Your thoughts on Joseph Anderson?

Your thoughts on Joseph Anderson?

Attached: 1559736642242.png (1335x1305, 3.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wmDs_fuVi2c
youtu.be/hWimIgDfvW8
youtube.com/watch?v=hWimIgDfvW8
youtu.be/JGGRq2AnHFM
youtube.com/watch?v=0lhy9QnBHmo
youtube.com/watch?v=kFC6mDKF-0c
youtube.com/watch?v=-ZzxKLZJtUo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i have never heard of this videogame

His novels have fantastic titles

Videos are too long but his analysis is generally well supported by evidence. His main selling point is that he critiques a wider range of content than most other vidya critics (who mostly stick to singleplayer titles.

on youtube: okay if he isn't ranting and likes the game and it isn't a video over 30 minutes
on stream: adhd cuckoo
irl: white trash with 2 accident children

based

what do people see in him? he's not a very good critic

Attached: ja.jpg (1466x616, 197K)

his shortest 2 videos are the most viewed and most well scripted ones

>his shortest 2 videos are the most viewed

his most viewed video is 2,5 hours long

THE

TOWN

NIGGERS

some of the most vapid criticisms of games I've ever heard.
I watched his video of Mario Odyssey before I even had a switch, just played Odyssey and honestly I fucking love that game.

yeah but did you see how much time the moon collect scene takes collectively? youtu.be/wmDs_fuVi2c

The stream made him stupid

His videos are long and not too poorly edited so people equate that with quality. Besides that most people who'd go out of their way to watch long ass videos covering games are autists who think that vapid surface-level criticism and pedantic wankery are the pinnacle of critique. Likely also helps that he mostly only covers timely/popular games.

Listing examples has diminishing returns and that's all he does

his early streams were pretty good but then he became self referrential to a fault, running memes that were not even funny to begin with into the ground.

lmao he's such a weird little nerd. reminds me of egoraptor complaining that ocarina of time had chest opening and door opening animations. I think the game would probably be a little worse if it didn't play a jingle after every moon but I'm also probably never going to hunt down all 999. It's the most autistic of nitpicking. Why be so negative about a game that is so fucking fun? The only problem is it feels so short.

Who is this fag and what is his obsession with Deathwing?

Witcher vids when

Who?

>Skyrim is the best Elder Scrolls game
>btw I didn't play any of the other ones at all :)
also
>there are no objective opinions

Since YouTube pays out for length of time people watch videos he’s found a niche where he makes retardedly long “analyses”, completely subjective and rarely with any actual insight, so fat friendless cunts watch all the way through allowing them to shitpost on a Peruvian underwater basket weaving bulletin board about games they’ve never even fucking played. He gets rich, they’re retards paying him essentially in their lost time, and the world keeps spinning.

fuck off you e-celeb loving nigger

Attached: 1557335875570.jpg (492x449, 48K)

>fallout 3 bad
>skyrim good
the fuck?

Attached: 1552660101139.jpg (973x1200, 246K)

he's too long winded, even that fallout 76 glich video which I thought would just be a shitposty list he spent like 10 minutes on the first glitch and I just turned off the video because I didn't want to listen to 3 more hours of him explaining shit

OP and his merry band of E-celeb loving faggots should kill themselves post haste

rundown?

it's a painting

He tends to see the trees but not the forest.
Games and fun are not equal to the sum of their specific parts and he lacks the sensibility to realize this hence why he indulges himself in overly long videos that feel like an extensive collection of nitpicks of which he establishes a sum at the end rather than an eloquent, structured opinion that addresses both subjective and objective aspects of the videogame in an enticing way.

Attached: mmtosis.jpg (512x512, 24K)

based

Who?

I didn't like matthewmatosis at first but he grew on me over time and after his "the only thing Link can't mount is Mipha" joke I realized just how well he has perfected his dry, almost autismal delivery

THE DRAGON ON THE BRIDGE LITERALLY KILLED MY FAMILY AND RUINED DARK SOULS I.

fpbp

I got hooked in 2015 to his Zelda and Mario series and the only videos I haven't seen are the ones about games i want to play first. I think he's the best, honestly.

Have you thought about playing games instead? Or perhaps reading a book?

what if he does both AND watches non-blood-related-sister-fucker

I have no opinion on him because I don't watch eceleb shit to know anything about him.

His Danganronopa videos are generally the funniest content I seen on youtube in a while

Dilate game "journalist"

MASSIVE

>WIZARD DRAGON
Cool I want to read this.
>It's actually The WIZARD and the DRAGON
Fuck this gay shit.

does the guy have good jokes or does he just say really stupid shit?

I like to pretend this is some video game whenever I see this faggot dragon getting a thread.

mostly just stupid shit and running memes that get old fast

Massive autist that shovels alot of bullcrap to sound smart. Pic related, the sperg seriously whined because nothing explains how Diamond City gets it's resources. How autistic can a man be? Bugfesta games suck but still...

Attached: falloutnewvegasfags.png (1086x1006, 99K)

nothing puts me to sleep faster. i seriously play them on my phone in bed and i'm out within 10 minutes. the DS videos are my go to. he has some arguments but is WAY overly critical and unbalanced for most games. i'll take him over hhbomberguy though, but that's not saying much.

He mostly jokes about how inane the actual plot of the game is

He was one of the first "critiquers" aka autistic fags with too much time on their hands that nitpick games for much longer than necessary, plus he has a nice voice so it's pretty gud for turning on a video and going to sleep from boredom.

There are plenty of other far better reviewers who release videos in the same format, so he's getting pretty irrelevant.

Attached: 1556139767259.jpg (480x480, 51K)

Based

He's a mega-gaybo that can't even walk in a fucking circle

Attached: 1558534519106.jpg (655x1024, 93K)

>mspaint comic

Really stupid shit. He just acts like he's above every game he plays.

I've never seen someone using so much words for telling absolute nothing, under 100IQ confrmed.

Matosis is still the GOAT but joseph is still comfy to listen to, doens't have too many ultra retarded opinions but at the same time doesn't say anything especially poignant

if polygon/kotaku threads are allowed to stay then e-celebs should be as well. Joe is a retard but he's still a better critic than any """journalist""".

sprinkler

leave hbombersoy to me

Attached: index.png (900x900, 514K)

Struck a nerve? ;-)

I agree with some of his opinions, like BotW and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Did he do that horror game video though where he complained about lack of permadeath? I thought that video was pretty retarded.

I'll always remember the ending of Fallout 3 when your mutant friend tells you to kill yourself, and also the time when you tell a computer to kill itself (which he does)
And also the time when you had to go into the same copypasted metro station like threetimes
Such a stupid fucking game

Absolutely this

Attached: bounty hunters.png (1490x803, 246K)

>words words words
The FO3fags can't meme

Attached: i can't even find the words.jpg (675x1200, 109K)

I know jack shit about Dark Souls. Should I still watch his magnum opus?

Just awful

He's no masterpiece

Bro that shit might not seem important to you, but many find it so, it's supposed to be an RPG first and foremost, the second you start questioning the game your immersion is ruined, not that you'll be immersed in it anyway, fucking piece of shit game, plus, with the settlement bullshit they added in the game, you HAVE to worry about food and water for your settlements, but one of the biggest NPC settlements in the game just magically sustains itself on sunlight and air?

No matter how big something is, it's just a bunch of small details coming together, fuck up the little things, and you end up with a massive pile of steaming garbage.

Bethesda can't make games for shit now, I like 3, but compare the dialogue, quests and storytelling to NV and they are leagues apart, same with Skyrim and FO4, christ I can barely remember a quest or two from 4 that stood out.

Attached: 1523825637777.jpg (378x365, 15K)

sure

Honestly I don't think HBO even produced anything worth taking apart anymore. All of his recent videos are him going for the lowest of hanging fruits, talking about the subject for 3 whole minutes while giggling like a retard, and then blaming everything on sexist xenophobic right-wing youtubers.
The only thing on the horizon where he just might be able to not do that would be his video on Death Note, but that's another low hanging fruit that everybody hates anyway so who cares.

Wait until you see his book titles

Attached: 1543078244137.png (1314x719, 781K)

It's not the titles that are the most glaring, but the stock-free images covers.

Goddamn.

He explains it in enough depth that you don't need to have even heard of dark souls.

Seems to have popularised the term gameplay loop so I've got to thank him for giving us a pretentious faggot detection system.

why does he keep delaying the Witcher 3 videos?

Attached: hamsterson.jpg (2000x1964, 257K)

ahhh the nostalgia

Attached: 260831_art311_x800_box.0.0.jpg (1600x900, 226K)

you still have to be a turboautist to even notice these details though. Also, new vegas faggots need to be knocked down a peg.

Go for it. You might not appreciate the last part where he finally actually critiques DaS2 itself but the preceding 7 or 8 parts are purely him just destroying hbomber's video one line at a time. I find it extremely satisfying seeing someone so smug getting their arguments torn apart so thoroughly.

>man has good videogame opinions
>now exclusively makes videos about capeshit and normie tv shows

Mauler is an equally shit critic to both hbomber and even Joseph Anderson. All Mauler does is state his opinion and then call it objective fact over and over and if anyone tries to call him or his retarded buddy Rags out on their shitty content they invite them onto their podcast and talk shit at the person criticising them and call them stupid until the guy says they're right just so they'll shut up.

Fuck Mauler. Hbomber is a fucking faggot but Mauler is no better just because he makes videos just to counter opinions of people he does not like.

Attached: Fat_Kevin.jpg (293x236, 30K)

who

oy vey that's sexist, shut it down!

Now that’s a soiface if I ever saw one.

>you still have to be a turboautist to even notice these details
You don't dude, even if you didn't notice, Diamond City is as hollow and lifeless as they get, hell, Sanctuary with a little effort becomes more lively than the city they hype up the entire game.

>new vegas faggots need to be knocked down a peg.
if only there was a better fps post apocalyptic rpg that does the job better.

I don't care about him wanting to disagree or voice his opinion, he is boring as shit and drags on so fucking long, and that wouldn't even be a problem if he had a soothing or a good voice, I have no idea how he got so popular.

he reviews games as objectively as he can, so hes pretty fucking autistic.

>the radiation instantly kills you
>mutants refuse to go in there, even though radiation doesnt affect them
Yeah good game good ending yes

anyone who associates with rags should be instantly invalidated as a creator t b h. supporting and backing up someone whose entire (self-admittedly ad libbed) videos consist of just restating things from the video he's talking about word for word but in a sarcastic tone before strawmanning says a lot about mauler's own critique.

Now that's design isn't it? graphical/level/visual design. Joseph is just a whiny nitpicker that sees things only the seriously mentally ill would. I suspect psychomania, him staying on his PC 50 hours in one session straight to find video ''content''

It's literally the only content of his I've watched, and it was worth it. Smug faggot BTFOing a doubly smug and uniquely insufferable faggot.

I don't think I'd enjoy his regular content tho.

The perspective seems kinda off. Probably a painting.

If I ever met hbomberguy in real life I would crush his windpipe. Just put his throat in my arms and squeeze as hard as I could then stomp his teeth down his throat. Fucking faggot.

seething xenokek

Is Rags the douchebag dog that had over 10 videos to back-and-forth with a retarded nigger that says exclusives for consoles are good and that consoles are better than PC?

Attached: niggerfuture2.jpg (393x591, 200K)

He never claimed to be objective

Attached: 1543285628792.png (597x501, 40K)

so what is his mental problem though? I mean in general, as he is correct in this post.

A lot of people value his opinions moreso than other critics because he... speaks in a groansome tone and acts like he's so above it all? I honestly don't get it.

I can't take him seriously ever since I saw what he really looks like.

lol no he doesn't you retard
>SOMA isn't a horror game
that's just objectively incorrect

Yes.

He's also Mauler's like, butt buddy and they go everywhere together in terms of collabs and podcasts.

subjectivity is all we know so why even bother harping on about shit like this? you can still be a wrong faggot

If someone cant make a point in less than 20 minutes in wether something is good or not, its not worth listening to. Simplicity is the best weapon, its blunt, hits hard and gets the job done and anyone who glorifies the endless verbal baloney required to pad out a 4 hour review of just speaking is misguided or ridiculously autistic and thinks endless blabber == good.

Attached: 1539675344197.jpg (500x500, 30K)

So, the town made him stupid?

he goes into his reviews listing off objective properties about the game but never actually gives his thoughts on the game itself. for example he will only talk about mechanics and never a "plot" or "story" he approaches game reviewing like its a job he dosent enjoy

Really? Rags isn't featured on Mauler's channel.
Rags just found a funny way to make a lot of money except he wants to fuck dogs.

so who is Mauler? he sounds very gay. as in, homosexual, must be with such a screenname.

>just saying the word nigger is racist
So I suppose all those niggers who call their buds "nigga" are also racist?

>never gives his thoughts on the game itself
did you even read my post? he's objectively wrong about SOMA because he spewed out his dumb uninformed opinion

Based.

Tl;dr : the ytuber

he's an autist who nitpicks every tiny thing he doesn't like everything while just summarizing the entire thing, he may have btfo hbomberguy's retarded DS2 video but he's a retard himself

>eceleb shit
I hope op gets terminal cancer

Nitpicking critisism is really frustrating to watch
Like, not everything that is incorrect is of equal value to tell others about, focus on the biggest issues instead to make a watchable video.

I watched his Ashen video and liked it, then I watched his "subjectivity is implied" video and was agreeing with him for the first ten minutes during which he pointed out the obvious of subjectivity being implied as he's talking about things that are inherently subjective, but then he went on for another half an hour ranting about how commenters were dicks and how he doesn't want to waste hours saying "in my opinion" in his videos and generally making what should've been a far shorter video into an idiotic melodrama. And then I didn't watch anything else he made.

Hey look who's wrong. Anyway, Rags doesn't feature often on Mauler's channel but whenever Mauler guest stars on someone else's podcast or video he tends to drag along Rags so he has a hype man.

A man who makes 9+ hour video rants nitpicking things and calling his opinions objective facts while calling other people's opinions objectively wrong so no one can argue with him. tl;dr a mega ass faggot

Attached: Capture+_2019-06-15-10-13-04.png (1432x372, 186K)

>plus he has a nice voice
Dude, what? His accent is annoying and he mumbles constantly.

I meant on the sidebar of a channel where you're supposed to post your friends. It's not really gonna make me dislike Mauler though he seems alright to me even though he spergs out too much about words like fun.

Who the fuck are those furfags.

He IS subbed to Rags at least but that's my bad I forgot the promotion thing existed. Still, promoting E;R should get you called an even bigger faggot too considering that guy's entire sense of humor is just saying niggers and muslims over and over like a broken /pol/ record. Stopped being funny after the first video I saw of the guy, which is a shame because his actual criticism is decent, much better than Mauler.

The dog is Rags but I dunno who the sparklecat faggot is. They're his friends I guess.

>saying nigger and muslims isn't funny

Attached: 1543952526928.jpg (300x200, 39K)

>that guy's entire sense of humor is just saying niggers and muslims over and over like a broken /pol/ record.
Oh so you never actually watched his videos and are just following what you're told after the drama when pewdiepie recommended him

I can be, but repeating a joke over and over again absolutely kills it's comedic value.

If your audience can predict the punchline before you've even finished the set-up, then it means you're rather limited in the scope of your comedy.

>game didn't do what I wanted it to do therefore it is bad

Attached: 1549165134581.jpg (171x244, 7K)

>actually defending Yooka-Laylee
>giving a shit about Star Wars
>giving a shit about capeshit
Yeah, I'm thinking he's cringe.

>t. Quinton
You're the reason objectivity-vs-subjectivity is even a meme

Attached: CuCySQhUMAEMv8O.jpg (382x666, 75K)

An autist who spent 9 hours BTFOing hbomberfag.

That's why I said they got old after the first review. I watched his Korra videos and loved them but after that point he just felt repetitive I guess. His last jedi videos are especially frustrating because while I full on agree Rey is a mary sue, hearing him say a long drawn out Muh-REY Suuuue every time he brought up the character became cringe pretty quick.

THE TOWN MADE HIM STUPID

>Incel cope

Attached: AliveNaiveAmericankestrel-max-1mb.gif (380x214, 772K)

>All Mauler does is state his opinion and then call it objective fact over and over
Just like all your shitty ecelebs then, especially that faggot Matthewmicktosis

>dragonfucker

I thought it was as entertaining as watching paint dry, but I do appreciate how thoroughly he btfo's hbomber

user I don't watch matthewmatosis. I only use youtube for video documentaries and shitty kickstarter videos.

Your thoughts on Noah Gervais?

Attached: noah gervais.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

What makes a game bad other than people not liking it?

He takes nitpicking to a new level. He spends over 9 hours taking each line of hbomberguy's video, colour-coding parts he agrees with and thing he disagrees with (and because he disagrees with everything in the video, that gives him and excuse to highlight massive chunks of text in red to make it seem like hbomberguy is making massive errors), going to points where he will intentionally over-analyse literal jokes as if they were genuine statements, then he'll show you a few of clips from like 300 hours of gameplay footage of some jankiness (which is in every game) and then makes sure to remind you that he is "objective" and that he only cares for "objective arguments". I'd that about 40-50% of his 10 hour long analysis is him saying over and over that his points are objective and hbomberguy's are not.

He is the epitome of someone being completely butt-blasted by someone liking a game they didn't like. He was so upset about it, and apparently offended for Matthewmatosis (he literally talks about how he was legitimately angry at hbomberguy "insulting" Matthewmatosis's DS2 video).

If you want to see 10 hours of a grown man having a tantrum about someone's opinions on a video game, Mauler is the guy for you.

Attached: 000% mad.jpg (676x858, 51K)

AesirAesthetic and NeverKnowsBest are better.

Pretentious rambler.

Complete and utter brainlet.

His recent videos are comfy background noise.

I literally watched through the entirety of the autism, most of what he highlighted were statements of opinion presented as facts or just flat out bad arguments. Hbomberguy made the single worst defense of the video game I have ever seen, and I'm the type of autistic fuck to actually go into the daily DS2 hate threads and defend it incessantly. Hbomberguy's video is genuinely irredeemable and attacking every single line is just about justified.

>All Mauler does is state his opinion and then call it objective fact over and over
I still laugh every time I remember that dumb fuck Quinton

He talks too slow

i was being subjective

>and then makes sure to remind you that he is "objective" and that he only cares for "objective arguments".
This right here is why I hate Mauler. He is NOT objective in the slightest and is opinionated as fuck, because because his videos are long and he reiterates his objectivity every three minutes, his fanboy drones defend him as a genius in every thread.

I think one of the most ironic points of that series is when he claims that hbomberguy must not draft and that he personally does 4 drafts for his videos, despite the fact that a good part of drafting is to cut it down, remove all the fat, and make it more concise. He, on the other hand, seems to think drafting means to just keep adding more things until you have a big long script and a word count with a lot of zeroes.

Where's the dick?

Both him and the fuckboy have an extremely annoying voice, I couldn't stand listening to it for a minute, let alone 8 hours

It's okay to like DAS2 but it is not a good game.

Like his videos, think he sort of has the same leanings politically as hbomberfaggot, but he does put out some decent stuff every now and then, liked his CoD campaign shit.

It's a perfectly good game, it just has some glaring flaws.

I just had a horrifying realization that Mauler might have actually tried to trim the fat in his script and he probably had a version that was twice as long

holy fuck

>Is that a waifu?

Attached: 1541876122696.png (512x512, 80K)

Is it the same guy that posts this, or is it just copypasta at this point?

I watched his last video and the plague game, sad he didn't say "The plague made he stupid"

youtu.be/hWimIgDfvW8

>they put a burkah on Pyra
>"Finally she is wearing something respectable!"

Attached: 1560332497082.png (645x773, 11K)

From the other thread--

youtube.com/watch?v=hWimIgDfvW8

This is such an amazing video compilation. I don't regret watching the XBC2 stream
on youtube (basically all of it). There were so many great moments.

I mean, it's a video critiquing a video game, you can't really make factual statements about its quality. He's not trying to make any objective points about the game, he's voicing his opinion on the game. He makes arguments for why he thinks that, but Mauler is totally incapable of comprehending the tone of the video and conjures up non-existent intent to a lot of what hbomberguy says. It's mainly because he is really angry that someone doesn't like the game or have the same faults with it that he did. It's why he is so insistent on his points being objective, because he is so sure that his opinion on the game is correct, that there can be no debate about it, and anyone questioning that is smug and wrong.

I've never posted about Mauler before so I dunno what you're talking about. Multiple people in this thread alone have expressed similar opinions on his content so maybe it's just a common opinion because his content is dog ass?

Joe's subdued personality during his review videos are a bit strange when you've watched his streaming.

Also, does anyone think it's a pretty bad idea that they keep having more kids when he has to spend so much time on content while she's bipolar and has depressive episodes? I can't see that working out too well in the future with a third kid... and none of the children in school yet!

Whats up with americans and the "lets be dismissive about sexy clothing on women" as if thats hard to understand routine?
Is it just virtue signaling?

Problem, kafir?

The problem isn't that Homberguy's video is opinionated, that's inevitable. The problem is he cannot defend his opinion for shit because he insists on reactively defending the least defensible aspects of the game just to spite an irishman, without ever getting into what really makes DS2 good. Hbomberguy has bad opinions, and loves to present them as irrefutable facts while not supporting them because I guess being smug and English is a defense in the internet age.

I guess the wife made him stupid

Being raised by single feminists moms OR protestant cuckstianity combined with circumcision, since getting an erection is literally painful for the.

Pyra's clothing is RIDICULOUS given her personality and voice acting. Her voice actor actually is one of the best in the game, but it's such a weird mesh with how she looks. Her face is fine, too, that's the thing. It literally boils down to her hentai-tier clothing.

I could've sworn I saw a post with that exact structure and image months ago, but the archive doesn't lie.

Exploring a complex topic will naturally require a complex analysis and the more thorough one is the more there will be to analyse and thus it'll take longer to analyse it. RE: In Defense of Dark Souls 2 could not have been made any shorter without sacrificing detail and thus failing at what it set out to do.

Attached: 1-ani-edgeworth-point.gif (138x142, 18K)

RESETERA
RESET ERA

He's a faggot with his head far up his own ass.

>conjures up non-existent intent to a lot of what hbomberguy says.
If you're talking about him, say, shitting on DaS to try and make it look better by comparison, then it's pretty obvious that's what's happening.

>dubfag
Your opinion literally doesn't matter

Some guy gifted JA like $300 worth of bits when he did his surprise E3 stream because he hadn't streamed in months. He's got a dedicated fanbase.

Plus the guy is wholesome. He's 34, has a genuine likable personality, has talked about how he wants a lot of kids because neither he nor his wife have family so they want to make their own family, and his streams typically are him being lighthearted and, at worst, faux-angry. For how old he is despite a lack of social activity and a lifestyle completed devoted to the internet/gaming, he's still retained a fair amount of innocence, which is refreshing compared to some jarred and kind of angry Youtubers.

Can the video essay fad die soon?

That happens with everyone.
>Stop Skeletons From Fighting makes two great videos about Dino Crisis 1 and 2 talking about how they stand out and how they changed between entries and what they were good and bad at
>For Dino Crisis 3 they instead do a stream of it
>Is so focused on trying to be funny to his viewers that he doesn't pay attention and keeps fucking up
>Ignores tutorials and then five seconds later whines about not knowing what to do or how the controls work
>Concludes that the game sucks because it controls badly and is confusing when it's his own fault for not paying attention and failing to grasp the mechanics

Attached: 1249830580502.jpg (429x410, 25K)

Attached: Joseph Anderson plays Super Mario Odyssey.gif (240x184, 837K)

I like long autistic video game explorations, although ones that focus primarily on story can fuck right off.

I AM SILLY

>I have an issue with something but I can't talk about it for 10 minutes, I need an hour and a half to regurgitate the same points over and over

Attached: 1505255242352.jpg (1136x640, 76K)

>strawmen in the fucking [current year]

Why do you want it to die? They're great entertainment to throw on in the background.

Another reviewer who's pretty damn good and doesn't have that much of an annoying voice is Raycevick--he goes really in depth and does his research. And Mandalore is great for the random games he reviews.

>this thread is still up
fucking christ, fuck off with your obvious advertisement bullshit

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 199K)

>He is the epitome of someone being completely butt-blasted by someone liking a game they didn't like.
You can like DaS2 all you want, but Hbomberguy's arguments defending it were a gigantic mess that often contradicted itself. You can't be an insufferably condescending cunt AND argue that poorly.

As long as they keep getting views? Never, so enjoy your pseudo-intellectual word salad showing up in your recommended videos all the time.

God you have shit opinions. Filtering your ip.

He’s Canadian

>Plus the guy is wholesome. He's 34, has a genuine likable personality
Wrong. I tuned into his streams once, he spent 5 minutes making and repeating some cringy joke about incels.
>has talked about how he wants a lot of kids because neither he nor his wife have family so they want to make their own family
revisionist history for his 3 mistake kids
>and his streams typically are him being lighthearted and, at worst, faux-angry
except when he get genuinely upset and indigniant that a game was too intelligent for him and rants "THE TOWN MADE HIM STUPID AHHHH NNNNNOOOOOO"
>For how old he is despite a lack of social activity and a lifestyle completed devoted to the internet/gaming, he's still retained a fair amount of innocence
Nah, he's just a low brain activity normalfag. He's not innocent, he's just repressed. Seriously, who could ever take the opinions of a guy who doesn't like anime tits seriously?
>which is refreshing compared to some jarred and kind of angry Youtubers.
Eating green shit is the worst way to refresh yourself from brown shit.

Hope you like my length analysis post, I channeled my inner Joseph to make it longer than necessary to ensure your optimum reading pleasure and apex entertainment value as it's clear these things are important to you if you desire to spend your time watching multiple hours of a man complain about the collectibility of colectibles in a casual collectathon for children.

using a vpn anyway r-tard

>you can't really make factual statements about its quality
So criticisms can't have quality? What if I say Dark Souls is a bad game because its love triangle subplot bogged it down? That'd be bad because there IS no love triangle subplot.
What if I say Sekiro is a bad game because I can't clear boss fights using just shurikens? Even though shurikens are clearly designed to be a supplement to swordplay? Well that's on the same level of critique as saying "you're playing Dark Souls 3 wrong if you use a shield", even though DS3 is designed around a variety of playstyles.
What if I say Tropico 5 is a bad game because it makes me feel like a communist dictator? Even though that's exactly what the game sets out to do? Is it impossible for me to just be missing the point? Is it impossible for my critique to be flawed?
What if you criticise a critic for saying you can't make factual statements about their quality? Well that's what you just did.

In order for someone to be able to make a criticism, they have to say something valid. If they can say something valid, they must also be able to say something INVALID. Critiques have to be grounded in reality, and a lot of terrible critiques like hbomberguy's are not grounded at all.

Attached: unfortunately he uses reason.jpg (876x672, 87K)

Yeah, after watching that I was eager to see what else he had but it's all movie shit. I was disappointed.

That's not fair, you can be EVERY type of dictator in Tropico.

Who? That's deathwing

This, it's stealing replies away from my thread where we are discussing Princess Peach's farts

He's got videos on SOMA and Yooka-Laylee, plus he wants to make a God of War critique. We're probably not getting it for a few years, though

Attached: can we laugh at him yet.jpg (830x823, 66K)

Is this from his shit books or something?

My critique of his post can't be flawed, dude. It's a post critiquing a post, you can't really make factual statements about its quality

Attached: 1468965092722.jpg (960x720, 105K)

>What if I say Sekiro is a bad game because I can't clear boss fights using just shurikens
You’d be correct

Silent hill 2

He's like a mediocre surrogate for Matthewmatosis. Matt only uploads like once every 6 months so I need to get my fix somewhere.

Attached: matt.jpg (1280x720, 48K)

This is the most generic shit I've ever seen. Can't imagine they read any better.

I admire someone that hustles. Dude wanted to be a writer and he worked towards it.

See

He burned all his goodwill with the Mario Odyssey video.

JA complained about the protag's personality being basically non-existent, and because of the lack of personality it was hard for him to connect to the protag and care about him. Which is a fair if subjective point.

The SH2 fans on stream bashed him immediately and said he didn't get the point, that he was supposed to have a neutered personality because of what occurred in the story.

JA argued back (which he likes doing) and said, "so the town made him stupid," which triggered everyone.

Imagine having this medium where you can do anything you want and just doing the most lukewarm shit you can think of.

Attached: 1531198702534.png (399x386, 153K)

The Anderson pay pigs are here

Attached: 1554416838982.jpg (2152x3552, 1006K)

That isn't even lukewarm, that's not even tepid, that's prose like a textbook. Hell, I've seen more engaging textbooks.

Absolutely everything he said in the odyssey video was bing bing correct though

because some people start calling their opinions objective when they're based on something objective.

For example, he had a twitter argument with a guy that claimed that a crude MS Paint drawing of a square was "objectively worse" than a textbook example of a square.
Obviously this only makes sense if we try to judge both squares by how similar they are to being a textbook example of a square. In a vacuum neither square is better than the other. In a different context, say an artist having to emulate a child's drawing, the textbook square would even be worse than the crooked square.
You can make other observations that still hold true in a vacuum like the length of the square's lines or their angles to each other or whether they all connect, but that stuff doesn't leave room for opinions (as long as we all share the same basic reality, which needs to be a given for any reasonable discourse to take place).

You can probably see how it leads to some pretty dumb discussions about video games when people think their opinions are objective and unshakable because they're based on some fact.
Like "miniskirts are objectively hotter than regular ones because they're shorter". The length can be objectively measured, but the argument can't make the "shorter = hotter" jump.

based on his twitch content he's consciously slowing it down for YT. So I guess watching at 1.5x is gonna be the way to go in the future as well.

It was correct the academic sense of describing what he did in the game, but the game isn't about individually collecting moons like stars in 64. If 64 didn't kick you out of a level and controlled like Odyssey it'd be even easier and more tedious.

This. You can tell Joe isn't someone who would do well or enjoy working in a normie job field. He's implied multiple times that for a long time he basically was a NEET who played WoW obsessively before he met his wife (I think on WoW!). He clearly tried to create a career that didn't require him going into work every day. There are enough guides that exist that show someone how to brute-force his way into the self-publication authorship field, and I'm sure he really liked the idea at first--probably did a tone of research and then just tried to churn out book after book. They weren't quality because it was just him trying to make a career out of something. That wasn't really panning out, and somehow he got onto the idea of analyzing video games, and things really took off.

He's got a good work ethic and has been able to reinvent his method of income a few times, and that's pretty impressive. Look at how he shifted drastically and took up streaming for a long while--probably made a decent amount of money off of that, possibly as much as he made on Patreon.

remember to sage and report eceleb threads

Thighhighs with indentation are objectively better than thighhighs with no indentation.

how will andersonchuds ever recover?

People who think fast tend to talk fast and have to train themselves how to talk slower to reach wide audiences. Not everyone can watch a video at 1.5x speed. I met a smart guy in school who thought fast, talked fast, watched online lectures at 1.5x, etc., and generally had the exact same problem. It's just a different manner in which brains can process information differently.

I've heard that people that think fast can suck dick even faster. Is this true?

this is objective

>You can probably see how it leads to some pretty dumb discussions about video games when people think their opinions are objective and unshakable because they're based on some fact.
>Like "miniskirts are objectively hotter than regular ones because they're shorter". The length can be objectively measured, but the argument can't make the "shorter = hotter" jump.
Why do people always strawman the argument to be like this? Objectivity has nothing to do with preference, that's not what anyone is getting at. You only strawman that as what people are saying because you can't actually respond to what they're saying otherwise. If the argument is "Miniskirts are more revealing than regular ones because they're shorter", that isn't a matter of opinion. If someone's pointing out that a character's designed with more revealing clothing because they're meant to be sexy, well there's a conversation to be had there about the game's intent, as a part of what they were going for with their character designs and how they use it, etc.
Just telling the guy "That's just your opinion" makes you look obtuse, and makes it impossible to actually talk about the work

Attached: put the memes in the skirt, oniichan.jpg (1797x1055, 127K)

SuperBunnyHop and Tim Rogers > Joseph and Matt > African during a psychosis screaming into a mic > Your dads opinion > Youtube "reviewers"

I don't know.
Watched a few, and they weren't very interesting.

>furry avatar
Added to the ignore list and blocked

Attached: 1560035292753.png (1024x888, 199K)

Never saw one of his videos and know nothing about him, I'm assuming he's a gay furry and wants to fuck dragons

>SuperBunnyHop
"Ooooooooooooooooooof!"

His videos are long and he uses big boy vocabulary which fascinates zoomers and make them think he's smart.

Matt > My dads opinion > Tim Rogers > SuperBunnyHop = Joseph > African during a psychosis screaming into a mic > Your dads opinion > Youtube "reviewers"

He genuinely makes good points--see the Fallout/Bethesda triangle of exploration -> combat -> gathering, and he backs it up with toughs of examples edited from the games he reviews. That's really tough work, and for several years he put out a lot of content. Then he transitioned into streaming and his actual personality came out more, and it became obvious he's not as pretentious as some people like to think.

Anyone who defends Mauler hasnt seen more than a single video of his.

>He genuinely makes good points--see the Fallout/Bethesda triangle of exploration -> combat -> gathering

I don't think it takes much brainpower to gather that Bethesda's games follow a basic skinnerbox gameplay loop

If Civvie is /vr/'s guy then who is Yea Forums's guy?

Attached: 1549756677382s.jpg (225x225, 9K)

his old videos were quite alright but his new capeshit trend can fuck off

>Fallout/Bethesda triangle of exploration -> combat -> gathering
This isn't a good point. It's extremely obvious and braindead, just like the rest of his other points.

is that real ? I vaguely remember hearing that before and it isnt uncharacteristic for him to go on such an autistic detailed rant. So did this actually happen ?

Watching him play Danganronpa was the worst experience of my life

His argument that shields in Dark Souls are bad and that you should never use them, it's that the game encourages new players to over-rely on shields and be overly cautious, despite Dark Souls wanting you to be more proactive and also that there are many ways to approach the game other than just putting up your shield all the time.

I think his point about how in Dark Souls 1 (and also 3), pretty much every class starts with a shield, whereas in Dark Soul 2 only one class starts with a shield. It wants you to get accustomed to playing without having to rely on a shield and take advantage of the the two-handed option (one class even starts out with dual-wields which has a new moveset attached to the two-hand option).

But people will try to reduce his argument to just "shields are bad, never shield". The same can be said about how he is trying to "take down Dark Souls". It's not that he's taking it down and saying it's the worst game ever, but Dark Souls 2 is regularly compared to Dark Souls 1 in order to critique by everyone who talks about it. People would talk about how Dark Souls 2 is bad because of things it changed from Dark Souls 1.

I don't enjoy Dark Souls 2 as much as 1 or 3, but I think he makes valid points concerning how people sort of put Dark Souls 1 on this pedestal and ignore issues that it has (which it does have). As it's a defence of Dark Souls 2, the video is about countering the common narrative surrounding the difference between Dark Souls 1 and Dark Souls 2.

I haven't seen Matt's version, but if Matt said only that and nothing else then he probably was focused on something else and didn't want to provide the full reasoning behind his statement.

It might be a meme image and Matt actually said much more than that but the meme is meant to show that Matt tends to make his points quickly and move on.

They're different approaches. I don't think JA's approach is worse, because he's providing examples and explaining his reasoning behind his points. That's why he usually ends up talking way more. He's fairly methodical (autistic).

Understandable why you consider that but in the end, the practicality of a multi hour series just to say "its good" or to discuss mechanica is not only pointless if the declaration of quality is only told at the end or of the mechanics alone are just not worth talking about.

Let me give you an example of what I see as justifiable, so that you can get what I mean. Hbomber did a really atrocious video on DS2 and this one guy did a almost 5 hour split into 4-5 videos analysis of why he sucked ass, going into minute detail over ingame mechanics, how H said he felt them, how he actively contradicted himself, going so far as to get external playthtoughd and feedback alongside his own to prove his point home. He was so ruthelessly cold and yet so objective that Hbomber had no sort of comeback and threw a hissy fit. I dont see the point in going verbose if you dont have a proverbial literary dagger to stab the point with.

Brevity is the soul of wit user, and a bulletpoint hits like a dagger. If you wanna verbose, you best hit like a fucking war hammer. Get what I mean?

Attached: 1496506123021.png (300x310, 6K)

In Defense of DS2 is about being a contrarian fuckwit whose defense of overabundant healing items is "Well nobody likes to run out of estus". Nobody likes to die either, Hbomb.

>SuperBunnyHop
Hell no, George has time and time again proven that he is retarded, the most egregious example being when he unironically got stumped by this puzzle in the Witness. He must have some sort of learning disability, because I don't know how it is possible for a person to have someone tell him how to pronounce "Satoru Iwata" and "Nintendo Labo" and still end up littering his videos with "Sato-ree Eye-wata" and "Nintendo Lay-boo".

Attached: the-witness-pink-tree-puzzle[1].jpg (1920x1200, 384K)

*isn't that Shields in Dark Souls are bad

He's a completely talentless hack who autistically rambles for hours and uses some big words to confuse his 15 year old redditor fans into thinking he's an amazing critic. Only in video games could such a milquetoast personality and banal observations get him as far as it has.

>cue mauler's montage of spamming lifegems while tanking 5 enemies

Didn't see this one. Assuming it's not worth it?

His P5 and Xenoblade streams were amazing. Titanfall was fun. The first stream of Recettear was pretty fun. Watching him try to figure out Hello Neighbor was hilarious. Resident Evil (both 7 and Remake) were good.

Anyone recommend other streams he's done?

user, you might want to read my post again, and a bit more carefully this time.

He uses this to deflect any criticism of his thoughts

Sseth > Mechagamezilla > Mandalore > Matosis >>>> Anderson >>>> Superbunnyhop >>>>>> Gervais >>>>>>>>>>>> Hbombersoi

How does Joseph Anderson have a timid or feeble personality? I don't think anyone who's watched hours of his videos could say that.

Sseth pulling what he did with Dorf Fort has made me sketchy.

Sseth is zoomer garbage
>I clapped when I saw the meme! le based Yea Forums squad!!

I've never watched the dude, what did he do?

It's not just you.

He's saying that the estus system in Dark Souls 1 can be somewhat inaccessible to players who are completely new to the series and due to how slow Estus is in DS1 and the fact that you completely stop in your tracks can make new players very frustrated and drop the game, whereas Dark Souls 2 uses lifegems as a safer alternative but with a delayed payoff alongside the Estus so that new players can feel more encouraged to be a bit more aggressive. He uses Bloodbourne as a comparison. In Bloodbourne, healing is tied completely to farmable blood vials which you can only carry 20 of. You consume these very fast and you can move whilst using them. Bloodbourne really wants you to be aggressive and constantly attacking and even to accept that you will have to take some hits (the rally system is built around this also). This aspect of Bloodbourne's healing system serves a learning tool for players to realise the best ways to approach encounters in the game.

Ripped off footage and presumably stories from other people who he left uncredited. Kind of calls into question whether he's even bothered playing.

>SuperBunnyHop
SBH's output ever since he got his Patreon severely diminished, more of his videos are only tangentially related to videogames (I don't give a fuck about Pachinko and escape rooms, stop trying to justify your trips to Japan) and his latest video had awful production quality on top of having an AD in it.
He hasn't even released his "2018 in review" video yet (and probably never will at this point), but buy his georgesocks lmao so wacky ;)

The footage he uses comes from other players (I think without their consent?? I don't know that part.)

What he's saying is irrelevant because what he's defending is an inexcusable balance flaw, and he's doing it with the weakest justification imaginable. Bloodborne had problems with overabundant healing, but DS2 flat out let you carry several hundred healing items. Lifegems re literally a better healing option than estus.

bad parroting user. Both JPA and MM repeatedly bring up developer intent and put forth not only criticisms of what's bad, but suggestions on how the (perceived) intention could have been realized better. I like MM better, but they're not that different.

Used footage and stories of DorfFort content producers and passed them off as his own stories in his review.
When called on it, he added credits to a few of them(but not all of them).

I still think he and killian make the funniest video game related content on youtube, but he's a bit of a snake.

The footage he used in the video was not his, which isn't a huge deal, but he also ripped off someone else's video wholesale, pretending what had happened to them had happened to him.
It's also been found that jokes from his other videos were originally in old steam reviews by other people. It's also known that half his ideas come from other people in his discord. The guy doesn't have an original bone in his body - but that should have been obvious from the constant use of memes.

The sad part is he has an army of dicksucking defenders who literally pay him money to string memes together and then advertise him on Yea Forums constantly and rally together to shut down any criticism of him.

Why anyone would want to give him money is a mystery to me, but it's even stranger that you would whiteknight for someone who makes such low effort videos and gets hundreds of thousands of views on them from redditors anyway.

He still puts out a decent amount of stuff but it's all behind a patreon paywall.

Every single argument he ever makes is
>if the game does what I like = the developers are being clever and agreeing with me and trying to enforce a "good" playstyle on the player
>if the game does what I don't like = the developers are making concessions to the stupid retard fanboys who don't know what's good for them

Maybe personality is the wrong word, I meant moreso that his takes are just so boring and bland and nowhere near deep or interesting.
Also, some of them are just downright retarded. His whole "horror games aren't scary unless there's a constant fear of permadeath, sorry guys" and "subjectivity means I can never be wrong" videos had me dying.

>SuperBunnyHop
His journalism is really good but he’s not better than matosis
Anderson is bottom of the barrel

The overabundant healing doesn't allow aggression, it allows mistakes. Endless mistakes, mistakes that DS1 would have seen you dead for but can just be brute forced in 2. If Hbomber equates being aggressive with getting hit a shitload, he's literally too bad at the video game to be aggressive. I haven't run souls with a relied-on shield since my no death no bonfire run to my rememberance, and only absolutely garbage players need to much extra healing. Aggression doesn't mean "Trading with the ogre".

he doesn't do as many 4ch memes now and actually talks about the game, basically whenever he's not reviewing some fotm indie his videos are alright

But for a lot of people that isn't actually a problem. It's a subjective opinion that allowing the player to have that many healing items is a bad thing. You can have a consistent opinion about why having that many healing items can detract from the experience, but is also dependent on what it is you want in a video game. Some people just enjoy having the option to have a lot of healing items if they want to, and that's fine and you can make valid arguments for why having it can be a good thing.

You cannot make objective statements about the quality of a video game, as they are designed to appeal to subjective sensibilities. Just like films, music, books, or literally any other kind of art form.

Attached: 155474475464765.png (1020x432, 121K)

>Implying Mauler is anything of note.
The man couldn't even best a literal who that has a channel dedicated to Digimon Analysis and fanfiction.

literally who next to matt?

Amazon Prime has ruined so many YouTube channels It's getting ridiculous.

MechaGameZilla

Yes, good job, you've shunted the entire discussion down the trash can because the point that the game is far too easy with so many healing options and items and therefore goes against the atmosphere of struggle that is obviously meant to be cultivated is, yes, ultimately subjective and some shitbabby players might LIKE their souls game to only ever be done with three summons, unlimited healing, and all damage turned off. Hbomberguy failed to effectively argue the merits of the system, a system which I, myself, even have reasons to defend, and that is why he is an imbecile. If you fall back to "Some people might like it that way" you have lost the argument and are retreating into the subjectivity morass where nobody gets to move or have fun. Like all of From's swamp levels.

I don’t trust people who say or type “crap” and neither should you

I like his videos but sometime he can get a bit personal and biased with his points.

>Horror games aren't scary because there is no fear of death
Was he right?

Attached: 1542559189992.jpg (800x495, 27K)

>crowbcat D
Chart discarded.

Todd btfo

Civvie is a dumb bitch
-/vr/

Discard yourself

>Matt
>Crowbcat
>Anderson
Everyone else is a literally who.

le ebin everything is shit montage man. remember to never buy any console or play any game because they're all COMPLETELY broken!!!

Why doesn't he just play Tokyo Dark blind?

lol he hates george socks

>game is objectively worse than its predecessor
>"WOW WTF SHUT UP CROWBCAT FUCKING MEMESTER!"
Epic post, user. Consider stopping sucking corporate AAA cock at any time now.

That faggot should play some STALKER iron man.

Pretty excellent list desu

Boring, sad, pretentious idiot who doesn't even like video games. He barely even mentions gameplay in any of his 2 hours """"""analysis"""""".
After his Bioschlock Infinite video I consider him legitimately brain-damaged.

Attached: 4aQYDnsYWG8.jpg (466x486, 49K)

>his Bioschlock Infinite video
does he say something exceptionally stupid or just the typical praise that it got?

>doesn't even like video games.
based

Autistically nitpicking something for 5+ hours can be more entertaining than "hello, x is shit because this and that, like share subscribe, bye bye".

All I know about him is that he got dabbed on by Welsh Objectivity Man & friends this one time.

The only video game discussion video I have ever enjoyed was that one guy talking about Sonic Adventure from months ago

>carrying only two weapons gives you more choice
>linear corridor levels are deep and meaningful
>actual lack of choice is deep and meaningful
>everything is deep and meaningful
>muh themes
>10/10

Attached: 1518913639836.jpg (588x823, 109K)

>and calling his opinions objective facts
how
do
people
still
not
understand
this

"Objective" just means "measurable" and "not reliant upon your feelings to make a value judgment."
If there's a plot hole where, for example, something that would have threatened a character's life is present in one scene, but then magically gone the next, that is an objective flaw. Your feelings are not involved with it.
You could still have an opinion about it and say "I didn't feel that it was that big a deal for the scene, it didn't bother me," and that's fine, that's your opinion, but the fact that the inconsistency is there is objective.
Holy fuck you goddamned brainlet.

there are like 18 sonic adventure reviews. what are you talking about?

youtu.be/JGGRq2AnHFM

They're different enough that MM composes his critizisms in a properly seductive, even if sometimes extensive speeches while JPA dwells on details for way too long, way too arbitrary reasons, way too often. Also I don't agree he shows he cares about devs intentions or other people's preferences when critizising vidya. He's extremely self complacent about his own opinions which is also what caused the whole silent hill meltdown that put his shit taste in evidence.

can someone please explain this "the town made hims stupid" thing? I've watched his stuff before and I have no idea why it keeps coming up. Never seen his streams, if that has anything to do with it.

I really hope matthew and mecha do another podcast together

his tony hawk review was a million times better

youtube.com/watch?v=0lhy9QnBHmo

He thought that James not remembering he killed Mary was the town's magic making him stupid rather than it being amnesia.

Was it amnesia or was it denial or a mental block? Japan loves it some psychologically blocked memories.

I think it has to do with one of his books. He's not a good writer it would seem

I used "amnesia" as shorthand for whatever the actual psychological issue is called, the point is that it's not magic.

Amnesia/repressed memories is the worst plot device ever. I'd unironically prefer magic.

>thread still up
holy shit

>why is a psychological concept in silent hill, a game about symbolizing psychological trauma
GEE I DON'T KNOW

how fucking stupid do you have to be to not understand the concept of a repressed memory? God damn it, there's stuff about silent hill that really can be critiqued but he doesn't understand the stuff that actually makes sense.

Didn't he give up on reviewing stories in recent videos or something like that? I could've sworn he said that. If not, he really should.

Except Mauler doesn't do that. He nitpicks retarded stuff like the type of spaceships they used in The Last Jedi (a movie which I do hate by the way) not being ships from the old expanded universe stuff that serves similar purposes and then calls it an objectively bad choice.

Even without that example he does this kind of shit a LOT with nitpicks that don't even matter or hold weight, or in some cases are just plain wrong.

M A U L E R

He was streaming, thus not really paying attention to the game. Not that it's any excuse, the idea of streaming SH2 as your first experience with the game and having the balls to think you can critique the story you barely paid attention to is fucking crazy.

>symbolizing
Into the trash.
>psychological concept
Called "laziness", it's when writers use cheap cliche plot twists instead of getting good at their job.

Attached: 1523001271972.jpg (714x732, 88K)

This but unironically. Matt is far superior while Joseph is too inconsistent with his opinions.

How exactly do you "Reveal" someone killing his own wife without using a memory device, if that person is the main character? Unreliable narrator? That would be silly.

That he's the sort of person to do that at all makes it clear he's not good reviewer material. The streams made this a lot clearer to people when he began doing them, but something about how he approached games to begin with felt wrong the first time I saw his videos.

based

Attached: 1560072573486.png (1278x1124, 1.15M)

how much s.oy does he consume

Based pieposter

I don't like him because his existence incites the anger of many people here and I hate seeing both that dragon and matthewmatosis' face everywhere. I also hate e-critics in general because whenever I make an argument I came up with myself I'm immediately yelled at for parroting a video I've never seen.

Attached: 1527914220178.jpg (600x300, 32K)

GIVE
ME
A
RUNDOWN

>A man who makes 9+ hour video rants nitpicking things and calling his opinions objective facts while calling other people's opinions objectively wrong
That's pretty based tbqh. I admire his autism and dedication.
Also fuck everyone who's afraid of using the word "objective" and repeats "that's just MUH OPINION!!!" every 5 seconds. There are objective facts. And there are opinions so correct and based that they might be also considered objective facts (like mine).

Attached: 1517900894919.png (522x593, 325K)

I like the derg, don't care much about the guy behind the guy behind it because 1 hour videogame reviews seem pretty cringe to me.

Yes.

Massive faggot

>there are no objective opinions
opinions are subjective by definition, if they were objective they wouldn't be opinions they'd be facts.

>when they talk about dark souls 2
>when they talk about matt and anderson fans arguing
I loved it

>LGR below SBH and next to that faggot Clemps
What a fucking crime.

Just not mentioning it directly. I think I've seen some movie or tv series with a similar plot but I HAVE REPRESSED THOSE MEMORIES haha.

Attached: 1523354128016.jpg (225x225, 13K)

Speaking of developers
>MM got a shout out from GOW4 developers even though he didn't care for it
>JA still can't even get one despite the blowjob he did for free

The entire game is about searching for his fucking wife. How, exactly, do you avoid mentioning it if it is the BASIS for the PLOT?

Tim Rogers is a rambling autist who only got famous in ~2008 because the autist rambling about games trend wasn't as big

Not all topics are weighted the same, some papers are 5 pages long while others are 20+.
Sometimes you can make a point with a statement or two, but other times you'll need credible sources, maybe some examples or analogies and a through explanation of what you're trying to say on something to make a single point.
That said, Joseph Anderson equates long to good without any thought behind it so he just sucks.

>bullcrap

well from that alone you clearly have autism so i shouldnt pick on a retard.

kys. fallout NV is clearly better. you are objectively wrong. stop being contrarian.

fuck off anderson, you're just a brainlet

So entertaining you use it as "background noise"

dunno lmao I never even played haha just write a new plot or something

Attached: 1525928552033.png (419x398, 191K)

Anderson is the one who can't understand amnesia, you're close to him on the specrum than I am here.

He rambles for hours about games he doesn't like.

cope

Remember when colonel autumn takes over the jefferson memorial because he wants to turn on the water purifier which the scientists there were going to turn on anyway? Remember how your dad kills himself to stop Autumn from forcing him to turn on the water purifier which he was going to turn on anyway? Remember how you attack the jefferson memorial, occupied by the enclave, so that you can turn on the water purifier instead of them? Remember how the DLC renders the pivotal choice that you make at the end of the game almost completely meaningless?

youtube.com/watch?v=kFC6mDKF-0c
I unironically like this video and have watched it twice.

>a commie
yikes!

Dilate

>A politics obsessed loser
Cringe

I listen to those 20 hours reviews as podcasts on the background when I'm drawing. Pretty good way to keep my adhd brain occupied.

Attached: 1557155830086.jpg (172x233, 16K)

rent free

Alright faggots, I've seen a few of is videos and I don't get it. Like I guess he got a few chuckles out of me total, but but the fact that he has like 550 patreons and the shilling he gets is mind boggling. Is there a particular one I should watch or is it really just the accent?

This is undeniable proof of objectivity

>ADHD
Have you ever considered becoming a gaming eceleb? It sounds like you've got the qualifications for it.

He's worse than a literal retard, he's a retard that thinks he's a genius.

Genuinely: he seems like a pretty nice guy but holy shit is he autistic.

The guy is an OCD/Completionist type that is good at spotting smaller problems but has a hard time connecting them to a bigger picture. When he's talking about a game that's in that wheelhouse he's pretty spot on, and he's pretty accurate when describing failures in gameplay loops.

Big picture, and in understanding stories as they're written? Not so much. Watch him trying to understand Silent Hill 2. Dude is a robot.

Yikes

SuperBunnyHop feels like he tries to flex having been to Japan a handful of times and it's kinda baffling to me. Like anyone cares.

Nigger, I've lived there too but that doesn't make me an expert on the place.

Attached: 1543163269549.png (604x416, 194K)

cringe

bazinga

>Someone says "Shut up Todd" as a joke.
>Victimize yourself and get mad.
>Lol

Attached: 1383933171371.jpg (423x300, 13K)

have sex

>Except Mauler doesn't do that. He nitpicks retarded stuff like the type of spaceships they used in The Last Jedi (a movie which I do hate by the way) not being ships from the old expanded universe stuff that serves similar purposes and then calls it an objectively bad choice.
That's not really a nitpick, it serves a deeper purpose. Look at how the Disney series copies ships and fighters from the original trilogy; it's almost all the same shit. The resistance is just the rebellion, except with a shittier bomber. Given the numerous flaws of the bomber in that scene, it's hard not to call them shitty. It's like if in a Harry Potter film, they need to disarm a death eater so they try to use a contrived roundabout method that takes a lot of work and gets a character injured. The entire time, you'd be asking "Why not just use expelliarmus? That's your bread and butter spell, just use that instead"

It also requires lack of speech impediments.

Attached: 1527832472011.jpg (223x225, 5K)

based

How can you do this to LGR? He doesn't fight with anyone, he's chill.

I'd like Matthew more if he weren't an active KKK member.

>Talking like you know him personally

>He was one of the first "critiquers"
What? Joseph Anderson started making videos long after people like Matthewmatosis, Mrbtongue, Errant Signal and Noah Caldwell. And probably more that I'm forgetting, Joseph wasn't even close to being the first.

I think so. You can get scared, jump when something suddenly appears, but you now you're just going to reload and try again, now with the knowledge of what's going to happen. There are obviously limits, but increased stakes do make you feel more involved.

> game lacks notable features an earlier entry had
> HOW DARE YOU CRITICIZE

sad

> Unreliable narrator? That would be silly.
This is shit, I fucking hated Heavy Rain for this.

Attached: 78.gif (500x225, 280K)

>Mrbtongue

Attached: 1553355329617.png (256x256, 115K)

Attached: bench.png (1200x675, 431K)

>No I'm objectively right and you're wrong no matter what.
>Don't argue with me or I'll go on Discord and complain about you with other shit heads and a furry.

Attached: 1548000880707.png (600x315, 169K)

Show me his video response.

?

He's been doing videos for a long time and has a small but dedicated fanbase because he puts a lot of effort into his videos and doesn't rely on shouting, memes, clickbait, pandering, drama. He just writes good comedy and puts a lot of work in. He made some of the most unique videogame comedy youtube videos. There is an earnestness and a humbleness about him that a lot of people are drawn to. Most ecelebs are obnoxious caricatures but mecha just seems to be a decent guy. He's a rare treat on youtube. A lot of other youtubers respect and like him too, so even if his view numbers will always be low because of the nature of his content (there's nothing for ADHD zoomers and underage autists) he gets a lot of support from the small crowd he does have.
He also gets a decent amount of patrons because his podcast is one of the best out there

What?

MOONS

And that goes a long way for crafting worldbuilding, which goes a long way for crafting tension in a battle, which goes a long way into building investment. Which is what writers want for the audience.
>"dude your thinking too much just stop nitpicking"

Attached: LEVEL UP.jpg (594x412, 51K)

i like his fallout 4 vid, I've watched it like 5 times and I've not played the game yet :))

youtube.com/watch?v=-ZzxKLZJtUo

You watched his videos and laughed, didn't you? There's no mystery, you already figured out why people like him.
You're talking as if he is hugely popular. He isn't, he doesn't get big numbers even though he makes quality stuff.

I think he's actually dying of brain cancer
also his girlfriend is fucking fat as shit

Hamsterson is legitimately dumb
He's just good at shitting out long videos in a short time
What's worse is that most of his seemingly decent opinions aren't even his own, it's obvious he watches other people's reviews before making his own
I remember him straight up repeating points in his TLOU review from the Matthewmatosis' video

>4:13

>muh muh horror games arent scurry
Joseph is dumb enough to pretend his personal feelings are facts and he gets so salty about being called out for conflating his opinions as facts that he literally made a video whining that its not his job when he says, (((horror is just an objectively and I will prove it in a vidya one day))) to make sure we know he's actually just being subjective, not objective

He's a faggot

the infinite review podcasts with richie and gavin are the funniest things I have ever listened to

Is it because of the prime twich tie ins?

Perfect

>pic
KEKEKEKEKEK

Read his written stuff, his analysis on FREE and Bloodborbe are good reads.

I genuinely like his content

I also just like him as a person, he's the daddest dad in video game critique and watching him break down laughing at shit in streams is the best shit ever

Attached: 1556245335357.jpg (1080x1241, 140K)

well, it wasn't an amnesia. He forget about that, cause he wanted to forget and town does whatever person wants. James wanted Mary to be alive, here's the letter. James wanted to be punished, here's PH. James wanted sexy version of Mary, here's Maria. James doesn't want to remember what he did, here's don't remember.

But unlike Joseph, your points aren't correct or well-founded.

Literally just watched a 3 hour video of his and i´ve never watched him (except some highlights while i was playing Persona 5). He seems pretty cool- has some criticism and makes clear that his opinions are his alone. I think i´ll be watching a few more of his videos since he seems to creative in his approached to criticising games (Yeah pretty gay).

>Support me on patreon!
>Stops producing content
Every single time.
Cant wait until the patreon bubble pops and Adpocalypse destroys ad revenue

Attached: Screenshot_22.png (980x653, 485K)

>completely loses his shit from 4min onwards
I mean I get it
it's a funny scenario, I'm laughing myself
but holy fuck

>Every single time.
Nope, mechagamezilla started a patreon and puts out a video and a podcast every month now, when before it was 3 videos and podcasts a year.

he's drunk

Yes but he's not like other ecelebs. Owen is the best boy.

I first got to be a bit skeptical of Sseth when I dig some digging into Cataclysm and SS13's wikis after his videos and found snippets he had stolen verbatim from them. I found his chronicling of his time in SS13 sketchy as a former player myself, but yeah, it's pretty easy to glean that a lot of his takes and content is by committee.

I do wish he'd better disclose the fact that his persona is an amalgamate of a lot of other people's opinions and stuff, because on the whole I really love his performative style and despite his comedy being a little bit edgy the ovearching tone in his content is very wholesome and he seems to celebrate some games that really deserve it.

>The starship was in orbit around a planet named Meidum.

Jesus Christ, even the first sentence is dogshit.

>cringe
oh hey look it's that "i don't have an actual point but want to pretend like i do to justify the conclusion i prematurely came to" word again

Move Clemps to D and it's spot on

i have never once gotten this vibe from his content

There's no reasoning with Sseth fans. Once you're giving someone money to make content that poor it'll be near impossible to be convinced that you should stop. If you're PAYING FOR MEMES then you're obviously a fucking idiot and nothing is going to make you think you should stop because you're already paying for the bottom of the barrel
How can Sseth disappoint or let down people whose expectations are already so low?
Even if you personally aren't paying him money the fact that so many are is genuinely depressing. People gave up on original content at some point and it really sucks.

Examples?

He's a smug retard
His streams are borderline unwatchable, it's him constantly trying to outsmart the game instead of playing normally while his ironic-weeb zoomer fanbase fellates him

>"Blowing up the base," Adam grinned, "I requested for fun."

You can't 'grin' out words. You can't smile them or wink them either. This is not just the calling card of an amtaeur, but the calling card of someone who refuses to learn, because for some reason bad writers get really caught up on this fact and refuse to accept it. They react to normal dialogue markers as if they're poison.

Super Bunnyhop
He uploads once every two months and it's almost exclusively tranny propaganda or VR wankery

>His streams are borderline unwatchable
Then why do I watch them?

Attached: 1556548080841.jpg (388x443, 151K)

>They react to normal dialogue markers as if they're poison.
I can only speak for my own priorities, but when I'm writing I'm deathly afraid of redundancy, so finding ways to mix it up is a priority that a lot of stuff has to take a backseat to.

A lot of them have slowed down, SBH, hbomberguy and Eyepatch wolf used to all upload far more frequently only eyeoatchwolf seems to have picked up the slack.

because you're an ironic-weeb zoomer?

he critiqued the fallout series without playing either 1 or 2. he's a hack

Yes but Eyepatch Wolf also wastes the first and last 5 minutes of each of his videos with his "why......................... you should watch..................................... anime" fuckdumpery and many of his videos are a little too piecemeal from his sources

also I still really fucking resent him for presenting a comic Miura made when he was 19 as a different one he made when he was 10 in his Berserk video despite LITERALLY SHOWING THE FUCKING TITLE PAGE

Attached: 1554676712824.jpg (500x500, 70K)

It would actually be ok if he used a points instead of commas

The guy who made this list

Oh I get it, he stopped producing content [you like]. In that case I'm glad he did.
>slowed down
So they didn't stop?
I don't follow Hbombersoi or that Eyepatch guy but if they didn't promise to make more videos they can do whatever the fuck they want with their patreon money.

I am hot and cold on him, but I can’t stand how much he drawls on. He is incapable of making concise points despite allegedly redrafting all of his scripts multiple times. He seems to believe that it’s being thorough, that’s why his videos are so long, but in actuality he just keeps repeating shit over and over, staying on a tiny point for 10 minutes. It’s effective sometimes but when a critique of a 1 hour video takes 8 hours you know you can really cut some fat off. Definitely good background noise though.

>Except Mauler doesn't do that. He nitpicks retarded stuff like the type of spaceships they used in The Last Jedi (a movie which I do hate by the way) not being ships from the old expanded universe stuff that serves similar purposes and then calls it an objectively bad choice.
Time to jump into the lore, since I actually know this shit.

The notion behind that specific example is that Y-wings (which are also bombers) are far more effective against their targets than the new "Resistance bombers" from TLJ.
Y-wings are faster and more nimble, so they're better able to evade incoming fire and reach their target. They're also equipped with deflector shields, which, again, helps them actually reach their target intact, as opposed to the Resistance bombers, which were shown in TLJ getting shredded by run-of-the-mill laser fire from standard TIE fighters.
Even if you set aside all of the other Expanded Universe information, all of Disney's new supplemental stuff like TV shows, and just go off of the movies, the Y-wing's capabilities are shown in Episode 4, I think alluded to again in Episode 6, and shown VERY clearly in Rogue One.

The problem comes with the notion, which you have to concede happened if you actually think about how this decision was made in-universe, that the Resistance leadership would look at these two ships that accomplish the same task, and then choose to use (and use EXCLUSIVELY) the shitty, demonstrably-inferior bombers, which are slower and more vulnerable, with no apparent benefit for all of these drawbacks.

You can compare the capabilities of these ships objectively. Whether or not one has deflector shields, for example, is objective (i.e. no feelings are involved in the judgment).
And then, when you realize that the Resistance chose to use the objectively-inferior ships, you can (at least try to) argue that that is objectively stupid.

based and redpilled, my Welsh friend

Star Wars lore and worldbuilding has always been a nonsensical mess
Giving it more than 2 brain cells of thought is a waste of time
It's an actual 'turn off your brain and enjoy it' franchise, because otherwise you won't

Attached: 1536761581722.png (964x792, 891K)

>when you realize that the Resistance chose to use the objectively-inferior ships
Had the Resistance have any Y-Wings left?

>Even without that example he does this kind of shit a LOT with nitpicks that don't even matter or hold weight
The point of calling something a "nitpick" is that it is technically a flaw, but it does not detract from the overall movie.
Stuff like the car in the background of the Lord of the Rings movie. It's an editing mistake, but we all understand that it wasn't actually meant to be there in-universe. The movie's not trying to tell us that they have cars in the Shire.

I think that a lot of people who don't understand why a flaw is relevant just dismiss it as a nitpick.
With the example of the bombers, if someone hasn't been following what has been established by the rest of the canonical universe like in , then they're not going to understand why the choice to use those particular bombers in TLJ was illogical to the point of breaking part of the story. They're just going to see the bombers, accept it as a thing within the movie, and keep going.
The key issue with all of this is the stakes within the movie. In this case, it seems like characters procured decided to use shitty bombers for no apparent reason, despite their organization already having had Y-wings in the past, acting illogically just to make the attack less successful and make the scene artificially tense (and for the director to contrive a way to evoke old WW2 bomber footage, going for style over substance or logic).
That's why even little details like this matter. If it seems like characters are doing illogical shit just for the sake of convenience for the movie, it ruins the stakes. If you don't have stakes, you don't have a reason to care about what's happening in the movie.

>or in some cases are just plain wrong.
Not to seem like I'm just sucking his dick at this point, but that's pretty rare, and when he does make a mistake, his audience will catch it and let him know, and he'll apologize for and explain it in the next video.

>Star Wars lore and worldbuilding has always been a nonsensical mess
NO IT FUCKING HASN'T
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Why would the winning side not manufacture more even if they were theoretically all destroyed?

>le "you're watching movies wrong" man

That's not just a stream thing.
They made a really shitty Dragon Quest video with a clickbait title for W O K E points, filled it with fan speculation passed off as facts, responded indignantly when most of their fanbase called the video inaccurate shit, and proceeded to ignore it when mere months later Square proved the entire thesis of their video wrong.

They've got no integrity.

Is "Spam Mitosis" poster still around?

Attached: 145143945793435.png (210x211, 94K)

We're not sure, since the 30-year gap is left so fucking vague that anything could've happened, but barring some retarded cataclysm, is pretty much right.

Fuck Disney anyway. The goddamned EU was actually good, not like this retarded shit.

They just kinda forgot how to use Y-Wings

KINO god
BTFOing delusional SH2 retards

Resistance is like a small splinter group without the funding of the republic. They don't even have proper fleet and the last battle was like what, half a day earlier? You make it sound like they had this huge armada of Y-wings just sitting there and decided to go for the shitty bombers.

His takes on horror games and the horror genre are fucking embarrassing.

>nice voice
It's okay, the vocal fry is absolutely insufferable though once you notice it

Why do the shitty bombers even exist, did they break into a museum to get some ancient roach infested prototypes? How did they come across these new, worthless platforms?

>Suspense, drama, and the grotesque are meaningless if I am not actively frightened.
What a gigabrain.

That would make sense actually. Busting out retired ships for use, like Britain using some 1890 ships during WW1 for the Mediterranean theater.

This stance of his was his most controversial and worst, yeah. Nobody can really argue that point. But for the amount of content he's put out, it's pretty good that most of his work can't be critiqued.

He's an autist (probably literally) who mistakes the nitpicking of mundane minutiae for actual insight. His work insists upon this falsehood that if you dissect something enough, valuable meaning MUST come from it in return.
See
You see, the beauty in this is how it ironically portrays Matthew in a much better light. His statement is an observation - a given. The foundation upon which further points are built. It assumes a baseline level of logical competence on behalf of the viewer. Of course flurry rush is inconsistent, but what of it? With JA, you'll never know because he never asks that question.

Attached: 1534898945428.png (520x626, 22K)

Probably the best writer in the vidya critique business.

For me, it's based Brian. The best videogame analyst

Attached: Ds8d3rUX4AEWuwC.jpg (1200x675, 132K)

I hope at this point it's clear the problem isn't the choice of bombers, that is just a glaring symptom. The problem is the poor worldbuilding, in a story where the setting is an important part and hook. The sequels have terrible worldbuilding, and that's just not good writing.

>favorite youtuber got out of copyright hell and gets to make videos again
Pretty good shit.