>A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever

name a more meaningless quote

Attached: shigeru.jpg (375x499, 38K)

>t. preorders assassins creed day one

Attached: a75.jpg (680x648, 59K)

>a game with regular toads and koopas is eventually good, but a weird rpg that is notu what I rikeu is bad foreveru

I don't get why people buy SP Ubisoft games at launch. Wait 6 months and it's half price with the bugs fixed.

"name a more meaningless quote" -OP while sucking cocks

Attached: westerngames.jpg (687x663, 85K)

If your game gets a bad rap from the start then your'e shit out of luck, see Fallout 76 for more information

pisses me off when people use this quote to defend shitty practices
they wouldn't have to delay the game at all if they didn't announce shit years before it's even in a playable state
fucking metroid, fire emblem, animal crossing, botw

also theres no promise the delay will the make the game better.

The only reason it could even be considered outdated is that bugfixes exist left and right today. Even then, being incentivized to rush a game leaves more broken/boring than working, thus being likely to remain shit. So it's still a good motto to abide by.

>no partner characters
why even call it paper mario at that point?
i love his games but miyamoto is delusional and out of touch

>mighty no. 9

Yeah how unfortunate for a game like Fallout 76.
It must really suck only debuting in your launch week at #3 top selling game, behind RDR2. And the future of the company is truly fucked when a game only sells 3 million copies.

It's shitty to go either way: either jerking people along for ages like DayZ instead of actually working on it, or shitting it out by holidays like Sonic '06 instead of taking time to polish it.

Yeah you could release a shit game and make it good with updates, but that's fucking stupid and should not be encouraged. He's correct in principle.

>t. todd

or maybe work on the game and when it's a year or 2 off from being ready then reveal/tease it

announcing a game that is farther than 2 years off is just bad practice. i don't care what you say
easiest way to kill hype for a game

Duke Nukem Forever proves this is bullshit

So does Sonic 06

>>A delayed game is eventually good

and proven wrong with one game

Attached: FINAL-FANTASY-XV_20161127125208.jpg (1920x1080, 260K)

I feel like this is wrong nowadays. Plenty of games have launched in pretty poor states only to have been developed, patched and improved with time.

Your interpretation of good varies, but I think these can be considered as proof that quote is outdated:

Diablo 3
Destiny 1 & 2
Final Fantasy XV
Fallout 76
Quake Champions
each Civilization game since IV

It's true though, even in today's world of patches. You need only look at no man's land and fallout 76, they have both released patches and content since their very bad release, but that still has not repaired the original damage or reputation.

This is also true, but more the fault of the marketing department rather than the code monkeys.

"Licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets"-Spongebob.

>I have no idea what i'm talking about because i'm too busy eating dicks.

it literally does repair the original damage, and reputation is useless if you can make a game appealing again. Fortnite pivoting from Minecraft game to purple PUBG sort of shows how tenuously relevant past reputation is.

No Man Sky is added to this.

also yoshi crafted world. they wasted so much money marketing that game for like 4 years and it turned out be lame as hell

>Plenty of games have launched in pretty poor states
Yeah, but that shouldn't really happen now should it

>Destiny 1 & 2
>Final Fantasy XV
>Fallout 76
>

Attached: Fewer Games.jpg (1826x1553, 362K)

"...And Mexico will pay for it!".

Attached: g4intern.jpg (623x651, 29K)

>shouldn't really happen now should it
but it does, and with the scale that game dev is at now, there's not really any changing it.

>if a game didn't cost 100+ millions it's shit.

Sonic '06 was rushed for a Christmas release though.

>ESL humiliating itself in one post

>there's not really any changing it
There kinda is, it's a very interesting game development philosophy called "don't produce shitty bloated games like FFXV where only muh grefix matter"

Any quote by Sony idiots.

Attached: diversity.png (1143x1099, 771K)

reductive

A delay usually indicates production problems that see through to the final release.

cope harder todd

>A delayed game is eventually good

Attached: PaperMarioStickerStarCover.jpg (220x220, 34K)

>FFXV
>improved over time

it's still a mess and is unfinished

If anything a delay ensures a bad product since it's usually to make desperate reshoots and tweaks because they know it's gonna be bad.

Maybe, but with some of the examples you mentioned there's really not much of a way around it, they're pretty fundamentally shitty long development time or not

You could have at least said XIV, XV was a series of band-aids at best before they canceled the rest of their plan.

First impression are important in media because most of the sales and reviews are made at the beginning. Saying "it will be better later" when most people have moved on and carry their original opinion is not going to work.

It does though.

>game freak made 720 brand new models for X and Y
>game freak is reusing most of the models for sword and shield
>can't bring all of them back
>they're using BRAND NEW MODELS for the fucking dynamax
if any game needed to be delayed its sword and shield but its looking like it will be a disappointment no matter what

Attached: squirt.jpg (400x400, 42K)

>it does though
Tell that to Anthem right now.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

I'll go tell it to Fortnite, FFXIV and NMS instead.

You can delay a bad game too, you imbecile.

they dont care because they know all the diehard fans will buy it anyways and all the normies will buy it when they add free content and go f2p
like 76 with the BR mode

What the fuck is with Yea Forums's huge hateboner for Miyamoto?

they didn't even make the models, creatures did. For example you can see the exact same models being used in the Black and White anime opening.

Apologists are so fucking disgusting

Attached: Screenshot_20190615-142229.png (1513x2048, 677K)

the devs were the delusional and out of touch ones. you have to remember when Miyamoto told then to reign in the stupid shit that was coming off the heels of Super Paper Mario, which also had
>No Partners
>Hideous NPC character design
>Completely shit gameplay
The dev team lost their way long before Miyamoto told then to stop making shit like pic related

Attached: SPM NPC.png (450x599, 154K)

>sticker star
>color splash
>star fox zero
>pikmin 4

You seem pretty passionate about showcasing shit taste in games

'if it's not fun, why bother?" said by someone who's never made a game in his life, while shilling for the company that made amiibo festival, wii music, and federation force.

> proven wrong with one game

a game that was not delayed *enough* to fix all the remaining issues, and had a lot of it done; re-done and re-re-done after the fact through patches and DLC.

I'm not sure why this quote gets so much hate. I'm not sure if it's misunderstood or not. What's wrong with wanting less shovel ware and wanting more big games.

idc these are popular games that contradict a lot of posts like yours and the Miyamoto quote.

based mii poster
fuck multi million companies that are lazy

t. ND employee

He's gone Vince McMahon levels of old age decline with way too much micromanagement powers.

botw wasn't even delayed to polish the game, it was delayed to remove features from the wii u version and port it to switch. it's the perfect example that delaying a game can sometimes be just as anti-consumer as rushing it out.

>federation force
what an enormous waste of resources
should have just made metroid hunters 2

Attached: samus.jpg (800x582, 81K)

druckmann is just as bad on the opposite end of the spectrum.

He's not really in charge of Mario RPGs. Stop blaming him for IS' fuckup.
He just wanted a gimmick, which was actually a neat idea, even if it turned out mediocre.
And Pikmin 4's coming. We wouldn't even have Pikmin 1 without him.

Attached: 1554654304857.jpg (599x372, 36K)

and still had cancelled DLC

Yeah no shit there is a sweet spot. If you jerk off your game 6 years ahead of time then you're basically just bullshitting for several years. There should also be an addition made to that quote that if you don't have anything to show don't talk about it.

When did he say this quote? I mean, it's mostly true for the 8-bit to ps2 era. These days with the ability for developers to patch live games it's not really applicable anymore.

>You could have at least said XIV

Which would still not be true, as XIV was shutdown after poor reception and was then completely grounds-up rebuilt and relaunched as XIV: A Realm Reborn.

They already delayed their other big holiday release for the year.
I want SS to be delayed too but it's pretty clear they can't do it no matter how big the backlash.

Name a single great game that was shit at launch.

He said it in regards to twilight princess I believe (the gamecube version specifically)

Attached: Screenshot_20190615-141107.png (2048x2040, 887K)

>botw teased in 2013 as a wii u exclusive
>revealed in 2014 with a 2015 release date
>nothing showed in 2015
>delayed in 2016 but showed up at e3
>2017 announced its coming to wii u and switch
the burn still stings

Great is subjective, but and has listed a few that should fit your criteria.

pikmin 4 was hey pikmin

Attached: PIKMIN.jpg (550x550, 78K)

>"prease understandu we want you to buy a Wii"
>nincels actually believed they delayed it for quality reasons

Its always Kantofags isnt it

Imagine your legacy being the destruction of your country through cartoons and not even knowing you're doing it.

To be fair the Game Freak cutting pokemon thing is honestly the first good thing they've done in ages. If you think every online battle being Landorus and Interdimensional non-pokemon is good, fuck you. (but they could have just cut just those pokemon I guess).

>A bad game is forever bad
>patches exist

Yeah, just remove them from the game completely. Way too difficult to implement cup tiers like in the Stadium games.

Attached: bsrjrthnk.jpg (194x260, 8K)

Fuck, it still stings bros. Is this what F-Zero and Metroid fags feel? To have your favorite series gutted for no reason whatsoever?

Attached: 1529428103077.jpg (753x707, 331K)

Based.

I can understand just one aspect of the outrage : over time people end up having favorite pokemon. Not having a nationaldex means your favorite very likely not making the cut. I'd like to think that that's the bigger source of outrage because I just cannot believe that all these people complaining about it really do "catch em all".

at least f zero doesn't really have any new games to be bad
metroid had a few stinkers but has made a cumback recently besides the delay
paper mario had 2 fantastic games then a weird spinoff then 2 dogshit games that changed the game play completely
and to top it off there's no hope for a new game
paper mario fans have it bad

Attached: 1560127060727.jpg (422x442, 58K)

Idk man, I just dont feel like EVERY fucking game in the series needs to have interdimensional aliens in it because ONE game did. But I see the argument. The whole issue is that online doesnt ban certain "legendaries" because they're technically not as good, but also shouldnt ban pokemon arbitrarily or we get smogon shit. Best solution I guess would be default online mode being Galar-Pokedex only because then there's a logic behind whats not allowed and all the awful shit is gone.
I'm just happy ill be able to play ONE fucking game with an online experience that isnt complete anti-fun. last time I enjoyed pokemon online was pre-bank XY. This backlash is obviously going to make the next game have every pokemon in it again which I guess ill have to live with, I just hope they dont go too far and bring back megas and Z-moves again so we have THREE fucking gimmicks. Should have cut them and not added dynamax, we dont need any fucking gimmicks but if you're going to have one at least keep it at one. Instead of a bunch of shitty half-implemented mechanics.

it's the principle of the matter
If your motto is literally "gotta catch em all" then not having everything in the game feels like false advertising.
But yeah most of the outrage comes from the fact that your bro might not make it.

you can't patch a bad idea lol

A lot of it comes down to gamefreak cutting a lot of shit in the past (battle frontier never showed up again, side content in general getting smaller and smaller in each game) and this can be seen as an extension of that. From what they've said and the pokemon they've picked so far, It's obvious to me they're picking the pokemon people like. I dont think anyone on this planet is going to give a fuck if they cant use Qwilfish, Finneon, Cherrim, etc. It comes down to the unhealthy mindset of treating each new game as an "update" for some kinda fucked up games as service rather than standalone entries.
If Sword and Shield end up being just as low on content as the other games so there's no obvious trade off in development time (The complete gutting of side content happened around XY, coincidentally when the pokemon started needing 3D models), then I'll obviously complain, because what are you actually doing with your development time then. But I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt for now and looking forward to a fresh online experience.

This quote pre-dates console game patches

>adding all the pokemon will take a lot of time
>game freak developing a RPG alongside sword shield
they really are idiots aren't they

To be fair that's the only the slogan in English. The original Japanese one is just like "Get Pokemon' basically. As someone who's completed the national dex in every game though I honestly refuse to believe that most of the people who are mad actually have completed it. I'm curious as to which bros people have that they're worried wont make it in, or if its just gonna be hoarder mentality where you suddenly love a toy you've never used once it gets taken away.

I have to imagine pokemon games are some of the least fun games to develop out there. You cant have anything resembling game design because you're sitting on well over a decade of baggage, and most of what goes into the game is basically just data entry. But it brings in money so gotta keep shitting them out of there. We should just be thankful it's not being handled by another studio who would turn it into a gacha or something.

>no one can make a better pokemon game than game freak

Attached: 1512351451.jpg (800x800, 81K)

>I'm curious as to which bros people have that they're worried wont make it in
Lots of people who have a favorite that isn't from gen 1 are worried. Like me.

Attached: 1374190323196.jpg (500x500, 46K)

Wind Waker was a rushed game.

My friends and I battle each other really frequently, and part of the fun is bringing something new when you can. As a result I've got about 150ish battle ready bros. Regardless of where cuts happen, they aren't all making it

you're a fucking retard if you disagree and no final fantasy xv isn't an argument

whimsicott is a shoe in

Attached: whimsicot.png (1200x1200, 885K)

because all the big budget AAA games have been garbage and people want back the library of the ps2

unless you can pull a FFXIV that's pretty much true, but at that point, it's pretty much an entirely different game at that point.

Many developers can, but Gamefreaks lazy 2 years shit a game out strategy is better to me than spending 6 years and tons of money, and then selling microtransactions to offset them making 200 million dollars once every 6 years instead of once every 2 years.

I'm lucky. My two favorites Golisopod and Haxorus are already confirmed, and so are many of my lesser favorites. The only two that I'd REALLY miss if they were gone that havent been confirmed so far are Volcarona and Lilligant. Since they're picking pokemon to appeal to the widest possible audience and Volcarona is well loved, I think it has a very good chance, just hasnt been shown yet since its always been an extremely rare pokemon traditionally. Lilligant is a bigger question mark for me. Since I dont know how big the fanbase for it is.

Why didn’t Todd show his face at E3

How does it feel to have taste this bad

I mean that's already part of what I was saying, but I get it.

>well it IS fun with friends
>well the NEW fans of this series enjoy it
>the true TITLE experience
>we are announcing a roadmap
>it's bigger and better than ever
>if you don't like this core gameplay feature - just don't use it
>DLCs will recover this shitty ending
>it's just like Dark Souls
>we believe it is tough, but fair
>well I've had no issues with the camera
>What do you mean unresponsive controls? Like, they are responding to buttons
>and for all hardcore gamers out there
yeah i know those are not "quotes" quotes, shut up

Attached: 1536794469517.png (473x350, 166K)

He did, it was just hard to see with all those average-height people in front of him

>A delayed game is eventually good
>a bad game is bad forever
Rome 2

>I like my games with roadmaps and patches that may or may not come out depending on how the company feels about the profit margins from continuing to support this game

> and still had cancelled DLC

Yup. And eventually had all future planned DLC stricken and the entire thing shit-canned, because the mess was unfixable and the PR damage was too extensive. i.e. SE cut its losses.

If anything FF XV is _the_ prime example of a premature release _NOT_ being fixable.

>eventually had all future planned DLC stricken

and then remade the cancelled DLC into a book.

That's right, in addition to the animes, CGI movie, Multiplayer, and DLCs. You now need to buy A FUCKING BOOK to get the complete story of FFXV

>miyamoto is delusional and out of touch
You're confusing him with Tanabe and Kudo.
Originally Miyamoto said a TTYD style game was fine if they don't go overboard on the OCs like Super Paper and change it up a bit.
In their infinite wisdom they took that as changing the entire game.

you mean like game freak's $50 mew microtransaction?

Attached: Dfgr9sDUwAEliA5.jpg (1200x600, 161K)

HIGH QUALITY ANIMATIONS
Lets go pikachu and eevee are a few megabytes.