kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2525512
kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2532170/comments
youtu.be/zrv78nG9R04
trello.com/b/GXLc34hk/epic-games-store-roadmap
reddit.com/r/Games/comments/bz10e8/e3_2019_shenmue_iii/eqorttq/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Me

God steamcels are the worst

The fact that people thought it looked like shit, so now they have to actually try and sell units.

Cum

Nothing. This is a purely monetary decision.

The payoff from Epic is more than enough to make up for any lost sales. Unless the devs (not the publisher) protest this decision enough, the statement made is purely for PR and probably won’t affect the exclusivity.

Probably the widespread, uniform backlash from basically everyone on the Internet, and a lot of their backers said they would try to refund their donations specifically because of this.

have cope

the fact the people they pissed off paid for their shit game

Yu Suzuki is the new Keiji Inafune.

According to The Quartering and his inside source at Deep Silver( who no longer works for them), they ran out of Kickstarter money and Deep Silver had to bail them out, and in return for them "saving their ass", they now call the shots and are forcing them to go Epic exclusive.

Not that this paints Yu Scamzuki in any more positive light. Should have spent less on expensive wine bottles that cost in excess of a thousand Euros per piece (look up the prices yourself of the kind of liquor he consumes on the regular) -

wine-searcher.com/find/lafite rothschild pauillac medoc bordeaux france/1943

Based. It's just a fucking launcher, it doesn't affect anything. It's like going online and throwing a shitfit that your Amazon order came in a grey box instead of a brown box like it was advertised.

It's more like complaining that your product ships with a virus botnet instead of being clean.

Imagine being this paranoid. The botnet claim has literally no evidence supporting it whatsoever. You sound like a tinfoil hat wearing moron

And Yea Forums always defend Suzuki.
What a fraud!

Universal backlash will do that.

Also they put themselves in a possibly actionable position given the contract they made with backers.

Kickstarter backers asking for refunds

Ryo's head looks too small

>It's just a fucking launcher, it doesn't affect anything

Nice try, bugman.

My tinfoil hat is very fashionable.

>no evidence
>caught redhanded sniffing Steam data
>it's fucking Tencent

And you sound like a literal representative from tencent. Frig off Chang

A shitload of lawsuits from upset backers because they basically used false advertising
I'm pretty sure this is illegal in a lot of countries
Good on the people going to court over this, I hope kikestarter crashes and burns and so do these fucking publishers out for a quick buck

Attached: 1514712525965.jpg (1440x2089, 256K)

Do these devs not care about how they're damaging their brand?

> Caught importing Steam friend lists, which was a widely requested feature
> 40% owned by Tencent and operated in a hands off way
> Not buying into ridiculous conspiracy theories makes you a shill
Eat shit Steamcels

pcinvasion.com/shenmue-3-ryo-hazuki-journey/

"Indeed, Ryo’s story will only be 40% complete by the end of the game — but this was actually already known. Around three years ago, Suzuki hosted an AMA (ask me anything) at Reddit, where he talked game development and, of course, Shenmue. Responding to a question on where the third game fell on his original story timeline, Suzuki replied that the original plan wasn’t just three games, but many.

“There are a total of 11 chapters that make up the whole story,” Suzuki wrote, likely also through a translator. “Over the past 14 years I originally planned for there to 4 or five games to the series. If at all possible, I would still like to realize the full story of 11 chapters.”"

11 FUCKING MORE CHAPTERS

11 MORE FUCKING KIKESTARTERS

SCAM CONFIRMED

this probably, if they're forced to actually start to refund backers then even more people will ask for even more refunds and so and so, and Suzuki will have to commit sudoku for his new chinese overlords.

>post yfw Epic and Deepshitver finally killed kikestarter

Attached: b2b86de3153f82130f4c966b48e81b960f423992v2_hq.jpg (574x606, 68K)

pcinvasion.com/shenmue-3-ryo-hazuki-journey/

"Indeed, Ryo’s story will only be 40% complete by the end of the game — but this was actually already known. Around three years ago, Suzuki hosted an AMA (ask me anything) at Reddit, where he talked game development and, of course, Shenmue. Responding to a question on where the third game fell on his original story timeline, Suzuki replied that the original plan wasn’t just three games, but many.

“There are a total of 11 chapters that make up the whole story,” Suzuki wrote, likely also through a translator. “Over the past 14 years I originally planned for there to 4 or five games to the series. If at all possible, I would still like to realize the full story of 11 chapters.”"

8 FUCKING MORE CHAPTERS BEFORE THIS SHIT SAGA OF DRIVING FORKLIFTS CONCLUDES

8 MORE FUCKING KIKESTARTERS

SCAM CONFIRMED

For a series revived by the goodwill, keeping that is fucking important. They can recoup the cost now, but how about future titles? What happens if zoomers money ran-out or Tim think japs games aren't hip.

Attached: 1515903234261.jpg (854x640, 100K)

Only with autists that throw a tantrum over clicking a different icon to launch the game. And no one really cares what those people think anyway. It's a vocal minority

Their own forum. It was deluged with refund requests.

pathetic

Attached: 1560130458699.png (604x613, 495K)

>wanting a security nightmare software on your computer that doesnt even have a shopping kart and is anti-gaming in general

Legal action. You cant take money, promising one thing and then not deliver

i'm conflicted. on one hand the privacy and tencent complaints are based on misinformation propagated by mouthbreathers whose parents failed to teach them critical thinking skills. on the other hand i hate those stupid dog-eating slants. i guess it doesn't matter though because either way i'm pirating this game lol

> What do you think scared them?
Gamers rising up.

Attached: 1560618344853.png (392x489, 225K)

Attached: dancing in Yu Suzuki fucking grave.webm (854x480, 2.78M)

As if Kickstarter devs don't already have it bad, these people fucked over more or less the entire platform.

Attached: 1438096168433.gif (240x221, 1017K)

wtf I love Deep Silver now.

gameindustry.com/editorials/hardcore/e3-2019-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/

"As if Sony dragging out Yu Suzuki three years ago to scam nostalgia goggle wearing fans out of $2 million just to garner interest in a Shenmue 3, it was announced during E3 that the PC version of the game, despite being promised a Steam code at launch, would now be an Epic Game Store exclusive. I wouldn’t be so upset with that part myself, but here’s what infuriates me. Those who backed the game on Kickstarter expecting a Steam code are rightfully demanding refunds, but the publisher, Deep Silver, is refusing to do that!

I’ve always said that when it comes to Kickstarter campaigns that “a fool and their money are soon parted,” and yes there were some successful campaigns such as with Elite Dangerous. But for every Elite Dangerous, there’s a Star Citizen, and a Shenmue 3.

I will not be supporting this game at all, and it just keeps digging itself further and further into an early grave. I really hope that those who expected it on Steam get their money back, but don’t get your hopes up."

>advertise being on a specific platform
>raise money based on that advertisement
>decide to not be on that platform and not return the money of those who paid for you to be on that platform
This isn't about steam you corporate cocksock, it's about false advertisement.
Would you be like this if they decided fuck the PS4 release because Microsoft paid us a ton to make it exclusive to Xbox and PC?

Just cause he's paranoid doesn't mean people ain't following him

>this was confirmed a long time ago
Oh my fucking God Yu, I'm pretty sure everyone expected you to dial that shit back. Shenmue couldn't survive 2 games and you seriously expect it to last 9 games? This guy is fucking delusional. Shenmue doesn't even have the best story to begin with. Yakuza made it to 4 games before fatigue set in, I don't see this going well

> Security nightmare
Just use Paypal, that's what I do
> Shopping kart
Sounds like a fun new racing game. In all seriousness, that's a fair criticism and they should fix it
> anti-gaming
Annnnd that's where you lost me. This is a "REEEEEE GAMERS RISE UP WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY" tier complaint and you can't expect anyone to take it seriously

>giving the bugmen any means of getting money from you
>not to mention the countless amounts of times chinks try to login to your account

Imagine giving your data to a company so incompetent they cant figure out how to use an API. I'VE programmed shit that uses the steam API, and I'm a fuckin tardmutt burger.
would randomly plug in usbs he found on the ground. "Its only 40% owned by spyware Satan", "it works just as well if you buy 1 game a week without a cart", "CAWN SPEAR AYE CEE! they only got caught yellow handed at best"
I'll stick with my steam monopoly, and store made without rice-noodle code.

Attached: kWdcbdE.png (1268x1186, 233K)

>backlash from fans
>fans
Highly doubt any of those steam kids have even played Shenmue

>implying steam isn't a botnet

Attached: 1535492101837.jpg (250x250, 16K)

I really don't want to deal with the Chinese in any way if I can avoid it, and I can definitely avoid epic and that piglike motherfucker Suhweeny.

>40% owned by Tencent and operated in a hands off way
>the CEO says so so it must be true
Yeah, still waiting on Justice for Enron. CEO said they din do nuffin and yet ebil gubment wrecked 'em.

Shenmue 1 & 2 are on steam, user...

Attached: hahaha fucking idiot.jpg (340x371, 50K)

>French wine
A man of taste I reckon.

But this is why Kickstarter projects are always doomed to fail or to end underwhelming. Getting showered with so much money at once will ALWAYS make people crazy, it's kinda like winning the lottery.

Oh yeah, I guess that means they played them. Retard.

they refused to give out refunds and that is illegal

They're more likely to have played it than you are, you mongoloid cocksucker.

Please support Ys Studio, Suzuki-san need your "donations" to support his lavish lifestyle.

Maybe we'll get Shenmue characters in the next Saints Row?

Don't worry Shenmue, Pokemon is being a martyr and trying to direct the hate to itself.
>Gamefreak so incompetent they manage to beat out Fallout 76, Commander Keen, Battletoads and Shenmue III

Attached: Only Nintendo game on list.jpg (965x767, 115K)

>people backing random shitty looking PS2 games on kikestarter for no good reason
How delusional can one man get

using or not using paypal doesn't end the litany of retards trying to spam login or reset my password.

It's a safe bet that the steam kids have played shenmue where the epic kids have not

either they're pushing back AC so people can work on pokemon and fix it, or they're going to sell the rest of the dex as DLC. Nintendo is one of the few companies that actually takes criticism to heart. See: mario maker 2 online w/ friends

>hey guys we promise the game will be out on steam if you fund us!
Nothing wrong will happen if they release it exclusively on Epic.

Kickstarter is not a store to sell pre-orders.

Maybe a costume for johnny gat

>(((Rothschild)))

Why the hate for Chivalry 2? Is it angry Mordhau devs and sponsors? Or was there some Ebin store involvement

Attached: Pumapunku-8.jpg (1259x944, 455K)

>aint nobody disliking a tactics muppet game
all is right with the world

I just want an explanation of how Ryo somehow looks worse than in the Dreamcast games.

Right now the biggest problem is that Nintendo only has 1/3rd control of Pokemon, unlike with AC and Bing Bing Wahoo.

I think the devs need 3 billions usd to upgrade Shenmue 3's graphic and animation, start donating guys.

epic store exclusive

>super hyper for this game
>epic deal announced
well fuck them I'm gonna pirate then. This ones on you sweeney
>shitstorm.gif from fans
>they bring it back to steam
>I'm still gonna pirate it the second it's cracked
unironically would have bought it gladly if they hadn't been such faggots but now I will never ever give them a cent for it

Attached: 1552374243680.png (705x419, 164K)

That's exactly the modus operandi of the steam sóy. They probably looked at it for five seconds after they bought it and decided it was dated 6th gen shit. kys valvecucks

No, but people are stupid and think that it is, so in a sense it is.

that isn't going to happen
too much shit depends on pokemon to be delayed
>anime, card game, merchandise, possibly the new switch too
if anything they will patch them in later

>no one cares what those people think
>"exclusivity will be assessed"
How much does Epic pay you per post?

More like your product shipping ok like steam or shipping with feces smeared all over it and since you don't care you better lick the product clean faggot

That's not what he's saying, he saying if devs can just jump PC launchers on a whim with no consequence, people are going to be less likely to back projects from lesser known devs, meaning honest devs can't get the budget to get started.

Whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night

Dilate

How hard is it for chink brainlets to figure out that people want promises to be kept

Attached: 1558547681659.png (645x729, 131K)

Why do you even care?

>projecting this much
I don't buy games before I look at them and neither should you

Attached: 1514626683333.png (500x786, 152K)

I will never install your shitty launcher on my pc chinkroach. I would sooner stop playing games altogether

>the quartering
Fuck off

its not just a fucking launcher
i won't support or use anything from that garbage company
epic can eat shit

Pre-ordering is bad. Devs should just go to bank and take loans there like normal businesses do.

Steam is not a platform. It is accepted DRM.
Why does it matter what program launches your game? Either way it will run on your PC.
Also you argument is a red herring. You don't have to pay to use steam or epic. You need to pay to use a ps4 or xbox.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BUY MY GAMES WESTERN IMPERIALIST PIG

Attached: 1558546141858.png (707x500, 103K)

Except they promised a "digital copy of Shenmue 3 for PC", there are no mention of Steam, except for system requirements, which are subject to change. Survey from 2018 doesnt count, as its was conducted 3 years after the kickstarter.

Shenmue 3 devs are the biggest retards I have ever seen. Why not just send those backers a drm-free version?

If they decide to bring it back on Steam launch day, I'll buy it if it's good. No harm no foul. That's a big if though, since it's more likely Epic will just pay for refunds and that will be that.

Nothing's gonna change, it's going to stay an Epic exclusive. This is just them pretending to appeal to angry backers and hope it all blows over.

you are endorsing epic by using their launcher
don't support shit companies

>Process topping
>"Now melts"
What the fuck is that?

The game will be drm free most likely, so it doesnt matter what store do you use.

>Gamers actually rose up

Attached: 1541817843871.png (590x681, 381K)

Damn the Epic shills are out in full force this morning.
Take a look at any comments on the kickstarter or steam page and you'll realize that Epic is a dumpster fire, only a matter of time before they close shop for good.

american "cheese"

Attached: 1514483474165.jpg (3024x4032, 718K)

Hope these devs get their asses sued into oblivion and go bankrupt.

Me, because I reported them to the ACCC lol. The same guys who made Steam kowtow and offer digital refunds.

Epic gained this exclusivity arrangement by offering the publishers a better deal than Steam did. If Steam wants so badly to sell the game on their own store, why don't they simply offer the publishers a better deal than Epic did?

Attached: consider the following.jpg (600x600, 32K)

>the game will be drm-free
>in a drm store
You forgot your brain. Pick it back before posting.

I will be banned because this faggot website is owned by the chinks

The EU

Why would Steam do that? It's backers who wanted a steam key as offered.

What scared them is the threat of a mass amount of lawsuits since they kickstarted the game as being available on steam, then said it wouldn't be on steam, and would not offer refunds to people who didnt want it on epic store. This violates both EU and Australian law.

>22k /fuckepic/ subs think they're majority, when in reality they're loud minority, like sjws
>actual majority just silently buys stuff, niche factory game literally sold 500k copies on egs lol

Drm is optional, like steam.

Can't read OP pic?

Mr. Xi, you're facing the wrong way.

Nobody back in 2015 could have reasonably expected Shenmue 3 to be on the fucking Epic Games Store, and the 2018 survey does count as intention to release it on the platform, as well as, you know, the fucking steam page for Shenmue 3.

Probably the fact that the game is already niche as fuck and its chances of selling are shitty even without all this drama. The Shenmue game mechanics have aged poorly

Maybe the first wave of chargebacks started happening

>still being brainless

22k people is a minority?
I'm sure a lot of insects were happy to use the egs, but we are talking about real people here

Dog-eating savages out of my clubhouse now.

It has nothing to do with Steam wanting to sell the game, it's that people backed the Shenmue 3 kickstarter and were promised a steam key when it released.

All major corporations are shitty and all act the same. The only reason Value has never played the exclusive card is because there was no competition.

The second game is like chapter 3-5. Nowhere did he state 9 more games.

>Let's discuss it
>We already signed a contract with Epic saying we'll get our ass sued if we pull out
>Cool guess it's Epic exclusive.

There you go.

They never promised the PC version would be on Steam

I dunno why they're trying. It's clear the game is gonna bomb and the Epic move was to make some guaranteed money in spite of it. It's releasing in a packed window and the reactions around everything they've put out is less than stellar to anyone who isn't a Shenmue fan.

Steam is a worse botnet because I'm american and steam is american

Why can't burgers just eat normal cheese?

Chink shills are off their state-mandated holiday I see. How long until Epic has a functioning shopping cart again? lmao

Have sales.

store.steampowered.com/app/878670/Shenmue_III/

It doesn't matter what launcher, but if I put money into your kickstarter and one of the advertised features were cut I'd be pissed about it. Regardless of the feature.
If they only said "playable on PC", it'd suck but I'd just shrug my shoulders and deal.
But they specifically said Steam. Full stop.
That's why people are pissed, that's why a class action lawsuit is in the works.
Don't let companies just lie to you and still give them money.

>bugman shill immediately goes silent

>already deleted
Cant post this shit, but you can call for genocide of niggers outside of /pol/ all day long.

Jews, what else

Attached: 1515292007085.gif (500x282, 2.08M)

It's Gamefreak so they won't. Best case scenerio and this is a long shot of the highest order is Gamefreak making 2020 a break year and promising full compatibility in the Sinnoh remakes.

Has anyone made a Steam group page to /mark/ games that come crawling back after their Epic Exclusive is up? I need to know which devs to avoid from now on.

>No evidence
>Indie game removed steam client files from EGS release and the game failed to launch without it
>User requested to see the personal information EGS gathered from his PC, but EGS accidentally sent that info to a different user
>TOS literally states they can monitor your every move as long as the launcher is running on your PC

>Make a niche game that needs a vocal fanbase to support it just so it can be funded
>Proceed to piss off a large portion of your fanbase and destroy your underdog rep
Good way to make sure you never release another game. I'm guessing they were assuming the fanbase wouldn't be as pissed off as they are, believing that they cared more about the game than the idea that the developers can keep a promise and be reliable in regards to all their other promises.

Yu is just too old and probably underestimated everything.He definitely needs someone calling the shots and Sony probably did not invest much after the kick starter. Sega should have worked with him again, at least they wold have made sure that Shenmue 3 would be on every fucking platform.

This.

>So fake it can't even call it's self proper American cheese product
>Can't even call it's self value it's so cheap

That's the kind of stuff they find in your intestines a month after you ate it.

>Shenmue 3 backers never played Shenmue

>advertise being on a specific platform
except they didn't, they advertised it would come to PC but did not specify any storefront in kickstarter description. Which is great for them because according to kickstarter TOS they did not break any rules or contracts - as long as they deliver it on PC. Doesn't matter whether Steam, GoG, Epic, or direct download.
Kickstarter does not allow changing tier descriptions or goals of a live project, so anything promised on KS will be just a bare minimum and / or as vague as humanly possible so it can then later be removed or changed by the creator if the the project has been funded.
Tier descriptions mention "PHYSICAL COPY - PC" and "DIGITAL COPY - PC", nowhere does it mention Steam. Same for project description. People just assumed that it would be Steam because let's be honest, it is the biggest store out there.

>raise money based on that advertisement
again, no. they did not advertise Steam, at least not on KS, and as far as KS is concerned everything is okay. People just assumed that PC == Steam

>decide to not be on that platform and not return the money of those who paid for you to be on that platform
As I stated before - anything promised on KS will be just a bare minimum and / or as vague as possible so that they don't have to give money even if they fuck they customers over (because technically they did not break any contracts).

Now, I'm not defending anyone here, what creators made here is disgusting and even further ruined kickstarter credibility (lel, like there ever was any) but then again - no contracts were broken.

Timmy himself said their cut is unsubstainable so why would Valve match it?

>promised a steam key
Steam wasn't brought up until 3 years after the kickstarter. I was hoping they'd release the physical PC version without any DRM, but after Steam was announced, I chose the PS4 version.

Attached: 1535560303733.png (635x814, 59K)

not like it matters
they already got paid from kickstarter, sony funding, and epic buying a million copies of the game
they made over 100 million without even releasing the game

If they swap back to Steam they will get massive amounts of PR, and then good PR with it.

They could use Epic and sell far more copies than ever.

>Combat options being backer exclusive.

Cancer.

>tfw bloodstained was picked up by 505 games
could have been worse I guess, and they are delivering most of their promises

Attached: 443657dc44e4f7af72963f864be26a38_original.jpg (700x921, 272K)

Valve never forced exclusivity on the medium. While you may argue that it's because there weren't other major stores, consider that Valve allows creating and selling keys completely free. You could literally use steam servers and rack 100% of the profit, as long as you also provide your game to Steam users.

Those backers are loyal Steam customers. Offering a good service to customers is how you keep them. That's why. Of course, in reality, Steam doesn't care whether they sell Shenmue 3 or not. They believe that Shenmue fans aren't worth catering to because they're a relatively small portion of Steam's massive user base.

If Steam doesn't want to sell Shenmue 3, why do Shenmue fans even want to support Steam by buying it there? Why are they protesting for the right to support a corporation that doesn't care about them?

They wont do shit. Deep Silver have shown they are some of the greediest in the industry.

Steam should just cut the bullshit and change the contract or whatever the fuck so if you put a game on the store you can't pull like some shitty dev/publishers have done. Sure they can still put it on other platforms and all but none of this advertise it on Steam then suddenly sell out and go exclusively elsewhere bullshit.

Gamers rose up.

look at all the angry retards replying to this guy, every single post is either racism, lies, or idiocy, really shows who the fuckepic people are

Attached: 1367724687038.gif (320x235, 2.55M)

>Devs should just go to bank and take loans there like normal businesses do.

Nobody is this retarded to think that you can just go to a bank as some no-name indie dev and get a loan for a game right?

You are a pretty low IQ to say that. What about the "Physical Copy - PC" being a box with an Epic key?

Here you go. I'll update it in a bit and make it public.
steamcommunity.com/groups/GamesEpicExclusive

Why does this shit look so fucking bad? It actually looks WORSE than Shenmie 1 & 2 by a huge margin.

>wrong FOV making everything look unrealistic
>BLOOM everywhere
>Fucking game centers in shaolin temples
>unrealistic portrayal of characters with ghibli style features
>Also Ryo looks like a fucking retard
>combat is completely floaty and characters turn and flip at super speed
>No attention to realism, such as having all of the minigames in a single spot without any other NPCs
>Voice acting arguably on par or worse than Shenmue 1 & 2

i.imgur.com/9KXiK8d.png
>If Steam doesn't want to sell Shenmue 3
How in the hell is it their decision affecting this you fucking insect?

SNK proved that 500k was likely Epic’s guaranteed sales after they came out and said they denied an exclusivity deal that would give them 100k+ guaranteed sales.

>相信我們笨蛋亂搞

>i.imgur.com/9KXiK8d.png
That survey was sent out last year, not during the kickstarter.

Offering a good service to customers is to offer a better deal to publishers who willingly fucked backers for more money? You are the dumbest troll to attempt this, you should go back to "but Epic and Steam are the same!"

It's colored food starch for people who are so poor, they can't even afford regular American "cheese". Forget the fact that a 16oz block of cheese is like, $2 and you can grate it onto anything.

xinjiang

Attached: 1543001162830.gif (768x409, 236K)

huawei is to wireless tech as tencent is to pc gaming

You shouldn't buzz angrily in defence of your bloated queen before calling someone else an insect. It makes you look like a hypocrite. But by all means, keep worshiping a corporation that doesn't care a lick about you.

> It's just a fucking launcher, it doesn't affect anything
then why do you seem to care either way?
if you are truly so indifferent, why do you sound so gluteally gored?

>literally last week system requirements said it on Steam

This story should be wrapped up for this game. There won't be any Shenmue 4 after this sells horribly and all goodwill by backers was eroded.

have kids tranny

He's literally saying that it isn't important. Learn to read.

>just a fucking launcher
Then why is Epic so desperate to quarantine everything into it? Surely they're offering millions out "just because".

Just because someone is going to argue about it, you might just mention that it doesn't necessarily mean exclusive, rather it was pulled from steam or some other store front at epic's request. Someone's going to be a nit picking bitch about how the outer worlds and metro exodus are on the windows store.

Because they're a rival company exercising their right to compete on a free market.

>monopolizing a product is competition

>What about the "Physical Copy - PC" being a box with an Epic key?
That's the standard for PC physical releases nowadays - a box with a code in it. Doesn't matter what code, it still is considered "physical" by PC standards. You may not like it, I certainly don't but that's how it is now. That's what you get for letting Gabe run rampart.

Exactly my point - Steam might have been mentioned but not anywhere in the kickstarter description.
So even though the creators are dicks, even if the technically pulled of a bait and swtich, from kickstarter point of view, everything is still fine, there will be PC release and the project will be delivered fully, so no need for refunds.

That's why I avoid kickstarter.

>original game still not fixed
>they made a persian with broken magic shit in it that literally no one asked for
>announce Chilvary 2 right after Mordhau release a spiritual sequel that is actually decent

I'm glad I didn't back this Kickstarter.

Attached: 73453454.png (1416x1000, 1M)

Who are you quoting? Competition is the opposite of monopoly.

What does TBC mean?

>everything up until a week ago specifically mentioned Steam
>not anywhere

Good point. "Exclusivity" clearly means "anywhere but Steam."

>he thinks the fuckepic sperging accounts for a majority of Shenmue backers
lmao

>you're only allowed to use our service, no one else
>this is somehow competition

Intel tried the same thing and it bit them in the ass.

>it's Gaben fault for kickstarters offering false products

don't forget to blacklist them

Attached: 1560387896179.png (654x263, 235K)

>braindead normies backed a Shenmue game
Then why haven't they said anything?

Or better yet why don't they just give backers a DRM-free copy of the game not tied to a specific platform so there's none of this console-war tier bullshit. The backers already gave them their money, I think they're entitled to it.

>Shenmue is planned to have more games than yakuza's mainline
>Despite it not even being as dense as yakuza 2
>the entire 8 games combined will be about as story packed as yakuza 5

Attached: 1386252161516.jpg (370x351, 18K)

Who are you quoting?

>But by all means, keep worshiping a corporation that doesn't care a lick about you.
Epicdrones have no self awareness.

Dumbshit Sweeney himself said it was unsustainable in the long term, he's just a shortsighted greedy cunt.

>Deep Silver
youtube.com/watch?v=YngbHOz--oc

Who are you quoting?

That would be great, but there's no use asking me. Have you asked the publishers that yourself?

Yes, user, when one store chain offers products that they've made sure no other chain offers, that is a method of competition.

Claiming silent majority doesn't works when it's a niche, active fandom. If they were minor the company would just refund anyway since it would be a just a little loss when compared to their current PR nightmare. Literally all sites, even Forbes roasted them over it.

Beware the chinaposters, anons. They have already infiltrated the board.

Where on Kickstarter then?
here's snapshot from 2016:
archive.is/TMOEx
no 'Steam' mentioned, PC copies are referred to as "DIGITAL COPY - PC", and "PHYSICAL COPY - PC"

here's snashot from 2015:
archive.is/lP8DS
no 'Steam' mentioned, PC copies are referred to as "DIGITAL COPY - PC", and "PHYSICAL COPY - PC"

It doesn't matter that Steam was mentioned outside of kickstarter because as I said before - kickstarter does not give a shit about promises made outside of that platform, they will only issue refunds if kickstarter specified goals are not met. And that's not the case here.

Yu Suzuki probably didn't do shit on the first games. It was a labour of love and technological progress with huge amounts of love for the rural japanese setting.

Shenmue 3 has none of that.

>quoting my post against epic
The fuck, nigger?

>only Walmart being allowed to sell milk would be competition for the milk market

You must be confusing me for another user.

Why would they? The only people speaking up are part of your dumbfuck reddit circlejerk, no one else fucking cares.

They are probably trolls looking for a cheap rise. Which isn't a bad thing, it keeps threads bumped and helps feeding into Epic hate.

I didn't back this shit fuck off.

No, but it's Gaben fault for the death of actual PC physical releases. Or rather it's Steam and it's users fault that "PC physical" definition changed to "a box with a goddamn steam code".

Reminder to never fund a kikestarter. They all end up like this.

I didn't quote anybody in my post. Lurk more.

No, it would be competition between supermarkets. The milk is the product being sold in this case. I've noticed that most critics of capitalism don't seem to understand how it works.

>reddit
So your entire argument is baseless shitposting, got it.

There was a sexual harassment scandal with the owner and the website imploded. Yea Forums laughed at them and started shitposting to scare away refugaffers. The most toxic of Neogaf came together and formed Era.

>Saints Row VI will be EGS exclusive

Fuck this gay earth

>a single video game is the same thing as a staple food product
seek help

Who are you quoting?

here

Attached: oh no no no.png (685x435, 20K)

Mordhau is shit though and I'm glad it still has competition, the combat feels far too sluggish and unwieldy for me
This whole "realism" bullshit about how you can only swing a sword two times before you're out of breath is fucking retarded and I hate these niggers for putting horses, explosives and ranged weaponry in their game, literally RUINS my fun

>implying that analogy wouldn't work regardless

>single
Interesting way of describing this shit happening en masse and if Tim had it his way it'd be all of them.

We just can't stop winning.

Attached: gaben is amused.png (680x629, 1.5M)

>food analogy

Every Kickstarter now
>FAQ
>Will this be Epic Exclusive?
>We have not committed to any storefront at this time.
>Will we get a DRM free copy?
>We have not committed to any storefront at this time

>quarterpounder

Attached: 1559777640553.jpg (943x960, 110K)

It could be a buttsex analogy and it'd be the same, that's what a fucking analogy is.

All the people who funded their project angrily demandeming their money back probably helped

>2004 Yea Forums: get laughed at just for buying games instead of pirating them
>2019 Yea Forums: unironically discuss about what's the best place to spend money on 0's and 1's
Fuck this place.

Steam offering free steam keys for companies and those companies not providing true physical copies aren't a fault of Gaben. Would you rather Steam didn't offer free keys?

This is a valid point. Valve is probably just riding out this storm, and they don't mind throwing the (relatively tiny) Shenmue fan base under the bus in the process. But I can't help but think that Epic's strategy would be even more short-lived if Steam fought back instead of letting Epic walk all over them.

>using analogies as an argument
That will be yikes from me, brother!

So then what proof do you have that the fuckepic people are the majority? Do I just need to take your own claim on good faith? Or are you just imagining that you people have to be the majority because you're just so righteous? You've even managed to misconstrue people reporting on the fuckepic ranting as a "PR nightmare" when really it's just making people confused who aren't familiar with your idiocy. Go back to your subreddit.

DAILY REMINDER

Attached: chinese posters.png (1039x711, 429K)

Probably the inevitable lawsuits from backers and Kickstarter itself. Also the statement about no refunds on a game that hasn't even come out probably raised the ire of a few governing bodies and consumer rights agencies around the world.
This has nothing to do with "outrage". Its that their lawyers finally talked to them out a legally perilous decision.

>tfw want to bait but the thought of being called a chink is too much

Attached: .jpg (480x480, 53K)

and fortnite is a good game

Attached: gayfag.jpg (800x450, 50K)

>Updates
well that's great but that is not part of an official list of rewards which only PC without any specific platform. So all they have to do is to deliver to PC and they won't have to issue refunds.
Updates don't matter and are not part of actual contract, they are rather just a way of communicating progress and well... updates to backers.

Why not just take Tim's money and refund the complainers? Did he really not pay them enough? They're retarded if they didn't negotiate a payout that would overshadow all the backer money.

It's 4 or 5 games, not fucking 8. Why do people keep thinking 1 chapter = 1 game.

>its another "single wipe in orbonne causes entire alliance to chimp out" episode

Attached: 1558874954035.jpg (425x448, 90K)

>ITT: All these mentally ill steam neets seething this hard
Keep seething, tick tock tick tock

Have dilate

>easily-understandable parallels are invalid
Twitter seems like a better place for you.

>So then what proof do you have that the fuckepic people are the majority?
Niche vocal fandom where everyone is against it.
>You've even managed to misconstrue people reporting on the fuckepic ranting as a "PR nightmare"
Okay little retard, let's consider: kickstarter page burning, Steam page a mess, reddit worse, facebook also against, twitter also being roasted, all major medias reporting with commentaries against them. If they are just a minority, why not refund them and avoid all this bad PR?

When is Klump gonna ban Tencent like Huawei?

>Fucking game centers in shaolin temples

Honestly I'm not sure if that's unrealistic or not. Where I used to work we had the orange robed Tibetan monks showing up flying drones all over the place. Monks these days are pretty high tech.

Piss eggs?

Attached: 1558124100562.jpg (507x522, 48K)

It's almost like there's a subreddit where people come together to shitpost about how much they hate epic, and they make sure to spread this shit far and wide, it's almost like some of them are here right now, in this very thread, making posts just like yours! I don't know why you hate epic so much but I do know that I don't have to care, fuck off already.

Okay, so if Wal-Mart's buttsex is better than Costco's buttsex, they'll get more customers and earn more money. At any point, Costco is free to offer the buttsex providers a better deal than Wal-Mart, resulting in Costco selling the best buttsex and making more money from buttsex consumers. What's wrong with that model, exactly?

when you backed the game and wanted a digital copy, you could select which retailer (Steam) you wanted.

Attached: 1560210394026.png (586x366, 14K)

It's more like someone being upset that their meal they ordered was served on someones ass than an actual plate

Attached: century-egg.jpg (1024x504, 54K)

>What do you think scared them?

Potential lawsuit scared them. They promoted their kickstart saying it will be on Steam. People backed their kickstart for a Steam copy. You just can't do a 180 on this and suddenly make it Epic exclusive and then deny everyone a refund.

THAT is a textbook example of bait and switch. I'm sure any lawyer can easily win a court battle against this practice.

Sure, but the game takes place in 1987. Of course there were arcades and gachas in 80s countryside china, but they did absolutely not put big GAME signs on the shaolin temples that they practiced in front of.

Attached: Wtf.png (1328x718, 1.68M)

The reality is even more disgusting

Attached: Uhoh.jpg (716x955, 254K)

You should have told the french "It's just a monarchy!" in the 1700s

Attached: 1553442239634.png (500x375, 349K)

That doesn't say anything about getting a Steam key, that's just you saying that you would prefer a Steam key.

*psssh* nothing personal kid

Attached: 1560210571300.png (832x887, 67K)

Exactly. On backerkit not kickstarter.
As I said before - kickstarter does not allow changing tier descriptions or goals of a live or funded project, so anything promised on KS will be jsut a bare minimum, and they will often promise a lot more on other sites, only to remove it after the project has been funded.
This is why I avoid crowdfunding.

That's not what bait and switch means at all. You're still getting the same product at the same price. If Steam shut down and they self-distributed it, would that be bait and switch? No.

All quarterpounders fans are trannies, stop trying to false flag, discord tranny.

BE-TRAYAL
BEE-TRAYED ME!

They're just trying to get you to shut up about it until release

>Niche vocal fandom where everyone is against it.
Baseless conjecture, I asked for proof, not for you to assure me that you know better than I do.
>kickstarter page burning, Steam page a mess, reddit worse, facebook also against, twitter also being roasted
Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam. All from the same few people, too. This is not a popular movement, you were on to something when you said "niche vocal", though, just not how you intended. You people are niche in your aims and vocal in your behavior, you are not the majority and you confuse the fuck out of everyone not from your subreddit. No one can understand why you hate a game launcher so much, and your bizarre excuses never help. Your efforts at social engineering work well on Yea Forums because so many people here are sheeptards more than willing to believe anything that just tells them to hate something, but elsewhere I'm sure you've found it doesn't take as well when half your argument tends to be "fuck chinks".

>Meanwhile Deep Sliver is still trying to advertise on Steam to go to Epic
If they really serious they'd take that page down by now

>Same Product
>Same Price
>Not knowing that EGS charges the consumer with an extra fee depending on your payment method

Attached: 1559413380106.png (253x224, 92K)

Dilate

GO AWAY CHINKS

TIANAMEN SQUARE 1989 FREEDOM DEMOCRACY HUMAN RIGHTS THE ANTI RIGHTIST MOVEMENT

when will they change it to 2020?
would be best like a bandaid, just rip it off asap

store.steampowered.com/app/878670/Shenmue_III/

Attached: hm.jpg (369x522, 36K)

class action lawsuit

it's a bait and switch because you advertised that it WILL be on steam. You get people funding it because it WILL be on steam.

Then you suddenly say it won't be on steam anymore after you took their money. THIS IS BAIT AND SWITCH.

>a bit of a backlash
fans were fucking raging hard

Then why do you care that its going to steam?

You are pretty low IQ. Did you ignore all media, even Forbes, said that the backers were right and the company should just refund them? I hope you are trolling, but again: why wouldn't they refund them if it was just a minority seething and keep getting bad press everywhere?

>quarterpounder

If Steam was serious, they would delist every game that decided to take Timmy's money for a year.

it's the usual story of 'Japs jump on board an American trend only to realize it's a complete fucking meme pushed by retards who don't buy Jap games'.

> advertise it for STEAM
> people fund your game for the STEAM copy
> AFTER taking their money, they decide it won't be on steam anymore

If you don't think this is bait and switch... you're a fucking retard.

Holy fuck you can't possibly be this far gone. You are so committed to fuckepic that you are DEFENDING THE DEATH OF PHYSICAL PC GAMES.

Just get it on ps4 or pirate it boys.

>"assessed"
>conman suzuki will take his payout anyway after assessing it
if enough people actually were mad enough to chargeback then his dev studio is getting assfucked, though. BASED

>that you are DEFENDING THE DEATH OF PHYSICAL PC GAMES.

Physical PC games are already dead at this point. When you buy a physical PC game, all that's inside is a piece of paper with a fucking activation key for the game.

Chargebacks.

They'll work out some compromise, where backers get Steam keys, and everyone else gets CHINKED.

Attached: B2Egn39IgAE7F20.png (900x674, 939K)

>being a functional illiterate
Steam offering free keys to their platform didn't force any company to give empty boxes to their consumers.

But Epic pays for a number of units. If the game is shit, it makes more sense to try to let Timmy cover it.

Based

yea.... no. Steam will shut them down. Either you sell your fucking game on Steam.... or gtfo.

There's no reason for Steam to have to host other companies games that they are not selling on their platform since they won't be making any money like this.

When you say Forbes, you are actually saying Erik Kain, who is practically a card-carrying Yea Forumstard like the rest of us, and he's just parroting the same tired non-arguments that you are in these threads. I'm not trolling, but my words are already far more genuine than your reddit-born talking points. You need to go back.

>The Quartering

Stopped reading there

Like fuck this actually matters. Those fuckers will downvote all those videos, then buy the dual pack on launch day. This means nothing and you and I both know Pokemon fans will always just lovingly eat the shit that Game Freak gives them.

>According to The Quartering

You better have a youtube link to back it up or you're full of shit.

Not all :)

Attached: ab11eab923731431f2f5838ab6a157b0.png (599x263, 343K)

The product is the folder on your hard drive that contains the game. How that folder gets there is not what they're selling. If what you said was bait and switch then companies could get sued for saying they're going to ship your package with UPS and then changing it to Fedex later.

You are completely retarded. Pretty much every media sided with backers. Do you really believe this is a giant conspiracy?
And I love how you keep avoiding answering this: if they are just a minority why not refund them and not have to deal with this?

Congrats on both Yu Suzuki and Phoenix Front on making me never back anything ever again, we went to kickstarter because publishers didn't believe on these games, so they came pleading to fans, but then when it gets funded some shitty ass publisher just comes and slap their seal on it, having their cake and eating it too.
Go ask epic for money first then, chucklefucks.

>best buttsex
Replace best with "only" and you've got EGS.

>my face when i didn't back a shitty project obviously doomed to fail

Attached: 1556808908583.png (323x241, 134K)

at the very least they should offer refunds to backers since they can no longer deliver the advertised product

>"You want this game?"
>"Yeah"
>"Alright give us some money. Also, what platform?"
>"PC- Steam"
>"Alright buddy"

* four years later *
>"Here it is your key"
>"But it's an Epic Game Store key. I asked for a Steam one"

Attached: 1559823232575.jpg (468x506, 140K)

I at least maybe hold some sympathy with Suzuki as he kinda got roped into this shit, whereas Julian was just an egocentric cunt directly to backers' faces.

This is how others have done it, you ain't getting Bloodstained on Vita or Wii U but if you ordered it there they'll offer you a refund or an alternate version.

The phrase vocal minority becomes more a misused buzzword everyday

It doesn't matter user. If you advertised how you will get it, people expect that. It is still bait and switch if you change it because some people aren't willing to install the chink spyware Epic just to play it. It's all within the people's rights.

>pay for cheeseburger
>it doesn't look exactly like on the menu
>ask for refund
>don't get one

Get fucked. You should've got the hint from the hundreds of other kickstarters.

Attached: 1558899135307.png (407x405, 196K)

>who cares if a company is employing shitty tactics
>supporting them now certainly wont enable them to cause more problems in the future

Bugmen are brainlets

Shut up you're just a vocal minority. /s

>When fucking Bloodstained of all kickstarter games is still trying to follow through with a Steam AND GoG release with no Epic fuckery in sight

So who's at fault? yu suzuki or deep silver?

kek, at least with phoenix point they offered refunds
they're not doing it now because it reeks of epic's desperation
whats the best way to get people to use your platform? force them to do so
2 days after go preach about it on twitter how you're saving something or "we've concluded this is the best option for the consumers" bullcrap when everybody is against it

go to resetera

kickstarters not delivering because of china is a new thing

Don't make me say the T word.

Attached: 1529939703612.png (823x919, 650K)

Yikes

Deep Silver for sure and Suzuki not putting up enough of a fight.

>Ryo’s story will only be 40% complete by the end of the game
>There are a total of 11 chapters
>Over the past 14 years I originally planned

Attached: 1549722701326.png (500x369, 268K)

I'm almost certain it was Deep Sliver fault for the most part.

>imagine wanting to use a launcher that exposed 80 million accounts to hackers logging in without passwords

Attached: Untitled.png (745x213, 17K)

>when you see it

Attached: oooohhhh.png (336x424, 210K)

The way you wrote this leads me to believe you are not an American.

Attached: South_Tower_Collapse_video_animation.gif (1035x828, 1.61M)

>still no shopping cart

Don't absolve him from everything when he still had to make the decisions to take the handouts of Sony and Deep Silver in the first place. The fact he didn't think to stand up for the backers and question these practices makes it apparent he just doesn't care. Money is money, and who cares if we lied? You're getting Shenmue, so there.
Even though it looks, runs, and plays like shit.
What an awful time to have liked that series.

Like if GF would give a damn about the National Dex shit, the know their crap will still sell like hotcakes, no matter what

>Caring about basic consumer options make you an ebil gamer nazi

This is what the average Epic shill thinks

Attached: 1554305165945.jpg (255x170, 9K)

The part where jack booted thugs come to kill walmart if they go ahead and sell them anyway.

Collect social credit.

Attached: 1560327535233.jpg (355x429, 110K)

>has been met with "a bit" of backlash
Try A LOT
kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2532170/comments

>What do you think scared them?
Gee, I don't know, try and guess?

That why I added "For the most part"

Yu's an old fuck anyway. I'm sure he doesn't even care all that much over Steam/Epic and just said "Yeah, go ahead"

At the very least I'll always have 1 and 2. Even if 3 seems like a total trainwreck

Lawsuit

>The product is the folder on your hard drive that contains the game

If only. Only GOG actually works like this. For everyone else you have to ask permission from your "launcher" every time you run the game.
Imagine willingly tying your game collection to Epic of all companies

Now show the likes.

actually preordered Prodeus, i hope the game will not get the same fucking fate.

Someone somewhere filed a lawsuit and now they're calculating if the money they'll get from EGS cover potential lawsuit losses

>anyone who doesn't want exclusivity wars coming to PC is a steam user
if epic was competent enough to make an actual competing platform, people would respect them as a choice

Not true. DRM on Steam is optional. There are plenty of games I can run without launching Steam. You can check on the store page if the game requires it. Though you do always have to download games through the Steam client, that's universal.

>So little people cared to watch the Watch Dogs and other Ubishit trailers that it doesn't even make the list

I see the tranny pedos from resetera have decided to flee here.
i'm sure 60% of you will end up enjoying your stay

t. salty steamlard

Nintendo is but Gamefreak sure as fuck isn't. If you think otherwise you literally haven't played a pokemon game since at least 2011

>CEO gives open attitude of "fuck consumers and any promises developers may have made, only our store matters"
>pointing it out is "REEEEEE"

Attached: 1552988171172.jpg (806x850, 171K)

>Yu's an old fuck anyway.
That means total shit, so don't use that as something to excuse him. He needs to care because this means everything to the future of his series, and he flushed it all away because he's poor at spending project funds. Ask for 2m, spent many times that, have to takes deals to make up for that, doesn't read the fine print on how this will affect those that backed this.
Ignorance doesn't absolve him from anything, he just didn't care and it shows. This series is dead in the water, and should've stayed dead in the first place if this is all we have to show for it.

Damn, jet fuel is fucking deadly af

Stop replying to chink shill threads

Attached: varg.jpg (602x690, 59K)

So where's the radiation?

I really wish Suzuki himself would comment on it. He just seems like a confused old man who has no idea how the industry works these days. I wonder if he has any regrets over the backlash or if he just doesn't care cause he got his money.

Imagine being an Epic shill or steam drone, willingly defending a multi-billion dollar corporation, and their """right""" to rent you a game that they can take from you at any time. Imagine defending DRM that only hurts the consumer. IMAGINE BEING A CORPORATE DRONE. ONE THAT DOES IT FOR FREE.

Lmao at your life senpai.

Attached: 1560408243414.gif (250x270, 804K)

I can't imagine he takes much pleasure in the fact that people who helped him raise his dream project from the dead are getting reamed in ass by the publisher.

He's nearly 20 years out of the loop, but didn't care to try and update himself on how shit changed. The fault is in his court, so blaming Deep Silver and others for this (Which they do have blame) is still when he was the one who signed these deals in the first place.
I should've known this was murky to start with when he announced this on Sony's stage in 2015

The issue is that they suddenly changed their minds on the Steam release when they said so in the kickstarter. If they said it was going to be a EGS exclusive they should have said so at the start. Sure, people would have been annoyed but at least it's upfront. The fact it's now a EGS exclusive show that they were probably bought out and there's some shady shit going on. If they faltered on that promise to release on steam, who knows what else they backed out on?

Attached: 1496783066385.jpg (381x381, 57K)

The chad SNK vs the virgin Deep Silver

Yup. A good comparison are the ports of Journey and the Quantic Dream games. People didn't like them being on EGS only, but there wasn't nearly this much of a backlash because they were announced and advertised as EGS exclusives.

Actually I don't even think EGS was even available when the Shenmue 3 kickstarter came out, but I think my point still stands. Should have just stuck with Steam.

If Tim Sweeney wasn't a colossal piece of shit he would invest in game developers instead of sniping their almost-finished games that were funded by the customer kickstarter audience.
Tim wants all of the profits with zero personal risks. In short, Kickstarter should now be recognized as a scam (it always was) and any begging piece of shit on it shouldn't get a dime of your money (they'll just use YOUR money to secure them access to a big monetary bribe from Epic Games.)
he also looks like a pedo. he probably gets little chinese boys delivered to him by Tencent.

>back a game on kickstarter when it's nothing but a concept, expecting it to launch on Steam and GOG
>the devs sell their souls to the chink menace
>now you will not have the game where you want, even tough you paid for it more than usual, when it was nothing but a few drawings in a paper

They deserve everything bad that came to then.

Attached: 1525542547609.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

EGS didn't exist when the Kickstarter happened. Backers in 2015 had no way of knowing how shitty the future would be.

Yeah, it's not like it's fucking rocket science, it's totally possible to compete with steam and get goodwill.

>make the launcher actually decent
>don't fucking yoink fan-sponsored kickstarters and shit
>sponsor your own games, or games that wouldn't have otherwise come to PC (see: Journey)
>big sale events now that steam sales suck

They could also have pushed for a unified launcher concept like Galaxy 2.0
But instead they just treat customers with contempt and act like goodwill doesn't matter, good way to get your shit pirated

Then when they tried their sale.

>don't inform anyone about it beforehand, not even publishers
>force it on ALL games
>games get pulled as a result, people who bought it beforehand have to demand that their orders be honored
>several devs up the price mid-sale to not lose money

>no u!
shopping cart

Do people still make kickstarter or crowd funded games nowadays? I haven't heard of any big games being funded on kickstarter recently and I feel people are getting burnt out.
I still think kickstarter is fine for small projects, like making board games or small objects that can easily be manufactured and the costs can be adjusted easily, but video games will always be harsh territory since unexpected costs may come up or you need more people to do something.

would be great if a shit ton of the backers did chargebacks to fuck them out of a good chunk of that egs bribe money

why do companies keep bending the knee to whiny entitled piece of shit? just buy it on the epic store you stingy cunts stop whining

We do. The only person I ever met who unironically LIKES "American Cheese" is my Dad, no one else I know likes it though. When I was a kid my Mom would buy American Cheese for my Dad, and actual cheese for everyone else.

>why won't people bend the knee to entitled scummy corporate pieces of shit partnered with malicious nations?
gee I wonder

Honest answer? Shemue is a niche series, it's fans are the type of people that buy obscure shit on release day and play stuff like The 25th Ward. That market is not on Epic playing Fornite, and the people playing Fornite don't give a shit about a slow paced game about a guy traveling to a small town in China.

>i want valve and epic to use all their profits to buy exclusives instead if improving their storefront and other technologies

I love how for all their "developers first" bullshit rhetoric they didn't even give them the courtesy of a notification.

Wow, what a coincidence. My dad is the same way. He doesn't like actual cheese because it "upsets his stomach" or something. Though on occasion I've gotten him to try fresh cheddar, right off the wheel.

Subverse did really well on Kickstarter recently. It probably helps that it promised a Steam release before taking peoples' money.

Biggest cope I ever saw on Yea Forums, chapeau to you, tranny-san

I pretty much only use KS for board game projects anymore nowadays, video games are a shit heap now unless they actually begin to enforce some sort of language in campaigns with how many shitstorms have brewed up recently.

Buying wine that expensive is fucking stupid in general. Had some damn good wine for under 5€/bottle

Guys don't have money to finish the game.
Got a deal with epic to get money.
Steamfags crying.
We are living in a society.

>TOW devs were designing steam achievements when the game went EGS exclusive

keep ruining PC games by letting a company as evil as valve win when they pull down mind of freeman im coming to your house first

At least some people are trying out there.

Attached: basedswery.png (619x143, 7K)

This, give Epic that 12% cut so that they can keep making exclusivity deals

GOD DAMMIT ANOTHER GAME I CANT BUY

Based drinKING

This is a really fun situatuin
>EGS exclusivity cancelled, DS and Yu lose face
>Backers aka the only nostalgiafagging retards interested in this game get steam keys and steam copies will outnumber EGS sales by a shitton because nobody on EGS gives a fuck
>Stays EGS exclusive, piracy galore and complete loss of goodwill and trust in DS

>Got a deal with Deep Silver to get money
>Deep Silver sold exclusivity for pocket change because they're fucking jews who always do this
Idiot.

>get more money than you asked for
>piss it all away with poor management
>need to get help from publisher cause you fucked up
>the people who gave you the money in the first place should suffer because of your mistake
Does corporate dick feel good?

Why wasn't this made by Sega?

This could have used the Yakuza engine, and massively re-used assets. Then they could have even made a cross-over game.

I still fail to see what was so bad about this, that discount was Epic losing money, the publisher's wouldn't lose anything and people would prefer to buy them on epic because it was cheaper, increasing launcher numbers, who the fuck got hurt by it?

US the backers did.

>big fan of S1 and S2
>back S3 with $500
>PC release on steam code
>get all the goodies

>this happens
>website that starts with an r who shall not be named on here throws a shitfit
>we all agree to do chargebacks because they won't give refunds
>chargebacks mostly go through
>literally get tons of backlash becasuse we're doing this
>turns out these accounts are new which is suspicious
>mod blocks all new accounts
>everyone is doing chargebacks now until we get steam codes back

Glad about this news. Fuck them for doing this.

Glad to see the news on this.

Attached: 1481184914489.png (640x480, 400K)

>order a cheeseburger
>"sit in or take out?"
>"take out please"
>4 minutes later
>"we're sorry but take out is no longer an option, we'll serve your burger in the trash can now, no refunds"

Sega still sees Yakuza as the replacement and had no interest in doing the project.

Deepsilver are crap but nobody wanted to support shenmue 3.
Source?
Imba twitter.

>food analogy
have burger

>want to buy game during sale
>game is pulled for the duration of the sale
>epic refuses to honor deals that were too cheap unless you legally force them to
>other games up their price so the sale doesn't actually save you money (WHICH IS ILLEGAL BY THE WAY)

Take your pick.

It devalues your product to early into release
Signaling that the product is not good
Kinda like what happened to fallout 76 and anthem

Because Yu was the one who wanted to still make Shenmue in the first place. Sega doesn't really care to blow millions on Yu and his projects for a third time.

DS also never pulled the rug out from under backers at the finish line, this is a whole new low for them.

One game to finish the storyline. Or a cross over. Never played Shenmue, but it's about a guy in the 90's in Hong Kong right?

>Kiriyu is tracking Ryo down in the present
>Flashback segments of Ryo in China/Hong Kong
>They meet up in the present, with Ryo looking greyed

what is the chinese equivalent of "OY VEY"

>some people had their accounts locked for "buying too much" because the store still doesn't have a fucking shopping cart

>Water, Interesterified Basedbean Oil, Food Starch-Modified, Whey (from Milk), Gelatin, Contains Less than 2% of Sodium Citrate, Calcium Phosphate, Salt, Sodium Phosphate, Artificial and Natural Flavors, Lactic Acid, Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Color Added, Xanthan Gum, Locust Bean Gum, Guar Gum.

Wouldn't it jsut be cheaper to make actual cheese?

somebody invented it
and somebody said "ok let's make plenty"
I swear to God

Attached: 1560576410756.jpg (296x342, 26K)

>hit their kickstarter goal 3 times over
>nobody wanted to support shenmue 3.

sega doing shenmue 3
Sega already has a highly mainstream and popular game series with that same setting and premise, they had no need to support a niche game held up by nostalgia

Ok, so what about for linux users for whom steam is infinitely more usable than epic?

China deserved to get nuked, not Japan

Attached: 1465162991898.jpg (444x460, 78K)

>AIYAH!

"EP IC"
"TEN CENT"
"TIM SWEENEY"
one of the three my chinese is rusty

>get 7 million dollars from crowdfunding
>several years of development, constant pushbacks and deadlines missed
>game still looks like a late ps2 game and wont even be a finished game once released

>take an massive bribe* from epic to basically sell your 10000+ backers as new users for epic to boast
>surprised when fans get rightfully pissed off

>"ree steamfags!"

Fuck chinks and chink apologists

Attached: 1552964571693.jpg (600x600, 24K)

You realise that 6 millions for a game like Shemnue is nothing?

Why didn't they set the goal higher then?

I think some apologies are in order, Yea Forums.

Attached: 1560499803513.png (736x568, 38K)

>ask for x amount
>reach way more
>DONT YOU KNOW ITS NOT ENOUGH
Are you retarded or yu retarded

If it's the same then it's not worth pissing off the fans.

now is the time to hammer even harder desu

Then that is the fault of the developers. If their original goal was underestimated severely just to get initial funding, that is on them.

Yeah, when is Yu gonna get down on his knees and beg forgiveness for his dishonorabru behavior?

Why should the people who got fucked apologize for being fucked over?

It's up to Ys and Deepshitter to redeem themselves, neither of them is entitled for an apology

Then why did they ask for 2 million?

Even going back to the agency they worked with to promote/stream back in 2015, they never did a single fucking thing right. It's been one fuck up after another, and the game just looks like a fan made mess.

WTF

Attached: ac6.jpg (500x476, 35K)

They used a false advertising for what exactly? For a verbal and written promise? People basically gave him donations so that he could MAYBE make the game. There is no contract between the donor and the guy asking for donations. Hell they are not even obligated to send you a key. He could have taken the money and then spend it all. If people dont trust him anymore then they wont give him any money but he isnt forced to do what they want.

Wait till you hear about gutter oil

youtu.be/zrv78nG9R04

500k is the number of GUARANTEED SALES ebin gay store gives developers. If they are instantly given money for those 500k sales and only further profits are gained from extra sales.

I think the kickstater was just a publicity for the investors.
But they got just a deal with the worst people as DeepSilver...

Fuck Shenmue, play Yakuza

Attached: future yakuza.jpg (1023x682, 169K)

Based Orange man

>everybody is trying to scam eachother
Even the bugmen know their culture is shit

Why not both?

I genuinely hope they will be class action lawsuited into bankruptcy and ruin.
Fuck those filthy kikes. I don't even care if this game never comes out. This is about principles at this point, I just want to see them go bankrupt for such levels of unhinged arrogant kikery.

So it means that true reason why backers cant get their keys on steam is because Valve wants money? But pcbros always say that every dev can sell as many keys as they want, getting all 100% revenue share.

you can get Yakuza on launchers that aren't EGS.

>check email out of curiosity
>"YOUR PASSWORD IS: XXXXXXXXX
>I saw you using your webcam and you masturbated! Now give me $1400 worth of bitcoins
Are these chinks serious

Reminder that 5% of 6M will be paid to epic because they use UE4. Not mentioning all future sales.

Attached: 1560629061210.jpg (319x338, 35K)

>I HOPE THEY GO BANKRUPT FOR TRYING TO GIVE ME THE EXACT SAME GAME BUT ON A STORE I HATE

> How dare they become mean to the devs when they donate moneys for them in the first place even though they delayed the game 4 time since 2015

T.Retarded

It had to be done.

Attached: 1560525424022.jpg (591x1207, 563K)

> uses jpg for charts
Sasuga steam drone.

>implying their broken promise is not the main point of contention
>implying that even if it was, it's still not a good enough reason to hate them

Pretty much this. Ysnet ruined Shenmue, and there's no future for it after this.

Subverse a porn game from StudioFov it's the porn game with the biggest crowfunding ever like 6 M

>butthurt epicdrone SEETHING
shopping cart

Epic has an overlay now?

>no cloud saves
>no shopping cart
Fucking no excuse for this shit today.

>advertise a key for steam
>change that to a key for epic,! no refunds !
I wanted to make a food metaphor but I'll spare myself the indignity
There's literally laws and shit to protect you from fraud of this kind, Kikestarter isn't some kind of experimental no mans land anymore where you just hijack a shitload of money and bail
Either these niggers cough up the money for deceiving their customers or they'll be fucked eternally

Sorry, we can't give you pngs.
Also, we can't refund you.

Actual epicdrone would point that they have refunds, regional pricing, 2fa and offline mode.

Attached: FuckChinks.jpg (624x417, 32K)

dilate nigger

Probably almost every comment on their epic store backstarter post being a variation on "fuck you, give us our money back"

>literally has to go through a timed process to delete an account
Yep, they're definitely using that time to collect all your data before finally "letting go" (AKA, keeping your information and selling it despite you not having an account)

Don't you fucking DARE compare Yu Suzuki to Keiji Inafune.

Shenmue 3 is still gonna come out as a good game.
also
>the quartering

Whats funny is people think Yu has any decision making power or choice at this point. His "discussions" with Deep Silver amount to him begging them for mercy.

TIANAMIM SQUARE MASSACARE

>Shenmue 3 is still gonna come out as a good game
Yeah, that's why they went the shitty indie-dev route and picked up the payday for a set number of sales before they shipped out anything, fuck before they even finished the game
Let go of the delusion, user

post a screenshot of it

>Shenmue 3 is still gonna come out as a good game.
OH NO NO NO NO

>a bit of backlash
Have they not seen the forums or the comments on the kickstarter? Every single pc player who backed it is seething

To be fair, based on their roadmap, Cloud Saves, "Library Improvements", and Showing Playtime will all be in the Epic Store by July, well before Shenmue 3's release. Not a great launcher still, but at least it would be more than just shitty DRM.

Its your average fishing email. Might as well have said that he was a nigerian prince spreading his wealth

They can literally ignore all of this and still sell more 10-15 million copies, so it doesn't matter.

When was the last time they updated their store and added a new feature at all, let alone on schedule?

Attached: LAUGH.gif (391x365, 712K)

They added a automatic ban system that bans you if you buy more than 1 game.

They ended up delaying shopping cart on their road map
If they manage to get one of those done by July ill be impresses

>Yu Suzuki is the new Keiji Inafune
You can't be serious. Yu Suzuki made the Sega Models and the Dreamcast, as well as being at the helm of designing just about all of SEGA's best arcade and fighting games, Keiji Inafune made a bunch of art concepts and buisness deals. And Yu Suzuki actually has involvement with his project, unlike Inafune. Big difference between the two.

>actually has involvement with his project
Not sure that's something to be proud of right at this moment. He should've stayed at Sega, they at least corralled him

D late

I'm just checking on the live roadmap here: trello.com/b/GXLc34hk/epic-games-store-roadmap
Like I said, I still hate the Epic Games Store, but that image isn't going to be very accurate when November arrives, if they keep to their roadmap.

If I'm not wrong the only thing that list differs from the original is the
>Refunds Yes | No
And like everything Gabe's cocksuckers do it's wrong, since the publisher or the devs not wanting to refund backers has nothing to do with EGS itself. The money Epic is giving them and the money they raised from KS aren't the same shit, why would they use Epic's money to refund some idiot crybabies that are so easy to scam?

user, PC gamers have the highest average age of all gaming platforms, including mobiles. "Steam kids", huh?

>This whole "realism" bullshit about how you can only swing a sword two times before you're out of breath is fucking retarded
Did you even play the game?
I don't think I've ran out of fatigue without spamming dodge once in my over 100 hours of gameplay..

>decided it was dated 6th gen shit.
PC gamers don't think it terms of "gens" like console kiddies. PC games are either new, or their older. That's it. There are no generations.

It's not the same
Epic money is guaranteed, while lost or gained sales are totally unpredictable and nebulous

>ignore all the images and videos showing EGS client digging through user files
>ignore the evidence showing it takes peeks into the registry
You can't call them paranoid when they're correct.

Attached: U2zsroW.png (720x648, 129K)

>did you even play it
>i have 100 hours you know

shut the fuck up you god damn CUNT why dont you respond again when you have an actual argument

That wasn't meant to show credibility, that was meant to show how rare actually running out of stamina is by giving a lengthy time frame where it hasn't happened, sperg.
Calm down.

Attached: MORDHAU 2019.06.15 - 16.47.09.02.webm (852x480, 2.87M)

how much onions do they cost to bomb a funeral of someone I know?

Ching chomg free tibet ting ting wu tang

Because Chiv is shit and no one wanted a sequel.

Legal threats probably
>Promise you'll release your product on a platform, and get paid under the assumption that you will
>Decide to not release said product after you've received the money
>This is isn't fraud guys!

>Here's your digital copy gweilo, just download our CCP data miner

Nothing is going to happen. They will "assess" that exclusivity is alright. It's pure virtue signaling.

You can buy those additives in bulk for fractions of a penny on the dollar and create a "cheese" that requires no aging and no difficult processes like turning the milk into curd ( instead they just purchase whey which is a byproduct anyways). It is far cheaper and quicker to make gross processed cheese than to make real cheese.

Except they did and even promised Steam version on their page and reddit

reddit.com/r/Games/comments/bz10e8/e3_2019_shenmue_iii/eqorttq/

Attached: 346847_zQTkCf5jGX_bez_nazvaniya_1.png (683x671, 18K)

>wine expensive so that mean wine good!

Attached: 1507185287249.png (645x773, 37K)

OH NO NO NO NO

Do deepcels actually believe this?

Attached: 1547270592155.png (600x600, 114K)

CONNNNNNNGA

They actually can be sued for that, I hope Europoops not that lazy to make class-action case, Americans are more advanced in it.

Insectoid limbs typed this post.

Attached: bad_ass_winnie_pooh_by_atomiccircus_d4umaxo-pre.jpg (1095x730, 97K)

Turdsuzuki should kill himself. He singlehandedly tanked Sega.

>According to The Quartering

Imagine not pirating

>How dare you compare man I only know through internet hype/memes to man I only know through internet hype/memes
Yeah what a fucking tragedy that a guy you never met was insulted.

post yfw you never backed a kikestarter

Attached: 12312342423.jpg (1600x1600, 500K)

Sega literally and figuratively has no legal obligation to release it on Steam. Kickstarter is not a preorder it's a donation.

>It's just a fucking launcher, it doesn't affect anything.
Steams run on my operating system. Epic's launcher doesn't. I'd say that's a pretty big difference.

>retard goes silent
kek

chink shills will never acknowledge these proof posts

Attached: 1560030657070.jpg (449x449, 272K)

yeah, the writing was on the wall. just look at that crap. incompetence is an understatement. They would be fools not let Ep*c give them guaranteed buys, as scummy as that is. I really think they mismanaged the money and they realize that they'll have to give refunds if they do this, so they're weighing their options to avoid a lawsuit.