Indie Games

Wew lads. Everything on this board is dominated by smutty Asian drawings and the god awful releases from the triple a industry.
Comfy little indie title thread?
Anything you're having fun with?
I just picked up the first Risk of Rain and am having a blast.
Been having fun on Crawl and Hotline Miami too.
I probably just have a bonk on for the modern take on pixel art but I think all three of these look great.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 42K)

I'm finishing up all the CrossCode sidequests and trying to get gold medals in the arena.
Yesterday I finished Katana Zero, that was fun. Now to wait for the Government Lab section.
I kinda left Wizard of Legend collecting dust but I'm gonna get back into it soon, still haven't played the new area or the boss rush.

Attached: CrossCode.png (616x353, 106K)

I've been hooked on Caves of Qud for the past three months straight. Last night I made a resolve to put the game down for a while, after losing another 20+ hour run. This morning, I started a new character while eating breakfast. I can't get away
I've also been wanting to get back into King Arthur's Gold. I heard it went f2p a few months ago, and I wonder if it still has a decen playerbase.

i've played so much of this with friends, it's an absolute fuckin' blast. banger of a soundtrack too.

I checked back into Deep Rock Galactic after not playing for ages and saw they added a ton of shit. Engineer is still fun too, been having a blast. Too bad no other class has the grenade launcher to pad my stats and let me pretend I'm good.

Touhou Luna Nights just got updated with new content, so that's nice, biggest criticism of the game was lack of content so let's see what was added
probably why I like replayable indies, the length really does something for me without having to deal with AAA bullshit

I've been playing Nova Drift lately which is basically roguelite Asteroids. It's a really fun lunch break game because runs go by really quickly. I dunno if I'd recommend grabbing it now because early access, but the devs seem to be transparent and open to community ideas and shit so it might be one of the rare "early access done right" situations.

Also this thread just reminded me that I got Crawl for my friends but nobody wants to play it with me.

I'm just waiting for Hylics 2. In the meantime I'm gonna give Yume Nikki a shot

Crawl is really fun with friends. I just finished Katana Zero (very good but a little too short), and I'm currently playing Chasm.
It's a fun, orthodox Metroidvania, but it's a bit generic so far.

Attached: chasm.jpg (1920x1080, 412K)

Do you guys think Katana Zero is worth its current price given its length? I heard it was short and I've been hesitant to pick it up since because I'm a huge jew.

Also, are there any Synthetik chads in here? I picked this game up at Yea Forums's recommendation over Christmas and I've been playing it on and off since.

Attached: ss_0c0684896e357f636729bd33f27e9194a8ccc1f4.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 468K)

Well, consider it like this:
If you want to go for 100% completion including achievements and best speedrun medal, you're probably gonna get around 10-20 hours out of it unless you're somehow godlike at it from the start. There's a hard mode so you'll probably play it at least twice, there's secret keycards and a secret boss so if you try to figure those out on your own it will take you some time probably.
The game is divided into 12 stages essentially, some can be completed in about 2 or 3 minutes if you're really optimized and don't fuck up anything, but that will depend on your skill and how much of a fast learner you are. Also you may want to see all the different dialogue branches so that will mean some replaying.

I personally am totally fine with what I got, but I'm pretty lenient when it comes to game length. If you're in doubt maybe wait for a sale I guess.

I really wish crawl was online, I have tons of people to play co-op with online, but not many offline.

I had like 10 hours on CrossCode and then got stuck on a frustrating puzzle in the major dungeon race thing and quit. I even watched the tutorial on how to complete it but still couldn't get past it.

If it was a timed puzzle, they added an "Assist Mode" that increases the time window for puzzle stuff.

Shit I didn't know there were dialogue branches and a bunch of secrets, I might grab it then. All I really want is pretty much $1 per hour at minimum so it sounds like I'm good to go on that front. Thanks bud

played Grim Dawn recently, a fun little ARPG with a fantasy-eldritch setting, a little on the easy side but that's probably because I didn't play on veteran mode, combat was also a bit spammy, still worth a play though

Attached: ss_3073cec3b4b506a9e5cf31d45f7849300ef5fd73.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 1.31M)

Some of them are related to achievements, the secret boss, and some gameplay changes, but a great majority of them are just flavor. Just a heads up. But it's still fun to see how far everything goes.

a port of a mobile game and a bit short but it's a pretty fucking good platformer, reminds me of meat boy and old newgrounds stuff with a really good aesthetic and level design

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 44K)

just fucking kill me, i started the jungle dungeons and try to collect all previous chests from previous areas, it's such a fucking chore

Attached: crosscode.png (351x83, 6K)

I've been meaning to play some routes in so many VN's and get more hours in a few games like Nova Drift, Vagante and even Book of Demons. But every time I've sat down this month to get some gaming in, I just end up playing Rimworld for the entire night. I've put in about 70 hours this month alone. This backlog will never get touched at this rate.

any good indies zelda-likes games?

not really indie but Darksiders 1 and Okami are good zelda clones with a twist

Blossom Tales