You're going to buy my game right user...

>you're going to buy my game right user? hehehehe it might be my last work you know! hehehehe you know i'm getting old user, and you know, tolkien and hemingway, they died before finishing their life's work! i'm just saying hehehe!

Attached: grrm.jpg (624x600, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QmKhGqWcJGY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what is Yea Forums's tax policy

They finished your show before you finished writing you lazy hack.

THE MORE ESTUS SHE DRANK THE MORE SHE SHAT, BY EVENING SHE WAS SHITTING SUNNY D

Imagine feeling entitled to an author's entire life and everything they do in it because you can't handle not getting an ending to a story.
Now imagine taking that feeling and making a post on Yea Forums about it.
Do that and you might just understand how autistic OP is right now.

Attached: 1557491391479.jpg (1200x675, 62K)

kek

I love watching all the monGoToids seethe over Elden Ring

Attached: 1454449151354.jpg (499x499, 41K)

the breaker of toilets

I am going to buy it, but not because you are working or anything though.
Don't get the wrong idea.

WHAT WAS BRAN'S TAX POLICY YOU HACK

You shouldn't start a story you're sure you won't finish

>When the vidya adaptation of becomes more popular than your novels

Attached: 81Gh5Qz.jpg.png (701x714, 1.07M)

George R.R. Martin: Wait, did you just slap a new name onto Dark Souls?
Miyazaki: Yes, but all the idiots that play our games know that by now.

>That old boomer fuck wasone twice
>He still thinks videogames are bad, stupid and will fail as an industry
>He sold the rights to netflix
Gas all boomers

Alicia Dragoon > Daenarys

Attached: 220px-Alisia_Dragoon_PAL.jpg (220x301, 29K)

>polish economy shortly after communism collapsed
To be fair, that 9.5k USD probably got him more than 16m would today

So basically you're saying that no story should ever be started ever because you have zero idea of you or your potential successors will ever die before it's finished.

this man needs to be put on house arrest and fed vegetables until he finishes game of thrones. nobody gives any fucks about his side projects.

Follow your own advice. Don't start reading a series until its done.

Im more interested in his side projects than him finishing ASOIAF.

he ran out of ideas for ASOIAF or he would have finished it 10 years ago.

>-strained buzzing and whirring as his motorized chair struggles to remain functional- "Ah, ha ha, munch, munch ol' Miyazaki., didn't, ah, see you come in! -burp- No please, please, [smack] sit down, sit down, there' something we, (pant) need to talk about. farts Heavens excuse me, oh ho! Well getting down to 'brass tacks' - or brass tax, I might say SNORT! - yes, well I was sitting, counting the money coming in from, slurp, my show - terribly taxing ah yes? - when the thought occurred me, watching that money from my award-winning show... [belch] from my, (siiippp) award, award, awar... sorry, I lost my breath, award-winning books, that I [chews] that I can't seem to recall him mentioning [more chewing] anything about Gwyn's *blows nose* taxation policy. Surely I must have -releases one long wet smelly fart - missed it while glancing through the pages (cough). You did [scratches ballsack] say something about it, right? Sales tax? (sweats) Value-added tax? licks lips Don't just sta - oh my my heart - stand there my man, out with it! Surely the, the thought has crossed your mind?! -chuckles until accidental urination-"

Attached: georgerrmartin1-1828238-640x360.jpg (1200x630, 64K)

>its fine when Fromsoft does weebshit like sekiro though

i refuse to pay for something with a name as generic as "old ring"

>"Dark Souls"
>"Bloodborne"
>"Shadows Die Twice"
The whole series is literally titles you'd find in Sonic fanfiction

>make dark souls
>want to make a more story driven game
>hire famous western writer
>he writes another dark souls

to be fair, I did want more dark souls, so I'll check it out in half a decade or later when I can run it

E-ELDEN RING.....OHHHHH ELDEN RING HNNNNNGGGGGHHHHH

Attached: 1509485588953.gif (309x313, 2.91M)

do you guys think GRRM intentionally stopped writing the books until the show ended so I could see people's reaction to the ending and change it if need be

youtube.com/watch?v=QmKhGqWcJGY

Attached: 131023821823.jpg (500x500, 61K)

Write a book, nigger.

Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up, she was shitting brown water. The more she drank the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew.

Attached: 1558369613008.jpg (1000x2071, 491K)

>hates being compared to Tolkein
>his fantasy game is about a mythological ring and elves

Attached: Pandoria_Portrait.png (634x634, 418K)

not to mention all the additional book sales the games have been generating

he used to be somewhat popular in one (1) small country, now he's known worldwide

>Yeah, GRRM is a great writer.

Attached: grrm.jpg (1434x854, 595K)

the whole series has been pushing it
this went right over the cliff

>List of common phrases on Yea Forums: Have sex (#1)
Cultures just have their own common phrases

you know GRRM isnt the primary writer, right?
Miyazaki came up with the entire world and concept and then went to GRRM for "consulting"

SUNSET

He realized it would be impossible to wrap up everything in a satisfying way in only 2 books.

>ruins Yea Forums
>ruins Yea Forums
>ruins Yea Forums

Attached: George-RR-Martin--012.jpg (2056x1233, 1M)

post real version

Attached: alisiaj.jpg (402x713, 130K)

Why do the sisters here have a problem with this line? Are you never allowed to portray dysentery in your novels ever or something?

movie games get taxed 12% and nintendo can do no wrong

how much did FROM pay him for this?

based
can`t wait until he ruin /m/ and Yea Forums

Simply by becoming popular
None of those cringelords cared when there was only two books published back in 1998. They only hate it because it became popular and their lives have been defined by being bullied by popular kids

OHHHHH ELDEN RING

What will he go for next?

He actually is very flattered to be compared to Tolkien and considers him to be one of his greatest influences and the father of modern fantasy.
He just considers his work to be the product of a very different time and different experiences. Its not Lord of the Rings.
Its not that he hates being compared to Tolkien. Its that he hates when people don't understand where they differ.

arya spinoff anime soon

I hope it ends on a huge cliffhanger and he promises a sequel.

Yea Forums *

/tg/ too

>He doesn't understand what a phrase is.
That is the level of critical thinking I expect from Yea Forums

could actually be good

Fuck the cocksucking fatass Tolkien wannabe. He never could write like Tolkien. His characters are ruined by their out-of-character actions because of inconsistently motivation. His worldbuilding is just backdrops, cemented too far in reality to come close to Tolkien's fully realize fantasy worlds. He will be forgotten, even if he sees himself as an epic genius of literature

no

Normally I'd disagree but things like
prove you right.

>It's okay to use the same fucking phrase over and over because you only know a few

I have no strong opinions about GRRM as a writer but using these examples as the apparent bar for "good writing" makes it hard to take this criticism seriously. Rather than pick The Most Renowned Literature In History to compare him to, they really should have picked something closer to his demographic and genre.

Basically, "you're fucking bad if you can't compare to Orwell, Dickens, Fitzgerald, etc." is an absurdly dumb take.

I think we should tax unnecessary electronics(Like Apple trash, video games, overpowered PCs, and smart TVs) more and use the money from both that and reallocated """""""poverty prevention""""""" programs to pay for Universal Basic Income.

Friendly reminder that Universal Basic Income is inevitable now that it's a mainstream idea and your masochistic need to slow down it's implementation is just making you look stupider than you already look.

That eighth line is fucking straight out of a hentai doujin, I swear

Potential is at least there

Attached: 68nla.jpg (1200x1781, 298K)

Dont ever compare this fucking nerd to tolkien ever again, at best hes closer to C.S lewis. Fuck this fat faggot.

Yeah over and over or two dozen times in a series of six books totaling around 6000 pages. Why are Yea Forums users so melodramatic? You act like a bunch of teenage girls sometimes.

OHHHH FUCK ELDEN RIIIIING

Attached: 1500214692434.gif (228x170, 1.86M)

>A series where a single book can be longer than the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy combined
>One phrase appears a total of 21 times
>He thinks this is a lot
Yeah, I could see why you'd think that if you hadn't actually picked up a book in your life.

You know he actually greatly admires Tolkien right? You got memed into a frothing rage by Yea Forums and I feel embarrassed for you. You must understand

>brainlets don't realize it only shows the first occurrences each time

Oh my mistake. 28 times instead of 24. Wow.

C.S. Lewis was Tolkien's best friend and they were both huge inspirations to each other. You aren't insulting anyone by comparing them to C.S. Lewis.

>admired the most revered writer of all time
You dont fucking say?

There are 89 "words are wind" in ADOS alone you fat shill.

>REEE phrases can't be used more than once!
>Uses brainlet as an insult
The irony.

i don't even care about the books anymore
i'm just disappointed that he'll not finish dunk and egg either
fat fuck

Lewis was the weaker of the 2 and his series was complete ass after the caspian prince book. It kinda got good a little during the black knight.

Are you retarded or is this a shitpost? ADOS is the last book and he hasn't even started writing it yet.

Well ADOS isn't a real book yet so I'm going to assume you meant ADWD which is the most times it appears at 13. It's amusing when shitposters lie thinking it helps them when it really makes sure no one takes them seriously

I recommend that you stop taking everything on Yea Forums and Yea Forums at face value
He has said multiple times that he is very flattered to be compared to Tolkien and says he shouldn't be because Tolkien was great. He also said that he shouldn't be compared because his work is not nearly as elaborate

I am George and I've finished it, I just won't release it.

fuck you faggot yes it could
if they just threw out any pretense of seriousness they've got a decently entertaining mc decent design works and an open ended premise (explore ye new continent) which is more than enough to make a good anime

So then what's the problem? I mean you're not as good of a writer as GRRM so hating someone for being inferior seems kind of an odd thing to seethe about?

>he greatly admires the guy he spent his entire life trying to copy
wow that was totally my point

This fat talentless hack is actually hoping he dies before he has to write any more and people realise he is shit

why does everyone act like GRRM who's 70 is probably gonna die tomorrow but no one ever says anything like that about Trump who is 73

Attached: 1555625360919.png (1500x1500, 1.53M)

>OOC actions
Never happens
What was copied? This should be good.

Game of Thrones is literally written for women. They love that shit. All the sex, incest, revenge and plots. It's like Desperate Housewives but in the fantasy medieval age.

I think we should use the money for a new skate park

Why would be being a writer matter at all? The fat fuck is a hack and all anyone cared about was the sex and rape.

I think that's a stretch but if true, probably one of the smartest decisions he's made to date.

Real life was like Desperate Housewives in the medieval age so I'm not sure what your point is.

>tolkien and hemingway, they died before finishing their life's work! i'm just saying hehehe!
>hemingway
well to be honest he killed himself

No finish > rushed mess.

Because Trump has the McDonald's fueled physique of a god.

Don't project.

>tfw could write better books than him

Attached: 441.png (648x628, 39K)

Its marketing bullshit you idiots. You think hes actually spending time writing a story for a game when hes got all this other shit to do? Hes about as responsible for this games story as hans Zimmerman is responsible for the COD soundtrack

He literally just copies all the political maneuvering and palace intrigues from medieval England or Byzantine Europe. And women have no interest in that stuff

Attached: 1558370348924.jpg (719x719, 39K)

You could literally apply that same criticism to Yea Forums and almost every other board on this site you blithering retard.

No you couldn't. I don't say this often but no one who has criticized his work can actually produce anything better. Now if it was fifty years ago that wouldn't be true but nowadays yeah for sure.

At least he finished his works before he killed himself. This fucker is just hoping he dies in his sleep from sleep apnea or something from diabetes.

And yet you still haven't, and continue to live with your parents

Attached: 1553125217511.jpg (402x386, 55K)

No I want a cotton candy stand manned by a carny in every home.

Its not even marketing. Or at least not intentional marketing. Its everyone who saw the headline jumping to the stupidest conclusion. The actual marketing makes it clear that GRRM was second billing. He didn't write the story, he was just consulting. GRRM himself said as much.
But everyone saw his name and went "OH MY GOD GRRM IS WRITING VIDYA!"
You can't put that blame on Fromsoft's marketing. That is all just the general public being retarded.

It doesn't surprise me that the only game George Martin can write is a cut-and-paste Fromsoft title. If George Martin made his own platformer series, the main character would wear a red cap with the first letter of his name on it.

I have but I'm not famous so no publisher is picking me up.

>you know, tolkien and hemingway, they died before finishing their life's work!
Atleast what they wrote was actually good, you fat hack

>The three eyed raven, the Great Bastard Bloodraven, ended up becoming king of westeros by using Bran but the Yea Forums audience wouldn't get this plot so they just made it happen for no reason

They could have at least referenced Alyssa Farman going west in the sunchaser, but they just gave that story to Arya so she could be the first to go west

>what is Yea Forums's tax policy

Only mods and jannies work and they do it for free.

20% flat tax. All income is taxed by 20% for every person and company operating in America no deductions. If you transfer money out of America for any reason it's an additional 6% tax on all money exchanged. Get rid of all property tax.

>tfw you never watched a single episode of GoT
>never read one of the books
>not even a single sentence
>random people, friends, coworker all bother you because it's "so good"
>last season happens and everyone hates it
>mfw

Attached: 1511187438527.gif (225x225, 21K)

>not taxing rich people more than the poor

GRRM was literally a nobody and he got a publishing deal. What is your excuse?

Any time you raise the taxes for the rich they pay less in taxes because they bribe for deductions. Just make them pay the same amount proportionally as anyone else.

JK Rowling got picked up with the dullest franchise known to man which led to one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: dull.png (368x628, 368K)

You didn't miss anything.

Hemingway was stalked by the FBI because he went to Cuba so much. Everyone thought he was going crazy until the freedom of information act revealed that he was indeed being followed.

He can actually write beyond a 3rd grade level and I cannot.

Flat taxes inevitably lead to oligarchies. 20% to someone making millions is nothing. 20% to someone barely making it is devastating. This is why no sane governing body has ever done a flat tax rate.

A tax rate that increases if by 1% every time you have a forced walking section, climbing section, or unskippable cutscene.

I don't know, seems better than masturbating and then posting on Yea Forums while listening to music on youtube, then maybe clicking a few videos until you go back on Yea Forums and then masturbating again.

This pasta is pure gold

>He thinks its the amount taxed that leads to corruption
Buddy, the rich will just bribe people anyway. Its what they do.

>so I could see people's reaction
I don't think it had anything to do with you, no. Why would you specifically be able to change the ending in the first place?

nah fapping is better

Anything is better than that ABOMINATION of a game Sekiro was.

Tolkien didnt have a life work to finish, for him the middle earth was a hobby, it eas never gonna be finished.

Attached: wojack.png (420x420, 39K)

His short story about strange insects was good. Don't remember the name tho

sounds like you don't know how to fap good

>From bases a game based off of Reddit P Lovecract the plebs version of William Hope Hodgson
>Now From bases a game off the writing of wannabe Tolkien

Attached: 1559368753370.jpg (700x658, 161K)

Eat a salad then you FAT FUCK

Thanks for reminding me to go back to reading Malazan mang. In any case about the Elden Ring. I'm gonna wait for the gameplay showcase.

Attached: 1522406333071.webm (640x360, 2.65M)

Well Bloodborne was one of their best games so here's hoping it works again.

That's still nit picking, considering how how long and how many the books are there's bound to be some funny bits. There's more to writing than some "epic" lines anyway. I've always liked his symbolism/foreshadowing, world building/history, and character interactions.

What if we got a video game created by

>GRRM as the Producer
>Lucas as the editor
>Kojima in charge of the budget
>Sean Murray in charge of public relations
>Peter Molyneux in charge of game design
>Studio Wildcard (ARK) in charge of programming

>He thinks Willioam Hope Hodgson is better than Lovecraft
This is just Yea Forums being contrarian again.

I still dont get whats so bad of describing diahrrea

Probably. Finish TWOW.

You just described Gearbox and their games.

I just want 1005 equality where every single entity is treated exactly the same. You cannot have that with progressive anything, including taxes. Your station and means should have zero bearing on how the state treats you in any case, if you are poor or rich the Government should not intervene at a personal level in any regard. The Government should only enforce blanket regulations that are necessary to protect the ability to live, such as food safety, policing and military etc. We should also make it treason to lobby and make any elected position pull from a lottery of qualified voted on politicians. If you serve a political term it should be treason to ever run for Government once your term is over. If one branch of Government gets more powerful than another it should be halted in all of it's functions until it loses any excess power.

Lovecraft thought fucking AC units were scary and couldn't write for shit so he just spammed adjectives, WHH could actually write and wrote about actually scary shit.

>What if we got a video game created by
>>GRRM as the Producer
Already a failure.
>>Lucas as the editor
Laughable
>>Kojima in charge of the budget
Hes just gonna spend it doing nothing
>>Sean Murray in charge of public relations
Everybody still hates the guy.
>>Peter Molyneux in charge of game design
No thanks
>>Studio Wildcard (ARK) in charge of programming
Its a dead project before it even began

That is a nice theory you have there, but its not based in reality. You don't actually understand how a society works or how a government functions in the real world.

>He fell for the "AC units are scary" meme.
This is how I know you didn't actually read the story.

Everyone should refuse to buy it until he releases the winds of winter.

thatsthejoke.jpg

literally me

Yeah well I never claimed to be smart, I just want everyone to be 95% free to make any decision they want.

Not in a million years George.

All taxation is theft

he didn't do much, just expanded the lore

Fat pink mast is a fat loser being self deprecating and lacking in self confidence. He's describing his own dick like that and he laughs immediately afterwards over how stupid it looks. Myrish swamp is supposed to make you feel uncomfortable and awkward and be gross because it's a sex scene with dubious consent where Cersei is thinking about how much she hates and is attracted to the other woman at the same time. Darkstar is a guy making a joke after being compared to his cousin the Sword of the Morning.

no I hate GOT and Souls games.

>20 years ago

>The Witcher 1 was released in 2007, they didn't get the rights until 2005

>20 years ago

well be a better comedian that delivery sucked.

Yeah because I can't get through the oh so baroque writing that brings my neural pathways to a turbulent point of *insert unnecessary adjective here* destruction

r/woosh

It might be good, because I honestly like how well he does at world building. His setting has centuries of lore and characters he can write literal history books about, plus all the freaky horror type shit he has in the background like the oily blackstone mysteries or what happens at the ruins of old Valyria.

Witcher game was in the works as early as 2002, google it

I'm going to buy Miyazaki's game, bless his soul.

>holy shit I should let Benioff and Weiss shit the bed with the TV show
>I bet user's gonna fucking love it

Attached: 220px-George_R._R._Martin_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg (220x273, 16K)

Reminder that he won and cdpr gave him a lot more money.

The Darkstar quote is great, though, it encapsulates his whole character.

>Admits to not understanding what he is criticizing
>Still expects his opinion to be valid.

based fuck intellectual property thieves.

My greatest hope is he takes everything the show writers did, and fucking flips it and does opposite of it to spite them.
Like imagine if he reveals the whole R+L=J is bunk and he really is Ned's bastard from Ashara Dayne or something, or Dany decides to never come back to Westeros and stays in Essos permanently.
suck on those subversions Dabid.

From what I gather they had been wanting to give the guy some additional amount of money for a long time, he was just refusing, biding his time and building his case to get the big bucks. Do we know how much he actually managed to get?

You don't have to understand lovecraft to criticize him. His writing is poor and isn't scary or interesting. I doubt you've read any WHH novels seeing as your reading comprehension is probably gradeschool level.

would be a good way to discourage shit taste

On Bonehunters now, this series has been 10/10 so far.

Attached: 1327726921057.jpg (385x264, 23K)

>You don't have to understand something to criticize it
Holy shit lol

You already admitted to not reading anything from Lovecraft. Its a bit hypocritical to then go "I BET YOU HAVEN'T EVEN READ -Insert author here-!"

So by your own admission if there was a flat tax rich people would figure out how to squirm out of things anyway.

Why'd he do it?

Attached: .jpg (2911x2509, 1.26M)

CDP did not spend 5 years on the Bioware Aurora Engine to make that game. The companies that tried to make the game 20+ years ago never got it above concept. That image is incorrect.

I'll buy several copies in hopes he continues to avoid finishing his books, ensuring his fans are left disappointed, and forever jaded.

Nigger I've read most things from lovecraft outside of his retarded "it's cold" story. I can shit talk him the same way I can shit talk King for making a book about toilet monsters.

BLEACHED

More than likely but I don't like the inherit bias of needing certain individuals to pay more than others proportionally. I find it gross for there to be such discrepancies in how we view each other as human beings that we decide those who make more are less worthy to keep what they earn, and those who earn less are more worthy just because they were unfortunate. Everyone should be treated identically by the Government with a 0% margin for bias for or against. No Government assisted living no tax breaks.

The problem is that you assume a flat tax treats everyone the same. But it doesn't. A flat tax inherently treats the rich better than the poor. Its a bigger cut of usable income from the poor than it is from the rich. You cannot give people 95% freedom with a flat tax system. By its nature it restricts some people more than others because you cannot possibly create a society where everyone is rich and can thus take advantage of such a system.
This is why pretty much every government in human history trends towards a progressive tax system where the rich get taxed more. It leads to a more stable economy and a healthier society. Conversely, societies that trend towards the opposite tend to collapse violently when the poor become oppressed by the rich.

That's literally impossible. Death is unpredictable and a lot of people live unhealty lifestyles nowadays so even if you don't live near high crime areas you could still suffer from a stroke or heart attack before you even finish a po

>Hur dur I can't get past the first line
>B-but I've totally read everything!
You repeat basic shit that people who don't actually understand Lovecraft think is actually from his stories. You haven't read shit. You are just pretending now because your whole argument is full of holes.

> literally an obese 70 year old diabetic.

I got news for ya'll. He's not finishing his books. He's a year or two away from croaking.

Fine then how about we just take 100% of any profit a company makes and if they file for complaint we behead each shareholder.

hope elden ring features aliens and spaceships, since GRRM is a sci-fi writer too and erden ringu commanded the stars

He has everything on his side to make it to atleast 80.

>Hur dur if I can't have my flat tax system the only other option is killing people
This is why no one will ever take your opinion seriously.

I would like to see this game :^)

Anyone who takes me seriously would regret it immensely. I cannot pilot my own life to a satisfactory degree.

it's nice to believe in miracles. I work in the medical industry. he's fucked.

I gotta say I'm jelly Tolkien never had the chance to personally get involved in a video game

Unless he drops all that weight hell die from something blood pressure related.

What's the context of this?

Being fat in old age isn't that bad actually.

He has a great prognosis being an upper class white man.