Is he the last character to make this game feel "Ultimate"?

Attached: c8087ef4814ea2bb3c940cb0305f2205774e0ad5r1-409-409v2_uhq.jpg (409x409, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aVn1BpnLrXs
youtu.be/QfXng_kD9ZA
tiermaker.com/create/smash-ultimate-dlc-10759
youtube.com/watch?v=4UucbC7EMYA
youtube.com/watch?v=H_iBg3gO9Ck
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=729442469
ign.com/articles/2018/12/07/nintendo-persona-5s-joker-is-emblematic-of-smash-bros-ultimates-dlc-approach
smashboards.com/threads/characters-on-sakurais-poll.71872/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes

seY

nobody cares about geno and i don't even think most japanese give a shit

He, Bomberman, Metal Sonic as an Echo and maybe Klonoa are my only desired reps
I lost hope. If he gets in I'm preparing a giant letter with a million "Thank You" to Nintendo and Sakurai and Square too

No. There are dozens of characters better to add than Geno.

I think he would be a cool and very fun to use character if done right (see: Legacy XP) but I'm not gonna pretend he's some iconic legend among video game characters.

OHNONONOONONONONONONO

No. Fuck Geno, actual meme pick. How some unimportant one-off secondary character from a mario spin off got so much traction is beyond me. It’s like if people were to start demanding that admiral bobbery be in smash

I care, so stfu faggot.

>there are people on this board right now who think he's on the same level as banjo or Dragon Quest

you're all fucking delusional

Imagine thinking Cereal Box bear was a good inclusion

Even if we're considering fan popularity he's nowhere close to Ridley, K. Rool, or Banjo's level. I don't know where this revisionism came from that he's just as requested as them.

Attached: yygDgjb.png (2368x3244, 1.33M)

Well, if they for yet another Square character (probably won't happen), it would be him or Lara Croft I guess.

Imagine square actually going with some literally who from one game twenty years ago over one of the most recognizable, important and iconic female vidya characters ever lmao

He's going to be a mii costume which is good enough. You can pretty faithfully recreate him with mii gunner.

Hey, have you heard about that Mario guy?

Attached: 20190201_135430.jpg (1480x1080, 372K)

or 2B. Or Sephiroth. Or Chrono. Because they're all more popular than Geno lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=aVn1BpnLrXs

Hopefully included with the next update, since Square Enix.

PLS HAPPEN

good job, you out of hundreds of thousands

Yeah probably. They included Tails and Knuckles in the Joker update, and Nintendo still has the rights to use his likeness in Smash judging by the Spirit it seems. Geno's probably coming alongside the Yuusha boys.

the reason people want geno is a mix of people holding out for old nintendo characters, that old fucking kirbopher animation, smrpg having a cult following, and people wanting mario rpg characters outside of their respective games. People feel like Geno would not only be a rep for SMRPG, but M&L and PM for some reason. And I guess i'd be okay with that. He'd be fun to play as, even if he doesn't have much of a personality. And people wanted him to be the bridge between Square and Nintendo. Maybe in some other timeline he was picked instead of Cloud, but we'll never know. I think the best time to include him has passed, but I'm holding out for him. He was even on japanese fanpolls from 1999, Sakurai mentioned him, he's currently probably the longest demanded character in all of Smash. If anything I just want him in to get it over with already.
But yeah. That wasn't biased, that's everything I know. I've had enough of you revisionist bastards.

Attached: 1550010354271.png (700x700, 574K)

2B would be great honestly, doubt it because she's in soul calibur already tho

geno is the worst pick ever

I hope we get the costume back. Since Geno is literally a spirit in the game he's from, it wouldn't be hard to imagine that the mii gunner is just a new body he's possessed.

No there's a lot of others:
Goemon
Spyro
Crash
Lara Croft
Jill Valentine/ Leon Kennedy
Fucking Agumon
All of these are more important then Geno.

still better than bandanna waddle dee

Lara Croft would be an awful pick and i don't see the hype surrounding her at all other than she's attractive and fucks horses and dogs

> Goemon
Literal WHO in the West
> Spyro
Literal who in Japan
> Crash
Snoy shit
> RE
Too many Capcom characters, Jill is too sexy
> Agumon
Fuck off Gaizen

>Literal WHO in the west
Dragon Quest Heros
>Literal WHO in Japan
Banjo Kazooie
>Snoy shit
Sonic.
>Too many Capcom characters, Jill is too Sexy
Too many nintendo characters, Bayonetta is too sexy.
>Fuck off Gaizen
Not Gaizen, but Agumon's higher up on the fucking radar then a SIDE CHARACTER from an RPG.

For me, Bandana dee and some more modes like smash run and target smash will make it feel ultimate, but Geno will be great too, considering it will fullfill a dream had by many fans.

>sonic
>sony

you fucking what?

Also
> Banjo Kazooie literal who in Japan
Retard, they are happy as fuck they are in

>goemon
who
>spyro
would be cool but kinda eh
>crash
yeah ok
>lara croft
can't even imagine a moveset
>RE
especially can't imagine a moveset, if capcom's getting anyone it's either Dante (great character and moves but DMC aint on nintendo) or Amaterasu (bit of a literal who but has history with nintendo and is beloved)
>agumon
i feel the same disgust when someone brings up agumon as i do when someone brings up kos-mos

>Maybe in some other timeline he was picked instead of Cloud
Geno missed the bus in Melee. He wasn't a serious contender for Brawl anymore.

>geno will be the closest we'll get to an early 2000's internet flash character in smash
I'm interested

Attached: 220px-Newgrounds_Tankman_logo.png (220x220, 33K)

smash slots are being sold to the highest bidder for some worth while Brand recognization
nintendo is reaching out to third party stuff for a reason and we have cloud from square. Theres plenty of good contenders which is why its hard to pin it down.

>2B
How do you censor a leotard?

GIMME GENO youtu.be/QfXng_kD9ZA

Nah m8 fuck Geno
Pico is where it's at.

Mii gunner is probably the best he's ever going to get. He's probably not considered important enough of a character to really be considered at this point, nor does he have anything particularly unique about him anymore. Yeah he gets a lot of requests, but they have a lot of bigger fish to fry, and they'd most likely sooner put Paper Mario in as the Mario RPG rep. Hope his costume comes back, cause that's the best he's ever getting.

SEGA needs a new rep

Kiryu Kazuma please

>he never blew up japan after brawl
fucking pansy

>He doesn't want Ecco
>He doesn't want a Monkey ball rep

Attached: IsThisNeneneSerious.png (420x360, 23K)

>Dual pistols and acrobatics
>awful
have sex

>ecco the dolphin
that better be a joke
>monkey ball
that'd be cool but i don't think there's a moveset they can do. and oh boy, another character that becomes a ball (sonic spindashing) and runs into people, that's SO much more interesting and varied than Kiryu's multiple fighting styles and moves

if it takes just that to impress you about a video game character then you need to play more video games.

>OH BOY THIS CHARACTER IS DOING SOMETHING THAT MULTIPLE SHITTY ACTION MOVIES HAVE DONE

fuck off

>that better be a joke
Nice going, detective.

>Genofags still exist

thanks deputy

The roster is pretty much beyond perfect at this point, but yeah, Geno is probably the closest thing to a glaring omission along with Isaac and Waluigi IMO.

Attached: 1559949351565.jpg (960x720, 312K)

No. It's a completely irrelevant side character from one game. The final missing character is Isaac.

tiermaker.com/create/smash-ultimate-dlc-10759

Post DLC Tier lists. This one includes most big names I've seen except Travis, who is obviously SSS tier

Attached: 2019-06-15 15_56_00-Window.png (770x917, 1.1M)

Absolutely. Its the older picks that make the game feel ultimate. We dreamed of having ridley k rool and Geno since melee. Even though they're all nintendo characters, more or less, its picks like him that feel like fulfilling childhood dreams.

Attached: 1540404058598.gif (216x429, 44K)

We will always exist, gaylord.

> Not Bomberman

Attached: 1553064594225.jpg (300x168, 20K)

Banjo Kazooie is an iconic Nintendo 64 IP for everyone alive to witness that gen. Go take a nappy, zoomer

>"OH MY GOD ITS GENO FROM........ uh, final fantasy? *reads chat* OH MY GOD ITS GENO DUDE GENO FROM MARIO ARR PEE GEE

A forgotten character from a Mario rpg? He has about the same chance as Goombella from Thousand Year Door or Dimentio from Super Paper Mario, that is 0% chance. He's essentially a dead character, without a future, and Sakurai stated only characters with a future will be included in Ultimate.

Animal Crossing and Mario Party are bigger

BREAKING NEWS for all the fans of Kirbs rawest forest animation. He just uploaded a reanimated version! But it says it's not available for me. Anyone else?

Attached: rawest forest reanimated.png (984x206, 117K)

MOTHERFUCKIN GEX

Attached: 2809629-gex.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

>Goombella from Thousand Year Door or Dimentio from Super Paper Mario
would be pretty based 2bh

Consider why they saved the next 2 characters for last.
>Biggest reveals and reception
>Biggest 3rd parties involved
It's going to be Microsoft and Sony. Master Chief and Crash. I would've preferred others but this is the most logical conclusion.

Attached: hulk sad.jpg (474x503, 39K)

This happens with every character announcement, i don't get it.
>Ridley announced
"Yeah but K. Rool isn't even on the same level as Ridley he's irrelevent"
>K.Rool announced
"Yeah but Banjo is nowhere near the level of popular that K. Rool is on"

>would this literal who one off mario character from a random spin-off make this game feel "Ultimate"?

No. Try actually playing video games instead of posting in rosterfag threads 24/7.

Yup. Lubba has a chance now because he's just as highly requested and important as Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo. Anyone can get in because I say so.

same here. maybe he wants to reupload it later?

What about the other game from the same game?
The one that looks like a white fur ball.

Doomguy should be in Smash

Attached: 1556647928007.jpg (125x122, 3K)

too violent and he uses guns

he'll never be in

You were saying the same shit about Banjo

Yeah, Bayonetta and Corrin were the biggest DLC announcements last time, just like Ken and Incineroar were the biggest base game reveals.

>or sephiroth
FUUUUCK YOUUUUUU

Let him in.

Attached: 1557606120663.jpg (447x700, 155K)

banjo absolutely is way more known that fucking geno.

i literally had no fucking idea who he was until you fags started shitposting about him.

Geno is literally a side character from a spinoff game. you're as delusional as the ashleyfags. i dont know how any of you think that if a rep from a game that's never been in smash is going to be anyone but a main character from the game is going to be added. example being something like shovelknight. why would they rep shovelknight with a side character?

Bayonetta was probably the best reveal alongside Cloud to be fair. I'm expecting the next character to be shit, but the last one should be exciting. It was dumb to end the base roster on Inciniroar, but it would be downright retarded to end the DLC lineup with something of that level.

They’ll get in as an Ice Climbers kinda duo.

Just because you don't know him doesn't mean all the other people don't, All people who played Mario RPG know him.
And to be honest, I had no idea who Banjo was until I saw Jontron talking about him.

Bruh I don't know what to tell you. Soccer guy wants him in lmao

Attached: Geno Smirk.png (300x300, 98K)

i can guarantee you way more people know about banjo than geno

Everyone interested in it has already bought the pass, if you're only interested in the last character, you'd just be better off buying it sperately, so they don't need it to be hype.
You're getting Edelgard and Sylux, and you'll like it.

Square doesn't though, and that's why we got Sword Gohan instead.

why do people buy the pass? why would you upfront spend all the money possible when you could just wait and see who comes out and then decide upon the reveal if you're going to buy it

it sounds like youre scamming yourself if you buy the pass and then nothing gets revealed that you actually wanted

Attached: picturemessage_iiluwjkz.ylf.png (595x443, 243K)

"sword gohan" has impacted gaming as a whole more than anywhere conceivable for what geno has done to anything

geno has done more than rosterfagging than anything else

May as well get the full roster I guess?

Yup. Sad truth. Don't know why square doesn't just make a quick buck selling the rights to something they never use.

Attached: squeenix3.jpg (680x489, 137K)

Attached: DLC.png (1216x560, 867K)

Oh yeah, remember when nobody in america played RPGs until Dragon quest introduced them to the genre through the trusted and familiar mario brand? Oh wait that was Super mario RPG. Geno did that. Geno affected gaming as a whole

Crash is shit tier and was never iconic

My point was that the main reason Geno isn't in is Square.
Since Sakurai wants to put him in, and we now know that relevancy doesn't matter if you're popular.

No, Sora is.

you're a fucking idiot

Only 1 shower a week Nintendies know or care about Geno, he won't make it.

Attached: 1550620476538.png (960x540, 278K)

They are never going to reveal a character that makes me so angry I would regret the purchase and the characters I enjoy playing aren't always the same as the games I enjoy so why not?

I'd agree with you it it was female Ghost King but eh.

>hat boo

waifufag

Ryu Hayabusa is the only remaining acceptable sword character. All others are dogshit tier. Ninja Gaiden was a titan series of the NES era, it deserves representation and with all the special items in the games itd be easy to do a moveset

>cape kremling
>spike koopa
>male gerudo
>eyepatch fox

Shucks, ya got me

Attached: shrug.png (700x794, 70K)

>We
I wanted Ridley, K. Rool and Banjo but not Geno.

Don't put us in the same category faggot.

Literally no one considers Animal Crossing a N64 series as opposed to a GameCube series.

You're right. Without spikes, this looks exactly like bowser. Indistinguishable.

Attached: koopa.jpg (352x550, 23K)

>main antagonist
>relevant
>merchandise

If Mario is getting another rep I'll support him the most.

Attached: 7686867668.png (891x897, 250K)

When are we (us, you and me) getting Geno in Smash?

Ok, we, minus this guy

Geno is the most out there character that has some popularity who could get in, but a SNES era RPG character that is published by S-E would have to go to Crono.

Where can I get merch? I want some

Guessing Smash DLC would be so much easier if we knew whether or not Spirits and Mii costumes were an explicit deconfirm.

Expect it is retard, stop moving the goalpost

t.literal manchild

Both Banjo's Nintendo 64 game sold less than Donkey Kong 64.

Splatoon sold much more with 2 games as well which is even more impressive since the Wii U was a dying console.

It just makes sense that they are, why would they put in a spirit when they know the character will be in later?
It's less a rule that a character can't be DLC when they're a spirit, and more that there only is a spirit, because the character isn't planned to be added later.
As for mii costumes, is there even a mii costume that doesn't also have a spirit?

> A new contender approaches!

Attached: Mallow.gif (366x369, 38K)

Heihachi? Did he have a Spirit?

I think his mii costume got cut.
Might be wrong though.

>Edelgard
>Sylux
Shit memes, stop believing a guesser that didn't even get the Square Enix character right.

Because Nintendo wouldn't use him either

you mean mario did that lol

I just checked. It was in 4, but cut for Ultimate. No Spirit.

I’m expecting one of the DLC characters might be Lloyd and if that’s the case the Heihachi costume will likely come back with him.

He is only part of Pacman's taunt.

I’m actually waiting for you deniers to get blown the fuck out. First it was Ridley, then it was K. Rool, then it was Banjo.
It’s just not looking good for people like you anymore.

who's this?

Please.

Attached: Dream slots for Smash Ultimate.png (786x1078, 909K)

be realistic you delusional fucktard
and this is coming from the argument of geno
who will never be in smash

Heihachi's mii costume will come back along with bamco's rep

the remake flash he did was cringe and shit, but man this never gets old

He said he "heard" those names, specifically saying who exactly it is hasn't been decided at the time.
You don't know if they discussed their inclusion.
He did get Banjo and especially Joker, who no one else got.

Unless it IS Heihachi. See? Mii costumes and Spirits make it so much harder to guess.

Unfortunately user as much as I’d like to see Geno it’s pretty safe to bet on him not getting in, if only because Square seems to want him to stay buried.

copey copey seethey seethey

this.
myamoto doesn't do jack shit with characters if they're not toads

Attached: 1559777440092.png (600x538, 196K)

But he has neither, so they aren't affected by the "spirits deconfirm" theory.

I can definitely see them putting him in now.

They are an explicit fucking deconfirm it is only mouthbreathing geno tards that think otherwise.

who the fuck is Geno

I want Dante, Crash, Rayman or Croc

You never ever faggots never learn. I thought Banjo was enough to show that anything is possible. Regardless of how "relevant" he is, Geno is popular. If fans want him, there is a high chance that HE'S IN.

Geno didn't do that, Mario did. You said it in your own fucking post you retard. People bought Mario RPG for MARIO, not Geno.

He's a dumb bandwagon character that will be forgotten for good the second the next two slots are filled. We aren't getting two SE characters is one pack (if we were, they would give us an actual good character like JC Denton, Space Invader, a Seiken Densetsu character or 2B).
The last two characters are going to be a female character and a Bandai Namco character.

Nice excuses. He also claimed that he saw uncompleted models of the characters which is obviously bullshit. See you when they announce the FETH Spirit Board event.

Came for Mario stayed for geno. Mario was the selling point and we still talk about how great geno is today.

You're delusional

But he's a Spirit. Thats a huge indication that he isn't.

A character on a horse .. now that would be ultimate.

Attached: Camus the Black Knight.gif (577x300, 10K)

Banjo is someone that feels like they should be in the game. Same with Dragon Quest, in my opinion. Geno is someone sorta like... I dunno, Bandana Dee to me, except less relevant. It'd be awesome to have him in the game, sure. But there are other characters I feel deserve the spot more. From the Square side of things I think that Sora, Lara, a Bravely rep or something like maybe a TWEWY or Nier rep would just make more sense than Geno. I've wanted him in since 64, back when I thought the last two remaining unlockable characters would be Banjo and Geno, but at this point I think that it's just a dream that'll never come to be.

I guess stevies needed a new target after banjo and kazooie made it
y'all are really trying too hard now

No that's the thing nobody fucking talks about Geno outside of Smash because he's a one-note character who's good for gameplay and that's about it.

There is valid reason to be opposed to Geno, and no valid reason to want him, unlike with Banjo and Kazooie

>remember when nobody in america played RPGs until Dragon quest introduced them to the genre through the trusted and familiar mario brand?
D&D introduced people to RPGs in the 70's, you idiot. Ultima introduced RPG videogames to the mainstream in 1981.
Mario RPG is irrelevant and DQ is irrelevant outside of Japan.

You can put in two piles of shit and the game will feel ultimate at this point.

Why? Because "da rules" say so?

I can't believe a star in a wooden doll is enough to get Yea Forums this angry. Have sex.

too much work

Attached: list.jpg (1156x828, 171K)

Yeah it's the character himself, not his faggot fans who won't stop inflating his importance as a character.

>Dante
Who?

>Is he the last character to make this game feel "Ultimate"?
no this one is

Attached: Sora_KHIII.png (528x758, 284K)

Attached: hes_in.jpg (1192x670, 245K)

>Ultima introduced RPG videogames to the mainstream in 1981
Xe actually believes this.

Attached: Laughing Cage.webm (1280x544, 2.97M)

Banjo and Kazooie are the lead protagonists of two very fondly remembered games on the N64
They are their own IP and have no competition from within it

Geno is a nobody from one Mario spinoff and a non-entity within the game's story
Not only does he have next to nothing on his resume, but he has tons of competition from other Mario characters

And no, "I like Geno" is not a valid reason to want him in Smash
This gets tallied up with number of appearances, significance of each of those appearances, game sales, and relevance to Nintendo because these things are fact

Don't forget BK was so well known that just the promise of a similar game was enough to get a fan imitation funded in a single day.

>not Isaac for basic Flashkino

I'm not that guy, but Geno just doesn't make sense for me from a logical perspective. I'm personally not saying it's impossible, but I just don't see why Square would ever want to have Geno in Smash over any of the IPs they actually own. I mean, say Geno does get put into Smash. How would Square profit from it? Sales of a 23-year-old game? Maybe some merch for Geno if they're even allowed to do that? Even someone like Crono makes more sense to me than Geno, because while yes Crono has one game, Square could still make more Chrono games and possibly merch. Someone like Sora makes even more sense because KH sells a lot of merch anyhow and it'd only increase after that kind of announcement.
Once again, not saying Geno is impossible. I can see a few situations where Geno does get in, like maybe Nintendo buys the rights or Square gets permission to make more Mario RPG games. But as it stands it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I think Geno's best shot at the roster was back during 64 or Melee when there wasn't so much competition for spots, maybe in an alternate universe where Square and Nintendo stayed on good terms it would have happened.

Square would make more money off Geno merch than they would Sora because Disney gets all the money from Sora’s merchandise.

>SIDE CHARACTER SIDE CHARACTER SIDE CHARACTER, SIDE CHARACTERS CANT BE IN SMASH
piranha plant is in and that's not even a character that's a mook
>NOT RELEVANT NOT RELEVANT NOT RELEVANT
k rool, banjo, ridley

I was alive then, i had never heard of it, i never heard my friends talk about it in school, it was mostly a brit thing i assume

Also by "Crono has one game" I just meant he's in one game, I know about Cross obviously.
I don't think that's true at all, Square even sells Kingdom Hearts merchandise right on their online store. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney gets a cut, but they certainly do as well

>NOT RELEVANT NOT RELEVANT NOT RELEVANT
>k rool, banjo, ridley
And Joker as well.

nice that once banjo got in everyone starts singing a different tune
remember "NOBODY LIKES YOUR BASTARD BOOMER BEAR"?
now it's "THE LEAD PROTAGONISTS OF TWO FONDLY REMEMBERED GAMES"
god, you're all a bunch of fucking snakes
remember before k.rool got in and everyone said "WE DON'T WANT YOUR STUPID UGLY LIZARD NOBODY EVEN KNOWS WHO HE IS" and now everyone says "Oh of COURSE he's in, he's a beloved villain!"

No
You're just a complete and utter retard for thinking Yea Forums is one person

Attached: 1539606897240.png (507x565, 25K)

Who is this?

I mean, isn't Joker one of the more relevant characters? His game just came out a few years ago, he had a game come out this year, and there's a couple more P5 games releasing in the future

>geno is popular

that's why i never ever heard of him until you mouthbreathers started rosterfagging him when ultimate came out, right?

if geno actually makes it in i can't wait to see what people are gonna fucking say
"of course he got in, he's been heavily requested for years, he's a fan-favorite from one of the best games on the snes, unlike [insert character that isn't in smash yet]"

imagine outing yourself as a zoomer like that

Attached: samurai.jpg (672x361, 49K)

cowards and snakes
remember when everyone was so confident about the grinch leak being real and as soon as the bara cat was on screen everyone pretended that they never believed it in the first place?
I know it's not a certainty but the sheer number of people is disproportionate and I know rosterfags do this shit

Pinocchio

Square would get a transaction fee out of selling it in their store or however that works but Disney owns all of the KH characters and locations, meanwhile Square has 100% ownership of Geno and Mallow, alongside all the SMRPG OC’s and could do whatever they want with them, it just so happens to be that what they wanted was to bury them forever.

Speak for yourself, I always wanted Ridley, K. Rool and Banjo (and I still main both of them despite the fact that they are shit) but I always saw Geno as a meme that went too far.

don't you have some fortnite to get to or some homework to, kid

If Geno is in, then the Grinch leak might as well have been real anyway.

ITT:
Statement against Geno
Retort
Name calling

No you schizophrenic moron
the reason it seems that way is because, obviously, once the grinch leak was proven fake all the people who didn't want it to be real came out to rub it in the face of the other side at once
and naturally, having lost, the other side quieted down

i think Sakurai wants to save Geno for the next Smash, a month ago, he was complaining that DLC takes up possible future smash game characters.

>HAHA HE DOESN'T KNOW THIS OBSCURE SPINOFF THAT HAS A CULT FOLLOWING

imagine this being your argument to think you have a point

did he actually fucking say that
IS HE ACTUALLY THINKING ABOUT A NEXT SMASH?
my god the nerve of this man

>Disney owns all of the KH characters and locations, meanwhile Square has 100% ownership of Geno and Mallow, alongside all the SMRPG OC’s and could do whatever they want with them, it just so happens to be that what they wanted was to bury them forever.
We actually don't know that Square has 100% rights to Geno. After all they've never released any merchandise of him. Meanwhile they've been pumping that shit out for KH for decades. Plus while Disney does own the rights to the KH characters, there's been no indication ever that disney gets all the profits from merchandising. And it doesn't even make sense to believe that's the case, otherwise why would Square continuously release high-priced statues and figurines?

>obscure
imagine not knowing video games and only learning about them because of super smash bros speculation
once again, zoomer

>Obscure
Calling any mario game obscure makes you look like a fucking infant

The game in question was never released in half the world, amerifat

I guess its technically better than no represention at all in some regard, but fuck me did it sting to see my boy as an AT in Direct

Attached: PunishedIsaac.jpg (1910x1312, 733K)

Not really.

Attached: overko6pkl3rqtuqrkde.jpg (676x905, 107K)

>moveset arguement
>duck hunt
>r.o.b
>villager
>olimar
>inkling
>wii fit trainer

There are two pieces of merch for Geno, a keychain and a jigsaw puzzle featuring the whole cast in Rose town, the Puzzle has a Nintendo copyright, the keychain does not, both are official, the keychain was a claw machine prize in 97 I believe.
As for KH merchandising Sora Funko Pop figures are only copyright Disney which does seem to imply that Disney would receive all the cash from it.

>yuropoor
>thinking your opinion matters
KEK

Attached: my-image.png (1216x1843, 3.3M)

Sigh, how can one person be so consistently wrong? First of all "Never" it wasn't originally reals ed in Europe but for over a decade now has been available on all sorts of virtual consoles. Also 1 region is not "Half the world"

Christ

Attached: irk.png (192x192, 42K)

I'm just gonna ask, if he made it in what would he be like?
I'm not talking just about attacks, like would he be heavy/light, run speed maybe voice clips?

Attached: 1548099691176.png (270x247, 84K)

>"geno isn't popular"
>proof of Sakurai acknowledging that he is
>"lol, how was i supposed to know?!"
How about you don't act smart when you don't know shit, lil buddy?

>caring about a game not being released in your region when you could literally just emulate it
eurofags never cease to be fucking brainlets i swear

I'd say medium weight, medium stature. Similar to Mario. He's a doll but he's also filled to the brim with fire arms. He'd be fast, like in smrpg.

He's going to be the free character of the next DLC pack like Piranha Plant.

>As for KH merchandising Sora Funko Pop figures are only copyright Disney which does seem to imply that Disney would receive all the cash from it.
First of all that's ridiculous because every other piece of merch I've seen has Square on it. And I can't even confirm that Funko doesn't have Square's name, it just appears that Disney is in the title of the product. And even beyond that, you just openly admitted that there was ever 2 pieces of merchandise for Geno and one was from a claw machine. KH merchandise is way, way, WAY more popular than Mario RPG stuff, why would you ever think that stuff would sell more?

Dude's probably not even from Europe. Just a brainlet

I'd prefer no voice. Just clickety clackety puppet sounds. And ideally chiptune sounds ripped straight from the game. I feel like SMRPG's sound design doesn't get enough credit

youtube.com/watch?v=4UucbC7EMYA
It's actually up now

I mean I want Geno but for me personally after the Dragon Quest protags and fucking Banjo Kazooie got revealed, along with K. Rool, Ridley, Simon Belmont, and all the other big reveals from other games like Sonic and Snake, they absolutely can't top themselves anymore. At this point that could just add Kermit the Frog and DmC Dante and I wouldn't care.

>one person
hahahah

>if you want a character in smash, you must talk about sales, relevancy etc

Attached: 1554569788951.png (533x358, 442K)

I was saying they’d see more of the profit because there’s no split not that it would be guaranteed to sell more.

1. You need to know all the characters to keep up online or with your friends.
2. It's cheaper.

we get it, you're in your late 30s and care this much about a party game for children, you can stop bragging now guys

kill yourselves

HA jokes on you, I'm a fucking zoomer. If I actually said how old I was I'd be chastised

>I was saying they’d see more of the profit because there’s no split not that it would be guaranteed to sell more.
Yeah well dude let's just say they have to give Disney 25% of the profits. If they make 10 million on Sora merch, that means they keep 7.5 million dollars. If they sell 2 million bucks of Geno merch and can keep all the profits, well then it just doesn't make much sense does it? Shit even if they gave 50% profits in this arrangement Sora would still make more sense

Just because I don't want a character in Smash doesn't mean I won't play them. I thought Corrin was the best example of a wasted slot in Smash History but I still bought him, because I bought all of the Sm4sh DLC individually on the Wii U. Just because I'd have rather had Geno doesn't mean I don't want to play the new character. This time I bought the Season pass to save myself 5 dollars.

Oh also there's no guarantee of a future game with Geno because you don't own the IP in its entirety

i'm 22 and i've wanted him in smash since brawl suck my dick and balls

They're still waiting Yea Forums

Attached: maybe_next_time_by_madfather.jpg (828x460, 98K)

I'm not a huge Star Fox fan but for some reason I thought Krystal had a big fanbase. Or is it just a loud minority of pervs?

95% of people who were going to buy the 4th and 5th dlc characters already have anyway. The last two characters could be basically anything. No one on the planet only buys one Smash dlc character, and no one is going to buy the game just because Sora gets in.

And I'm 22 and I hope he doesn't get in smash because you smash faggots are insufferable

I got my Dragon Quest, stay mad faggot, keep believing your delusions

Yes you fucking dolt
Think of Smash Bros. like a job, where the candidate characters hand in their resumes

Geno has literally one appearance and one cameo to his name, and the appearance doesn't have any real significance or substance to it either

Smash is about what makes sense, not what you want

I mean, that wasn't what we were talking about whatsoever but ok

Anybody have that pic of krool and chrom crouching down talking to the Geno doll saying hey sakurai didnt forget about us. I swear that image exists but I can't find it for the life of me

You're totally right. They added Ice climbers in melee to boost sales of Ice Climbers for NES

I’d have to say light and fast.

moron
every game after 64 has had a left-field pick for the sake of surprise, having exceptions doesn't invalidate rules

They do though, there’s no partial ownership with this character, the SSS credits straight up say he belongs to Square Enix.

>moving goalposts
Alright then, what ever. Chalk it up as an exception to the rule, I dont give a shit why he gets in

He only said this because he has been being asked specifically about Geno for years, not because he organically decided on his own he wanted Geno playable.

The fact that you didn't pick up on something so obvious that it should have gone without saying doesn't make me move goalposts

Attached: 6498326432684.png (1142x883, 1.2M)

It would be ULTIMATE if fucking Gatornigger was removed from the game.

Nostaliga faggots should KYS asap. No one gives two shits or knows about some faggot gator from 1935 when your parents weren't divorced.

Literally should have never got in smash. Bayonetta got in because she was relevant and a recent game release, not some literal who green shit.

>inb4 muh rob muh pacman muh duck hunt
Icon characters of different eras or mascot characters. No one gives two shits about literal who the gator

Attached: 1541092863288.png (1500x1500, 2.24M)

Yes, but he’s not the only one.

>SMASH SPECULATION SHOULD ONLY BE ABOUT FACTS, STOP DISCUSSING ABOUT WHO YOU WANT WITHOUT TALKING ABOUT MUH SALES
shut the fuck up, let us have fun

Attached: 1554333645738.jpg (247x247, 15K)

They own the character, but there's absolutely no indication that they can just do what they want with him. I mean, once again they haven't used him or referenced him in 25 years, other than a Mii costume in Smash. They haven't even made any Geno merch on their own, or done anything to show that they have full creative freedom with the guy. Retaining the rights in this case might just mean that Nintendo can't use the character, fucking over the original artists who designed him if he gets popular.
I mean, I could get behind this if Square has ever done anything with any Mario RPG characters since the game on their own. But they haven't.

Reminder: Super Mario RPG was only the fifth best selling RPG on the SNES, losing to both FF IV and DQ IV by over a million units each, which was a lot in the day, especially considering SMRPG was riding on Mario's name.

Both of these series finally have a rep in Smash, against most expectations. SMRPG, while a great game for its time, is nowhere near as notable.

Why doesn't smash have a fucking containment board at this point, it's insufferable

Attached: 1558133687511.png (625x626, 38K)

I mean what else can you speculate based on? I want Dick Masterson from YIIK guess he's just as valid a pick.

Attached: dick.png (657x1142, 19K)

>not having admiral bobbery in your most wanted characters for smash

cringe and bluepilled.

A momment please, I will autosage this thread about a shitty game

ResetEra
ResetEra
ResetEra

>we wanted Geno
No, we didn’t
I got my street fighters and reptiles in, and forever thankful.

>Smash is about what makes sense
Imagine still thinking this after R.O.B., Game & Watch, Pit, Ice Climbers, fucking SNAKE, Bayonetta, Cloud...

it'd be very cool but no point in acting like he's a legend or anything
it's not gonna happen unless they do something like a second fighters pack that's themed around ascending choice (maybe do another ballot?) spirits/assist trophies to playable status, and even then that'd be crawling with waluigi/isaac/shadowfags so don't bother

Attached: 15072402.jpg (400x420, 75K)

>sakurai didn't want this character on his own
Obviously, fan demand determines character choices all the time, Geno is just one Soccerguy thinks would fit really well into Smash.

I think the actual issue is that even if they wanted to use these characters their identities are so ingrained with Mario that realistically what could you expect them to do, they aren’t the same characters otherwise.

you don't think i know the term "pipe dreams", you mongoloid?

Attached: 1525336204209.jpg (640x640, 181K)

> Genofags only made noise once Cloud joined in
> again when King K Rool got in
> again when Banjo Kazooie got in
Seems to me that Genofags are just parasites trying to coattail everyone else in an attempt to pretend their hipster gamefaqs choice is some mythical hyped up request and not an old meme that ran it's course almost a decade ago.

Not releasing in Europe probably didn’t help that.

they most likely are, as reggie said dlc characters would be new to the series.

But most Genofags won't admit it's a pipe dream, that's why it's so fucking irritating to deal with them. They rally behind their shitpick, insist he's genuinely important enough to stand beside everyone else in the roster, and latch on to other fanbases like he's an equivalent character even if he's not.

Geno was big durings brawl days but lost a lot of support during sm4sh days. It started as Newgrounds meme.

Even fucking Krystal and Bandana Dee had bigger support.

I mean, granted, that could very well be the case. I wouldn't be surprised if ultimately Square COULD make a new game with Geno, but like you said why would they? At the end of RPG he leaves the doll behind, if they made a new game they'd really have a hole to write themselves out of, and one hell of a time not mentioning Mario stuff when Geno's a protector of Star Road. Plus even as a Genofag, I kinda think the game would lose a fair amount of its charm without the Mario element, everything else aside

>making up rules
>after everything that has happened

why are rulesfags so abundant?

Pretty much.

youtube.com/watch?v=H_iBg3gO9Ck

In my view, master chief or a DBZ rep would be the only way to come close to matching the hype of previous reveals

Exactly and as far as the merchandising stuff goes they don’t stand to gain much from statues of a decades old puppet, I’m glad we’re at least kind of starting to see eye to eye now.

>Plus even as a Genofag, I kinda think the game would lose a fair amount of its charm without the Mario element, everything else aside
You don't want a realistic, bloody war shooter with Geno as the protagonist?

No, but this guy is.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-15 at 4.54.49 PM.png (1366x768, 870K)

Wanting geno in smash officially makes you autistic

Not yet

Attached: 1560606923034.png (1080x731, 796K)

Characters:
Ryu Hayabusa
Goemon

Assist trophies:
Contra rep
Geno & Mallow

Look I'll just keep updating my fanfiction where Geno crosses over with Nier: Automata

Delusional

Nah, I can easily name 10 or 15 characters that are both a better fit and more deserving. Geno is just kind of old and irrelevant.

Doomguy literally came from nowhere when it comes to smash discussion.

Did he even have support during Sm4sh days and during the ballot?

Two more.

Attached: boomer.gif (457x188, 179K)

This moveset is seriously soulless other than the dash attack and Up B.

If King K. Rool, Banjo and Isaac was seen as "irrelevant" imagine was Geno is.

>Side character in a spin off Mario game from 1996 made from third party
>Other than that game only made a very small cameo in superstar saga (that even got removed in the remake)
>Both Mario series and Mario RPG series in general have better character choices to represent it

Donkey Kong series is still alive and K. Rool was not only in one game, Banjo's franchise is unique and he still got games in the 2000s same with Isaac and Golden Sun.

Attached: 37480742384032947302984.gif (420x324, 1.4M)

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=729442469
The actual numbers on the ballot are murky at best, but this has been (in my opinion) the best source at what the results of the ballot may have looked like. It compiles a whole bunch of different polls and stuff. As far as I can tell, no, Doomguy really didn't have much of a presence. Take that with a grain of salt, because people may have still done it, just not in these fan polls.

Yes, but doomfags normally kept for themselves because "muh guns and violence" made him a pipedream pick, similar to how Reimufags were much less noticeable before Hero and Banjo broke the "global appeal" seal.

No, Sm4sh ballot was in 2015, DOOM came out in 2016 and made him popular with zoomers.
The only "evidence" for him is Sakurai once mentioning Doom's importance for gaming and some guy from Bethesda saying "yeah", about having talked to Nintendo about Smash.

Reminder that only series new to Smash will be getting in
So no Geno

They were definitively around. I remember seeing some of them back when Bayo got revealed because her pistols implied the possibility of characters with guns making in.

>Reminder that only series new to Smash will be getting in
Was this ever officially stated?

I think the fighters pass speaks for itself

It was said in context in a way that only the biggest autists don't get it.

No, just people misquoting Reggie.
The original quote said "characters new to the series (smash)".
So of course people took this as "Your character can only get in if his entire franchise has never ever even been near Smash Bros."

Kinda of
ign.com/articles/2018/12/07/nintendo-persona-5s-joker-is-emblematic-of-smash-bros-ultimates-dlc-approach
>Fils-Aime explained that Sakurai and the team working on Ultimate’s DLC don’t necessarily see characters from franchises not typically associated with Nintendo as a limiting factor when it comes to Smash Bros.

but he's not a secondary character he's literally the main part of the story you nigger.

Well there hasn't been any series in the fighters pass that wasn't already in Smash yet

He is a main character in the sense that Dunban in Xenoblade is a main character, he's important but he's not the main protagonist.

>Not wanting Kartana in.
Fags.

Attached: 2039483095345.jpg (299x168, 7K)

Attached: 1560487201790.png (2160x2208, 3.23M)

Might change, might not.
We don't know yet, and we sure as heck didn't know back when Joker was announced, yet that's how long people have been misquoting this.
If i was wrong i'll admit it, but for now i wouldn't completely shut down any first party characters, just because of some vague pr statement.

I didn't realize Adeleine was that popular.

>SEGA needs a new rep
You just got one with Joker

Relevancyfags would have a fucking stroke if he got in.

Doom guy is definitely flavor of the month tier.

Waluigi could count in the meme shit category as well.

>Reimu
>meme shit

Attached: 1557765416419.png (900x700, 28K)

I'd say Waluigi avoids it, since he actually is a Nintendo character, so he kinda has a reason to be in.
Totally agree on Doom Guy though.

Not really fair to call Springman and Rex flavor of the month when they are some of the very few characters that got 100% deconfirmed by the man Sakurai himself. Of course people are going to stop speculating about them.

he better come in I've been waiting for him for 10 years

not all of us are like that. he isn't happening and i've already accepted that a long time ago. i just like the character and like discussing his potential if he were to come back, yet that's more than enough to get you shit on nowadays.
shit on the bad genofans, fine, but some of us just want to talk about and make content for a character we like without conflating his importance or causing trouble.

Add leggings like on bayo

>fawful C
>louie and dimentio D
Holy fucking cringe

People only gave a shit back in the Brawl days.
smashboards.com/threads/characters-on-sakurais-poll.71872/

King Dedede(5) - in
Diddy Kong(4) - in
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - in
Ridley(4) - in
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3) - in
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3) - in
Animal Crossing MC(2) - in
Claus(2) - alt
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2)
Jeff(2)
Kawasima(2)
King K.Rool(2) - in
Lip(2)
Lucas(2) - in
Mega Man(2) - in

>skull kid
>flavor of the month
How young are you?

wow rosterfaggotry is the most retarded shit ever now. It's just peoples wishlist you stupid retard. Not a serious job or anything there doesn't need to be facts behind wanting a character in smash.

>Kirbofag

its because of the 5chan leak I remember my brother wanting doom guy and I remember telling him how fucking weird that'd be as a character

>joker
>bayo
Put those two characters together and doomguy is already in. Guns + violent. Besides, bowser, ganon and ridley are already violent as fuck. There’s nonreason why doomguy can’t simply act like them and be fine.

I've been satisfied with the roster since Brawl. Once the third-party floodgates opened it's been full of bandwaggoners who are never, ever satisfied no matter how much is added.

Attached: boomer2.jpg (563x511, 36K)

Reddit/10

there we go

This is the most realistic. The truth will set you free.

Attached: fighter pass.jpg (1980x1113, 1.09M)

> REIMU BAD
Fuck off retards, let us dream

THIS DEE IS RENT FREE

Attached: 1543647800098.png (417x283, 209K)

I've been satisified with K. Rool, now I got Banjo to top it off? The only character I voted for in the ballot? You bet your ass I'm satisfied the rest of the roster could be FE and I wouldn't give 2 shits.

>Hat Goomba
>flavor of the month
Look at literally any recent poll and he's still the top first party character.

Crash, yes. Rayman can fuck off

Attached: platformersalesinjapan.png (1874x649, 108K)

Play as character number 53 to find out.

>muh sales
Your arbitrary rules don't matter anymore. We've got the likes of Banjo in the game. Anything can and will happen.

>Waluigi
>S tier
yeah fuck off

>14k copies
He's even more unknown in Japan than literally every Dragon Quest game is outside Japan. What the fuck?

But it was though I was alive around Banjo Kazooie time, sure I knew about it but I heard nobody talking about it.

why is it acted like its confirmed spirits deconfirm? As far as I know Sakurai NEVER stated that spirits deconfirm.

I didn't mention Reimu at all, but if you insist, yeah, some literally who indie outside of japland isn't gonna make it when Shovel Knight didn't.

The majority of the Rayman games weren't released in Japan, including Rayman 3. Besides, even if they were released, they weren't in many consoles

Rayman 2, one of the most ported games of all time was only out in Dremcast and PS2 in Japan

actually would make the whole DLC picks legendary

Remember how mewtwo wasn't gonna be DLC because he already had a trophy?

Attached: mewtwo trophy smash4.png (512x512, 145K)

Ive never seen a get so right.

I will actually be mad if Geno gets in

Irrelevant character from a irrelevant game.

People would unironically be more happy to see Cackletta added to the game instead of Geno.

why

Not that guy but it seems to me that spirits would naturally deconfirm. It kinda ruins the surprise if someone like Rayman gets into the game at this point. Not saying Rayman is guaranteed not to get a spot, but at the very least I think it heavily hurts their chances
Mewtwo was a returning fighter though, not a new addition to the series

It's easier to replace a trophy with a new trophy instead of a spirit battle that exist in the story mode.

I think people say that because Piranha Plant didn't have a spirit in the base game, which is a pretty big deal, but at the same time, Piranha Plant was clearly decided far earlier than the rest of the DLC (notice how it's amiibo came out so soon whereas we haven't even seen the one for Joker, and the fact it's the only DLC character with a Palutena's Guidance), so it may not be that important in the long run.

Mewtwo was a incredibly high demand character at the time. While people who only played Mario RPG want Geno. Even people who never played Banjo wanted him to be in the game.

They didn't replace the trophy though, they just added a new one alongside the old trophy. If they did a character that already had a spirit, they'd probably just make a new fighter spirit while leaving the old one unchanged.

You're thinking of it wrong,
it's not that a character can't be DLC because he's a Spirit,
it's that there only is a Spirit because the character isn't planned to be added later.
It's less a rule, more a logical conclusion.

That's not the argument being made

Rate my objectively correct DLC list

Attached: in no particular order.png (1441x932, 1.94M)

this, its come and gone so long that geno getting in is just pandering to wishlisters.

Attached: 1554867353749.png (470x410, 367K)

>K.Rool is too irrelevant
>Banjo is too irrelevant
>Erdrick is too irrelevant
>Geno is too irrelevant
Ok

SUCH AS?!!

So by this logic and my list, this would mean Three DLC characters for Japanese fans and two characters for Western fans. Why is that so hard to believe?

imagine literally being angry that a character you don't personally like makes it into a children's party game
all of you rosterfags are fucking stupid. fuck off

I think any side characters from a niche series with representation is pushing it.

shovel knight or phoenix would be cool.

Skull Kid shows up at the tail end of rosterfag season and then nobody talks about him until next time every single time.

>implying geno is comparable to those three characters at all

epic

can't wait for lubba to get in because clearly he's equally as popular and well known as the main villain of donkey kong, the main protagonist of a beloved n64 series, and the main protagonist one of the most successful jrpg series of all time.

If it's objectively correct why do I need to rate it? Why aren't you just honest with everyone here and ask us to tell you what we think about it?

cringe and federation-pilled

Attached: 14284532752375.png (600x600, 367K)

>implying anyone member Puppetmon
Digimon was a 2000 thing you zoomers

imagine getting upset that people don't like your character that only hipsters like.

I literally have no idea who the fuck he is and the same goes for the rest of the "normal" Smash community. Plus he has a spirit already so get fucked genofags.

Rayman isn't getting in retard

Anons I would be careful about mocking possible additions have we already forgot banjo and k.rool..?

what

Banjo is/way more popular in Japan than Rayman is, look at that graph again

I don't see them adding a western third party character with minimal presence in Japan

I just don't know how they would do it without making him a pikmin clone.

unless wonstoppable is his smash.
that would be good.

2B
Sephiroth
Crono
Doom Guy
Phoenix Wright
Crash Bandicoot
Rex
Spring Man
Octoling
Bomberman
Toad
Waluigi
Steve
Tails
Knuckles
Krystal
Paper Mario

>Crono
What is with rosterfags and swords?

i don't care if people don't like characters i like
yet everyone sure is butt-blasted and loves spamming Yea Forums about how much they hate this character and that character
if your favorite doesn't get in, deal with it. if your least favorite gets in, deal with it. both extremes are stupid as shit, both hyperfans and hyperantifans

>Mewtwo was a returning fighter though, not a new addition to the series
Literally what does that actually matter?

>Anons I would be careful about mocking my shitty literal who single game spin-off character when we got substantial popular characters...?

>steve
dropped

>why is it acted like its confirmed spirits deconfirm?
Because they do.

Do you unironically think it's a coincidence that Piranha Plant didn't have a spirit until it became a fighter?

>Crono
>Sephiroth
>2B
>Rex
It's like rosterfags have a sexual attraction to swords or something

fucking christ this really is becoming the newest buzzword, isn't it? kill yourself already

>don't get mad at people liking a character
>but I can get mad you dislike a character

uh

I mean, I don't see how it doesn't matter. It wasn't a third party character, they already had the moveset and stuff mapped out for him, and they had other reps from the series in Smash

Rosterfags are the ones perpetually asshurt about swords not the other way around.

i'll bet you said that about banjo, too
"BUT HE'S THE MAIN CHARACTER OF TWO BELOVED GAMES!"
that's not what most of Yea Forums was saying before. now all of a sudden most of Yea Forums is toting him as this paragon, he's a main character, doesn't matter if his series is dead, of COURSE he was going to make it in!!!
revisionist cunts, you'll do the same thing again when your next irrelevant target gets a revival and then move to the next and the next.
smash containment board WHEN

reading comprehension, faggot
dislike who you want but being literally assmad because a character you don't like gets in a game is childish
i bet if your favorite got in and people complained, you'd be pissed off
hyperfans. are. shit. hyperantifans. are. shit. BOTH are shit. the people who think geno is a paragon are shit. the people who get legitimately outraged because a character exists that they don't like are shit. both of you are shit

I think Piranha Plant having a guidance indicates it just barely didn’t make the base roster so they made it dlc.

>Rayman
>Realistic

Attached: 1540084048822.png (712x468, 192K)

Crash has no hope. This meme of western characters getting into Smash is tired.

>b-but Banjo, b-but Diddy
Tied to Rare, which was tied to Nintendo.

The only way that will ever stop is if Geno gets in, there is absolutely no way they could justify it to themselves.

The DLC was planned a long time in advance. Vergeben heard about Erdrick a long time ago.

>i'll bet you said that about banjo, too
No, I actually didn't. I don't get why Geno coattail riders pretend that just because I wanted Ridley (the most well known Metroid villain), K. Rool (the most well known DK villain) and Banjo (the main character from popular N64 games who used to belong to Nintendo), it means that I must automatically want your random as fuck party member from a single mediocre Mario spin-off. Should I want fucking Goombella in the game too just because Banjo got in?

>revisionist cunts
not revisionist considering I've always wanted those three characters for a long time but NEVER wanted Geno OR thought he ever had a chance.

Also I'm not the only one who thinks this considering how shows that Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo are pretty much universally high up on every poll while Geno is barely anywhere to be seen.

THIS IS LITERALLY THE EXACT SAME SHIT EVERYONE SAID AGAINST BANJO AND NOW EVERYONE IS SAYING IT IN FAVOR OF HIM
STOP MOVING YOUR FUCKING GOAL POSTS
ROSTERFAGS NEED TO BE EUTHANIZED
I HOPE EDELGARD AND SYLUX GET IN TO SHIT ON ALL OF YOU

But we got Ropuremon

Attached: ropuremon.png (1280x738, 1.3M)

>:THIS IS LITERALLY THE EXACT SAME SHIT EVERYONE SAID AGAINST BANJO AND NOW EVERYONE IS SAYING IT IN FAVOR OF HIM
>STOP MOVING YOUR FUCKING GOAL POSTS
based retard, I always thought Banjo was going to get in BECAUSE he was tied to Rare, but beyond that I don't see it happening

you aren't all of Yea Forums
a lot of faggots on Yea Forums used this as the very reason why banjo would NEVER EVER get in all while shilling minecock steve
newsflash, all of you don't deserve any of your characters or sakurai's hard work

Banjo is absolute shit, Cereal Box shitters have no place in Smash

> B-but he was muh childhood!
He didn't even do shit back then, Crash, Spyro and even Gex outsold Banjoke.

Can't believe you fucks actually harrased people at Mojang and pestered Rare for years just to get your autism bear in.

Attached: Cereal.png (1920x1080, 2.42M)

Reddit has good taste then

Attached: 1542565019241.png (1413x757, 184K)

PREDALIEN IN SMASH WHEN?

I kind of have learned to immediately take the opposing side of authors when they decide to write their disliked views as stinky guys.

checked and based

Attached: 9k=.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Didn't someone make a Banjo version of this?

yes

Attached: 5mash wishlist_for DLC or every successive entry.png (2816x1516, 3.93M)

Needs Banjo with Ridley and K. Rool.

Yes. If he gets in, the game will be complete for me. Anything else that gets added will be just a bonus. The only other character that I would unironically want but I know is pretty much impossible she gets in is Ulala from Space Channel 5.

Attached: 1556772607560.png (579x663, 149K)

yeah, there was
but now he's in and everyone is acting like he was part of the trinity this whole time
i'll never forget how much you fuckers shit on the bear and bird, and now all the shitposting has mysteriously stopped and moved on to other picks because banjo and kazooie made it
you're all just here to stir shit without an end goal beyond spamming the boards with more smash than is necessary. well, fuck you. i don't care who gets in. i didn't shit on anyone else's choices, and i got my duo at long last. geno's fans and, in fact, anyone's fans (yes, even steve fans) shouldn't listen to their whiny detractors. as long as you don't act like a cock over your favorite character, liking them is just fine and doesn't make you a bad person. i hope you all get your chances one day like i did.

Based, I still have a folder of Banjo BTFO images.

Making fun of Banjies was amazing, all the insults, Steveposters, coatallers, fake ballot, that old ass Melee poll where he had 18 votes, Wojak edits, Grant Kirkhope shitting on him and a lot more.

Attached: Banjies.png (767x431, 124K)

Geno is an irrelevant character, who is already a Spirit.

A-am-am I b-based yet guys

Attached: official.png (1216x777, 700K)

>characters new to the series
But this makes sense already, what character was in smash but isn't now? Everyone is in, so there are no old characters left out. Of course the new characters will be new to smash.

WITNESSED