GOTY of the year, two years in a row

>GOTY of the year, two years in a row.

How can a game be game be so based?

Attached: EF2EEB97-CAF5-4476-A4AD-859C8C97667E.jpg (739x415, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DI5X2UFJ36w
youtube.com/watch?v=TcRHTFKBvv0
gematsu.com/2018/12/dragon-quest-xi-s-launches-in-2019-in-japan-teaser-trailer
youtu.be/h6dsxCfdZlk?t=2m24s
youtu.be/J64FvzrDjh8
youtube.com/watch?v=tY-Kmk97Kl4
youtube.com/watch?v=YzoDjY2yv5g
youtube.com/watch?v=SnfoDNg7kP8
youtube.com/watch?v=0iPurc4T-bU
youtu.be/J7yZ-jAj7Zk?t=359
youtube.com/watch?v=78Fu4w33ipc
youtu.be/J64FvzrDjh8?t=573
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's THE chad series

>Game of the year of the year

The story sucks and the combat is pokemon level easy if you dont pick the hard mode, its ok

>game of the year of the year
>how can a game be game be

Attached: 46a.png (645x729, 90K)

FPBP

Cope

Attached: E9231CF9-C7A5-4143-858A-D22A72DC2D66.png (512x715, 58K)

TOOT

Reminder that the Switch version is vastly superior

>complete 2D mode you can play the entire game in
>ability to explore past DQ worlds
>expanded storyline, each character will be more fleshed out
>QoL changes
>more monsters you can ride
>orchestra OST instead of synthesized
>can romance and marry girls in the postgame

Also despite being on the Switch it still looks decent

Attached: dq.jpg (1691x463, 415K)

>its actually three total years when you consider the initial Japanese release
HOLY FUCKING KINO!

Attached: DQ8-Jessica.jpg (848x1200, 204K)

>1 thirty second track on loop
>80000 decibels
>just cliche horns and shit regardless of what you're doing
>it's not even orchestra
returned it within an hour

You forgot to mention the vastly dumbed down visuals and removal of the outlines.

I don't like outlines, so that's a plus for me if anything

>can romance and marry girls in the postgame
I'm sold. Did not pick it up on PS4 when I heard it's coming to Switch.

>dumbed down visuals

What's your favourite JRPG?

nice to see that smash babies are going to lower the DQ discourse on Yea Forums even further

When are we getting another 3/9 style game with the party customization?

I'm pretty glad I was so busy with other games that I didn't buy this for PC or my PS4
Don't think I would have had the energy to go through it all twice.

Now I can play it for the first time AND enjoy the much better and more content filled version of it.

Attached: 1345143370393.jpg (222x216, 8K)

For me, its Devil Survivor, the best megaten game

How is the PC version?

youtube.com/watch?v=DI5X2UFJ36w

Attached: 1557327227424.jpg (480x410, 119K)

>a large pass of simplified geometry in the world
>lower texture resolution
>removal of a few post effects
>world geometry modified to assist in rendering distance by obscuring things

I'm honestly mad because I decided to support the series by buying it as soon as I could and this the shit I get in return. Gonna pirate the Switch version in return.

Best looking and can patch in orchestra soundtrack unlike PS4, but lacks the rest of

wait for switch version

>mfw I started playing it on day 1 of JP release
>still haven't finished it

I fucking knew it

no pls don't, we gotta show squeenix we want more JRPGs
Pls I need my bravely default 1+2 HD remaster collection and bravely 3 on the Switch

Don't let us down user

Attached: 400f88813a733010e09191f85bc20539.png (997x1300, 1.75M)

no fuck off
i bought this shit full price on PC just to get shafted less than a year later
fuck you and fuck square enix

>can romance and marry
You can "live with" the guys as well.

60fps is a hell of a drug

Attached: Nice Water.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

DQV is the best in the series

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 19K)

Based!! you're back!
youtube.com/watch?v=TcRHTFKBvv0

As a complete newb to DQ, what is the best game to start with?

I know you're mad but user please
I need this fairy in my life

Attached: 1389636809552.jpg (357x307, 32K)

So happy there is no definitive version of this game. They better release an addon for all this shit on PS4/PC. I love my Switch, but I'm not buying a worse looking version of the game when I own it on PS4 and it looks gorgeous there. I'll pay for the added content, even. Just let me play it on a console where it looks great and not on the muddy switch.

Wait, Bravely is on PC?

Never ever.
You will NEVER EVER get all the Switch definitive version stuff.

>still never got Slime 3 or Terry’s Wonderland 3D

Fucking off me

>not buying it for the 2D mode
This game will truly seperate the boomers from the zoomers

>"Who cares about all that stuff, THE GRAPHICS WERE CUT DOWN TO ACCOMIDATE WEAKER HARDWARE"
You could play it in 2D mode if it triggers you so hard that it looks a bit worse despite adding all the features and content it does.

Attached: 1558228895647.png (600x436, 372K)

>turn on Auto-Run
>pick Fight Wisely
>win the game
Wow, great game design there

Attached: 1536631219221.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

Lemme know how far you make it with both those Draconian Quest modifiers. I tried it and had to turn of the culled exp gain. I was getting fucking wrecked by everything.

VIII, V, or XI are easily the best jumping on points.

I started with 6. I would say just pick a game. People in the other thread have been saying 5 and 8 are fan favs and 11 is good as well

So I am the only one who prefers the sword on the right without the black outline?

Definitely 8

Fucking this. Mana Collection and Octopath in handheld are the fucking best.

I’m not this faggot I show my support for this series every chance I get but Squeenix took a big fat shit on early adopters with this. Besides, now that DQ is in smash and XI becomes available on pretty much all platforms the future looks bright for the series in the west. Just gotta wait for the definitive edition next time.

WHERE IS THE BRAVELY COLLECTION HD REMASTER ON THE SWITCH SQUEENIX

WHERE IS IT

YOU HINTED AT US GETTING SOMETHING BRAVELY AGES AGO
THEN YOU DID IT AGAIN ON TWITTER WHEN OCTOPATH CAME OUT

WHERE THE FUCCCCCCCCCCKKKK IS IT

Attached: 9ddaf0bded9208e0e447889bb1c57b97.jpg (850x700, 126K)

1-6 on mobile are probably the best versions, VII and VIII are best on 3DS, IX is DS only as of now, X is a Japan-Only MMO and while it has a decent amount of free trial content now you do need a few hoops to get in and XI's best version is going to be the upcoming Switch version

I got bored around the end of the first arc because the game stopped being balls to the wall hard when you got the gay dude's AoE heal. Getting my ass beat was the only thing keeping me invested

>Terry’s Wonderland 3D
full fan translation is on gbatemp

If I were to play it in 2d mode I'd be bitching about them asking me to pay full price to play in it.

I always thought the hint at bravely stuff turned out to be octopath itself.

Well, SE did plainly state on the original release that there was going to be no DLC. This is the monkey paw in effect.

Early adopters got BTFO

Yeah...fucking need to hack my 3DS. Fuck it.

>fog out of the ass
>better
you quadruple nigger

I would say 4 or 5 because of their pacing, DQ8 and 11 are just way too long for their own good

Why do the characters of this game all look so boring, though?
Compared to any other JRPG I played of this kind, these ones all look very.. uninteresting, design wise.

Still happy I got it on PS4. It was amazing and I’m gonna do completely different builds in this version while doing 2D sprites most of the time

Do they change anything about the difficulty in it? I wish they would do harder difficulties, I always level up too much too early and get bored.

Shut the fuck up bitchboy

Based Patrician Taste

2D gets random encounters?

They hinted something Bravely related after showing how well Octopath sold.

I cant stop laughing. You are an autist-genius of comedy, OP

very nice water in this game

The hard monsters mode pretty much changes the entire game, generic mobs go from routine to deadly and bosses become threats that even the most optimal strategy's will sometimes lose too. I think it goes a tad too far with the bosses in early game but its better than the normal mode that you can get away with not even uses debuffs

I'm going to live with Erik over and over again until he can't walk right.

those are windmills you are tilting at lad

I don't recall.

The time travel shit was dumb.

Fag

how's dq7?

Even the one that's your grandpa?

meanwhile all we get for supporting the series its a fucking yarn.

Attached: yarn.png (1269x851, 1.65M)

Is Dragon Quest the series where all monsters have kinda punny names?

yeah, i liked the original timeline where veronica dies and where the world has been destroyed. It gives a pretty cool vibe of fighting despair and it had some real impact on the party and the world, the actual true ending is just too convenient

Is it actually that good? I stopped playing after finishing the desert area and haven’t touched it in months.

not gonna lie if I had already bought dq11 I'd be fucking pissed right now

Celeste was GOTY last year. This year it will be Astral Chain

mods will fix it

>Content wise: Switch
>Graphics wise: PC
>What’s the point wise: PS4

How is Dragon Quest Builders 2?
Considering picking it up first while I wait for XI.

alright mod it on the ps4

>OP makes word salad post
>It is funny
>I laugh
>Feel good
Thank you OP :)

Not him but i have and i'm not necessarily mad. It's still a really questionnable move from SE, not to just call it a dick move, but i still enjoyed the fuck out of the game so it's okay

Not sure if him and Sylvando are available.

DRAGON QUEST BLOWS

t. ranny

whatever ill emulate the switch version. i already new it was gonna be better but i was afraid that if the ps4 version didnt sold well the switch version wouldnt be localized. what i really care about is the 2d mode because i enjoy random encounters and it also fixes the turn based system.

???
I mean don't you think these are pretty basic outfits and all? Compared to other JRPGs.

Attached: ss_f0404ac3cd809a5de362afbeca90a1dcc2670ec7.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 136K)

The 2D version changes how combat works too? What does it do better?

Shut the fuck up. I was an idiot too that paid 60 bucks for this. "Oh yeah gotta support the games I love" then it goes on sale a month later. Then a better version comes out on a console I'll never buy.

Getting really fucking tired of new video games. Square can literally eat my ass

I'm happy because I have a switch and I'm really looking forward to this game.
But man what a kick in the balls for PS4 users. The game won goty and they even sold those ridiculously expensive special PS4s and slime controllers in Japan and now switch users get a vastly superior version and sonyfags have to watch them play it. wtf square

Attached: 1445470971106.jpg (1200x1600, 441K)

Have they released any samples of the orchestrated ost? If it's good I'll buy. I quit the PS4 version because the music was actually ruining my enjoyment of the game.

Me with my gf

Attached: 1533550634742.png (900x1243, 1.25M)

Hope it emulates well

user we already knew the Switch version would be the definitive edition before PC released. Come on.

That’s a good thing. Better than the overdesigned shit the Xeno series have.

It's Square Enix punishing Sony for censoring so many JP games lately.

Is this version forever switch only? I was gonna but XI in the coming steam sale.

I am interested in the game but would rather get it on the PC. Any idea if the extra stuff coming to it like DLC or something?

Attached: 1515687333397.jpg (750x744, 102K)

so in other DQ games you select the actions of the whole party one after another and then the agility stat decides the order including monster turns. but in the ps4 version you decide what action to take and the character follows right after. this is a problem because you no longer plan in advance guess what the enemy will do but instead react to the current situation certain that you turn is the next one.

thats a big fairy

The orchestrated ost sounds great, the bad part is that it’s the same fucking song over and over again.

The problem is not really the switch getting extra stuff, it's more about the ps4/pc getting none of it

DQ is so boring and not even shitposting. Story is not interesting and the gameplay is pokemon tier and then you have the shit tier music. Then you get fags waffling how its charming and whatnot when it's just another word for snoozefest.I can see why this series always lived in old FF's shadow.

Attached: 1537431155919.jpg (885x1254, 985K)

No it's classic nusquare. Milk it and who gives a fuck about the ones that supported you. I hope FF7 kills this company for good

Nope. They said it’s Nintendo exclusive.

I wanna marry and impregnate Jade

>Restart your save, or play an inferior version of a game!
How about you go fuck yourself.

Attached: Garbage.jpg (541x471, 65K)

We also knew about that. The point of contention was always whether or not waiting would be worth it since everybody following the release was well aware of these facts.

I'll just skip in and emulate it in a few years then so I can increase the rendering res.

>same grating tune in every battle and environment
Yea great game

Attached: 1560369992251.png (367x337, 306K)

The real chads are people who waited for the Switch definitive version and didn't already play it on PS4/PC

Attached: chad3.jpg (857x1200, 102K)

>>can romance and marry girls in the postgame
Wait seriously? I can fuck Jade?

Yeah, they were going to put on PS4 too but Sony censored it so it's Switch only now

Wise decision. Switch emulation will only get better and better and, having played and greatly enjoyed the game already, I’d say it’s worth the wait.

When is this coming out again? I didn't pickup this game the first time but I hear this version has extra stuff in it including being able to finally marry Jade.

It's possible you'll still be required to include Gemma in a three way but yes.

Attached: upcoming.jpg (723x2500, 1.04M)

You can marry Jade, the rest of the girls or have gay friendships with the boys. Disregard this faggot , being able to get with the party members is one of the new features of this version, nothing to do with Snoy.

Outside: I want to marry you user-Kun
Inside: I'm gonna rape your dick until nothing comes out of it anymore

Never played a Dragon Quest game except thirteen or so years ago when I rented VIII from Blockbuster, Is XI for Switch a good way to get in to the franchise?

That was kinda my problem. The field music and battle music were just so blaring and repetitive that it made me stop. Which I mean I could have turned down the music, but then I just sit in silence and listen to footsteps

this lacks some good stuff like Yugioh

Attached: switch lineup.jpg (579x1336, 469K)

Attached: jade1.webm (1280x720, 2.47M)

Attached: 1370218876654.jpg (480x454, 33K)

Wait you can actually marry best girl instead of the only option being discount Bianca? Picked the fuck up. Why didn't they just do this with the original game? Or did they not expect Jade to become as popular as she got?

Attached: 1559402333653.jpg (970x545, 64K)

Citra is your friend
also hacking a 3DS is more piss easier than it was back in 2017

Is this from the PC version?
I assume on PS4 there's a giant ray of light across the screen

don't act dumb

Honestly I'd say V is the pretty good beginner entry. Just emulate the DS version.

fuck this quest

Attached: 20190615165113_1.jpg (1366x768, 205K)

imagine the sex

If I thought DQ VIII was one of the most aesthetically brilliant games ever conceived, will I be disappointed by DQ XI?

>worst game of the series
>goty

Not that GOTY means anything anymore.

Is there an actual source for you being able to supposedly marry Jade in the Switch version?

I don't have to imagine.

Attached: 1533552635171.jpg (1280x640, 93K)

hey guys!

Attached: Jade's Trusty Toilet.png (509x496, 602K)

i want to pat Jade's butt

I usually don't buy games with my dick. But JESUS Jade is like my perfectly designed JRPG woman. Yennefer is WRPG best. Long black haired women give me life

>When Dragon Quest 11 S is released in Japan next year, the game will include something new that affects the ending of the game. [Warning: Spoiler alert!] Now, instead of being locked into a single marriage choice, players will have the option of choosing their bride. Players can also choose to live with two male characters, Erik or Hendrik, Dragon Quest creator Yuji Horii said in an interview with Famitsu.

based doujinbro

Attached: crying dab.jpg (416x554, 24K)

That's quite the powerful lineup
>Bloodstained
>Mario Maker 2
>FE: Three Houses
>Astral Chain
>Daemon x Machina
>Zelda: Link's Awakening
>Drago Quest 11
>Pokemon SWooSH
And that's only the shit with an announced release date. My dick is hard as fuck for Trails of Mana, No More Heroes 3 and SMT V

Who knows. Even playing the vainilla version Jade makes more sense than what we actually got. She has a strong bond with the Luminary, she’s kinda like a big sister and feels responsible for him, always having his back. One thing I never understood, besides tradition, is why some parts of the game focus on her sex appeal and it’s use as a weapon when the character itself never flaunts said sex appeal. It made sense with Jessica in VIII but not here with Jade.

Yeah, fuck the people who got to play it a year ago! Gotta keep getting those late hand-outs since none of the big shit at E3 got announced for Switch.

PS4 version is not censored at all. There’s nothing in the game to censor really.

Oh sweet. Guess I did good by skipping out no the game so far. Also kek at fujos only getting a fujobait option and not an actual marriage like with the girls. Won't be surprising when some "journalist" makes a big fuss over muh representation.

ANSWER ME YOU FAGS

No. XI > VIII

Yeah I personally will be buying all these
By far the most excited for Mario Maker 2 though. I'll put thousands of hours into it, I cannot wait.

Attached: upcoming_f.jpg (723x2500, 665K)

Lurk moar newfriend

no, xi is the best looking game ever

No. XI is like VIII, but in HD. It's great.

>Be PC player
>hear a mainline EW game coming to PC, a first of its kind
>Buy it to support it and the possibility of more DQ games on PC
>later on find out there's gonna be more content
>it will only be on Switch, something I don't own
>tfw to play the new content not only do I have to pay 60 dollars again but also 200 dollars just to get the console too

The amount of rage I have is immeasurable. This is what I get for supporting something only to get shit on.

Attached: 1501655874173.gif (500x281, 999K)

XI is VIII 2

god this is catchy

I really hope they give Jade more character development in Switch version.

>Why didn't they just do this with the original game?
Because this isn't DQV. The marriage was just a optical post game extra that has zero bearing on the game. Of course they weren't going to focus on it.

My crystal is awakening

Next time you know. Only buy games on Nintendo, pirate them everywhere else.

i've played many rpgs and jrpgs

dragon quest is something i've never liked. silence protagonist, boring plot, classical jrpg combat

What does it actually mean when bunny girls give you a puff puff?

Attached: Jade DQXI.jpg (1280x720, 201K)

Strongest second half of the year line up I've ever seen for a Nintendo console. No wonder they pushed Animal Crossing to Spring.

Attached: 9354e7ffec92e38b1eadda5d9ef0bcc1.jpg (744x967, 168K)

>Dragon Quest XI Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition S
>DQXIEEADES

too bad there isnt something in the middle... this is what a lot of games are missing thesedays.

So which girls in this game can you marry now? I haven't played it yet but I'm looking forward to it and I'd like some visual demonstration of the possible choices.

Attached: 1471931176964.png (416x388, 12K)

Why do you act like you were going to play it? You just gonna watch it on your favourite youtuber stream, chap. Your fucking gen, I wish you were less lazy and do something sometime!

All

youtu.be/h6dsxCfdZlk?t=2m24s
All the characters got extra story scenes. Going by that older trailer, looks like it expands on what each character was doing at the start of act 2 before you find them again.

how many is "all"?

>25 hours into PC version
>My autism learning about the superior Switch version two days ago

Attached: 20d99e6fe5d771d7e3fa13aef1591ec4--reaction-pictures-meme.jpg (236x236, 8K)

>1 hours in DQ11

Attached: sleep.jpg (861x765, 101K)

>already 15 minutes into DQ11 on the PC
Fucks sake am I really gonna start over?

>start DQ11 on release date
>piss easy
>it doesn't get any harder few hours in
>start over with Draconian mode
>pick DQ11 up again for the first time today
>read this
Guess I'll wait for the Switch version.

Attached: 1546554607913.jpg (597x597, 54K)

Just marathoned first 3 hours of DQ11. What did I think about it?

Jade, Serena and Gemma. Probably Veronica too. But let's be honest, 99% of people are going to marry Jade. You can Aldo live with the male characters, but no marriage for fujos.

Attached: 4RcznUN.jpg (2560x1440, 280K)

I've been interested in getting it but i hate the voice acting for the english VAs, Is there a nip speak option?

Attached: 1541773742445.jpg (474x474, 51K)

Seething stevie

>torrent of the DQ11 on 78%
fucking hell, i don't want to start over

Yes, it's one of the features for the definitive version.

RIP PC bros

Switch version will have japanese voices too. And this version will fully voiced scenes too.

I don't want to pay 400 some dollars to play Dragon Quest.
I'll just pay 80 canadian fun bucks and endure the missing extra content.

Attached: 1356810127451.jpg (1728x2304, 1.36M)

>lock the girl people actually want to fuck behind a exclusive edition of a game most people have already played
This should be illegal.

Attached: 1549621565553.png (1920x800, 751K)

It’s been goty for 3 years user

Man even you guys are absolute cunts, I'm not gonna buy another console for this. I've learned my lesson now.

I’m kinda interested in this series but I gotta ask: What’s the appeal? Like the combat seems like your usual turn based menu shtick for all the games in the series. Ain’t trying to shit on the game, just genuinely curious since I have never touched a DQ game before. Also, do I have to play previous entries to get what’s going on in this one or is like like Final Fantasy where each game is their own story despite sharing the same universe?

Is Veronica an option?

Unironically for her personality

Attached: 19C46101-1855-4A4F-85BE-D790F7597733.jpg (500x711, 128K)

Do it for her PC bros.

Attached: 1536826064666.jpg (3840x2160, 509K)

But Veronica is best girl and Luminary would sacrifice everything for her.

Attached: reunion.jpg (1280x720, 215K)

Attached: switchpower.jpg (934x1080, 363K)

>Grass and foliage and enemy's and pretty much everything else doesn't render until 3 feet away for insane pop up
>540p

It's got the most content but geez is it ugly

>I’m kinda interested in this series but I gotta ask: What’s the appeal?
It's fucking fun.

Not the first time DQ has done it. Though DQV in the DS is a more excusable than DQXI for obvious reasons.

Attached: debora finisher.webm (480x360, 2.6M)

i will emulate you with yuzu

Attached: 1559414125604.gif (300x424, 2.56M)

This
and also because she's cute and funny

I think the appeal is that it feels more like a 90's JRPG instead of trying to modernize it with a shitty combat system like Final Fantasy XV.

Has it been confirmed to have dual audio in the English release? I’m not sitting through this game in English again.

I too love making up shit and exaggerating beyond belief.

>Has it been confirmed to have dual audio in the English release
Yes.

Yep, they said it during the treehouse too. DQ11 Switch is getting JP and JP voices too.

I was so fucking happy to hear FE:TH was dual audio

dragon quest XII when?

Im so glad I didnt get the PC version and held out. This is going to pay off big time.

>this fucking blur
>not glorius pc version
even ps4 version looks better in every fucking way

Oh fuck nice year

Attached: 1559338223178.jpg (592x754, 52K)

All these "extra" features are something that should have been in the base game.

I'm doing it for her
>Inb4 Airhead, no personality, and or trash

Attached: Drunk Delinquent dot jaypeg.jpg (650x500, 112K)

youtu.be/J64FvzrDjh8

Go to 12:07 and watch as all the grass, bushes, foliage appears only when 3 feet from it. It's awful

I agree. If I had already bought the game I'd be mad they aren't at least patching it in for my version.
Oh well, Switch will be my first time playing it so I'm alright.

you should really add OLL and Mary Skelter 2

/thread

she died for me when she went full dyke

Looks fine enough for me given all the extra stuff the version has
Not gonna dampen my enjoyment

So is it that unlikely that they'll bring this content to PC/PS4? Maybe not right away, but could they do it later?

I just don't wan't to get the switch version to find out later they're relaseing the added content to PC.

veronica should have an adult costume

I didn't make it, but what is OLL?

>So is it that unlikely that they'll bring this content to PC/PS4
It's looking that way. Seems that they're banking on this content being exclusive solely for the Switch. Which is great for people who have a Switch and haven't touched this game yet, but everyone else is getting royally scewed over since they payed and played what is essentially an incomplete version of the game.

This isnt a western game. Japanese devs are notorious for having different versions of games and never bringing the superior version to different platforms. If it does get rereleased on PS4/PC, itll happen around the same time Person 5 gets a switch port. Aka never.

Omega labyrinth life

Attached: 1560409818001.png (1004x1116, 567K)

C

Attached: 1531727932381.png (800x550, 11K)

Can't wait to cuck her with Jade.

>Say no again just to see her leg.

Attached: 1385407954160.jpg (800x586, 107K)

Redpill me on this series

Croikey?

> £39.99

I'll get it when there's a sale

Attached: 1544553275220.jpg (795x467, 115K)

Attached: dqslime.png (1000x1000, 73K)

It better not have Fucking dubtitles

£40 is cheap as fuck dude

i like a deal

They would have to remake all of her animations. There is a pc mod to replace Serena with adult Veronica though.

Attached: adultveronica.jpg (1280x720, 239K)

>40 pounds
For what version?
DQ11 Switch is 70€ for me wtf

Just hack your Switch. It's so easy your tech illiterate grandmother could do it.

Almost zero chance. The reason the Switch version was delayed is that the platform wasn't compatible with the original game engine, so they actually rebuilt it from the ground up using what assets they could carry. In effect, the development was actually closer to a remake than a port and a lot of the content could be added because they had to redo each scene anyways. Square just fucking made DQXI three fucking times.
The same reason the Switch version was delayed is why we're unlikely to get the content back ported. They'd actually have to go and tear apart a lot of the game then put it back together, and Square ain't likely to do that.

Where are you finding it for £40

It's a classic JRPG that went the opposite route of FF and instead of getting more and more outlandish with each new entry it just stays the same for the most part. Just play DQV and see if you like it form there.

Attached: Dragon_quest_v_wall_1.jpg (755x615, 589K)

>missing out on the online of MK8D, Spla2n, Smash, MHGU, Mario Maker 2, Pokémon, Animal Crossing and the upcoming new F-Zero

H O R S E

New wedding photos with the other girls will be nice.

Attached: 742120_20181110221018_1.png (1920x1080, 2.73M)

Jesus you cucks are obsessed. Keep that shit in /vg/.

It scaled down to weaker hardware better than VIII did.

I hate that I'm going to play $60 for a game I already own.

pc

Attached: DRAGON QUEST XI Echoes of an Elusive Age_2018_09_23_14_10_57_251.jpg (3840x2160, 914K)

are early adopters seething?

>all that super-fine detail in the clothing lost on both PS4 & Switch

>Buy those 6 games for online
>Pirate literally every other 200 games

Why are DQucks so delusional? Nobody gives a shit about these dumb games outside Japan because they're trash. They're always seething and talking shit in FF threads.

>people prefer this over ff
why

Splatoon 2's online is already getting sunset.

because ff are action games now, in case you havent noticed

Not really. It's still insanely active.

You're living with me in the switch verison, right user?

Attached: Dragon-Quest-XI-Erik-min.jpg (1280x720, 159K)

Have you played any of the recent FFs?
The last good one was 12. That was a long time ago.

Attached: DRAGON QUEST XI Echoes of an Elusive Age_2018_09_19_23_46_52_422.jpg (3840x2160, 938K)

I love both series but Dragon Quest games are legitimately much better designed even if they're less creative. Almost every Final Fantasy makes half of your tools useless and the systems they make over every game are usually extremely exploitable. A couple games will just collapse under their own weight by accident and become brain dead even if you don't try to exploit them like 7. This isn't even touching on the quality decline of the later titles. DQ is consistent as fuck even if I think FF usually hits higher highs.

Attached: DRAGON QUEST XI Super-Resolution 2018.09.20 - 21.35.53.19.jpg (7680x4320, 3.08M)

I feel like I'll unironically spend the rest of the year doing nothing but playing games on the Switch. Every month there's at least one more title coming out I really am looking forward to.

Attached: 1381008283945.png (300x300, 43K)

because there's only like 6 good FF games in the entire franchise while every single DQ game is good

Attached: dqviii.png (2480x720, 1.76M)

>All these people mad about buying the PS4/PC version when SE confirmed a Switch version two years ago and it still wasn't out late last year when the English version came out, which just screamed "The Switch version will have extra content as incentive to buy it because it's releasing so late

How can people be so dumb? Do you people function by yourselves, or does someone take care of you? If you're 12 I can understand.

bait

They REALLY should be updating the PS4 and PC versions

I really hope they will update other versions too. But something tells me even if they do, they will ask money for it. Which sucks because I already bought it twice. Fuck PC for not having Collector's Edition.

How am I baiting?

Switch version was built from the ground up. It's not gonna happen.

So left has more soul?

There's no excuse for not realizing this was happening if you're a series fan, but I think XI picked up a lot of passing audiences that grabbed it on sale or saw and ad and never played another game before. I kind of feel bad for those people.
Personally I saw it coming as soon as Switch as announced and I'm glad to finally be getting it, but boy I came close to buying a PS4 just for XI a few times.

>localized "aniki" as "guv" and not "bruv" Why are DQ localizers so retarded?

They will, six month after the switch for the low price of $59.99 + plus tip

There's almost zero chance. It's Square's fault but not for the reasons you think, it isn't a money problem, they went full retard on the release and now they can't fix it.

More barrels; less soul.

Damn I'm an impatient fuck, just bought the ps4 version knowing full well I'm probably still going to get the switch version regardless. Guess wagecucking is good for something, r-right

Attached: ae238f7bd964233aef15e4af3180d2b8.jpg (1920x1080, 295K)

DQ localizations are typically extremely bad. It's really sad. I just play them in Japanese, but I still wish they were more faithful.

He sees the protagonist as his leader, so guv makes more sense than bruv. "Bruv" is just a nigger chav thing anyway while guv was actually used by common workers to refer to their bosses.

Based patientchads won by getting the definitive version

How so? We live in an age of ubiquitous patches. This isn't like shipping a buggy game on cartridge you can fix anything now.

i'm so fucking mad

>PS4
should have bought PC. PS4 is objectively the worst version of the game

Hard mode confirmed yet? Gonna need a source too.

>megaslowpoke

The switch version of the game is built ground up it can't be easily ported

>PS4
You fucked up, now you're stuck with the only version without Orchestral music.

PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=tY-Kmk97Kl4
PC Modded:
youtube.com/watch?v=YzoDjY2yv5g

I kinda want to double dip, anyone else thinking about it? Also, what version of VIII should I play? I have seen the graphic comparison shots, but heard the 3DS has a shit ton more content.

For the switch version obviously.

That just gives me even more incentive to double dip

Me too user. Between this and FF7, I'VE BECOME SO NUMB

>still no news of Definitive content coming to PC
Fuck Square

also
>ending makes it clear that the luminary going to the past just makes an alternate timeline instead of changing things in the present.
>this means the original Mom and Gemma are still at the last sanctuary waiting for the main hero to come home but he never will.

Sounds like bullshit, they could drag and drop most of these changes right over.

Behind the scenes the Switch version is actually a completely different game from the other versions designed to resemble them as closely as possible. Normally back porting is basically copy pasting the code and cleaning it up, in this case they'd actually have to rewrite huge chunks of the PS4 code and then test it to work.

How much do you think this version will sell in Japan? Do you think there will be a lot of double dipping?

Any video that directly compares non-orchestra vs orchestra?

Basically yeah

see

The original world doesn't exist anymore, it merged with the new one. Hori confirmed it.

glad i pirated this the first time around. jade marriage hype

Attached: whimsicottjoy.gif (616x505, 10K)

Decently. Japan never got the Western enhancements (voice acting, sprinting), so S will be an even bigger upgrade for them.

oh wow that's night an day
holy fuck I would be livid as a ps4 owner

Based Johnny two times

Attached: Rr7GMi7p.jpg (512x512, 37K)

i still haven't done the post game questline because i don't want my friends to lose their memories, but it seems like i should get to it before the switch version comes out since i'm a dirty double dipper. do they somewhat keep their memories at least?

It's getting pretty annoying. I thought I'd be safe buying day 1 with Dragon Quest of all things but I guess not. I guess these companies just don't want me to support their games anymore. If I don't want to be screwed I guess I have to buy second had years after.

C'mon man everyone following the series knew this was coming before PS4 was even out.

I was so mad that they released the Orchestral Mod like a day after I finished the game I did entire second playthrough on NG+ mode right then and there just so my lasting impression would be with the good music.

Attached: DRAGON QUEST XI_2018_09_25_02_42_50_804.jpg (1920x1080, 356K)

I'm gonna go play some Dragon Quest Dragon Quest.

i am mad af

Honestly not a fan of some of the original XI compositions, orchestral or otherwise. But yeah, I almost feel bad for PS4 players not being able to sail to this.
youtube.com/watch?v=SnfoDNg7kP8

Attached: 742120_20180909180439_1.png (1920x1080, 2.48M)

>do they somewhat keep their memories at least?

Nope. Not even a little. It annoyed me too.

No but they get a feeling of deja vu sometimes.

the Orchestral Mod has no glitches, nothing left out besides the victory sound, and so forth? my brother impulse-bought the game on PC just the other day without waiting for Definitive Edition as if hoping the changes would come to other versions, but I doubt it at this rate

Wonder what're the odds that the expanded story content will do something about this.

Has she saved her virginity intact for him?

Worked perfectly fine for me. This isn't like VII where some of the tracks weren't looped correctly.

Attached: 742120_20180922213931_1.png (1920x1080, 1.85M)

If they bring all of the Switch version updates to PC (and PS4) then I'll give it some credit. Otherwise, fuck Square Enix from selling a crippled version in advance with less content, only to offer a "good" version down the line. Fuck that idea no matter who proffers it. If every Witcher, Divinity Original Sin, and Pillars game gets a free "enhanced edition" with a fuckton of upgrades as a patch, fucking Dragon Quest isn't exempt. Its bad enough if they expect people who paid full price for the game previously to PAY for the "good" version, but its even worse if said good version is not available on PC etc..anymore at all.

Literally, you're wrong. This isn't like "oh well should've planned for rainy weather! See? The forecast?" I swear when this shit came out all the threads were ARE YOU GONNA SUPPORT THIS GAME YOU HAVE TO WE NEED THE SALES

It's like going from
youtube.com/watch?v=0iPurc4T-bU to youtu.be/J7yZ-jAj7Zk?t=359

oof, that character development is all gone. well, might as well do all the side quests i can then start. what's the explanation for hendrik joining you in the new timeline?

>expanded storyline, each character will be more fleshed out

jade could use this. everything regarding her is paper thin post act 1

And then it underperformed outside japan as usual. Funny how things turn out.

Now watch, because he's in Smash and this is coming to Switch it'll finally be the first major breakout hit for Dragon Quest. Ungrateful fucks ignoring it until now.

People forget that the 3ds version had the most content and was considered definitive.

>ARE YOU GONNA SUPPORT THIS GAME YOU HAVE TO WE NEED THE SALES
Oh no, this is true too, but everyone still realized that an expanded Switch version was inevitable because it was a Dragon Quest release and the Switch was gaining massive popularity. The plan was always to double dip.

They don't dwell on it, everyone went through hard times after the tree fell...

Is the Switch version gonna end up running at like 20fps? I want the extra content, but I'm easily irritated by framerate drops and wonder if I should just get it on PC for that sweet 60fps.

What about those that will never buy a Switch because Nintendo is fucking AIDS? Hmmm? What about those people? They don't mean shit right? Fuck the gamers, there's always more where they came from. Fuck anyone that supported our efforts.

thanks for beta testing bros
switchchads always win

I didn't see any frame Rate issues in the footage they've seen. It's probably a stable 30.

For all you western fags crying about "muh anime swordsman", stay mad.
youtube.com/watch?v=78Fu4w33ipc

Based on the treehouse demo, it looks like a relatively stable 30.

I literally have no reason to support these faggots. I will not be waiting 10 years for and EPISODIC release of a game that could have been made in 2 years. I will not buying a Switch to play a game I barely enjoyed.

I will never give them another dime.

I really hate how DQ ports are handled. You've got different version stuck on different systems, half the time having features that don't get carried over. Same shit will happen with XI, we'll get a PS5 version that incorporates some switch port elements while losing others and having some new stuff as well.

Don't care for Smash, seeing a CG render of Erdrick makes me yearn for a DQ3 remake.

Attached: dq3 classes.jpg (2436x992, 1.89M)

Quite a lot of people were unhappy. Honestly it's not a good thing towards popularizing DQ in the west. In Japan this is at least the fourth time they got unequal treatment so popularity's gonna drop a bit more as well.

One thing that 5ch points out is DQ doesn't usually get such big changes in such a short time so this is quite an usual case too.

That's why there was so much surprise when it was announced, right. Because everybody knew 2 years ago that this was coming. Please.

>can't play 2D mode with a literal SNES soundfont, only the MIDI or the orchestra
damn

Either this board has gotten WAY worse, or Square is shilling in these threads.

I'm prone to believing both

lol, why did it take them so long to add a Dragon Quest character in Smash?
that should have been in since 64 or Brawl (with Cloud i guess)

yeah definitely a good lineup, fuck I'm excited for AC and SMTV

I wish they'd just say something about SMT V... please..

U

After E3, I think I'll be plenty busy 'till SMT V. Still, I hope we see something before the end of the year 'cause it's my most anticipated since the Switch reveal.

Attached: SMTV.webm (960x540, 1.58M)

Attached: DRAGON-QUEST-XI-Super-Resolution-2018.09.05---02.06.31.38-Raw.jpg (7680x4320, 3.82M)

The PS4 version isn't an incomplete product, it was the intended version of the game. The Switch version has extra content because it waited two years and releasing the same game as a flat port two years late would've not just been bad business, but no favour to the consumers. They had to rebuild it from the ground up, this isn't corporate speak, it's a known fact that the Switch wasn't compatible with the version of Unreal 4 they worked on, so it just makes sense for them as developers to want to offer an expanded version of the game if they were going to rebuild everything late anyways and make money for it.
Square is cancer but you're ignoring the facts. This was always the only way things were going to play out.

The game was announced for the NX with the PS4 and 3DS versions user. We knew a delayed Switch release was coming before the Switch even had a name. Anyone who had been following Dragon Quest up to then should've expected this.

You fight Mordegon way earlier, so Luminary becomes a hero. He joins you to stop the new world ending disaster that appears.

Attached: Hendrik.jpg (1920x1080, 474K)

I like Dragon Quest so I bought the game because they usually don't do this kind of thing so quickly. I don't keep my ear to rumor mills and speculation and I shouldn't have to. It's a scummy thing that I didn't think I'd have to worry about DQ doing.

Horse pussy

The last act of the game annoys me. The world of ruin was such a cool act and it made the story have an actual impact in terms of characters, and world building. The last act is just way too convenient and wipes all of that

That doujin isn't erotic in the slightest but it's absolutely hilarious.

Is the difficult fun though? Making a game har isn't by itself interesting, otherwise people would rave about wizardry iv as being a masterpiece.
Does the combat and rpg mechanics make the difficulty something worth tackling?

Attached: box04-5B1-5D.jpg (584x892, 97K)

Shit, I never even finished playing it on PS4 and now I'm considering buying it again. 60 bucks down the drain I guess

Warrior's sweaty abs in HD

>The PS4 version isn't an incomplete product
I seriously doubt that

Predict the handheld resolution
>540p

Attached: 1552969601629.gif (500x281, 404K)

Harder monsters mode is fun because you actually need to use your buffs and debuffs to win. The beginning of the game with it is pretty hard before you have access to more skills though. Mid game feels quite balanced. I would imagine the normal difficulty would be boring if you can just mash out your strongest attacks every turn.

Decent till we see handheld gameplay in all its 400p glory

Unfortunately many users don't look at it like that.

Look at the DQB port. It probably also has to be rebuild again from scratch since it uses Sony's Phyre Engine, and all it gets is some small extras.

It's unusual for a DQ game to get a lot of upgrades in such a short time, so this is also a little unexpected. Many JP users only expected the Western release stuff + voice acting, mostly.

>playing handheld

Where the hell are you guys gettubg this switch version was built from scratch? All I remember is that the game was delayed because the version of UE4 was not yet compatible with the switch and that they waited for the UE4 update. And fyi with your version of the story it's 4 versions 1 for the ps4/pc, 2 for the 3DS( 3D and 2D mode) and the switch version that has the ps4 version 3D and the 3DS version of 2D mode.

>never played a DQ game before
>friend gets DQXI and he plays it and tells me how /comfy/ it is
>even streams it over discord so i can basically watch and we can just talk about what's going on in game
>somehow becomes like the highlight game of the year for him and i quite enjoy it myself
>he says 'i can see this as an snes style rpg' way before S edition got announced
>decide to look into the game for myself, get spoiled on some stuff but we'e already about to fight Mordegon in the Fortress of Fear, all sidequests up to now are complete
>oh shit there's a postgame where you go back in time to save Veronica
>he just thinks postgame is extra sidequests cause he got spoiled on number of quests
>he doesn't know
>MFW HE DOESN'T KNOW

I'm so excited, Yea Forums. Even more excited for the S edition with the orchestral soundtrack.

Attached: 1551755065358.jpg (859x839, 212K)

I played the PS4 version. Turned the music off 5 minutes in and completed the entire game without it.
It was rather interesting.

based

Not a big deal gwafixfag stop picking minor issues

When does it release

everyone is gonna cuck her, waifufags are going to marry their waifu and all the fujous/gays are going to live with their bro or whatever the fuck

It's just that using buffs standard fare in other rpgs. Smt requires you to use buffs, but without interesting party mechanics like the fusion system the game would not be that engaging.
Like, is there depth beyond learning to not just using your strongest skill every turn?

Attached: 1486708891329.jpg (962x698, 134K)

Seconded

Not to mention the you can play the game with the entire DQVIII OST.

Yuzu will fix it

>interesting party mechanics like the fusion system
Personally I hate monster fusion and such, I get too ocd over trying to get perfect stats/skills, etc and usually end up getting bored of the game. Part of getting through DQ11's harder bosses if figuring out which status effects work on them, and timing when you should be healing vs rebuffing vs attacking. Most buffs and statuses only last a couple turns and bosses can attack multiple times per turn. Also skill points are very limited, so for optimal fights you can reset your skill trees for each boss and figure out what's worth taking. You also have access to all 8 party members in each fight, with 4 out at a time. So when someone dies you either need to swap them out or waste turns on reviving/healing. Also need to swap members out to preserve their limited time "Pepped Up" state so you can make good use of the group skills they give access to.

Who cares?

Castlevania is doing just fine

It's ground up. The switch version is basically an apology to Nintendo because they wanted a simultaneous release bust just couldn't given that the engine didn't run well enough for handheld mode at all, so they had to rebuild it.
Now they really can't add a lot because the original versions are too restrictive. You might see it in 1-2 years but as expansion dlc, but that's unlikely since almost everyone will have moved on to PS5 / Scarlett, so more likely it would show up in an 'HD' edition later

>played the original JP version soon after release
>get to play it again now with all the extra content
God is good

So it's impossible that they will port the new content to PC right? Oh man, I was just waiting for a sale to buy it. Maybe I will buy Octopath Traveler instead but I don't know if it's worth 60 yurodollars

Attached: 1456965956657.jpg (428x376, 31K)

I might be wrong but did they add visible weapons on the back when you wear costumes? I haven't seen anyone mention it but if yes this is huge for me. You get so many cool outfits in 11 but I didn't wanna wear any of them because I really like the look of the weapon sheave on the back.

Attached: 124234234.png (1576x844, 3.09M)

I mean it's not impossible, it's just that Unreal Engine couldn't make a build to the Switch back then so they had to rework a LOT of stuff for the Switch version. So adding this stuff to the other versions would also require a lot of work, as they don't share the same engine.
All the extra content is, in part, an apology for making Switch owners wait so long.

Is the switch version the exact same as the ps4 or if I play the sony version I will miss content?

Switch version has a boatload of exclusive content and as far as known there are no plans to port it back to PS4/PC. It could theoretically happen as probably paid DLC, but from what others are saying that would be a pretty tall order (though not implausible). Plus even discounting all the content, 2D mode alone completely alters the way the entire game works.

I'm not sure if this was in the original but their's a vanity system now where you can have a specific armor worn by your character as visuals but still wear another armor for stats. Not sure if it expands in with weapons

youtu.be/J64FvzrDjh8?t=573

Dun da dun dun dun dun da Daaaaaaaah dun da duuun da dun do da do dGET THE FUCK OUT OF MY FUCKING AAAAHHHHHHH

>>ability to explore past DQ worlds
when did they mention this?
fuck
double dip it is

Ultimate emulated Switch merge with PC graphics when? I need a truly definitive edition to play.

Does DQV have any more plot development after rescuing your parents and heading to the underworld to defeat the big bad?

At that point I felt I had beaten the game already and kind of just lost interest.

check the treehouse, you can revisit small doses of old locations from past games with their own content, all of which even got 2D mode remastering so you can see a bit of 8 in SNES style and so forth

Because Final Fantasy is complete garbage ever since 13 came out and was only superior to Dragon Quest between FF 6 and 10.

no thats pretty much it

And now when I just started to trust SE again. Anyone knows any good JRPG in PC right now?

Attached: 1468176691274.jpg (300x300, 15K)

Its the bonus 2D maps that were 3DS version exclusive. They have a bunch of challenge fights and item rewards.

yeah I'll wait to buy the expansion on PS4

How you holding up early adopters

Attached: 1549427296988.jpg (762x548, 68K)

FFVIIR is 1000000000000000% coming to PC.

he asked for RPGs, not action games

>he thinks this is coming to PS4
kek this is SE's apology to Switch owners for delaying the game 2 years.
You're not getting this shit just like FF7 on PS4 isn't getting all the shit added in the Switch port.

I'm actually excited to play through it again. I'm interested in the new companion story content, and I'm going to be playing with all the Draconian difficulties activated instead of just stronger monsters.

most of the draconian stuff is unfun garbage like no armor or shypox, all it does is force you to grind more if you pick hard monsters alongside it

Just relaxing, waiting for definitive Switch edition too

Attached: 2018-01-07 11.21.57.jpg (718x960, 122K)

>since it uses Sony's Phyre Engine
Phyre is cross-platform, and the license doesn't limit it to Sony's platforms.

>now available in 240p!
Who would want this? Why would any person own a switch in the first place?

The kids on Yea Forums here.

>Probably Veronica too.
I hope she stays in loli form if you can marry her

Idiot the game has always been available at 240p

Attached: dragon_quest_11_3ds_.jpg (1726x1055, 301K)

is the NG+ mode exclusive to pc? i dont remember getting on ps4.

the 3ds version legitimately seems like the best version but itll never get translated for filthy gaijins like myself

>listening to the same shit theme song for 100 hours
No wonder Japs kill themselves to frequently

I know that nips are known to release many "definitive", "complete", "final whatever" versions of their games but I will never not be mad and not translating or porting all that new content to every platform. Fuck you SE, I'm still waiting for DQMJ 3 Professional in english

I'm curious how they mapped the '2d' game to the upper-end DQXI, since it was obviously made with the 3DS' 3d tiled environment layout in mind.

They can't. You're not even able to compare both version side by side. You can just change versions in churches and stuff.

It only seems that way because its off limits to you.

>Tfw started playing DQV and I'm actually enjoying it

Better than last year desu

You literally have to restart the chapter that you're on to play in 2d ""mode"". It's not a toggle.

>stuck on the girl inside the painting
>enchants almost all my team just due to bullshit RNG
>mfw resetting the game once again

Attached: 1465548492233.gif (338x252, 2.78M)

>buy Dragon quest two days ago
>couldn't play till today
>take weekend shift at work because $90 an hour on Saturdays
>finally get off work
>thinking about nip kino all day
>walk into house
>wife and four of her girlfriends sitting in the front room
>screaming kids running around (not mine)
>computer is in the living room
>turn around and go play pool for four hours
>just get home
>they are still here
>I'm just laying on my bed watching Seinfeld and shitposting on my phone

I miss being a neet so much

Attached: 1531563430046m.jpg (1024x691, 51K)

>just like FF7 on PS4 isn't getting all the shit added in the Switch port.
what did they added there?

I'M SORRY, SCOOB