I, like most people, am completely apathetic to Star Wars right now. The new trilogy's seen to that...

I, like most people, am completely apathetic to Star Wars right now. The new trilogy's seen to that. But do you think that there's any chance that this game will be good enough to bring back some interest to the franchise?

Attached: 12a0dd3f-e34a-43af-a4d4-64ba59bbb71f-BD_ATST_v11_378974.jpg (2988x1680, 513K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/jonshiring?lang=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>completely apathetic
>make thread on anonymous forum

Well the trailer looked REALLY boring, but maybe Avellone will at least give it a good story.

My interest was piqued when I saw that it's set around the time Rogue One took place. Solid film.

I'll probably get it cheap. Gameplay looks slow and it doesn't make sense that a story about "don't draw attention to yourself" has you waving your lightsaber around all the time.

I forsee it getting good reviews because it looks like one of those Uncharted/Tomb Raider formulas where reviewers just instinctively give them 9/10s.

Yes? Believe it or not, making a thread doesn't take much work.

>can't cut limbs
>reused assets from Apex Legends
I'm not very optimistic, though I'd love to be proven wrong.

they picked the worst level for the demo gameplay
nobody fucking likes mandatory platform levels

>But do you think that there's any chance that this game will be good

Not if EA has anything to say about that.

did you see the fuckin gameplay video? it looks like unity trash

No it's clearly a slow ass static console garbage game.

It feels like we are back to the years of the prequel trilogy where most people would consider star wars to be a joke but this time, without all the fun games that came from it

From what we've seen so far I'm not impressed. It felt too slow and I don't like the lock on. The lightsaber seems off too imo. I don't see a reason to buy that when I can just play Outcast/Academy.

Attached: 20190420184415_1.jpg (1920x1080, 313K)

It's fucking shit.

No Star Wars game will ever top Jedi Outcast/Academy in terms of saber combat until they go back to omnidirectional, hitbox-based combat.

Why won't they give us a star War game where I can cut everything with a lighsabre like Metal Gear rising. I seethe at the wasted potential

Probably the same reason that MGR failed before Platinum got their hands on it: the devs were too obsessed with CUTTING EVERYTHING that they didn't know how to make a game world you could actually traverse. If a Jedi game like the one you're talking about would be made they would have to ignore the crying crowd about how the in-game lightsaber can only cut SOME things and just make a good game.

What bothers me is how slow enemies appear to shoot. I get that they want to go for a more active approach to projectile deflection and not something like ninja running in MGRR but when you see a stormtrooper only firing one blaster bolt a second, and each bolt moves at a snails pace it seems off-putting. even stranger is that the game clearly shows you have bullet-time abilities which makes having things be slow make even less sense.

yea the weapon fire of the troopers looked an issue

I mean the bullet time is more of a force stasis from what I've seen, so having to freeze time every time you encounter bullet enemies would be a little annoying.

>Lightsaber not solid white at its core
>Lightsaber doesn't turn into a fan when swung

Discarded. If they can't even get that right, they aren't making a good Star Wars game. It's just like the Force Unleashed games. The Jedi Knight games were the only ones to get it right.

from that gameplay it looks like a slower combination of outcast and unleashed. i appreciate the greater force powers that is something positive to add in a star wars game.

but like you say OP I too am apathetic to new star wars anything. what really killed it for me was knowing that all EU was discarded, and then I knew we'll never get any thing else good ever again. so i hold onto what we had.

Attached: 1556136160397.jpg (1077x1078, 529K)

My only issue with this game is that the lightsaber doesn't cut shit.

I can't take it seriously. It has the kid from Shameless as the main character. And as far as the gameplay goes it looks like someone with downs syndrome was presenting the game.

>kid from shameless
Kek, what

Don't forget Joker in Gotham.

Avellone isn't even a lead writer, he's like one of five "Narrative Designers".

It will be better than the movies, not like that is hard to do.
The story will be the deciding factor whether this game brings back interest or not

That's not when it takes place, given that Saw is healthy and still working with the Rebellion it is a few years before Rogue One

>lightsaber
>no dismemberment
Is Respawn fucking retarded or what?

Attached: 1547693927939.webm (1280x544, 2.57M)

They want to keep T rating

Force Unleashed 2 had T-rating while having dismemberment with lightsabers.

Yeah I don't know either, probably still considered too graphic (despite your pic related being in a children's show) though I'm guessing you'll go full dismember against robots.

Too much force unleashed and walmart mtn dew

Why is some random Padawan stronger than Luke, Kylo Ren and Rey? He just 360 noscopes an entire imperial base. Was expecting more stealth, subterfuge and intelligence. The boring generic white male protagonist just highlights how uninspired this is. They could have done so much more in the purge era.

>EA shit
lol no

>takes place after Episode 3 and before Episode 4
>immediately show Stormtroopers, tie fighters and at-sts
That's a pretty big yikes, unless there's a timeskip of 17 years later this shouldn't be Empire shit but instead Republic assets only.

Attached: 1534536317636.gif (480x270, 1.79M)

>The boring generic white male protagonist just highlights how uninspired this is
I'll give (you) one out of pity

Why do you trannies hate white people so much?

Do you really think some white boi character has as much impact as being "illegal" and hunted down? Why not put a Hispanic or an alien character. It's almost appropriation.

Saw seems pretty old so I'm guessing it's like 5 years before New Hope

of course not. even if it is good, people who don't care anymore are too jaded and cynical to ever give the franchise a real chance again.

It's been a long time since I played FU2 but I don't remember every lightsaber hit sending limbs flying.

They take arms, legs and even heads. Throwing lightsaber takes heads instantly, and that's a T rated game while this upcoming piece of shit has none.

It's Respawn. They've never released a bad game, from when they were 2015, to Infinity Ward to now. Of course it'll be good. People need to have a little faith, instead of brainlessly joining the Disney-era Star Wars hate bandwagon.

>we could have had a polished AAA Jedi Knight 4

Attached: jka3.webm (640x512, 2.9M)

>But do you think that there's any chance that this game will be good enough to bring back some interest to the franchise?
No. EA, bad casting/main char design in a universe where protags have been much less generic and not some emo teen, shit tier supporting characters so far from what's been shown, shit tier story from what's been shown.
It's just a much much worse force unleashed realistically.

Yes, I think this game looks great. This and The Mandalorian are looking far better and more like proper Star Wars than Episode IX.

No you couldn't. Lucasarts was mismanaged into the ground. Disney is incapable of making games. EA is it now.

look at that travesty of a lightsaber and seriously consider your question

That was almost 10 years ago, dismemberment would instantly make the game M rated today

The Talent that made Titanfall and Titanfall 2 went back to Infinity Ward. This is the same retarded delusion because HUUUUUUR IT SEZ RESPAWN!!!!! In name only just like Obsidian, the same Talent that made Fallout New Vegas isn't making Outer Worlds.

it's pretty much his look from the beginning of Rogue One, which is like 13 years before ANH

No they didn't, the lead eng all the way from Allied Assault to Apex Legends is still at Respawn twitter.com/jonshiring?lang=en

Why? There's no blood.

Attached: 1559535008515.jpg (800x600, 82K)

It looks incredibly boring and generic. It's painfully obvious they aren't dumping enough resources into this game. I expect it will be a 6 hour campaign with a forgettable story that will sell well and be forgotten in a month.

Attached: 1557985541118.png (500x488, 16K)