Is there a reason to buy a PS4 now? Or should I wait until the PS5?

Is there a reason to buy a PS4 now? Or should I wait until the PS5?

Attached: PS4-Pro-SOURCE-Sony.jpg (1280x960, 67K)

Yea but don't bother with the pro

Ask your wife's son you loser

The only information about next gen we know for certain is that the Xbox Scarlett is coming Holiday season 2020. The PS5's release date is pure conjecture, but if it lines up with Xbox, that's over a year until it comes out. And then consoles generally have weak libraries until about a year or two after release. The PS5 might be backwards compatible, but do you really want to avoid playing certain vidya for well over a year?

Buy a PS4.

Pro won't be out for another year and half at the soonest. Plenty of exclusives out now from now till then. And you probably don't want a 1st gen PS5 anyway (unless you want to risk being a beta tester). Get a PS4 Pro if you can find one cheap (I got one for $240).

Stick with PC and if you have to have a playstation, I'd say wait until PS5

Wait until PS5. PS5 will have backwards compatibility for PS4 titles and will also support next gen PS5 games next year. Next year starts a new gen 2020-2029.

I would say it's better to get PS5 than a Switch.

Attached: 68edcbe.jpg (534x712, 77K)

i own a gaming laptop. i am aware this is very far from a PC. However I want a console because I am honestly just tired of playing around with settings and adjusting things in the control panel and changing options until I get the right FPS and look. when i look at my friend playing on console it seems like his game's still look really good and he doesn't have to deal with any of the bullshit.

"Upgrade your PC" would be honest thoughtful answer. Nothing except for Bloodborne really worth in PS4 titles that is not available on PC platform. Even Yakuza games started to get ports. And neither PS5 will have anything of value on launch.
But then again i have ps4 and live fine with it, just looking at my library i certainly can say i would have survived well without it, for couch gaming its fine, it surely sucks your money away though, because you're never satisfied with what you're currently playing.

Who knows how expensive ps5 will be (might be $699) and if you will be even alive in a year.

Attached: consider.jpg (600x600, 32K)

>Bloodbone

Where's Death Stranding
God of War
Persona 5
Shadow of the Colossus
FFVII Remake

There's more great exclusives.

Having to be really desperate showing off your bad taste like that and mentioning obvious multiplats too.

>wanting censored games

>P-PS4 HAS NO GAMES WORTH PLAYING
>J-JUST PLAY SOME SHITTY EARLY ACCESS STEAM GAMES INSTEAD

Attached: 1449449712465.png (978x972, 397K)

>Is there a reason to buy a PS4 now?

Depends on the type of games you like. E.g. if you're mostly in it for fan-servicy JP games; you're better off with a Switch than with a PS4, considering Sony's SJW 'censorship officers' have it in for those type of games.

In that case Switch now and (maybe) PS5 later may be the better choice.

If you have other reasons to want a PS4 now and to stick with the PS ecosystem and move to a PS5 later, then it may be important to know that the PS5 is planned to be backwards-compatible with PS4 content. Meaning that paying the premium for a Pro during the tide-over period probably isn't worth it.

>"gaming" laptop
>being too dumb to figure out how to use a computer
yikes, stick with consoles

>yeah, but tdon't bother with one that runs faster
lel

>pretending to care about ecchi RPG Maker shovelware
Have sex, incel

>games you can emulate, bloodborne, and movies

Depends on what you want to play.

you are just retarded

The PS5 will probably play PS4 games with improvements. Wait and see if that's true and then decide.

buy a used pro, they are pretty damn cheap

There was never a reason to buy the PS4

You could buy a used PS4 or a refurb and trade it in when the PS5 becomes available.

If gamestop is still alive they'll probably have a trade in program for PS5 orders

Why do you hate video games?

Cope

Virgin fingers typed this post

I feel the same about Switch. Anyone could get more value out a Fisher Price tablet.

>B-BUT NINTENDO!
every single time

*why do you hate bloodborne*

Buy a PS4 and then buy a PS4 Pro and then a PS5. Dont forget to pay $60 a year so you can use your internet as well. If youre too dumb to be a console pleb you might as well waste all of your money on it right?

Are you pretending that most pc gamers don’t spend time playing around with settings

Buy slim version while it is on sale and grab some good games too, you dont need pro if you don't have 4K tv.
Bought slim last yet and only played like 10 games on it:
Bloodborne
Rdr2
Persona 5
Gow
Last of us
Uncharted 4
Horizon
Shadow of colossus
Infamous
Until Dawn
Planning to buy: Death Stranding
And thats pretty much it, it is still worth it for these games and I also use it as a media and blu ray player daily, very comfy thing.

If you get a ps4 now you have a shit ton of games to keep you busy until ps5. Better to get one now than a ps5 with no games for 2 or 3 years. I got mine last November and still playing hella games

What are playing user