Now that Banjo is in the game, can we talk about how bad the Smash 4 newcomers in general were?

Now that Banjo is in the game, can we talk about how bad the Smash 4 newcomers in general were?
Ultimate added the 3 most wanted newcomers EVER, while Smash 4 added Megaman, who was admittedly a very good choice, and a few jobbers who don't even land in the top 20 most wanted.
Literally who wanted Shulk? Or Robin? Or Wii Fit Trainer? Smash 4 was a dark time for fans.
At least their movesets are better than most.

Attached: smash 4.png (1024x570, 900K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5IiBJV-Yeyk
youtu.be/CK5gdf5cMPM
youtube.com/watch?v=4jjQ0Ttn05E
youtube.com/watch?v=PLJuT8zPmvA
youtu.be/uAw2UnqHJt0?t=352
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

megaman, robin, villager, pac-man, palutena, mac, shulk, ryu, and cloud were all good

>fans
You mean it was a dark time for rosterfags. It was a great time for fans.

Tfw Smash 4 was the best game

If it weren't for Banjo I'd stick with the Wii u

Your standards are set really low. An acceptable newcomer should never be considered a good newcomer. And most of those characters are only ok and don't land anywhere near the top 50 most wanted newcomers.

Mega Man had the best reveal out of anyone. Prove me wrong.

Attached: 1523359067165.jpg (191x263, 9K)

Your opinion is bad

>Or Wii Fit Trainer?

Sakurai chose Wii Fit Trainer BECAUSE nobody requested it, you know how Sakurai likes to throw curveballs.

so what did you want for newcomers that are "good"? Another 18 fire emblem characters that are indistinguishable from one another?

>Literally who wanted Shulk?
Were you even here for that game's prerelease period? He was one of the most heavily requested characters.

Smash 4 was fine. Not as good as brawls or ultimates lineup but fine.

Villager made sense and was inevitable. MegaMan was awesome. Little Mac was a great addition even if he sucks dick for money. Greninja may be a shill pick but at least is fun. PAC Man is a ton of fun. Robin is the best FE pick. Shulk is a really cool character. I actually liked Jr a lot. Duck hunt is fun. Ryu is awesome and Cloud is awesome. Is it ultimate? No. Ultimate has like one bad newcomer and it’s Isabelle. Is it Brawl? No, brawl overall had the best roster additions. It’s still ok.

Villager, Little Mac, rosalina and Wii Fit trainer as an oddball pic were great adds.

There were zero opinions in my post.
>most of those characters are only ok and don't land anywhere near the top 50 most wanted newcomers
This is a fact.
No, user. That's what (You) want. You're the one defending Smash 4, the game that added the most FE characters in the series.

Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac and Duck Hunt were all based

>Mega Man
>Pac-Man
>Ryu
>Cloud
>Only acceptable
What?

Attached: 75750B33-94D8-4918-A24D-2A123640C89F.png (786x438, 346K)

Rosalina, Pac-Man, and DuckHunt were good

Pac-Man was the shit yo fuck the others

>Prove me wrong.
can't

oh yeah and Pac-Man was based as well of course lol

>hating on Bowser Jr. and all seven fucking Koopalings
faggots, the lot of you

>isabelle
>bad
shut the FUCK up

Attached: minty fresh.png (1250x1250, 1.34M)

Pacman, Megaman, Duck-Hunt, and Little Mac are all dope as fuck nigga what you smoking?

Attached: l&k.jpg (1179x642, 75K)

nicely dodged question

>Is it Brawl? No, brawl overall had the best roster additions.

>The way people lost their minds when Snake got announced
>The night the Internet broke when Sonic got revealed

Brawl may have been the worst Smash, but the reveals were something else. Japan Time was a fun time.

Nah Smash 4 had a lot of good newcomers, even if some of them were characters people didn't ask for.
Duck hunt, villager, wii fit, robin, ryu, megaman are all grat.

I skipped 4, Ultimate is kino-tier since I got a fuck ton of new characters with it.

>tfw not competitivefag
>tfw I look at Smash as a party game and not a fighting game

Attached: shortyandbrendafromthehitmotionpicturescarymovie.jpg (864x480, 35K)

Yeah, that's my point. It's only fine. Some are really good, but most are fairly mediocre.

only autists look at smash as a fighting game. If it is to be called a fighting game it's an infant-tier one that anyone can pick up and play.
Mind you I'm not shitting on smash because I hate fighting games, I don't want to have to play a game for a 100 hours learning button combos so I can compete on the most basic level and actually start having fun

It added Megaman and Pacman, I literally don't give a shit what you say that alone makes Smash 4's existence worth a damn.

No. I think the newcomers in Smash Ultimate SUCK because I'm not a boomer. The only one I liked was Isabelle.

>It's a "I got the one character I really give a shit about so I will pretend like Smash 4 had a shit newcomers line up" episode
Megeman, Pac-Man, Cloud and Ryu all blow Ultimate's newcomer line up out of the water if you give a shit about anything not Smash.

SIX YEARS

SIX

SIX YEARS LATER AND STILL SEETHING. GET FIT.

Attached: WiiFitTrainer_SmashBros_15-noscale.jpg (1100x1000, 165K)

these were all godly additions except Rosalina, Lucina, Robin, and Shulk

>Rosalina
No

why so many of you shit on rosalina? she was a good addition too

Smash 4 had Cloud though.

Smash 4 is better than ultimate

I guess because there was already one mario princess?

They're pretty bad, particularly the ones that dickride Gatornigger

Nostaliga faggots should KYS asap. No one gives two shits or knows about some faggot gator from 1935 when your parents weren't divorced.

Literally should have never got in smash. Bayonetta got in because she was relevant and a recent game release, not some literal who green shit.

>inb4 muh rob muh pacman muh duck hunt
Icon characters of different eras or mascot characters. No one gives two shits about literal who the gator

Attached: disgusting green putrid fuck.png (1500x1500, 2.24M)

people can shit on her all they want, her addition was on inevitable since how often shes been in games since Galaxy.

Lucina is the only bad one there since she's a lame clone. Robin and Shulk require 1000 IQ minds to use properly which is why most of Yea Forums can't handle them and Rosalina is fun as fuck once she stopped being UNGA in Ultimate.

Based

I remember Little Mac, Villager and Shulk being requested a lot...Shulk a bit less than the other two, but still decently supported.

It also added a couple "why the fuck weren't they in already" choices like Bowser Jr, Miis, and in my opinion Duck Hunt.

also, fucking dissing Pac-man like that.

Fuck you xenoblade is one of Nintendo's top ips now.

Stop pretending like Smash isn't a massive nostalgia circlejerk.
It's a fanfic-tier WHAT IF MY FAVORITEST NINTENDO CHARACTERS WOULD FIGHT

And I'm saying that people who have that random fat gatorfuck as their favorites need to have their brains checked

>waah I don't know them so I don't like them
Fuck off, when I was a kid I didn't know over half the roster, the game helped me discover them. I probably would have never touched an F-Zero game or Earthbound if it wasn't for Smash.

Almost all of them were solid picks if not hype (other than Mega Man and Pacman of course).

Wii Fit and Duck Hunt were both good gag characters.

S E E T H I N G
E
E
T
H
I
N
G

Attached: donkey-kong-face-png-3.png (1018x1002, 1.04M)

Literally no one knows or cares about the series except ironic weebs who enjoy bad character designs and gameplay.

You just posted a character that's actually relevant.

Gatornigger is NOT relevant.

>Pacman
>Megaman
>Ryu
>Cloud
>Bayonetta
>Brought back Roy and Mewtwo
>Got plenty of choice waifus
>Unexpected characters which are just as hype (duckhunt, villager)
Sounds to me like you're just a faggot, OP.

>some newer characters
>some older characters
>lots of interesting lesser known ones
>all pleasant surprises
vs
>all shit screeching autists memed into the game and genuine shill picks
>or added for the sake of being as contrarian as possible
>HE'S IN BECAUSE I VOTED FOR HIM
>it went from waiting for surprises to a game of just waiting for confirmations for characters spergs shitfling about 24/7
>everything within the realms of expectation because people voted for them and "speculate" about them constantly
>it's just a checklist for ballot choices
>characters made for normalfags and dancing chimps like Etika to pretend they always liked and knew about because other people actually do
The ballot killed Japan Time

Rosalina was broken in 4 but she was nowhere near as unga as Diddy, Cloud, or Bayo.

Imagine being this much of a zoomer.
>he didn't know who ness and falcon were before smash
>he wants dumb zoom zoom picks instead of well known, proper picks

Smash 4 was such a disappointment on all fronts. It reuses so many assets grom Brawl. It got rid of all the good newcomers from Brawl and added a bunch of random oddball characters.

Oh so you're just whining about opinions, then. For some people K. Rool might've been a bigger part of their game experiences than Bowser. Just because you didn't play these games as a kid doesn't mean there weren't a bunch of people who did

Not a lot of people outside of the STARMEN.NET cultists knew about Ness before Smash 64 becuase EarthBound was a flop in the US.

> Still whining about Snake
Konami was shit around the time Smash 4 was in development and they already fucked over Hudson Soft, why would they care about Smash around that time?

Fuckonami happened for a reason user

Dumb fucking poser

How does it feel to go from thread to thread complaining about a character that everyone likes to an empty audience?

Attached: 1543428393619.png (1500x1820, 2.35M)

Villager was based, especially since they used the Wild World defaults in spite of NL's release a few months earlier. Horns would've been extremely based but we can't have it all.

Attached: 28A96E68-78AA-400E-8E98-88BD1089207C.png (700x900, 387K)

Smash Four was anti-hype when you saw who was being revealed and who was being turned into assists. At the time, people were expecting a few assists to come to the roster, only to expand on them and limit the newcomer options as a result. Little Mac being the sole upgrade was awful. And never mind the shitstorm that occurred when the ESRB leak happened. Overall, Smash Four was the lowest point of the series and not once was I happy save for Pac-Man's reveal and they reveal him behind closed doors and not when everyone was hyped up at the Invitational. I'm glad Furukawa and Tatsumi slapped Sakurai around for Ultimate, reminder that Banjo-Kazooie was on Nintendo's list and Sakurai simply picked them rather than suggesting them.

Attached: r0LbZXY.png (426x502, 334K)

My only beef with the Smash 4 additions is that it opened the floodgates to Fire Emblem faggatronics. Robin was the sole good one. Corrin being the last DLC character and the sole actual Nintendo addition made me 10/10 mad.

Regarding the characters I didn't necessarily want, like Shulk, Rosalina or Bowser Jr, they all are pretty fun to play. And I've wanted Duck Hunt playable since Melee.

Attached: ShiggyDiggy.png (407x416, 5K)

Not just Snake but Wolf and Lucas too. Sakurai also didn't make another SSE because "muh cutscenes". Fuck him.

KIll yourself

To this day, we still have no idea why Sakurai decided to cut Isaac as an assist trophy, only to bring him back 4 years later

What is his deal? Does he just not care for Golden Sun or what?

Attached: 1550884372024.png (894x894, 533K)

The same reason Porky is back. Nobody gives a fuck about Golden Sun.

Sakurai genuinely believes that people are happy to see their loved characters represented in any way, in this case as an assist trophy brought back.

You're just overthinking the shit out of it.

My take is that the 3DS couldn't handle Move and was already pushing the limits of the hardware enough simply as it was. Somehow, if the 3DS version didn't exist, Isaac would have returned as an assist in Four, but possibly upgraded in Ultimate.

Snake, both times

I feel like Corrin was rushed into Smash 4 because that was the only time he'd be remotely justifyable. As in I think he might have ended up a Smash Ultimate choice but would have long fallen out of relevance by that point. And for some reason they really wanted to add him regardless.

I'd be happy if they were actual assists and not just glorified items. I wanna just pick a character, pick an assist character to use, and then pick a stage. Then summon that assist everytime I press the Y button or something. Adds more to the game and doesn't relegate good characters to being a random item.

Dude, Smash 4's newcomers were the best of any Smash game, closely followed by Ultimate. We got Animal Crossing, Duck Hunt, Bowser Junior, Little Mac, Pac Man, Ryu AND Mega Man!

We also got 3 Fire Emblem newcomers, 2 Kid Icarus characters, Shulk, Greninja, Rosalina, and Bowser Jr.

This, at least I can have Bomberman with Wario and Pac-Man and give the illusion that he's fighting alongside them. I love how Sakurai didn't keep the trophies people were looking forward to but kept the ones people hated.

Dont forget Bowser Jr user

Smash 4 1st party newcomers focused only on relevancy which is why they had by far the worst set of newcomers ever. It's fine to have some new characters in but when its almost all you do it's pretty lame.

user...

Christ I feel fucking sorry for you mate
The sheer lack of cognitive thought that is required to forge that opinion is insane

I don’t agree with you, but I respect you, having such a unique opinion. Why do you enjoy it more?

Fuck off isabelle cuck

Why do people hate Robin? I never played fe but I like him the most out of them

I get what you mean, Smash 4 felt like they were finishing a checklist of required characters that we all knew would be in at some point. The only reveal that reached Ultimate tier was Cloud.
Although, Smash 4 gave me two of my most wanted (Pac-Man and Bayonetta) so I was still satisfied. Neither of them had badass CGI trailers though so I didn't lose my fucking mind like I did with Banjo.

I don't hate robin as a character, and I'll be the first to admit I'm not great at smash but my god I hate playing against Robin.

Every single move rubs me the wrong way and I cant fucking fight them, its just stupid strong spells that always hit (I play heavies) and when I do get close they pull the FE sword sweeping and just bash me away

I wanted Robin
Shame that he sucks

Why isn’t he in

Attached: 9F9703CA-0555-4997-9DF4-083490AC631C.png (209x480, 35K)

Too obscure and legal issues

Everything worked out perfectly imo. Smash 4 got all the odd picks and necessities out of the way, then the Wii U failed hard, we got the Switch and got a new Smash sooner than usual with all the characters we actually wanted.

Attached: 1560379742479.jpg (591x565, 54K)

There’s potential in the character but people just use them wrong. Not a long-ranged zoner like everyone says.

>The main protagonist of Minecraft is obscure

Hot take: Smash 4's newcomers were mostly pretty good. Especially when you factor in DLC.

Only Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt were bad. And Corrin. Fuck Corrin.

But we're not talking about Alex.

Steve and Alex are both the main characters

she hulk is when I really stopped giving a shit about the smash roster

This. I never got why people were mad or why they were even surprised. Literally one of the most braindead obvious picks.

Snake>Belmonts>KRool/Banjo>Megaman>Ridley>Joker>Robin>Mii>Villager>DQHero>LittleMac>BowserJr>Ken/Incineroar>WFT>Pacman>Greninja>Shulk>DuckHunt>Rosalina>Palutena>>>>>>>>>>Sonic

t. zoomer retards

>nintendo picks a first party mario character for smash
>its the most obvious pick in the world
>point it out to retard
>"Z-ZOOMER!!"

nice one galaxy brain

You only posted one oddball

>Rockman
>Little Mac
>Pac Man
>Cloud
>Ryu
>Bayonetta
>All of them are bad
Only a 19 year old bandwagoner would write something so stupid.

palutena was good though. much more rule 34 of her now

Attached: 2896dde06ff0d3f0e351938e2b0e5216.jpg (1600x1200, 186K)

Fuck off fake fan, you didn't even care about her and Kid Icarus before Uprising.

ZOOM ZOOM

Been playing Mario since at least SM64 my dude.

None of the recent promotional features Steve. Alex is now the default skin. Mojang tries to ignore Steve as much as possible because he represents Notch era Minecraft.

megaman in my opinion was one of the biggest squandered opportunities. He could have had one of the most interesting kits but they settled on some of the most boring shit to interact with his gameplay. He needs a complete rework, maybe next game they'll shelve him for zero and make an actually interesting character.

Seethey Stevey lmao

Attached: chad_banjo.png (475x477, 496K)

Mega Man, Pac Man, and Cloud were all very significant. I didn't buy Cloud or Bayo but I acknowledge the importance.

Little Mac's was hype.

Overall though, Ultimate is basically the massive fan-based event that tr4sh never was. Felt like reveals were that game were just a constant lineup of disappointment, whereas outside of maybe Joker and Incineroar, every Ult reveal has sent people into a fanboy shitstorm.

>Ridley
>Simon Belmont
>King K Rool
>Banjo
>Dragon Quest lads
>E V E R Y O N E

All this fanservice and the love and care they put into each character is close to making my cold jaded oldgamer heart love vidya again.

He still appears on official art faggot

Attached: 23E69E3F-F2D8-402F-9708-96DEC7ADA785.jpg (750x736, 508K)

Why the fuck is Geno and Isaac not in then? And why did Bomberman get cucked?

I never cared and never will care about the Kid Icarus series.
Are you really that much of a faggot to gatekeep fapping to Palutena?

Hey Banjokes, how about we reply to every “Nostalgia Faggots KYS” thread with “HELLO Yea Forums!”

Fake fans like you deserve to be gassed, fuck off zoomer

yeah

Attached: 1558533788888.png (834x468, 398K)

>pac-man
>cloud
>mega man
>duck hunt dog
>little mac
>ryu
>HURR DURR, SMASH 4 WAS A DARK TIME FOR FANS

Attached: 1554584788948.png (209x169, 70K)

>Geno

Isaac and Bomberman are in as assist trophies and I am happy that they’re being represented in some form that is not spirits. I’d rather them be Assists than nothing at all.

>all this crying
>over a children’s party game
pathetic really

imagine being this much of a disgusting zoomer with shit taste

Enjoy them never being playable then

smash 4 was fine for people who actually played the game - at least until cloud and bayo were made pay-to-win. it wasn't perfect, but it was fine.
smash 4 was only bad for closed-minded rosterfags who don't even play smash and just demand the characters they're told to want like a bunch of npcs.

The only addition to smash I was genuinely disappointed with was Chrom. Not because he's from FE or because he uses a sword, but Awakening already has two reps. And his hot, autistic daughter is a better rep than him anyways

These were the characters you needed, not the ones you wanted. Animal Crossing needed to be in. Fire Emblem (at the time) deserved its next rep. One of the two new Mario reps was superfluous, but another was definitely warranted. Mac being in secures him into a relevant position, ensuring a new game for him will happen sooner rather than later. Shulk did similar things for Xenoblade, making Xenoblade 2 perform above expectations. These ones were the correct choices.

You’re standards are too high and you’re too retarded

Its disappointing how none of you retards even mentioned how fucking dumb Nintendo is for adding 3 links. We have had 3 reps in general for the zelda series since MELEE. Skull kid should have replaced literally every single fucking newcomer you guys have said.

Tingle or bust

>skull kid fag

Attached: 3310C4C8-2F83-4AD5-AD09-DDB2293FFEE1.jpg (324x304, 54K)

>Monster of the Week over any of about a half-dozen regularly recurring Zelda characters

>not wanting beedle in smash
baka

The fact that FE has more reps is fucking absurd. Off the top of my head they could have added:
Skull Kid, Tingle, Impa, Midna, Pig Ganon, or any BotW rep. Maybe Linkle or Tetra as well.

>not even the main villain of his own game
>only move of worth is screaming really loudly
>is ultimately a cucked puppet
>weak against bubbles of snot
You should be glad his Assist Trophy does more than throw autistic tantrums

@466551147
At least you tried

seething

they kind of cornered themselves into a corner. they made ganandorf because they thought a captain falcon clone would work so it's better having that than nothing. but then there was a split between people wanting ganondorf to have a unique moveset and the ones who loved ganon as he was ("le disrespect man"), so they kept him that way. then with zelda they made her have a transformation, which was cool but then they decided to make sheik a separate character so we ended up with two versions of zelda. with the links they changed young link for toon link to make him more unique and as he was the newer face but they probably saw in the ballot that people still cared for young link enough so they brought him back. now we're in this weird place where one of the biggest nintendo franchises is stuck with three links, two versions of zelda, and ganondorf that is a semi clone of falcon instead of having characters like wolf link, skull kid, ganon, or vaati.

how upset people were when chrom wasn't in?

Master Chief when?

youtube.com/watch?v=5IiBJV-Yeyk

Attached: master chief smash 2.jpg (1280x720, 257K)

Wait? Was that all of the Smash 4 newcomers? Man, I just realized I didn’t get any of what I wanted for that game.

What was the DLC again?
>Mewtwo
>Lucas
>Roy
I didn’t care about these either, and I wanted Lyn over Roy.
>Ryu
>Cloud
I didn’t really want either, but both were based.
>Bayonetta
Ehh
>Corrin
Biggest disappointment ever.

Let’s see for Brawl...
I got Sonic, Toon Link, Diddy Kong, Ike, and Wolf. Not bad.

Ultimate really delivered though, I got Simon, Ken, the return of Snake, Inkling, DQ hero, and motherfucking Banjo-Kazooie. My biggest ever Never Ever.

Then tell us who the 14 newcomers should've been user

I did.

Cope faggot

Attached: 8F14CFBF-1427-4AE1-89A0-E33047AD15DC.jpg (329x406, 23K)

>as AN oddball pick

They only called Wii Fit Trainer an oddball.

I did, because I played Xenoblade, the game people rabidly requested to come to America.

Brawl: Replace Sheik with Zant
Four: Replace Zant with Ghirahim
Ultimate: Bring them all back and add Hilda as Zelda's echo.

>>All of them are bad
Imagine not having reading comprehension

>the good
Villager
Mega Man
Wii Fit Trainer
Little Mac
Pac-Man
Shulk
Duck Hunt

>the bad
Rosalina & Luma (Koizumi's Lightning)
Greninja (Gamefreak's Lightning of the time)
Palutena (Sakurai's waifu)
Miis
Lucina (Marth with long hair)
Robin (boring non-charavter from a series with actual characters)
Bowser Jr (Miyamoto's Lightning, though Koopaling alts are alright)

>No Linkle
>No Toon Zelda/Tetra
>No Medli
Fucking Sakurai

Isabelle is lame. I don't mind that they added her but Tom Nook is better, they should add him next.

>the ugly
Corrin

so little mac, pacman,bowser junior and duck hunt are meme characters? I SHIGGY DIGGY YOU TO A DUEL

Attached: 1412930600890.jpg (268x268, 20K)

>Smash 4 generally goes with the most corporate-pushed and recent characters availiable, with a couple legacy picks sprinkled in
>the least-hype Smash

>Ultimate puts in lots of characters that are "never-ever literally who's" according to relevancyfags, with only a few Smash 4 tier picks sprinkled in
>it's the most hype Smash yet

Attached: 1560457942603.jpg (1280x720, 555K)

I would move Shulk down to bad, and Bowser Jr. and Miis to good, but I agree with this list completely otherwise. Mii's have a silly but interesting gimmick and while I don't really care for Jr., the Koopalings he does bring with him as well as his fighting style I think justify themselves

baby bowser is yeah. people only like him because he can turn into roy and wendy.

Xenoblade is a good game and Bowser Jr is a dumb character that Miyamoto forces everywhere

Why do you like spreading lies, user?

For me, Mega Man, Little Mac, and Pac-Man were the only real exciting picks for me back during the Smash 4 (pre-DLC) days. It was honestly more exciting to wait to see who was a returning fighter, how they would look and who was unfortunately cut from the roster, with a newcomer coming every once in a while.

Mmm... I know this is an unpopular opinion... but even back in 2015, I stuck with Brawl. Mega Man and Pac-Man were the only reasons for me to play that game. That sugary artstyle 4 had was too much for me (this is an extremely unpopular opinion, don't get pissed over this.)

Attached: 1560545598759.jpg (835x567, 99K)

I wonder how they would approach Smash going forward. Is every new game going to built on top of Ultimate, like Ultimate is for Wii U, or will they start over with a smaller roster and new engine at some point? If they did do that, what newcomers could they possibly add to justify cutting so many beloved characters?

Bomberman

I got Shulk so it gets an automatic thumbs up from me.

Attached: Ayy m8.png (277x300, 75K)

Smash 4's roster has a glaring hole in ir since it cut Snake. That alone makes it worse than Brawl despite have great picks like Mega Man, Mac, Ryu and Cloud. Also Smash 4 had too many zoomer picks with Greninja, Corrin, Rosalina, Lucina

>Rosalina
>Palutena
>Dark Pit
>Lucina
>Bowser Jr.
Were all unnecessary, Robin and Greninja were necessary shill reps and pretty inoffensive.

>only a few Smash 4 tier picks
Which ones?

>Villager
>Megaman
>Pacman
>Duck Hunt
>Greninja
>"bad"

Overall bad character design (even for Smash, and before you say G&W, no, he transforms into different characters of his series, giving him more personality), Microsoft already represented (it would be quite jarring to have two characters from a competing company, we got lucky to even have one, but that was due to Banjo's origins, and Nintendo fans identifying with Banjo more.)

ridley, krool, and richter

>Villager
>Megaman
>Pac-man
>Little mac
>Ryu
>Cloud
These were all highly requested and/or hype. Overall not as good as Brawl or Ultimate but still decent. The game with the worst newcomers is Melee because of how many clones they added to pad out the roster.

Pretty much what I thought. Except Bowser Jr. was alright for me.

Pac Man was based. Fuck off

Shulk was my most wanted ever since I hacked my Wii to play the European version of Xenoblade. He's still my main. Eat shit.

>Brought back Roy
>a good thing
Roy was a bigger mistake than Corrin

You do realize most characters they fucking made have moves that weren’t from their game. You do realize being creative is a thing. You seriously have 1D thinking if you think they can’t make their own creative moves for him.

>listing Roy as a positive

Besides Megaman nobody really caused a crazy amount of Hype. Atleast until Cloud and Ryu as DLCs came out.

Better than being a bakanjo and autistikoozie retard

Still seething that they got in and whoever you wanted didn't (Steve is unrelated in the pic.)

Attached: 1560292001003.png (1696x846, 84K)

What about Pac-Man? That was a character I wanted since Brawl. Surprising when he was announced to.

Exactly they fucked themselves over like that its so annoying. Like literally any other zelda character would be ok mine opinion would be skull kid but i dont mind the other zelda characters either those are good opinions.

>Wii Fit Trainer
But surprising shit like that is good

Smash 4 was the only chance for a Rhythm Heaven character to get in
I'm never gonna stop being upset about it

Attached: 1553877636614.gif (444x444, 444K)

I was hype as fuck, arguably my hypest newcomer for Smash Four but they revealed him in such an anti-hype way I can't blame people for not getting excited.

>Fire Emblem got DOUBLE the representation Kirby got
This will never not be a sin, especially since it was never fixed.

Attached: 3639595.png (502x400, 93K)

>Villager
good addition
>Mega Man
amazing addition
>Wii Fit Trainer
good addition
>Rosalina
shitty addition
>Little Mac
great addition, outside of his shitty gimmick
>Greninja
meh addition
>Palutena
meh addition
>Miis
good addition
>Pac-man
great addition
>Lucina and Robin
meh additions
>Shulk
good addition
>Bowser Jr.
meh addition
>Duck Hunt
good addition
>Ryu and Cloud
great additions
>Corrin
the worst addition in smash history
>Bayonetta
good addition
overall, smash 4 had great new additions. if you are letting a few bad apples ruin it all, then i guess Ultimate has a shitty roster thanks to Incineroar

Cloud, Ryu and Bayonetta were really awesome adds
youtu.be/CK5gdf5cMPM
Start at 30 seconds
>mfw the entire Cloud trailer

ya boilin?

Attached: 097.gif (540x304, 1.15M)

oh yeah i forgot about dark pit, but can you really blame me? lol

Megaman, Belmont’s, Cloud, Ryu

Literally everyone else

Ya because I actually care about super smash bros unlike you. Have fun screeching “bUh hAH”,with drool, at your tv screen. Literally big waste of a character. So many other good opinions.

piss off, sausage fingers

Yeah, like this lmao

Attached: stevefags.jpg (1080x1665, 462K)

Megaman and Mac were cool but yeah... that sucked overall

>Smash 4 was the best game

Lol noooooooooooooooo. Not even close faggot. Anything 4 did, Ultimate did significantly better. The only thing you could really criticize Ultimate for is its mixed reception regarding Online play. Other than that though, yeah...get out of here with your shit opinions bitch!

Yup, that’s official Minecraft art

>Isabelle is bad

WRONG! ITS PIRANHA PLANT YOU RETARDED FAGGOT!

I'm almost 100% sure I'm the only guy who doesn't mind Dark Pit's inclusion. I loved Uprising, though, and Antony Del Rio's voice acting was great.

Attached: 1559713900042.jpg (900x675, 64K)

>take the villager
>remove all of his good moves and replace them with shitty gimmicks
wow. amazing character you have there.

And this is why you don't listen to rosterfags but look at characters that can either represent an important series to Nintendo or have an interesting pool of potential moves. That said I could do without Marth clone #3 and Link clone #3, at least they fixed Luigi not to be a complete clone in Melee.

The only thing you could criticize 4 for was that anything it did, Ultimate did a lot better. i.e bring back everyone, hype newcomers including fan requested favorites, better gameplay, combining the best attributes of 3DS and Wii U, etc.

Sega:
Sonic, Bayonetta

Capcom
Megaman, Ken, Ryu

Konami
Snake, Simon, Richter

Square Enix
Cloud, Luminarie, Governor, Erdrick, and Solo as ‘The Hero’

Like bruh
What are you talking about not having multiple characters

>Link clone #3
toon link was suppose to be the replacement for young link, but he returned for ultimate because of the "everyone is here" deal
>Marth clone #3
honestly, just rework the entire FE cast outside of Marth. it's a mess

based. fuck ultimate's final smashes.

Just kill yourself faggot zoomer. Your opinion is irrelevant.

Ike, Robin and Corrin are fine (the later moveset wise at least), the Marth derivates are the only problem, and assuming there'll be a next game, it's most likely they'll be removed along with most echoes and clones.

>Mega Man
>Little Mac
>"bad"
Everyone else can eat my dick though.

They need to clean the slate and start over with Zelda reps. The major problem is actually Link himself. They can't ignore the success of BotW and how it was a lot of kid's first Zelda, so they need to represent that in some way, but they also need to represent classic Link for everyone else. That's why they were fine with bringing back Young Link, they secure both those crowds and Toon has to be there for the everyone is here thing. They would need to figure out a way to combine BotW Link and classic Link into characters. It's not out of character for Link to have tools, but they want to keep him simple because it's still Smash. Next is Ganondorf. He needs to be de-cloned, but the problem is that they don't know what to do with him. Ganondorf hasn't been a villain in a Zelda game since Twilight Princess, so if they take that version he'll be a big sword guy. Ultimately, his best version would be a trident wielding magic user. Zelda and Shiek are fine. As for a new rep, there's only a couple of choices and none of them are modern. The only possible ones are Vaati, Skull Kid, Tingle, Zant, Midna, and Ghirahim. For some reason they just refuse to use the lesser villain. Shit, we couldn't even get a Hilda echo.

Attached: d803928f31d4c0bf339f75e69232c3ab--a-legend-legend-of-zelda.jpg (736x972, 126K)

they should make the same thing they did with Hero for the Marth Clones

>Ganondorf hasn't been a villain in a Zelda game since Twilight Princess, so if they take that version he'll be a big sword guy. Ultimately, his best version would be a trident wielding magic user
wait for BOTW2
>Zelda is fine
no she isn't. there's something wrong if the character has consistently been mediocre ever since it's debut

>toon link was suppose to be the replacement for young link, but he returned for ultimate because of the "everyone is here" deal
I know and I still question this decision but whatever, gotta appeal.
>honestly, just rework the entire FE cast outside of Marth. it's a mess
Tfw FE almost competes with Pokemon and Mario for the largest cast in the game (doubly so if you count Yoshi as Mario series instead of his own and Pokemon Trainer as 3 separate chars) yet has to do so with more clones than either of them. I don't even know how they'll do future FE characters except more clones.

Smash 4, looking back, offers nothing new. It was the best in terms of roster, but Ultimate fucking obliterated it with EVERYONE IS HERE

The only bad newcomers were dark pit, lucina, corrin, bowser junior and every echo that could have been a skin/alt.

People only defend him to defend Smash and Sakurai. Nobody genuinely thinks "man this roster would fucking suck without dark pit, who would i pick instead?????"

He has the goat victory theme so I play him fairly often

Mario Galaxy was a favorite of mine, so I was stoked to see her in

>wait for BOTW2
I know, and hopefully we finally get Ganondorf as an actual character.
>mediocre
What do you mean by that? Gameplay-wise or representation wise? She reps the magic of the series just fine. Next smash they might give her the Shiekah Slate to work with.

>playing someone for their victory theme

Remember all the people that would criticize the characters you wanted for "not being important enough" "that series doesn't need more new characters" "no moveset potential" "being a literally who" etc.

yet literally, unironically, thought pic related was a good inclusion.

Attached: Uprising_lady_palutena_e3_2011_press_kit.png (1000x1502, 1.48M)

Vaati, Skull Kid, Tingle, Zant, Midna, dare I say Fi, Darunia or Daruk, Impa, the painting dude from Between Worlds, Revali, Ganon (and don't take Ganondorf out), Ghirahim. Literally LoZ has the least problems for representation aside from maybe Pokemon (and Pokemon has zero problems by nature). They can keep the Links in to pander but they need to stop here and resort to making skins or a different echo fighter system to appeal to the crowd (e.g. Young Link is just small Link, Young Link is non-floaty Link) but they can't if they still want to divert movesets with different animations and specials.

gameplay-wise. she just feels clunky. but i guess that's not the fault of the character itselft

As with other echoes, Dark Pit was probably picked at the last hour to pad out the roster. I wouldn't mind at all if he dissapears for good, but it's not like he usurped some other's character place either.

Roy is elementally different enough from Marth to warrant the separate slot, Marth, Lucina, and Chrom are not

My Top 5 most wanted characters when Smash 4 was announced was:
1.Pac Man
2.Mii
3.Shulk
4.Robin
5.Dillon

So actually I wanted them. Both of them. Also I really lucked out since my top 4 all made it in, with number 5 becoming an assist. Things are working out in Ultimate too. My top 5 most wanted for this one were:
1.Simon Belmont
2. A Dragon Quest character, preferably Erdrick
3. A Megaten character, preferably Jack Frost
4. Reimu Hakurei
5. Rayman

So I ended up getting my top 3 for ultimate. I can't stop winning bros.

Attached: 1550276011175.jpg (540x540, 62K)

>Pac-Man hungers for battle
Is Pac-Man a fucking psycho? How did Nintendo okay this?

Attached: 1558659273617.webm (698x718, 190K)

This.

Everyone else, you could tell who was coming from a mile off.

Mega Man was like a fucking nuclear bomb.

Joker just for the assblasting and rumor mill it started.

It's been 7 and a half months. Let it go.

>but it's not like he usurped some other's character place either.
Fucking this

It's hard to work with the FE cast because there's so many groups they need to appeal to. They need to have Marth obviously, but they also need Ike because he's still the most popular character, but wait we need someone to rep the GB era, but wait the 3DS games are really popular and everyone wants Lucina too, and so on. If 3H is actually good it's going to get worse. There's an easy way to consolidate the roster but they don't want to take characters away now that they've spent the time putting them in.

Just remove them all entirely. The FE fanbase is a group of babies that even if you gave them the entire roster they'd still complain because THEIR favorite FE character isn't in and woah is them.

Can someone explain to me why people want Isaac so bad? I've never met a single person whos played or heard of Golden Sun. Is it a hidden gem or something?

Replace FE with anything else and you just described every rosterfag ever.

To be fair, Robin is one of the more unique characters in Smash
I honestly main her, and love the spell usage mechanic

Makes attacking more fun and have to think a little more on how you approach things. Very similarly, I’m gonna be maining ‘The Hero’ because of the 16 specials he’s gonna have and the Mana system

Snake

I liked uprising too so there’s that. Regular pit feels better to play but it doesn’t matter too much.

>Just remove them all entirely. The Ice Climber fanbase is a group of babies that even if you gave them the entire roster they'd still complain because THEIR favorite Ice Climber character isn't in and woah is them.
this sounds funny

By that logic, you might as well ask why we have 3 Links on the Zelda team but only 1 villain (Ganondorf). And aside from Lucina (due to her background) that doesn't really excuse them from making Chrom and Roy so similar to Marth. Why do these 3 sword fighters from different games and canonically different times/worlds have so much in common? (Yes Roy came from melee, he was already a clone yadda yadda, he could've gotten more of a Luigi treatment to diversify given they got 3 games to alter him). Why not Ephraim or Hector, who are both popular and use different weapons?
Let's just be real, they had to cut corners and FE was the easy one to cut on.

>tfw the last time i got one of my most wanted was in Melee.
>Keep loosing for more than 15 years now.
>No Black shadow
>No Rayman
>No starfy
>No Monster Hunter rep

It hurts.

Attached: qejhN7Pi1rm0s85o1_500.gif (500x280, 1.76M)

Nope. A few days ago Yea Forums would've been flooded with WHERE'S GRUNTY? AND BOTTLES? WHY DOES SAKURAI HATE US SO MUCH.

When/if a 3H rep gets announced, 99% of the posts are going to be "WAAAAAH MUH HECTOR WAAAH MUH ANNA" and le epic salt posts.

You joke, but I'm pretty sure some people did have that attitude when the IC were removed in 4.

i didn't meant to sound like that, it was mostly to poke fun about the whole "character representation" thing, if somebody heavily demanded a character like the polar bear for IC representation

Seems Rayman is unfortunately out of the picture as a spirit probably but at least Reimu has a chance, however small. Congrats on getting all your other wanted fighters though, must be nice.

This
This is also why if you care about the skin over your character model you are a retard
More of you should be complaining about movesets, the number of uninspired unoriginal moves this time around is hilarious, so many characters don’t have a single linkable combo while others have 0 to deaths. While some may argue it’s a balance issue I believe it’s just how much time was spent in a character. It’s obvious to be king k rool had a lot of thought put into him. Where as little Mac is just the OHKO boxer.

I guess what I’m really trying to say is some of these characters are so generic they really don’t need to be in the game

It's really nothing like Zelda's situation. There's 3 necessary characters, that each play differently, Ganondorf's clone problem notwithstanding, and they could use another character or 2 to have more reps. The Link problem isn't like FE's problem. What's stupider is that canonically Chrom taught Lucina how to fight, so she should be a clone of him, and Chrom is nothing like Marth.
>Why not Ephraim or Hector
That's the question everyone asks. They need to also clean the slate with FE and start over.

Thanks bro! Yeah, Rayman is totally out, but I already feel like I got unusually blessed. Especially with Robin and Erdrick, seriously I considered those pipe dreams. Good luck to your most wanted for the remaining DLC, man!

>Vaati, Skull Kid, Tingle, Zant, Midna, and Ghirahim
And everyone there outside of Tingle and Skull Kid is a one-off.

>ult gives me everyone I could have asked for
>still like melee more for gameplay
I just want to play Cloud and Ridley with combos for days man. Not to say I dislike ult cause I do like it but it's such a what could have been thing.

So?

Best FD coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=4jjQ0Ttn05E

What, mega man, Pac, and DH are sick.

Have you noticed how every Mario character in Smash has consistently appeared in games?
That can't be said for Zelda outside the main Triforce trio.

big names people were talking about were Villager, Mega Man, Little Mac, and you can't possibly forget Cloud.
Ultimate added Ridley, Rool, Belmonts, and Banjo.

All in all same amount.

Underrated post

They definitely had to cut corners

It’s easier to make a sword fighter in a fighting game that is Loved then a character like king k rool

So? Who cares how many games a character appears in if they're wanted and would be cool for Smash?

>Sonic bottom
checking the dojo randomly one day and seeing SONIC THE HEDGEHOG was the craziest shit

>NOOOOOO I CAN'T ENJOY A CHARACTER IF PEOPLE WANTED THEM

It's a shit post.

Yea and then playing his uninspired shit was a pain

Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Pac-Man, Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt were all good picks.

The rest was either anime bullshit, waifufaggotry or filler. So yeah Smash 4 was pretty weak overall. I only enjoyed custom moves, stats and Smash Run, with occassional friend matches on Wii U locally. Ultimate may have better fan picks but it has jackshit for single player content and a crappy online.

Wrong.
youtube.com/watch?v=PLJuT8zPmvA

>Why not Ephraim or Hector
I know this will sound like another stupid made up roster rule, but so far it's the only logical reason I can think of.
Every single game (not just franchise, but individual game, and talking about playable characters only) so far has been represented by their main character first, and then comes anyone else that isn't the MC. In Hector's case, he comes third after Eliwood and Lyn (who is already an assist), and I'm not sure who is actually considered the default MC in Sacred Stones, but I'm pretty sure Eirika comes first in most people's minds.
Again, all this may as well be pure bullshit on my part, but it's the only logical thing I could think of, disregarding other factors like popularity and such.

Those are third party companies that chose to develop games for the Switch, not direct competitors to Nintendo, by selling hardware. It's like if a Sony chatacter (Nathan Drake, Sackboy) made it in? Would you expect to be two of them?

>7 years old 2008
It’s a close one mods, let’s not delete just know his opinion on the subject is invalid

>Hector's case, he comes third after Eliwood and Lyn

It's funny how people completely ignore this but god forbid Zelda have another character.

I just realized that's disgusting what I wrote and completely unecessary to the topic, I apologize for that.

See I don't know what came over me. At the end of the day, opinions are opinions.

>waaaah they didn;'t add muh rosterfag circlejerk most wanted

fuck off.

The only boring additions are Rosalina and Corrin.

>Hector
>coming third after Eliwood and fucking LYN
Lyn is completely unimportant to the plot of FE7 and Hector gets exclusive characters and chapters that Eliwood doesn't.
It's not like Hector is going to be added either.

>The first third part character to ever be revealed was from Metal Gear Solid of all games
still blows my mind

Sonic > Snake > K. Rool > Ryu > Mega Man > Ridley > Banjo > Cloud > Belmonts > Pac-Man > Bayonetta > Everyone else

>and Hector gets exclusive characters and chapters that Eliwood doesn't
That are only available after you bet the game because Eliwood is the default main lord after the tutorial. I counted Lyn before Hector because she's the one presented first to the player.

>Mario
>realistic textures are important
???
The point user is to make it look like Mario not a weird dwarf cosplaying as him

Villager, Megaman, Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Bowser Jr. are the only good newcomers to come from this game.

The rest are shit. DOGSHIT

>Rosalina & Luma (Koizumi's Lightning)
I can't believe there's still some fag saying this.

Attached: Stop Procrastinating.png (447x463, 407K)

I'dargue Hector's expanded plot (like the main villain's backstory) and gameplay make him about equal in prominance.
Lyn exists purely for the sake of the tutorial chapters and is only talked about because she's a waifu.

Top Kek
Zoomer fucking confirmed
>he didn't play nes or snes Mario first

fpbp

Holy shit, he SPOT DODGED that question.

No, no. My biggest issue for Smash 4 was how I thought the games artstyle was too sugary. Again, it's an extremely unpopular opinion.

Take a bath Smelee and quit diving in the dumpster behind your local Arby's every time you want to play an outdated GCN launch game!

>but wait we need someone to rep the GB era
It get worse because you have a split between Meleefags who like Roy and people who think that Roy is shit and they want either Hector or Lyn or Ephraim or Eirika or fucking Eliwood.

Nah, Smash 4 was a decent mix of new and old. There were definitely some unnecessary conclusions but getting Animal Crossing, Mega Man, Punch-Out, Pac-Man, Xenoblade and Duck Hunt repped is pretty neat. Also Wii Fit trainer is a fun inclusion even if I didn't care much for her play style.

I have never seen anyone request Eirika or Eliwood.

>I want more sword users
Mr. Sakurai, please hear this man

>Ryu
>Pacman
>Megaman
>Fucking cloud
>Bad
You’re a fucking retard.
Melee had the worst newcomers with them being fucking clones

My issue with Smash 4's newcomers is that in execution, we just got a fuck ton more zoners, swordfighters, or weird/annoying characters to fight. The ones that didn't fall into this were fun but they were few & far between

Snake
He was the last fucking character you would expect in a smash game.

>These characters didn't deserve to get in because they weren't part of my rosterfag circlejerk
Eat shit

Attached: 1541242938178.jpg (533x534, 104K)

>shulk
>robin
Besides those two maybe.

>Shulk
Everyone who played Xenoblade
>Robin
Between Brawl and Sm4sh Awakening became onee of Nintendo's most sold IPs due to Awakening alone, people were afraid Lucina would come and replace Marth altogether.
>Wii- it Trainer
Wii Fit sold almost as much as N64. Brand recognition was powerful.

Thing is that Smash 4 added recent stuff and you're too much of a boomer desiring dead literal whos from 20 years ago.

It felt self-felating from nintendo execs, specially of the wii era
>dude wii-fit did so much money, remember that?
>remember rosalina from mario galaxy, the GAME peopled loved? Cool right?
>man remember how duck hunt sold shittons, totally not realted to being paired with mario? yeah so crazy
>guys, remember the Miis? Yeah get 3 of them.
>guys Smash is such a big thing we can get PACMAN, you guys love pacman right?
>hey i made uprisisng, here is 2 characters from it
It was obvious they were disconnected from their core fans, the ballot was absolutely necessary to make clear to nintendo what people wanted.

Golden Sun has to be licensed like a third party outside of music which is why Isaac was cut but the bgm remained. Most of the Assist Trophies cut from Brawl to SSB4 fell into this licensing issue. They just didn't bother with the paperwork when they were licensing bigger characters, even if obviously Camelot wouldn't charge for his inclusion.

Isabelle, Incineroar, and Chrom.

Nintendo had such an inflated ego coming from the DS/Wii Era that the Wii U failed almost strictly because they refused to belive casuals moved on to mobile games and that the Wii U was the Vita of consoles and needed to push niche titles.

The way NoA treated with disdain all the niche titles that were released on the Wii U was unforgivable.

What? I'd have wanted him to actually copy other fighters but what they did was still really good, basically making most of his normals mini-special attacks. It's one of the most original movesets. He is much better implemented than someone like Samus, with generic punches and kicks rather than just firing her blaster for normals.

It's because she was in 3D World instead of a good character like Wario.

Skull Kid appears in three games, although he is only a main villain in one.

Villager, Mega Man, Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Duck Hunt are great additions, but I keep forgetting Rosalina, Greninja, and Palutena are in the game.

As far as Zelda goes, we just need monster trident wielding Ganon as a separate character. Give him a Smash original design like what Ridley got, going with the pig monster in armor look, but giving him a more human-like design and proportions that can work as a fighter while still standing taller than Ganondorf.

Late response but: trust me, I know. The reason they put swordies from FE in every time is twofold: it's cheap, and they are pretty high on the desire scale.
But then you realize Piranha Plant, Wii Fit Trainer, heck I'd argue even Duck Hunt and some other chars, which throw all of that logic out of the window and show they are willing to introduce characters that are weird, kind of from left field but are very unique and gain a fanbase from their introduction instead of being popular from the start (not to mention they ignored K'Rool, Ridley and Banjo until recently, which were high-demand intros, and fucked over other chars like Midna and Krystal by being relegated to assists). At that point I can't really defend them for picking yet another swordie (especially pure swordie, Corrin gets a pass for having uniqueness and I don't consider Robin a swordie) to represent FE. Fuck it just toss in Ross from Sacred Stones at that point.

I kind of wish we got a new FE character next game, basically using the Hero scheme. Add "Lord" as a newcomer with Marth, Lucina, Chrom, Roy and other skins, then "Mage" using Robin as a base with other magic users and such, "Hero" with Ike changed into an axe character alongside other axe wielders like Hector, "Dragon" with Tiki, Corrin and other skins, etc. They could condense the FE cast down to 4 characters while still representing more games.

I can tell OP wasn't here for the Smash 4 days and is only looking at things with the benefit of hindsight. Greninja was revealed when he was well-liked, before his shilling went full-throttle and before a new Pokemon rep was widely-recognized as simply mandatory. Lucina+Robin were a welcome surprise because they came out of nowhere (enjoy my good friend Shulk), predated the BUY FIRE EMBLEM shilling and finished off Chrom. Shulk was a common request long before the Gemetsu Leak made a popular topic. The only two newcomers that got widely-mixed reception were Dark Pit and Corrin for obvious reasons.

Yeah, Ridley, K Rool, and Banjo got far bigger reactions than I remember anyone getting in 4's base roster.

>Lyn exists purely for the sake of the tutorial chapters and is only talked about because she's a waifu.

She still gets a lot of value due to being the first lord to most western players. Even the Warriors staff acknowledged that she is to the West what Marth is to Japan.

megaman, villager, pac-man, palutena, little mac, ryu, cloud, duck hunt, wii fit and the miis were all good.

Wii Fit Trainer also got people split from the start, and Pac-man's addition was seen as obvious but few people got hyped for him.

Late response but thanks, user. Personally hoping for Doomguy/Slayer and Reimu, however unlikely they are. But I'm pretty happy with Banjo & Kazooie. Dragon Quest Heroes are cool too if I'm being honest.

Smash 4 was full of super fun to play characters, but those fun playstyles may as well not exist to unga heavyfags like I was back then. All my mains in ultimate were made in 4 because 4 has the best design imo. Megaman, pac man, and the 3rd parties made smash go from just nintendo to a celebration of vidya as a whole. You rosterfags are the worst because you don't care about gameplay at all.

One thing that's for certain, I think Nintendo underestimated how much their fanbase liked Rare's old games/characters before the ballot proved them otherwise.

It was actually Miyamoto's bright idea to have Retro ignore K. Rool and the Kremlings and create the generic Tikis no one remembers.

youtu.be/uAw2UnqHJt0?t=352

Tanabe asked him about bring K. Rool back and he literally just responded with "Do we REALLY need to?".

Attached: raresmash.png (749x978, 996K)

That's not a bad idea, except for Ike, he's more well known for wielding Ragnell, and Corrin wields a sword but no other dragon does. Although reworking Corrin wouldn't be a big loss.

Nice choices. I'll be rooting for the both of them for you.

The tikis were cool, but they were what you'd expect from them: a one-off. The tikis lacked a lot of personality and came entirely from their interactions with DK (aka DK carrying the fucking comedy and smashing them to bits).
You can only make hypnotizing masks that can't speak and barely do emotes funny for so long. Tropical Freeze also had funny one-offs but again, one-offs and no more than that. It's the DK-cast that carries the humor in the newer Country games.

Miyamoto's been getting more egotistic the older he gets. Just look at what Paper Mario's become.

>Shitty 10 seconds trailer + announcement of a delay
It was pretty bad

People were split about Wii Fit, but not as negatively as Dark Pit. I recall a lot of "well the series has a lot of unexpected characters" and "well wii fit did sell a lot," so the acceptance set in alright. It she was the last newcomer shown or a secret character I'm sure people would have been livid though.

Ay, thanks. Hopefully Doom Slayer stands an alright chance thanks to Eternal and that Bethesda interview where they mentioned talking to Nintendo about Smash Bros.

Shulk's great. Arts mechanic is fun and Xenoblade as a series is not going anywhere for a while, they deserved a rep.
An Awakening newcomer was obviously happening. The majority were expecting Lucina or Chrom but instead we got Robin, who is easily the most unique FE character we have right now with his tomes/levin and item durability mechanic. I really wish Roy and the echos didn't bloat the shit out of the series' reps and bring out the anime swordsmen meme

She was a side character in one game that came out over a decade ago. That's all she ever did. Then she just got forced into ever mario kart and sports game from then on.

What the fuck are they gonna do with the next game? Sakurai himself said Ultimate was only possible because they started working on it right away off the code of Smash Wii U. There are WAY too many characters now, they'll HAVE to cut some due to budget, and if they don't use Ultimate as a base (more likely if it's a different team) they'll have to cut even more. Every fighting game series has eventually reached a point where they had to do a soft reboot of the roster for budget issues and I think Smash has reached that point.

Ultimate 2. Just port everything over, polish things a little bit, add some new characters, bring back every single old game mode and feature, and make new game modes.

>they deserved a rep.
Xenoblade definitely didn't, with only a single underperforming game under their belt out at the time.

>Gamefreak's Lightning of the time

That would imply he wasn't popular with fans, but the reason Greninja had a warm welcome was because people genuinely loved him from the start. If they were gonna add a Gen VI rep, they luckily landed on the one that people actually liked.

Attached: pokemongeneralelection_thumb-1.jpg (554x542, 155K)

I'll never forget how my jaw dropped. It wasn't like the reveal trailers today, which are a big deal. It was just quietly posted on the website like any other post, like it was no big deal.

Brawl may be the worst game, but Japan Time was the best time to be a fan.

Remember Pokemon Trainer's reveal? Someone post the screencap of the catalog.

you could tell Snake was coming? really?

Yeah, for Corrin I was thinking it'd be a completely different moveset more focused on the dragon transformation. Heroes already has versions of Corrin that mostly fight as a dragon which is what made me think about that.