Dark souls sale

Never played these games. is it worth it Yea Forums?

Attached: dssale.png (861x331, 486K)

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls2.wikidot.com/agility
youtu.be/5g5EK4x20Ds
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no, only play demon's souls.

Do you like Castlevania? It's kind of like that in 3D

The 2nd game even has some whips that don't suck

Yes, 1 and 2 are both great. 3 is OK, but a lot worse than the first two and feels kinda uninspired

Absolutely. Play them in release order.

And don't listen to anti-DaS2 faggots. It's still a better game than Hallway Rolls 3.

Attached: 1471699792519.jpg (471x291, 26K)

cringe
based

How does Dark Souls 3 run on pc?

yes
bloodborne > sekiro > dark souls 3 > dark souls 1 > demon souls > dark souls 2

Should I get the original DSII or DSII: Scholar of the First Sin edition?

Skip 2. Rest is great.

Yes but skip 2

fpbp darkies gtfo

SOTFS
Ignore these people. 2 haters are actually retarded.

Flawlessly.

SOTFS. It's a "remastered" version of DaS2 which also includes all the DLC.

bait and gay

In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again

bandwagonning Yea Forumsfag scared of a confident souls chad

I ended up not buying into the DS hype and had DS1 sitting in my Steam library since 2015. I'd tried it a bit but ended up stuck after the first proper boss and lost interest and didn't really understand the hype.

So a few months back I finally decided to buckle down and just push on through.

Dark Souls takes a while to get going as you learn to to understand it when you peel back the layers of combat and exploration, but once you "get" it, its a fucking tremendous game. I ended up going through all three of them over two months. Legit one of my top ten games of all time.

Go for it OP, the hype is real.

Attached: approval.gif (720x404, 3.83M)

darksouls2.wikidot.com/agility

Try to defend this in any way shape or form.

Nope cuck souls is shit

oulsborne is shit
Demon souls is shit
Dark souls is shit
Dark souls 2 is shit
Dark souls 3 is shit
Bloodborne is shit
Sekiro is shit
Cuck vein is shit
Any future games will be shit

Literally the worst souls game

>Dark Souls 3

Attached: lmao.png (1920x1080, 3.95M)

2 sucks dick
durability alone is a dealbreaker let alone the other retarded mechanics

why are dark souls 2's bosses so shitty

Attached: rats LMAO.jpg (1024x576, 64K)

durability is literally a non-issue most of the time

boyos Dark Souls Remastered for $8 but broke as fuck rn
aaaa

>but broke as fuck rn
how so?

Attached: Untitled.png (386x128, 44K)

He's saying he's poor

Not even out on Switch? Why do i care

Attached: 1559588947364.gif (244x255, 605K)

youtu.be/5g5EK4x20Ds

It's important to understand that Dark Souls 1 and 3 are complete, fully-realized games.

Dark Souls 2 is a bunch of unrelated ideas from various failed projects stapled together in a way that (mostly) holds up. It has a ton of content, but most of the game feels like it was thrown together without much thought.

youtu.be/5g5EK4x20Ds

How are you too poor to afford an $8 thing? Get a job stupid nigger.

>Dark Souls 1
>complete, fully-realized game
lol no
There's a SHIT ton missing and that was obviously cut

OP is new to the series. Do you really think this is going to mean anything to him?

Hey same story for me except I finished those games 1 year ago. Needless to say I had a blast.

Attached: xcx.jpg (740x740, 735K)

they're very good games

no, idiot
old game good
new game bad

I meant more in the way of having a consistent vision

Pirate DS1 first and try it out. No point wasting money on a game you might suck at

Dark Souls is on the Switch

Does the DS1 Remaster replace the original DS1 in your library or can you have both?

It's only for autistic children pay it no mind and move on to good games.

Attached: 1552208092582.jpg (640x640, 126K)

You can have both.

Attached: Untitled.png (254x79, 13K)

Yes
It is legitimately the greatest series in recent years.
Play Demon's Souls and Bloodborne too. I recommend release order.

>prepare to die
Edgy and a whole lot of autism.

Attached: 1558760529637.jpg (364x160, 8K)

The issues DaS2 has doesn't stop it from being a really fun game. It's still better than most action rpgs of its time.

No but seriously skip 2

>Masterpiece Tier
Sekiro
Bloodborne
Dark Souls

>Great Tier
Dark Souls 3
Demon's Souls

>Don't get Memed Tier
Dark Souls 2

DS2 isn't gonna get any cheaper at summer sale, is it?

I bought DaS3 Deluxe, playing with online is kinda cool. No one has invaded me yet tho.

>try to play DS3
>game constantly stutters during bossfights and occasionally during scene transitions
>perfect frames otherwise
>and starts freezing to a halt whenever someone tries to invade me
>very few messages (only reason I play online really)
Apparently need more memory or some shit but god damn the game isn't even as fun as DS1.

Get a job, Discord tranny.

$8 where? On Steam it says $30

DSII and DSIII not

>Should I get the original DSII or DSII: Scholar of the First Sin edition?
Get the original. Only differences in SOTFS are shitty changes to enemy placement and they made the contrast unnaturally high to cheaply create the impression of "darker dark areas".

Top atmosphere and aesthetics
>Demon's Souls
Top adventure and world design
>Dark Souls
Top dungeon crawling, amount of content, and variety
>Dark Souls 2
Top weapon design, Story/Lore, and music
>Bloodborne
Top refinement, most polished, and consistent boss quality
>Dark Souls 3
Top pure action gameplay and most fluid boss movesets yet
>Sekiro
Every single game is good and are hard to put down.

Attached: 1505333277693m.jpg (729x1024, 155K)

time to install and gang new players

Attached: wonbin-lee-2018-85.jpg (1796x1800, 414K)

Most of the changes are objectively superior. SOTFS also includes all the DLC. SOTFS is also 64-bit and uses DX11, so it's a bit better optimized for modern computers than DS2 is.

But go ahead, OP. Listen to this contrarian faggot.

>no, akshually dark souls 2 DOESN'T have dogshit level design because there are more dots on this map

>Most of the changes are objectively superior.
The enemy/item changes and fucked up contrast are objectively shit, and the only real noticeable differences

>SOTFS also includes all the DLC
You can buy the original + DLC for the same price as SOTFS

>SOTFS is also 64-bit and uses DX11, so it's a bit better optimized for modern computers than DS2 is.
Makes absolutely no difference as the game is locked at 60fps and can run on a toaster

Scholar Definitely. It has all the DLC as well.

>DS3
>polished
Does anyone have the screencap of the posts about the fucked up development process of DS3 that explain why the Demon Ruins are a pointless dead end?

>SOTFS is $10
>DaS2 is $10 + $5 for Sunken Kinf + $5 for iron King + $for Ivory King
>same price
ok retard

this thread is turned into complet shit so her is my advice.

>it's good deal. take it!
>controler is mandatory to play theses games in first place
>if you are completley unfimiler with the mechanism than watch some gameplay first or just jump into it like cluelss person that will be like an adventre.
>you are gonna get really frustrated and hate this game but don't lose hope keep trying. come here for advice.
>if you conquer your frustaretion and master the skills of this game, I assure these games are going to be your favourite games.

Only the first one is worth playing

The Dark Souls 2 bundle is the same price as SOTFS, why are you openly lying?

DaS2 level and world design isn't that bad. The amount of paths you start out with is great and the levels themselves have neat interactive gimmicks. I also like how they handled illusory walls, how they're hidden mechanisms rather than an image that disappears when you touch it. The game also uses jumps in a much better way than the other Souls games. Lots if sick tricks you can do.
The world isn't logical but it's still fun and gamey.

Cut content doesn't hinder the polish. What we have feels more complete than most Souls games. Basically, if they tried to force all their ideas in whether they work or not it would feel less polished despite the content not being cut. DaS3 feels like it has the most smooth edges in the series of you get what I'm trying to say.

Underage

>controller is mandatory
fuck you, KB/M is awkward but it's possible to outplay controller players after an hour or 2 of fumbling around

*time to reinstall and gank new players with cheats
Fixed it for ya PC bro.

Quality > quantity

This is why Bloodborne is still so good despite it having the least variety of any of their games.

Problem isn't the paths between levels but the levels. They fucking suck and are very small.

Shit like Black Gulch had so much potential but only consists of a long area into a big room that then goes into boss room. Pretty much over before it starts.

I'm donating stacks of CREOs on SOTFS on PC, any SM, just say which zone, soulmemory and your character name, i have characters across every SM below 5 million

>b-but user if you summon a Yea Forums douche you'll get hacked and softbanned
the last thing i want is a lower playerbase, damn shame there isn't an infinite red eye orb.

Attached: cracked_red_eye_orb.png (64x86, 3K)

You are just listing things 2 did that 3 didn't not things it did better. You could also list the things 3 did that 2 didn't, doesn't make it better either.

Oh boy, can't WAIT to BUY some games! Yeah, why would anyone pirate a GAME when you can BUY it and we a good WAGEslaVE?!

Attached: 1560080547819.png (226x328, 103K)

Description:

MILKY MILKY WARM AND TASTY!
MOMMY! MILKY! PLEASE BE HASTY!
REFRESHING DRINK FROM MOMMY'S UDDERS!
I WANT MOMMY'S AND NO OTHER'S!
GIVE IT! GIVE IT! GIVE IT NOW!
GIVE ME MILKY, LAZY SOW!
UNTIL YOU DO I'LL SCREAM I'LL SHOUT!
I'LL CRY I'LL WHINE AND STOMP ABOUT!
UNTIL MY BELLY IS FULL AND HAPPY!
I REFUSE TO TAKE A NAPPY!

GUYS LETS BUY THE GAMES!!!! SUPPORT THEM WITH YOUR HARD-EARNED MONEY!!!

Attached: 1545237864328.webm (1280x720, 1.77M)

Is it OK if I buy DS2 for ps4 even if it is not on sale? I have beat DS1 on the ps4 and have DS3 bought for the ps4 too.

Reminder dark souls 2 is the best in the series

CUMMY CUMMY WARM AND TASTY!
DADDY! CUMMY! PLEASE BE HASTY!
REFRESHING DRINK FROM DADDY'S CUMMERS!
I WANT DADDY'S AND NO OTHER'S!
GIVE IT! GIVE IT! GIVE IT NOW!
GIVE ME CUMMY, LAZY SOW!
UNTIL YOU DO I'LL SCREAM I'LL SHOUT!
I'LL CRY I'LL WHINE AND STOMP ABOUT!
UNTIL MY BELLY IS FULL AND HAPPY!
I REFUSE TO TAKE A NAPPY!

The bell tower covenant was really fun.

The remaster has pretty mixed reviews on steam. Have they fixed up the technical stuff, or is it still bugged to hell?

Play all of them, i hate ds2 but some like it so you have you check it

sauce?

$20 off if you own the original version

Oh got it. I'll probably still pick it up. Ive been debating whether to get it on pc or the 3 game pack on ps4 but the pc sale is probably the best deal I'll find

It was never bugged.

website's name is literally on the webm you mongoloid

remastered worth it for 8 euroland dollars? played the original during the GFWL days

i was too busy looking at the chick drinking a pint of cum, thanks

Attached: 1560532685766.jpg (1366x2048, 214K)

No, adds nothing. Get DSFix and you'll have your remaster.

Any reason to buy DaS Remaster if I already own the Prepare to Die version?

It's people whining about the price and the fact that it's just Dark Souls but prettier and that doesn't run like dogshit.
Don't listen, the quality of life changes are great and the game looks sick and runs great.

It had a ton of fun PVP for the first month but you missed it. It runs better than DSfix and has no issue whatsoever when running 60FPS. DSfix is still great though. So no.

Perfect. Thanks boys, I'm going in.

OP here. Bought DS Remastered and played for an hour.

Complete dogshit, refunding. Thanks Yea Forums

lmao here's your (You)

are people even still playing the dark souls games on PS4?
tempted to get 1 and 2 since they're on sale on PSN right but i'd like to be able to have some player interaction

Attached: thinking hitmonlee.jpg (636x599, 141K)

The shitty controls, bad combat, and tons of backtracking makes this a 1/10. Meme tier game desu

lmao here's your (You)

I agree, the game is bad. Poor combat, no story, boring world, clunky controls, meh music.

Play the original so you can appreciate all of the shit changes to SOTFS

every single game ever made is shit

Do you understand what people mean when they say polish?

Every game is going to have changes made throughout the development cycle. It all depends on how craftily these changes are implemented.

Dark Souls 3 feels like fully realized a sequel. Dark Souls 2 feels like a side game that somebody panicked and through a "Dark Souls" label on.

boy you sure convinced me