Is Resident Evil Remake still the peak if the series?

Is Resident Evil Remake still the peak if the series?

Attached: becca_face_concerned_2.jpg (500x549, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5gR3APtF5c4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinji_Mikami
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes. I and actually like 0 more than Demake 2 as well.

The tank controls and camera angles haven't aged well at all
t. 19 year old who played it for the first time last year

REmake is straight garbage
> Fixed camera angles
> Tank controls
> 6 or 8 inventory slots
> Ink ribbons
> Door animations that take up 25% of the time you spend playing the game
RE4 was the first game in the series to not be utter dogshit. 4, 7, and REMake 2 are the best games in the series

You are mentally damaged if you think the PS1 game is better than the remake

Resident Evil hasn't been good ever since Code Veronica and Resident Evil 4 killed the series.

>tfw last good Resident Evil game was that Game Boy Color one

REmake 2 is. Claire is wonderful and she is the best part of the series.

Attached: 1557367078306.jpg (1080x771, 39K)

>All this zoomer salt.

Attached: summer-time-1405961074jxc-1.jpg (1920x960, 411K)

RE4 was the birth of the series, not the death. None of the games from before it are worth playing in 2019

>PS1 game

Attached: niggawhat.gif (200x250, 737K)

it's a close second!

Attached: 1485400712486.jpg (774x1032, 144K)

Yes. Nothing will ever top it. It is the pinnacle of fixed camera gameplay and atmosphere.

Yes. I played every game in the series and some of the spin-offs and loved most of them, but REmake remains the best.

The original RE2 was a PS1 game. Like most PS1 games, it's borderline unplayable garbage. The remake eclipses it in every conceivable way

Yeah, remake 2.

For survival horror yes. TPS (4 and everything after except 7) peak was 6.

REmake is the best survival horror game ever made and RE4 is the best action game ever made so I'll cop out and push.
I wouldn't say those things are subject to aging; either they work for you or they don't.

Saying it's the pinnacle of fixed-camera gameplay is like saying it's the turd at the very top of the doo-doo pile

The tank controls and camera angles have aged well
t. 19 year old who played it for the first time when it was re-released on console and play it at least once a year.
Fuck off back to RE4 or that shitfest of a "RE"make 2.

You can tell by the posts in this thread who's actually played the old games and who hasn't.

Attached: 1278304337479.jpg (410x272, 74K)

> t. awful taste
There's a reason Capcom has abandoned the fixed camera perspective and never looked back. Because it's shit. Resident Evil 4, despite it's flaws, was an instant hit because it ditched all the archaic mechanics of the old games, and the vast majority of people liked that

I think so. 0 was also great. Everything about them was beautiful.

Yea and the best modern one is remake 2

Attached: clairexsherry1b.jpg (1880x1418, 524K)

Why is demake 2 good though? I've yet to hear any real reasons.

Yes, although remake2 is a close second

everything you listed was there to add tension and survival horror

should I stick to my GC version, or get the Origins Collection?

Because it keeps every redeemable quality of the original RE2 while throwing out all the awful game design decisions that ruined the original.

Adding tension is a weak excuse for objectively shitty game design

Good atmosphere, story, great gameplay, models animations.
Zombie/Gore mechanics

Attached: claire_face_101.jpg (540x599, 91K)

>Music is now bland and forgettable or non-existent.
>Even worse writing than the original.
>Mr X isn't scary, only annoying.
>Zapping system now worse.
>Nu Claire is a butterface.

The gore is quite good. I'll agree with that.

Quantity doesn't equal quality. None of you retards are worth even a single piece of shit mine, literally all of you are beneath me, truth hurts doesn't it?

I love Claire

Attached: 5861209563.png (1920x1080, 2.88M)

It is the most accurate and pure representation what RE should be.

It's the best looking and balanced.

Keep the GC versions. The remasters are okay but make some graphics changes here and there you might not like. Play in them in 4:3 for sure because otherwise you'll get a zoomed in screen that cuts off details. The switch ports are also ass and add time to the loading doors. Only buy them if you want portal versions of REmake and 0.

Yes.

>0 and remake
>PS1 games
zoom zoom pls go.

Claire a cutie.

Attached: 1553965321451.png (492x430, 241K)

Resident Evil remake and Resident Evil 2 remake are best in the series by far, IMO. I can only hope, RE 3 gets a remake and uses the same system as the 2nd remake. It would be just perfect.

Zombies are scary again and it's the "best" thing RE2 Remake did right.. along with the aiming, combat and controls

Attached: 1558065728428.jpg (959x1000, 160K)

Anything Shinji Mikami touches is the best for the franchise really.
TEW, although flawed, was superior to RE2 remake in terms of gameplay and better than RE5-7.
Eager to see Ghostwire Tokyo

Attached: GhostWire-Tokyo-Ikumi-Nakamura-740x414.jpg (740x414, 30K)

Claire is beautiful inside and out

Attached: 580179264.png (1920x1080, 1.44M)

>The original RE2 was a PS1 game.
Literally nobody was even mentioning of the OG RE2, ya illiterate retard.

>Like most PS1 games, it's borderline unplayable garbage
Oh, I'm sorry: an underaged retard with shit taste.

>The remake eclipses it in every conceivable way
Except in story, replay value, gameplay, art-design, sound-design, enemy design, and pure fucking fun.
Demake 2 is the Duke Nuke Forever of the RE-series. A pathetic zoomer bait.

You're the delusional boomer stuck in nostalgia for obsolete gameplay limitations, I'd say it's your opinion that's worth nothing. Capcom certainly seems to agree with me judging by how many fixed camera games they've made in the past decade.

I have both myself, it just depends if you feel like playing on a CRT or HD TV. Whatever one, pick that version.

>Why is demake 2 good though?
it's not, and nobody even hinted of such things.

Fuck no. It's literally worse than RE5, which is an achievement.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, based worthless retard.

>TEW, although flawed, was superior to RE2 remake in terms of gameplay

How can you honestly think that? The Evil Within's game play was so clunky. The whole game felt like it was a hodgepodge of ideas. I beat it once and never will again. It was a slog

Attached: 1530824406823.jpg (623x950, 340K)

Based zoomposter

>Resident Evil remake and Resident Evil 2 remake are best in the series by far, IMO.
How the living fuck can you people even mention the PEAK of the whole fucking genre and one of THE most generic clusterfucks in the same sentence?

>Zombies are scary again
No they're not. They're just annoying and unimaginitive as fuck. Would not be surprised if they were censored because of Japs' CERO system.

> along with the aiming, combat and controls
All literal, no joke downgrades even compared to the games from 15 to 20 years ago. Period.
Kill yourself.

And here we go again, DEmake2 morons being the kettle that calls a pot black.

>The whole game felt like it was a hodgepodge of ideas. I beat it once and never will again. It was a slog
You literally just described the DEmake2. But clearly you have some major brain malfunctions and thus don't even realize that.

The TEW series is action horror like RE4-6, which is why I'm confused about those games bombing. TPS games always sell more.

Mikami looked like a confused old man when he came up on stage this year. I wish the real father of survival horror (Tokuro Fujiwara) would come back to making games.

Cope. There will never be another fixed camera Resident Evil game. And that's a good thing.

Attached: 1559959018029.jpg (1897x765, 246K)

It’s not meant to be an action game
I actually like the features you listed although I guess the door animations can indeed be annoying to some people

mikami dicksuckers are as retarded as RE4-6 fags, don't bother reasoning with them.

>which is why I'm confused about those games bombing.
Simple: no old mega-classic IP's name? No sales!
If RE7, Doom 2016 or RE2's demake would've been called anything else, they would not have sold even half as much, and would've been already long forgotten, like all the cheap knockoffs in the past.

Kill yourself, zoomer cancer.

>And here we go again, DEmake2 morons being the kettle that calls a pot black.

I have played and beat just about every single RE game. I'm 33 years old and love the series to death. Stop using buzzwords to justify they got RE2 remake right.

You sound mad RE 2 remake has revitalized survival horror and The Evil Within was panned by most people. Remember, a few year ago people thought survival horror was dead. Thanks to RE 2 remake (and somewhat RE7) it's not

Attached: 1478744720767.png (1024x730, 808K)

Resident Evil REmake (2002) is the absolute pinnacle of the real survival horror genre, and thus the whole series as well. It is one of the most engaging, fun and least patronizing games I know of; one where you can only improve your own performance, and the game rewards you for doing so.

Agony crossbow for diversity. Guns that felt effective with upgrades. Not having to scour for items like it's the 90s.
It was also longer than 3-5 hours. I'm not an autist speed runner.

Probably, yeah. Mikami's name at the time still actually carried weight, and he claimed it wouldn't be another action horror game. TEW just proved he has no idea what he's talking about and the bad reception it got probably made TEW2 bomb even harder more than anything.

Don't bother, demake shitposter isn't interested in honest discussion

Attached: 1490931490999.png (448x448, 488K)

I love Shinji Mikami as much as the next guy, I am just deeply surprised people thought the game was a "masterpiece". The last "good" game he made was Vanquish and that was fun, but nothing on the level of Resident Evil

>they got RE2 remake right.
They didn't. It's literally yet another DS / TEW / TLOU style "cinematic" jumpscare 3rd person shooter. Absolute garbage.

>You sound mad RE 2 remake has revitalized survival horror and The Evil Within was panned by most people.
You dense motherfucker... they are both THE ONE, AND THE SAME SHIT. Literal zoomer bait garbage, carved out of the exact same cut down tree.

>a few year ago people thought survival horror was dead.
Says the worst CoD kids who only play AAA trash, and were clearly oblivious to the endless stream of new players finding out about the joys of Silent Hill series. Also GJ ignoring the MASSIVE sales of the REmake HD, which is the one and only reason RE7 and Demake2 even happened. For a moment there, Crapcum had to eat their words from 2005 about the genre being a fad, but apparently them PS4 kiddos' easy money was more important than making an actually faithful, nowadays pretty fucking unique and rare type of games.

DEmake2 did not save jack shit. It mutilated the genre's corpse and dug it deeper into cement, appealing to the fucking action fags who eat shit like ORC and REV1-2 up as the finest meal

The game does not challenge you in a fun way. It wastes your time with clunky gameplay mechanics that make things more time consuming than they should be then makes you lose an hour of progress when you die to some bullshit you couldn't have seen coming unless you already played the game

Mikami only made the first 4 RE games that everyone loves.

Demake 2 was just slapped together garbage by the B-team that made rev 2. I can only imagine how horrible RE8's going to be. Probably in development hell since we saw nothing of it at e3.

No remake2, 7, and 4 are all better than it

I said mikami dicksuckers, you sound like someone who actually loves the horror genre and can see it's faults, so don't put yourself on the same low level of that retard.

Mikami didn't even have much of a hand in the original games. Tokuro Fujiwara is the creator of the series and he's the one who opted for making the game third person. Mikami wanted to make cyborg ghostbusters instead. I wouldn't say Mikami actually "made" an RE until 4.

t. LIL ZOOM ZOOM that took the RE4: RE2 edition bait

Shit bait, you need to improve user

>it's borderline unplayable garbage.

Its so weird talking to people your age talk about video games, its like meeting people who learned to speak but cannot read.

Attached: F8D33FEA-4F82-4246-B0FC-AB5EF82BB687.jpg (365x318, 71K)

>There's a reason Capcom has abandoned the fixed camera perspective and never looked back

Yes. Its called the expectation that nu gamers cannot into video games anymore. When they released REmake HD in 2015 not only did they give it an optional new control scheme, but they addedd a very easy mode too. What? Was that needed too? Its because Capcom think todays gamers are LESS than 90's casuals.

Oh no, he only did RE4? Which is regarded by many as the best in the series. My opinion is so swayed.

>Resident Evil 4, despite it's flaws, was an instant hit
It wasn't. In fact on release it was a flop on both gamecube and PS2 and was FAR below sales expectations. Its reputation came years later.
>because it ditched all the archaic mechanics of the old games
No it didn't. Tank controls, cannot strafe, must stop to aim and fire, must stop to reload. How are those not archaic designs? And if you say "thats cuz the game is built around those mechanics" then you concede that the original games are fine within that context.

Attached: BB45603E-73EA-4E9E-87EF-5B454105A274.jpg (1462x4050, 812K)

Capcom also believes 30 year olds don't play video games anymore, despite the average age for them being 31 now.
youtube.com/watch?v=5gR3APtF5c4

It's regarded as the best by RE4 fans. That much is certain. They hate everything that came before and after.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinji_Mikami

Not him, but how do you not know what games Mikami directed / had a heavy hand in?

Attached: tumblr_pb2h9dGYke1ubyai9o1_1280.jpg (1280x1151, 340K)

Because I'm not actually a Mikami dick sucker. I just saw his names attached to the games.

Favorite alternate outfit in the series?

Attached: becca_costumes178.jpg (1400x1200, 143K)

The biggest giveaway are interviews pointing out that most of Mikami's ideas for RE were scrapped and they went with Fujiwara's ideas instead. Mikami didn't direct another RE after that until 4.

Great survival horror gameplay, atmosphere, pacing, controls, audio, visuals, all my zoomer mates hate it because it doesn't force you to walk into narrative story parts more like their TLOU, Nu-Raider and GOW. Im not kidding. They said "there is no fucking context, just a bunch of random hurdles to overcome in a big building that you have to figure out but no context in how or which order you are supposed to approach them.

Attached: 57980D77-6C39-4DA4-B5B4-274BE8B40D5B.jpg (1024x930, 37K)

I'll never understand how people don't know RE4 didn't sell well. It had more to do with Capcom being dumb making many of their high profile RE games stuck on the GameCube. Somehow people thought RE 4 saved RE, but in reality it did nothing of the sort. (At least in sales numbers at the time)

Attached: 1558065741960.jpg (763x1080, 352K)

4 would have probably been considered a flop period if not for the PS2 port. Capcom got tired of Mikami's hatred of the ps2 and told him to fuck off.

>You're the delusional boomer stuck in nostalgia for obsolete gameplay limitations

Hope you dont like RE4

give me re0 with two seperate solo campaigns instead of the gay co-op it had and it would rate in the top games
legit best parts of that game were the parts where you were all alone
still, code veronica x was the peak, but remake1 and 0 are still mostly gold

Holy fuck what? No. And i LOVED TEW1

>code veronica x
My nigga

I would love these outfits, but RE 0 is my least favorite mainline game and I don't feel like shelling out money for outfit DLC. Why it didn't come included for a 15 year old game is beyond me

Attached: 1535260003137.jpg (875x823, 192K)

Those outfits look like shit in game. I like that red and white medic outfit most.

>there are people who play remake1 with the "alternate" control scheme
>these people also think they're based for playing the hardcore og style RE

Mikami isn't directing, I believe?
Not sure why you would be excited.

How retarded are your zoomer friends? Demake 2 probably has more handholding than any other game in the series.

>Which is regarded by many as the best in the series

Its regarded the best by RE4 fans, who openly admit to buying every fucking port in existence and then pretending RE4 sold like 10 million copies over all the ports when in actual fact the same fucking fans just keep buying it over and over again and never in more than 2 million a port. Not a single version of RE4 has ever outsold RE3 on the PS1 let alone RE2 which would dunk all over it.

Attached: IMG_20190615_132455.jpg (540x778, 66K)

Mikami is such a joke now. I dunno why they bothered dragging that confused old man up on stage.

It's probably more about "the plot". You can't just play a singleplayer game and enjoy the gameplay, you need "plot"

Yes but not ENOUGH. Not like their GOW and Nu-raiders. They called it boring with literally zero story. They felt their was not enough narritive in it to keep playing and that it didn't deserve to sell so well. Meanwhile i convinced them all to play RE5 first because they wanted to try out the co-op together and they think its the only one worth playing in the series.

i agree, although the randomness of the enemies was a nice touch that made the game less predictable
remake2 was the first resident evil i felt was overly linear, like i was following an objective marker for most of the game sort of play
even new areas lost any chance of open exploration because you were shoehorned into a set path
they fucked up the labs terribly, they weren't that big in the original game but you could go everywhere from the start, in remake2 they literally herded you across bridges, with each complex literally just a puzzle obstacle course
its a bit sad

No, Outbreak File 1 and 2 are the peak of the series.

Attached: resident-evil-outbreak-logo.jpg.optimal.jpg (1080x600, 92K)

Claire is a beautiful and sweet girl.

Attached: 1549431767657.jpg (925x852, 140K)

0 is the worst of the classic series, maybe not as bad as code Veronica but still pretty bad compared to the rest

It was this. As far as they were concerened there was not enough depth. They have come off games like TLOU and cant understand why they would want to continue to keep playing a game where nothing actually happens narrative wise. Leon is a rookie cop "ok? So what? Does anything actually happen? Why do i care?"

Yes

You should honestly get better friends.

Yep. Turning off all the obnoxious prompts removes your reticle which just feels petty. The most ridiculous one off the top of my head was the straight line from the gun shop to the sewers and a message saying 'FIND ANNETTE", like that wasn't inevitable.

Zoomers really need to stick to movies.

She's lovely

Attached: 1397130973711345032.jpg (1080x723, 41K)

The really sad thing is tank controls aren't even "elitist". RE was a blockbuster franchise bought by MILLIONS of people 3 games in a row from 1996-1999 and got comics, toys and an upcoming movie rumor. It was just considered normal back then for a game to play differently and you were expected to get on with it. Medievil did not play like Tomb Raider, which did not play like Spyro, which did not play like RE... we still bought the games, enjoyed them and didn't bitch that everything was not either COD tier FPS controls or GTA style cover based TPS like people do now.

It's his company's brand on the line. If you don't think he's at least going to look at the games coming from his studio and give approval you're a retard.

I thought demake poster was done by now, holy shit.

The autism train has no brakes

Attached: 1547444608410.jpg (752x1080, 262K)

even though they had the objective indicators , it felt NOTHING like other games today. remake 2 and even re7 felt like real resident evil games, and it gives me faith that re8 will actually be good

i do wonder why when people shit on tank controls they go straight for the re games when shitloads of other games used them too
i don't think ive ever seen anyone shitting on stuff like tomb raider and silent hill for it

Zoomers and cellphones weren't old enough to ruin games yet.

>PS1

Attached: 1336979259816.jpg (450x373, 126K)

In Silent Hill's case the series has been dead for a long time now and almost no one will defend the games that came out after SH4.

neither have you

i have difficulty considering re7 a resident evil game
if anything its the most spin-offy one of them all
"evil residents"
it felt more like your generic horror than a resident evil game, really it did
why can't capcom just create a new IP for all these non-re games to stand on their own merits instead of just the resident evil franchise brand
re4 could have spawned its own series of games that were great using a whole new setting and characters
likewise re7 could have challenged other shitty first person horror games and showed people that yes, capcom can make them too
just stopping dragging resident evil through the mud capcom, please. return to your roots
now you don't have a broken base, you've got three decent IPs to work with

He still directed REmake. That's still his game.

Fujiwara was long gone from Capcom at that point.

Its like, im 29 but i SOMEHOW missed the Tomb Raider hype train during the 90's and never played the games. Since then times and games have moved on. Just started playing TR1 via PSOne classic on my PS3, and im at Midas Palace and although, OLD and although i had to LEARN how to control what seemed like akward controls i now LOVE IT. Its the most "gamey" video game i have played in years and i can control it just fine after the first few levels or so and want to keep going. I want to play them all now and probably will. ZERO nostalgia to make up for its short comings too, some games are just good fucking games.

Attached: 9077925F-4FF0-4F4C-98F4-5319FB090395.jpg (1500x1500, 288K)

Your made up friends sound like absolute faggots.

He did direct it, but it's a remake of a game that was mostly designed by Fujiwara. Certain elements were also kept at the request of play testers like the loading doors and weren't Mikami's idea.

Thing is, i really liked TEW but its clear to me that Mikami is only great when other Capcom devs were there to veeto his shit ideas.

Absolute shit taste.

>made up

anons discussing friends shouldn't be a "i dont believe you" moment user. If it makes you feel better im talking about "PSN friends" as my irl friends dont care for RE or video games at all really.

>ikumi poster being an absolute trend hopping faggot ignoring Mikami's actual involvement with the series
Gee didn't see that one coming

Would this only apply to the actual survival horror games he's worked on? I actually like his biggest flops God Hand and PNO3 but wonder how much of those games he actually influenced as well.

eh i like it. What do you think i should like instead?

If he wanted to change it up that much, he would and could have.

Remember. RE4 was not a game he wanted to make.

7 having the most paper thin connection to the universe didn't help. Honestly 7 would probably hated a lot less if it wasn't a mainline game. It belongs in the same bin as the Gun Survivor series.

Start caring about Claire

Attached: claire_face_102.jpg (868x970, 153K)

>RE4 was not a game he wanted to make.

Clearly. I cant help but feel RE4 is "gonna make me do ANOTHER RE game huh? Fine. Fuck you. One title and character name coming up but i AM making muh Evil Within prologue with YOUR franchise Capcom. And PS2 cant have my toy. Heh.

I already do

Attached: 5890173544.png (1920x1080, 3.15M)

its like, consider if dead rising 1 had been a resident evil title, you could fit it in, secret umbrella sect under this mall, experimenting etc it fits their MO
its a game that most people consider the best in its own little series and everyone seems to like
but if it was a resident evil title, there would be endless debates and hate for it simply because of that, ignoring the merits of the game itself, because it strayed from what resident evil is, it would have a mixed reception
i'm just saying imagine if the weird egg resident evil games that are still perfectly playable in their own right became seperate game series too
i bet the dissent they get would be minimal, for sure
> It belongs in the same bin as the Gun Survivor series.
agree. it doesn't fit at all as a mainline, it's the one re game i felt sold itself purely by the brand name

I get the feeling Mikami actually hates the series. It reminds him of being worked really hard by Fujiwara. TEW was supposed to be sci-fi but I guess enough people pestered him to make it horror instead.

Its all very Kojima isn't it?

Absolutely. If anything it served as a reminder that horror just doesn't sell as well as action games. It was also stupid to have no VR support on PC for a fucking VR game.

more like the shills of the DEmake2 are incapable of coming up a single argument in favor of their latest shit besides "muh Claire! X gun givvit to ya!", followed by a pile of "OLD GOOD, NU BAD!" memes.

>The game does not challenge you in a fun way.
The game challenges you into a mental game.
It forces you to investigate, learn behavior models, environmental layouts and gameplay rules, then come up with optimal strategies and routes in order to overcome the challenges the devs set for you. And if things go belly-side up, you need to be able to adapt and improvise on the moment's notice, or perish struggling.

>The last "good" game he made was Vanquish and that was fun,
I am not at all surprised that the ADHD action fags prefer ADHD cover shooters filled with super powers.

*cough*BETHESDA*cough* He wasn't even going to direct it originally.

Yeah, a little. Mikami has no issue letting younger designers do their thing though. Kojima is very up his own ass. I could never in a million years see Kojima bring directors like Kamiya, Nakamura, Johanas, or Kato to the spotlight. It's always about Kojima. Three fucking games with new directors and he kicked all of them off the title.

Yes everyone that doesn't hold the same opinion as you is a shill

RE2 remake had wonderful combat, made zombies scary again and excellent sound design. It was a true return to form for survival horror in general. I am not sure what the fuck you keep babbling on about. All you keep spewing is, DEMAKE, DEMAKE, OMG!11!!11!! DEMAKEEEE. Stop, please stop. I love the originals to death, but RE 2 remake really is just wonderful on so many different levels

Attached: tumblr_pk1w3azAEZ1qfjltjo1_1280.jpg (1035x1600, 858K)

I can user, i can list why i like it and what i dont like about it, but after all that this is still how i rank the games.

Attached: 5C77A29A-F457-41D3-B1CE-1F73C298DCB2.jpg (592x617, 146K)

It's something about her mouth... the weird overbite and it's too wide. She doesn't even look like the face model they used. I don't usually bitch about women in games not being hot enough but something about her looks like an alien in motion and it bugs me.

one thing that disappointed me with re7 was the fact you couldn't stretch up or lie down
as an example
>in mgs2 you could press both lean buttons and you'd stretch up on your tiptoes, to see over tall objects
>in stalker games you could do a "low crouch" which was basically like going prone in all but name
if they added those two features to the base game, and made it so you had to look under objects or on top of them properly, it could have been so much better, especially with VR support
even the items you could examine fell flat, they seemed to have less going on with them than other RE games where you could solve a puzzle in your inventory, or example items to find hidden keys or buttons that changed them
instead most of the items were just filler, with a few hiding coins or some shit in them, kinda sucked
you had the overused "invincible enemy is following you" jack but it was in such a small area it felt super lackluster, especially so when you could somehow lose him in seconds anyway in a relatively small area

okay yeah it was pretty stupid that re7 had the bare connection to resident evil on it. the reason I say it's like a resident evil game is because of the way the game feels when you play it, it reminded me of the older ones. the actual story itself is horrible though if re8 has fucking Ethan in it I will freak out

She looks close in some shots

Attached: real_all_004.jpg (1564x1504, 543K)

Pretty decent list user

Attached: 1418605456357.jpg (1600x1067, 210K)

the sad reality is most of those are sort of enjoyable to play in their own right
i don't agree with your tiers list but it pretty much rings true regardless
i'm one of the few people that think resident evil 3 was a great game with memorable characters, setting and of course everyones favourite nemesis, but at the same time i felt it missed the mark with the dodge mechanic and how action-heavy it seemed in some sections, i'll always rate it high because it's OG and presses all the right buttons, but there's always been something about it that i dislike too

RE0 is underrated. Just as atmospheric as REmake, and the co-op gameplay results in actual gameplay differences and creative different types of puzzles that aren't possible in the other games.

I'm not saying it's the best in the series or anything, but I do think it gets unfairly maligned and treated as worse than it really is. Yes, the story is goofy. No, it doesn't make sense given Rebecca's status in REmake. Yes, the sephiroth-looking main villain was dumb. But it's still quality.

Why in god's name did he leave Platinum? Inaba and Kamiya would probably have his back no matter what he decided to do for a game. And now they're finally going to start publishing their own games instead of bending over for somebody like Bethesda.

Not everyone shares your opinion. That's reality.

It's a weird Gondola effect, mixed with the relative contemporary feel / appearance the game has, that has resulted such view in the younger masses. It's always the same tale you hear those people parrot:
>People were getting tired of old RE! Series was dying!
>RE4 proved this right! It's best game ever!

The first argument is literally out of the Capcom's own Q&A sessions of the time, when they honestly did not realize that the only reason REmake and Zero sold so "poorly" was because they'd alienated their core audience, simply by making the games into Nintendo exclusives. This mistake of theirs was finally proven with the 2014's HD remaster.
Had RE4 remained as a Nindy-exclusive like REm1, it too would have been considered as nothing but a "forgotten gem" that only the most HC fans and gamers would go out their way to purchase / emulate after the dawn of Dolphin. At least until the HD remaster boom really kicked off in the mid-2010s, which would've probably brought RE4 as well to modern systems.

Besides this simple misunderstanding that refuses to die, I'm sure there's also plenty of 2nd wave "fans" who absolutely just loathed the classic play-style, and were happy to finally have the series turn into blatant shooters. These people may not have the IQ to come up with good arguments, but they tend to outnumber just about any loyal fanbase of any classic game.

shaddap

Closeish I guess but I think it's an uncanny valley thing. It's not even about being attractive, her mouth just creeps me out when she speaks. It only happens with her. The rest of the cast is fine. It's mostly the upper lip I think.

>They called it boring with literally zero story. They felt their was not enough narritive in it to keep playing and that it didn't deserve to sell so well.
They were right on that though.

There is truth to that statement though. Survival horror games were not selling well at the time. SH games never sold well. Haunting Ground sold HORRIBLY.

my least favourite thing with it was the repetitive enemies, literal clones of each other, just like resident evil revelations
they both tried to use the excuse that "its a genetic template" and so on, but revelations had the excuse it was a PSP title or something, re7 has no excuse at all
that and the block mechanic being what it is
and being able to reattach limbs with herb water, although its been known for a while now that those green herbs are some special kind of magic shit i guess
i feel sorry for anyone who plays it as their first resident evil game, because its going to set a standard that is completely unstandard lol

Yeah it was the last RE to have decent atmosphere. 7 attempted it and failed and Demake 2 was just embarrassing.

then watch a movie. They were literally complaining that cutscenes were not long enough and there was too much gameplay in place of story.

Flip REmake 2 and RE4 and this list is perfect. I think REmake 2 has the best gameplay of any nuhorror game I've played, and it's outstanding on a moment to moment basis, but the bossfights are shit and the whole last 3rd of the game is totally flat. It's sort of like DS1 in pacing for me, in that I always want to replay the first half and then I get bored and quit after the sewer.

Everyone that not only does not agree as me, but does not even try to come up with any kind of arguments for their shitty taste, all while parroting the same handful of meme answers they always copy and paste into these threads, are almost certainly shills.
And if they are not, they are just way bigger autists that the Mike himself.

>I can user, i can list why i like it and what i dont like about it,
The do so please.
I am absolutely puzzled on what people see in this crap, especially when there's been dozens of sameface titles in the past that have been ignored. Literally the only times I experienced any sort of "enjoyment" in the DEmake2 was when it was trying its hardest to be like the original RE2 ... which was very seldom, and mostly aided by the classic OST addon, for which I fortunately got for free.

Attached: inb4 salty zoomers.png (1020x435, 250K)

Right but RE ALWAYS sold well UNTIL they started making it exclusive on literally who platforms. First the Dreamcast, they didn't eat enough shit that time so they continued to explore how to keep it OFF the PlayStstion. If what you said was true, then it would still be true but then REmake HD came out on real platforms in 2015 and it suddenly becomes the FASTEST SELLING DIGITAL GAME ON PSN IN PSN HISTORY.

yeah I wasn't a big fan of the mold dudes either, they looked cool but they ended up being kind of lame.
also the part at the end where Chris comes and goes "I'm redfield" he looks so unlike Chris redfield that people thought it was hunk in a giant umbrella conspiracy. what the fuck was that about. they seriously should've just left it as a separated spin off thing

It's mostly the combination of the level design and inventory that hurt the game. The train was fine but with the training facility and beyond most of the level design has you going down a linear corridor and backtracking through it again with little inter connectivity that previous games had. If you ended up leaving items you wanted in a room, there were no shortcuts in the level design to retrieve them.

Attached: 1549824307512.jpg (1920x1080, 82K)

>Flip REmake 2 and RE4 and this list is perfect

Nah. In fact REmake 2 nearly pushed it out of my top 5 RE games there. For me its:
>RE2
>REmake
>REmake 2
>RE3
>RE4
I refuse to put RE4 higher just "because." And i say that as someone who bought it day one on the gamecube i begrudgingly bought to play REmake and RE0 back in the day.

>Haunting Ground sold HORRIBLY.

It was also sold poorly because it came out at the end of the generation and was a very niche game.

People keep forgetting, like we both said.. Capcom doomed the game(s) to the GameCube.

>Resident Evil 4 (2.3 million PS2, 1.9 million Wii, 1.6 million GameCube)

Now, look at Dead Space, that is an action survival horror game that sold millions.

Did RE need to tweak their formula? Yes, did it need to driven into the ground? No.

Attached: 1530912762921.jpg (753x1128, 166K)

You'd think Mikami would have learned his lesson after seeing CVX do so well on the PS2. The shitfit he threw over Kingdom Hearts outselling REmake was pathetic.

The PS2 was hell to develop for in 2002, so I don't really blame him.

Also, RE4 was originally going to be an Xbox game. Much like DC3.

I wouldn't say it's just "because", but I get why you'd say that. I really just want another RE, probably a new one, with that metroidvania/puzzle level design and REmake 2 gameplay, that doesn't become linear at the end. If they made a full on metroidvania game with REmake 2's gameplay it'd be the end-all-be-all for me and I'd easily put 600 hours into it.

>Survival horror games were not selling well at the time.
>SH games never sold well
[citation fucking needed]
Seriously, how can you folks even start to claim such BS, when PS2 was literally living its GOLDEN AGE of horror in the meanwhile?
Silent Hill was on the roll, with only one less stellar game in the whole pack so far.
Fatal Frame was doing great.
Siren wasn't too shabby either.
Haunting Grounds was well received Clock Tower "clone".
Rule Of Rose an underrated, nearly forgotten gem.
Hell, soon after RE4, PC got the first one of the Frictional's first-person stealth-centric survival horror titles, the Penumbra: Overture.

Even Resident Evil itself was doing OK on the Playstation, thanks to these smol titles known as "Outbreak", 1 and 2.

Not to mention the whole "selling well" is a very twisted beehive of its own. It's a totally different thing for the modern triple-A games to REQUIRE sales of tens of millions of copies in order to just break even; the early to mid-00s "AA" titles would only need to sell a small fraction of that in order to become a success. This still applies this very day, which is why Nier:Automata's first million sold units was already a big thing, and the current 4.5 is a huge achievement, where as EA and Ubisoft would be already kicking out people at lightning's speed if their big titles would "only" sell that many pieces.

>Also, RE4 was originally going to be an Xbox game. Much like DC3.

Have you ever heard the story about Mikami going to the Microsoft headquarters, pitching his game and Microsoft beefed it.. because of their translator not understanding the question / doing his job? Might be one of the funniest things ever.

I enjoy it as an expansion to the universe and themes of my favorite game, RE2, without replacing it. I love that T-Virus is back in a mainline RE game for the first time since 1999. I love that its grounded and about cops, teenagers and teenage cops again, that these guys are fucking rookies and scared and that even a single zombie can pose a fucking threat. I love that all the same themes of ammo conservation is back. I love that the boss fights are now more than just "stand opposite and unload big weapon till dead" i love how they caught the real world horror of what happned in Raccoon down. I love how the game controls, how it looks, how it runs. I love that i got to be part of RE2 again. I can also list what i didn't like about it.

I remember keeping most of my items in the main hall of the mansion. The only times I had to stop what I was doing and spend time hauling a bunch of shit to a new location was from the train crash to the mansion hall, and then IIRC from the mansion hall to the secret lab area.

And this was more than made up for by all the advantages of RE0's drop-anything-anywhere system. I couldn't fucking stand it in REmake how you could pick up an item and then not be able to drop it if it turns out you can't use it right now. lolnope, gotta keep it in your inventory until you get to a save room. It made certain segments like mixing chemicals for plant 42 a pain in the fucking ass because you needed to clear out your entire inventory for jars and ingredients

The biggest problem is that damn hookshot. You keep having to lug the thing across several parts of the game to progress.

It was worth porting your games to it regardless because it's what everyone actually bought. Didn't stop Kamiya from doing Devil May Cry for ps2. Xbox barely did any better than the cube. DC3 was also never an exclusive. The ps2 version was just cancelled.

DMC1 is exactly why Mikami didn't want to work on the PS2 anytime soon.

Code Veronica had already happened by this point.

Was he even that busy with it at the time? He was one of two producers. Probably didn't contribute that much. It was Kamiya and his guys. Capcom knew the the gamecube had no hope which is why they started porting everything to PS2 after PN03 flopped, despite the exclusivity deal.

What's with everyone excusing Mikami of all the shit decisions he made? All these apologist posts tells me how much a hack who couldn't adapt to the adversity and gave up everytime he was, unlike actual good directors who managed to make a good game out of their shit luck.

For fetish reasons I like the Rebecca outfits you posted. And Sheva's tribal bikini. And Sherry's schoolgirl outfit

i'll never know either
just using established names i guess, for the shock factor
chris hasn't really been chris since cvx in my opinion, and using him in re7 is just a cheap shot, especially working for not-umbrella
it was a shameless sequel hook / publicity stunt

I'm not one of those apologists. I think Mikami alone is responsibility for the death of classic RE(despite people believing it's back). Funnily enough I would actually defend all of his non-RE games that flopped like God Hand, PN03 and Vanquish.

>I couldn't fucking stand it in REmake how you could pick up an item and then not be able to drop it if it turns out you can't use it right now.
That's made up by the level design of REmake, you usually have a short but potentially dangerous trek back to an item box thanks to the interconnected level design
>And this was more than made up for by all the advantages of RE0's drop-anything-anywhere system
Yes but if you left something you wanted in a room you have a linear trek through some hallways to get it back. It's fine on repeat play throughs of course but for your first time experience it's frustrating

Attached: 2319906395944575674.jpg (736x920, 63K)

RE4 is the definition of a great game made of out shit luck. Especially considering nobody working on it was particularly happy about it, including Mikami and the final version we got was made in less than two years.

>RE4 is the best action game ever made
Do the world a favor and end your life

>RE4 is the definition of a great game
fuck off

Being a contrarian nostalgiafag isn't hip anymore.

>Literally nobody was even mentioning of the OG RE2, ya illiterate retard.
Not even him but the guy called it Demake 2, which implies it's not as good as the original. It absolutely was mentioned.

neither is pretending shit games are good

Attached: whatthefuckamireading.jpg (736x1080, 75K)

Exactly.
Games like Tomb Raider are fucking fantastic because once you grasp the controls and its rules they're super fun. You're not playing a game that handholds your or tells you what to do. It gives you a scenario and its up to you to work through it and find out how the level works.

Classic Tomb Raider defines games perfectly, there's no bullshit you just have to play.
Its super fun. You have cut scenes to follow a simple story but the Tomb Raiders require you to explore and check everything out its so much fucking game. I still play the old ones because there's nothing that does that much gameplay, every sequel of TR also added more commands and such its epic.

If you're going to play the rest of the games don't forget the expansion packs total games:
Tomb Raider 1
Tomb Raider 1 Unfinished Business (Also known as "Gold")
Tomb Raider 2
Tomb Raider 2 Golden Mask (Also known as "Gold")
Tomb Raider 3
Tomb Raider 3 Lost Artefact (Also known as "Gold")
Tomb Raider 4 The Last Revelation
Tomb Raider 4 TIMES bonus level
Tomb Raider Chronicles (Go to TRLE.net for levels made by fans on this games engine, some of them are pretty fucking good)
Tomb Raider Angel Of Darkness

These should be all the PS1 style games. (Added AOD anyway though)

Attached: Return of the tomb raider.png (545x577, 460K)

Was it originally a much larger game? I'm playing through it again, and occasionally I see things that imply a much larger game than we got. Krauser coming out of nowhere is the biggest example.

>Dev hell because we didn't see it at e3
4 came out in 2005 and 7 came out in 2017. Mainline RE games are 4 years apart anymore, if it's not their next year then you can talk

No, it's arguably one of the worst games which is a shame because it had a ton of potential.

I found it incredibly boring and I think it would have benefited from having storage boxes.

Based

Holy shit I am retarded I was thinking of Zero because Rebecca.

Yes, Remake is the high point of the series.

Yes, RE4 used to be a very different game.
Ignore RE4 fags who say the game came out as intended, the RE4 we got was a dumbed down shittier version.
There also sources, if you go to the wiki get the general names for the builds and you can look them all up and find interviews on some of them.

RE4 has LOTS of cut versions and scenario's. Some we can only speculate one but one version that seemed to involve Jill potentially.

RE4 has lots of cuts and had dumbed down ideas because the PS2 couldn't handle it, the PS2 couldn't handle the type of enemy and virus that was originally being designed so lots of it was simplified to Spanish people with a blood lust.
I hate RE4 but its early ideas were genuinely good. (If you like RE4 I'm not bashing or judging just stating about the early versions).

In essence though, the version of RE4 we got was an intentionally shitter version of what were meant to get since they couldn't make it work on PS2.
its cut elements were incorporated into several other games.
Resident Evil 5 (virus design somewhat)
Haunting Ground (Early scenario and areas cut from the game from original version)
Devil May Cry (Brothers were cut from the game and action more akin to what became DMC also areas)

I think I'm missing one but I don't really remember now.
(Speculative) Also RE4 was meant to be continuing a slight sub plot that was started in Remake 1 and RE0 regarding Lisa Trevor, I believe Leon was meant to be afflicted with the virus in the same she was.

The original RE2 is the best of the series though.

It is a very faithful remake that changes enough to make the game fresh again while retaining the feel of RE2.

It's also a more challenging game despite being more forgiving in terms of inventory management and puzzles: there's less needless padding through trekking around and less of a need to make multiple trips for a task, but resource management is still a main concern for the player.

My biggest gripe with it is adaptive difficult and zombies being SUCH bullet sponges. I don't mind them being tough but accurate shooting should be rewarded more.

IIRC the Fatal Frame games usually just barely make it over 6 digits in terms of sales with the other games being similar or lower (excluding SH which usually sold well).

Remake 3 hopes?

Attached: jillvoth_bed7.jpg (4016x6016, 2.31M)

They do it

Lots of Jill costumes

Attached: 1541861015196.jpg (500x375, 46K)

Not really when it's a step down in difficulty, puzzles, level design, and resource management in comparison to the original RE.

I love Jill's gay 90's bitch wear

Attached: 1551553068377.jpg (891x1079, 168K)

Attached: jill_outfits_all.jpg (1900x2060, 646K)

I agree with this

good taste

I only liked RE4 because of the ryona death scenes
Heaven help me, I've been fucked in the head ever since.

Attached: thumb-1920-311849.jpg (1280x1024, 226K)

Attached: 1537719111312.jpg (640x480, 113K)

Imagine all these outfits but with a shittier face.

I've wanted to fuck Inezh since this game first came out. I wonder what she's doing now.

I hope there is a wedding dress too

Attached: 1540144945101.png (426x586, 270K)

I agree wholeheartedly.

Jill always reminded me of that athletic Stacey from high school who was a total sweetheart to everyone, including my beta incel ass.

much more open but not open world
and a non gimped nemesis
can follow you through the entire map constantly, but with less rigidness than mr x
i.e walking down a street and your first realisation that something is wrong is a missile hitting you from the top of a building
its needs to include stealth, but not sneaking around - just hiding - and not like "hop into dumpster, i'm safe" either

Based and Becca-pilled

Attached: becca_gasmask.webm (1920x1080, 758K)