Working on an adventure game

>working on an adventure game
>have a female protagonist because I wanted to challenge myself and make a character I normally can't (I can only draw shredded dbz guys)
>no black people either because it's slav mythology and fuck them, they don't belong in our culture
>want to avoid all this political shit and just make an enjoyable game for my fans

How does one create anything in current year, be it game, novel, or even a painting without getting the entire hordes of twitter to harass you for all eternity? I mean, I know there's 0 probability of my content ever being noticed or big enough to get any attention but it scares me.

Gamedev general.

Attached: 13467610_2059299597628049_192276614_o.jpg (800x1211, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/370910/
youtube.com/watch?v=IWUKuGIj1jk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

have sex

>How does one create anything in current year, be it game, novel, or even a painting without getting the entire hordes of twitter to harass you for all eternity?
You don't.
This is the scenario social media has painted. It's part of the game now.

Who is this fair maiden?

You're not big and rich enough for people to give a shit about you
They only go after famous companies
Make the game you want, don't let random people who have no real power over you dictate your art

me :)

It's literally impossible to publish a novel since all the publishers and editors are SJW women looking for any reason to shoot normal stuff down.

>without getting the entire hordes of twitter to harass you for all eternity?

This is literally your only chance at making any sales whatsoever; ass and tiddies and fuck all the naysayers so that you can get people who buy and obsess over your game regardless of how shitty it is and at least have a modest success despite your complete ineptitude (see Hatred and Haydee.)

This

Pick your audience and turn a deaf ear to the complainers, don't engage them, they won't listen, just focus on your work.

>modern adventure game with a female protag
How about something like Kathy Rain?
store.steampowered.com/app/370910/

Attached: ss_943c21eb9676cfacfce06cc33c2d52134b6e732e[1].jpg (960x720, 236K)

The worst you have to worry about is Cuck sterling making a vid about your game.

you're not actually working on a game, and if you are or even have the fantasy of starting one, it's going to be shit. Stop asking Yea Forums for advice and pretending you have any legitimate potential to succeed.

Preemptively close down your twitter and just ignore twitter in general.

What are you faggots working on?

That ship has sailed ever since I started going on /fit/ unfortunately.

Is it not possible to ignore social media altogether? Also how can some games be completely unscathed by this, for example Borderlands 3, haven't seen any made up bullshit controversies (other than people bitching about Randy, which seems to be a favorable fate desu).

Irina Popova, Russian makeup artist. I don't know the author of the portrait, but it was done from one of her pictures.

Make her feminine, thats it. Look up gender roles and follow them. Like for instance, have her react favorably with children and they with her in a motherly way.

>It's literally impossible to publish a novel since all the publishers are owned by jewish people
fixd
just b urself

>when Sterling was a complete fucking edgelord in one of the few recent adventure games

Don't try to please everyone. Make what you want and tailor it to the audience that you want. It's literally impossible to please everyone. Even if someone bitches on twitter it doesn't fucking matter because they weren't gonna buy or appreciate it anyways. Also, if you use your pic as inspiration try something to differentiate her from Lara Croft. It might just be the shirt, but I'm getting a big Lara Croft vibe.

Twitter bullshit outrage is probably the best thing for you and ypur product as a small or solo dev, as long as you stay within whichever store's rules you sell your shit on you'll be fine.

Just say " I wanted to create a female perspective in order to understand the world better, your feedback helps me grow" or some shit and when they say "hurr why now blacks" just say thats not what you set out to do but you are aware that thats another thing you have to learn (you dont)

Who cares what twitter fags say about your game. Look at the criticism from people who actually play your game retard

Attached: 1541901806798.jpg (329x317, 24K)

>What are you faggots working on?

I have a deisgn doc and that's it. I know my engine is gonna be Unity or Unreal as I'm making an Action Hack-n-slash

>Want to make the protagonist a character that I'm bad at making
Don't do that. Give a side character that treatment.

Here's a dirty trick on how to write a realistic female character.

Make her act like she's 14 even though she's in her 20's.

Attached: 1533474167223.jpg (924x924, 181K)

honestly if you don´t respond to them you should be fine. they may cry a bit at first but find something new to complain about soon

>they dont belong in our culture
>want to avoid political shit
fucking retard
just by saying that youre MAKING it political, just make it and dont say anything about race or culture at all and let other people argue about it

Are you the five finger death punch guy?

The thing is, female protags in classic adventure games are very common and not a challenge at all

have sex

Looks pretty great. I was heavily inspired by Syberia (though I haven't gotten to play the third one) and Gray Matter (though I doubt many people played that, and it got kinda weird in the end).

Attached: 945252515.jpg (596x466, 62K)

You'll never make something good enough for people to call shit even. You are safe.

pic related

Attached: sharishaxd.jpg (728x471, 58K)

Literally why do you give a fuck?

Ignore is one thing, getting the negative attention something else altogether.
Like someone already mentioned what you can do is engage people who want to talk about it and disregard people trying to stir the pot for no good reason. I'm developing some shit myself and the usual suspects already tried to come up with the reasons of why it's problematic. I just left them alone in their own corner of the internet.
And Borderlands AFAIK pays enough ideologic toll to the left not to get dragged in controversies like that. "One of us" and all that bullshit.

>without getting the entire hordes of twitter to harass you for all eternity
I don't see the problem here

The character in my little puzzle game for iOS/Android is blonde. I am already considering adding a character selector because I know I will get a good amount of 1 star reviews if I don't. Current year sucks. Sine my game has no story it is an easy thing to do. Writing a story and creating a world just to artificially adjust stuff to avoid backlash must be tiresome as hell.

>Syberia
IMO Syberia's protagonist was pretty boring and not really girly (as in obviously written by a dude). Outside of the phone conversations she had pretty much zero character and kept doing what she did only because the plot demanded so, her motivations were really weak.

Is this cuck shit

The simplest answer is stay off Twitter. Second answer is use it only for important development updates and announcements, don't get roped into discussions.

using any project management apps user? i found trello to be quite useful even if i am the sole dev

This.

Attached: 076.png (605x264, 40K)

>working on a game
>every character is a cute anime girl
I like cute girls.

are you gonna but a male love intrest into the game?
is it going to feature fantasy or supernatural elements?

based

Twitter outrage won't dictate how people enjoy your game. If you're trying to avoid it, you won't.
A lot of the bitching hordes on Twitter make zero valid points are usually just looking for the next mob of outrage. If you're making something that feels honest to you, there will be people who support it.

>working on a game
>the main characters are all monstergirls
>who are also cyborgs

>fuck black people
>I want to avoid all this political shit
No you don't, /pol/shitter.

Give her hairy pits.

Attached: 4467bfe7b09e81a4646089be72e42f08.jpg (1280x998, 208K)

>for my fans
don't flatter yourself, 100 bucks it's going to be shit

>are you gonna but a male love intrest into the game?
No. There will only be one other (supernatural) character in the game, even. Think Winston from MediEvil or Cheshire Cat from Alice. Might get pretty boring now that I think about it.
>is it going to feature fantasy or supernatural elements?
Yes.

Attached: Cheshire_Cat_AMA_render.png (527x1147, 480K)

Send nudes

Just make a good game, why would it matter what some retard on twitter says? If you have a twitter you're already doing it wrong and can't complain.

As someone who's gotten close to dealing with this: don't be a lulzcow. Don't feed attention-starved people. That is my best advice. You can't always ignore criticism, but you can deflect some of it.

There should be a autoban for this phrase. Incel, too.

Attached: 1560180486168.png (579x440, 292K)

I don´t know what you have planed but I would advise against only having 1 other character in the entire game. things will get depressing and lonely.
have you ever played the longest journey. if you liked Syberia you should like it.
is the female protagonist going to be sexualist? I mean show of some cleavage for example?

It's amazing that your ego is so inflated that you actually think anyone on twitter would give a fuck about you or whatever tripe you create.

Not true. I had heard all this "just make game" talk for years and put it to the test.
I've already developed and released something. I didn't use twitter and social media at all.
If you don't shill your shit no one will know of it. More than half of this shit is getting the word out. You need to have social media for this, no matter how much it repels you.
All you can do is just not let yourself get baited by shit that doesn't matter.

Question for Yea Forums because I'm afraid to ask on twitter/facebook etc... :
If I'll make an FPS and give the protagonist (full body model) DD-E cup size breasts, will it bother you that you couldn't aim beneath you?

you should have tried getting in contact with youtubers or twitch streamers and gift the game to them in exchange for them covering it
that works much better then social media commercial

they already did a game like that
youtube.com/watch?v=IWUKuGIj1jk
I personally love funny stuff like that

You have to understand that SJWs and all those people have the memory span of a goldfish.
They'll find something else to cry about in the matter of hours.
Besides, it gives your game visibility.

Just ignore them, being angry on Twitter is the full extent of their "capabilities".

>wanting your game to be successful
Unironically cringe. Your goal should be to make a good game, not a successful one.
If you want people to see, show your friends. Publish it on some platform and people will pay attention, even if it's just a little, as long as it's decent.

Maybe leave Yea Forums for awhile dude

Does it really matter what some people on tumblr 2.0 say? Why care?

Attached: 762CBA59-F85F-415A-B26A-3ECA0AB0ED8C.jpg (588x784, 59K)

If you want to make an actual interesting story, just write her as if she was a dude.

I'm planning on using Instagram / facebook / twitch page for marketing purposes, as I feel these pages have the least amount of people shitting on others' work (at least IG because from my experience a lot of people who comment are making stuff themselves and are doing it to hype themselves in a weird quid pro quo way). This could be completely false and tunnel vision, but at least that's my experience with IG. I guess I won't make a twitter account then, I don't really see a point in it but it always seemed like a must have. I don't know.

I know, but I think bad AI would be worse than no AI at all. So this just leaves a friendly NPC to help you out and the puzzles themselves.

>is the female protagonist going to be sexualist? I mean show of some cleavage for example?
No, I'm setting it in winter when I get my particle physics to work, but if not, it's going to be at least autumn / snowless winter. So warm clothing only.

I'm currently busy with other stuff and I've been drawing more than I've been working on this but I'm making a bus-themed minigame collection of sorts, because I looked at Crazy Bus and thought to myself "I bet even I can do something this simple in game maker".
This screenshot is from the Stealth Bus level.
I'm trying to make each level progressively more unique and different from the rest, the last level is gonna be Ocean Bus, like Desert Bus but underwater.

Attached: Screenshot_2.png (428x239, 11K)

dude don´t bother what sjws think. as long as you don´t put loli into your game or release it for the ps4 they have literally zero impact you. they usually infiltrate studios to make their bidding but they have never even once decided what game was allowed to be successful and which not

Have sex

Spoken like an art critic huffing his own farts.

>How does one create anything in current year, be it game, novel, or even a painting without getting the entire hordes of twitter to harass you for all eternity? I mean, I know there's 0 probability of my content ever being noticed or big enough to get any attention but it scares me.

If you're an indie, you're pretty much free from journo scum picking on you.
Do what you want and only advertise your game once it's finished.

Also, remember.
"The smaller the balls, the louder it howls"
Basically means just ignore the raging sjw bitching and focus on making your own thing.
Honestly, it's really fucking simple:
If ithe game is good, it will sell, regardless of opinions or politics.
If it's bad, it won't.

Remember, the world consists mostly of normal people.
Just because the internet is full of those dumb fucks who pretend they're the majority, they really arent.
They may have influence, (or atleast they think they do) but real hobbyists watch gameplay, or play the games themselves and know if the games are good or bad.

If someone advertises their game as "WOO LOOK HOW GAY WE ARE", that won't get them sales, that will only have virtue signaling whores and faggots orbit it on twitter etc

if someone advertises their game as "WOO LOOK HOW STRAIGHT WE ARE", that will definitely get some sales, considering how tired people are of modern sjw cancer

Attached: 1510274640680.png (450x170, 56K)

Drink yourself to death, you racist piece of shit

No one wants your shitty white-nationalist propaganda anyway

And for your information, there are plenty of Africans living in Eastern Europe. Europe is not an never was "white"

>Want to avoid all political shit
>Fuck black people
What did he mean by this?

oh so your game will be 3d and not a 2d point and click adventure?
what if the other nps are just there to talk to you. like an old guardian who only lets you pass if you get a certain iteam or answer his riddle right or another adventure like you who you meet several over the course of the game. he just sits at a camp to rest and you can talk to him.
>No, I'm setting it in winter
thats a big shame. sexy elements are getting so raw these days. I was hoping for at least one game to have a sexy female protagonist again

If he's posting this shit he's already an untapped lolcow.

He means he's a bigoted hypocrite who can't stand the existence of mutli-ethnic populations because his poor-ass Soviet-era housing complex is filled with drunk, unemployed subhuman whites

>twitter
>harass
How's Twitter gonna harass you if you're not using it?

Attached: aqua cheek pull.gif (366x232, 667K)

I guess I could make more characters that are just stationary and either provide you with hints or some items and make the world feel more alive. I always liked those living gates in Darksiders.

Attached: Snow_Particle_Position_38409.png (2040x1937, 770K)

You realize the reason most content creators are lefties is because this is how you vent, right? You're an ooga booga caveman who refuses to make anything but still wants the attention.
Please for the love of god make your own platform if you can't handle being yelled at online, you insufferable chimp.

yeah like that. use them to all the player to learn more about the world you are creating and how it ended up to how it is now. they don´t have to fight or help you with the puzzle

Go butt-blasted somewhere else, fag. Should be obvious that Blacks have no place in Slav mythology.

Don't read twitter.

a significant amount of people on this site dont use twitter and can still see twitter posts screenshotted and posted here. not using a site doesnt exclude you from the very real fact that someone can still tarnish your name on that site. in reality it's almost worse because you might not be able to do any damage control until its too late should this happen.

Just create. Don't concern yourself with reception. And if the world decides to kill you for it, that's what art is.

you`re a female gamedev, just call them out for sexism and you get the twitter outrage shitters on your side.
but why woul you do that? because fuck it.

>Put a bunch of swaztikas in your game with no relation to nazi party
>make game really good
>SJWs cry in pain
>Free press
use their tactics against them, the more that cry on social media the more people that will buy your game

>worrying about people you have no control over

Attached: stop.gif (250x333, 1016K)

Your post indicates you're lying about wanting to avoid political shit, you just want to avoid political shit you disagree with and have everyone instantly agree with you.

Make 2 sliders for the protagonist: skin color, and fat. Skin color would just add color tint to the body model which is easy af in any engine, fat will be lazy scale on x and z axis. Oh and also add "straight/ gay" choice that will have literally zero impact on the game.

These choices will not affect your game in any way whatsoever and no one will ever use them (since sjw don't actually play the games they bash), but it will give you an auto immunity.

Don't forget to add the "Trans" checkbox.
The only impact it has on the game is, that the game will end at about 40% of the way.

I'm making a top-down racer in unity. thought the genre was dead when I saw a new game on E3 of all places.

or maybe op doesn't want to deal with similar shit like in pic all day long when he could dev in peace and give his fans more levels or that snow or whatever.

>user states his perfectly logical reason for not including black people (even though he doesn't even have any other npcs kek)
>half of thread gets hung up on that rather than share what they're working on
the irony being that half the thread is same responses he didn't want to get on social media sites lel.

Attached: based.jpg (1658x2468, 832K)

lmao

You're being a paranoid, OP. None of this silly shit you're worrying about is going to happen. I have 2000 twitter followers and my game has a female main character and a all white ensemble, and guess what? Nobody cares. They follow me cause I'm making a game they think looks interesting, not because I gave one of my characters tits. Just make whatever game you want

Attached: twatter.jpg (310x233, 16K)

what an aesthetic person

Your game looks pretty great. Are you only active on twitter?

nah we got a discord too. Tried posting on tumblr as well but that site is dying very fast

hey I know you
I really hope you add more revealing outfits for the women