Toonstruck free on GOG

fyi weird 90's point and click adventure game starring Christopher Lloyd is free on GOG right now.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 10.24.11 AM.png (697x439, 765K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OIIXjulD3_w
youtube.com/watch?v=cCRp5SpiZWM
youtube.com/watch?v=n8aH3ZgwhWU
youtube.com/watch?v=fyUbGnaLZeg
newgrounds.com/portal/view/551921
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

inb4 404,
thanks for the heads up

Attached: 1470087262072.gif (320x240, 1.98M)

Thanks

love you OP
no homo

And the main villain is Tim Curry

Attached: MV5BMTc5MTQ2OTYwOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzEzMTA1._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg (214x317, 10K)

Shame we NEVER got the sequel. They had so much planned and already did a bunch of stuff like the WESTERN CITY.

he's also the main villain irl

Assets all exist according to Keith Arem
They just need to put it into place and release it. Which is some work.

So how the fuck do I get it NOW? It said the game will appear in my account soon and I get NOTHING. Where is it? Are you shitting me, you fucking Polaks?
I still have the CD and box and everything lying around but getting the original to work on Win 10 is a pain in the ass so thanks for that, GOG.

Sometimes it takes a few minutes or even hours depending polish server speed.

This time i got the game instantly but the last freebie took 2 hours.

Kill yourself you fucking waste of cum

This cover is weird. Never saw it before.

Attached: 1166912819-00.jpg (800x1031, 127K)

Don't be so rude now, will you?
Look at what wrote before you insult me.

Here is the cover I know and I have:

Attached: 220px-Toonstruck-European-Cover (1).jpg (220x278, 28K)

I will bump this thread as much as possible. Fuck Yea Forums and all those kids on it who don't know good games.
It's ironic that THIS never got used when it's on the fucking cover

Attached: Toonstruck_spikeballoon.gif (451x385, 197K)

So they seriously did fucking EVERYTHING for it already like also all the videos with Llyoed and also all the voice recordings or what's the stand?

Yes.
You don't need to get the old Christopher Lloyd or Tim Curry for part 2. All the audio, animations and whatever already exist in form of assets. Keith Arem would only need to get a team of people to put those assets together and form a game out of it but that takes effort and money and for now he doesn't believe it's worth the investment.

Attached: 703db03fcb2558583be46565bda83031.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

>Keith Arem, a member of the team that made the awesome point-and-click adventure game Toonstruck featuring a live action Christopher Lloyd stranded in an insane Roger Rabbit-esque world, is considering a re-release which would include the cancelled second part that was originally edited out of the finished game shortly before release. However, such a thing would require "tremendous fan support" to justify it. In his own words:

>While the game was internationally critically acclaimed, the game did not receive the sales we hoped, and the second half was never released. Now that my career has developed, I would like to re-release an updated version of Toonstruck to include the 2nd half of the game (iPad, online,etc), but I would need tremendous fan support to justify its release. I am looking for someone to help organize a fan petition to help us raise the capital to finance the game, so if you know anyone who could help with this, I would appreciate the assistance.

That statement is 8 years old

buuuuuuuuut the first had many cut scenes and you would need Llyoed for it. Can I read more about this? Can I read the entire story for what was planned in 2 or is that a secret? Sadly Toon Struck has no fan base, I mean look at how hard I am trying to bump this thread but it will be only you and I until this thread is gone which will happen in just a few minutes.
I only know about this planned western ghost town and have even seen screenshots in magazines before it's release so I was really disappointed when I never went to the ghost town after I had beaten the game.

seeToonstruck Part 2 got cut out of the game shortly before release because the company was doing badly and they thought they could sell the game in two parts to get more money out of it. Which never ended up happening due to Burst going bankrupt.

Some assets are flying around but most is hidden secret on Keith Arems harddrive.

Attached: file.png (495x441, 211K)

>d include the cancelled second part that was originally edited out of the finished game shortly before release
>edited out
>shortly before release

That way it sounds as if was 100% done. Why would they even cut it in the first place then? That wording is VERY wrong and I do not believe it. If you have created something I do not understand why you would edit it out shortly before release and this is coming from me who works as an editor...

Also
> (iPad, online,etc),
>ONLINE

Why online? wtf is that? Who needs online in a point and click game. Just release it as it is and I will be happy. How much could it cost to just release a PC version where EVERYTHING already exists and just needs to be put together again. I give you 5 months with 3 skilled coders. That might cost 10 000. I am willing to pitch in some money.

looks cool
thanks op

What is wrong with me? Why do I always like stuff nobody else seems to enjoy. I have a thing for underdog stuff, games nobody really loves or cares about and companies that go bankrupt. That isn't even planned, like I liked this game before they went bankrupt so how come my taste is so alternative from what is popular?

Is it good?

ONLINE means digital here.
Digital distribution.

And yes most of the game was done but they cut out everything after the battle with Nefarious because they wanted to sell people the thing two times. Why make one million with one game if you can make two million with 1 game cut into two pieces which are sold seperately?

Burst Interactive neede the money. Toonstruck was just too expensive to produce.

It's a crazy point and click adventure game with great humor and Christopher Llyod. Do you like point and click adventure games? Do you like cartoons and wacky cartoon "laws"? Do you like Christopher Llyod? If any of those apply to you it is GREAT!

That really is a crying shame and too sad. IF everything is already done he should just release it for the love of god. Screw an ipad port or anything. Will he make money with the game lying around? No. So just give us that game.

In the end we also got the WarCraft point and click game and I still don't know how THAT happened.

>tfw no Cool World adventure game

Toonstruck being temporarly free might mean that Toonstruck 2 news are around the corner.

It's a good way to generate some interest.

This really means nothing as GoG gives games away for free on a typical basis.

GOG can only do that if they themselves purchase +100.000 copies to give them away. But usually this is a coorporation with the rightholders and they give the thing away without GOG having to pay the full amount for hundreds of thousand copies.

looks like it's missing something in the center

I'm aware of the business aspects behind such decisions. I'm just saying, don't get your hopes up too high.

And this is why games are best off staying at a $60 pricetag. You're getting an entire game for just a couple of clicks and you're still being an ungrateful cunt about it.

I highly doubt it but WHY is it free now? That's a good question.

was it on ross's game dungeon?

Attached: Toonstruck_(MS-DOS)_53.png (640x400, 127K)

>youtu.be/OIIXjulD3_w

That terrible Techno Music. Why is Flux pink in this trailer instead of purple? I don't remember Vincent Van Gogh.

That poor donkey or horse. Only because of this game I found out they make glue out of old mules or is that just an urban legend? really cruel and harsh. I did laugh.

because GOG is having a sale

Flux got pink after getting hit by Fluffys happy beam.

And Van Goth is from the unreleased second part of the game. See

>that THICC sheep
This was a great game, I remember I was young when it released and the cartoony looks what I really liked, even got the demo too back then from a magazine disc. Too bad I was able to play the full version only years later.

Needs more Miss Fortune

> The game underperformed in sales and became a major commercial flop, a problem that executive producer David Bishop attributed to poor marketing and "the worst packaging I've ever seen"

Is this because
Is the actual AMERICAN cover? This is fucking disgusting. I like the Euro cover that I know.

I mean no wonder it sold poorly if THAT was the cover in the USa.

She really is barely relevant. One pair of sunglasses was enough to outsmart her.

Attached: 1670734-msfortune.png.png (1152x720, 348K)

Reminds of Blazblues first PC release

A cover so ugly it killed the company that localized and ported the game.

Attached: _-BlazBlue-Calamity-Trigger-PC-_.jpg (328x463, 45K)

that doesn't look too bad

didn't kill mega man though

Considering this is an anime fighter. Yes it is ugly.
You can't bait any animefags with that art.

I have the vaguest recollection of playing this game a very very long time ago thanks to you op, is it good? I like point and click games and sanitarium

Yes, it's good.

Toonstruck made three mistakes

1) The high profile actors clearly ended up costing far too much money
2) The marketing campaign for this game was absolutely horrible
3) The game got released in a time where LucasArts were absolutely dominating the adventure game market so even with non-shit marketing it would have been quite a feat to stand up against the competition

Lucas Arts didn't release many adventure games in 96 though, just Mortimer, Afterlife, Desktop Adventures, and one of those Star Wars action games.

Yeah but people still didn't pay much attention to anything not LucasArts

1996 was an amazing year. I can not believe it was such a shit year for Lucas Arts. What went wrong? I remember Mortimer and Afterlife from the same magazine that told me about ToonStruck (German video game mag for kids). Mortimer was just awful. Why did they do it? I just played the demo but YUCK. What where they thinking? Afterlife...did anyone ever care about that as well?

>Mortimer

HAHAHAHA just look at this! They gave the cat an ANUS while the dog has none. How did they get away with it?

Attached: mortimer.jpg (1358x1007, 299K)

im watching the intro right now ben stein is in it.

The art of the protag in the electric chair look so bad

bump

How bad was that game?

when will gog implement regional pricing for my backwards country already

Maybe once more artists become aware of her

Regional pricing is dead

Attached: 1671482-msfit.jpg (320x320, 15K)

Attached: 1448491555047.gif (320x200, 923K)

youtube.com/watch?v=cCRp5SpiZWM

On a scale of 1 to Nigel Thornberry Evil Laugh how Tim Curry is Tim Curry in this game?

youtube.com/watch?v=n8aH3ZgwhWU

youtube.com/watch?v=fyUbGnaLZeg

Fuck yes.

lewd kitty is lewd

Attached: XG64bqARryM.jpg (400x400, 58K)

FLUFFY
KITTY
TITTY

>Toonstruck 2 never

Attached: best_of_toonstruck_by_jcsstudio_d7fg96f-pre.jpg (999x800, 187K)

Attached: 08.jpg (240x174, 38K)

wtf that's where that music comes from?
I thought it was from ren & stimpy

Any other recs for point-and-clicks, brehs? Only played Broken Sword so far

Definitely Monkey Island

the screenshots are from toonstruck 1

I know.

Back when I still watched Giant Bomb they played this game and got super triggered by a character that was a gay stereotype, like with a lisp, innuendos and everything. I don't think they ever went back to play it afterwards. Not that I care anyway since I don't watch them anymore.

Was it the scarecrow?

newgrounds.com/portal/view/551921

I really need to check that one out, it's on my list already

The Dig, Monkey Island, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Indiana Jones (the atlantis one), Blackwell series, all Broken Sword games, Deponia, The Longest journey, Gabriel Knight, Primordia, The Dark Eye, Memoria

Not really, a stroke crippled him and anytime you see him it looks like he wants to be dead

same thing happened to Stephen Hawking and that nigga was still looking like he was going to blast an atomic bomb to the moon to destroy it. wheelchairs add about 15 to your evil stat

RIP Elmer

I only played the demo as a kid and already hated it. I would rate it 1 out of 10. Look it up on youtube. It is a freaking ON RAILS SHOOTER for kids. Horrible.

Yeah this game looks like ass.
On Rails Shooter are garbage in general but this is just insulting.

She needs more art, PRONTO!

Maybe with the game being free she will get some

Playing this game right now. It's actually quite alright. I looked up some of the voice actors and recognized quite a few.

Was this ALL in the game or is this cut content? Because I do not remember it.

All in the game

reeeeeeeeeee this isn't in the game. why do you have to do this? where did you get this from?

Ouch. This still hurts so much after all those years. Where do you have those from?

It is a shame that toon struck runs at such a low res and I can see ugly scan lines within the game. What res is it in?

I also can not change the resolution toggle in the GOG version. It is set to LOW. Is that just a troll setting like the dirty option in Larry 7 or can you actually change the resolution to high with that level in the options menu?

How the FUCK don't you put Christopher Lloyd on the cover? It should be the main selling point. The game is really solid for a 90's adventure game and it's a shame there was no sequel.

I don't understand why Day of the Tentacle or Sam and Max weren't recommend to you. Basically ANY Lucas Arts adventure game. They are all great expect for Full Throttle, which actually sucks big time. I do not understand the love this game gets, it is a BAD point and click adventure. Go ahead and change my mind.

I also really like Monkey Island 3, I know 1 and 2 are classics and I love them but I also really like 3 and I wish we would have gotten more games like 3. The Telltale games are...not so good.

If you like some "dirty" adult humour try the Leisure Suit Larry series. Larry 7 is by far my favourite and the most advanced one.

I also REALLY Love The Gene Machine, you can find it for free online nowadays. For some reason nobody on this board seems to know it but it is great!

Attached: The_Gene_Machine_cover.jpg (220x278, 22K)

Attached: 1560084213163.jpg (349x305, 22K)

Reminds me of the top gog review
>However: the game's story and puns are definitely NON-PC, so if you are OK with today's anarchist cartoons, you might have a blast, otherwise look elsewhere.

So The Giant Bomb fags got triggered by it because they thought it was offensive?

This game is a blast from the past and shows what time we've used to live in. Shame the current agenda of EVERYTHING is so god damn PC. Heck it's the reason why I only lurk here and nowhere else. Can't stand the public mentality.

Can somebody explain to me where this picture comes from? I have never seen it before. So is it some promotional art? Is it even box art? What is the story behind this picture. I don't even recall this happening in the game at all or have I forgotten??? Weird way to advertise this game. This doesn't look fun and doesn't represent the game at all. Looks more like a terrible cheap horror game like the 7th Guest.

Attached: toon struck chair.jpg (1550x545, 181K)

Man, he should do a kickstarter to get off his ass or something. Unless he did and I forgot about it.

These
and I'd add Sanitarium, King's Quest 6 (the only good one), Day of the Tentacle, I Have no Mouth and I Must Scream and the entire Myst series.

>Cool World adventure game
>Objective is to get laid, lay Holli Wood, or keep other people from getting laid.

I think that would work in this day.

>tfw you turn her into a submissive bitch who will do anything you say

Attached: Milo hype.jpg (480x499, 21K)

I don't recall, but that sounds familiar

Youre only saying that because she walks around with her fluff hanging out.

>sanitarium

I still can't decide what the plot was.

Attached: sanitarium.jpg (640x480, 70K)

>Christopher Lloyd
>High profile

Just because the guy was very good didnt mean he was high profile, like Raul Julia.

>newgrounds.com/portal/view/551921

because of you I am watching all of golfinho's animations again and I feel like an edgy kid even though I am in my 30s. once newgrounds is gone this will be lost forever since youtube are faggots.

fucking something like that would be like a double pussy

non American cover art I think

>Big bad looks like something from an independant horror project.
>His henchmen are blocked out figures.

High iq stuff when you think anout it.

Had a stroke and STILL does VA work. Nigga's got heart.

Well at that time he had some high back to the future fame.

This is miss fortune say something nice about her!

Attached: 56803124-37A3-4C17-B190-6C8CD61A9602.jpg (861x530, 73K)

Well I have posted the Euro cover art before. It is THIS one which is just great so I don't know the origin of the GOG picture.

I am glad we've managed to bump this thread so much that it is still alive after all those hours. It almost 404ed at the beginning but I have spammed the fuck out of it and I also thank the guy who gave me all that inside info. Best thread I had in the past 5 years.

edit: damn can't post the euro cover again. its the 3d CGI one with the clown and the balloon animal.

Best obscure waifu desu

Attached: FC23EF78-9A5A-4EF1-914D-6E7ACAA81EC2.jpg (793x459, 54K)

your eyes look sketchy ma'am

Whaaaaat?!

Attached: 5772CFE1-CA20-4E49-AE3D-7CD8BE128D94.jpg (684x476, 59K)

>catnip

Someone really needs to put up the high quality sprites

Attached: F0A47AB4-CF22-40F5-B7D0-D280D667AB7A.jpg (473x338, 33K)

Bend over

Attached: Shades.gif (500x280, 381K)

Attached: 09108687-1123-4EC6-9634-DD7EACD6EA24.jpg (195x206, 17K)

>Games for Windows Live

Nah it bombed since it used that broken piece of shit

I don't thing such thing exist for those old games

Damn

Attached: 83696E0F-6086-40F3-BADC-D3B9BA778DD8.jpg (109x172, 9K)

Damn

Attached: C9CD639F-E5BD-4A45-AAE1-08112AB3133E.jpg (91x197, 9K)

While he could have been more creative I will commend protag for totally taking advantage of the situation once the obstacle to progress was dealt with

Point and clicks are seriously the dumbest genre ever made
>We can create these really interesting characters and worlds that don't exist in much in any other genre
>But the gameplay is about solving cryptic nonsense and it takes 2 hours to beat with a guide

Attached: 1445784679090.jpg (900x900, 105K)

I’m mad she doesn’t do more desu

Attached: F9DB16A6-7096-4936-A9E2-B3E0DE3910E0.jpg (226x205, 15K)

Flux Wildly = Fucks wildly?

He's such a weirdo...

Perfect male shortstack material

Attached: flux.jpg (377x436, 15K)

>tfw we will never see part 2 where she shows up again helping the hero team and serving protag

Attached: Sad Gandhi.gif (512x384, 1.82M)

How can any other obscure waifu even compete?

Attached: C252414A-4E50-4FC6-8BEB-C41FD0B8979D.jpg (647x382, 48K)

I thought he was voiced by Jason Alexander at first.

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (600x600, 35K)

Nah, she’d be the villain, seeking revenge for the hypno, considering how easy to break out of it is

Attached: E4592ED3-CABF-4127-8440-80B10AFDCD81.jpg (594x457, 45K)

This is the US box.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1599x1200, 261K)

>She proceeds to just get hypno'd again

Would suck if his commands before he left hadn't gotten a nod or something

Did any of her commands stick when she interrogated him? I keep forgetting.
Also you can’t tell without context weather she’s the one hypnotizing or the one getting hypnoed

Attached: C1CFBAA4-8019-44BD-943C-C3D3FD8A64B7.jpg (1152x720, 90K)

She mainly stuck with direct commands like "tell me x" not lingering commands. Protag used lingering ones on her before he continued onward

This is apparently Spain's box.

Now there is game I heard about ages ago.

Well we never really saw her wake up from it. And I don’t really doubt she’d be able to snap out of it.

Although having the villain compliment and flirt the heroes all the time while trying to scratch herself will probably be hilarious.

Attached: 92D66F28-6E28-499A-8C05-A92DF4368D6A.jpg (1152x720, 66K)

Thanks for this op and makers of toonstruck. Great game. Oozes soul

Attached: 1560471686233.jpg (618x741, 75K)

Man, why don't cartoons nowadays have this kind of artstyle? The closest I can think is that new Villainous cartoon, but that's a Mexican cartoon IIRC. Lot of American cartoons feel too... samey. Like they either copy Adventure Time (simple tumblr-esque style) or Gravity Falls (3/4th "calarts" style).

Thanks for that. Well they put the main character on the cover so that's a good thing. I see why the Euro cover is different because we don't like violence and don't have capital punishment.

I like submissive pussies

back in those days it was this or 16 bit top down rpg graphics...

things where different in the 90's and cartoons had shapes and forms back then

Because of the commercialization of cartoons in the west

>want to be an animator
>companies won't hire you unless you got a degree from a renown school
>one of the biggest ones is Calarts
>if you want to get your degree there you either adapt to their way of doing it or you are stuck forever and waste money with each new year you are stuck there

And there aren't really alternatives thanks to all the old animators being 80 year old fossiles who mostly retired already.

It's a good mechanic to hang a story on to. It's much harder to make a plot, setting and set of character appealing if you're making a fps or whatever. The cryptic nonsense are a product of the time where people wanted games to be hard and take a long time to beat.

>go on rule34 because I was curious
>56 pictures
What the fuck?

You will download my game won’t you user?

Attached: 4CC92455-FC1F-4EED-ABED-485240481C81.jpg (829x485, 47K)

I am proud how alive this thread is even if Furrfags kinda ruined it but at least they are keeping it alive. That's a good thing.

This draws attention to ToonStruck.

Make sure to post about your progress in the coming days IF you are even playing the game.

Yeah, right? Why is it so low?

NO!

Attached: just no.jpg (452x413, 63K)

Simon the Sorcerer, The Legend of Kyrandia, The Last Express

Attached: simon7.gif (640x400, 68K)

I already did, good stuff.

Is it really that bad at that school? Do they actually force the artstyle on students like that?

Why not a traditional RPG with fully animated cutscenes? Now that'd be interesting.

What do you have against the idea of wanting to plow some hot fluffy pussy? Are you a homo?

I just got the wine from the arcade. Heh, prune wine...

Good good.
It’s truly a crime
These posts where almost all me user.
But do not remember that. Go scratch that itch of yours.

Attached: 595EA3C9-C5A2-417A-B157-AA0FC87E083F.jpg (837x508, 60K)

>Why not a traditional RPG with fully animated cutscenes? Now that'd be interesting.
well I think I had some games like that in the past

Sounds neat, any names come to mind?

sega CD onwards, JRPG I forgot it's name but pic related

Attached: 1560475431669.jpg (700x972, 302K)

VERY interesting....

A good one you don't hear often is Discworld Noir.
The previous Discworld games aren't bad, but they consist of 60% references to the books, so if you're not a fan they might lack impact.

Popful Mail?

this

Ya know, with remastered animation and use of the unused assets, Toonstruck could make for a great TV show or movie. Or maybe a remaster of the original game with high quality footage and animation. I know very well those original masters exist somewhere, might as well put them to good use ya know?

She looks unusually cuter when hypnotized. Huh...

it could be but it didn't gain followup or a strong fanbase so...

Attached: 01.jpg (640x480, 276K)

Attached: DZtVWR2VMAAUELq.jpg (640x480, 87K)

Then let's try our best to make this game popular through word of mouth. Nothing wrong with a cult following, amirite???

shep

you are a dreamer, but it's ok

With Madonna boobs

Ah, well consider me a fan after getting it for free yesterday.

It's just wool.

Madonna wool

I am very much a dreamer

Enjoy the game!

Lol
That'll sound great in pitch/sales meeting.
>"People love our game when they get it for free"

thanks OP

I miss the 90's anime and western stiles

Day of the Tentacle
Larry series (go from the beginning)
Police Quest series (go from the beginning)
Space Quest
King's Quest
Fester Mudd

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
Thimbleweed Park

Gabriel Knight for more stupid sexy Tim Curry.

Actually this was her hypnotizing the player.
This is her hypnotized

Attached: 5B36BD6A-7952-48F0-9985-2021468DFD86.jpg (1152x720, 120K)

Granted as a kid I thought there was something sexy about her and the pink bunny from Tiny Toon adventure but nowadays I'm attracted to human females .

> I know very well those original masters exist somewhere

Why do you know this?

>Fester Mudd

And here I thought I know every adventure. This is a new one for me.

>It was originally meant to be a trilogy, but some time during the development of the second episode, the project was cancelled

Oh yeh another one of those stinkers. As if toon struck wasn't frustrating enough. I always wanted a western point and click that doesn't suck though. Freddy Parker was awful and so was three skulls of the Toltecs

It's alright, just never finished.

Worth a play if you like these games.

Wikipedia says it's an Android game. I'm running Android 9 on a new device and I can't see it in the android store. What the fuck is that shit!? It suggests leisure suit Larry reloaded (which is just awful) and broken sword. So why don't I get fester Mudd? I would have bought it.

She tried her best

Weren’t there news somewhere in. 2010 about rebooting toonstruck into a grim-dark hack and slash platformer like DMC?

What didn't you get? The plot is pretty straight fowards after a while.
>MC used to work for a big pharma type company
>he was working on a cure for a deadly new disease that affects mostly young kids (basically the genophage).
>MC is obsessed with finding the cure, since his sister died because of it (which is why there are those kids, the little girl MC and other pieces of child related imagery in the game)
>MC's boss is more interested in pushing a expensive treatment that only reduces the effects of the disease.
>MC finds a cure in some South American jungle place
>Comes back to his corp. boss and shares research with greedy boss.
>Greedy Boss cuts the MC's breaks in the hope of SA-ing that Ellusive Target that keeping all the money from the more expensive treatment drug following to the corps bank account.
>MC is now in a dream coma and must show the will to live to wake up.
>Game happens
Done.

>Toon May Cry
>Starring Christopher Lloyd as Dante Blanc

>I always wanted a western point and click that doesn't suck though. Freddy Parker was awful and so was three skulls of the Toltecs
Give Dead Horizon a look. You can get it for free on Steam.

Oh well don't know why it isn't in the play store. I googled for it and the first result was the APK so I pirated it even though I would have wanted to buy it

It's on PC

That would be...interesting