I liked Apollo Justice...

I liked Apollo Justice. Now that I've played the rest of the series I acknowledge that it's the weakest game but I had fun with it. Even though the actual execution falls flat in-game, the idea of cornering someone with 7 years of collected evidence is pretty cool to me. Hobo Phoenix was my first interaction with the character so the fact it dramatically breaks his characterisation didn't really weigh on me. My dad works in psychology and taught me the specifics of physical tells before I even touched the game so the fact that they were a major gameplay device really resonated with me. Overall I'd give the game a 7/10. Not quite living up to the hype of previous entries (I WANT TO CROSS EXAMINE THE PARROT) But still a perfectly good entry for newcomers to break their teeth on before going back to the original classics.

Attached: images.jpg (210x240, 8K)

PLAY ACE ATTORNEY 6. NOW!!!!

I heard he has a major part in it in some way or another but I've tried to keep myself spoiler free until I can get a 3ds. Care to give me a hint?

Very cool review, user. For that I'll bump your thread because while I didn't like Apollo justice as much as you did I recognize its merits and the game is in no way bad. Compared to the excellent or very great Ace Attorney entries, it's just great. And that's FINE

Attached: surprised nips.jpg (1551x616, 270K)

In both 5 and 6, Phoenix is taking kind of a back seat to be more of a mentor.
6 is Apollo's second game, basically.

Couldn't have said it better myself, exactly what I was going for. Thanks for your input.

the final case had the most anticlimactic ending ever. im still mad. i was enjoying it so much until the final trial

>that it's the weakest game
AAI and DD were worse.

Well, in that case i'll definitely have to check it out. I'm kind of a sucker for the 'sidekick MC' type character (Raiden from MGS, Nero from DMC, etc) so to see him take the forefront in another game is a definite plus for me

But what made you decide to play it first? I don't get it, why not just start playing in order?

I'll admit the final trial was, charitably put, complete dogshit. It was playing with a few interesting ideas but none of them landed on their feet, least of all the juror system introduction

I can't say I've ever played either of those. AAI was on the original DS but I didn't know the character so had no real motivation to pick it up

I wasn't familiar with the series simply put. I got a recommendation from a friend who said that this upcoming game was a soft reboot for the series so I thought 'sure, why not'. Turns out that was the beginning of my descent into playing all the games I could get

But did you play the other games afterwards? You said you didn't play AAI because you didn't know Edgeworth so does that mean you didn't play the original trilogy?

Ok, ya got me. I did play AAI after finishing the main trilogy. I figured saying I liked Apollo Justice would get me enough hate so I tried to avoid mentioning that I had fun with AAI as well. I didn't mention it cause it's very much doing it's own thing so i'm hesitant to include it with the mainline series. Truth be told, I need to replay it before I give a final verdict, I was sort of distracted by the full explorable environments to give a critical opinion.

Who did Naruhodo impregnate for his successors to give born to Phoenix Wright

I honestly never pay attention to opinions so I didn't even know people hated DD and AAI until very recently. Though I did have a feeling people hated AJ. But it doesn't fucking matter, in the end I liked all the games even if some I liked more than others.
But in short, play AAI2 and the 3DS games, even if people shit on DD I liked it, and if you like Apollo he plays a central role in SoJ and an important role in DD.

I will do, thanks. So, for the purposes of keeping this thread going: Who is everyone's favorite case? I can't speak for the 3DS entries but, generic an answer as it is, Turnabout Goodbyes is the peak of the series, no question in my mind.

It's a reverse AJ basically. Within the main narrative, Phoenix does a lot of the legwork in the beginning/middle then you switch to Apollo at the end for plot reasons while Phoenix gets thrown under the bus like Apollo did in AA4.

The best case in it is an Apollo one that has little to do with the main plot of the game in my opinion.

It's kinda hard to choose, really.
But I guess I'll have to go with Turnabout For Tomorrow (final DD case). It was the second time I couldn't figure out the killer before the obvious cue (first one being AAI2 final case). And I just loved it in general.

Apollo is a good game, I like it more than AA 1&2, AAI, & DD. 1 is a fucking slog honestly