ITT: Games PlayStation kiddies will NEVER play

Attached: panzer-dragoon-saga-saturn-cover_1024x1024.jpg (731x1024, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/g8ShyYDHzCI?t=12
gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-remake-of-panzer-dragoon-announced/1100-6467689/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: Ty_the_Tasmanian_Tiger_Coverart.jpg (220x313, 31K)

user nintendofags will play game next year maybe after Panzer Dragoon Remake came out

Wrong, Sega lost the source code. It's Saturn or nothing.

Panzer Dragoon Saga is the number 1 reason we should be thankful for emulation and piracy.

How did this game not sell saturns?

because it came out at the end of the saturns lifespan when nobody cared for the system anymore.

i was fortunate enough to buy a near mint copy for $60 off a collector a couple of years ago.

youtu.be/g8ShyYDHzCI?t=12

It was released in 1998, right as Dreamcast was coming into the picture. Nobody gave two fucks about the Saturn which had already been dead in the west since 1996.

Fuck. You are right.Forever Entertainment doing only first two game remakes. Basedfags btfo.

PD was never good.

Neither will anyone else...

But, if the remakes sell, couldn't they just remake Saga from scratch using assets from the other two?

Attached: pds.png (582x386, 67K)

YOU were never good.

I don't want a remake. I think the Saturn low poly/low resolution graphics are a key component of the visual presentation and contribute heavily to the grunge... a modern remake will absolutely obliterate all that.

Are you not looking forward to the remakes of the first two either?

I want to play that game so bad. I have a sega saturn, but don't want to pay the fuckton amount of money it takes to acquire this game. How is Sega Saturn emulation these days?

I have never seen a sega saturn in real life. Where were they even sold?

Stores. Stores in America and Japan.

Except Kay-Bee Toys.

I think I got mine at a flea market or something. Just a lucky find. Probably pretty hard to come across unless you order online.

And whoever will remake it will fuck up the sublime soundtrack, no thanks

Of course not. I would prefer upscaled Saturn emulation with 60 fps graphics and further draw distance, or a recreation thereof.

Fair enough.

got my copy right here

Attached: fifteen hundred dollars.jpg (4032x3024, 2.93M)

t's emulatable now
It's not actually that good IIRC

And neither will anyone else because Sega lost the source code like a bunch of morons. That is unless you don't mind just emulating or are rich enough to buy a used copy off of ebay

PD1 had great music but medicore levels and was short and simplistic
Zwei had great gameplay and levels and a mediocre soundtrack introduced repeatability
Azel had a amazing soundtrack and interesting story but was a gameplay departure from the previous games but the battle system was still good.
Orta is the pinnacle of of the PD1/Zwei rail shooter design with refined gameplay mechanics and a great soundtrack.

My ranking Azel>Orta>Zwei>PD1

maybe I'll try and give it a shot. No guarantees, but might as well.

Feel free not to play a remake then. Personally I'd love to see PD's unique production design with the clarity of current gen graphics.
That, and for it to be available to a load of people who missed out the first time round.

Why not spend $5 on a modchip and just burn discs? It doesn't even require soldering.

Maybe I'll look into that. Sounds like a good plan

which stores?

Any store that sold video games. Again, except Kay-Bee.

I bought that game for 5 dollars at a goodwill a year ago, is it any good? Never been into the Saturn

Fucking prove it.

>5 dollars
YOU BASTARD!

Was that collector clinically retarded?

Attached: 1559399924551.png (662x478, 22K)

do you realize what you are claiming? It's like trying to say a unicorn exists.

It's not bad, the second one is a bit better.

can't be ive never even seen any games sold for it either

Were you looking between 1995 and 1999? After that the only place to find it would be second hand stores.

Eh Zwei had a great soundtrack. Conclusion and Unexpected Enemy are fantastic.

PDO was a much slower game than Zwei.

>Sega lost the source code.

Yea... but so did many other games that have gotten remakes. Didn't stop the companies from remaking it. Sega has in fact announce a remake of Panzer Dragoon Saga for the switch very recently.

gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-remake-of-panzer-dragoon-announced/1100-6467689/

no. he knew exactly what the value was for it (as well as the other stuff he was selling)
but no longer cared to collect stuff anymore so he just wanted to get rid of everything.

Yeah, thats the first game. 2 is getting a remake too. Because Sega never lost the code for those two.

How can you even port software made for the Saturn to modern hardware? The Saturn architecture is radically different to even its contemporaries, how the fuck are you going to make software made for it run nowadays?

>Saturn
>emulation

They usually don't. Most Saturn ports these days are actually the PC versions (or in the case of NiGHTS, they remake they made for PS2).

Lucky you. That's pretty awesome.

Attached: ohboy.png (666x494, 223K)

>because it came out at the end of the saturns lifespan when nobody cared for the system anymore.

That's when I bought a Saturn, new for $60. I then got a bunch of games, old and new, for good prices. ToysRus was selling new games for $40 at the time, so that's what I paid for Saga.

The entire ticket/slip thing for Saga was full, to. Had I known what would happen later, I could have bought 5 copies of this at the time. Fuck that would have been awesome.. oh well.

Attached: rekt.jpg (1196x976, 890K)

>Panzer Dragoon remake is Switch only
>a series that was never even on a Nintendo platform

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

Attached: 1476858149165.jpg (600x456, 29K)

Its not exclusive. But apparently Sega only revealed that secretly later during E3.