Here's your cyberdemon, bro

>here's your cyberdemon, bro

Attached: Cyberdemon.jpg (1887x1080, 860K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FLcEkkcDUjo
youtube.com/watch?v=VeehdFbb7Fs
youtube.com/watch?v=EBW_R61WGYU
youtube.com/watch?v=irNoHfnLXRM&t=197s
youtube.com/watch?v=FMex4f8cwEY
youtube.com/watch?v=rUrJTP1i8t4
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/3073751
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/2812403
youtube.com/watch?v=WTWyosdkx44
youtube.com/watch?v=xaA5js0Z_mg
en.www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanfall_2
youtube.com/watch?v=m5_rmF1B8Mg
youtube.com/watch?v=35rFqsdlxeg
youtube.com/watch?v=JLQXuytKgz4
youtube.com/watch?v=U5XXhdBnjJk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Perfect

He looks happy, must have eaten a snickers.

kinda cool
always liked the doom 64 looking one best.

What's wrong with it? looks great and faithful to the original

Attached: 1558938718071.jpg (960x960, 74K)

Took em 22 years, but they FINALLY brought back the best design.

I liked the nu doom and the one form doom 3 more but this is fine as well. actually it´s pretty spot on to the original sprites

the new designs are unironcally look

nudoom is great.

i skipped over the titanfall 2 campaign, but i've heard good things about that thing as well. should i check it out?

is this the original doom guy reference?

Good shit. The old nu-Cyberdemon looked like the Bayformers Megatron.

youtube.com/watch?v=FLcEkkcDUjo

>the new Design has Soul
>Demons aren't supposed to have souls
>TFW the 2016 design is soulless and an actual demon

Attached: CyberDemon.jpg (1280x720, 195K)

Between the other callbacks and Daisy being hidden on one of the pics I bet they are going to hard confirm that Doom Slayer is legit Doom Guy. Axe Boy is probably going to be the Night Sentinel Betrayer

Titanfall 2 campaign is pure kino

>when you step on a lego

nudoom cyberdemon was a boss, but this one looks more like a common enemy

Its only like 4 hours long and the boss fights are pretty disappointing but there are 2 levels in particular that are legitimately incredible. The kinda shit that'll make you unironically soi face.

>Comes out of the portal to heaven in a cutscene / cliffhanger during the gameplay trailer

Definitely a miniboss at least, maybe downgraded to common enemy at least

I hope I can fight Nazis in this game

Isn't that the same case with the Spider mastermind? Final boss in both the original and nu-doom(2016) but generic enemy in original doom II and nu-doom(eternal)

Thanks, bro that's just the design I was looking for
It's great but it's also pretty short. If you already have it or can get it for cheap I'd really recommend it
It's about as big as the original sprite, a bit bigger actually by the looks of it

Attached: DOOM is ETERNAL.jpg (800x588, 51K)

thx bois. i tried nu-wolf but really hate how the gunplay feels.

Doom 2 had levels where there were multiple Cyberdemons, all as strong as the original boss was.

Just do that.

He cute.

Hey ogDoomfags what are the best WADs? Also was Sigil any good?

>actual demon
FUCK NO, it looks like a shitty fucking troll from a gay ass cartoon fantasy like World of Warcraft

He looks like the original. Thanks

Yeah, maybe it is a sort of a mini boss or some shit. If it follows doom 2, there will be plenty of these minibosses

It looks so shitty, it just a zerg and terran hybrid from Starcraft.
The armor is exactly like a marine and the face is exactly that of a hydralisk and all the demons have that zerg like armor plating.

This is the real last kino doom.
youtube.com/watch?v=VeehdFbb7Fs

>DOOM 2016 had 16 enemy types
>Eternal has over 40
Goddamn

Let's hope he's just an enemy that appears on some levels.

More demons to kill in over the top ways

Attached: Doom guy face.jpg (550x550, 33K)

looks like they were inspired by that pitbull teeth pic, anyone have it?

Do you guys even understand the soul meme?

Soul = old thing good
Soulless = new thing bad

That user was trying to make a pun by saying since demons aren't supposed to have souls, the new design is technically more demonic than the old design. Not literally.

Sigil's alright, helps if you enjoy a slower dungeon-crawling style. Eviternity is a good recent megawad.

Real talk though but how the hell did they up the quality of these demon designs so much from the 2016 version? I am starting to think that for whatever reason they were afraid to bring the classic designs back to life in the 2016 game but then thought better about it and now have much better looking designs. Even the imps and Manubi look way better and how they should have looked in the 2016 game.

Attached: perfect.gif (386x286, 1.38M)

So far everything in Eternal looks incredible but I'm not sold on the extra lives or the platforming sections. Also I hope invasions are actually fun because I've always loved the concept of invading someone else's game.

My only gripe with Eternal is the retarded HUD

That's pretty much it. I'm sure they were concerned about bringing back Doom to its full force and weren't sure the audience was still there to justify it. Now they're more confident which is why they're upping it.

>Doomguy will never smile at you like a proud dad
Why live

They rage'd it, looks like absolute garbage

Extra lives is simply so when you die it doesn't boot you back to the last save point.

This, so much. I really hope that shit is just for the bullshit streaming thing that Bethesda is doing and it fucks off as far away as possible from the proper version.

fpbp
looks more terrifying and sadistic
the Cyberdemon 2016 looked like a big bug

>I've always loved the concept of invading someone else's game.
I'm not sure but it seems like the Invasion system is more of a side thing like normal multiplayer modes, not something where you invade some random person's world as they're going through the game normally.
Not sure though, I do hope I'm wrong.

Yes thank you, we get the concept of extra lives, there was no confusion about that, it's just that it's a dumb thing to implement in this day and age.

Thank you, id. That's exactly what I wanted.

it looks like a hud that's made for lower resolution. where it's just needlessly large for higher resolutions.

In the original gameplay reveals they invaded a singleplayer game. But who knows if that will be in the final product, could have been a cheeky edit in post.

hopefully you can disable it in the options menu

During the quakecon event they literally said you could invade other peoples campaign. At this e3 they unveiled "Battlemode" which I assumed was just the same concept of a 2 demons vs 1 slayer but in a traditional multiplayer match. I hope Battlemode didn't just straight up replace invasions. Would love to have both.

platforming look kind of cool, though
best part is the strategic use of falmer (armor), gory kills (health) and chain saw (ammo)

I can see on higher difficulties people are planning their kill sequenze more carefully in an arena

heres your zurg bro

Attached: zurg.jpg (640x674, 121K)

Sounds like something you can turn off. Or theres a separate, 1-up free mode for fans that want it.

Okay then, that's probably what I was confused about. Then we get both Invasion and a completely separate multiplayer thing.

>More than 40

I actually feel hyped for a Bethseda game. What the fuck.

>Demons aren't supposed to have souls
You literally fight demons called LOST SOULS breh.

Attached: 1555726838984.gif (500x281, 1.22M)

doom 64 is pure soul even if the mancubus look weird as hell

He cute

>tfw just finished the original Doom for the first time
Man that game aged really well. I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. I get why some people hate 2016 now. The original and 2016 are really different games. The original kind of reminded me of classic RE whereas 2016 was straight up DMC. I actually had to use my pistol in the original a few times to conserve my stronger weapons ammo whereas in 2016 you barely ever run out of ammo for anything because of the chainsaw. Level design philosophy is also completely different as well. I loved all of the traps in the original. Sometimes I would enter a room not suspecting anything and then a wall would drop and like 15 demons would come pouring out. Also the fake level exit was such a great moment. I really missed having "Oh Shit!" moments like that in 2016. 2016 beats the original when it comes down to the combat, however. The way combat flows in 2016 is just so damn fun. Even though the levels were mostly just arena after arena I never got tired of it. I hope Eternal is able to find more of a balance between the two games but I suspect its mainly going to be 2016 with more shit which personally I'm fine with.

Better ?

Attached: PhotoEditor_20190615_214853426.jpg (1091x1024, 697K)

I hope so.

The look of the new game makes me nervous. The HUD looks like shit and there are too many colors

They don't have souls, they ARE souls.

>too many colors

Have you ever played a sonic game?

He looks like Ben Shapiro lmao

Attached: epic[1].jpg (800x450, 29K)

>there are too many colors
kys

>too many colors

Call of Duty ruined this generation.

bethesda shills

Cope, even a broken is right twice a day.

It's id, not Bethesda

*broken cock

*clock

I prefer that they went back to a goatman looking design.

Only not weedy and jewish.

Thanks man, much better than the previous one.

Now if only you can fix Doomguy

I mean not long before release they were even afraid of having colors in Doom 2016. There are pre-release screenshots of brown cacodemons, and people bitched about it enough they made the cacos red/blue/green again. Similarly Doom 2016 originally was going to ship with "Serious" story, but not long before release they released people didn't really give a fuck and made Doomguy reflect that, but they put the lore into the codex or whatever for the people who were interested.

It's a miracle they corrected Doom 2016 as much as they did, but I'm a little worried they'll forget that and try to play Eternal as a straight serious story since they keep saying "Doom universe". Then again with shit like the "Mortally impaired" line I probably shouldn't be concerned.

Attached: 1534211751297.png (722x725, 67K)

My only hope is that I can remove the grapple hook from the super shotgun.

Mouth open like he wants some dick

Classic Turok games had extra lives system and they are still some of the hardest shooters out there, it can be done well.

>Shapiro looks like the quarterback who fucks the hottest cheerleader

Please tell me what you smoke.

Someone make it jiggle and hold up a switch

>portal
Slipgate. Get the script right

Attached: 1560230174893.jpg (500x526, 46K)

>remove one of the best additions
Why in the fuck

>try to play Eternal as a straight serious story

Doomguy fires himself out of a cannon to get to the next area. I don't think you have to worry about that too much.

We know Wolfenstein, Keen and Doomguy are in the same timeline. Is Quake as well?

Its ruins the look.

Autism.

solid response.

I mean, there is a Doom lore that they're following but it's completely self-aware. Daisy is on the cover as well. The fact that they got RIP AND TEAR in the game should show that these guys are just having fun. Wouldn't even surprise me if they recreate the end of Doom 1, with an updated version of this song.
youtube.com/watch?v=EBW_R61WGYU

Attached: 450.png (500x594, 278K)

You need a degree of seriousness though, otherwise you start hating demons less and thinking of them as playmates.

>the new designs are unironcally look

what did he mean by this?

the new game from shinji mikami is also published by bethesda, no?
that's pretty cool too

Attached: 1560171957053.webm (720x720, 2.9M)

All the dumb platforming just makes the game look slow.

How is this better? They just ripp off old doom, wich already was a mediocre design to begin with. How do the UI and the items look so out of place? Its like a bad photoshop

Now play Quake and Arcane Dimensions.

This, holy fuck. Why did they add the climb sections...

im currently playing through doom 2 for the first time and im liking it way more than the first game. i love how stupidly gimmicky the levels are, such as filling a level with explosive barrels or just throwing near endless amounts of enemies to the point that its impossible to kill everyone cause theres virtually not enough ammo in the level

maybe im a masochist idk

they do pull stupidly annoying bs such as needing secrets to complete the level (if its mandatory then it shouldnt be a fucking secret) or having to open a door disguised as a regular wall texture by shooting it, even though you never ever shoot walls to open them so how the fuck could anyone figure that shit out without a guide is beyond me

>thinking of them as playmates.
yeah haha we uh wouldn't want that
haha
But really, at least going by D44M and the initial trailer for Eternal with stuff like demons being mortally impaired and DOOM SLAYER HAS ENTERED THE FACILITY, BFG 100000, Doomguy scaring every human shitless by his mere presence, I think they got a nice balance between serious and humorous.

Attached: C2fXgL8VIAACTMv.jpg (800x450, 60K)

SOUL vs SOULLESS

Attached: 1560201110959.jpg (1694x900, 697K)

Based Hugo Martin salvaging the greatest series on planet earth.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-13 ❄️Esdeath’s Salty Sadism Memes❄️ on Twitter.png (536x643, 476K)

>we want the doom audience

Lucky you there is even secret in Doom 2 that was discovered only in 2019 without cheating.
youtube.com/watch?v=irNoHfnLXRM&t=197s

>thinking of them as playmates

Yeah, I will totally be thinking that as a run a chainsaw straight through a demons face haha.

Had never heard of this guy until Eternal, have no idea how he seemed to find himself being the director for Eternal but thank god for him. This is the type of guy you can see talk for hours about Doom just out of pure love.

Yeah, true.

I hope we get a callback to that song. I abso-fucking-lutely loved the music callbacks in 2016. I liked the soundtrack itself, but the few parts where they'd slip in some old Doom music made me smile. Like their version of Suspense playing when Olivia had a scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=FMex4f8cwEY

youtube.com/watch?v=rUrJTP1i8t4

Goddamn meme-wad get out of here!

>I'm sure they were concerned about bringing back Doom to its full force and weren't sure the audience was still there to justify it.
It's that pretty much. You have a game with a massive legacy to honor, you are bound to thread carefully. Now that they know they aced most of it, they fixed the petty niggles and are going all out for the sequel.

I still like Doom 2016 Cyberdemon. Great setup, bossfight was alright, and it does look intimidating. I can see why people prefer the new design since it clearly looks closer to the original sprite but I think the 2016 look was alright for a one-time boss.

Honestly what were they thinking ?

Nu-cyberdemon has nice toesies. Original cyberdemon has boring robo feet.

>Year One Pass - Access to two campaign add-ons to release within the first year of DOOM Eternal’s launch date. Featuring new perspectives and new ways to play, these standalone stories explore the cataclysmic events that led to earth’s fall against the demons.

They are going to make DLC in way of New Colossus with diversity characters.
Also new Quake is in hands of those swedes.

Attached: 1458988050019.jpg (624x960, 82K)

>Not wanting to play stand-alone story DLCs where you play diversity characters and each DLC ends with you getting torn apart by demons because you're not the Doomguy
Shiggly wiggly.

Post the right pic next time jackass

Attached: nuDemon.jpg (1887x1080, 923K)

Are you retarded or is your taste just this bad. The design of all doom enemies is KINO every one is unique and was mad from clay models made with love and SOUL you can figure out the monster just by looking at its silhouette.

Attached: 51A9EF31E4DE411EA9A850DEB93C1BB0.jpg (1024x903, 70K)

>not wanting to see a towel head being raped by demons

They are going to make sequel where you play as lesbian daughter of Doomguy.

What the fuck? Are you blind?

the classic dooms actually want you to play slow as fuck and it confused the fuck out of me when i first played it with the rep doom has

like doom 2016 really wants you to be rushing in point blank and blowing fuckers away, always advancing. doom and doom 2 want you to play very slowly and deliberately, 90% because of three enemies: shotgun guys, chaingunners, and archviles, who don't care how fast you're going, you're getting shot for either like 25 damage from one of the shotgun guys or basically your entire healthbar in a second from the other two.

not really as much of a problem in doom 1 with two out of three not existing but that game doesn't have the super shotty so you still have to very slowly kill certain things with power weapons being comparatively rare

It's cookie-cutter trash that cares more about fancy set-pieces and cinematic cliches than good level design and clever use of the mechanics. The only time it gets remotely interesting is when you get the ability to control when platforms are appearing beneath you while jumping around something other than a fuckin' hallway but that segment takes maybe %5 of the game then the entire fucking gimmick is never heard of again, nor explained.

You go in a mostly straight line with vritually no deviation at all and participate in your choice of either a shooting gallery or a fat kid playing dodgeball simulator.

Notice the children that praise it use memes like Kino to describe it. That should tell you how shallow it truly is.

>Which audio lines would you like to hear while trudging down this straight hallway?
>Oh by the way we added platforms to these hallways and there's bright colors around the edges of this one
>Here's a single 1 (one) large scale fight in an arena connected by hallways wasn't that epic!?
>WOW BEST EVER MOST KINO SHOOTER EVER!!!

I spent 5 bucks on it and I still feel ripped off because EA dropped server support and the multiplayer is an absolute shitshow as a result.

Attached: VIPER.jpg (600x600, 67K)

>diversity characters.
Bruh let me spell this out for you.

Id software (Doom devs) is in Texas. Machine Games (Wolfenstein devs) is in Sweden. Doom is safe from jews.

Attached: 0c5.png (228x217, 74K)

ahh yes, I remember when I used to press X on my 286's keyboard to perform takedowns on them. Real classic PC FPS action, that was.

I like to imagine the marine from Doom 3 is the Doomslayer's hapless sidekick who can barely keep up, let alone match his skill.

>new Quake is in hands of those swedes
They won't touch it until they are done with Wolfenstein (and that would be Youngblood plus the eventual Wolf 3)

And perhaps they can make a better job than the vodka drinkers from QC.

"Illustrious" Gearbox is also from Texas.

Please please pleeeeeeeease, someone post that Demon bj Webm!!! Or please give the sauce

he's sure got heart though

Marty was the one on E3, I think I only saw Hugo on that Noclip doc for the first time. And by just watching it you could tell he could spend a fucking eternity nerding over the games.

>They are going to make DLC in way of New Colossus with diversity characters.
I played that DLC and it was better than the main game actually, still a pile of fucking shit. FUCK TNC. Also they dont have Quake, they said they were interested if offered.

Well as long as it's just separate stories and not Skyrim bad, then it should be okay.

>EA dropped server support and the multiplayer is an absolute shitshow as a result
literally making things up

it's good. speedy and tight, one of the best controlling FPSes out there, great level design (setpiece heavy but who actually gives a fuck, the setpieces are what make it novel)

definitely worth a play for how often it goes on sale

Attached: 1553976956241.jpg (3000x1687, 1.63M)

Not sure what even happened there. Only a Pain Elemental could press a button?

>classic cyberdemon

literally perfect

doom eternal is gonna be everything 2016 wasnt, and a genuine 9/10 game

>the classic dooms actually want you to play slow as fuck
Have you ever actually played DOOM or are you just shitposting? Classic DOOM was faster than 2016 and rewards aggressive play. It's also still speedrun to this day and people are still setting speed records for it.
Also all of the official expansion wads and community made wads are designed around playing fast and aggressive, even moreso than the base games.

Fuck whoever designed the demons in 2016. They all look like bugs or sea creatures and it's just terrible. Terrible.

Attached: 9f5.gif (488x519, 415K)

>B-but my clay and my kino soul
GTFO, my kid can make better sculpts than that generic 80s shit

>Goddamn meme-wad get out of here!
NEVER

Attached: 1560267306339.jpg (1114x800, 515K)

rule34.paheal.net/post/view/3073751

rule34.paheal.net/post/view/2812403

There are a few different ones. Just search "doom animated" and knock yourself out.

That literally cannot happen because that would mean at some point in hell he fucked another human woman. Which doesn't make sense because he's been in hell for fucking decades.

source?
I genuinely don't believe that. I have the utmost faith in Hugo Martin but I don't have much faith left in id. I consider Doom 2016 a fluke and mediocre at best.

this dude seems awesome. i loved listening to that doc.

Is the Doomslayer even capable of reproduction? Hell, its arguably he's some sort of demon now.

Some of them aren't too bad. Summoners being my favourite new addition.

Attached: REVENANT.png (420x865, 310K)

Doom Slayer is not the Doom Guy from Doom 1&2.

>sea creatures
>terrible
Whats the matter? You scared of the deep?

Attached: Eurypharynx_pelecanoides.jpg (1203x695, 552K)

There is plenty of human women running around in Eternal, also he lived in own space fantasy world.

kek

Attached: 1534373940641.png (2560x1440, 3.83M)

Attached: 1560621476449.jpg (2368x1696, 430K)

>They just ripp off old doom, wich already was a mediocre design to begin with.
They already changed imps and mancubi to look more like their original designs and they straight up brought back the classic cyberdemon and they all look great, seethe more kiddo.

Attached: 1560429147478.jpg (750x737, 521K)

The claim is that the enemies are so agressive and abundant that they warrant an existence.

>yea sure he does just like the crayons he keeps eating.

Attached: eddy_does_not_like_you.jpg (143x255, 9K)

where did all this DOOT originate? devs really love that meme

Some of them are perfect, such as Pinkies and Revenants.

You're wrong and also yore ugleh

Attached: tenor.gif (220x220, 365K)

>EA dropped server support
>EA

Man, I thought I was being self-serving when I told myself "most people who shit on this game have never played it," but now, seeing that extended to "they never even read enough about it," I feel a lot more peace of mind. Now I know that image of you people looking up random posts and regurgitating shit you have no firsthand knowledge of isn't just a product of my own vindictiveness; it's actually a grounded fact of reality that you're an attention hungry retard with no opinion of his own who's desperate for (you)s because you're too bored and/or depressed to really be engaged by or interested in anything, leading you to shit on things you don't know anything about in hopes of riling people up for negative attention, because God knows you'll never get any positive attention for as long as you miserably continue to draw breath.

Man, you people are a whole new breed of bullshit spewers on par with anti-vaxxers. What a fucking farce you all are.
Now, type your little mindless cookie-cutter "lol seethe/lol dilate/lol umadXD/lol go back to [other website]" response and we can part ways

Attached: The Neverending Steve-O.jpg (720x545, 247K)

less fuckable than doom 2016 d e s u

Wow, is this official art?

>Classic DOOM was faster than 2016 and rewards aggressive play
footspeed wise sure, otherwise, nah. i've completed both on UV and did a good chunk of it pistol start.

there are a ton of maps where despite your stupid fast movespeed you have to very slowly clear things out. Again, especially when they decide to use zombie guys liberally, because then dodging and going fast means literally fucking nothing and they'll just tear through your entire healthbar while you're trying to charge in like a hero. They're trap heavy, will eagerly punish you with an unwinnable situation for going the wrong way at the start of an open-ended map, and like to throw in situations like starting you off with nothing but the single shotgun and forcing you to take down 8 cacodemons without a lot of room to work with. Even if you don't have trouble dodging them that's going to be long and slow.

There are a lot of times where you can just run past enemies as fast as possible which often keeps the pace better and is more fun, but that never felt right to me in a shooter, much less doom where you have the kill% thing and it has this legendary rep of being about killing everything as quickly as you can.

Attached: 1560207177836.png (2048x1152, 3.65M)

BASED uglehposter

Attached: 1556630636740.png (432x395, 242K)

....The human race is literally on the brink of extinction and the only thing he cared about was shoving his BFG far up Satan's uretha and pulling the trigger.

I just smoked him in the 2nd ep.

Night sentinels don't fuck around it seems. I wonder if those creatures they control became demons when they got absorbed into hell.

>Shadman
Oh, fuck.

Attached: 1549216519331.gif (250x162, 458K)

youtube.com/watch?v=WTWyosdkx44
This old video. Went viral, eventually people started using it on the revenants, id has a sense of humor so they embraced it. They have a few references to popular gifs or images related to Doom, like this gif which is recreated in the multiplayer.

Attached: AJ6TEaV.gif (512x321, 1.73M)

Attached: 1560172425968.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

Are the sentinels cheering for him or against him? I'd wager the former if their behavior from the end of DOOM 2016 was any indication.

Kinda wish Id would rerelease original doom with high quality images of original clay models etc

nothing wrong with happy sex with a m/dilf bro

Any idea on what the Maurader could be? Also,
>BRAIN FUCK
Hah.

tfw they remake Plutonia

Attached: 1560351783013.jpg (530x528, 41K)

Yep, that was the only acceptable victory taunt.

>loves BFG so much be becomes the BFG
this fucking game

So I guess it's canon now that Doom Slayer's true name is William Joseph Blazkowicz III. A.k.a. Billy Blaze.

Attached: l-18354-be-careful-who-you-call-ugly-in-middle-school.jpg (1400x874, 282K)

Either the Betrayer's body while his spirit is on the Night Sentinel's throne, or it is his son who is retconned into being the Marauder instead of the Icon of Sin.

Attached: NUMBER ONE.jpg (512x512, 15K)

>Guy with the helmet that looks like Shovel Knight doing a Well, what is it pose

FUCK NO. ITS PURE PTSD FUEL

FUCK EVERYTHING, FUCK YOU FOR REMINDING ME, FUCK MYSELF FOR PLAYING IT

Attached: 1545966744755.jpg (608x483, 44K)

God damn I never realized how much I want to RIP AND TEAR with a platoon of night sentinels til I saw that pic.

>They specifically reintroduce chaingunners again

Attached: AAAAA.jpg (500x508, 26K)

>Doom Eternal's expanded platforming is bringing back Doomguy's platforming skills as a child
>His double jump boots from 2016 will become pogo-boots in Eternal
Deepest lore

I think he's talking about what fetish he'd represent on that particular image. I'm hard pressed: most of the repulsive shit I'm aware of that isn't totally obscure is already on there. Dick nipples maybe?

tfw archvile maze in hd

Attached: 349.png (400x400, 19K)

what's plutonia

NO
NO
PLEASE NO

Attached: JOBBB.jpg (890x1308, 194K)

Look like robots to me. Dunno if the pic is official though

dont forget the arch viles too

How do you mess it up that badly.

Attached: 20181107131523_1.jpg (1920x1080, 414K)

Attached: 1539675468214.jpg (1920x1080, 1M)

Anyone else finds this whole doom slayer angle cringy? It all feels like it's been written by an edgy teenager "ooooohhhhh you're the most badass doom slayer, you're the chosen one ooooohhhhh" just shut the fuck up, say there are demons that need to be killed and leave it at that

MOTHERFUCKER THERE WERE GODDAMN PAR TIME FOR EACH LEVEL

HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU?

The Marauder is already NTR on the image though.

No, really, I'm curious about the Maurader. I suppose he's going to be an enemy, perhaps a recurring boss who plays like the Slayer.

its fun

They're supposedly going to answer it in this game, I'm going to be mad disappointed if doomguy 2016 is actually from argent d'nur and didn't just show up there as a foreigner and become their hero.

Doomguy being doom 1/2/64 doomguy was actually an utterly genius take and the point where I heard that was what they were doing was where I started getting interested in the game.

The way Doom handled its story felt EXACTLY like an old FPS hero coming back after a long time under to see people making the same retard-ass mistakes and being utterly unwilling to deal with it anymore. Doomguy in 2016 FELT like he'd seen this all before, the UAC trying to tap into hell and fucking Earth over, the corporate apologism, all of the bullshit. It was fantastic and refreshing at a point where I felt like I'd seen everything a shooter campaign could do.

What’s wrong with it?

>Compared to TNT: Evilution, The Plutonia Experiment is considered much more difficult due to the influx of strong opposition in the earlier levels, massive amounts of said enemies in the later stages, especially on the Ultra-Violence difficulty, and level designs and effects that were against the regular norm (such as usage of invisible bridges). According to sources, the Casali brothers intended to make The Plutonia Experiment harder than the usual Doom fare in order to challenge already battle-hardened players.

Holy shit now I WANT this just to see Yea Forums go nuclear. Hugo you fucking madlad.

Attached: 38bbb4735f983079cf6ce3487d9e15cf.jpg (564x783, 75K)

It's one of the two episodes in Final Doom. If a paid wad wasn't notorious enough for the fans, Plutonia has a reputation for being a chaingunner spamfest, making some maps fucking vietnam levels of stressful.
It's not terrible but it didn't earn it's infamy for nothing.

I have no idea who's in charge of this game, I know it's mobile trash either way, but they better respect the fact that they're dealing with a young Doomguy. I've seen a lot of posts on how this works into the lore and I'll be angry if they just say "this isn't doomguy"

Attached: 1560251037074.jpg (400x404, 128K)

>that interview where he said him and most of Id are huge Texan gun nuts

Amazing

Attached: 1550167679730.jpg (5654x2763, 2.1M)

Ah shit you're right
I personally think he's just a demon who got obsessed with the idea of fighting doomguy hence why he dresses up like him. basically an obsessive fanboi demon.

Doom Slayer leader of the night sentinels

Might look a bit wonky considering the game graphics with 3d clay models might make it an eye sour

OH MY GOOD, DOOM ETERNAL!!
RIP AND TEAR

Attached: 1558753200752.jpg (1024x683, 53K)

Ben Shapiro looks like one of the nerd from the bazinga sitcom

>They just ripp off old doom, wich already was a mediocre design to begin with.
This, holy shit

Attached: 1557282242107.jpg (913x1024, 84K)

THEY'RE SUPOOSED TO BE DEMONS YOU RETARD

Attached: 1447386842168.png (283x244, 103K)

Honestly wouldn't be a bad design for another demon type. It would even make sense in lore because Doomguy already killed the real cyberdemons, so D44M's UAC just revived a random demon and slapped parts to it.

Honestly, the art style isn't the worst thing ever and I can get behind it. It's the slow ass gameplay I am worried about. Also did anyone catch the interview with Romero on modern wolf and doom?

>shadman
Sneaky.

Attached: 043.png (449x401, 222K)

I think they should just say this isn't doomguy to be frank

i've always thought doomguy worked better on his own and making him BJ's distant relative was kind of awkward in the grand scheme of things. The beauty of Doomguy is that he starts this nobody marine who gets shitcanned to mars for punching an officer out and winds up this demonslaying force of nature, not being the great-grandson of the guy that single handedly beat the nazis.

It feels too forced, I really like DOOM 16 and DOOM Eternal will probably be fun too but I miss the simplicity of just killing demons because they are evil without all the unnecessary crap

They went too far in a few places with all the arcadey shit.

>Everything I hate is reddit
buzz off.

And most demons as described by religion boils down to "human but..."

I unironically prefer the latter by a significant margin

the only thing the classic cyberdemon has going for it is "it's the classic cyberdemon"

Absolute shit taste.

user, no
You know better.

Attached: let him rot.png (300x300, 8K)

The literal MC of the game rips Mr. Exposition's speakers ten seconds after the game starts and you still find room to complain, fuck

>mfw zoomers are complaining about doomguy's grunting

Attached: bca.jpg (255x220, 7K)

getting par time and killing everything would require you to have ridiculous-tier map knowledge in advance.

I'm talking blind runs, senpai.

The only thing that needs to improve is the body mass. He needs to have more muscle. Other than that, it's an almost perfect recreation.

Doom 4 was always veering into 2serious4me Call of Doomy before the course correction into 2016.

He's fuckin' beautiful, that's what he is.

Attached: 1560192634028.jpg (1440x1530, 607K)

looks great, thanks man

THANK YOUUUUUUUU!!!

Ranged weapon user
>Cannot see in front of him

I liked the new design
it was different but not bad

>Honestly, the art style isn't the worst thing ever
I can agree with this. Yeah it's very cereal box mascot but at least it's not family guy level of animation. It's just the gameplay itself that's the issue.
>Also did anyone catch the interview with Romero on modern wolf and doom?
You mean the one where he also talks about this new Keen game? Yeah, seems excited for Eternal, seems to like the MachineGame Wolfenstein, but this Keen game looked liked it hurt.
Like I said, there were previous threads of basically fan fiction and I kinda started to dig the concept. At first I was like that, Doomguy has no known backstory outside of punching a commanding officer and sent to Mars as punishment, with BJ's family relation being just a fun fact than having any real consequence.
But then, as I stewed in hatred for Keen coming back as a mobile game, I started to like the idea of him and his sister going on an adventure only for something in their future to go horribly wrong, Billy going into the marines and fully turning into Doomguy.
It's very much fan fiction at this point but I kind of like it.

Attached: e32019-bethesda-commander-keen-screenshot-4-1560129169152_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

holy shit I really hope this is the case. fuck bosses in fps games

And I'm fine with that, I really don't mind some plot but I just want to be a guy with a gun, not some chosen one, maybe even that could work if it wasn't so forced

>It would even make sense in lore because Doomguy already killed the real cyberdemons
Is the old Doom games confirmed for being related to Doom 2016? because if its not then, well then its not

Attached: 1555741916975.gif (200x300, 994K)

HECK YEA, ARENAS WITH NO THOUGHT PUT IN THEM, TERRIBLE HUD, AWFUL COLOURS, 6 MAX DEMONS AT A TIME AND BRUTAL TAKEDOWNS
NOW THAT'S HOW YOU MAKE A DOOM GAME

Attached: 1544516295514.jpg (1154x1062, 130K)

Its the same guy in a different dimension.

Why the fuck is Doomguy so fast and strong in Doom 2016? In Doom 3, it felt completely different.

I seriously don't understand what the fuck they were thinking. it looks alright as some alien monster, but we're talking about the cyberdemon, one of the most iconic enemies in gaming history

>not some chosen one
Doomguy isn't really some chosen one or anything. If anything, he's the guy that fucks everyone's plans because he does whatever he wants. He's the unstoppable force of this world.
Samuel wants this? Fuck that shit.
Olivia wants this? Fuck that shit.
Demons want this? Double fuck that shit.

I love how Doom Eternal looks at a glance but everything about the game gives me this vibe of them trying way too hard and I'm extremely worried about it.

>The cutscenes hammering in "why yes, the doom slayer IS that badass!"
>The suddenly extremely visually messy HUD
>Doomguy making extremely loud and deep caveman grunts whenever he takes damage
>All of the guns being weird mythological vaguely overdesigned helltech instead of simple and cool UAC guns
>Doomguy looking more like an action figure than ever with predator shit and a giant arm blade
>all the talk of a DOOM UNIVERSE and THE ULTIMATE POWER FANTASY

It all feels like they're going to go too far and get really obnoxious with the doomslayer shit when 2016's strength was that it was almost subdued in how it knew what the player wanted. It didn't flex too hard, it was just like "we know what you're here for, so here it is. Lore on the side if you want it."

They're 2 different people.

Could work if he comes back as the regular lesser cyberdemons you fight after killing the real one

if you dont like the new doom why are you in the thread

>big blobfish head
>pig nose
>looks like a half-formed Orc
>horns are fucking huge and look weird on his head
>got metal bits under his skin bits like they pulled pig skin over the added plating

Attached: yG3G2ko.png (1011x874, 465K)

>Is the old Doom games confirmed for being related to Doom 2016?
Doom Slayer has Daisy's foot in Quake Champions.

>he thinks demons aim with their aim
They aim with their souls.

the cyberdemon in doom 2016 was more fun to fight than any of the cyberdemons in the originals ever were.

I mean I don't hate it, I just strongly prefer the new cyberdemon, hopefully that one is just a variant of the new one we fought.

Attached: 1499054954706.jpg (1169x951, 710K)

Probably one of the best fps campaigns. It's short and to the point. It's got some pretty expected plot points but it's worth it.

only because they clearly didnt have anyone worth two shits in design and nobody knew any better at the time

What do we think of Doom Eternal anyway? Do I like it?

nuCyberdemon looks like a dumb Blizzshit monster with moose horns, classic looks like a BADASS cyborg minotaur

Attached: 1446083779331.jpg (500x502, 256K)

I agree, but I think both suck as fights

Attached: 1559210295480.jpg (1260x1680, 299K)

If Doomguy is not Doom Slayer then who is this?

Attached: D8swD4aV4AEJutx.jpg (184x190, 8K)

Wait what, he’s not that big. Is this a special variant?

youtube.com/watch?v=xaA5js0Z_mg

Attached: 1529711916970.jpg (1080x615, 72K)

I genuinely don't understand why people complain about it, it always looked very cool to me. People pretend it looks "like an alien" like it means a fucking thing and isn't just something they say to justify sheep mentality.

Just a regular rabbit.

en.www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanfall_2

EA publishes it, you fucking worthless shills.

Explain why the matchmaking doesn't work on extremely fast internet then. EVER.

Explain why there are several threads on several websites begging EA to give support back Titanfall 2.

I am sick of you brain-dead corporate cocksucking slaves misleading people into buying dogshit and perpetuating the stagnation of the industry.
YOU HAVE FUCKING TERRIBLE GARBAGE TASTE AND YOU ARE INVESTIGATING IN A SCAM

I WILL NOT LET YOUR KIND DESTROY MY HOBBY WITH LIES

FUCK

OFF

SHILLS

Now move your goalposts, swine.

Attached: IMG_20190615_173952.jpg (2592x1944, 2.04M)

I don't get that impression at all. Eternal looks more like a game where everyone working on it is having a fuckton of fun making it. It looks so colorful and soulful.

cyberdemon in 2016 actually looks like a threatening alien, and the way he's been experimenting on and armored up makes him look like some kind of demon counterpart to doomguy. Horns almost look like a crown.

The old cyberdemon looks kinda goofy. Nothing wrong with goofy inherently, but I like the '16 look.

So not confirmed then, those are references by the sound and looks of it, sillies.
So Slayer did not already kill the "real cyberdemons" and would make sense in the new lore.

Attached: 1477334605668.gif (512x512, 2.46M)

I like this design better. What i really hope is that he's not another scripted arena boss and can be anywhere.

Ah, I thought you were talking about doom

That's just fanart.

>explain why the matchmaking doesn't work on extremely fast internet then, ever.

People don't play it.

That's literally it. That's the extent of it. People are shit and they're easily intimidated by games with heavy movement mechanics, so the second they get stomped they sulk on back to silver CS:GO.

You're a moron.

To me it seemed like the Quake 1 universe humanity was almost in kind of technological dark age, Everything is all rustic and beat up like humanity has regressed quite a bit compared, I like to think that quake happened during a great depression and possibly some ecological disasters as well, Shaking up the world order and paving the way for the formation of the UAC.

>your average nudoom fan

youtube.com/watch?v=m5_rmF1B8Mg

Attached: mpv-shot0010.jpg (1920x1080, 207K)

What the fuck will it take to convince you retards that Doomguy and Doom Slayer ARE THE SAME FUCKING PERSON?

Zdoom Wars + colorful hell. All you need as far as gameplay goes.

I'm saying it looks like they're going too far with that.

It's the same fucking guy. How many hints do they have to give you?

did you even read my post? I said it looks alright, but it doesn't look like the cyberdemon

Jesus christ i fucking hate weebs

Reminder that nudoom is closer to Serious Sam than Doom.
Keep sucking on that corporate dick.

youtube.com/watch?v=35rFqsdlxeg

There are two species of cyberdemon balgaar and cow head

>stop having fun
bite me

That's not what "soul" means, please don't speak about things you know nothing about.

>Big horned humanoid demon with arm cannon and robot leg doesn't look like another big horned humanoid demon with arm cannon and robot leg

>So Slayer did not already kill the "real cyberdemons"
He did, as "the demon lord that later would become the Cyberdemon because the UAC are a bunch of idiots."

Read the in-game Codex.

Evilution and Master Levels were pretty tame right? or they were cruel ball busters like Thy Flesh Consumed or Plutonia?
it's been a while since i played those

Attached: 47df4d10effa1f291e60404a1d962f4f[1].jpg (640x640, 57K)

Wasn't there an autist in ever nu-doom thread saying that Serious Sam was the evolution of Doom shooters?

t. Has never read a single religious text

You have no fucking idea what you are talking about and I implore you to go actually research demons before ever saying something that fucking retarded ever again.

Attached: bael-5175.jpg (641x800, 179K)

correct. what's your point?

Nothing short of the game or developers just flat out stating it will convince these retards. Don't even bother.

Actually, even the devs flat out stating it probably wouldn't be enough because Quake Champions essentially did just that yet the morons go "N-NOT CANON".

Nothing smashes balls like Plutonia, so you should be fine.

Attached: Favorite Doom Game.jpg (1024x633, 128K)

id version of the Carnival Phantasm OP when?

youtube.com/watch?v=JLQXuytKgz4
Hopefully we'll get more silly animations.

Keyword: Most. I know about Bael and the others you are probably going to bring up.

Nobody is going to take your classic Doom wads away, faggot. Go away.

>nudoom is closer to serious sam than doom
not at all.

Every serious sam game is basically just a tower defense game where you have to manage your resources to play keep away with enemies in a wide open usually flat arena. Doom 2016's arenas are usually pretty vertical, there are less enemies but they do individually more damage, and you're encouraged to get in their faces when you're open to do so because the super shotgun is so absurdly good and the chainsaw is an instant kill/regens your ammo.

Nah man. I actually love what id did to try and fix the multiplayer in 2016.

If wasn't for freeze tag and infernal run, it would be my standard go to multiplayer. It feels more like quake than doom though.

Why are you saying it looks better? It looks okay,but I wouldnt say better. Are you so desperate to cling to the happiness you felt as a child whose sense in design thought that a paper airplane you bought in a novelty store looked like a fighter jet? do you think your grandparents screamed in rage when chocolate and sliced bread was invented? The 2016 Cyberdemon is awesome dudes.

Attached: 1466462671878.jpg (368x381, 53K)

RIP AND TEAR BROS

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-06-06 23-25-04.png (611x116, 16K)

what a stretch

>>The cutscenes hammering in "why yes, the doom slayer IS that badass!"
I feel weird about this because on one hand I like the cutscenes but on the other its not something that really happened in the earlier games
>>The suddenly extremely visually messy HUD
I hate this too, it may be nostalgia talking but I adore the original game's HUD and I tend to dislike when mods change it with a few exceptions like Demonsteele and High Noon Drifter.
>>Doomguy making extremely loud and deep caveman grunts whenever he takes damage
I actually like this and am glad it's being brought back, fps grunts for taking damage and jumping have always been something I have a strange love for.
>>All of the guns being weird mythological vaguely overdesigned helltech instead of simple and cool UAC guns
Sort of agree, most of the weapons look fine and I like how in 2016 it helped to contrast between the other weapons and the SSG, made it seem cooler imo.
>>Doomguy looking more like an action figure than ever with predator shit and a giant arm blade
This is fine I feel, since most of it is used in gameplay, though it is sort of goofy, but it's cool I think
>>all the talk of a DOOM UNIVERSE and THE ULTIMATE POWER FANTASY
God, this especially worries me. I liked the fact that Doomguy, Keen, and Blascowikz were all related since it makes Doomguy the next in a bloodline of cool protags, which I love in any work like Castlevania or JJBA, but I really don't want it to take a huge center thing to combine multiple franchises since then it makes them all become homogenous and lose a lot of identity. Hopefully it doesn't go that way, seeing as they haven't done much in that way yet.

Found this timeline. Hard to say if it's just fan theory at this point, specially since it doesn't go as deep as placing Keen. So BJ and Ranger would be around the same time, with about 50 years before UAC is in full force for Doom 1.

I enjoy plutonia because it's the only official wad that puts up a fight once you've played a lot of user wads. Only ep4 and sigil come close. Plutonia isn't even very challenging compared to a lot of user wads.

Attached: 1548283631173.jpg (1080x1266, 85K)

>Shadman

Attached: mh.png (493x276, 37K)

>The 2016 Cyberdemon is awesome dudes.
on its own merits, somewhat, but i was only barely able to recognize it as a cyberdemon. Maybe it's the horn shape, maybe it's the only partial cybernetics on the dead foot, maybe it's the pale green chitin plates, but nu-cybie only ever covered the bare basic check mars for what constitutes the cyber demon. He was a fun fight, and I enjoy him on his own merits, but he's even less faithful than D3's cyberdemon.

That you have autism

>What the fuck will it take to convince you retards that Doomguy and Doom Slayer ARE THE SAME FUCKING PERSON?
Because they're literally fucking not? They're only references dudes. just as the third guy said, until the devs say so, he is NOT.
What's the big deal about it anyways, nostalgia goggles grafted into the skin? Slayer being his own man is cool too, let the old doomguy rek demons in his own game, god damn.

TITANFALL 2 IS A BY-THE-BOOK CARBON-COPY COOKIE-CUTTER COPY-PASTE CINEMATIC SHOOTER

YOU HAVE SHIT TASTE AND ARE MISLEADING PEOPLE BY THINKING ANYONE WHO ENJOYED DOOM 2016 WOULD ENJOY THAT GARBAGE

FUCK

OFF

SLAVE

Attached: ap,550x550,12x16,1,transparent,t.u1.png (413x549, 113K)

>Sounds like something you can turn off.
like that retarded trip you flaming faglord

Ah okay. My apologies.

>nice and clean design with simple yet effective flair
It's great, looking forward to eternal

Zoomer retard doesn't know his lore yet thinks his opinion matters.

News at 11.

No problem buddy, have fun.

>he's sure got heart

Attached: 2350086421.jpg (1024x768, 77K)

>any monster can be a cyberdemon if it had a arm cannon, horns and robot legs
sorry for having standards

the lore describes of the events of most of the games as the doom slayers back story. Quake Champions explicitly said it was the same guy. I think ID software said Quake Champions was canon, but I could be wrong

>Cyberden
>Go 2 it
YES

Attached: 1560232471131.jpg (512x359, 43K)

According to Quake Champions, Ranger was a Vietnam veteran before Q1 and that a crazy scientist sabotaged the Slipgates to let Shubby in (and when that failed, he legged it to the URSS and helped them to create Visor). Anarki and Slash came from that timeline too, but already in the '90s.

Extra trivia: Keel came from a timeline where Slipgate traveling did not end in disaster for Mankind, but then it attracted the attention of Klesk's race.

Attached: Ranger's family photo.png (739x597, 303K)

but only one of them has robot legs you dumb fuck

>Hopefully it doesn't go that way, seeing as they haven't done much in that way yet.
I think they'll safely keep away from each other, outside of small references that are closer to easter eggs than anything else. Specially since if one protagonist is alive, the other ones aren't. The whole timeline thing of the id family tree is more of an internal thing just for fun. Nothing necessarily set in stone since all the dates are rather vague, just a basic timeline of this being one singular universe.
Nazis took over, BJ kicked their ass, the whole twins business which I'm not sure how they'll handle it, they should have a brother which would be Arthur Blaze, Keen's dad, then there's Keen and after that Doomguy.

Attached: 1538845103915.jpg (301x490, 26K)

>tfw they don’t actually rip or tear
>just explode

I feel like the protags being connected isn't really the case anymore since Id is it handling doom themselves now

>muh doomguy grunts so distracting
Fuck off it's great, if it's so distracting then maybe it'll motivate you to not get hit. If anything I hope you can disable the BWEEP BWEEP LOW HEALTH RED SCREEN shit, I can look at my health bar goddammit.

Attached: 1472692183883.png (956x860, 160K)

do you actually have autism irl?

wat

Attached: 1547913873504.gif (356x200, 3.31M)

are retards actually saying this? he grunts like crazy in 1&2 and that was absolutely fine

That would definitely restrict quake to being part of a timeline without the Wolfenstein TNO divergence, BJ Likely ended up with a different woman who gave birth to keen's father in a less chaotic timeline.

THEY. ARE. THE. SAME. FUCKING. PERSON.

HOLY. HUMAN. SHIT.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-13 Doom Daisy - Google Search.png (655x454, 97K)

It's sorta like what happened in Half-Life 2, the main character went from an unremarkable everyman to a biblical force of nature. What makes it feel odd is that the world is acknowledging his feats, rather than the endless slaughter just being another day on the job.

ya this is actually cod gameplay

a franchise which is now bragging about having no interesting movement mechanics because normans hate mobility

Attached: grapple double take.webm (800x450, 2.95M)

Yeah, I like him better as a “super enemy” than a one off boss fight.

Looks about right

Maybe but their franchises are under Bethesda, just different devs working on them.
It's not like anything is lost if they do. Again, this is just an internal thing. The most id will reference it's own past is either an easter egg or a plot point that refers back to Doom 1. There won't be a cutscene of Doomguy crying over a Keen helmet or Doomguy holding a letter from BJ saying "I'm your great grand-father. Remember kid, if you ever see bad stuff around you, rip and tear."

Keen is supposed to have pure white skin.

because him being the same guy is literally why he was so cool in 2016.

doomguy acts like he's seen all this happen before and he knows how to handle it in advance. He works the UAC's computers like he's done it before. He throws away Hayden's monitor because he's heard the "dude but like, progress lmao" spiel before.

Doomguy is a stand-in for the player having done all this shit before and being here for ultimately one thing, to kill demons as quickly and violently as possible. That's why him being the original doomguy and not some random shitter space-warrior from an alternate dimension the player has no relation to works so well.

COD's mobility options were never even close to TF2's though. It was essentially just slow ass wall-running and a short jetpack.

i was being ironic

why did they feel the need to make the enemies look MORE like the original sprites? doom eternal seems like its trying way too hard to pander to the WAD boomers who don't like nudoom.

Wasn't Keen's skin just a limitation's issue? He's a smart wizz kid, I'm sure he found a solution.

That's right, meanwhile ZOOM was forgotten in a month because of no proper mod tools and Eternal won't be any different. Enjoy your platforming console shooter and don't forget to pre order for that revenant skin.

because they look better and most people seem to think that. they're not pandering to a minority, they're giving fans what they want

i don't know if that's entirely true

I'd rather fuck the one on the right desu

>you're sucking corporate dick if you play video games
explain pirating then, you retard

i dunno i just think it cheapens the game by trying to be like the originals when it does fine as its own game.

Based rabbit

Doomguy is wielding Happy sex and Childhood friend

They are holding banners with the symbol on his helmet. They are "totally "calling for his head on a spike.

>when it does fine as its own game

it doesnt, though

the 2016 monster designs were trash compared to original

changing things for the sake of changing them is inherently bad usually

>hayden campaign

Attached: 129791361347.png (600x615, 290K)

I said "seem" became I can't really be 100% sure, I'm just talking from what I've read online
they are adding several new enemies anyways, so both parties will get what they want. it seems like it will be a mixed bag of reimagining and completely new stuff

>making DOOM look more like DOOM is a bad thing
2016 was a decent game but I've always thought the designs sucked sweaty taint and I'm incredibly happy that they're taking shit from classic Doom

Attached: 1520854199308.png (1228x1150, 191K)

Deep sea creatures and bugs are literally the closest thing to demons that actually exist

there isnt going to be any new quake

When they designed the map, they put the secret trigger too low. You could always get to the secret, but it would never register as completed.
The Pain Elemental pushes you down through the floor so you can reach that trigger.

Okay, the idea of doomguy making noises for taking damage / power ups I can live with, but they need to change the way he sounds. Like instead of making vocal gestures he needs to make borderline animalistic growls and heavy breathing. Something that expresses pure rage.

That's the BERZERK rabbit user.

Why?

the best sequels are the ones that pay respect to the old school while offering their own spin. The designs were good for what doom 2016 is.

I'm pretty sure old school doomers wouldn't have been happy with doom 2016 unless it were literally a wad.

>TNO!Ranger is a nutjob who hunts nazi supporters with explosives and the kraut equivalent of Home Depot.
Yay or nay?

That couldn't have been on purpose, right?

>because him being the same guy is literally why he was so cool in 2016
Maybe to you but not to me, I saw him as a determined, Strong guy who simply wanted to tear the demons a new one, and succeeded/was succeeding.
>doomguy acts like he's seen all this happen before and he knows how to handle it in advance.
Because he has, he was wreaking havoc in Hell for who knows how long before the demons brought a temple down on his head, the UAC tech interfaces are very similar to the interfaces in his helmet so it probably isn't much different from the tech from his homeworld plus he, the demons and angels seem well versed in english so I am sure they're not all different, more so for the angels who Slayer is obviously acquainted with seeing as they have tech similar to the UAC.
>That's why him being the original doomguy and not some random shitter space-warrior from an alternate dimension the player has no relation to works so well.
But he is literally just that, you imply that the majority of players are familiar with the older games, he is someone new and awesome for new fans and a gateway to maybe take a look at the old games.

So he's Soldier?

Attached: f63.png (680x517, 379K)

Well yeah, id is in Mesquite Texas up near Dallas. The only people in Texas that don't like guns are Austin and some parts of Houston.

Attached: jYzKJGC.jpg (4006x1864, 916K)

Probably also marries one of BJ's daughters so their children are alpha-chads.

Of course it wasn't. It's a bug.

This I can sort of understand. I don't mind the grunts but he could use some more variety, I'm surprised he doesn't have the heavy breathing sound from OG Doom.

holy shit only now i noticed Daisy is in the pic.
>We gonna have a sad moment when Demons use daisy to distract doomguy
>We gonna see hin hug and caress Daisy before she become some demonic abomination and you have to kill her
>you got a permanent Berserk effect for the rest of the level

I hope they make the ultra-cartoony pickups togglable like they did with centered weapons. I love the original game, but the new one doesn't need to look just like it, it feels like pandering when they just remake the 1993 assets in 3D.

Its fine art vs production art you kissless virgin.

I just feel the current grunts they have right now don't live up to the image of the "local man too angry to die" that many see him as. They sound too human I guess.

I think the problem is he has no stomach. make his torso slightly taller. like jeeze theres no space sbetween his ribs and his crotch

They were remade for visibility sake. All of Doom 4's pickups looked the same.

Early gaming was basically an excuse to troll the players. Had to make sure.

Perfect.

Bayformers Megatron shit.

Attached: Banderas.webm (1280x720, 575K)

It's also weird because isn't Keen supposed to be his grandfather? Also doesn't Doom take place in the 2100's?

I want a blond Baroness gf

Attached: 1552132889096.jpg (472x297, 124K)

I think they're going to go for a recreation of the Doom ending. That way it both shows Daisy but not to the point where new players will go "doomguy's a pussy for caring about a bunny"
My guess is angels or whatever they are will show a sort of flashback of Doomguy's past, including starting out peaceful, happy music, little bunny jumping around.
Music grows darker as it pans to a city on fire and a rabbit's head, Daisy, on a spike. Doomguy goes beserker on Heaven.

>Demonic Daisy is tamed by Doomguy and becomes your DOOM doggo you can summon to sick on demons.

>Doom 1
awesome
>Doom 2
Some neat additions but felt the map layouts were shittier and the Hell environments weren't as good as Doom 1. I wouldn't hate Archviles as much if they were in the better layout maps of doom 1 compared to the beginning of arena room doom.
>Doom 64
I have the wad that plays it for gzdoom but haven't played it yet.
>Doom 3
Neat ideas, good Hell levels, STRONGER emphasis on lore, but focused too much to be a horror game than a doom game..
>D44M
Brutal Doom mashed with Doom 3, and thus the arena thing happened with shitty layout but great lore and Hell levels. But upon replaying Doom 1, it just really shows the map layout and characters are key to doom.

Attached: 1472948942271.jpg (1280x1720, 606K)

does anyone else get a Metroid Prime vibe from eternal footage? i never got that feeling from doom 2016 but the e3 footage just gave me some prime flashbacks for some reason

BJ is Doomguy's great-grandfather. Keen is Doomguy's dad.
Also I think Doom is an alternate 90's-2000, with D44M, since Doomguy was fighting hell for eternity and then trapped for so long, might be closer to a hundred years later.

Is possible but
>new players will go "doomguy's a pussy for caring about a bunny
Deserves only mockery soo i would love to see some zoomers saying that shit

>that hierarchy

Bullshit

I'll give them credit, at least the arena design was fun to get around and was still plenty difficult. Doom's enemies are plenty aggressive, they're just not as mobile compared to 2016's.

>I have the wad that plays it for gzdoom but haven't played it yet.
Do it, 64 has incredible level design and god tier atmosphere.

>BJ is Doomguy's great-grandfather. Keen is Doomguy's dad.

Sooo... the kid in this game is Doomguy then?

Attached: 1560160957843.jpg (1381x738, 81K)

Considering the horn placement he can ONLY see forward and down.

Came back to that after the Logo-less version got posted.

Attached: VANILLA OVER ALL - JPG.jpg (2100x1026, 1.03M)

HEY RETARDS. IF THEY'RE DEMONS, WHY DO THEY HAVE CYBERNETIC ATTACHMENTS.

>removing all the good jokes out of the original
SOULLESS

Attached: 1453603483209.jpg (456x337, 29K)

Thank u for high res

>Reading the Data Logs for the Cyberdemon in DOOM

Those dumb fucks deserved everything coming to them.

I really disliked the new mastermind design, it was too high-tech and sleek. What made the original so intimidating was how industrial and crude the design was.

Hey, you aren't the nigger remaking it without the logo are you?

>I didn't play 2016

Classic timeline goes:
>Classic Wolfenstein games and RtCW >> Nazis lost WW2 >> Commander Keen games >> Doom 1/2/64.

In which the Blazco lineage goes:
>BJ >> "Billy Blaze I" >> Keen >> Doomguy.

Now, the TNO timeline goes:
>Wolf '09>>The Old Blood>>Nazis win WW2>>The New Order >> The New Collossus >> Youngblood >> "Wolf3" >> AU of Commander Keen games >> mobile reboot.

And the Blazco dynasty goes:
>BJ >> The female twins (and maybe a little brother) >> Keen >> The twins from the mobile game (the boy may be TNO!Doomguy.)

It's too soon to know how much the extreme anchluss changed the situation, but the similarities were enough to drive the lorefags at Yea Forums bonkers.

Attached: aea.jpg (715x1920, 406K)

Yep. Hence this image

>I really disliked the new mastermind design, it was too high-tech and sleek.
I thought that was because it was a horribly mutated version of Olivia Pierce, who had a high-tech brace grafted to her body because of some disease. I'm sure if a SM shows up in Eternal then it'll look closer to the original design, like the cyberdemon.

Attached: 1546239283263.jpg (686x960, 63K)

Will we ever see allied ai in a doom game or will will be forever solo killer?

Anyone disappointed they didn't add the demon looking back at us? Or is that too played out by now?

desu they should go and make a mix of doom 2016 and doom3. 2016 is all nice for fast shooting and stuff but doom3 had so much more atmosphere. back in the day the hell levels (and hell - delta labs, or whatever they were called, levels later in game) blew me away. in 2016 it's like yeah I'm in hell now and shoot them wooohooo

There was a script leak posted on Yea Forums before E3 that Doom Eternal will have you fight angels because Hayden ascended to Heaven for his contributions to mankind, and Doomguy didn't like that. Didn't believe it until I saw the trailer and it had angels defying Doomguy, Hayden half-destroyed, and Heaven being a setting

I can't find that post, but it makes sense. Take it with a grain of salt

Attached: 1517451362994.png (454x267, 51K)

The rip and tear pose will never not be funny for me. Always makes me smile.

Attached: 532330.jpg (1200x1203, 251K)

How can you rip off your own franchise?

Why wouldn't the demons be able to create their own technology? The main villain of the first Doom was literally a giant brain after all.

They honestly weren't that bad. I think they mostly just took shit from doom 3 and spruced it up a bit for most of the monsters.

>the higher ranking the demon the more human they become

Big Think

Attached: 1534736349686.jpg (5654x2763, 1.9M)

based

that isnt a demon

It shows how demons evolve.

Not a fan of the new hud. They said it was changed for "functional purposes", but I don't remember anyone complaining about the hud in 2016.

Attached: 1545377857582.jpg (1277x1437, 1.45M)

YAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

DOOOOOOOOOMSLAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Those priests are definitely demons

>The designs were good for what doom 2016 is.

no, they werent. the cyberdemon in particular is incredibly uninspired trash

it'd be different if the designs actually were good, but they weren't

>Spider Demon lower than Cyberdemon
Isn't Spider Demon the final boss?

those high ranking priest things are literally angels.

wish they had the guy pulling jibs

Attached: doom god mode.jpg (240x243, 14K)

This isn't the same Doomguy.

Nu-Cybey had a good boss fight atleast. The other two not so much the Mastermind was a bloated boring fight and the Guardians were just awful and boring.

shes so, JAPANESE

The people criticized brown looking generic scifi shit so Id went back to the oldest designs

Attached: HAIL.png (1141x711, 841K)

I do agree that the "dude Doomslayer is so fuckin BADASS" stuff is worrying. Like obviously he is badass considering he kills demons from hell by the dozens, but it feels cringy when there's NPC's cowering in fear from you, like it's pandering.
More like Painkiller really. Neither of which are bad games, btw.

Doom 2016 confirmed its the same guy. Quake Champions reinforced it too

Attached: 1521597183670.jpg (457x440, 31K)

For me, the TNO timeline works great, even if it has to start the doomguy legacy with a mobile game. But it's funny how much this whole thing depends heavily on the people working in Wolfenstein, aka. the ones who made two great games with some flaws, Old Blood and New Order, but also made New Collossus and Youngblood which could completely fuck everything up.

Will snapmaps still be a thing and still be underwhelming as fuck? Will we get a snapmap OG Doom1/2 builder in the snapmap for D55M as well?

>Top 10 photos taken before disaster

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-15 (5) DOOM Eternal – Official E3 Story Trailer - YouTube.png (747x469, 741K)

Hold this, friend.

Attached: cpp9f88zhphz.png (1774x775, 784K)

>Will snapmaps still be a thing
No. The resources that would have went towards snapmap are being used to make dlc episodes instead.

Pretty sure I read that they WANT to allow for actual modding with Eternal but aren't sure whether they'll get there. I don't know about snapmaps.

Snapmap is confirmed scrapped. They said that mod support is a goal, but from their language it doesn't sound like it will ship with it.

We literally have no idea who or what they are yet. Quit spouting assumptions like it's fact.

In the Bible, demons are fallen angels.

Their excuse is likely related to the bullshit streaming thing they showed at E3. The previous hud wouldn't be seen in a 720p screen.
I know devs don't really come here so I hope to high heaven that reddit is making this into a big deal, since that's where devs will actually read complaints. That hud is fucking terrible. Looks like I'm playing a mobile game that ripped off Doom models.

Now thats a well articulated opinion.

I fucked up with the 2016 amount. Its actually a little over 20. Huge said that the Demon count is doubled from what 2016 had so you do the math.

Better than 2016 generic cartoony fantasy alien bugs but still isn't good enough.
They should start ripping off medieval art for some really infernal shit.

Attached: 1521193674885.jpg (840x623, 159K)

>Wasn't Keen's skin just a limitation's issue?
no shit but him having white skin is cannon, it's part of the charm of the games

You have prosopagnosia. Look it up.

That looks pretty shitty.

Attached: BiKzMBxCYAI0KC_.jpg orig.jpg (2007x2048, 115K)

>Their excuse is likely related to the bullshit streaming thing they showed at E3.
Yeah, you're probably right. I believe that and the support for stadia is the main reason they cut out the singleplayer invasion mechanic they showed off during last year's quakecon.

Because the Doom Slayer is the same person as Doomguy from the original games

Agreed. I went from Doom 1 -> 2016 -> Doom 2, did a second playthrough of 1 and 2, and have since just been playing wads for them. If Eternal gets the level design closer to the originals (ideally, closer to KDITD but with more demons) and good mod support, it'll probably be my game of the decade. Been kicking myself for not getting into older shooters sooner, and I've also started Quake, which has a fucking cool setting.

>Doom Slayer is a ginger
>Doom Slayer has no soul

Attached: 1554399895771.jpg (636x640, 143K)

Why does everyone in medieval art look done with everything and ready to kill themselves?

Attached: medieval-art6.jpg (660x799, 136K)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 129K)

i dont recall having trouble with evilution, never played master levels
also be sure to play nerve.wad, the official xbox 360 episode its pretty good

Life back then was hard user

I would be pretty miserable if I was in medieval times.

From what was said earlier in the thread, the Invasion thing is still in. They simply added a new mode that plays identically with Doomguy vs two player controlled demons.

am i the only one who likes the look of the cyberdemon from 2018, also i like the 2018 praetor suit too.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

metus, dolor, mors ac formidonis

Attached: 1.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

That is the least threating dragon I have seen in ever.

>Samuel: How is it that Hell, after all these years, has not infected your soul?
>Doomguy takes off his helmet
>Samuel: A GINGER

His hair must've lost color/lightened overtime.

Obligatory
>it's a wyrm or wyvern or whatever!
post.

u wrong but ok

Attached: 905.png (240x232, 98K)

Seriously. Didn’t he had black hair in doom3?

Blonde people can carry the red hair gene. I have blonde hair and red beard.

Forgot to add. The new mode plays the same except it's a separate mode, so outside of the singleplayer campaign.

>titanfall 2 campaign
Don't listen to zoomers, its fucking overrated (overshilled). It's just fucking glorified Call of Duty. The only reason it gets so much shilling from fanboys recently is its dead multiplayer that makes Respawn look like some kind of underdog martyr that made a true masterpiece bringing FPS back to its roots in the age of press x to cinematic experience.
Play Nu-Shadow Warrior instead.

Attached: V0t8YiguBhM.jpg (380x347, 40K)

That guy is separate. He's just a weirdly skilled marine.

Doom 3 is not doom guy

Attached: Doom Marine.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

Doom 3 was a totally different guy, regardless of whether you're someone who thinks original Doomguy and Doomslayer are the same person. He has light brown hair in his mugshot though.

As far as I'm aware the "battlemode" was always a thing, they just never showed it off (we've known about some of the skins usable in it since last quakecon). The Dark Souls-esque mechanic where you could invade people's campaign was cut entirely.

THE FUCK DID YOU SAY ABOUT ME

Attached: 1560639967164.jpg (606x621, 221K)

>Hayden campaign
Holy shit that would be cool, tho I bet at the end of it you would get rekt by the angel bitch

Attached: 1437410780901.jpg (804x585, 25K)

Way better than the fatass from Doom 2016

Stop baiting

brain fuck should be mindbreak.

Attached: 37a3b39ba42be467c3e33ef01e6205d0.gif (500x281, 394K)

why isn't Oyakodon behind Slayer fighting alongside him

Source? I remember them showing off skins but I assumed it was just to better identify regular enemies from player enemies, during the campaign, specially since it was a big deal when they first talked about Eternal.

SAMUEL HAYDEN IS DOCTOR BETRUGER

THIS IS THEIR PLAN

THESE PEOPLE ARE DEMONS

Attached: alex jones.jpg (1334x750, 58K)

Attached: 1525163951385.png (1600x325, 548K)

Interesting. So what happens when the two meet?

Took a while to grow on me but I ended up really liking the Praetor suit, Eternal's updated design looks great too but 16's iteration has that Mjolnir Mark V quality to it.

Attached: 1560181814038.jpg (1024x576, 109K)

based doomface

Attached: 1560375591923.jpg (403x427, 56K)

youtube.com/watch?v=U5XXhdBnjJk

Attached: 1534884332988.jpg (3840x2160, 1.11M)

Yes, but that doesn't deconfirm the Invasion mode, just that this Battlemode will have these. Maybe you could even use these skins while Invading, outside of the Doomguy ones obviously.

if it wasn't for >shadman I wouldn't have spotted the bunny, well done

Pic related was shown off around last December. Note how they mention both Invasion mode and the multiplayer mode separately.

Attached: 1551578033897.png (816x894, 765K)

His name used to be Flynn Taggart

Same. Specially when the first thing we saw was the generic cover and the Halo like multiplayer, it seemed Doom was doomed. Then they actually did a great job and eventually, I actually like it.
For Eternal, I like hoe huge he is, the exposed biceps, but I'm not crazy on basically being a Predator suit, with should gun and slicer included.

Iisn't that in some non-canon book?

Are the books even considered canon? I thought the demons in those were actually just aliens masquerading as demons.

Keen's father is supposed to be a newscaster. I'm starting to picture him as just this. Guy goes on a rampage through weird conspiracy stuff connecting the nazi's, UAC and Hell, because no one believes him.

Yeah, I wasn't paying attention to you guy's conversation/ I saw talk of skins while looking through my folder of pics and had it ready. That is all.

Attached: Dk1gmK9X4AA3Xag.jpg (450x600, 59K)

Summoners look cool

So it's the campaign, Invasion where you go into a player's singleplayer campaign, and the now Battlemode where it's Doomguy against two player controlled demons. Seems perfectly fine.

It just doesn't feel like Doomguy to me if his bare arms aren't showing.

Attached: 1556070346448.png (560x814, 785K)

Books are considered non-canon. At most the comic is considered canon for the sake of RIP AND TEAR
Hell, the books are the ones that started to mix the idea of the demons actually being aliens. Fuck the books.

I'm also a big fan of Cybermoose, more so than the re-imagined one from Eternal.

Attached: 1554520952805.jpg (651x1115, 210K)

>There was a script leak posted on Yea Forums before E3 that Doom Eternal will have you fight angels because Hayden ascended to Heaven for his contributions to mankind, and Doomguy didn't like that.
Big if true, Hugo Martin said that Heaven only shows up at the last part of the game tho.

We all make mistakes.
Have a wholesome smile.

Attached: si1MH9C.png (675x675, 440K)

>When Doom Guy crushes one of em they are evil looking and dark red eyed

They are probably board members of the UAC working under "Angel" Hayden.

>Doomguy was actually Ivan The Space Biker all along

Attached: Ivan.jpg (240x240, 10K)

The HUD in 2016 was pretty good and out of the way, I don't know what they where thinking.

The fact that suit was forged in hell should tell you just how touch it is.

I don't like it if Hayden ascends because he "deserves" to ascend, unless there's some really fucked up explanation like the angels being self-righteous cunts who actually think humanity needs to die, which I could see happen.

>showing his belly button
What the fuck, this is jrpg tier design

nothing since they are mute

At least Doom is getting games in 2019.

Attached: 3c4.png (500x738, 225K)

Shut up

Attached: 1533794074570.jpg (819x876, 50K)

I want to believe HLVR won't stand for Hand Labs VR, at least.

Attached: 1550553120196.png (1024x1394, 1.65M)