Zelda Lore thread

>What is a Zelda lore thread?
Where a bunch of autists, specializing in one fantasy setting grasp at straws to make their wildest dreams come true. Much like ancient aliens.
>What about the timeline?
Nintendo doesn't really care, but we do.
>Man this is autistic
It's fun

Today's agenda: Ancient Hyrulian aliens. Fact? or Fiction?
BotW2 Ganondorf is TP Ganondorf

Attached: them__from_majora_s_mask_by_vulpes_bicaudata_d46sdmp-fullview.png (900x504, 268K)

The aliens are from the moon from MM and are the ones crashing it onto Earth

>smash threads daily on Yea Forums
>when there is >>/vg/
>even got a sticky on Yea Forums

Attached: 1547235696140.jpg (250x196, 13K)

There was nothing on the moon but Majora though.

FUCK YOU! DON'T DISPROVE ME! REEEEEEEEEE

What is Majora's mask even made of though? Wood? Clay? Who the fuck made it and why? Too seal the evil? I thought that was the master swords job.

Majora's Maks is made 90% with reused assets from Ocarina of Time.

How did Nintendo get away with this?

Even if BOTW isn't in any timeline. I believe it belongs in the "Hero has Failed" branch. Fight me, niggers.

Attached: IMG_20190515_152752.jpg (750x738, 67K)

because story=gameplay>graphics

this

Unless after Ganondorf lost the triforce of power zelda brought it back together and did some stupid monkey paw wish of "Bring all the lands of Hyrule back together after these troubling time". Triforce not know exactly which lands she was talking about just slammed all the lands of hyrule over all the timelines together with TP as the base.

Attached: d499e78a8a2fb88141b0c8552b64dd86d9a34bea689b8f99e0a974706d87e46d.png (1152x1436, 1.51M)

It has Koroks so its in the Windwaker time line you retard

Then where did the Gerudo come from? They'll all dead after Ganondorf got sealed in the WW timeline.

You people do realize that the cronology doesn't make sense because they didn't really think or worry about being consistent when making the games, and they just have some similar stuff with the other games at times or make a reference to them, and that's it, right?

There's an official book though. I wouldn't think nintendo would stoop to the "It just works" Todd level either.

Attached: 1539087972296.png (694x530, 511K)

they just tried to push a timeline thing for enthusiasts to be hooked, 's all

It wasn't any evil it was that specific deity known as Majora. It's very likely it was made in a time there was no Hero around.
Even then iirc there's a story where a Link like guy carves the mask after slaying a monster.

Its still Official lore though. Unlike cdi.

Attached: original.jpg (700x394, 105K)

Aounuma has admitted multiple times to that though. They just make a game they want to make with whatever characters and settings they want and at the end they put in a modest effort to tie it all in but they really don’t give a fuck

I know whe's hand it is.
WE'RE GETTING AN OFFICIAL TIE IN BOIS!

Attached: Dr.Claw.png (630x470, 248K)

Based. In a game series named LEGEND of Zelda people shouldn't care about lore unless one game is explicitly said to take place after the other

Like BotW 2. So we have to take into account all the lore because it meets your requirement.

With the information we do have... It's what the fuck ever and probably a mix of retconning or even a new timeline split.

Ganondorf's soul becomes the first and only known host to Demise's Curse/Blessing of his hatred for the Royal Bloodline and Link. He has never truly died, leaving said curse within him. He's also the one destined to possess the Triforce of Power.

The only character confirmed to be genuinely reincarnated is Zelda, with the blood of the goddess. Link is confirmed to either be a direct descendant or a new bloodline entirely.

After the events of The Hero has Fallen timeline, Ganon remains in his beast form entirely and becomes a mindless beast after several botched resurrections.

It's safe to rule out The Hero has Fallen due to the face that the only timelines that contain Ganondorf still in his human form, and not a brainless power fueled beast, are the TP and WW splits

Going down either of those lines leaves a lot of continuity errors/liberties.
> TP has no Korok or Rito
WW has only one Zora and that's as a spirit

> But Zora are the pre-evolved Rito!
WW takes place ~100 years after OoT, even with magical forces at hand that's a short time to give such a large evolutionary change.

I could think of more, but thanks for reading my blog.

Attached: 1505437481820.gif (640x360, 1.06M)

>Gerudo only appear in the the TP timeline with the exception of Ganondorf in WW. The ghost hand is likely Nabooru being the only Gerudo to oppose Ganondorf during his rise to power in OoT, all the sealing is in Gerudo, and the Gerudo divine beast Vah Naboris is directly named after Nabooru.

Attached: why.png (1920x2160, 3.27M)

As much as I'd like to see Nabooru return, I doubt that.

I'm leaning towards the hand being Sheikah or even less likely being Twili.

The Gerudo are known to have witches. Not only that but every old Gerudo witch has those really bare bone hands and some type of robe. First thing I thought of when seeing this were the hands of twinrova.

Attached: vs21jnwxgr331.jpg (1136x537, 134K)

What if all the dungeons in BOTW2 are the tombs of past Links and contained their dungeon items?

Tomb of Legend = Power Bracelet
Tomb of the Past = Hookshot
Tomb of Time = Lens of Truth
Tomb of Awakening = Roc’s Feather
Tomb of Wind = Windwaker
Tomb of the Four Swords = The Four Sword (Used like Vergil’s summon swords)
Tomb of Minish = Mole Mitts
Tomb of Twilight = Ball and Chain
Tomb of Soaring Skies = Hook Beetle
Tomb of Worlds Between = Ravio’s Bracelet (Allows Link to turn into an 8 bit Zelda II Sprite and travel along walls Odyssey style)

Any more canon links I’m forgetting? Some Links are in multiple games. Awakening is in Ages and Seasons too right?

Attached: 080EA246-A2BD-4E03-8393-D31E244A0003.jpg (1024x1024, 107K)

No, the aliens were only trying to help evacuate the planet before the moon came down.

It would be interesting to see that the Gerurdo are responsible for the seal on their own "king". Riju made it very clear of her hatred for Ganondorf and I'm sure other Gerudo feel similarly for how he tainted the already poor image of the Gerudo in his betrayal of the Kingdom of Hyrule.

Interesting idea, but I'd see the items being done differently as it looks like this story is going to be taken more seriously than the previous installment, but I'm sure it'll still have light moments.

It's strange. Looking that hat shadow, I feel like I recognize that sillhouette but I can't tell why.
Like, the weird geometric things coming off the arm look so familiar but I don't know from what.

Same. I feel like it's on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't figure it out.

I'm leaning towards it being a new entity still. None of the characters I've thought to compare are adding up completely.

I just want a bigger health bar
If the heart meter is bigger, I'll preorder it

>actual videogame thread
loooooool this thread needs more twitter screencaps.

Yeah, nothing quite works.
My first thought was true form midna since Twili have a very geometric design on their arms, but it doesn't match the gold things at all and only a part of her hand matches the color of the hand in the trailer.
We have a few villains that fit the hand shape, but not quite the gold bits. And they wouldn't make sense anyways.

Attached: latest[1].png (600x1200, 301K)

Yeah me too. Only thing I could dig up we the jutting L shapes at the top of the thunder helm

Attached: 20401.png (750x650, 190K)

Not to mention its an all cast gold like the hand as well as the 6 gems being the same shade as the luminus stones and the hand itself.

oops meant.

Ganondorf's sword from WW also has similar L shapes but like the crown they always reach inward.

Attached: Ganondorf's sword.png (196x787, 64K)

The twili also do that same inward reaching L shape though it seems they work more flat colors like silver or stone.

Attached: Minda.jpg (170x297, 9K)

>reuse designs
>trick audience into thinking it's lore
wew

Attached: 1466488241339.gif (324x221, 2.93M)

You do believe in evolution? if you do, that is your anwser.

What's the general consensus on Termina?

Dream? Alternate reality? Punishment for denying the gods?

The arm is actually ezlo and link and zelda have to shrink for "dried out ganon's inside story"

The final dungeon is fixing his enlarged prostate

Let me take my Autism to the next level.

Attached: The Next Level.png (750x787, 490K)

I don't believe the Hero Failed timeline needed to exist. Hear me out.

Link has to time travel at least twice in OoT, and each time he changes something significantly. The takeaway for me is there is only one Link and there exists two timelines where Link was absent until the soul of the hero reformed in another vessel
>First timeline - original timeline where Link is a child and meets Zelda, exists up until Link witnesses Naborru being kidnapped changing the timeline. Naborru is not rescued in this timeline due to it existing as a separate branch from the future timeline. This, due to the absence of Link, becomes the defacto Hero Failed timeline
>Second timeline - timeline that Link exists in the future, which does have Link after he returns, and where Link rescues Naborru and goes on to defeat Ganon, then disappears from the timeline after being sent back by Zelda. Defacto Hero Wins timeline
>Third timeline - Link never helps Naborru in the first as he is returned further in time than previously, and warns Zelda of Ganondorf, OoT never happens, and Link disappears in to the forest.

It could also explain Link searching for Navi - she was never introduced to Link by the Deku Tree due to him returning sooner.

Three timelines, easily explained, without resorting to Link "failing".

If I remember correctly BotW 1 mentions Link's father had ties to the royal family. Do you guys think we will learn more about Link's family in BotW 2 and could his dad have been a previous Link?

I believe it's a fourth timeline. Koroks, Ritos, Zoras, and Gerudos can't all exist at once. The real question is how this fourth timeline came to be.

Doubt it. There games like Link to the Past where they have ties. He sits in near the same spot as link to the past where Link is knighthood.