Removed pokemon is good. "Every pokemon is someone's favorite" is not an argument...

Removed pokemon is good. "Every pokemon is someone's favorite" is not an argument. "Gotta catch 'em all" is not an argument.

Attached: 1554627073194.png (1440x789, 1.32M)

Other urls found in this thread:

serebii.net/swordshield/galarpokedex.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=ABPd7vwocuY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sweet I get to fill out my bingo card early today.

>Swallowing mercury is good. "It's poisonous" is not an argument. "I'm dying" is not an argument.

what kind of autistic comparison is this

>Removed pokemon is good.
Name a single reason why.

meta

>"Gotta catch 'em all" is not an argument.
It literally is.

If they cared about the meta they can just ban Pokemon outside of the regional dex online. Not an argument.

>yet leaving gengar and togekiss in
You tards aren't even trying anymore.

It depends. The only good Pokemon are from gen 1 and 2 so as long as those are all kept in then I don't care. inb4 'kantooo' - not an argument.

>removed
no first instance of a new gen has a complete pokedex, that fake outrage comes from people who only played oras and maybe usum.

Something just as cancerous as lando T will emerge 100%, games like these can't have a healthy meta if there's pvp.

too much pokemon make my brain hurty too messy wahh no more no more me want little, small and simple, make my brain feel good :]]]

>UU pokemon
>meta

>t. never played pokemon or knows even the most basic shit about it
It's been never easier to spot you tards.

They were still in the game. For those that you couldn't catch, you could transfer. And for those you couldn't do either you could still hack into the game

Now you can't do any of the above. And when gen 9 comes out then you'll again have to start over since gen 8 pokemon may not make the cut. Its stupid and renders Home completely pointless

>still no counter argument, just ad hominem

Attached: 1545881683007.png (329x325, 59K)

never a priority to game freak
try again

Nigga, without Zapdos to fuck Togekiss up it'll be in every fucking team. Gengar was in OU before genV came out with hard counters, with them missing he'll become the old cancer. You fucktard know fucking nothing about the game, let alone the meta. Just fucking piss off retard.

Attached: dumb and stupid.png (229x286, 127K)

>"I'm dying" is not an argument
kek'd

Attached: JPEG_20181005_012147.jpg (1024x575, 162K)

removed literally means not in the game. You can't transfer any Pokemon that's not in the regional dex.

Why is removing pokemon bad though? I get that people have their favorite pokemon and want them back but iif a game had ALL pokemon ever made wouldn't the game just feel bloated as fuck with alot of pokemon having similar stats, many being irrelevant and people getting pissed at not finding a certain pokemon in the wild because of how huge the dice roll would be?

Attached: 17929ECA-4415-4094-BF72-2B38866A9874-2129-0000055C277A5E26.jpg (528x352, 39K)

>metagame in a game where everyone can win a tourney if they’re lucky enough

>he doesn't collect a living dex

i'm not autistic, yeah.

I don't need to capture 800 pokemon to fill the pokedex.

one word, six replies.
This guy knows what's up

Based. also sage

>every pokemon in the game means they must be capturable in the wild

Attached: 1559039099523.png (251x201, 8K)

>people have their favorite pokemon and want them back
you literally answered your own question

>people getting pissed at not finding a certain pokemon in the wild because of how huge the dice roll would be?

>in the wild

People are not talking about catching them

Pokemon has never been balanced a day in its goddamn life

Haha stupid frog poster.

They already let you complete the Pokedex in SM without needing all 800+ Pokemon but they still let you transfer the other Pokemon anyway. Not an argument.

>the series named pokémon is, in fact, famous because you can catch pokémon
>remove almost all pokémon
>people are angry now
Gee i wonder why

The game's already a complete bloated mess. Game Freak will never be able to even ATTEMPT to have anything resembling game design with how much of a fucking disgusting bloated corpse their series has become. People are mad because pokemon fans dont see pokemon as a game, they see it as software like Microsoft Word or something and every new version is just a software update. Its why people never made this much of an uproar when Gamefreak stopped adding actual meaningful content to their game, because they dont play the game, the only part of the game they care about is whats in their box. Now I dont want to defend this decision too hard, but if we do end up getting actual side content in this game, It'll be obvious to me that the fucked up state of the monster side of the franchise might have been a contributing factor and I'd defend them keeping it limited to a smaller focused amount of ~500 pokemon per game till the end of time.

meta shift will still make them irrelevant, nobody consistently used togekiss and gengar anyway

>removed almost all
source? didn't know you were a time traveler

They can still use their pokemon in the older games though. They arent taking them away from you. I dont get mad that I can't fight Sif in Dark Souls 3, or use the Samus HBG in Monster Hunter World.

If you like pokemon you have autism by default.

"Gotta catch 'em all" has been the thesis of the entire series. To betray that represents a huge shift in focus for the games. It could be fine if the rest of the game proved to be head-and-shoulders above what we've had. But is that really what's going on here? No. This is just another handheld title with different features removed and added just to make the game seem fresh. It's been the same bullshit since Gen III.

You can't remove content that was never in the game to begin with.

I don't like pokemon

You couldn't do a more retarded comparison if you tried.

>now it's a meta "shift"
Keep going, let's see what willll be your next excuse to keep on sucking masudas dick when gen6+7 prove you already wrong with that.

Attached: 100%.jpg (767x431, 41K)

catch them all in the game they're available

is pretty good reason if they want to sell another pokebank service along with new games.

>he's still taking obvious bait
Have sex, retard

i would agree with that if they were making monster hunter world level of improvements but it is the same fucking 3ds game

>if they want to sell another pokebank service
that's pretty fucking jewish considering they already sold one 6 years ago

Why did it take 7+ iterations to finally recognize the issues that come with adding 100 pokemon each game?
If none of the preexistant Galar region pokemon get significant updates to their stats, why even bother claiming "focus on balance" is a reason?

>gets btfo so hard he has to resort to pedo tranny memes
You're not doing yourself a favor.

Attached: retard approves.jpg (720x416, 171K)

>remove content
>still charge full price

The only reason they do it is because they know they can get away with it.

Attached: 1527866906321.png (1007x838, 502K)

silence shill

I'm not the same guy, stupid.

its actually more expensive

>he really keeps on going.

Attached: seriously....gif (200x150, 1.65M)

Is this like a knee jerk reaction to people going "wait a minute all the Sun Moon Pokemon are slow as shit" and not using them?

its actually less expensive

Attached: excuses.png (808x1300, 209K)

So cut content is good for you? Yikes
Next gen probably will become a glorified visual novel and you will be happy about it, isnt it?

Why do you keep going tho

They've allowed us to transfer Pokemon from the GBA to every single subsequent release for 15 years. Why continue to make new Pokemon if you are just going to discard the old ones?

Attached: IMG_20171125_121714.jpg (1960x1932, 574K)

>he doesn't know megas are gone
lol

Why does this look 3D?

That's not the same thing as not facing them in the wild or having some stupid ass gen 3 fag with his meta pokemon using them online against me.

Because Pokemon is a game about autistically collecting monsters, and always has been, and when you interfere with people’s ability to complete their collection, you set off a spark in the part of the human brain that FUCKING HATES not being able to finish a collection.

>someone was autistic enough to make this about a kid's game

>tfw can never travel to sinnoh with my bro golurk

Attached: 1533299702990.jpg (1024x1024, 128K)

So now that Pokemon will never have all Pokemon in them ever again, what does Pokemon offer that other monster collecting jrpgs don't?

NO
EXCUSES

Attached: thegamesaresecondary.png (831x185, 11K)

>he can't follow a simple reply chain
kek

Then they can ban non-regional Pokemon online. Not an argument.

why do you keep taking obvious bait

Spbp

I’m happy about the retcons but that’s because I want the franchise to burn to the ground

>in the wild
They don’t exist in the game code AT ALL, they cannot be transferred in or traded.

I guess I somehow missed when megas were introduced in gen4 and 5.

>old Pokemon games on DS and 3DS were $40 since they were handheld games
>SwSh will be $60 since it's now a console game
>it's looking to be even worse than XY, ORAS, and USUM

Attached: cynthia is done.jpg (500x590, 31K)

Why do you keep defending your drivel that gets immediately exposed? Not the same guy btw.

good

Consume Product.
Do not Question.
Be excited for next Product.

Why?

People keep talking about how Gamefreak will balance the games when they created the abomination that is Mega Rayquaza. A Pokémon banned from UBERS.

Attached: main-qimg-43fe501ce39919fe6d32f3b7f7751f6c.png (602x367, 69K)

How about "slippery slope"?

Makes space for new pokemon.

Here's why.

I know alot of you pokemon fans who buy the game every year will disagree with this but.

Each game should focus on that generations pokemon, no zigzagoon or pikachu in the beginning of the game for the 100th time.

Attached: 1499139101059.jpg (436x425, 36K)

this

Black and White did this, only bringing back old Pokemon in the postgame. Nobody was particularly mad about that.

Has nothing to do with not having every pokemon in the game.

Gen 5 did that. This gen certainly doesn't since you have Pokémon from other generations.

You’re the reason nintendo keeps making unfinished games like Kirby star allies and Smash ultimate

Main reason

Gachas

gengar lost shadow tag in gen 7, without shadow tag and without mega evolution he won't be nearly as oppressive

Would you forgive GameFreak if you could battle, trade, (super)train and pokemon-amie in Pokemon Home?

That's what I liked alot about B/W, focused just on the new pokemon. It was fresh. Problem was I don't want them in post game at all. Maybe add a little icon and picture of the past pokemon in the national nex.
But it should be focused on just this gens pokemon.
I mean did anyone see that webm of all those seagulls? It looked out of place and dumb.

I'd rather have 150 new pokemon than 70 new and 100s of old.

Does Sage even work anymore? There's no email field.

see

Not going to say anything about the fact that old Pokémon are still going to be the majority, aren't we?

>I don't want them in post game at all.
Why?

literally introduce game modes with more restrictions when playing online, and maybe - JUST MAYBE - a mode that actually allows 6 pokemon to be used in single battles??? you know, so you can benefit from having a full team?

A lot of them look like shit and should be forgotten

That's why I said remove them

Maybe it's time to reboot Pokemon.

"improved animations" is not an argument when all the animations from X/Y, S/M and LGP/E have been copypasted aswell as their battle stances. "improved graphical fidelity" is not an argument since the 3ds used models were used in LGP/E and they suffice.
The game sometimes looks worse than a Wii game (Skyward sword looks better, same for Mario Kart Wii) and sometimes uses textures that were used in N64 days (every tree).
"60 bucks" pricetag is not a valid pricepoint when the 3ds games had, ironically enough, much higher standards of quality and only costed you 40 bucks

I will never understand corporate bootlickers. Are they just doing it because its contrarian?

Attached: 1509950801110.png (379x364, 57K)

>meta
>been broken since introduction/Gen 1
>every gimmick they have introduced since Gen 5 breaks it even more.
>Pokemon Let's Go's meta
OH NONONO AHAHAHA

mega evolution was cancer and I'm glad they're finally removing it

Be real with me Yea Forums does anybody actually try and "catch 'en all"?

>The meta will be better with significantly less diversity
You're fucking stupid.

All it will do is restrict what you can use in every tier. Remember the horrible metas for Gen I and II, when there were only a couple dozen viable Pokemon, at best? Rhydon/Golem and Zapdos on every single RBY team, SkarmBliss on every single GSC team, yeah, get ready for that shit again.

>Gamefreak caring about meta
>still leaving in Gengar, Togekiss, Weavile, Snorlax, and Tyranitar

Yes. Tons of people.

Once you have a living dex it’s not an especially tall order, since you only have to expand the living dex by the amount of mons added in a given generation.

Bad programming is a great argument though

thats how it usualy is. However, after Im done with the main adventure and became the champion, I want to do all the optional battle shit with a mix of old favourites and new favourites.

Subjective. Not an argument.

Based

You aren't allowed to attack a small indie company like Gamefreak, just find new favorite Pokémon you like in every game and shut up.

>no first instance of a new gen has a complete pokedex
You're fucking retarded, holy shit. That's not the problem, we won't be able to transfer anything until "early 2020" anyway because that's when Home launches.

Every single Pokemon game has had all the Pokemon coded into the games even if you were unable to actually catch them until a late date. They were still all in the games. For example, when I was 13, I was fucking pissed RS were missing 100+ Pokemon, so I used my Gameshark to cheat the ones I wanted into the game. And I could do that because the files for them were still there in the games.

Sword and Shield will NOT have every Pokemon coded into the games, you flat-out cannot obtain them ever because the assets and files and whatnot for them are not in the fucking game. THIS is what people are pissed about, the games will literally not have all the Pokemon, ever.

Attached: 4e2d838beddc6c698b002c8b.jpg (367x332, 22K)

>Things aren't an argument because i say so
Well, I guess you win then.

>*dominates your VGC*

Attached: 250px-130Gyarados.png (250x250, 59K)

>Greatest franchise in the world
>Led by a small indie company

The only good Pokémon you’ve named is tyranitar dude

Gen 5 did that but it didn't bar you from transferring your old Pokemon in.

pokemon is big because of merchandise, not the games see

The damage is done and cannot be reversed, cope.

>playing pokemon online

>arguing with casual normalfags

>he's right and i dont like it :(
lmao@u

I would agree that it was ultimately good if it resulted in substantial changes or improvements in other areas of the game. But what we're getting looks like the same low effort 2.5D rehash we all know and expect but with less pokemon, it doesn't look like they provided anything in trade for that cut. That's what bothers me.

>It's a game about monster catching and monster battling. Removing pokemon is removing content.
>Everyone is someone's favorite. You only anger and disappoint by removing pokemon.
>It's indicative of the lazy path GF keeps going down. If it's too hard to add back all the old pokemon, what's next? Too hard to add a new region? Too hard to add new mechanics?
>The models and animations are already done, all they have to do is copy and paste them in. They don't need to be in the wild, they just need to be able to be transferred. Heck, don't let non Galar pokemon Dynamax so you don't even need to make new Dynamax models, if that's the big complaint, just let them at least be transferred in.
>It unbalances the game. As much as people like to think the game has plenty of options, there really are only a few key counters and checks to certain strategies and certain pokemon. More pokemon means more options. Imagine if the only Drought Pokemon was Nintetails (possible now that Mega Charizard is gone, and no word on Torkoal); this means if you want to run a Sunny Day team, your choices are limited.
Pick one.

I miss Pokéwood and the Pokéathlon. Fuck removing nice mechanics with every release.

Attached: mechatyranitar.png (256x192, 75K)

>nobody was mad
Nigga gen5 is the most hated gen among normalfags.

It is an argument
>pokemon looks like shit
>most people don't give a shit about said pokemon
>people only keep said shit pokemon to complete their pokedex
Is your game really ruined because fucking stunkfish isn't in it?

Attached: Stunfisk.jpg (515x298, 13K)

Criticism is needed for them to improved, however they will not do because they are lazy.

Now take the first sentence of the greentext out then it is perfect.

>Each game should focus on that generations pokemon, no zigzagoon or pikachu in the beginning of the game for the 100th time.
No one is complaining about this you fucking idiot, lots of the games have restricted use of old Pokemon until postgame or only had some obtainable during the story, people are fine with that. I loved Black and White for only having new Pokemon available during the story.

What we're not fucking fine with is this
I want to be able to obtain every Pokemon, I want to have all of them so when I'm breeding and building teams I have access to every Pokemon.

Its going to completely fuck the meta, we'll need a separate meta for every fucking individual pair of games now because they'll all have different sets of Pokemon. If you want to keep playing online you'll HAVE to buy the new games, because guess what, the Pokemon in SwSh aren't going to be in the next game, so you can't just use SwSh to play with people playing the new games like you could with every previous generation. I could still play online with XY and play with people using ORAS, won't be the case with SwSh and the next game.

improve

>$17 billion from games
>small indie company
NO EXCUSES

>indefinitely removing what made Pokemon different is a good thing
you fags will find any excuse to farm responses

>won't be the case with SwSh and the next game.

good.

>I want to have to buy a new $60 game every year

Hang yourself, no one will miss you.

options

>2019
>not smoking cigarettes
Are you retarded, bullied in school, or both?
>b-but it kills you
And? Was life a contest of living the longest?
>b-but it’s addicting!!
It’s not with moderation, like everything else
>b-but it’s expensive!!!!
Who forces you to buy two packs a day, you fucking peat gavel?

Reducing quantity is bad when you present quality as the reason for it, and don't deliver on that front in the slightest

Not a single overcentralizing cancer is gonna get kicked and you full know that

I don't have anything against not shoving every single Pokemon into the game proper, but not even being able to bring the missing mons into the game is ridiculous.

Gotta catch some of em!

New gen

All new pokemon

All new meta

All new areas

No old pokemon

Fuck your old pokemon. Want them? Go play the old games.

>All new pokemon
>All new meta
>No old pokemon
Retard. Stupid fucking retard.

Black and White did this and I had the most fun playing them, not relying on the same team every time

Sorry I guess you're right

The games help selling them tough. Whenever they manage to hit gold again, like with Piplup, the games and the show help to expose them to the masses.

>is good
That's not an argument

can we take a moment to soak in this post?

Attached: 1559394648926.png (800x800, 828K)

t. Knows nothing about competitive pokemon

When transitioning between generations starting in gen 6, pokemon were given a marker in their summary if they were transferred from a previous game. This marker prevented them from being used in ranked gameplay, thus the only way to use certain pokemon in ranked was to wait for gamefreak to distribute pokemon or raise entirely new ones until injecting technology developed.

Removing pokemon from the game does nothing to balance it beyond what could already be accomplished. If gamefreak doesnt want people to use certain pokemon, like the genies, all they have to do is not distribute them via mystery gift, restricting their competitive usage.

I want 3 on 3 and rotation battles back.

see

I want Wonder Launcher back. It never got a chance to shine, it never even got its own ladder on shoddy/showdown.

No one would mind that as long as you can still use any pokemon not in the regional dex during post game.
BW blocked you until you unlocked the ability to get non unovan pokemon, but it still allowed you compared to this

BW did NOT do this you fucking moron.

BW had all the Pokemon coded into the game and you could get all of them postgame.

SwSh will NOT have every Pokemon coded into the games, you will never be able to obtain anything that isn't in the Galar regional Dex, ever.

And that's how it should be.

>$60 is less than $30

No

Umm a based one?

Black and White did not do this at all.

Black and White added 149 NEW pokemon for the regional dex, then allowed the ENTIRE national dex for the postgame.

Sword and Shield are using a shitload of OLD mons for the regional dex, and allowing NOTHING new for the postgame. It’s the exact fucking opposite of Gen 5.

>FOOD ANALOGY

Attached: 1453094968430.png (582x630, 312K)

Why not just have them in the game, and you can not transfer any pokemon up, and people that want to can? It's a feature that doesn't hurt you.

Someone post the webm of the hovering bird pokemon that don't even flap their wings.

>less content is a good thing

>what is a gym badge
Have you ever played a pokemon game?

then arrest yourself.

Someone also post the apologies bingos.

true, but only because of
>I CAN'T PLAY WITH MUH CHARIZARD

that's why you got a kanto-starter early in the following gen, plus 2 megas for 'zard

>mercury
>food
user...

>Poor graphics are good. "It's a 8th gen. Pokemon game" is not an argument. "Comparing it to Xenoblade and Dragon Quest" is not an argument.

Attached: Chespin.png (213x154, 59K)

This only applies to VGC, not Battle Spot.

Adding all the old pokemon is literally adding bloat to the game.

I didn't buy a new pokemon game to use reused content old pokemon.

You might like catching pikachu for the 100th time in the beginning and then seeing a magikarp but I don't I want new pokemon in the new game only.

Want the old pokemon? Play the old games.

Attached: anti.png (1000x839, 1.52M)

Now hold on user I wouldn't consider mercury food

They are going to announce the full roster of Pokemon as "DLC" to be released several months after the game comes out, it's going to be just the X/Y models ported into the game with no changes, and Pokefaggots are going to literally cry tears of joy as if this fixes everything wrong with their game and series. Screencap this post.

Attached: 1340114361836.png (560x406, 13K)

I'm going to arrest Masuda for laziness and you for defending him.

Is there more than this one?

Attached: apologistbingo.jpg (756x960, 124K)

When I play a new pokemon game I use new pokemon exclusively until I beat the elite four, then I go through and complete the national pokedex. That's not bloat, that's postgame content, and with how little postgame content XY, ORAS, SM, and USUM had you should be asking for more content, not less.

it's only available in the postgame you retard
have you ever finished a pokemon game?
there's no reason not to do it
it's pure laziness on GF's part

So you must be pissed about Sword and Shield recycling so many Pokemon for its extremely limited regional dex, then.

>reusing old content is not bloat
>it's postgame content

good lord.

see >I want new pokemon in the new game only.

The slogan of the series isn't an argument? If "gotta catch em all" doesn't apply, then why should "Pokemon"? Would you be fine with them removing all pokemon and making it a walking simulator? Why have the things that make it pokemon if nothing matters?

>implying they aren't trying to balance around their own sanctioned tournaments

see

This goes against my narrative, so I think I'm going to ignore it, sorry.

Yes

Attached: 1560427801377.png (709x1283, 304K)

They never cared about the meta and if they did they would of made more of an attempt during each gen. And they would stop making pure fucking grass types that end up having no movepool outside of sleep powder shenanigans.Its just their newest excuse to cover up their incompetence. There is no excuse to remove pokemon and people only like it because it makes others mad.

Yeah I get it you've already posted that same website twice. What' part of all new Pokemon do you not understand?

It's you faggots who are complaining the reason why we still have old pokemon in the new game.

It's actually not complaining about graphics for games is retarded if the aesthetic is decent which Pokemon's is.

Do you seriously not understand what’s going on? Do you think Sword and Shield doesn’t have shitloads of recycled mons (including almost all of the “fan favorites” we’ve seen a billion times in every game ever in the franchise)? Do you not understand that you will encounter wild Pikachu AGAIN in the first forest route of the game, and Magikarp AGAIN when you first get a fishing rod?

Attached: quality animation fly.webm (672x378, 2.38M)

>All new pokemon
nope.
>All new meta
nope
>All new areas
Not even released yet.
>No old pokemon
Charizard

have sex

Attached: quality animation wild pokemon.webm (640x360, 1.24M)

powerful characters:(you)s ratio on this one

That image just proves that the video games still make an absolutely colossal amount of money on their own.

>Competitive Pokemon bad!
I don't see how this bothers you if you just play the game, how dare people have fun

Attached: Brainlet3.jpg (1000x988, 65K)

>implying he can't evade arrest as easily as he can nickel and dime you

Attached: he can't keep getting away with it.gif (480x266, 2.52M)

Thank you so much.

>RETARD
also with a dumb anime girl picture for 2x retard

>It's you faggots who are complaining the reason why we still have old pokemon in the new game.
see

>all new pokemon
>know more of the old ones that get reused then actual new ones

Attached: pffffffffffffffft.gif (245x245, 999K)

>Every pokemon is someone's favorite" is not an argument
Correct, they still exist. No one will steal your shit to delete your save data.

>Everyone uses the same op teams
>There is no varieties since they will tend to get bodied online by said op teams
Just play the game and get stomped online, it's fun

Pokémon games losing content as they get more expensive is horseshit, no matter how you look at it. Imagine spending $60 plus a $20 online sub (plus $50 if you want Mew) for this.

This won't happen, but would you prefer going back to sprites if it meant getting all pokémon in the games? I know I would, I for one loved gen 5 sprites.

>they say you're the bad goy.

Attached: 8999999999999999y2u2u2y2uiy.gif (500x222, 2.66M)

>Mercury is food

t. Gengar who wants people to swallow mercury and die so he can have ghost friends in the afterlife.

Attached: 118935800697832e2d12491adf1b2646294d5a6204b016f40378ba3de4be5a35_1.jpg (320x297, 29K)

>transfer pokemon to home
>pokemon isn't available in SwSh
>can't transfer back to bank
>have to keep paying subscription fee to keep Home account open

If I send over my Pokémon to Home and stop paying for the service, they will just like with Pokémon bank.
>If you run out of membership, and do not take your Pokémon out of your Bank, they will be sweeped (deleted) out of the server and will disappear forever.
The difference is that if you transfer a Pokémon from gens 6 and 7, you can't bring them back.

No

Have you ever tried getting good? Obviously going into the legendaries section online with your shitty Delibird it's going to be stomped on

>Mega Evolution is out

Even more reason not to get this game. The only reason I see myself getting this game for is the Water starter.

>Pokemon won't go to this region because of the climate
>but were totally fine with snowy mountain peaks, deserts, volcanos, ash covered fields, under the fucking ocean, the distortion world, worm holes and alternate dimensions

Attached: 1560473624676.jpg (704x528, 47K)

This.

>transfer mons out of Alola
>can’t take them to Galar
>can’t send them back to Alola
>have to pay a subscription fee to not even play with them, indefinitely, until Masuda HOPEFULLY decides to let them be in some new region’s Pokedex years from now
PREASE UNDERSTAND

Every game in the series is now going to have Smash-tier roster faggotry

>pay 20% more for less content
>plus Pokemon Bank monthly sub + Pokemon Home monthly sub
>Plus Pokeball Plus pay for Pokemon gimmick
I don't think there are actual humans on this site defending this.

>Correct, they still exist.

Not in SwSh, because THE FILES AREN'T IN THE GODDAMNED GAMES

How many times does this need to be explained to you

>Pokeathlon
As much as I enjoyed it, you have to realise how ridiculous it would be to bring every mechanic or side content like that back consistently.

They couldn't literally just port the exact assets for Pokewood, especially not at this point, so they'd need to remake the assets for each new visual style each generation repeatedly. Now imagine them also doing that for Contests, Musicals, Pokewood, etc. Couple that with the ever increasing number of Pokemon, and surely you can see how that would (and is) inevitably going to become too much.

And for the hundredth time, no, they can't "just hire a thousand people cause they have the money". That's not how game development works. You can't just hire an infinite number of people and expect them all be trained to a good standard and be able to work in the same way as before.

They didn't remove Pokewood. It's a unique set of assets made for a specific game. It's still in that game. Nintendo didn't remove Bob-Omb Battlefield from Super Mario Sunshine just because you can't go there in that game. Bob-Omb Battlefield is a Super Mario 64 level, it was never made for Sunshine. Same thing.

Attached: 1488787808552.png (1000x1000, 497K)

>Assuming it's about ''getting good''
>Assuming people are too dumb to do that
>Assuming Delibird is returning

>"Gotta catch 'em all" is not an argument.
Say that on /vp/ and lets see how well that goes

Attached: you need to go back.jpg (532x398, 67K)

>Inb4 Durr Sun and Moon didn't have all pokeymans either

>wait till they are 40 like lgpe
>don‘t pay because you don‘t need them
>don‘t pay because you don‘t need them
I know it‘s called not beeing a retard, you should try it too.

Since 150 slots are already filled with KANTOO what are the remaining 150 mons to be added? We can exclude insects that are similar to the new grass mon, we have to exclude Honchcrow since he would be too cool to hang around CorviknightFuck is hurts typing this , Ampharos line is out of the picture, and there will be no dogs so that we can promote the corgi.

He's saying the Pokemon can still exist in older games or in Home.

Whatever excuse they're using is just to cover that they didn't want to put in the time and resources to make decent models of the whole pokedex. No Kingler, no buy.

Or any other site. Go look at literally any Pokémon community and everyone is mad as fuck.

>Not in SwSh
So? Because you can't transfer data over, that invalidates all past games? I'll have to quit Mario, because I don't have my 120 stars in Odyssey.

>nowhere said to habe a fee for home
>haha you need to pay for home subscription fee
????????

Sucks for shitmons who benefited but Z-moves are even weirder.
Got shilled hard for 3 years in media (so they're fresh) and in the games, but don't even get an extra gen of use once dumped for the next gimmick. Even megas got to be usable/obtainable in SM despite being pushed to the wayside.
Wild area's even fucking varied as fuck too

>provides no arguments
>says two opposing arguments are not arguments, but not why
Bravo, now fuck off to your containment board.

BOY DO I LOVE LESS COTNENT
PLEASE GAMEFREAK TAKE MORE
I'LL PAY $60 FOR AN EMPTY CASE

>they didn't want to put in the time and resources to make decent models of the whole pokedex.
THEY ALREADY HAVE THE MODELS. It’s all just copy-pasted assets from X/Y and/or SuMo. None of the models in SwSh is new, except for the actual new mons.

People are just assuming such since it seems to be similar to Bank in general concept.
Really we just got to wait until it's described more/up and running to see if it's going to scam you

It's funny because you kniw damn well that there's going to be at least one Ice type that isn't in SwSh.

i like how you just said that you are a retard.
seeing as you are defending it, you confirmed it.

/thread

They're arguments whether you like it or not, OP.

My argument is, they have enough money to make it work, literally no excuse. GIVE ME ONE GOOD FUCKING EXCUSE I ACTUALLY FUCKING BEG YOU TO GIVE ME A SINGLE GENUINE REASON PLEASE SHOW ME!

Attached: 1560191668690.png (252x253, 137K)

You’re absolutely going to have to pay for Home. Why would they give it away for free when corporate dicksuckers will happily pay? Anyone retarded enough to drop cash on SwSh is retarded enough to subscribe to Pokemon Home.

I hate every part of their decision as much as everybody but how about this:What if they add battling and trading to Home as a side content thing?

Every gen had removed pokemon from the national dex but it still gave you the OPTION to transfer them to the national dex, this was postgame content and didn't affect the gameplay experience unless you're a competitivefag (the literal minority of the franchise).

So tell me GFshill, how exactly is having less options in the game good and justifiable?

Attached: 201nc00ew4031.jpg (558x767, 82K)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING Yea Forums! In a matter of 2 or so months, Excadrill(Yeah, THE Excadrill from Pokemon Black and White) will be announced for the Pokemon Sword and Shield National Dex Expansion Pass!

Attached: 1200px-530Excadrill.png (1200x1200, 505K)

The excuse is that millions will buy Masuda's shit on a plate

good moOOOOOOORNING Yea Forums! Just wanted to remind you that we’re another day closer to Stantler (yes, THE Stantler from Pokémon Gold and Silver) getting confirmed in Sword and Shield! Make sure to save your tears for the upcoming Pokémon Direct when Stantler walks into the spotlight!

>b-but Stoutland has traits of Scottish terriers! He’s gotta be in! “No!”

Sorry Stoutland fags, but the normal shitmon rep is taken by yours truly! Why would Nintendo choose a nuPokémon over the marketing potential of the second most selling game of the series? The fanservice Pokémon have also been confirmed to be “surprising” according to the developers, so I’m afraid your years of crying for Stoutland are going to be subverted once again with the reveal of our favorite under"dog"! But feel free to continue your denial. Your tears of disappointment will be all the more sweeter!

Attached: season03_ep20_ss01.jpg (578x327, 49K)

This game is going to ugly as shit then. They should have just not even bothered.

Oh God this is where we are going with this, aren't we? I don't want this future. Can't somebody just silence Matsuda?

This, it's completely impossible for Game Freak or smogon to ban specific pokemon, they have to delete them from the game to do that
This too, we can only have a regional dex by deleting every pokemon that isn't part of it
So glad garbage like Nidoking and Garchomp are being cut to make room for Garbodor and Vanilluxe. Based gamefreak

Well, trading is in.

If, IF, they add
>battling
>pokemon-amie
>super-training and/or other minigame content to EV, IV, level and teach moves to my mons
>a complete, thorough National Pokedex with all the entries and assets for all existing mons

Then I’ll forgive the new decision, because it means I can do all the “post-game content” stuff from the Home app. So the new games just become about catching new mons and playing through the story. Home will become a reason to not BOTHER transferring mons between games, even if I can.

But they won’t do that.

>Pokemon turns into Smash Bros
>over 1000+ pokemon
I can't wait for the shit posting.

So... make it a Pokemon game?

>it's completely impossible for Game Freak or smogon to ban specific pokemon
LOL
Implement a rule in ranked online or VGC that prevents pokemon from outside the regional dex to be used in teams, this all with the compromise that they'll actually put effort into balancing the pokemon choice in the regional dex so there's actual balance in there.
Simple and easy change, even a newbie programer could have implemented it.

user, please, read the rest of this post.

I really wish this discussion wasn't bathed in sarcasm and people insisting anyone who disagrees with them is the worst kind of human being, as well as the fact half the posts that are defending GF do so purposefully badly to piss people off, like OP, and you dumbasses actually fall for it.

He was being sarcastic you dumbass fuck. You explained to him something he already knows. Learn context. Jesus fucking christ.

>splitting a full Pokemon game between a half baked $60 console game and a fucking mobile app

Attached: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.giantbomb.com%2Fuploads%2Foriginal%2F21%2F213175%2F2653862-5745018133-2315.. (432x432, 106K)

It will be ugly as shit, but that won’t be the reason, the XY models (and SuMo models for that gen’s new mons) are RETARDEDLY hi-poly specifically as a way of futureproofing the games.

Someone post the side-by-side of SuMo on the 3DS and on emulator; it’s honestly incredible how much absolutely pointless fidelity was added to all the models and textures of that game, for no reason other than to avoid this exact scenario (re-adding old mons is a huge waste of labor every gen).

It's the fucking slogan of the entire series.

>a game about collecting pokemon equals stars in mario
The reaching has reached new retarded lows.

>brought it back in gen 7
>completely ucking ignored it on gen 8
PLEASE UNDERSTAND

Do you think normalfags would actually be upset enough to just downvote future Pokemon Sword and Shield vids like how they did to the treehouse vid?
It's funny how the most vocally shat on designs get into this game while they talk about how they tried hard to make sure that the representation in SS is fair.

Two completely different game genres

Attached: _Lain.jpg (400x400, 46K)

I know
They've been doing this for the last 6 years

Attached: smug.jpg (500x475, 57K)

>thinks Mercury is food
I wonder who could be behind this post

Attached: Romani_ite_domun_HER_Museum_6_July_2018.jpg (3072x2304, 1.75M)

>mercury
>food

I swear you can't make thi up

Attached: 108_1.jpg (1280x720, 193K)

>Do you think normalfags would actually have a memory span about something they don't give a shit about
no

this

Explain

I honestly dont see the issue, they're trying something different for once and it's not objectively better or worse just different
are pokefags really so autistic that changing up the formula sets them off this drastically?

Yeah, I've been complaining about GF and Pokemon for years. This is the one fucking thing that I actually think is good (because there's way too many fucking Pokemon these days) that the fanbase hates.

Attached: 1418883398174.jpg (333x337, 21K)

I wish they could cull huge numbers of shitmons so that all of the remaining could get the care pokemon LGPE gave them with overworld following/riding animations.

They're already doing a fine job doing that

Attached: _DeathOfPokemon2.png (1322x1096, 1.76M)

That is the more acceptable kind of stupid. At this point they are really making us just have to take the lesser evil.

>have over 700 future proofed models and animations since 2013
>made the game run like molasses covered in shit
>most profitable franchise in the world
please understand Game Freak small company.

They have never once tried to balence the game ever and cutting mons wont help its just an excuse to be lazy

Attached: 1560312996608.png (2838x400, 359K)

>if a game had ALL pokemon ever made
you mean like every main series game already did until now?

If every Mario game for the last 20 years had included all the content from the previous games, and then Odyssey broke with that tradition, while also trying to sell you a “past star online storage service”, you’d have a bit more of a point.

>they're trying something different for once
no they're not
this happened before with gen 3
they also tried a game with an entirely new regional dex with gen 5

Attached: 7848678687.png (469x321, 153K)

All the Pokémon have had following animations since gen 6.
youtube.com/watch?v=ABPd7vwocuY

so what's the issue besides "change is scary"?
>I don't get to use x when I could in another game
why is that a bad thing, the vast majority of video game franchises dont allow you to play the exact same way over and over again in every single sequel
even if it isnt the intent, an artificial meta that only consists of a portion of the overall mons is new and frankly interesting enough to grab my attention

>no they're not
there has never been a point where gf stated that pokemon would be completely impossible to use in-game and to expect that to last

If gamefreak cared about meta they'd actually balance stat distribution, move pools, and typings more than once every 10 years.

the last three regional dexes have had 300, 457, and 294 pokemon in them respectively. that means we can reasonably expect somewhere around 300-500 pokemon in swsh. game freak is lazier than ever, so it will probably be closer to 300 than 500.
considering that you will ONLY get to use the pokemon from the national dex from now on, yes, almost all of the pokemon are being removed.

its good that fags cant stack their teams with pokemon theyve already caught in previous games. everyone should have to build their team from the ground up

But user, they said that they're focusing on improving the quality of everything else as a result of this cull

Attached: pop.webm (1280x720, 1.48M)

I did it with Red and Blue, but that's it.

Attached: 1501271345891.jpg (228x280, 17K)

see keeping grasping for excuses

Because Pokemon is a franchise built around two things
>collecting one of literally everything that exists
>bonding with your favorite characters across multiple games

That is the foundation of the entire franchise’s appeal and this completely spits in the face of both.

Those are both completely valid arguments. Not the slogan aspect of the second one, but because it's a concern for many fans, and this series' entire appeal is collecting virtual pets.

Attached: 1804.png (239x258, 2K)

>piss-easy single-player content
>gimmicks that get dropped after one generation (most of them ripped off from other monster-collecting series)
>pitiful stories and characters
>n64 graphics
>game boy animations
>straight line map designs

because it's pure laziness

They made Arcainine look so dumb looking, it's like they really just didn't care about making the 3D models, why does GF have such a massive boner for ruining small details?

black/white did that already WITHOUT removing the national dex, and genwunners sperged out because they couldn't use pikachu and charizard until postgame.

A Pokemon that's not usable in ranked, moron.

stop making this post, retard

Usually it means you can put more focus into polishing the game but they didnt even do that.

Maybe food for you because you're so autistic

>collecting one of literally everything that exists
I played every game on release from gens 1-5 and I never once played with that mindset, sure some people feel that way but that doesn't mean it's a core design philosophy, more of something they could bank on to extend interest while taking no effort on their part

>bonding with your favorite characters across multiple games
its as much about this as it is about finding new favorites to bond with, and not including every previous pokemon promotes that

gf has made a countless number of other decisions that objectively lowered the quality of their games based on pure laziness before
this doesn't objectively lower the quality of the game, just makes it different

>so what's the issue besides "change is scary"?
try "change is objectively worse"

>why is that a bad thing
why is that a good thing? Why is less content and less options a good thing? Why is not having THE most basic features that have been available since day 1 a GOOD thing?

an artificial meta that only consists of a portion of the overall mons is new and frankly interesting enough to grab my attention
see

>gets btfo so hard all he can do is one mass reply
Loving every laugh.

stop making the same non-arguments

Counterpoint: I want to collect all the Pokemon and continue battling with the favorites I’ve played with for many years, and if I can’t do that, I’m not buying the game.

>genwunners shitting on megas
Megas at least took some effort to design (visually and mechanically), made some shitmons viable and added depth and variety to the meta. The new gimmick is literally the Pokemon but huge. Like everything else in this game it's just fucking lazy.

Attached: 302Sableye-Mega.png (473x473, 147K)

>this doesn't objectively lower the quality of the game, just makes it different
this a complete non-statement, you could literally say this about anything

>remove breeding
>"it's just different"
>remove shinies
>"it's just different"
>remove ribbons
>"it's just different"
>remove pokemon
>"it's just different"
>remove wild pokemon battles
>"it's just different"
>remove trading
>"it's just different"

Attached: 78467876.png (480x420, 7K)

>so what's the issue besides "change is scary"?
what's the excuse for removing it besides laziness and greed?
>the vast majority of video game franchises dont allow you to play the exact same way over and over again in every single sequel
pokemon isn't other series. they built a $90 billion juggernaut on the consistency of using all your same bros over the years. without that, they have nothing.
>even if it isnt the intent, an artificial meta that only consists of a portion of the overall mons is new and frankly interesting enough to grab my attention
lgpe already did that. the meta was FAR more centralized than usum's meta, with over 90% of players using melmetal.

So you can make a Pokémon who breaks the entire meta, strongest that the canonical god of creation, as long as you make it unusable in ranked? Is that what balance is like?

>>collecting one of literally everything that exists
>sure some people feel that way but that doesn't mean it's a core design philosophy

Attached: retard.png (1600x1067, 217K)

the stupid rabbit would look better without the dumb bandaid.

I don't like having to essentially design a team around a single pokemon, I'd rather shitmons just get evolutions (even if they're at the third stage, just add a 4th stage - fuck it)

>change is objectively worse
you're just wrong, sorry

>why is that a good thing?
never once have I said it's a good thing, it's just different and after 30 years im glad they're doing something different for once

>see
the difference is that when before there was the promise of inevitability "eventually you WILL be able to use all pokemon in this gen legally" now the promise is "you WILL NOT be able to use all pokemon in this gen legally"
that will change the meta, artificially yes, but the meta will change
some strong mons will remain and other weaker ones will become more standard to combat them
its new, thats all I care about

that's fine with me, the game is just different
dont pretend that it's objectively worse because it doesnt appeal to your playstyle

not even the same OP

What the fuck else would you have to balance it for? There's nothing "balanced" about RPG singleplayer, there's a clear progression that's up to you to exploit. It's not usable in ranked or in battle tower clones so it doesn't matter.

So INSTEAD of removing the Pokemon from the pokedex for the sake of "balance" they restricted it's usage in competitive play? Wow! What a concept!

they already did remove wild pokemon battles

Attached: 1551720740984.png (770x544, 815K)

If they want to provide the quality people are asking for, then yearly releases will have to stop. What would 4 years of dev time on a Pokemon game turn into?

Attached: 1559094116240 (1).png (307x471, 295K)

Why would anyone ever care about their past Pokémon? Gamefreak has never acknowledged them, never ever.

Attached: ribbons.png (885x652, 61K)

this

>the meta will change
it's get shuffled for a moment and then stagnate, just like every other new release

>let's get rid of the shitmons...
>and then replace them with EVEN WORSE shitmons!

Attached: 1489252929211.gif (300x168, 726K)

this change doesnt stop you from catching every pokemon available in the game
it stops you from trading pokemons from other sources

you quite literally still can CATCH them all

Attached: file.png (1600x1067, 324K)

I know but it's just different :)

Gengar isn’t as good since he lost levitate and togekiss isn’t an issue at all.

>dont pretend that it's objectively worse because it doesnt appeal to your playstyle
Just play Yokai Watch if you don’t care about Pokemon.

I’ll accept ANY nonsense stupid change GameFreak comes up with, the one and only cardinal rule I cannot tolerate them violating is “removing Pokemon”. This is the most fundamental mistake they could have made.

Good thing Gamefreak has gotten rid of all the ugly shit Pokémon, am I right, fellas?

Attached: impidimp2.jpg (539x286, 26K)

>american education

unironically a good design, just a shit pokemon

You don't. No half-decent competitive team puts all its stock in one mon. The whole point of temporary evolutions was to prevent more fuckugly Rhyperiors and Magmortars that replace the original permanently.

atleast you can admit that you just dont like it and there's nothing objectively wrong about it

Something we already got? Do you genuinely think they had 2 teams working on both Lets go and this? This uses the same engine Go did. They just continued production after Go was done. They literally had a 4 year cycle

>>change is objectively worse
>you're just wrong, sorry
THIS change specifically, is objectively worse

>never once have I said it's a good thing, it's just different and after 30 years im glad they're doing something different for once
what this guy said >the difference is that when before there was the promise of inevitability "eventually you WILL be able to use all pokemon in this gen legally"
>>If gamefreak doesnt want people to use certain pokemon, like the genies, all they have to do is not distribute them via mystery gift, restricting their competitive usage.

>dont pretend that it's objectively worse because it doesnt appeal to your playstyle
It is objectively worse because you could always do that in every previous game. It's is objectively a NET LOSS

Yes? I'm not defending swish. It definitely isn't about balance either, that's an excuse for their laziness/incompetence.

>you quite literally still can CATCH them all
no you can't the word "all" is not an ambiguous word. 'All' means 'All', not 'All (in the Galar region)'

Attached: D8-IGP_WkAYTfjj.png (808x1300, 207K)

Looks like something from Ocarina of Time.

Attached: zelda-ocarina-of-time-21.jpg (640x480, 57K)

cringe

not an argument

am laffin

Attached: 1449805595523.jpg (1194x1359, 198K)

This shit right here. It seems like common sense desu. Imagine if a fighting game like street fighter insisted on adding 60% of the previous games, roster to the previous existing roster and made no attempts to balance it, but simply let it continue for 7 iterstoons. Street fighter would be dead and a laughing stock, but Pokemon gets a pass i guess

I didn't like megas because
>some 1 or 2 stage shitmon lines would have been better off with an actual evolution
>it encourages focus on a single pokémon, something that was actively fought against since gen V xp
Doen't mean I defend this shitshow.

>comparing balancing fighting game characters to RPG characters
brainlet

what happened with piplup?

You say shit like that as if game freak actually cares about balance, or that they did it for that reason.

1. Conjecture. Megas are exceptionally strong because they're balanced around having only one. A Sableye evolution wouldn't be nearly as strong as Mega Sableye. They're also not permanent so you can ignore them if you don't like them, which is especially good for sidegrade megas like Garchomp.
2. No it doesn't. Learn to competitive.

>arguments I don't like don't count because I said so
Not an argument

retard

>gotta catch em all is not an argument
>the series tagline is not an argument
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Is Gardevoir in?

>imagine defending the laziness of the devs of the most successful video game franchise ever
money is not a fucking issue and they can easily hire more code monkeys or underpaid interns

>all these replies for one random oneliner shitpost by a drooling brainlet

God, I have to leave this place for good

Hope Sudaverse gets a stable general on /vg/

Western tagline. The Japanese one is "Pokemon getto da ze," which translates to both "I got a Pokemon" and "Get Pokemon"

>giving me more (you)s

>competitive pokemon
>COMPETITIVE
>POKEMON

Attached: 15098019330.jpg (377x264, 23K)

>a Sableye evolution wouldn't be nearly as strong as Mega Sableye
It wouldn't need to be since I don't need to sacrifice another mega for it. I want an evolution that stands on its own merit
>No it doesn't. Learn to competitive
Obviously not for competitive but that's like 5% of the game for most people
Look, what's done is done, I never wanted them to get rid of megas, it's better than nothing, and certainly better than lolgiants. I was just disappointed they went this way.

Just because they are different genres does not mean I'm wrong. If you really think that Pokemon has ever been remotely as balanced as the worst fighting game you're delusional. This isn't fighting game vs rpg, this is a matter of common sense. You can't increase your roster by 60% every game and expect it to be balanced that's insane

If you really think that Pokemon has ever been concerned about balance you're delusional
If you really think removing Pokemon from the game will somehow balance the game you're retarded
see

>not for competitive
Motherfucker the campaign is 100% braindead, you can play it however you want, mega or not. In single player you don't need to sacrifice megas either, you can give your whole fucking team mega stones and alternate.

>you can play it however you want
Sure I can, but kids most likely won't. I know I wouldn't have, I played the first 2 gens with one single pokémon for the majority of campaign. Enjoyed it much more when I stopped doing that. If you give most kids an OP, easy solution, they'll take it even if they unknowingly spoil their own fun. And yes, call me a faggot but I do care about others enjoying the game.

>I played the first 2 gens with one single pokémon for the majority of campaign
You mean like how 99% of kids play the games since 1996? If anything megas encourage them to use something other than their fucking starter. What an asinine concern.

Who the fuck said i supported the decision, i think the fact that they have to do shows they are incompetent at. Call me anything you want but just don't call me a game freak supporter

To be fair, the leak that' been accurate so far said there's going ot be a megas like version of dynamaxing that changes the pokemon's design, like having the original fat pikachu

>people dont get the obvious joke
how autistic is this board?