I'm about to buy a gaming laptop. Convince me not to

I'm about to buy a gaming laptop. Convince me not to

Attached: 34-234-944-V01.jpg (640x480, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Zephyrus-GM501GM-WS74-IPS-Type-i7-8750H-FireCuda/dp/B07CWY6Y2X
logicalincrements.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Make your own choices retard nobody here cares what you do

Pretty easy - all gaming laptops with good specs heat up like the core of a dying star. Your laptop will deteriorate fast and soon you will wish you have spent your money on a PC.

Do whatever the fuck you want

If you never plan on gaming on the go though it would be pretty idiotic

>Convince me not to
Nobody gives a fuck about you or what you do.

What laptop m8? I'm looking at one too as a glorified WoW machine, since I have a PS4 Pro and an Xbox One X

amazon.com/Zephyrus-GM501GM-WS74-IPS-Type-i7-8750H-FireCuda/dp/B07CWY6Y2X

>doesnt understand what a PC is

imagine being this retarded

Attached: 1560506597220.png (800x600, 70K)

They get really hot.

welp, had it coming as I added "desktop" after solving the captcha so it didnt register

You could get any post 2013 macbook pro to play wow on medium or low without it heating up on you and dying.

gigabyte aero 15x if you can afford it.

/thread

Attached: 34-233-238-V15.jpg (640x480, 27K)

Desktops are cheaper and don't heat as much. You don't have a place to live?

I do. But I want a gaymen laptop

why

You will spend a huge amount of money for low performance and durability.

>That heatsink
Yeah nah, screams planned obsolescence and "we cheaped out in this product" all over it.

Attached: Z.jpg (300x168, 8K)

get one.
ive got a helios 300 and ive been playing on it for a couple years now

Because I want to bring my gaymen laptop to work so I can play games

you can build up your own pc with better hardware plus a monitor keyboard and mouse for less money don’t fall for the meme user

but if you want the laptop for your university do it I don’t give a fuck really

How many catastrophic gaming laptop regret threads do you idiots need to see before you learn?

Attached: 1533652221604.jpg (1004x350, 37K)

Enjoy buying a new one in two years at best

Fuck google images, shit sucks now.

Attached: csm_20170505_145050_a2e37bc8af.jpg (1920x1080, 358K)

The only reason to buy a gayming laptop is if you travel around a lot and want to game in multiple places.
Up to you to decide.
t. have a desktop and a cheapish gayman laptop

gaming laptop is an oxymoron

>shared heatpipes
The mark of a shit machine

If you do it, I'll say the n-word on 4channel

I got one and i regret not building a PC instead. If only you knew what i know, you would stay away from laptop.

Not reallyy I'm pretty surprised what my 8300h/1050Ti Dell can do.
Then again it's not my primary device.

RETARD

You shouldn't be playing games at work.

Get some MSI

Atleast the CPU VRM has its own "heatpipe".

>Playing games at work
Fuck off retard

The only reason to buy a laptop able to play muh graphics games is if you have no real home/move very often and want to play AAA games anyway. In all other cases you're being retarded.

Razer Blade is great, highly recommend.
Get a 2018 one with 144hz screen, 1070 graphics card.

way too expensive

Razer is the equivalent of a macbook in the laptop world.
Overpriced as fuck with huge amounts of planned obsolescence.

the gigabyte is literally the best compromise you're going to get for performance, price, and most importantly, not screaming you're a huge gaming faggot with rainbow lights and angry gamer edgelord stealth bomber gundanium alloy laptops

with the aero you could actually get away with people thinking you're normal

cooling isn't ideal but it's adequate, and you can undervolt and run custom fan settings. it's really good man, really good.

Attached: 1560460352630.png (424x318, 178K)

Not really. Show me a computer build with an i7, 1070, SSD, and 144hz monitor and it will probably come out around 2000.

Don't do it faggot you will regret it

Recently bought one with a 1060, 144 Hz screen, and 16 GB RAM and it works very well for gaming, although I initially bought it for video editing. Gaming laptops definitely aren’t as bad as everybody here is making them seem, however, I’d only get one if I absolutely needed it to be portable. If your only reason is because you want to play games at work, just get a desktop and a better attention span

>nose camera
>1 hour battery
They were so close to perfection it hurts...

That heatsink is anemic as fuck, even undervolted.
This is a real heatsink, and its only $50 more than the gigabyte laptop.

Attached: 2pCYkjJ.jpg (4032x3024, 3.41M)

What’s a good gaming laptop for 700 britbongdollarydoos?

No such thing exists.
Probably something with a Ryzen APU.

That battery is shitty tiny

Yeah see I use my Razer Blade because I wanted a fast laptop to bring to work and something that can play games at home. Cheaper than an XPS 15 and a desktop.

I bough an Asus rog laptop maybe 3 years ago and it’s been pretty good has a 1070 and i7 in it. Only issue I have is I have to underclock the cpu or else it gets too hot and thermal throttles like a bitch. Cooling remedies like cooling pads don’t really help either.

Well shit. I’m on benefits and can’t save for shit.

Guess I’m fucked when it comes to laptops then.

Attached: 35B8564C-2F28-44F5-BC97-DC82B005425D.jpg (500x327, 19K)

uh it has a huge battery and great battery life buddy

kill yourself

yes retard because it's not about price, it's about packaging. gigabyte made a compromise to not have to build a huge cantankerous GAYmen laptop that a professional can be actually seen in public with

Attached: 1560368476594.png (1440x1557, 738K)

Look at Acer and Lenovo websites.

lenovo have the shittiest keyboards ever made senpai.

Guess you need a real job to afford luxuries.

Hey you are looking for cheap shit, not my fault.

>lenovo have the shittiest keyboards ever made senpai.
Nothing will ever be as bad as the current macbook keyboards.

Attached: vpavic_181102_3068_0006.0.jpg (1200x800, 140K)

are there any gayman laptops that don't have that shitty red and black plastic aesthetic?

sure! I recommend the iMac Pro! affordable, portable and as powerful as a desktop of the same price!

Attached: 1543386953941.png (1568x918, 138K)

Heh, looks like I really shut those fucking retards up.

Gigabyte Aero master race

Attached: 1560596304780.png (264x258, 56K)

Not the same guy tough

Have you tried the Y520 series, the keys break if you look at them for too long. Fuck lenovo

It's a retarded investment with very limited upgrade options, especially when you can now stream your desktop and Steam games from anywhere and any laptop with semi-recent integrated graphics

heard the gigabyte aero 15 was kino

Get the extension that brings back the "Show image" button

And they come with a fucking gtx 1050Ti

>yes retard because it's not about price, it's about packaging. gigabyte made a compromise to not have to build a huge cantankerous GAYmen laptop that a professional can be actually seen in public with
People will ignore the fact you are playing videogames in public just because you have a less autistic looking laptop?

The GS65 is more black and gold

Yes, you wanted cheap shit, you get cheap shit.
"Good" gaming laptops are expensive and just not worth to get a cheap one if you are looking for performance and durability.

>implying that a normal person would ever play video games in public

it's simple you stupid faggot, the gigabyte gives you the ability to use your laptop in public for normie shit without feeling ashamed of yourself for being a huge fucking GAYMER loser. no red glowing lights, no rainbow keyboard flashing IM A VIRGIN in morse code

then, when in private, you can jerk off to hentai then load up some gaymes.

Attached: 1559727025690.png (640x640, 12K)

>tfw all decent gaming laptops cost $1500+
Why in the flying FUCK are they so expensive? Goddamn, it's cheaper to just get a better pre-built desktop or make your own.

Attached: 1557652112157.jpg (433x433, 97K)

>$1500 for a GTX 1060

not to worry bro, you don't need an expensive laptop to play your dating simulators you worthless weeb faggot

is there a gaymen laptop in the 1000 USD range? I dont need it to be too powerful, in fact a mid-tier laptop that doesnt melt in a year would be preferable to some top-of-the-line monstrosity, I mostly play autism simulators, an occasional city builder (anno 1800 is the one I am looking forward to now), and an odd MMO.
Cant get a desktop cause my work often requires me to travel, and also I rent my current apartment, so I dont want to have a huge case to move around

Attached: 1560436234836.png (500x250, 35K)

>overheats
>GPU dies in 1 year
>shit screen with shit keyboard

If you already have a decent pc you'll barely use it

>gaming laptop

If you don't care about pirating games, mods and cheats, just get a solid Thinkpad and a game c*nsole.

Attached: anime annoyed.png (1080x1288, 1.36M)

>anything resembling anime triggers you this much
What are you doing here on 4channel, nigger?

Attached: 1559928383119.jpg (276x366, 27K)

Don't main a laptop. They will never be able to handle games as easily as a desktop will. I got a gaming laptop in 2012 and used it for a few years as my main machine, but I was never really satisfied with how it handled big powerful games (never got 60fps, temperatures etc). I even upgraded the dedicated GPU but it really didn't make a difference. Now I have a desktop and it will last me a lifetime.

Seriously, just get a fucking desktop. If you can't go big at first then you can still start small / mid range and upgrade when you can afford. Then buy a mid-range laptop for travel / playing lighter games.

>Console
A used office PC with a RX 570 is cheaper and better.

The quality to cost ratio is very low.

this, just get a refurb optiplex and slap a gpu in there

Yeah, of course PCs are better than c*nsoles, that's a given. However, I'm guessing OP is a student or just has limited space.

>no watercooling to accomodate overclocking

You will be playing with a toaster.

the heat isn't the worst, the sound of the fans make the sound of a xbox 360 seem like a whisper

Attached: 1559346768652.jpg (840x809, 175K)

>it's gonna burn up and die quickly.
>Yeah but at least I won't look like a faggot gaymer.
Imagine being this insecure.

And play what? Games that work better on PC? Censored weebshit? Dudebro sportshit? I went to get a console from a local shop because they were all like -50% and ended up not buying anything. Shit has no games.

You faggots have actually convinced me not to get a gamin laptop.
Where should I look for a desktop for under 1000$ or should I build my own?

SFF desktops exist too.
Ryzen APU NUCs too.

Couldn't fit a regular desktop in my room so had to go for a gaming laptop

logicalincrements.com/
never buy prebuilts unless it's

dilate

>doesn't understand how thermal throttling works

no modern computer will kill itself through being too hot. pretty much any silicon can run at 90C indefinitely, with built in logic that will slow itself down or shut itself off completely if it gets beyond a threshold temperature set by engineers

literally everything else will fail long before any heat related component kills. fan bearings and capacitors are the only things to really fail after 10+ years, and thats only ultra cheap shit

Attached: 1559355493466.jpg (953x905, 155K)

Then a work laptop and a gaming desktop is the way to go.
Like I said, a good Thinkpad like T460S is all you need for work and it shouldn't set you back more than $300-400.
Considering most "good" gaming laptops cost around $1500 and that is your budget, you'll have plenty of money left over to build a good desktop from used parts.

You are using a Pepe meme you must be retarded

If you want a laptop instead of a desktop, consider this
You would pay more for similar hardware (unless we are talking about pre-built, that shit sometimes has weird markups). Lots of times laptop parts perform worse than desktop ones.
You lose a lot on upgradeability/repairs. You basically need a new one if you want something better or something bad happens. Usually only the RAM and drives are salvageable
Check how easy is to disassemble it to get rid of dust bunnies. It can sometimes be akin to rocket since compared to desktops. And a dust bunny will kill your performance.
Check the screen. Try different angles.
Check if you have enough ports to plug everything you want and maybe a spare or two.
Laptops normally have some weak video card to use in the OS and beefier card for games, but only one monitor. Sometimes games are adamant to use weak card in some modes. You might need to fiddle around with settings to get over it or wait for the patch.

you gonna cry about it, fag?

You'll be paying the same money you could pay to get a more powerful desktop. Unless you're planning on playing games away from home its just a waste of your money.

>openly admitting you don't like pepe on Yea Forums

going through life being that stupid must be a dream...

Attached: 1559599731317.png (590x442, 616K)

Aero has a notoriously bad keyboard though, and bad thermals.

Blade 15 beats it, and also doesn't look like "gamer" shit. But that price tag....