What is Auto Chess?

What is Auto Chess?

Is it a genre? Is it a meme?

Attached: Auto-Chess.jpg (1094x602, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UqvTD8vPSN4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Both, is the new memegenre. Proof is that you made yet another autochess thread.

What's new or interesting about it?

It adds gacha rng bullshit to the standard pvp TD formula

You had your question answered in the thread 2 hours ago, bug man.

League of Losers gets it too now, pfffthhh.

Further devolution of the RTS genre from dota-clones where the games essentially play themselves

who names this garbage? it sounds like a game where it plays chess for you and I'm never touching ti because of the lame name alone

Attached: 1538147811662.jpg (500x372, 29K)

literally chinks

Starcraft killed RTS. Nobody wants to even try to compete with that game.

>you dont have to micro troops
>you can win via better formation (static knowledge)
>theres a big element of RNG/chance (which feelsgoodman its like gambling)
>you can watch youtube while playing

The name AutoChess is as DotA is to MOBA, just the name of the original mod/custom mode. Eventually a proper "genre name" will be recognized as MOBA came to be.

I always assumed it was chess that played itself like a chinkshit autobattle mmo.

Is Droto's Auto Chess going to be the next HoN?

It's for the faggots who can't play MOBA and MOBA is for faggots who can't play RTS.

It already is. They didn't change their horrid item system so its just going to fall behind when everyone adds less RNG

moba is a term coined by riot because they didn't want their game to be called dota-like

I think more than that, the inaccessibility of the genre makes it difficult for companies to turn profits. Back in the day, really great single player campaigns were a tremendous selling point even if you weren't great at the games, but in modern times multiplayer/competition is king and it's one genre where there is a pretty massive technical dexterity barrier on top of knowledge and experience. And when that gap in skill/experience/dexterity is present, you lose HARD, and it's just not something people want to deal with. Especially in a 1v1 format, as shitters can't even blame teammates to salve their wounded ego.

Well they rejected big company Valve after having them fly to their office, pay for their accommodation and only to get rejected. That itself is a huge victory in a way.

Yeah, and either Valve or Riot (again) is gonna coin a term to avoid being called AutoChess-like (since that'll be its own standalone game) and it'll catch.

>saves the autochess genre

Attached: TFT_Island_Illustration.0.jpg (1200x800, 92K)

>tfw don't know wich version of autochess to play cuss all of them are the same

just playing autochess on mobile rn cus is the only one avaliable

Attached: 1553929481167.jpg (360x270, 24K)

indeed

There are copycats on mobile already, I hear the sci-fi one is good.
They are throwing so much new mechanics or ideas in it I can imagine it being a balanced clusterfuck for awhile. 3x7 hex map, all players share a item carousel on loot rounds, bench is 9 units, all items combine into something even 2 of the same, no ability cooldowns everything is balanced around mana generation, items are super crazy. There is an item in TFT that lowers the rank of an enemy unit, which seems ridiculous. Counters getting 9 of a single unit which takes tons of gold and many rounds.

Its weird they still have the courier from DAC though, but I think they wanted something to monetize and player controlled unit just works

league version looks the most interesting one rn

isn't the Dragonest Game one legit?
cus is from one of the devs of the original game

I think they have grand ideas but didn't pan them all out right
>you travel to other boards and fight directly 1v1 rather than send clone armies
This works well when its even player counts, but it seems VERY odd that on odd rounds someone fights a clone army. They designed a system to not have clone armies, but still end up using clone armies.

The Dragonest one is just called Auto Chess and its been on mobile for months, and comes to Epic Store later this year. Its "okay". It doesn't build upon the mod much it just added QoL features everyone will do. Underlords is already better than that, and TFT will likely be as well.

What is this and why should I care?

Riot's version will probably have the fewest bad qualities while Valve's version will have the most good qualities.

its a successfull minigame. you could say that BECAUSE ITS A MINIGAME it has success, it will never manage to survive as standalone game.
league of legends version will the most played, because its an "app" in their league launcher.
Valve will fail misserably again, for the same reasons as artikek failed

looks like overwatch logo

I don't understand how to play it.

>implying Valve cares about it being successful on PC
Its about being on mobile in a week from now, and having crossplay so people are more likely to play this on PC because it also just carries over to mobile when they leave the computer.

The problem I could see for League is the client launching games, it takes fucking ages just to launch and load into matches on League. TFT will be vastly different from everyone else so if the genre gets boring TFT will definitely be the one to spice it up more even if its a balance nightmare

Better than getting no items at all in a whole game like the custom game.

It's the genre that is going to replace battle royals. The clones are already being pumped out pretty fast. When Epic pays streamers to play their version, it will be the new hot shit.

Valve's Auto Chess has way more fucked up RNG, you can get useless stuff and get high tier itens/spells that fits your comp and breaks the game

Chinese backed shovelware pushed by tencent/epic game store

Drodo autochess is soulless, they added nothing from the transition from mod to standalone game

Valves actually tries to make a better game, most of the issued are just that it's a mobile game being rushed to be playable on pc

Riots is going to suck ass

But they kinda fixed the item RNG with tango/mango, and you can still get more punished with Valve's Auto Chess because of the way that damage is calculated there

You know Riot games will win again. They always do against Valve.

It's mahjong

Attached: 1552464442923.png (1920x1080, 837K)

Is Drodo's version already out?

>Especially in a 1v1 format
I'm a shitter and I hate team based games because knowing that I'm ruining things for other people is way more of a buzzkill than sucking on my own.

I thought Yea Forums said DOTA was the better game

More like Valve tried to pay them with peanuts forcing them to go to an alternative route. Fucking cheap ass motherufckers.

on mobile. Should be called Auto Chess.
>of the way that damage is calculated there
Explain, because it seems the same outside of Valve speeding up the pace of the game. Valve just needs to nerf a few things, maybe add one more item slot per unit, and maybe Io/Wisp but I have no clue how that would work when it uses auto-comibing now.

What other custom games can we turn into mobileshit?
I remember there was some Chinese Nexus Wars clone for mobile.
My money is on that shitty Vietnamese farm TD that some guy translated with google translate. It has the satisfying element of autochess where you're buying guys and combining them and can get sick combos where you get exactly what you need and upgrade like 3 times back to back.
youtube.com/watch?v=UqvTD8vPSN4

You may need to look up, I don't know much but there's some rewards that gives you some extra damage and 3* units seems busted, I remember taking 11 damage of just one DR 3* and Pudge 3*, you can take 20+ damage easily, I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the formula is different

Why would anyone want to play this on their phones? games can go on for about 30 mins at a time

They rebalanced some synergies or changed some units, but the likely bigger part is just being able to get fully completed items on loot rounds rather than build into them

it's a chess game with card-game like stats and gacha RNG

The sci-fi one managed to shorten average round time to 20~ minutes.

Name?

It just takes some rebalancing. 50 health instead of 100, fixed the game for mobile

there is unironicly no reason to commit yourself to a single autochess game. They're all very casual, and don't require much commitment to grind or get good at the game. And it'd be fun to switch things up every once in a while.

But I might not play Riot's version just because it's tied to the LoL client.

>Gaben: "these things, they take time"
>see a new cash cow
>manage to pump a game in 3 months

Look how fucking greedy and fast valve is to release shit when there a lot of money on the line.

Attached: 8777.jpg (640x360, 53K)

To be fair, they already have the assests made

>company does things to earn money
>libtranny gets shocked

Attached: 5.jpg (470x540, 45K)

I prefer ASSFAGGOTS

We don't know how they will monetize yet. I think Drodo is just all on the courier, Riot's will also likely all be on the courier. Valve has no courier, but has an Underlord that is currently just a silhouette in a picture. No one is going to want to pay for a nicer looking picture.

I could see a Town of Salem like "bonus to getting Undead" microtransaction so if you want to keep doing a build you can actually just pay to make the chances of those units appear more likely.

>place creatures on board
>combine similar cards to make stronger creatures

Is this the entirety of the gameplay?

Attached: cf4e401a50beee2f4c549e005e58de5c.png (420x420, 26K)

Obsessed

Cant wait for my favorite e-thots jumping on the bandwagon.

Attached: aOCt9do.jpg (3438x5152, 1.04M)

>mobile technology from artifact
>models imported from dota and modding assets
>simple mechanic, probably uses a lot of preexisting code from dota and modding tools

I'll be surprised if they didn't pump it out in 3 weeks.

Guys... I think I'm in love

Attached: kf6fgfj1nj431.png (610x767, 481K)

Move them around to make a strong formation, or a formation to counter specific people. The way to save or spend gold is part of the strategy, as is purposely losing to get losing streak gold. Trade health for an extra gold per turn basically

Knowing when your unit synergies will just not pan out to sell and go all in on another strategy. Is mahjong in that everyone buys from the same overall pool so if 3 people go for the same shit, everyone is sharing units and no one will be as strong as they would by going a different strat

and the game looks like clash of clans

Attached: hhahaha.jpg (1052x1198, 355K)

God I want to marry the Necromancer in Clash of Clans

dota underlords is the most fun imo, although it needs a ton of work yet

Autochess is like a competitive tower defense card game.

I have no idea why Yea Forums has a stick up its ass over this new genre of game.

Netstorm did it first.

because of its associations with mobas, which Yea Forums constantly struggles trying to justify how they can suck at them and still call them easy at the same time

Because Netstorm did it first

Shill begone

Probably because it's the most cancerous combination. It's like a really fucking basic card game, except now with a grid that makes brainlets think there's some added complexity and the game doesn't just fundamentally boil down to luck.

I don't think games like this have any competitive merit.

I've been playing mahjong for only two days and I know it's definitely not mahjong.

That's because I can understand autochess. I can't for the life of mine understand how a game like mahjong survived the ages, me and my family can't even agree on how to play monopoly or uno, how the fuck did a game with 42 win conditions survive

literally no one is playing this genre with the idea of it going competitive

There will be a competitive scene of some sort, guaranteed.

It's the way to give publicity to the game. Happened with Heathstone already.

It would be hilarious if Valve made an Autochess tournament before than an Artifact tournament.

I guess that's why Yea Forums hates Doom too, since Wolfenstein did it first.

I don't see Artifact to be ever updated again

learning mahjong is super easy though, I just played two games and finished first and second, mastering it is hard for sure but just playing at novice level is simple as shit

i'll wait for the Riot Auto Chess.
It will have the cutest girls in it

Underlords is surprisingly fun. Like it far better than the phone version of drodos game already

looks like ass nevertheless

Begone shill