Make decent progress in pic related

>make decent progress in pic related
>leave game for a few days
>come back
>completely forget map and progress
>have to start new save

Attached: 91540557d07599fd6b8d63e544320fc682e71ec8d30f2b7c3d13568af18323be (1).jpg (1024x1024, 737K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/386340/MegaSphere/
store.steampowered.com/app/503180/miniLAW_Ministry_of_Law/
youtube.com/watch?v=xdWkZOo-p0M
youtube.com/watch?v=qPsd9nzZ9X4
youtube.com/watch?v=PZecYa4OCmo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sorry your memory is shit user

thats why i just play the game nonstop til im done

>tfw you fell for this meme and wasted 8 bucks
never again will I listen to Yea Forums

This

You paid 8 bucks. What did you lose? I mean, even compared to other games worth 8 bucks.

Why the fuck would you have to start a new save? C'mon bro. You can remember what you need to remember after playing for like an hour or so.

Stop making fucking Hollow Knight threads or I will reinstall it for the 10th time and try to get the pantheon

Attached: 20180819_225134.jpg (348x375, 50K)

where'd you get filtered?

>He can't beat a metroidvania
Sad

>He

trannies arent women

>got it xbox gamepass
>only paid $1 for it

Attached: 1547408445876.jpg (368x368, 10K)

>crying that you wasted 8 dollars
fucking eight dollars the absolute state of poorfags

What are some other games like hollow knight that I've probably completely overlooked because they're indie/platformer games? I'm bored and need something new to play

PC or Switch?
FYI, I have an Xbone controller but no Joycon Pro.

Gothic 2

store.steampowered.com/app/386340/MegaSphere/
dev regularly updates the game and posts info on twitter/discord

>make decent progress
Oh, you must be talking about PoH-
>completely forget map

for 8 bucks I eat for 4 days

Rabi Ribi. Give it a pirate, it's great.

This also looks promising, despite of both not being kinda like HK they still are hidden gems
store.steampowered.com/app/503180/miniLAW_Ministry_of_Law/

I don't like Piranha Bytes combat

...good thing you have a map and a charm to see your own position in real time though?

exactly the type of stuff I want to check out, thanks guys

its not that bad and combat is not even the main thing in the game

Attached: valdis pelss story.jpg (460x215, 60K)

>have to kill super versions of old bosses to get to Radiance
Never has my boner gone limp in such a short amount of time.

Attached: 1533486562558.png (208x212, 37K)

isn't this just how the genre is? make a small quick note of what you were doing earlier before you quit.

Can someone explain why people say this is the best metroidvania ever? I've only gotten past the green area does it get immensely better or something? Symphony of the Night and Aria of Sorrow are my favorites in the genre btw.

op here, replaying from the start makes me realize how kino this game actually is. starting to regain my bearings. brapinada

rain world

A limp dicked sissy slut can never beat AR.
Train hard and get your monster cock hard as diamonds.

You've barely scratched the surface

Not the same as Hollow Knight, but I just restarted Suikoden 2 because I forgot what the fuck was going on and why I was using certain people

if you dont like a challenge maybe don't try to complete the hard version of the game?
people like you come whining about the white palace even though its optional.

man I really couldn't get into Castlevania. I like Metroid a lot but SotN didn't click with me. Hollow Knight seems cool so far though.

HK's map is so memorable to me that I can go months without touching it and still know exactly how to get everywhere I need to.

>has

that's just a sign of having a functioning brain. no doubt you'd know your way around where you live without going outside for months on end too.

>shill this game to my friends
>They all agree it's "mediocre"
>Ask them why
>One guy managed to get past hornet without realizing that he could hit the bell to call the stag bettle
>Another guy reached mantis lords without ralizing he could attack upwards and downwards
After that, I just assume that everyone that criticizes hollow knight is a brainlet.

>get past Hornet
>completely lost
>get bored
I hate absurd amounts of "exploration" in mazelike Metroidvanias.

Attached: 1402855890202.jpg (490x368, 57K)

huh? dude the game basically tells you where to go in almost every situation

the only "hard" exploration is finding all the little secrets, none of which are required to beat the game
as long as you literally just walk around you will beat the game

Don't you have pins? You can buy pins to mark on your map on places you can't progress.

>I hate absurd amounts of "exploration"
fucking lol

>make decent progress in pic related
>go back to the main town and buy some upgrades
>some of the better upgrades cost upwards of 1200
>go on a long journey exploring new area and trying to flesh out my map
>destroy tons of ore nodes and get their coins
>fight several (mini?) bosses and get their coins
>try to get to another area with a bit of a puzzle
>lose HP trying to get the timing right
>get too low and run out of soul, not worth the risk so go back to heal and buy something
>die for the first time on the way
>last bench I spawn at is far af away
>die trying to get back
>lose about 1450 coins that I can't get back because I already killed the bosses and ore nodes that gave me at least 1000 of it
>feel like I just wasted a ton of time and resources that I can't get back more than killing basic/easy enemies for 3 coins a pop
>literally closed the game as soon as I died the second time and haven't turned it on again since, don't know if it autosaved or if I saved my progress at all since I started
>if it didn't save it might have been for the best since restarting the whole game would at least give me a chance to get back those lost coins
>even if I did lose here, some of the bosses I fought (esp the needle bitch) were kicking my ass and I barely even won and its like the second actual boss of the game so it'll only get harder
>feel like this is a zoomer game and a boomer like myself can't keep up without korean sc2 pro reflexes
it seems really fun though and hollow knight is so cute, I just want to protect him but I'm too shit

Attached: 153461335628.gif (434x434, 60K)

>>Another guy reached mantis lords without ralizing he could attack upwards and downwards
That's pretty impressive, seeing you need to do that to get over the purple mushrooms.

Yup that game's trash, literally 'reddit, the game'. Thank god I didn't pay for it.

Based.

Eat shit ?

The area past Hornet, Fungal Wastes, is still part of the incredibly linear tutorial.

Im actually dumbfounded how you got lost. You fall into multiple pits you cant even jump out of and forces you to get the wall-jump at that point.

You have a mechanic where you can mark the map with different colored pins, how do you fuck up this hard?

I got it for 8 bucks and rage quit the game after less than 2 hours in.
Even if I never play it again I can't even call it a waste at that price.

You have to buy that privilege from the vendor, and there are other purchases that take priority so you don't get that option until at least 5 hours or so.

>You have to buy that privilege
OOHH MAAI GAAAWWWD, NOOOOOO!

Attached: 1301775578946.jpg (322x247, 10K)

>5 hours
you're joking right

Getting to the true ending isn't exactly optional and it's more about them reusing bosses rather than challenge. They have those stupid dream trees all around the map that give fuck all essence, could've buffed those up.

What are some other good eShop games $20 or cheaper? I have $16.50 in eShop coins. I already have Cuphead and Stardew on Steam

dream no more is the true ending desu

No, I am not the OP user. But I got that upgrade for myself after about 4 hours 45 mins.

CrossCode. Shit's tight

money is not a problem in this game.
you lost nothing

>fungal wastes
Actually have no idea where that is, haven't played in a couple days but after I beat Hornet I backtracked to the place where you have to jump up the wall over the spikes and fight the Brooding Mawlek.

>what I expected
a cool metroidvania experience
>what I got
trial and error dark souls experience adapted to 2D

>hating on Hollow Knight
Y'all have terrible tastes

Attached: 1552755187626.jpg (1024x5543, 441K)

The Virgin Reddit Knight Vs. The Chad Rabi-Ribi

notice how most criticisms of this game are either built upon salt or insecurity buzzwords like 'reddit'

Attached: 1560542400763m.jpg (1024x572, 105K)

Attached: git_gud.png (500x616, 108K)

Attached: 1531074145552.jpg (500x428, 59K)

rabi ribi

I like my castlevania's with good music, this game has the most mediocre music ever.

binding of isaac

>incredibly linear tutorial
sorry, what?
nothing about the game has felt like a tutorial, let alone a linear one.

The closest its got is the part where hornet zips around and shows you a very generalized indication of what direction to go on the second zone. The first zone has no indication whatsoever I had to explore every damn corner after beating the boss to stumble onto the lizard that lead to the jungle zone because there was no indicator.

And nothing about the game itself is explained either, you are a rat in a maze in more ways than one until you just randomly figure things out by accident.

The design flaws stopped me before i even started.

Attached: 1556444815612.png (761x1000, 653K)

Attached: 1560110313199.png (1366x768, 426K)

Do not sexualize her.

That makes no sense, your map shows where you've been and where you haven't.

>design flaws
Such as?

>not being able to beat False Knight
Jesus.

I'd bapa her nadas

Whoever made this image has a 4th grade level of handling English grammar, possibly even worse.

>tag: unbirth

Is this that game that is much better than Bloodstained?

Oh. Silk Song was just shown off in the TreeHouse the other day, so now we're going to have an influx of people on the outside who will say it's "overrated" so that they don't feel like they've missed out on somethimg.

youtube.com/watch?v=xdWkZOo-p0M
>phase 2 of hollow knight
>mediocre
You're just retarded.

yeah money does not matter. And if you die and lose your gold i think the ores respawn.

>now
That happens whenever hollow knight is on sale and people start making new threads. I was one of them until i actually gave the game a try

>the ores respawn.
they do not

you will be swimming in gold anyway

>can't beat nightmare king grimm

its ok i didnt want to 100% anyway!

I liked old NES/MegaDrive similar games, I also enjoyed Ori, but Hollow Knight felt a bit... boring? After an hour or so. I didn't spend that much time though, but just couldn't go on on my first sitting. Should I try again?

i'm stuck here too. havent done trial of fools either.

How far did you get?

>should i finish a game before i make an opinion about it
yes

If you found it boring, you probably have ADHD.
Hollow Knight has a slow pace at the beginning of the game and ramps up as you get further, but if you can't stomach a slow pace or any form of restraint or subtlety, then there aren't many forms of media that you'll get enjoyment out of outside of Disney's Marvel's Avengers.

That goes without saying. What I meant was rather... Should I bother even trying if I didn't like it immediately? I mean, I know there are many games (or media in general) that are very slow starters, which have a prolonged 'wait for it' portion and so on, and you usually need recommendations from some people or sources that you consider damn trustworthy in order to get through it. For me this first hour felt like 'when will this amazing game I keep hearing about start getting amazing?' - so my question is, rather, whether this is just one of those slow starters.

>After an hour or so
Did you get ANY new abilities at all in that time? I don't think you did.

yeah, the first time i played it i stopped before even the false knight
second time i did everything i could
i recommend you try again

pretty sure the majority of people that criticize hollow knight are brainlets

Usually, when you see the controls settings mention a lot of stuff like dashing, magic, other things, and you only can do some simple attack at the very beginning, this 'beginning' rarely lasts long; you usually get most of that stuff soon, with some certain things being reserved for later in the game (like Y/triangle button in Ori). In Hollow Knight, I've spent more than an hour without getting literally any new buttons or abilities compared to the beginning of the game. Just the same jump and simple attack spam against some random harmless enemies.

I knew about swinging up and down for combat, but didn't put it together in my head that I could pogo on spikes and the mushrooms, I thought I had to get frame perfect jumps on the mushrooms to get past them (I eventually did). I told my friend who beat it how crazy those mushrooms were and he laughed in my face and explained. I still can't believe how stupid I was.

Was just replying to someone else with - I guess it answers this, too. I found the mapping dude, came back to the surface and found his wife. Bought some new things and was preparing to go back down again, but couldn't bring myself to do it. Found several dead-ends - some required considerably longer jumps than I could do, some had weird NPCs in the air I couldn't reach, one had an enemy who hid in a sort of immunity shell whenever I got close. I don't think I've checked further beyond the mapping guy though.

The Virgin Weeaboo Trash vs The Chad Australian Bug

get the fireball spell, then go to greenpath to the west. boom you got dash, and then immediately after you get wall jump.

Oh, so you've mastered nail jumping already? Go challenge Mawleek then.

Yeah I played it for a few hours a couple months back and I’m pretty sure I would have to start over if I wanted to play it again

go to the middle of the forgotten crossroads

Yes congratulations you've found dead-ends. It's up to you to discover how to make it past them. The one who hides behind a shell guards the path to a very beautiful area where you want to go.

>all these triggered anons after the game kicked their ass
lmao

Suikoden 2

To Hornet and she was impossible.

this
You think you can handle simple mechanics like jumpan and hittan but it sound's like you don't know how to even use it. If you REALLY knew what you were doing, you wouldn't be stuck in the tutorial and have gotten like 3 bonus grubs and faced a bonus boss, and gotten an extra full heart container all in the first area if you knew how to use a simple "jump and hit" to its potential.
You got a lot to learn, dont complain about how the beginning wasn't teaching you mechanics, because it was and it's subtle.

THE LIGHT CANNOT BE CONSUMED

Attached: 20190602154849_1.jpg (1920x1080, 318K)

Like half of all people who played the game beat her, user.

>She can't play games

Attached: 1450291564171.png (354x316, 139K)

I got bored of the game after beating the mantis lords and haven’t touched it in months, kind of regret it because I’m in the same situation as you right now. Might just skip the first game and play silk song because it looks way better.

I'm not 100% certain what you guys are talking about, I meant just... jumping. Those are literally the only 2 things I could do after more than an hour of playing - jumping and doing some some simple attack. But I guess I should give it another go and see how it goes further.

Betcha half these shitters laugh at people for getting filtered in other games too.

Attached: Untitled.png (253x225, 31K)

I managed to get to mantis lords without knowing about a down and up strike as well. It's because I was using keyboard and mouse. When I plugged in my controller due to exasperation it blew my mind and I beat them on my first try after that

Attached: 1506397362376.jpg (526x686, 70K)

i thought you were joking
every time i look at steam achievements it's like this
do people just stop playing games?

Attached: LMFAO.png (992x101, 20K)

Did you find any bosses? You spent an hour and just went around in circles?

youtube.com/watch?v=qPsd9nzZ9X4
>mediocre

They get filtered.

Attached: Extremely violent image, do not view.gif (829x976, 153K)

Attached: TOUCHING INTENSIFIES.gif (1500x440, 398K)

This post right here is proof that poorfags are the ultimate cancer of this board. They're the ones who shill for companies and suck their dicks because they can only afford one console and contribute to all the faggy consolewarring threads. Yea Forums should automatically IP ban any household that makes less than $60k a year or whatever inflation equivalent of that in non American countries.

Attached: 1535612088934.png (574x413, 476K)

She is a hard boss. Not everyone that plays games is mechanically gifted.

She's really not, you need to learn her tells and avoid the attacks, not tank them.
The sooner you learn that, the more fun you'll have

Attached: IN LAND OF STORMS GODSEEKER TOUCHES YOU.gif (715x564, 1.06M)

>not having beaten PoH with all Bindings active at the same time
Pity those normies. Minds locked. Thoughts trapped in solitude. Faint shadow of an idea are the words that attempt its utterance.

Attached: gods of thunder gods of rain.jpg (1920x1080, 120K)

Attached: weird siblings dance.gif (870x849, 546K)

>give me back my money!

>She is a hard boss. Not everyone that plays games is mechanically gifted.
No she isn't.
She's a game of simon with a needle.

i think my reaction speed is absolute garbage but hornet was easy as fuck
how is she hard?

pic related.

You can bounce off of spikes, cheese half of the games enemies, and go into places you arent meant to VERY early by simply pogo-ing off of stuff. It's a simple mechanic, but it's hard to master.

Like I said, you talk about how you deal with jump and sword for a long part of the game, but fail to realize those are your main mechanics and failed to learn how they work. You were more upset that you didnt get some end-game super bonus that you just gave up because you didnt get so far as the fucking "shoot projectile" move, which spices up combos and combat as a whole, and incredibly early at that.

Attached: kQt33Ya.gif (640x228, 1.89M)

to be fair i lost to her an embarassing amount of times before the combat "clicked".

How exactly does Hornet fight manage to filter people that hard? Only 16.2% of players on Steam beat the basic HK ending.
After seeing Silksong gameplay from E3, I can't wait to see people rage about Lace.

It took me so fucking long to learn how to do this. That vessel fragment in THAT room in Deepnest gave me PTSD.

Hornet is a great example of a casual filter, cause unlike False Knight or Gruz mother she requires you to actually understand the combat mechanics.

>You can bounce off of spikes, cheese half of the games enemies, and go into places you arent meant to VERY early by simply pogo-ing off of stuff. It's a simple mechanic, but it's hard to master.
When I played Hollow Knight I ASSUMED this was the intended method to play the game, so I went wherever I could go from the get-go.
I'm still not entirely sure what the intended route for Hollow Knight is, or if it even has one at all. I know some places are meant to be done early but the early game is sort of a Majula sort of situation.

Attached: 1460946411788.jpg (699x699, 29K)

What kind of bugs are those?

>mechanically gifted
You mean not have learning disabilities? Fucking zoomers man

Attached: 1550197590383.gif (222x222, 1.55M)

>uses her first attack
>you've never seen it before so you get hit by it
>uses her second attack
>uses her third attack
>shit now I'm low health, gotta hea-
>she does another attack and hits you
>now you have 1 health left and are panicking
>now your'e dead
>if you want to try again you have to run all the way back there, also you have no money to power up because she took it

Crossroads > False Knights > Greenpath > Hornet > Fungal Wastes > Mantis Claw is pretty clearly intended, but after that there's a million options. You can get to Brooding Mawlek without getting any upgrades though.

The Wyrms
Godlike beings
The King was orignally one of them.

Gods

holy shit I remember I was trying to do this with like 2000 geo on me while stuck in deepnest. That took me 30+ tries. My fucking blood pressure was off the charts
Now I've done path of pain and could do that part with one hand behind my back

>money to power up
??????
just fight the boss again, these things happen.
The bench in the middle of the vertical area is just 3 minutes or so away

so it takes two tries

Imagine being this slow.

>no money to power up
Her tells are easy as hell and she yells before every attack. Humans are supposed to be good at pattern recognition. Maybe we should cull the herd.

Attached: 1444679243282.jpg (375x305, 24K)

>mechanically gifted

of the 3 mechanics you have at that point?
jump, hit, and shoot? must take some real big brain IQ to handle all those mechanics.

White Palace is so weird.
>go through the first area with BUZZSAWS
>takes me a while to get to the lever to progress
>have a brainfart and drop down without actually activating it
>breeze my way back through the route it took me a while to figure out with zero effort
The game teaches you if you're willing to learn.

the nearest bench is like 30 seconds away and you're guaranteed to win the second time if you don't have brain damage

It is a decent metroidvania, but far from the best

i managed to beat hornet on my first ever try, you're mechanically retarded

Attached: 1516229451114.jpg (572x497, 63K)

That and you can cheese a few parts of TWP easily if you're observant enough to spot the gaps to squeeze through or jump up to.
You can bypass a good third of the buzzsaws in the early level, and if you get lucky on the timing during the down portion you can drop dead through without a scratch.

its okay if it took you a bunch of tries
as long as you're not the 44% that quit and watched a streamer/youtuber do it

I've listed to all dialogues, explored in all directions I could, and yes, I took more than one hour. I mean, finding all the stuff I've listed in less than 1 hour on the first playthrough would imply either knowing where to go from streams and such, or just rushing in one direction without reading/listening to lore and exploring everything you can.

Silk song looks a lot better than the first one. If they fix the map system it might be GotY

whats wrong with the map system

You're only a casual if you quit user, i also got killed a bunch of times by Hornet

You can do them one at a time and still get the Godseeker mask

That's me except I don't start a new game. Instead I just wonder around for hours until I remember what I was doing.

I kinda didn't get to try out things due to being stuck. I just simply walked around the places that are available to me, taking notes of what's in every dead end, assuming that there's a chance I need to come here later with something else. As I already mentioned, I didn't have time to get 'upset', I just got bored with the monotonous basic-level gameplay that didn't seem to change for quite a long time - much longer than the slowest starters I've ever played on NES or MD.

>get to 111%
>can't beat the pure vessel after a dozen of tries
>haven't touched the game in 2 months

Attached: 1521757370363.png (700x475, 485K)

I beat the original ninja gaiden trilogy on NES. I am no zoomer, I'm just not a young man anymore.

Pretty sure Pure Vessel doesn't count towards the 112%

No, silly. Wyrms look like pic related. In the world of Hollow Knight there exist Higher Beings - gods that control dreams and soul, who create and rule over lesser bugs. Wyrms are merely one subcategory of Higher Being, characterized by their enormous physical size, prescience and preference for building kingdoms. There are other subcategories (which can overlap, as is the case with the Pale Wyrm), like the Pale Beings and the Blazing Kin.

Attached: pale wyrm.png (672x900, 1019K)

Yeah he does, he's in the fourth pantheon

Hollow Knight was tedious as fuck, like most metroidvanias, because of its save feature.
If they made it like Ori and the Blind Forest, the game would have been fantastic.

You have to sit at a bench to update it. Some times it takes several minutes to get to the closest bench. Why can't it just update as you go? So annoying to spend 5 minutes going to a bench, realizing that you missed an exit, and then spend 5 minutes going back again

I know. It's bullshit, isn't it? I wasted like 30 hours on All Bindings PoH and got nothing but the satisfaction for beating the final challenge of the game.

thank god the devs dont listen ti retards like yourself

the save mechanic is what made areas like deepnest and crystal peak 10/10 though

People hate losing and learning. They want easy to play and easy to master games offering instant gratification. And if the game turns out to be too difficult or not rewarding fast enough they just quit and start playing something else because they'll always find an alternative in another game that's easy to play and with instant gratification

So you enjoyed having to backtrack all the time to update the map? No other metroidvania does this

>made it more like Ori
Ori is easy as shit and way too fucking long and "cinematic". HK is way better. All Ori has is graphics.

How does the save feature actually work?
t. 3 hours into the game and haven't seen a way to save yet

You sit on a bench

Just git gud fags like seriously

>Garbage game came out years ago
>Still shill it FOR FREE

Pathetic. Have sex.

You sit on a bench. Congratulations, you've now saved. If you die or quit the game you get sent back to that bench.

You sit on benches, which are too goddamn rare.
Same shit as b*nfires in a similarly tedious game.

You're full of a shit. These games be can beaten by learning patterns and training your muscle memory through repetition above "mechanical gift", Ninja Gaiden more so than HK. Sure, having quick reactions help, but you're a dumbass zoomer if you think oldschool weren't programmed for longevity with artificial difficulty.

Oh, that saves?
What's the problem with that feature then? SotN and metroid had save rooms like that too.

I have no idea how is even possible to get lost in Hollow Knight. I just started playing La Mulana and thats some real shit.

BASED

Fuck Hollow Shit and fuck the shills

If you backtrack to update the map instead of just finding another bench you're a coward and a retard

And HK was not easy as shit? No boss took more than 20 tries and dying twice to lose all of your stuff never happens unless you are a retard

i fucking hate when people shit on hollow knite it really is the best indie game, it shits all over lisa,undertale and shovel shit knight, you have to be a good gamer to even beat it. if that don't mean it's the best I don't know what is

Of course NES games had artificial shit difficulty. But I was younger when I played them so I had the reflexes to deal with the unfair challenge.

Even though hollow knight is a lot more fair in its challenge, I don't have those reflexes or skills anymore. The time it takes from seeing the tell, to associating it with a certain attack, to reacting to dodge/deal with that attack is too long. The attack has already hit me by the time I'm inputting the movement.

exactly my situation user. is there a mod to make the map update in real time?

>You sit on benches, which are too goddamn rare.
God, how are guys even capable of turning your game on?

That's the reason why I dropped it.

Wat? Are you projecting? Benches are not littered throughout the area. You can easily have found all benches and not have explored the area. When you then get stuck, you have to backtrack to the closest one. I mean wtf are you smoking?

You sound like you're 60. Stick to books and stay off the internet, old man.

Nigga, till you get wall jump there is literally one way to go, literally one and the game tells you where it is in the map.

>IP count doesn't change
Stop arguing with yourselves, dumbasses. There are many good indie games.

Attached: 1554232289268.png (1603x1699, 816K)

>Forget everything in a couple days
What a fucking retard. I still remember perfectly maps of games I played years ago. Why don't you play something more your speed, like bing bing wahoo?

Attached: 1292123500755.png (520x466, 87K)

Maybe they fix it in the sequel

just use your brain.
>shilling for a game made by three (3) people
noone does this

If you've "explored the entire area" then you shouldn't be getting stuck.

Sorry, I just don't have trash spatial awareness so I didn't have much of a problem finding my way around.

I thought it was an interesting compromise between classic games where you had to rely on your own sense of intuition and newer games, which are more user-friendly but risk the user just relying entirely on the map and never really learning the geography for themselves.

>Blazing Kin
who?

People just want to bitch about shit, don't pay attention to them. Have tons of fun user, the game is pretty cool

Almost beat the game and got walled by the multiple rolling knights I forget what they're called.

The game saves every time you exit. You respawn at the last bench you sat at.

The Radiance, the Heart of the Nightmare and others like them. Probably.

Attached: 1489341644133.jpg (1920x1080, 189K)

Before Hollow Knight I played easy games or played games on easy and just got through them by mashing buttons. I'd just quit early on in any harder game. I played a bit of Dark Souls before and got to first boss in 1 and somehow got past the dragon in 3 without any coop help but just quit afterwards.
Hollow Knight is the first game that I didn't just quit when I felt it was too hard and pushed forward. I got the game nearly on release on PC and am yet to 112% it but I'm working my way there slowly because I've been playing other stuff lately but I haven't given up.
After playing it I started looking into playing more harder games and there's nothing quite like that feeling of triumph when you beat a tough boss or get through a tough area. Recently beat Sekiro and I genuinely believe any boss wouldn't have been as satisfying to beat if it was any easier. HK changed how I play the games and it'll always have a special place in my heart.

Attached: Sekiro-SwordSaint.jpg (1200x800, 103K)

>this is who's telling you what games to play

Nice reading comprehension

when I was a kid I could play games 18 hours a day. Now I don't have the time for that. I mainly play on weekends. I like the game but in my case I really forget things when I stop playing the game for days. Maybe It's a memory thing as I grow old.

watcher knights
stick to the sides, you can climb on the walls

There's nothing to fix you ESL dumbfuck

Congratulations user, you've seen the light. You now understands what it means to be challenged and to fight back.
I hope this will open up a fuckton of new genres and games to you, have fun.

Can someone post the meme tier list? I need something to play

>Early Access
No thanks.

>got stuck for fucking ever on the pure vessel when dlc came out
>something randomly clicked during a fight with him
>have been able to consistently beat him ever since
best boss fight in the game

Attached: 1326359906908.jpg (625x578, 209K)

Pure Vessel and NKG are great, but then Pure Radiance is just bullshit. Just like Grey Prince Zote

being this much of a weak willed faggot

>Just like Grey Prince Zote
that fight was fun though, this character always gets a chuckle out of me

See

>the joy of pc gaming is being able to mod anything you want
>ONLY IF I TELL YOU IT'S OKAY FUCKING CASUALS WANTING EVERYTHING EZY!!!
christ Yea Forums could you be anymore full of fucking crybabies we get it the game is hardcore for epic gamers now fuck off

Absolute Radiance and GPZ are better fights than Nightmare King Grimm. NKG is so fucking boring after you beat him one time.

>user doesn't know the difference between modding and cheating
I bet you got a damage parser for MHW too didn't you?

embarrassing post

i played up until i got to the rainy city and that cutscene where they reveal the real hollow knight then got tired of not knowing what or where the fuck i was supposed to be doing or going.
might watch a speedrun so i can see where the rest of the game went but ive lost all interest in actually playing anymore

Attached: 20190612_093741.png (754x665, 571K)

That’s just my gaming in general.

Finally found you, Spot.

Attached: 20190615_123641.jpg (500x369, 124K)

Even worse for me, I played up to right before the first final boss and stopped playing because of reasons. That was at least half a year ago.
Now I don't have the courage to go back cause I don't want to have to start a new save.

After the Mushroom area, the game opens up in an amazing way. Even late into the game, I would discover a new area to explore. The game just gives you tons of freedom, my only problem with it is the backtracking, not enough Stag Stations around

I'm so fucking hyped for Silksong. God, I hope we get it during semester break.

how do you get lost in hollow knight
just hit walls and go places on the map that havent been fucking filled out yet

I'm proud of you user. Good character growth

Should I go to the Fog Caverns or the Fungal Wastes first? Both look rly cool.

Instead of charging it, spend 30 seconds avoiding her attack and you’ve got it. I play video games for like 30 minutes a day and it just took me a couple of tries.

I think I might be doing this as well. Thinking of just using a guide for this game, I like the exploration but I don't want to miss shit and end up having to backtrack a lot.

just be urself

definitely fungal. You'll hit a wall pretty fast if you go to fog caverns and it's annoying to traverse without an item that you get later

lmfao just play the fucking game

backtracking isn't a problem once you have all of the stag stations open. Also, you don't have to get every single secret. Don't be an autist

Fungal Waste, Fog Cavern has too many inaccessible areas for early game.

how to get a hornet gf?

Seriously, the biggest satisfaction from this game comes from discovering new areas and tackling them in the order you want. By using a guide, you might a well be playing a boss rush as that’s the only part of the game that’ll somewhat challenge you

Attached: 1552997980054.jpg (1024x644, 153K)

Fog Canyon will lead you to Fungal Wastes anyway

FUCK MOTHS

Attached: 3o61vo8zh9w21.png (500x750, 396K)

>just got this game on the eshop 50% off
>having a blast with it, exploring and fighting and dying and gitting gud and not dying
>come to this thread
>all this negativity and mislead criticism
so nu-Yea Forums truly is zoomer central...

This, I've heard a bunch of excuses as to why people stopped playing 5 hours in, but I guarantee you it's because they're just bad and ragequit.

it's been months since i've last played this game. I have yet to beat NKG (the second fight), should I boot up?

How old are you?
I'm 35 and beat the last pantheon from the DLC.
I can say I'm way better at videogames than I was 14, by far. The only thing I feel filtered out are twitch shooters (which I unfortunatelly enjoy) like quake champions.

Based user.
I learnt that when I was a kid. Games that seemed impossible to complete felt more fascinating, because they kept me wondering what was further into the game.
I can rarely enjoy a game if it doesn't kick my ass and requires me to think how the game plays and how to exploit it.

I beat this nigger on Radiant.
Never been so proud.

>Yea Forums hates hollow knight because its too hard
>Yea Forums loves sekiro
???

You got stuck and you think the game is too basic? Sounds like you're just retarded, bud.

Kill yourself. Oh wait you already are

The game is overrated but it's well worth 8 fucking dollars, grow the fuck up.

This thread made me launch HK again and try to beat Radiant Radiance.
Her spawn animation still gives me goosebumps.

>10 hours in
>no longer fun
>exhausting and mentally draining
>get good doesn't remove the constant backtracking/retreading same areas/returning to spots where you previously died
>bosses are way easier to dodge than the constant grunt enemies
>show up out of nowhere either because they teleport or are hidden by the foreground graphics
>knock you backwards into another enemy
>knocks you into another attack
>knocks you into another enemy
>die
>run all the way back to where you died and repeat the process, making no progress

Convince me not to drop this game forever. I was enjoying the first few hours, and now it feels like a minimum wage job that's slowly sucking my soul.

Attached: 1496418140836.jpg (1280x720, 589K)

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

>buying video games
Good goy.

Git gud, you whiny white faggot.

Eat my asshole, filthy mexican fruitcake

Attached: 1560445511127.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

Jump and dash over it when it does the attack that covers the whole area.
Done.

>get good doesn't remove the constant backtracking/retreading same areas/returning to spots where you previously died

Getting good would mean you didn't die in the first place.
Every one of your spells is area control and aoe, use them faggot. One also gives you a metric ton of i-frames. God damn.

Yea Forums filtering the casuals again

Attached: kirbypacha.jpg (557x605, 77K)

>>get good doesn't remove the constant backtracking

>>die
>>run all the way back to where you died and repeat the process, making no progress
There seems to be a contradiction here bruh

>Achievement named 'Test of Resolve'
>The biggest casual filter
FUCKING LMAO

Attached: IMG_20190615_014700.jpg (606x500, 92K)

Come on, post the thin GodseekerXShadelord gif

>bosses are way easier to dodge than the constant grunt enemies
I've never once died to a normal non-boss enemy. I don't understand how anyone could have trouble with them. The game gives you plenty of soul to heal off any mistakes you make.

He was probably expecting a PRESS X TO TAKEDOWN and he keeps getting caught off guard.

I didn't say "backtracking as a result of death", you just arbitrarily connected the two statements because you have nothing to say.

>enemy (sometimes 2) teleports above you in cramped area
>can't get past them
>they knock you around without you able to dodge, attack or run
>rinse, repeat

COPE harder

>jump onto a platform right before an enemy shoots a projectile at it
>either take the damage and fall off, or just fall off
>jump all the way up the platforms
>attack the enemy
>knockback from attack knocks you off platforms back down to the bottom
>go all the way back up
>enemy knocks you down with an unavoidable attacks
>rinse, repeat

>hallway with grunts running at you that you can't see because of the foreground shrubbery
>enemy teleports behind you
>nothing personel kid
>knocks you into the grunt, which knocks you back into the teleporting projectile spamming cunt
>absolutely 0 way I could have attacked, dodged, run away or fucked my way out of the situation
>watch helplessly as a gay black midget rolls his wheelchair into my living room to tell me
>get gud my nigguh

Primal aspids are the niggers of hollow knight because they do this
But you're not getting walled by them, are you
Fucking casualfags, I swear

>enemy knocks you off
>knockback knocks you off
>unavoidable damage
You do realize you can jump and dash to dodge things? Maybe if you didn't get filtered by rando enemies of all things you'd even get a double jump or i-frames on your dash.

You do realize I just explained in those situation there wasn't the possibility of jumping and dashing to dodge?

user, where exactly did this happen? What area and what enemies are doing this to you?

>jump onto a platform right before an enemy shoots a projectile at it
>don't be retarded so just eat the 1 damage and stay on the platform using walljump/dash
>kill the enemy
Even better, if you see a projectile enemy, just fucking wait till it shoots and THEN jump onto a platform.

Also where the fuck are you finding those teleporting enemies that constantly fuck you over in packs?
The only grunt enemies that teleport that I can think of are those soul sanctum fucks and aside from the colloseum there is literally one room in the game that has more than 1 close enough to aggro at the same time.

>enemy teleports
What "teleporting" enemies are you even talking about. Does the game even have any besides soul twisters in one area (any maybe moss chargers that move edge to edge)? Are you that bad at following what's happening on screen?

>hidden by foreground shrubbery
Holy shit, imagine actually being filtered by moss chargers.

there's an item you can use that takes up slots but stops knockback dealt to you

gay and boring 'game' like all other metroidvanias
>durr you just got filtered git gud
have sex

dilate

Don't worry user, you must have EGALE, when actualy you should have SHAW

Attached: meme.png (600x600, 330K)

The first couple of hours are boring as fuck

you just got filtered git gud

All metroidvanias are good under the light of the original progenitor, the Metroid games
Except NES Metroid, that game sucks dick and anyone that says otherwise is either a retard or a nostalgiafag

Attached: 1556587513610.png (562x542, 88K)

that's fair

Kinda, yeah.
I first quit it after an hour or two because it wasn't really jiving with me. Came back a year later and got completely absorbed.

Eat shit kid, Metroid is great. Just get some graph paper and a pencil lmaoing at you shitter.

I've never really gotten why people like Metroid games so much. Their combat is subpar compared to Castlevania, the platforming is floaty, and the exploration isn't rewarding in itself because the environments are so obviously gamey it never feels like you're really exploring anythingy. I'm not even baiting, what's the appeal of Metroid compared to similar games?

Don't forget about whatever kind of higher being the Queen is.

>graph paper
who the fuck uses graph paper anymore you 40 year old boomer? lmao
Way I see it the appeal of Metroid would probably be the exploration itself. Maybe more of the Lore, music, enemy designs and background of things if you've gotten into the Prime trilogy but some people also will say its the fact that you're a lone bounty hunter exploring hostile territory that gives it their appeal, much like Hollow Knight (except you're not really alone, you just got NPCs in far-out areas and also Hornet). Floaty Platforming isn't entirely a bad thing for Metroid either since it works in Fusion with ledge-grabbing and tighter control of Samus herself.
Overall, I do hope that if we do get a new metroid game, they take a look at the other metroidvanias coming out and try to add something new to the formula.

Attached: Samus finds the Knight.jpg (2000x1500, 206K)

Yeah, I meant the 2D titles mostly. Prime I can get, that one seems more like you're in a believable locale. But with Super Metroid, I've never really felt like the exploration grabbed me. Can't argue with the music and overall aesthetics, those are definitely solid, but it was never enough for me to keep my interest in a 2D Metroid game, even though I love Igavanias and a bunch of indie Metroidvanias.

I do...

Attached: IMG_20190223_144955_2.jpg (800x600, 122K)

I did for La-Mulana, it was kind of charming.

>lose interest in a game and drop it
>months pass
>see a thread on Yea Forums about it that makes you want to play it again
>can't really remember what I'm meant to do
>restart game
>get to same part then lose interest again
>repeat ad infinitum

Attached: 1540996104573.jpg (500x490, 48K)

How is a single human being this braindead? It's not that hard, just go wherever the maps not filled in

She's a Pale Root.

Attached: tumblr_p21m6ry9iy1uio1q7o2_1280.png (1280x1280, 516K)

you're based enough to not be made fun of. Keep on keeping on, based graphfag

Attached: metroid knight.png (726x754, 138K)

she's thicc is what she is

This has been my experience with ff7 for years

A pale root who likes taking the chadlet dick

Attached: 2153125465.png (1015x889, 587K)

He1s actually complaining about the dream bosses (Soul tyrant,Failed champion and lost kin).
yes,hes complaining that there are hard versions of the EASIEST bosses in the game. jesus,people are shit at games.

fucks a root

That's basically where the game stops holding your hand and goes, "Look at your map, you're in a metroidvania now. Go places you haven't been, get abilities and items and proceed. Bye!"

Attached: Snagglepuss.jpg (250x249, 15K)

>In vascular plants, the root is the organ of a plant that typically lies below the surface of the soil.
t. wikipedia

Attached: tumblr_ph24sdDYCT1vz98u5o1_1280.png.jpg (1280x1810, 511K)

>spent hours to beat Hornet v1
>Can't go past Hornet v2
>Can't go past Bee Knight
>Cannot beat enraged miner
I suck so much

Sekiro is easier than HK

>enraged miner
literally all you need to do is jump over his beam

yeah i know
in the context of the story
where does it say shes a root

He charges it TOO FAST

No, user, you're just too slow.

>ITT

Attached: 1560435978378.jpg (852x614, 102K)

>primal fucking aspids
Giving me PTSD rn

bee knight only gives you a charm(lowly heal last damage taken 24 sec)
hornet 2.0 is only needed for the true final boss(non dlc)
angry miner round1 is guarding a new movement option, cant remember it its mandatory for the normal ending, but you do need it for the true final boss (non dlc)

based

i like that you didnt even put any games on the
>actual games
part
terrible bait

But I want muh completion
I am a perfectionist but an awful one at that

Hollow Knight MC for smash fucking WHEN

his name is The Knight

we don't need rosterfaggotry infesting hollow knight threads

Attached: black_knight_and_knight_souls_from_software_and_etc.jpg (1800x2400, 324K)

outside of git gud, the best thing you can do for bosses, is look through your charms, to see what ones help the most, and what ones are uselss, for the current boss, ex: the spinning shild is good against projectile bosses, but worthless aginst things without them
also try to get as many charm notches as you can, being able to equip more charms= more power
if you are truly stuck, looking up pale ore locations to beef up your damage also helps

Attached: heart of void.jpg (1920x1080, 45K)

Attached: 20.jpg (474x711, 36K)

oh shit i completely forgot about this
i remember wondering what Root was

>this is hard

Holy fuck guys, come on

youtube.com/watch?v=PZecYa4OCmo

Attached: 1548210680844.gif (330x166, 2.11M)

Hornet 1 is pretty easy, maybe about an averagely difficult boss. Hornet 2 though, she doesn't fuck around.

hornet 2 is easy as fuck as well

>people say they like metroidvania games
>"UUUUUUUUURRGH THIS GAME FUCKING SUCKS I NEVER KNOW WHERE TO GO THIS IS SO ANNOYING"
>"AAAAAAAAAARGH FUCK BACKTRACKING, WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT THIS WAS FUN, ITS SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT"
I feel like there has been a HUGE misunderstanding among the video game players community of what constitutes a metroidvania and people dont actually enjoy the genre they say they do.

Attached: 20190610173817_1.jpg (1920x1080, 196K)

>spend 40 hours on first ending
>get ass kicked almost every single time
>leave the game for three days
>mfw instantly do godhome dlc after storing energy
This game made me get good unironically. Who steel soul 100% here?

Attached: Git_Gud.png (1280x1578, 402K)

Literally cannot wait to see the aftermath of Yea Forums vs. Lace.

A lot of the trash indies on steam were marketed as metroidvanias despite the only real commonality being permanent character powerups.
The actual map design and overall gameplay loop is conveniently ignored in favor of just labeling it a metroidvania for those sweet sweet hipsterbux.

Ori and the blind forest. It's not exactly like hollow knight I guess but it's great.

Attached: 1534543210602.jpg (1920x1080, 525K)

>Silksong is overrated. This game is so boring
lmfao

Eh, i dont blame them since Super Metroid being one of the pillars of the genre kinda baby players until they cant get out of the lower brinstar pit back to criteria, i love the game and you can explore it in crazy ways with the right techniques but it left a bad impression on easily impressionable players. SotN does a much better justice to the genre.

Shoop da whoop

Attached: Hollow-Knight-Crystal-Guardian.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

I just wanted a fucking bench

Attached: radiance.jpg (500x354, 47K)

How do people have problems with Hornet 1?
Like all her attacks give you plenty of room to heal, I'm quite sure I first tried and I'm shit.

Why don't you google metroidvania games, man?
As I'm a spoonfedding faggot, I'll still list a few good ones: Salt and Sanctuary, Timespinner and Momodora: Reverie under the Moonlight. The 2D metroids (SNES and GBA) and the DS Castlevania are pretty great too.

yeah, maybe compared to some of the really hard bosses, but by herself she's still a very challenging fight.

>all that talk about hard game
My first two game ever were Rayman 1 and Panzer Dragoon 1, there was no going back

Ori is good but goddamn it's an easy game if I ever saw one

The map is dead simple and honestly disappointing despite being large enough that its a waste of time to get around in.
The only thing Hollow Knight has going for it is the 2d boss battles and nice difficulty curve. The metroiding is shit. The platforming is shit. The fights are fun.

>Rayman 1
my nigga
Child me was never ready but it made me stronger

>blaming Yea Forums for your bad taste
>crying over 8 bucks
bitch

This applies to almost every video game ever. All you have to do it not go head first against an enemy you have never seen before. On the first encounter she has like 4 different attacks, and 3 of them you can evade by simply jumping, and the other she has to be very close to you and she telegraphs for like a second before using it.

I'm trying to get my 112% trophy steel soul file to all bindings and get the weathered mask. Fuck me the 3rd Pantheon is impossible because of Zote.

>get my shit beaten in by Galien and the Infected Hollow Dream
>git gud and beat them
Feels good to not be complete garbage at video games.

The Grey Mourner Flower quest is bullshit, I'm tired of clearing the enemies and dream gating only to die to thorns, this game was not designed to be played hitless

Attached: 1537841068786.jpg (250x250, 44K)

How do you get hit by the thorns wf, literally just dash, jump + dash and dash again.

WHICH hallway? WHICH "grunts"? All your shit is vague. Almost like you don't want us to be able to isolate your issue and tell you what you're fucking up.

Is it just me, or is Circle of the Moon really fucking boring?

Good for you, user.
Now also learn to quit when you should, and don't break your resolve on the pantheon.
I tightened my ass and beat Nightmare Grimm, but that shit is definitely not for me.

FUck zotelings, they make this shit 3x harder.

you didn't like white palace or path of pain?

Only the latter and it's a very tiny amount of what the game is.

i got 100% steel soul, steel soul and complete the game 100% in less than 20 hours achievements in one run

fair
why not white palace

quit complaining, if you're not up for the challenge don't bother, no one ordered you to come and complain about your incompetence

Attached: 1560294235139.jpg (750x1060, 158K)

Attached: u.jpg (797x1215, 940K)

agreed.

>not abandoning Scrote immediately

Attached: Hollow Knight_20181224142930.jpg (1920x1080, 151K)

Yeah, when I first played on PC that's where I got to as well. Didn't know that wall jump was even a thing at that point, so when I died to the Mawlek I had absolutely no desire to return and just stopped playing. I beat it when it came out on Switch though.

oh I'm up to the challenge, nigger, but that doesn't mean I can't point out that this quest isn't creative or fun

Attached: 1559582217698.jpg (401x399, 21K)

I literally had fun with it and you can't stop me.
Only took two tries as well, maybe you should have figured out a better route.

>He paid for a videogame

Attached: 1558235920372.png (295x282, 123K)

>Yup that game's trash, literally 'reddit, the game'.
This is literally 'reddit, the post'
you have to go back

I'm in OP's same boat, but I haven't restarted. I stopped around when the dreamers showed up so I have some idea of what to do where to go. I just really don't want to beat the game because it's so good.

I've paid full price for every video game I've ever bought.

I left the game like 3 times for months on end (research is a demanding career) and had a blast like every time I had to relearn stuff I thought I had down. What's the issue again? Wait, is that another instance of manchildren, "I'm either underage or have so little in my life going on that this is an issue" problems? After all this time, you're telling me that you're both a casual and a manbaby?

What's your route? I've been going through Forgotten Crossroads and Fog Canyon

>Boring ass wannabe dark souls with no actual content just stupid hot topic art
I'll pass

ur not even trying with this one

It only has 3 things in common with DS:
Exploration of a long dead kingdom
Zombified enemies
A marker you drop on death that holds all your currency

But that's Ori

That part drove me fucking insane, especially the part where you have to ride one of them upwards. Over half an hour of frustration before I learnt that you can dream nail those fucks for some free soul.

I didn't know he would be such a pain in the ass, not only being a pain in the ass in the pantheon, but he cucks you of Bretta, and then indirectly kills her.
Fuck this guy.

lol try fangirling harder not even free dlc can make that piece of shit fun,
ZOMG ITS LIKE NIGHTMARE BEFORE GOTHSKELLIMAS XD

I missed when kiddies on Yea Forums actually tried to make their bait good. It's all low effort now, and it's gone down the shitter. Kill yourself, not because you're shitposting, but because you didn't even try.

Have sex

>wanting someone to kill themselves cause they make fun of your "hardcore" children's game
i'm laffin little dude you take the term manchild to new heights

Yikes

Yea Forums is full of npcs with so many npc responses, I actually think youtube has the best comments now, pass along more memes someone else made for you like a good little cuck

>this is coming from a person who uses a switch
no self awareness at all

Attached: peak male performance.jpg (1024x672, 237K)

where did you get that from
im on pc

I seriously doubt someone like him even bothered going through Soul Sanctum, let alone manage to defeat Soul Master. Probably died against that first teleporting enemy you fight at the entrance and decided to leave it.

Good job user. My third run was the steel soul 100%+ and I managed to do it just shy of 8 hours. Took it pretty chill desu over two days, but I knew most of the things I had to do. It's crazy how 112%+ speedruns are less than half my time.

Attached: 1544998083026.png (700x712, 99K)

>he can't read
lol

Your mother should have filtered you out of her womb.

god I live this game's fanart

Attached: 25658965896.jpg (473x336, 14K)

and I can't even get past Trial of the Fool, geez

you just got filtered git gud lmao

Don't feel bad, I have 65 hours and I still can't beat that shit. The section where you have to fight while walljumping is nigh impossible. I'm now crutching on dreamshield and Nailmaster's glory for that part, I haven't even seen the boss yet

Attached: what were they thinking.jpg (720x480, 80K)

>dreamshield
user, please stop this.
Nailmaster is good if you don't know the timings. Just put Shaman, something for healing (since you need it), and whatever nail you fancy. I believe in you user, I was just as bad as you the very first run I played.

Attached: 14.png (500x459, 105K)

You gotta master the art of the pogo. This is important because every time you pogo an enemy, it's time spent not jumping on the wall to keep your height. You are extremely vulnerable during that state and you want to do it as little as possible.

Hiveblood and hug either corner and you win

There's a lot of cute

Attached: fort.png (831x618, 296K)

Indeed

Attached: 16.jpg (511x757, 62K)

you do realize that hollow knight is easier than ori, right?

Attached: RADIANCE_CHALLENGED.png (877x1200, 585K)

congratulations, you've made the stupidest post of 2019 (so far)

Both of these fuckers are good

Attached: 22.png (810x610, 128K)

>tfw Greenpath theme

one of my favorite tunes from a game in a while. supreme comfy

Attached: 1553827601932.jpg (400x400, 35K)

wrong pic btw

You get your double jump and air dash back every time you pogo. You're not that vulnerable.

Attached: playing favorites.jpg (474x670, 33K)

>Greenpath
My nigga. Favorite track in the game despite almost every track being great.