Attached: switch.jpg (740x420, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.com/switch/
youtu.be/KzODUFMymv4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes
no
maybe

Nope, the right stick placement makes the Switch the worst handheld ever made from an ergonomic standpoint.

I forgot to say that I also have a Pro controller. comfy as fuck

I wish there was a version without screen and more power for this purpose.

Yes

Can you repeat the question?

I can't do portable for very long. Only for flights or whatever, even then only like 30 min.

I don't know

This is the thing that's holding me back from buying one. I live in the middle of nowhere so I can't try one out. Is it really that bad?

yeah I've never done portable either, I like taking screenshots and portable mode is low resolution meaning low res screenshots

don't believe him

95% docked
5% portable

Attached: 1557717827557.jpg (1044x800, 643K)

No, and that's fine.
It's meant to cater to both sides.

So you live alone and never go anywhere?

Should've bought a Wii U used then.

Where do you think we are?

Attached: image_2.png (138x131, 33K)

100% portable
0% docked for me

depends on what games im playing desu
although i almost exclusively play on docked mode i started playing a lot on portable mode recently because im playing all the classic sonic games and its so fucking comfy playing them on my bed

When i go out i do stuff i don’t have time to sit on some bench and play like a retard.

>playing with your switch outside
what are you a virgin?

95% portable
5% docked
I like to play in my bed or on a table.

This is me. Maybe 90/10. Sometimes I'll want to grind down a few maps in Hyrule Warriors before bed or dick around shitposting here in-between splatfest matches.

100% plugged into the wall and under the blankets

No. I dont like mobile gaming. I have to be in a certain head space to play games and running around while doing shit is not where that head space can thrive.

No.

Something like 80% handheld, 20% docked for me right now, I used to play it docked more often, but I've been mainly focusing on jrpgs nowadays and those are great handheld. I've been playing Doom docked though.

I am the opposite

Imagine having a tv that supports docked..

Shilltendo lies.

>going out just to sit somewhere and play on your switch like an asshole

Attached: 1542564760968.jpg (570x570, 29K)

Yep, sometimes I'll just take it out of the dock to walk around the house for some dumb reason or maybe to bother someone else while still playing

Up until recently It's been used mostly for docked play but I've been using it in portable mode to watch something while playing casually.

When I fly I go to places like Orlando for theme parks and pools and beaches and Utah to visit state parks and shit.

I literally can't think of a worse experience than bringing a switch with me to any of these places.

This, the benefit of portability has always been exclusively for when i stay at my GF’s house to play vidya because there’s no way i’m bringing a home console for that.

Toilet

and now that I think about it, I can't see myself using it outside from home unless I would happen to be traveling somewhere or staying at someone's home for a couple of days.

No he's just shitposting, at worst it'll take a couple of days to get used to it

Is there a way to tell how much you use both? Does the system keep track?

I would play portable if the joycons weren't so shit. Mine are drifting and it pisses me off.

Shut it down jannies, they realized the portable meme was a lie.

100% portable

I brought it along a vacation to Anaheim with a couple of girls. They really appreciated the normie shit like Mario Kart.

>docked when at home
>portable while at uni since I dont have a TV at my place
its been nice that I dont have to wait until im back home if I want to play a new switch game like I need to with new PS4 exclusives. Same with all the xbox games; dont have to wait since everything is on pc now and I can just use my laptop when I dont have access to my desktop

I have no TV i'm 100% portable

Never going to happen. Notice the title of the main Switch page on nintendo.com

>nintendo.com/switch/
>Official Site - Portable Nintendo Gaming System

Switch will always be a portable system first, home console second.

My little sister lost the right joy con

Attached: 15435346888.png (400x388, 137K)

I almost exclusively play undocked, but not necessarily outside the house. Switch is what I play when someone is using the TV or a couple hours before sleeping.

A worse experience would be getting kidnapped or mugged while at those places.

I assume you meant for I hope you’re wrong, i loved the Wii U and 3DS, the Switch could be the same but with an unified library, i just need a Switch mini with no detachable joycons with a real d-pad and a Switch TV that is built to stand the test of time.

90% portable
I just end up using my PC otherwise.

I pretty much play exclusively handheld unless I just got a new game and want to see how it looks ln my TV

>So you live alone
what does that have to do with anything

You know where it is, she wants big bro to "fish" it out owo

how about you fuck off before i find you and lay your ass out you fucking pedophile

Portable gaming never made any sense to me
If I'm out of my house why would I want to play video games? I'll have other things to do, people to talk to, an entire (real) world to interact with.
I travel in a bus for like 1 hour per day, but I use that time to study. I'd also feel bad in using my Switch there because I know it's a very frail machine.
Only time I ever made use of the portability is when traveling.

Attached: 1551843990460.jpg (540x732, 74K)

75% portable, 25% docked

The advantage of using it while in bed, on my computer, or while my roommate wants to watch some dumb shit on the TV is great.

He's just giving you friendly advice. Geez

Why wouldn't you take advantage of the portability from time to time? Getting your car inspected? Waiting at the doctor? Play a little Switch.

For when you want to play vidya while eating food or on break

Somewhere around this, maybe 90-10. If I go sit out back with the dogs on their ropes (no backyard fence), I'll play out there. That's it.

80/20 for me.

Attached: Jellybeannose7.webm (800x450, 2.89M)

No I'm like 80% portable 20% docked

That sounds terrible.

naturally every household only has a single tv and no method of streaming on other platforms so if somebody wants to watch television then you have to submit the television to them and go portable and sit in your basement where you belong.

I only use mine docked when my niece comes round and wants to play
Thank fuck for Brook converters letting me use a PS4 pad instead of the shitty joycons though
Don't even suggest the pro pad, they cost about twice as much as the Brook converter did and that also lets me use my arcade stick

I want to rub my dick on those thighs

My hands cramp or fall asleep after a while

I always have mine in the dock, because I don't like playing with the joycons. They're way to flimsy for me.

I'm at like 60% handheld and 40% docked
And I play handheld mode even when I could be playing it docked

I mostly use it docked, it only gets played on portable when I want to watch TV and my wife’s son wants to play it.

What 3rd world country are you from? Canada?

yeah, you are the only one. such a special snowflake

Same too, found this too often with games I didn't have difficulties before, reason? Your hands are too goddamn big, seriously, get a bigger controller, nintendo shit is kiddie sized, so no wonder

This. I used to play my DS all the fucking time in high school because I was always way ahead on my work. At university I'd sometimes play it during my breaks in classes when I didn't feel like walking all the way back to my room, but like you said eventually I had to fill that time with work/study. Even then though playing the smaller DS in public felt dumb enough, I feel like pulling out a switch in public is worse somehow

I used to play it portable only but then got a new TV. I had the old TV for almost 10 years and the picture quality had gone bad and the color had discolored in certain spots which is why I didn't play the Switch on it. Now I pretty much play in docked mode. The picture looks so much better on the TV than the Switch's screen. I'm spoiled to it.

Dude TVs are dirt cheap now, this isn't the 90s anymore.

No battery, no display, dock "included" by design, you'd hope it would be fairly easy to pull off.

No way. 720p on a TV that you're used to seeing only 1080i/p onlooks horrendous. Handheld though looks good.

200 dollarydoos too.

Attached: Jellybeannose2.webm (316x668, 1.49M)

I wish the system OS would tell you your percentage of each. And I wish it had the play log from the Wii U shit was cash

>I know it's a very frail machine
The Switch isn't frail at all. It can take a lot of abuse.

60% Docked
40% Portable
When I’m at Uni I’m using handheld like 60% of the time and hanging out with friends. At home I’m docked almost all the time.

I go 50/50 for when i feel like playing games in bed or sitting on my desk
The battery is so shit its not worth taking it outside

I can’t imagine owning a switch and not taking advantage of playing video games in bed. You don’t deserve it.

>no netflix app

Attached: 5D2597CB-CDC2-4CF2-B8D0-3C12FB4FDE44.gif (220x261, 31K)

Attached: look_at_thighs.jpg (419x358, 80K)

Which sonic games are on switch?

you know i honestly hate women that dress like this, but apparently if i say that it means i'm "jealous" or "unhappy with my body", no i just don't like obnoxious sluts

hulu, nigga

>displays hours spent in apps to the fucking world
it's a blessing there's no netflix app

>Disgusting horse faced white trash with a long nose
no thanks

Same here
Unless you count taking it out to use RCM

>hulu

Attached: 1376973586251.jpg (329x399, 20K)

Happy 18 birthday OP.

100% docked + Pro controller

Attached: 1560534710977.jpg (2448x3264, 703K)

I think my brain is wired wrong as for some reason modestly dressed girls get me going where as I feel very little when they are dressed like this
Except for anything with thigh highs, that little bit of thigh hnnng

1 2 and CD on the genesis collection

You look like an autist if you use it outside, I've seen people on the train pull theirs out and everyone gives them a weird look

I do this.

Compared to wiiu gamepad it feels like garbage, quality and ergonomically wise.

I've been interested in getting a Switch but idk if it's worth getting now or waiting for the pro model to come out. I just wish there was a date announced for its release.

thigh highs are acceptable

I've had my swtich for a year now.
I'm inclined to agree.

Same here. Docked 99% percent of the time, and have pro controller. The only time it comes out of the dock is when I'm retrieving screenshots from the SD card.

This, whenever I'm playing longer then 30 minutes in handheld my hands starts tingle or fall asleep.

sexually preying on children isn't friendly

If it was around the vita size then people might not look at them like that.
Cause the Switch is a HUGE handheld and if you got the red/blue joycons then that shit stands out even more.

Attached: Bijin Onna Joushi - c025 p06.jpg (600x743, 132K)

-undocking your switch to put TV on the background
-undocking your switch to get some picross in before bed
-Undocking your switch and using headphones so roomates don't hear and see what your playing.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-25 at 11.19.23 AM.png (448x574, 452K)

Feels good being a Grey Joycon chad.

They are more than acceptable, they damage my brain so hard I have no idea why

100% don’t use it anymore because there are no good games on it

if you miss such obvious sarcasm then I feel a level of pity I can't quite put into words for both of you.

The Joycons mene really ruined what would otherwise be the perfect Nintendo consoles.

We lost a real D-Pad and the ability to play portably without your hands bleeding due to the right stick, and for what? Who actually uses the joycons as 2 controllers? What a pointless gimmick.

>50% Portable
>40% Docked
>10% Tabletop

That is the shittiest idea I've ever heard.
>"Let's remove the ONE thing that makes this console unique! That'll surely do well."

I’m the complete opposite.

Attached: 5645647.jpg (381x381, 36K)

You’re not the boss of me now.

100% docked
100% pro controller
since I bought it.

You know the rules. Post 'em.

I use mine exclusively in dock mode anyway, if losing the gimmick meant a cheaper model then I'd get it.

Throw in the pro controller too because the default joycons feel like shit, especially for bigger hands, getting one of these was pretty much mandatory if you dont want to fuck up your hands.

Attached: download.jpg (269x187, 6K)

It’s just a different SKU retard, enjoy your tablet dying in a few years.

No one wants to be see outside with one

Attached: 09473DBF-F717-46B9-AB11-EA9B87AA2F29.jpg (576x1024, 95K)

Joke's on you, I don't have a Switch. Either way I detest the idea of a Pro Switch or a screenless Switch. Seems utterly pointless for them to do.

You sound terrible

Hey that's me :)

90% docked
10% portable
Although that's because I buy mostly games that doesn't run well in portable mode.

Considering it would be a Shield TV with +1GB of RAM, that should be an entirely reasonable pricepoint honestly.

>99% docked
>1% portable
The portable mode hurts my hands after a while.

the people who own switches dont want to be seen outside period.

>100% Portable when the Joy-Cons aren't drifting.
>100% Docked when the Joy-Cons are drifting.
I need to get a new set of Joy-Cons, hopefully ones where the root of the drifting issue is fixed.

It might fit well in the hands of a 9 year old.

75% portable 25% docked, I'm almost never home

Considering how well the Switch is coming and all those upcoming games that, Nintendo had no reason to release a new model.

I'm the opposite actually
I don't feel like getting ouf of bed
Plus i got family always hogging the tv

man I just want there to be a portable switch. A real portable, not removable joycons. I just want to play Luigi's Mansion 3.

Pretty much. I very rarely play handheld and only when I'm in bed.

Docked for Smash and Splatoon with Controller
Portable for rest in bed.
I never remove my joycons so they will never get loose

It's shit, but it is great despite being shit.

95% portable
5% docked (For when friends come over to play smash)

YAH- WAH- HOO!

Attached: 1539551900647s.jpg (208x250, 8K)

that's not a switch anymore

The buttons are fucking minuscule, and arranged in such a way that if you want to touch half the buttons you'll be moving the right stick accidentally all the time. They are, literally, the worst controller I have ever held.

Apply electrical tape on the lower sides of the tablet.

The only time I do this is when family is cooking a holiday dinner so I'll sit in the kitchen with my Switch.
Otherwise I just play in docked mode.

Go back to r/Yea Forums

You're not alone

Attached: Nintendo fans prefer Switch docked 4 to 1.png (585x492, 306K)

Doesn't it bends for leaving it docked too much time?

>pedophilia and incest are the peak of humor and if you disagree you are le plebbit

terrible bait

this. The muscles in the hand literally get used to it. As for OP, for me it's more like 99%handheld, 1%docked. Also I've heard of people ruining their battery life from leaving Switch in dock forever plugged in / charging.

There's a feature on the switch where you can push on the controller in the menu and it will make the joycon vibrate. So if you go room to room and listen (and if there's battery in it still) you can find it

80-20 here

I would take it out more but I'm in my 30's and I feel like shit playing games around normies.

Great for planes and car trips, plus it shits on the casual phone niggers 100% of the time.

I feel like handheld systems give a lot of flexibility to where and how you play when at home too. You could play in your bedroom, you could play in your kitchen, you could play in the bathroom. And you can sit anywhere and however you want.

Nope. I only use it docked as well.

Why pay for a screen that you never used, and planned obsolescence in the battery? You do know that the Switch works like a cell phone, it can't be powered without a battery, and with it left on the dock it will ware out fast.

Yeah have fun making a level in Mario Maker on docked mode.

>wrong
liking cute is not wrong, cute is justice

You don't understand, its really really attractive to me. You'd think seeing stuff would get me going more than a modest fully clothed woman but it doesnt
Thigh highs are the one exception, I have no idea why they do what they do to me. I am debilitated just thinking about them

no, it's a console, portable mode is for social failures who are very much on the spectrum

Literally this, joycons are such shitty controllers...

Attached: Apps.jpg (1280x720, 295K)

I wish there was a proper handheld version of the switch.

70 docked, 30 portable

That's exactly how I treat you mom.

Someone is about to sell me Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe used for 50€ both. Good deal?

not really
there are plenty of people who like modest and/or cutesy clothing more than sexy stuff
it's not like there's any lack of tomboy lovers out there for example, and they outright wear men's clothing

Attached: 1eb00f53ffd0d620369f25d53b9d9996.png (650x1000, 601K)

100% docked.

That will change when Animal Crossing releases though.

Gonna take my Switch to Uni and back, because I have to go by train for 30 Minutes each.

>had my switch since launch fay
>havent opened up the dock or controller attachment yet
I bought it to be my handheld, otherwise ill just play my ps4 pro or pc

When I say modest I don't mean cutesy clothing
The reason people like tomboys is more the personality than clothes

You can always hide it user

yeah that's why i said and/or cutesy, the point is that just because sexy clothing is the most popular doesn't mean there aren't people with divergent tastes
"sexy" clothing is the least attractive kind to me in most cases

Attached: winter-coat.jpg (954x1107, 161K)

Yes

95% handheld
5% docked
The only time I dock is to charge it or play Smash when friends are over.
I mostly play handheld at my desk when I'm watching shit or out in my backyard. Only problem is the joycons are a bit small for my hands so I hope those big ass joycons Hori is releasing will be good.

Attached: 1368765841203.jpg (298x251, 25K)

nah kill yourself pedos and yiffers burn in hell

Just get these when Hori releases them

youtu.be/KzODUFMymv4

Attached: Screenshot_20190615-100221_YouTube.jpg (2560x1600, 941K)

99% handheld. I have only played my Switch docked 2 times since I bought it over a year ago. There is no reason to connect it to a tv just to make all the games look far worse and I hate sitting on the couch it's so uncomfortable.

I personally find it incredibly uncomfortable. It's not as bad playing 2D games that don't use the right stick, but it still isn't great.

Only play bigger games docked.

Games like Skyrim, Fast RMX, Xenoblade, Zelda, etc. Everything else is lying on the couch absentmindedly watching Netflix or some shit

Same. I sometimes like to chill on my bed so I wouldn't really like a non-portable edition

Explain this pic

Those XYAB buttons looks cheap as fuck.

No, Nintendo should stop trying gimmicks like this

5% docked
95% portable

It's exactly how I used the WiiU. This system was designed for me.

90% portable
10% docked

>100% docked
>0% played
That's mine

>100% portable
I don't have a tv

>Thief
>Allowed to have an opinion
Pick one.

that's a prototype version, they already confirmed that the final version will use different material

40% docked
60% portable
I work all over the place so play it a lot travelling and in between meetings.

Portable mode is useless and the console is even MORE shit in portable mode, where everything is unbelievably blurry/runs like shit.

No fucking thanks.

I hate that Game of Thrones Flayed Man banner X button.

What's unique about it? The PSP fucking had video out retard.

Only people that play portable are:
>Poorfags without a TV and/or living with fucking parents still
>Poorfags that use public transportation
>Children/Manchildren that need to bring videogames with them wherever they go because its part of their "identity"

In brief, only losers use portables, moreso Nintendo ones.

Attached: 1560534448920.jpg (3264x2448, 713K)

try harder

for me it's
>0% docked
>100% portable
all the games look better on the smaller screen anyway + I can play with pro controller even on the go

Try what? Post more facts about the shit console?

Keep it up, it's hilarious.

but how would I hack it if it were always docked? It's more like 98% docked 2% installing games via usb

What hilarious about it? You disillusion towards a piece of plastic?

Based, only retards dont hack their Switch since its a huge ripoff nogames machine.

0% Docked
0% Portable
100% Wii U

Playing on handheld mode hurts my hands/wrists, it gets uncomfortable real fast. If I try to do tabletop instead, my neck ends up hurting for having to constantly look down since just about all tables are low as fuck.

This seems like a good idea.
>no gyro or rumble
Into the trash it goes.

Attached: D8-8J-aU0AA2poS.jpg (1492x580, 61K)

>never going to happen

Attached: vita tv.jpg (640x353, 20K)