Why has every game that tried to copy it failed at creating the ambiance and sensations that it invoked...

Why has every game that tried to copy it failed at creating the ambiance and sensations that it invoked? Why are there few games as it is that try to do what it did?

Attached: sotc.jpg (1600x830, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VJnfkb1hKv4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What games tried to copy SOTC? I only remember a indie game that hasn't released yet.

Preay for the Gods is already out

because it doesnt sells,the movement animations are the best till this day,full of ik and shit,good camera movement,great landscape doesnt feel auto generated,but this is not enough to sell to your everyday normalfag,so why waste money on it?

That released already? Is it any good? I remember thinking it looked like it had potential when they revealed the first trailer for it, but then I never heard anything else about it.

Because it requires geniune artists to create. Shadow of Colossus is an artistic masterpiece.

Attached: Shadow-of-the-Colossus-PS4-Screen-3.jpg (3840x2160, 608K)

ps2 version has better atmosphere and artistic direction

Boring as fuck

>Why has every game that tried to copy it failed at creating the ambiance and sensations that it invoked? Why are there few games as it is that try to do what it did?

Because it was made and designed by an art major, not some coder nerd.

Big open spaces of nothing.... woah

This could pass as a painting.

Stick to korok seeds buddy

>Ueda is an art geek
>Kojima is a movie geek
>Miyazaki is a literature geek
Is the ultimate secret to be anything but a game geek?

Why do libtards always try to stick feelings to empty spaces of fucking nothing?

Why do ADD-riddled tards want to be entertained like a fucking toddler every meter of the road?

Shitty falseflag, tranny

Trying to clone or copy someone else’s works will always end this way

Anything that tries to do what it did will be dismissed as a clone, and anything that tries something similarly fresh won't be compared to SOTC since it'd be fresh.

youtube.com/watch?v=VJnfkb1hKv4

Attached: 155939744062324475.png (645x773, 336K)

No

Why copy SotC when you can do your own thing?

Attached: Inside.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

Because we're talking about CHADow of the Colossus, a game specifically designed to appeal to men who regularly have sexual intercourse with multiple women.

I feel like most games or any medium at this point should just loosely use elements from the game if they want to take inspiration from it, seeing they have trouble replicating the atmosphere.
Hell I kind of want to see some games take on a similar approach to Nier, yet at the same time I feel like they'll miss the points that made both Niers highly praised and churn out some pretentious garbage.

I feel like almost every frame in Shadow of the Colossus could pass as a painting. Kind of like the movie Barry Lyndon. The lighting, the way the shots are made, everything in the set is fine tuned so well that it makes it feel like a moving painting.

>the ambiance and sensations that it invoked
I mean, it was a decent action puzzle game. Nothing else to it besides that, really.

Because SotC was inspired by a certain sense of inspiration that copycats lacked so they based their game on another game instead of basing it on the original concept

Because of your first question and because video games are for epic cinematic experiences now

Dilate.

Wow what a marketing failure, I didn't even know and I was looking forward to it. How is it ?

Because need add more weapons, more items, more enemies ...

Is it FUN though

Yes

People always take inspiration from what they no, no matter how original a piece is it was inspired by something. People interested in art draw from art, of which there is plenty untapped material to bring about an interesting and new experience. People interested in games draw from other games, at best they can mix and match enough concepts from a variety of sources to bring about something new, but generally what ends up happening with people who did those shitty VGD courses is that they just follow whatever trends are big. Look at how Valve over time has lost the original team that led it to develop staples of the industry, and replaced by fans kids who grew up playing Valve. They have no dream or inspiration other than wanting to make vidyya gaems so now that they're the majority, Valve is reduced to following trends. MOBA, DCG, battle royale, autochess, they literally just follow any big popular flavor of the month now because they're full of uninspired "game nerds"

Damn. That's a cold truth right there. Growing up on games makes you a poor artist. It's really a bottom of the barrel medium in terms of inspiration.