Sequel when? I'll even take a remake at this point

Sequel when? I'll even take a remake at this point.

Attached: 4f33d912bd06c1dee8082acbbe628241.jpg (3225x2156, 1.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

myabandonware.com/game/oni-c5c
wiki.oni2.net/Anniversary_Edition
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ill take the fucking original game since is unfindable now. Twas also on pc right? I remember playing a demo.

Apparently it was. I didn’t even know until now.

more like when the fuck will I be able to buy this on GOG?

Just play the PC version with mods, they fix everything and it's easy to find and set up.

The PC version apparently has a pretty good mod that adds some stuff and fixes other things. Should give it a try, haven't installed Oni 2001.

Hell yeah it was on PC, that was the best way to play it too because there were fun as hell cheats you could type in like one that turns all objects in the game to glass so you lob a grenade and your framerate drops to 3 as shit goes flying everywhere. Also cheat to change your character so you can play as civvies or the fucking ninja swat members complete with their movesets intact. Fucking loved this game years ago.
Also there was a modding scene remake/remaster for the game but i've never tried it.

Attached: InsMods_zps63891a86.png (1024x898, 774K)

I replayed it a while back. The combat didn't age well and most of the areas are super bland and empty. I'd love an updated remake though. As clunky as it is, the combat at least had a lot of cool ideas.

Was this actually any good? I remember my local game shop had about 20 copies on the shelves for 50p for about 5 years and I just assumed it must be bad

You're welcome
myabandonware.com/game/oni-c5c

based, this game is still enjoyable as fuck

Attached: oniwinlevel9.jpg (1600x1200, 321K)

It was and is good. That said, any modern gamer will probably take one look at it and declare it shit.

>fun
>anime-inspired
>developed by Bungie
>published by Rockstar
Everything that modern game industry will never let happen again.

thanks bru
I actually backed up my ps2 version a while back, but I'll be sure to try this version out all the same

>uh good evening m'am, my fellow officers and I are on a routine check up for-
>YOU ARE UNDER ARREST FOR AIDING AND ABETTING CRIMINALS, YOU ARE ALL LITERALLY TERRORISTS, THIS PLACE IS GETTING SHUT DOWN NOW
Did Konoko have autism?

Attached: 1559425567854.png (710x560, 379K)

where can I download this game? I loved playing this as a kid and probably beat it about 4 times.

was there only 1 ending? (bad). I know that depending on the choices you made affected the final boss fight.

>was there only 1 ending? (bad).

Two endings, depending on if you spare one guy or not.

I think I still have a copy of this game lying around somewhere. I never could figure out how to beat the first area.

Your former boss? All I remember is that everyone in the world dies because only you and murrow had the crysalis in you. Forgive me if I'm wrong I'm basing this all on memory of a 10 year old.

The ending is always the same, the big choice you make only determines whether the final boss is harder than usual.

Yeah, him. The end of the world happens, but it's stated that people still live on somewhere.

>you actually have to aim your attacks
>healing supplies and ammunition are scare
>multiple enemies can wreck your shit easily
>no overpowered counter move. no counter move at all actually
>you actually have to block different attacks high or low like a fighting game

There was a time where western devs could make games with good combat

If Oni were made today it could actually look like anime due to advances in cel shading tech.

But it would also have Batman combat and RPG elements. I hate modern game developers.

If you're gonna play Oni you're gonna wanna get this:
Fixes compatibility, adds widescreen, rebindable controls, mod support w/ a launcher.

It's good but it was designed around mouse controls so stay away from the PS2 version

Attached: 1448409676215.webm (960x540, 2.88M)

I got the game for PC on a gaming magazine.
>Come back from school
>Go to the shop to buy your favourite magazine
>Take a huge dump that you've been holding all day while reading it
>Take the CD and install a brand new game after you're super relaxed after taking that burden off your tummy

This

Spam back breaker.

Rolling through enemy attacks and using backbreaker is the best way to fight enemies.

Oni was Dark Souls before Dark Souls.

b-b-b-ut this is only a mod. Where is full game?

read the thread

Attached: 1426661324911.jpg (3000x1616, 862K)

Good thread. Good game.

never, it was wasted potential and flopped hard
to make a legit good game like that today would cost maybe 50 millions - no ones gonna risk it

Yes, it is on PC. There's a pretty good Anniversary mod that fixes a ton of shit, like the forced tutorial now being skippable. And the ability to unlock moves sooner than when the story hands them out.

So, who owns the rights? Rockstar? Bungie?

I fucking love it but it's not flawless. Downsides include bad, bland level design. But you mostly play for the combat mechanics anyways, not the exploration. And it's serviceable in regards to finding your way from one fight to the next. Just not mentally stimulating in layout.

Attached: 1555258126607.jpg (640x539, 184K)

God she's spunky, I love her.

Attached: 1560413546258.jpg (566x640, 140K)

Probably Bungie, but Bungie will never touch it again.

>Rights belong to Take-Two
Never ever

I miss pre-Halo Bungie a lot.

Are cool 80s/90's anime girls ever going to make a comeback?

I know Konoko wasn't actually one but she was pretty much reverse engineered from them.

The Marathon games were OK but they always felt inferior to other shooters on PC at the time and beyond that Bungie never really did anything special.

I fucking wish. I keep wondering why Japan itself never does this. I guess Japan isn't very nostalgic. As for the west, I think we have a gag reflex for inauthentic anime made by westerners now, thanks to all the "How to draw Manga" embarrassments that happened in past decades.

Attached: 1556143633290.jpg (640x539, 194K)

Why is it not on Good Old Games yet, ffs ?

Attached: 527ecaa34ff4.gif (600x344, 636K)

>Bungie never really did anything special
Zoom zoom zoom.

Attached: 220px-Myth_-_The_Fallen_Lords.jpg (220x258, 14K)

Probably issues with the rights. Wish they'd figure it out. If it was ever going to get revived, getting the first game back into the public eye would be a great first step.

Attached: 1548746681096.jpg (1600x1345, 632K)

I jacked off to her so much as a young teen.

Attached: 3d9a26cd75d7e45f5bea36db3cce5da235d4aa1e.gif (128x128, 83K)

And you were right to.

Attached: 1560586650587.jpg (1870x692, 488K)

Nice

I think I remember the cancelled sequel looked super clumsy because of revamped, controller-oriented movement.

I think Oni was originally going to have multiplayer.

Fuck, same here.