GameCube

>GameCube
Tom Nook just owns a single store and 4 homes on an acre

>New leaf
He now just lets his nephews control the store business. He now manages the real estate and construction for the entire town.

>New Horizons
Fucker now owns a series of deserted islands, his own smartphone line, and expects you to develop the island for him so he can have more customers

How do we stop him?

Attached: BEA0147F-3D46-43FC-BCEE-B2D6B9A6BDDE.png (1842x1194, 1.25M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ds/920786-animal-crossing-wild-world/faqs/44202
lparchive.org/Animal-Crossing/Update 1/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is Tom Nook finally the mascot again?

Tom Nook is reflective of the rapid growth of corporations since his introduction in the original AC, and consolidation of multiple industries into single brands.

yes

Keep in mind that you are now paying HIM so YOU can work to develop HIS island

I wanna tickle his furry little balls

There is no stopping him now
I tried taking him out in the first Animal Crossing, but he was impervious to all of my attacks
Nook the Crook, famous Jewish racoon will reign over this peaceful comfy world with an iron fist.

You can't. Playing animal crossing means paying him absurd amounts of dosh for the privileged. The only winning move is not to play.

>little

The gamecube game was so comfy, I haven't played it in such a long time.

Attached: 1546538555938.png (525x698, 565K)

Did everyone forget about wild world? I never see it mentioned when talking about AC

Direct action

Attached: 1542151188283.png (500x385, 227K)

Why the fuck hasnt Nintendo remastered or rereleased previous AC games?

I imagine its barely any work for what must be a big market.

I started in 2018 with that game, still playing it. It’s super comfy and I like the things like the dialogue and character episodes, along with constellations.

nook is scary :(

Wild World isn't really canon.
It takes place in an alternate timeline.

Why would they go back to him over the sexy dog? Seems like a move backward.

Why the fuck would anyone work with this crazy coon?

Some of the things that happened in WW are referenced in NL and HHD though, so I’m not sure.

because Nogami, personally I like this change.

>little

You think you're his own customer? He has millions, all doing his bidding. As the games get more players, so does Tom Nook.
Next game he'll be Scrooge McDuck rich, with a giant vault where he jumps into a bunch of bells.

>offers huge loans
>no interest charged
>pay back in your own time
Why wouldn't you work with him

Attached: ac inventory.jpg (1920x1080, 209K)

>little
Tanooki balls are massive.

HHD would make sense since that's also not part of the series canon, but which events in WW are referenced in NL?

Can't wait for the next game to be a Nook cyberpunk dystopia where he is the leader of his own neo-feudal state

The only thing you have to lose is your chains.

Attached: 9d5.png (576x566, 325K)

>still using a leaf icon to depict all furniture
Why?? Can't I get an icon of a chair?

Is Tom Nook jewish?

Attached: 1559799382837.jpg (500x512, 33K)

But you and the animals are happy so it's ok.

Attached: 1515941585416.gif (750x750, 1.87M)

Name the raccoon.

Attached: 1400883290464t.jpg (220x220, 27K)

Nook City™?
It's a city of dreams.
And I'm a big dreamer.

He doesn't charge interest, so no. Jews will never pass up a chance at usury.

>develop villages
>develop islands
>develop countries

It's based on Japanese folklore or some shit, Tanooki can make things from leaves.
>every piece of furniture in Animal Crossing was made by Nook with his tanooki powers
whoa

Sable and Nook have repaired their friendship, but other than that I’m not sure. I need to look more into it.

You think you can stop me? Better villagers have tried and perished.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 9K)

He's Armenian.

damn what a past from the blast

Too many free NES games in the original. I wish they'd bring that feature back in some capacity. Maybe you could sign up to Nook's gaming service and get temporary access to a rotation of retro games for a weekly Bell fee.

Never have i seen gyroids under the same light since i read that

it's less work this way represent tools with a tool box and furniture with a leaf and you don't have to model so many icons

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.84M)

brothers...

Attached: OLD.gif (400x226, 1.6M)

Yes and I've never been happier
Cope harder Isabellefag, your seven years are over

Attached: 1556572574022.png (848x736, 1.26M)

I always play as male characters but I really like the female design in NH since she's cute as fucc. What do lads?

but now you're making them. So?

Attached: ac crafting animation.jpg (1920x1080, 268K)

No, Tom Nook is the villain in Animal Crossing. Also remember to pay debts.

apparently you can change at any time plus I assume you can preview your character before you start the game proper

Nook is right there. You only THINK you're making them. Nook is working his tanooki black magic as usual

Does Tanukichi's suit hide a massive pair of tanuki nuts?

>remember to pay interest-free, no credit check, no deadline debts

>What do lads?
you can go from male to female anytime you want in this game

Redpill me on Happy Home Designer. It's the only AC game I didn't play. Is it worth playing without using any amiibo whatsoever?

Attached: 1535685029480.png (712x517, 262K)

You could have the background of the icons be leaves if it so pleases you

>making a dozen icons is too much work
If that's the case then $60 is too much money.

>he doesn't know
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ds/920786-animal-crossing-wild-world/faqs/44202

Ironically enough the only game that you could say "isn't canon" is the first game due to Sable seemingly having issues with Nook (She complains about how he sells the clothes she makes for too low; The actual reason for this is because Able Sisters didn't exist in the N64 version and the player had to get new clothes somehow) which contradicts how she feels about him in Wild World.

However this can be excused because none of the characters besides Sable had an actual established backstory until Wild World.

Yes, but also no

Wild world is fondly remembered by many. It's city folk from Wii that time forgot entirely.

I didn't even know you could use amiibo. I had fun with it, pretty comfy meticulously designing homes.

Attached: ac bill.png (1920x1080, 1.69M)

God I hope they change the font for text or at least give you an option to change it

>just keep hitting rock and more rocks come out of it
>keep thwacking tree with axe
>no sign of damage or anything
>wood out the ass
did this not bug anybody else? what were they thinking making it a resource gathering game, and then to make all the resources just spawn meaninglessly. did they clarify anything about this?

desu I'd want a version of animal crossing where if you are late on your loan payments Tom Nook sends his henchmen after you to vandalize your property and break your kneecaps with a baseball bat

WW and CF are just retellings of the first game's scenario with a few things added here and there, so they're never really brought up in posts like this. NL was the first game to advance the "story", with Tortimer retiring, Nook pursuing new business opportunities, Labelle reuniting with her sisters, Resetti losing his job, etc.

I like it. It's nice and clear

Attached: ac beach.png (1920x1080, 1.44M)

They haven't said anything at all about how it works

probably because they don't want you deforesting the island but some have suggested you can kill trees and destroy rocks with better tools

Attached: ac basic camp.png (1920x1080, 1.04M)

>did they clarify anything about this?
yes, they said that the game will come out march 2020

It's just too big and bulky, the text from the teaser in the OP was perfect imo

The weird thing is that text prompts like "Should I craft this using Nook's table?" still use the font from NL, and it looks far better. I wonder why they feel the need to have a different font for speech when this series has previously always used one font all around.

>that portable radio
So you can have your K.K. Slider tunes outside? Pretty cool. I wonder if there will be a new musical artist in the AC universe or if it will still be only K.K.

Id be okay with a small band of K.K. friends honestly
The K.K. Klan

Sauce?

Enjoy the ride

He does imply he would "send his raccoon goons" after you in GCN, but it was just a joke. Nook is greedy, but that just inspires him to be enterprising, not crooked. He is very nice.

What's next? Elon Nook and having you colonize a planet?

Attached: 75 - Camp no villager.png (1920x1080, 853K)

He always was.

Is this a lot by his standards

Attached: ac bill 1.png (1920x1080, 1.34M)

That's a couple dozen fish worth of bells

>that horrible, long wait between the JP and US versions of New Leaf
>starting to feel it all over again for New Horizons

Attached: 1544931712901.gif (200x214, 1.95M)

This was one hell of a ride

Because Isabelle is too busy in Smash, obviously.

Attached: DuVWneDXgAEv93q.jpg (2896x2684, 1.46M)

are they not going to do a worldwide release for Horizons

Nobody knows except Nintendo, and even they might not know

I don't like how the game is set on an island. Hopefully this doesn't limit the things you can do.

>It's the only AC game I didn't play.
Does that mean you played the party game?

if you're still limited to under a dozen villagers I doubt it'll make any difference at all.

But of course once you pay it, he'll upgrade something and you'll be right back in debt.

if you can build on every part of the island as it seems you can I can't see there being any issue with the size of the map

Attached: ac map.jpg (1920x1080, 248K)

that's only for the tent. You probably have to pay for the construction of the house since I doubt you'll craft an entire house yourself. At least you can save on furniture by building it yourself if you can get the recipes

For people who are curious about the size of the island.

Attached: 1560362099948.png (1580x1112, 1.16M)

>implying he doesn't just tack on 10% flat-rate

this entire series is tom nook’s ponzi scheme

the final animal crossing game will be you taking him down

>you can now build fences
>you can now build a yard
>you can now build a castle garden with walls

I'm not ready...

He's a trickster Tanooki that can do anything.

look at this pic. It actually looks like a nice suburb with some kind of planning put in rather than building just placed willy nilly with trees everywhere and no paths

Attached: ac yards.png (1920x1080, 1.18M)

people keep posting this but it's clearly an over estimate as it's covering parts of the map you can't even walk

Obviously. But the same applies for the tile measurements of the other games as well.

>nintendo
>options
Never going to happen.

I wonder how the main street stores will be replaced, if at all. There doesn't seem to be any room on the island for a row of stores. Maybe you build some of the replacements, or maybe it's a ferry service to go shopping.

everybody asks you before they build anything so I don't see why the same wouldn't apply to store owners

Explicit sex scenes when

>Isabelle got in smash over Tom Nook
Sakurai is a fucking hack

Attached: RealMasahiroSakurai.png (478x456, 193K)

I think measurement for other games are accurate, because people can open the game and count for themselves

There's a plane icon on the bottom of the map. Asides from visiting other players' islands, we don't know what it could be used for.

The real enemy is that CUNT mole who bitches when you dont close the game properly.
MY GAME CRASHED YOU STUPID NIGGER. GET OFF MY FUCKING CASE.

Attached: 1559895598355.jpg (600x488, 38K)

are any of the animals even couples in these games

>wanting Nook as a playable character and not a wave type boss sending out villagers

You cannot stop capitalism.

How do you even crash the game?
Did you try to fuck the cart or something?

They're measured based on square acres, user. That includes tiles that can't be walked on.

Another thing to consider is that New Horizons lets you place stuff pretty much anywhere, including the beach.

If it makes you feel better he apparently lost his job.

Yes I am married to Apollo

In NL you don't ever have to see him. And if you do, you can say your batteries ran out and he's cool

Might be like the roost in NL, as in you chose the building location.

>yfw we get a poptart switch
I'd buy two lads

It’s implied that Sable and Nook are exes I think.

Nook is a jew but a benevolent one.

It's just the home building from NL except it's a business scenario and you don't have to unlock anything. Amiibo content is just a small extra. Kind of pointless but fun if you're into it. It precedes some new ideas like separate carpets and half-spaces that are later used in the mobile game and now NH

Soon there will be a NookScore that tracks your social credit in the Nook ecosystem.

I have a theory that he’s actually a drug dealer, that’s why he needs an island with an airport, to ship drugs from. Pablo Escobar also owned an island to ship drugs from.

so can you build your own houses and stuff now??
also do you juist start by yourself and then everyone moves in eventually?

>poptart switch
what

Nook Miles already do that

the latter

Attached: actually start out with a bed this time.jpg (1920x1080, 99K)

Attached: screen_shot_2013-04-17_at_10.20.12_am.0.jpg (1200x800, 276K)

jesus christ

Never played an AC before so looking forward to this. More importantly, are you buying digital or physical? I'm physical only but I'm sorely tempted to make an exception for this...

>Still not playable in Smash
Uuuuuhhh....no. Sorry bro.

it depends on if they release something special for physical like a collectors edition.
that's what i'm doing with FE anyways

i love it

the leaf wasn't a placeholder for e3 so they'll make official icons later?

Why are the maps so fucking small in AC fuck its ridiculous that the oldest games in the series have the biggest maps. The newer games maps feel so cramped.

I always make the mistake of buying these games physical and wishing I could start them up whenever with the Digital version

This is my issue, it seems this is a great game to just pick up and play for a few minutes every day for over a year. I think I'll do this

I read an article about someone who played an AC for 17 years. No pictures of his village though

>tiny inventory space again

Attached: 1560296115410.png (563x729, 526K)

digital. I do physical for any game I might "beat" and put away after, but for life sims or online I go digital.

whoever kills them will be freed of their debt

he died unloved and alone in a dirty hole like an animal

we can only hope for large item stacks

that's more than New Leaf plus similar items stack. If speculation is right backs and the like will boost it even further

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.06M)

can you store things somewhere other than your personal inventory in Animal Crossing games there's some mention of a wardrobe but I imagine that's like a clothes inventory suggesting that you have another inventory for wearable items

yes, New Leaf had a universal item storage that could be accessed from any closet; I'm guessing that's what the wardrobe in the E3 demo is referring to

Yes.

The reception to Isabelle was so negative that they shit canned her

>sexy dog
Where?

I really don't know

Attached: 1485149681009.gif (540x252, 159K)

>How do we stop him?
We don't. Nook's rise from local shopkeep to self-made baller with a lucrative empire was inevitable and the best thing that could happen to the world of Animal Crossing.

Fanart doesn't count fag.

So can you place ALL furniture outside or just a few certain items? I don't find the campy theme to all the items we see very comfy. Also can we walk on cliffs again? I see flowers and trees up there

from the sounds of it you can put everything outside. Don't know if you can put outside things like the Bonfire inside

I want to mate with Tom Nook!

Tom Nook. He's the sexiest dog. He's a raccoon dog so it counts.

20 is a significant improvement from previous games, plus more items than paper and fruit stack now

The game comes out on March 20th. Don't know if it's the same for Japan, but you could check if you wanted.

They wouldn't make it if they didn't find her sexy ya brainlet

>you will never lift up his apron and fondle him
Suffering

Attached: 1494638057753.jpg (318x313, 11K)

It’s always been a leaf
It’s not a limitation choice it’s a style one

Since they say you stay in your tent forver if you want to I wander if you can upgrade it to be as big as Nooks

Attached: ac nook tent.png (1920x1080, 1.17M)

I want him to drag his balls across my face
I want him to slap me silly with his massive tanuki testicles
I want him to suffocate me in his overwhelming raccoon nuts

Nook is the best damncharacter of this game.

bump

It feels like Yea Forums has already discussed what little we know to death

>You can finally put a gnome outside your house
Finally.

>Kyogoku told a hilarious story about how one of her colleague's wife has a particular love for fishing in the game. His kids started getting upset, though, when she kept poaching all the fish on the island while they were at school, leaving none for them by the end of the day. After pleading with their mom, she finally promised she'd never fish again.

I haven't been following the news about this game all that closely, but does this mean the number of fish per day will be limited? Not sure how I feel about that.

What is Tom Nook's japanese name?

Tanukichi.

How much mental gymnastics did you do to reach that conclusion

time for wild speculation then. For example, they say once you hit a certain point things progress pretty much like a bog standard Animal Crossing game so imagine if this game become New Leaf 2.0 as soon as you have a Town Hall in place

tiny inventories add soul, this isn't skyrim

Big Balls Barry

If I recall, in HHD, Nook said he donates 90% of his income to an orphanage.
He's a very nice guy.

God I want to be the island hobo so bad.

pretty sure the animals won't surpass your progress so if you're in a tent then so will everyone else

Attached: ac mineral rock.png (564x614, 522K)

fuck...

I've literally never played an Animal Crossing game
considering getting this when it comes out
what am I in for

the question is whether your tent disappears when you get your house or if you can keep a tent and your house

A truly never-ending grind.

How does
>when she kept poaching all the fish on the island while they were at school, leaving none for them by the end of the day.
not suggest the possibility of a limit?

A super comfy experience

comfy game, albeit maybe a little pointless
if you liked harvest moon, think of it like that except you don't tend a farm but rather socialize with the animals in your village and spend your time collecting fish, furniture and chilling
now if you want some more "reason" behind a game, check out rune factory 4 special or rune factory 5 when those come out
essentially the same as harvest moon except you also have pretty good combat and boss battles, with some waifu sim shit thrown in
you can even do dungeons with your waifu

Attached: 1476490605827.gif (180x236, 901K)

Tom (((Nook)))

Gas yourself

They showed you can dig up trees, I assume the reason the axe didn't cut down the tree is because it doesn't have a high enough grade or something.

>How do we stop (((him)))?
A question as old as time.

>tom nook is jewish!
Reminder the jewish takeover of banking started in the middle ages because catholicism forbade charging interest on loans and thus it was only profitable for jews to do it
Therefore Tom Nook actually has accepted god as his lord and personal savior sorry kikes

yeah but you put that tree in your pocket implying you can do something with it later so it's not simply deforestation

It's just a funny story

I had wanted to make a better representation compared to older games, but I was to lazy to try and figure out the actual acre sizes. Acres in NH are wide now, but not sure how they line up with the map. In the older games every acre was 16 x 16 tiles, which included all parts of the map you couldn't walk on like water.

Attached: acnh_islandsize_nooks3.png (1580x1112, 1.08M)