What i'm in for ?

what i'm in for ?

Attached: 81ycpa02ZEL._SX425_.jpg (425x530, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looking_Glass_Studios
youtube.com/watch?v=iGWyufVe4OU
youtube.com/watch?v=CtvWSAw69A0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The best immersive sim of the generation that once again shows why a dense but elaborately designed world is much better than a retarded open world. DXMD could've taken the crown if it wasn't half finished.

System Shock 3
honestly a really good game

a shit ending

Extremely fun until you realize how to break the game, then unfun, then a shit ending. The exact same as system shock 2. 9/10

Should I play the dishonored games first before this?

a good time

System Shock 2 didn't have sidequests or multiple ways to traverse a level.

doesn't matter. play what you like.

I agree but I meant the overall progression of the game. Even if you do all the side-quests youre still stuck slogging through the same 5 enemies and doing massive backtracking at the end of the game.

It's not actually a sequel to prey, its an immsersive sim, not a shooter.

A good game.

Probably in the top 10 of 2017.

GOTY 2017. Best spiritual successor to System Shock.
I’m still pissed that Bethesda set it up to fail by forcing the title and giving it not publicity besides negative reactions from Preyfags.

System Shock 2 barely has antly backtracking, when you reach deck 6 you have to go back to deck 1 and activate a switch then go to deck 4 and activate a switch. That's it.

Sure. Both are amazing games.

>GOTY 2017
>not Nier
Definitely not Prey, at least. 2017 was stacked.

imo Prey is better than any game released in 2017

"Breaking" the game is actually canon and semi-acknowledged. Hell there's certain mechanics, especially one big one, that happen at a certain threshold because the game think's you're op.

SJW trash

Nier is hot garbage.

A really good immersive sim/System Shock-like.

Backtracking is nice. I loved it in Metroids when you get double jump boots and remember "aha, now I can make the jump in the room I was earlier in".

Are there any other proper immersive sims like Prey released during this generation at all? Hell, or even during the last?

it's fucking boring, and the choices you make don't matter because you chose your ending at the very end.

>Fps on consoles

still dont know if i should refund mooncrash or not

The worst Gamedesign in AAA history and usual arcane sleek and crisp gameplay

>Objective in Room X
>Oohhhh too bad it's locked
>Adjacent floor to room X OHHH TO BAD IT YOU HAVE TO HAVE LVL 3 power to move the giant crate blocking it
>grazed the entire level, one room left
>ok the keycard is def in that room
>OHHH TO BAD BRO THE TERMINAL IS LOCKED OOPS LOOKS LIKE YOU NEED LEVEL 2 HACKING TO OPEN IT THEHE

Repeat this 100 times
That's the whole game

Most overrated piece of shit DEVs memeing onto Yea Forumsictims I've ever seen

Thoroughly unenjoyable , perverse caricature of what immersive sim is.

Attached: 1560032946842.jpg (960x960, 43K)

you lie. you can beat the whole game without getting ANY upgrades to hack or strenght etc

Pure bred bullshit

It's the epitome of upgrade locked gameplay
You literally cannot progress the game without spending upgrades for the right things like HACKING/moving.objects at the right times

>needing to move things when he has recycle grenades

A game that idiots play as a shooter and complain when they keep on dying.

Craft. Explore. You stupid motherfuckers.

>Ways around.
>Grenades.
>Bunch loads other fuckery.

There's some flaws in this game but it does a great job giving you choices in exploration as truly linear as it is.

no m8, there is an achievement for not getting any upgrades and beating the game like that, you stupid nigger cunt.

also this

user if you don't hack or craft or upgrade your character what the fuck were you even doing in the game?

This. The game gives you multiple solutions to every obstacle. They created the levels like that on purpose.

Look this is probably a generation thing. Take Prey slow. Think.

Attached: Single-player_games_2017_Prey.jpg (590x332, 145K)

???

there are lesbians and most of the crew are niggers

literally not true

>Muh achievement?

Yea and how many people have gotten it cunt?

F.e
>The gate to the reactor level with MC's wounded ex gf is closed and ONLY openable with lvl 2 hacking

So fuck yourself mane

Attached: 1560034083793.jpg (720x900, 46K)

why wouldnt there be niggers and homos?

Triggered snowflake detected.

They don't make a big deal of it at least. It's the bearable sort of pandering where there's just token gays and too many nignogs hanging around.

If you mean that big guy that shows up occasionally, he'll show up no matter what, even with no powers.

its not the games fault if youre too retardet to find a way around that door

COD 4 is pure bred bullshit

It's the epitome of gun locked gameplay.
You literally cannot progress the game without using guns for things like SHOOTING/firing at people at the right times

no, i dont care, i enjoy the game for what it is.

>Yea and how many people have gotten it cunt?

0.8% on steam nigger, I'm halfway through myself.

no one can possibly be that clueless and bad at playing the game, right lads? He's trolling, gotta be

>The biggest "heartbreaking" recording and text messages mini drama story is about two separated "wives" of Asian descent

Big yikes from me dawg

cuphead.mp4

>SJW trash
>there are lesbians and most of the crew are niggers

>no, i dont care
ok retard

I'm not
Ive beaten it on difficult with no alien upgrades and killed the nightmare maximum on 2 try

Not bad desu but point out where I'm wrong or kys, take the reactor level gate for example

lesbians and niggers in games are not a problem. niggers in a city are a problem

you can get there via other means.

>knows there are people who have beaten the game with no upgrades
>still thinks hacking 2 is necessary
i dont think we can help you man

Use a recycle grenade retard. The game gives you every resource to solve every problem of the main plot. Its up to you as the player to figure out how to apply those mechanics.

no one can possibly insist on being that clueless and bad at playing the game, right lads? He's trolling, gotta be

>Nier
Hahahahahahaha

Genuinely one of the best games this gen, don't listen to these retards crying about SJWs or the brainlet who can't fathom the many player routes built into the level design.

If almost 1% have the achievement for no neuromods or enhancements, then by definition you can bypass the gate without level 2 hacking. Also iirc you can bypass it by shooting a button with the foam bow

The gate to the reactor level where your gf is wounded
Is locked

Code isn't proved anywhere , only openable with hacking 2

Fight me cunts
Point out where I'm wrong , how you can access the unbreakable gate without hacking and Ill eat my shit

Why do you respond to literal redditors? Look at spacing for fuck's sake, all they want to do is fit, just report them and move on.

containment breach of research space structure, everybody dies leaving behind a creepy megafold with AI still intact
Goes well with dead space, system shock bioshock that lonely feel

>Look up every code in the game on a website

>AH YES I DID PLAY TROUGH WITHOUT HACKING TOTSLLY ON MY OWN VOLITION HOW COULD YOU TELL

This.

I think in a couple of years it will be mentioned along with System Shock 2 and Deus Ex.

How insecure, sad, lonely and pathetic is your life, insect? The 1st time I heard those it my reaction was somthing along the lines of "Oh, lesbians, alright". Unironically have sex, weirdo.

Well seeing as there is only one lesbian couple and most of the crew is dead I’ll suffer a little pozzing for a great atmosphere and gameplay

Haven't played since release, but isn't that optional?

ok hes trolling

Fairly solid game, more polished than other shock games but not as unique. The aliens are boring and lack varations, the weapon pool is small but they serve their purpose. It lack tension more so than other shock games, able to clear areas without aliens respawning as you search a given area and resources can get plentiful. Overal a decent game my only gripes being the boring aliens, generic story, and its cheap jump scares with enemies and the music.

lmao dis retard

>I'm numb to disgusting shit and tolerant of honos duality in le current year thehe I'm such a well adjusted individual thehe

Dilate.

Attached: 1560028373714.png (2931x3537, 2.73M)

>Game didn't do well financially.
It's not fair.

personally, i played with 0 hacking and got stuck on that part for a while

then i saw the button you can shoot with the foam bolts

oops

Stop baiting, you braindead cunt

sounds like you just cant stop thinking about those homos and trannies, huh?

>Nier

Attached: updatedCringe.png (500x495, 468K)

Fuckoff faggot I'm serious
>OHHU AND THE PC THAT OPENS THE GATE IS LOCKED TOO HAHAA

fuck you and your shit design timewaster Dev joke meme game faggot

Attached: 1559920043093.png (446x435, 81K)

The digital deluxe edition of this game is on the PS store for $24 right now. Is it worth it?

GOTG

Attached: Prey.webm (854x480, 2.96M)

No
Fuck this game. It's shit boring and timewasting

unhinged. obsessed.

If you can't get it on PC for cheaper, you might as well.

A pretty damn good game.
If they make a sequel and polish/balance the game further it would be GOAT.

The atmosphere of the game is amazing, and has the arcane style of "approach however you want" which works great in this game.

Recycle grenades are awesome

Superior Prey, coming through.

Attached: 66361-prey-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x1153, 167K)

yeah if it includes mooncrash. got basegame + that dlc on pc for 20. totally worth it

Yea Forums scares me sometimes. The world has women niggers lesbians and incels. Diversity is not SJW its every day reality and if you don't deal with it may god help you.

>has the arcane style of "approach however you want"
Underage spotted. That's the Looking Glass approach.

If the non-deluxe edition is cheaper just get that. The DLC is a fucking roguelite.

The devs cant give you a story critical task you cant complete. She is
1-optional
2- as points out, foam

get rekt you fuck

>Looking Glass approach.
The what.
Educate me user, I'm not familiar with that term

this dude is literally, unironically salty that he was too stupid for the game

i get it though. Its frustrating being stuck on a tough puzzle

Modern games have made me too used to the idea of combat music, so whenever I try to play System Shock 2 I get anxiety because the regular soundtrack is just that tense

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looking_Glass_Studios

looking glass studios made system shock, ultima underworld, thief

That's pretty sad Mr. Neckbeard McVirgin, get a life.

youtube.com/watch?v=iGWyufVe4OU
here you go based retard user, note he doesn't hack the console

yeah. i'm gonna do my next run with music turned off. brosius did absolutely stellar job with it tho

>Arx Fatalis = Ultima Underworld
>Dishonored = Thief
>Prey = System Shock
What's next for Arkane?

i hope more arx fatalis. great setting

Ok , thanks

Attached: ce8.png (621x702, 56K)

Negroshock from the looks of it

no problem. sorry i called you a stupid nigger but it really annoys me when niggas insist something is true when it really is not.

>Arkane didn't announce Prey 2 at e3
Deathloop looks ok I guess.

Attached: 1497202241992.jpg (1007x742, 126K)

Arkane's Deus Ex

>Deathloop looks ok I guess
We have no idea what it is outside of a non-gameplay trailer. I mean, it's Arkane so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt but we really don't know anything about it gameplay wise.

Prey bombed hard.

Nice, we won.

it didnt tho

It's okay...niGGERRRRRR!!!

Ha ,gotchem!

>? = Ultima Underworld 2
>Dishonored 2 = Thief 2
>? = System Shock 2

Attached: 1547851362489.png (1255x1649, 1.14M)

PLAY THE FUCKING GAME INSTEAD OF POSTING ABOUT IT FAGGOT

i'm getting rekt early game, like I just have that gun that stun/Freezes them and the wrench, what the fuck do I do to phantoms ? 4 hits and i'm dead

>games I like keep doing shit sales wise and fucking die
I'm cursed.

Attached: 1554745561124.gif (216x150, 1.98M)

Imagine Deus Ex but without good writing and Bioshock but without art direction, that's what you're in for. Or as people who never played immersive sims before put it "the best immersive sim out there".

Run away

This

>elaborately designed world
>boring grey corridors with 0 personality
Yes very elaborate

Either don't bother fighting them yet or come up with a creative way to use turrets/environmental hazards to beat them.
Also, there's a shotgun in the lobbyif you look hard enough.

/Thread

Overrated as fuck unless you enjoy spending 20hours searching for keycards on a neo-art-deco retrofuturistic space station with some the laziest designed aliens in game history

Throw shit at them or shotgun at point blank so they fall over.

are you telling me that throwing a book does more damage than hitting them with a wrench ?

No, I'm telling you to throw sofas at them. You got the strength upgrade right? IIRC you can get it extremely early in the game and it's universally useful.

Just stop liking shit games.

The closest we’ll ever get to System Shock 3 in this generation.

That was BioShock Infinite.

Attached: 6234.png (979x874, 584K)

how do I achieve a mimic gf ?

no I took repair and hacking

reddit spacing:
underage:
retard:

youtube.com/watch?v=CtvWSAw69A0

Attached: 1340153133143.gif (245x187, 1.93M)

Become a cup

Attached: Prey_MimicMatter_730x411.png (1160x653, 1.22M)

Prey thread are shitposted to death because of retards like you that keep giving away free replies.

The only jump scares are the mimics but those can be avoided with the detector

What's a good alien design? I thought the black shadow style was neat

Says a lot about the state of the current game industry that this was the only game in recent memory I played, enjoyed, and still wanted and did replay it again.

Could say the same about DaS3, but that wasn't actually fun at least until I got gud.

Attached: 14278252070181.jpg (269x222, 17K)

>What's a good alien design?

Attached: a67ff7ab891c97baa1aec1bb610752a6.jpg (564x398, 33K)

Dark Souls 3 is terrible.

Do you genuinely think this would fit the game. The aliens are these etheric shapeshifting things, the design suits them pretty well. The phantoms were too humanoid like with the angry eyes and all but otherwise good

Deathloop

A pretty good game with some rough edges.

>Spending most of the game tossing cargo around at Phantoms

Good times.

Name a more atmospheric locale.

Attached: 02_04_-_Prey_ArboretumVista_Dec16.jpg (1920x1080, 591K)

Nier is cringy weeb shit

Problem isn't designing spooky or good looking alien life forms, it's pairing the design with a narrative and a fitting world.

Look at the current state of the Aliens franchise for example, and how they drove it into the ground, anyway, prey wouldn't have worked with any other design than black playdough goo as that's what the story demands, god I miss Dead Space so fucking much, rip Visceral.
I thought it was too, until I did dex and int builds, you will suffer the entire game if you don't lure and kite enemies, also resins are OP.

as for the game itself, it's worse than 1 and maybe 2, but it's still a great game.

Attached: alien_queen.jpg (825x464, 52K)

I dislike how it almost requires you to use the objective markers in some sections (namely outside the station)

Attached: f0db612a.jpg (640x640, 105K)

A game with Soul. Mick Gordon knocked it out of the park with music and the writing is solid. Gameplay is manageable, the powers are neat. I hope it get s a sequel that elaborates and makes the Typhon better enemies. Also, the performances are wonderful

Hilariously repetitive enemies

a boring and shitty fucking game with like 5 enemies.

Stick to Fortnite.

not an argument

I've been thinking, a lot of people say the audio logs in System Shock 1 (and 2 I think?) were really hammy. In this game the voices are certainly good actors, but that just makes the logs sound very acted out. I genuinely think the logs sound more natural in System Shock, because they sound like normal humans recording their thoughts. If I was recording my spur of the moment thoughts, I wouldn't really put effort into emphasizing words in a dramatic enough way

Attached: SystemShock.jpg (1600x900, 295K)

An awesome game, one of the best this gen.

It may be an immersive sum but it's still a first person shooter, get it on pc retard.

Outside, sure, because it's basically an ocean of space for you to explore. But inside I never once needed assistance, everything was so exquisitely crafted.

It's advice user, I'd have advised you to stick to meme compilations on Youtube since your ADHD will prevent you from enjoying most games.

Attached: 135765243166326.jpg (406x364, 41K)

NieR is better in everything except Gameplay.

Nier was legitimately the worst game I played in 2017.

Attached: 1520550196171.gif (500x382, 125K)

I enjoy most games because a bunch aren't so badly designed that you can exactly predict what's gonna happen in a given room after 8 minutes of gameplay.

Which would you recommend me...

Shadow of War $5
or
Infamous $2,9

??

Attached: 1560569546864.png (944x1565, 2.38M)

Random Deus Ex HR/MD streetcorner
Stalkers every patch of grass
Every Metro Tunnel

>Btfo

I was so buttmad about Prey 2 being canceled that I never gave this game a chance until now. They should have called it something else.

It was originally Typhon until Bethesda canceled Prey 2 and made Arkane use the name.

Literally no one cared about Prey 2. Not to mention that Prey 2017 is infinitely better than Prey 2006.

Ultimately, how many enemies does a game like this really need. There are the mimics that imitate objects, the phantoms that are like these normal grunts, the telepaths that mind control people, the big tank things that use turrets against you, turrets (if you use typhon skills) the operators, the weavers(?) that affect your psi abilities, poltergeists that are invisible and throw shit at you, and the big boi. I guess I wouldn't mind more variety, but only if they're actually unique in some way, and not just another thing that shoots at you. Seeing as the phantoms can already shift around quickly, I don't think a big rammer type enemy would really add anything for instance. Plus the visual designs are inherently limited since they mostly need to be these black shapes

>boring grey corridors with 0 personality
user if you experienced only 30 minutes of anything at all you are probably no expert on the matter

I didn't actually have issues on PS4, originally I wanted to play it on PC but I ended up playing it on PS4 and it was fine. You don't shoot stuff that much, and you can just sneak around or use other skills anyway. I did end up using the shotgun a lot, but I didn't really have issues hitting stuff with that

Infamous no doubt.
Shadow of War bored the hell out of me even though I liked the first game. Infamous is just great fun

That's wrong tho, the game always keeps things fresh, new weapons, new abilities, new areas, even when you backtrack things don't stay the same, safe areas don't stay safe, enemies become stronger and their presence grows, not to mention there are plenty of secrets to get to, please tell me you at least got the golden gun.
Blame the souless money grubbing cunts at Beth, you can also blame them for the non existent marketing and coverage for this game.

Attached: Artemispistol.jpg (700x194, 20K)

You mean Zenimax,

And this game probably would have done better if it didn't bury itself in instant controversy with that title.

Yup, whatever that jew fuck has his fingers on.

Attached: Robert+Altman.jpg (600x511, 98K)

Bioshock/System Shock with the Ing from Metroid Prime 2 as enemies.

>That's wrong tho, the game always keeps things fresh, new weapons, new abilities, new areas, even when you backtrack things don't stay the same, safe areas don't stay safe, enemies become stronger and their presence grows, not to mention there are plenty of secrets to get to, please tell me you at least got the golden gun.
>imagine actually believing this

lmao nigga literally just get kinetic blast 3 and faceroll the entire game ez.

>investing in filthy Ayylmao tech.
Upgrade firearms, sneak, and combat focus, congrats you can now oneshot almost all of the niggas you come across and empty entire magazines in the big fucks you can't one shot before they have a chance to look at you,

Attached: 16284687235681893 (17).png (295x341, 66K)

I'm not saying people play a game "wrong", if it can be broken it's ultimately the game's fault. But that sounds pretty boring. I think the fun in games like these is that you can do things in so many ways. It's a shame if people find one OP skill that mitigates everything

Attached: 1558944870792.png (150x146, 37K)

Actually now that I think about it, doesn't Dishonored kind of suffer from the same issue. Arkane adds such wild and powerful skills that let you steamroll things. Compared to Thief where you're always vulnerable. Same with Prey and System Shock for instance, you can never become quite as overpowered in those compared to this game

You're meant to be OP user, it's part of the story, the skill trees, the weapon upgrades, by mid game you're unlikely to ever die again if you have half a brain, and by the end you're unstoppable.

plus it was all a simulation, you're meant to make it to the end, or if you choose the pussy path and escape mid game, they'll just get another one and do another simulation[\spoiler]
Again, it fits the narrative, Corvo was already a literal fooking legend before he met The Outsider, after that compared to the normal rabble he's a demigod.

Fuck Dishonored 2 tho, and fuck Bethesda.

Attached: corvo-attano-mask-1.jpg (1000x1000, 89K)

Arkane is notorious for giving you the tools to break a game early on.

>Fireball

Attached: Arx_Fatalis_cover_8603.jpg (300x401, 89K)

I usually intentionally try to limit myself in games like these, if it seems like I can become too powerful. Because I start having way less fun at that point, I usually enjoy the start the most when I'm the most vulnerable

Attached: Arx Fatalis cooking a chicken.webm (960x540, 2.82M)

>Tch
>...this is raw

thank you user

Attached: 1494686904638.gif (512x288, 471K)

Basically dishonored but a survival horror game. It's pretty fun to fuck around in.

>play Dishonored
>they give you a literal Time Stop ability
Yeah, you're definitely meant to be overpowered in these games.

Attached: 1550260203579.jpg (683x1024, 59K)

>Superior Prey
No it's not, OG Prey is such a boring linear shooter. I'm sad for what happened to the studio and how Bethesda fucked them over, but Prey, Doom 3, and Quake 4, and RAGE are the dark age of ID Software.

>Basically dishonored but a survival horror game
So System Shock.

Pretty much, yeah. I just used dishonored because it's the same company.

Humanhead fucked themselves. All they had to do was, you know, make the game, but they kept failing to meet deadlines. They did the same shit with the original Prey, which was supposed to release in the late 90s.

Whose roots you can directly trace back to LGS.

God I wish they would remake it, but they will fuck it up.
Pirate Shadow of Mordor, the games are fun for a while but ges old and boring, really, really fast once the novelty of the mechanics loses it's charms, and it's no different from every Ubisoft open world game.
Prey isn't a great game, maybe even not a good game, but it's still a quintessential gamer must play, the art direction is fantastic, and I don't think another game did the alien ship/alien landscape any better.

I love how the game makes you feel like a wizard when the rune drawing system actually works with no hiccups, feels fucking amazing.

Imagine that shit with VR, hell, imagine it with Kinect, dumbass AAA publishers.

It's a bad sad that a whole lot of the spells aren't really useful

I just replayed system shock series back to back and now I'm playing prey, what a good ass game. I love exploring outside the station in space.

Attached: dims.jpg (1800x1013, 608K)

Imagine having your shit game fail not once, but twice to gain any traction while a jap creates a superior game that's also art

Attached: 1370853593344.jpg (500x375, 45K)

Git gud.

Attached: Arx Fatalis 2.webm (720x404, 2.94M)

what?

They're nothing alike and in no way connected. They're all pretty good games, so do as you like.

as a massive fan of the looking glass games, I thought dishonored was just alright but prey is one of the best games from this generation

This but unironically.

Thief > Dishonored
Prey > System Shock

>hurrr how do I open shit omg
>wtf why do they give me this gay ass crossbow it doesn't even do damage

Fuck you're retarded user. Playing video games just isn't for you. Literally too stupid to have a good time.

I swear I learn something new about how to play this game every damn thread