What are you thoughts on him? I know, he will never be Reggie, but he seems pretty nice

What are you thoughts on him? I know, he will never be Reggie, but he seems pretty nice.

Attached: 1533801841208.jpg (780x405, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_mTM-3YCOro
youtube.com/watch?v=JSjyELdwJ4g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He's getting paid to say prescripted nice things.

>he will never be Reggie, but he seems pretty nice.
Pretty much this.
I hope he manages to pull Furukawa in front of the camera.
That would make him legendary.

feels like he's not really genuine and only does it for marketing purposes

So was Reggie.

Seems like a talking head with no personality. His name bringing out constant cringe also doesn't help.

At least Reggie had charisma.

>he was fooled by Reggie
You are in no position to deem anyone (not) genuine.
Loved Reggie, but if you think he only did it for the games, you are fucking insane.

>only does it for marketing purposes
Yeah, that's the job. Reggie was the same retard

He should localize Mother 3, then everyone would love him more than Reggie.

He seemed to nervously stick to the Nintendo script in the direct, you hear him almost stuff up his words once or twice and it was very obvious he was shilling Luigi's mansion 3 after looking at roughly the same amount of gameplay as we did. But that's his job man, Reggie had a script too. Everyone knows japnintendo pull the strings anyway

except Reggie knew how to act and even genuinely had fun in some videos

Reggie didn't even know how to play smash, he certainly wasn't as genuine as you think.

>old guy good
>new guy bad
No point in even asking this here OP, everyone sucked Reggie dick, the most charismatic and amazing person in the world could have replaced him and it wouldn't matter.

>But that's his job man, Reggie had a script too
But but he had a personality! and charisma! and was genuine!

>Mario and Luigi tied up with a gamecube controller
He is doing God's work

>Furukawa

wasn't furukawa in the direct? I thought he was the guy who spoke after banjo was revealed

What if he had replaced him, then would he be better than Reggie?

Attached: 1541479880745.jpg (1920x1080, 249K)

I think I prefer him. Reggie memes were amusing, but his way of talking was always a bit too stilted to me. Bowser seems to talk more naturally. At the end they're both just guys trying to sell us stuff.

Seems genuine. But then again, he has to put on a show for the public because of his status. He might be just in it for the money. Do you really think the CEO of Toys R Us really gave a fuck about toys?

Can't wait for a SOUL / SOULESS comparison of Reggie and him.

DUDE BOWSER MEETS BOWSER LMAO XD

seriously that was predecible and stupid

Would have to check to make absolutely sure, but no, it wasn't him. That was a dev, no exec.

There hasn't been enough time to really pass judgement on him verses years and years of Reggie. He just started, I won't say he's a rock with no charisma or anything, it's too early to call. Having the last name of Bowser will never not be funny though, I refuse to believe he was born with that last name but apparently he was.

Doug Bowser for smash when?

>genuine
>knew how to act

That goes way beyond moving the goal post, you are moving the fucking stadium.

It's hard to fill in those shoes user but you gotta give gay bowser a chance

I don't really care if they don't actually care about the games, they probably don't. The whole point is their presentation and how they play things up and represent the company. Because that's the job. His job isn't to sit there and play Nintendo games and love them, it's to give speeches and do interviews and shill for the company he works for.

Everyone with braincells knows they are there to shill and sell a product, so I don't even consider "but does he even like video games" as criteria. As said, Reggie obviously didn't play games as much as he might have fooled retarded nintenbabies into believing. I'll admit Reggie had more of a homely, everyman look, but I think it's just the hair, or having more hair, than Doug.

Attached: 1540100183314.jpg (1280x720, 170K)

Yeah because Reggie never did and stupid cringey skits with Nintendo. Fuck off

How is he moving the goalpost, The whole argument is if Doug is better than Reggie, and he isn't because he isn't genuine and acts like a robotic talking head. The opposite of Reggie. Are you retarded? Yes, you are.

>Nintenbois getting attached to their marketing guy
At least try to hide that you're underage if you're not 18 and post here

Attached: 1199699878406.gif (236x224, 1.89M)

>not genuine, only does it for marketing purposes
>yeah so did Reggie
>yeah but he was genuine man
Right.

This was for

You're right, he's already better than Reggie because he doesn't make stupid meme decisions.

Fuck Reggie, terrible fucking president.

>Fuck Reggie, terrible fucking president.
Woah, where did Reggie touch you man, what's your problem with him.

Wait, is that where Reggie went??? Are we getting Reggie in smash??????!(!)

He is DLC #4 I think

Imagine his moveset.

>yfw DLC 4 is Reggie and DLC 5 is Doug

There would not be a single soul in the world who would be upset at that.

Well I'd better get out there and start trimming lawns

>Final Smash is he signs an approval to delete opponent character from the game

His dragon quest hours begged to differ. He was clearly an RPG and nothing fightin game man.

He is better at Mario game than Bill so he's okay in my book, despite his position. Reggie was just a Pizza Hut spic nigger who talked like a robot and played up his awkwardness for memes. If Doug can answer the hard questions eloquently then he will have done better than he ever did his whole career.

What's his up b? Reggie'd be a bottom tier heavy right

Dragon Quest was a literally who game until this DLC.

It's just funny because it's a big nintendo flagship and you'd think he had played it a few times but it was like his first time playing it was on stage.

The fuck has that got to do with anything, retard? He still played Dragon Quest regardless

What?!

>played up his awkwardness for memes
I don't see the problem. Being likeable and relatable is part of their job.

Who's the Japanese guy who's been the face of the switch? And worked on a ton of Nontendos core legacy?

He seems super fun and like he'd be the perfect face for Nintendo but I dont feel like we've seen him too much

Just wait, it'll be v/s favourite RPG series in a month

This.

They're trying to make him new Reggie, but he really doesn't have anything going for him besides the name.
Just leave him doing president job if he can't do Reggie's meme job.
Same as they did with the new CEO (who even remembers his name?) who absolutely couldn't follow Iwata's footsteps.

If you lived under a rock. DQ is fairly popular

The problem was being a pizza hut spic nigger.

I like him. They made a podcast with him on right after E3 and he sounds like a pretty intelligent but also good person
youtube.com/watch?v=_mTM-3YCOro

Also, he even directly mentioned how Nintendo putting in online mp for SMM2 after all is solely because they saw so many people asking for it. So they definitely do see feedback.

He's fine. anyone shitting on him is just salty he isn't Reggie. He hasn't done anything heinous or worthy of calling him a shit president.

I'd rather have someone be straightforward and honest like Doug. His favorite Zelda is Majora's Mask but he admits to never playing Link's Awakening. That sort of honesty is crucial in a relatable person. Reggie tried to pretend to be a generalized blanket Nintendo fan even though he clearly has never touched a Smash game in his life.

You think that his memery is endearing, but just how endearing is it too you when the company is wallowing in failure and mediocrity like it did in the late Wii U years? The last thing on my mind is le funny my BODY IS REGGIE xDD man. He just dodges the hard questions and expects people to forgive him for it.

>he will never be Reggie
So he's going to be competent?

Nothing to call him good either.

>Reggie was incompetent
Do you have a single fact to back this up?

If I became president of Nintendo I'd just go on a direct and say "Now that I am president, F-Zero is coming back baby."

Everyone would instantly love you.

60% wouldn't know what F-Zero is.

That's not my fucking problem.

I've never in my life heard of Bowser as a legit last name.
Is this just the most rare coincidence or what?

60% would be sent to gas chambers in that case.

>implying you can just say whatever the hell you want
and aren't bound to a script and regulations
>implying you can make Nintendo bring back anything and aren't just a puppet figurehead there to shill their shit to consumers

Enjoy getting fired week 1 lol.

Yeah how to forgot that time when bowser burned reggie

youtube.com/watch?v=JSjyELdwJ4g

Failing to see how any of that warrants calling him good.

NOT MY BOWSER

Damn, Doug Bowser is S A V A GE. Can't believe he killed Reggie.

Not everyone can be good at Smash.
Hungrybox was a retard though, he should have wanted Reggie and the Dorito pope go head to head.

He's ok, I prefer Sega's new president Frank Eggman.

So based

Reggie was a marketing man too you retards. Only based Phil is a real gamer. Seriously, listen to his giantbomb interviews

I'm the fucking president, no one is gonna fire me

Reggie didn't know how to jump in Smash Bros when he played Hbox.
He never touched a game in his life.

>no one is gonna fire me
Nintendo will. You don't run the show, you present it lol.

He's a normalfag gamer. If he really is /ourguy/ as the xbox Yea Forumsirgins like to meme about then why hasnt he made a Banjo Kazooie game yet?

Guy's got a PhD, you know.

>Not everyone can be good at Smash.
True, but I assume you'd at least know how to jump and recover to the stage. Again, it was as if he had literally never played it a single time. Hbox was kind of retarded though, you're right, but what else is new with the crab man.

>Reggie was a marketing man too you retards
B-but charisma!...p-personality!

Because they aren’t profitable

Because BK is a childrens game and was obsoleted by better mascot platformers

>a cis white male

ugh

Because no one really wants it and even if they made it it wouldn't be any better than modern Yooka Laylee or Hat in Time

Doug actually know how to play video games from what we know, unlike Reggie.

Worst bait I've seen on this board in some time

>lead figurehead for Amerifat branch of Nintendo
>thinking he actually "runs" anything
KEK

Attached: 1551058966742.jpg (2048x1536, 256K)

is this zoomer talk for saying catchphrases and endorsing memes?

Attached: bowser.png (163x153, 44K)

He played Ryu, he's not newcomer or casual friendly.
Probably he didn't have time to practice given how he wasn't released yet and yes, that would greatly reduce your opportunities to do that since I strongly doubt they'd let anyone take that stuff home.

w-what's Doug planning to do with those...

No, Reggie was a really good salesman.

hot DILF

>So they definitely do see feedback.
That's the one thing I really miss about Miiverse being killed off. Nintendo could look through it and get feedback. Remember when Iwata specifically mentioned westerners flooding the Mother 2 Miiverse as one of the reasons to re-release Earthbound and deal with all the licensing red tape.

>Boswer talking about how he kept fucking up his Nintendo direct segment with Boswer because he kept looking at the actor who in place of Boswer instead of where he was supposed to look.
That might be why his delivery was so wooden,

Wait if there was an actor standing in for Bowser shouldn't that be the thing he should be looking at?

Yeah, the actor had an elevated bowl on his head with eyes to simulate where Boswer's face, but Bowser kept looking at the actor's head instead.

>predecible
>and stupid

Yikes, that's the sign of a bad president, can't even look Bowser in the eyes :^)

if you're uncultured (see: American), it was

Legally changing his name to Bowser just to be le epic meme man is really disingenuous and makes him seem entirely artificial.

his introduction war in poor taste but he handles himself well in interviews and stuff

give the ESL a break

Would anyone be upset if they made a DLC 6 with Iwata?

He cute :)

Eh, might be seen to be in bad taste.
I can totally see them adding Sakurai though.

He's not good on stage it was awkward when he was speaking after the tournament. He was fine during the taped direct though

>Using Bowser to introduce Doug Bowser not good.
You know if they didn't do it everyone would be saying why they didn't. It was not a have to, it was a must.

>Doug Bowers's favorite indie game at E3 was Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin.
And people question his credentials as a gamer.

But he cussed in his second sentence at his first e3

Ahem, he's married sir

If he can bring all the games I want and uncensored I don't care.

But i had it on nes always played final fantasy though

>I know, he will never be Reggie
GOOD!
Reggie was an annoying, insufferable nigger. Could never stomach that out of place faggot with his Pizza Hut faggotry. He wasn't funny, he wasn't a good spokesperson, he acted like a fucking robot rattling shit down. The hack had ZERO charisma.
>B-B-BUT MUH BODIE IS REGGIE xDDD!

Shit meme that defined the rest of his worthless years at that company. I'm glad that curly turd is gone.
What I've seen and heard from Bowser so far vastly outperforms and outshines that pizza chain salesman from the 90s.

Attached: why am I even here I want to work for Pizza Hut again.jpg (1305x598, 170K)