Bought witcher 3 + dlc for $15, tell me what i'm in for while it's downloading. casual witcher 3 thread

bought witcher 3 + dlc for $15, tell me what i'm in for while it's downloading. casual witcher 3 thread

Attached: 874487456871.jpg (1200x675, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PPMVQiDv62c
reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/1gvhm3/wide_as_an_ocean_and_deep_as_a_puddle_a_rant/
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3112
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>*whistles for magic horse*
>*autoruns on road to quest marker*
>*toucan sam vision activates*
>"Mhmm....giant slash marks all over the victim....a Drowner™, gotta be"
>"Come on, Roach"
>*follows nose*
>*guys in Drowner™ costumes appear*
>"OY BLOODY 'ELL FUCKING CUNT SHIT FUCK CUNT, IT'S A FUCKIN' WITCHER IT IS! GET 'EM"
>"Shit you stink" ALALALALALALALALA *sets guys on fire and they stumble and recover immediately, does a cinematic slash and cuts guys in half*
>"Mhmm....Bandits™ pretending to be Drowners™......better tell the village head about this"
>"Come on, Roach"
>*autoruns on road back to village*
>"OY BLOODY FUCK CUNT WITCHAH, WOT ABOUT DA CONTRACT WESE PAIDS YA FOR YA BLOODY FUCKING CUNT?"
>"Just some bastards posing as Drowners™, here's proof" *shows flipper*
>"OY KURWA, HERE'S YA REWARD DA WHOLE VILLAGE CHIPPED IN"
>"Drowning in Danger" Complete AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>10 crowns received

Oh, It's that guy from Soul Calibur!

Gay sex. a lot of them.

sounds like i'm in for some good ol' scottish shouting

Terrible combat. Playing on higher difficulties = you slicing at things with your sword for 15+ times while you are made of glass.

Against big ass unhuman things like gargoyles/golems it makes sense, but against other humans it is just silly.

Install some graphic mods from nexusmods, and it will be the most beautiful game out on the market right now.

Story is great. RPG elements are nice.

Attached: tw3.jpg (3840x2160, 1.66M)

boring adventure game with great characters, shit main story and fantastic smaller stories. depending on whether you like ''cinematic'' games you will either love it or hate it
>Story is great. RPG elements are nice.
objectively false. there is no emotional connection a player can feel to ciri and the RPG elements are borderline non-existent to lackluster

Your opinion is false.

Mehish combat, good locations, good characters and story
Take the exploring mod so the dumb level system doesn't fuck you over
Shouldn't be a secondary :^)

nothing opinionated about facts, everything about the main story is complete shit except the side tracked shit like the baron, and the moment the main story starts focus exclusively on ciri, it drops in quality excessively.

you're in for the best written character out of any media in existence. not exaggerating.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

nah

Not OP, but should W3 be my first Witcher game?

I WANT TO FUCK CIRI NOW

w1 is superior in every regard so no

>Terrible combat. Playing on higher difficulties = you slicing at things with your sword for 15+ times while you are made of glass.
>Against big ass unhuman things like gargoyles/golems it makes sense, but against other humans it is just silly.
I played on Death March and this is patently false. Unless you're ignoring skill points, blade oils, and weapon durability, but at that point, that's not the fault of the combat, that's on you.

have sex tranny

>BBfags still mad 4 years later

CDPR are supporters of trannies, though.

also have kids

got the hood version?

combat is boring as shit and theres a million side quests to do but they're literally all boring, tedious and just reskins of previous side quests

good luck finding the willpower to finish this slog of a game

w1 and w2 are ultimately and objectively unplayable so yes

Everything in the game is good sans combat and repetitive elements like music.

>mfw I started the game with the intent of 100%'ing it but I couldn't muster the will to finish all side quests
following red trails just isn't fun. also if you do all quests oy gevalt becomes seriously overpowered for the main quest.

CDPR just can't into game design

no play 1 and 2 first

I really like that mod that changes combat, disabling targeting, adding distance modifiers and such.
Made the combat really fun.

>iterally all boring
>Last Wish
>Towerful of Mice
>Wild at Heart
>Ghost Of The Past
okay retard

>follow red trails
>follow red trails
>follow red trails
>follow red trails
your point?

I've player this for over 100 hours and never bothered with oils lol. I hate the menus

Attached: 1530625359314.jpg (680x435, 71K)

It's true, you have to know how to read to enjoy the game, I hadn't considered that.

then go and play puzzle games you retard

Try actually playing the game, friend.

I got into "following the red trails" because very little of W1 and 2 made me feel like a monster hunter. Sure just following red markers around isn't the best way to do it either but at least Geralt was tracking things and occasionally luring beasts into traps rather than just "hey you're a monster hunter, right? go kill 20 harpies."

>I hate the menus
they're so horribly consolized shit, out of any game I ever played, only witcher 2 was worse in this regard.

shame too because W1 UI was great.

CDPR just can't into game design anymore I guess
did you follow red trails while making this shitpost?

Too accurate. I got bored after around 30 hours

>spouting memes
>accuses others of shitposting
okay retard

I did. out of it's many flaws, quest design is by far the worst offender
I feel like despite the horrible quest design W3 would have been a great monster hunter simulator if not for the looming threat of finding Ciri

A surprisingly fun card mini-game that's almost entirely optional (I think one of the main DLC quests forces you into a match, but that's it).

I just started the other day, you're gonna need to brush up on some events from the previous game at one point as you get interrogated which give you play through the direction. Fuck awesome game, dunno why I put it off for so long.

Fetch quests and one of the worst combat you ever seen in RPG game, enjoy.

>reality is now a meme
lmfao go dilate

oh also having to loot every box in existance for supplies gets fucking boring

Fun. Just play the game as you like. Personally I'd recommend turning the difficulty up to hard, but you don't have to.

>LOOK AT ME I AM MEMING
>DO I FIT IN YET?

Attached: 1527261886127.jpg (842x792, 114K)

It's funny because the menu works even worse on console, it's super laggy. Made me not want to use it at all

>Playing on higher difficulties = you slicing at things with your sword for 15+ times while you are made of glass.
Not at all. Yes, you die so fucking quick, but your enemies aren't damage sponges like most nightmare difficulty modes. That being said, I played a signs build on my Death March run, and we all know how broken those can be when built right.

the gwent quests were the best part of the main game, even the simple ones where you just go to a village and challenge someone, never did play DLCs
loot was boring in general, too much emphasis on crafting shit and everything you find is useless by comparison to what you can craft
not surprised, CDPR are very incompetent when it comes to gameplay design

>follow red line xd
lmfao have sex

>I hate the menus
I know it's "cheating" or whatever, but mods that make oils last until you apply a new one just makes the game smoother.

follow a red line and have kids, CDtranny

VN's have more gameplay than the witcher and the witcher doesn't even have cute girls.

Spoted a filthy secondary, read the books you illiterate

One of the best and most immersive stories ever. The character building and bonding is brilliant.

this is too accurate. I only beat the game twice before I got bored. (not counting new game+)

are you retarded? why waste time with your subpar plumber shit when I can read something good?

read the books

Not really, all you need to do is not skip the dialogue

>the witcher doesn't even have cute girls

Attached: 851oedligyh21.jpg (940x518, 80K)

Man every thread on Yea Forums is always swarmed by 1-2 autistic virgins who claim the game is so shit its literally unplayable

W1 and W2 were written in a way that you don't need them for W3 at all. W2 gives you a background on W3, but that's it.

It's shit.

Attached: Untitled.png (383x439, 166K)

I mean I never even bothered making any oils. I had tons of recipes for stuff I could craft but I didn't really care to look at any of them. Quen + Dodge has worked well enough. A lot of the stuff I could make also seemed pretty superfluous, like I wouldn't probably bother applying any of them anyway

Play on Death March, anything lower and you're robbing yourself of the experience.

If you're dying you're not using Quen or fighting an enemy way above your level.
If things take too long to kill you're not using the right oil/decoctions/potiona/spell combo.
PLAY GWENT.

No. I won't let my mom's life lay in the hands of neckbeard Yea Forums.

>there are people in this thread that didn't play a Signs build

It's like you faggots don't even want to have fun

Attached: witcher3-signs.png (520x200, 55K)

Dark Souls god tier combat ruined The Witchers absolute trash combat for me

>plays the last, finishing part of the story
>nags about how uninvolved he feels
You can't get any worse

then stop eating it

youtube.com/watch?v=PPMVQiDv62c
make sure to install the superior combat mod before playing

I can't

Attached: 489784956.gif (454x305, 1.16M)

W1's story wasn't dependent on reading subpar books.

Sorry but it's simply not a fucking argument, the game is mediocre by all regards, and now you expect me to put time reading mediocre books just so I can get more attached to Ciri?

They're all 50 years old, well at least they look like it.

Eurojank. The game is okay, but I don't know what it is, just doesn't pull it all together. Everything is just a little off.

Exploring becomes repetitive pretty quick and is unrewarding. Combat isn't that great. Enemy variety isn't that great. Looting stuff isn't great, not much variety of useful items. Leveling your guy..eh, the skill trees/powers don't feel that fun. There's just not that much variety I guess.

Attached: 1528567893637.png (545x774, 481K)

>tfw your 2nd playthrough of Witcher 3 was just a Gwent simulator

I really fucked up by not using this.

alright, is there a guide that has a list of mods i should use? or is there a few that are agreed upon by everyone that plays this game?

There are more cute girls that just sorceresses

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 177K)

it's because the W3 is a confused product stuck between being eurojank and being AAA high production value, so in the end it doesn't have the quality of either, it's just a jack of all trades that's wide as an ocean but deep as a puddle

Ew pancakes.

>that's wide as an ocean but deep as a puddle
Only hacks just use this line. I'm sick to death of hearing it repeated.

Buy the original instead of the cheap Polish knockoff.

Attached: todd howard door.jpg (350x350, 17K)

i need a video of kojima saying it now

>witcher combat emphasis on preparations
>blindly just swing the sword
>expecting things to change
have you heard the definition of insanity ?

Attached: 12313622_1674071919530784_6060336804382174640_n.jpg (438x405, 17K)

really triggered by the truth eh?

That's not Shani.

Attached: chrome_2019-06-16_00-37-46.png (1115x625, 1.86M)

It's the truth. Cope.

This. It's a great game and there's a ton if content, but you easily start to notice the pattern

Alright friends it's been a fun thread but it's time for bed.
Good night bros.

I really don't get the appeal of this game.
Witcher 3 was made for consoles and it shows, the earlier titles are questionable.

But I whole-heartedly respect the effort that was made to create these games with the low budgets they had.

just dont give up after 2 hours and you will like it
its hard to get in because theres lot of things to learn but if you play it for few hours you will not regret it

blood and wine and hearts of of stone are literally the best expansions in the history of gaming so its worth to play witcher 3 for 50 hours just for these two expansions

reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/1gvhm3/wide_as_an_ocean_and_deep_as_a_puddle_a_rant/

the heck? W3 had a massive budget, advertisement too. stupid journalists shilled for CDPR because they were ''ze underdogs'' too, even though they weren't anymore

$15 seems like a pretty great price if all the DLC is included. I'd definitely buy it, if I actually had time to play it right now. But I really don't. I hardly have time to play anything, let alone a time-consuming RPG, which is why I only buy games anymore when they're practically free, like $3 or less. Paying $3 to play through 5% of a game before the baby starts crying again and oh shit I still have to do the laundry and oops it's Monday already time to go to work for another 5 days is fine, but if I'm paying $15 or more, then I actually want to play the shit and enjoy it. Maybe next time have a week off from work...

What if we had a dragon's dogma game with the witcher's writing?

that wedding quest with shani is peak of videogame quests
literally 11/10

Here is the real deal OP

Yea Forums hates w3 becouse it can't handle how it's both popular and superb game, so most of the things you will read here comes from butthurt darksouls drones

Now here are some points for you
>you don't have to play w1 and w2 to enjoy w3 but there are some returning characters
>you should read the books, the fan favorites character come back for w3.
Ciri(the main character of the books), yenefer, the Imperator, the vampire fren and many more. W3 is also a finishing arc for geralt and others, a conclusion to a very long story started in books.
>the game is fine on normal but the best on hard
>combat is not that great but if you go out of your way to do difreny things (signs, bombs, oils, skills) you should have fun.
>you can mod the combat with mods but I wouldn't rexomand to do that for the first playthrough
>there is a great attention to detail, you will find new things every time you play a certain part
>choices matter long term and short term
>alchemy tree is a meme
>if you are fine with reading stuff, notes, journal and the bestiary provide some additional flavor
>go blind and don't worry about outcomes too much, don't spoil yourself with the internet
>unless you're a completionist, ignore most of the "?" marks, it's the ubisoft open world meme for the most part.
>most of all, enjoy the ride

poor guy really got done a number on. surprised reddit got redpilled on how subpar Skyrim and Witcher 3 are though

how do i unsub from this blog

>W1's story wasn't dependent on reading subpar books
Completely wrong
Read the books yo moron

>alchemy tree is a meme
You've never been more wrong, friend.
Alchemy + light attack crit builds are the best in the game.

You didn't play Witcher 1.

>dadgamers
Cringe

Good things:
>Amazing story (at least the first half, or 2/3)
>Great characters
>Interesting world
>A lot of fun side activities (Gwent is the best minigame ever put in videogames to date)
>Even if there are a lot of fetch quests or "follow red trail/batman vision" they are rarely boring or simple and usually always involve some twist or unique solution
>Great DLCs that could be separate game on their own
>Nice atmosphere
Bad things:
>meh combat
>it can get boring/draw out over long period
>economy is shit
>the story becomes worse at the end/final arcs
>Blood and Wine main story is pretty weak

Attached: 475675.jpg (500x637, 194K)

You didn't read the books

"witcher senses"

Attached: 1545601385188.gif (500x281, 297K)

This never fails to make me kek hard

>literally the best expansions in the history of gaming
undead nightmare and ballad of gay tony

I'm worried at how accurate this is...

Already played this on PS4 but grabbed it during the sale. What are some good mods for PC version?

>undead nightmare and ballad of gay tony
Yikes

Fuck I miss when expansions were actually expansions.

Solid writing is still boring if in a bland and uninspired universe

Irrelevant, to my previous comment. Play Witcher 1.

Also lol @ you for wasting time with shitty books, read something good silly

DOWNLOAD THE MOD WHICH INCREASES THE FOV DURING WITCHER VISION AND REMOVES THE FILTER. YOU EYES WILL THANK ME LATER OP.

>tell me what i'm in for
game of the generation

Attached: 20190614020642_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.04M)

Install a mod that auto equips oils for you, it make combat alot less tedious.

>Enchanced Edition.
For gameplay
>textures for graphics
>a mod that gives you a coat

Go to bed, pops.

Don't be a contrarian just for (You)'s user-san..

atleast 100 hours of fun

dilate
lord of destruction ;_;

sounds like xbox 360 zoomer to me

But the combat is so fucking easy there's no incentive to use bombs, potions, oils, or concoctions. I went through the entire game just using light attacks + Quen, and very quickly it got to the point where the only time my Quen was removed was due to time instead of actually getting hit. Also there was the grand idea of making a perk that allows food items to heal you for 20 real minutes.

On Death March I became more concerned with my weapon breaking from taking 10 minutes to beat an enemy 10 levels over me than I was with actually dying.

It's almost 11 AM you fucking zoomer. You go to bed. It's your nap time.

dilate

yup, bullseye.

dilate

do you have that picture of geralt with the word “cunny” under him?

rent free. grow up, zoomy

The whole w1 story is little more than a parallel to the surprise child (Alvin/ciri),
The white cold, main theme of the whole game is first introduced and explaind in detail in the books. And I could go for hours, w1 is not much more than a tribute to the books and compilation of polish memes of the time.

You've got to be blind to see it as anything more but then again, you didn't read the books

Fucking fall damage I swear.

>a metaphor was used on reddit so you guys can't use it!!!!
Jesus Christ.

Attached: 1387391289765.jpg (380x377, 33K)

wot? you think your shitter 3 expansions all the best of all time when shit like brood war and undead nightmare exists and you call me a zoomer?

also dilate

My god you're one boring motherfucker that's for sure.

You're retarded, W1 does a good job of introducing the player to every story element alongside the amnesiac Geralt. As he -re-learns things so do you.

Not surprised from someone reading subpar plumber shit, though

>I cant be bothered to play video games but I've read on Yea Forums that these expansions are good!

>Jesus Christ
Way to reveal yourself, redditor

if anything you're the one who didn't play them

don't forget night of the raven, frozen throne, LoD, yury's revenge and so on. witcher 3 is a baby game for zoomers with shit taste

>Used, proliferated, and overused by said community.
Also Totalbiscuit quoted it nearly in every single episode of his shitty podcast which is where most Yea Forumsaggots first heard it from and people use it unironically to make themselves sound poignant.

Yeah, cdp made sure that children who didn't read the books yet could enjoy the game too

>witcher 3 is a baby game for zoomers with shit taste
sounds like your expertise

>able to beat everything using your sword with ease
>but you're supposed to WANT to use these useless side things for immersion!
If you want me to use these things, make the game warrant using them. Why would I go through the trouble of collecting herbs/materials to make bombs/potions/concoctions/oils for no reason? One of the selling points of The Witcher series is the preparation and unique approach to each enemy. Each monster is (ideally) supposed to be dealt with uniquely, but each enemy can just be sword whacked for a quick and easy win.

I wouldn't call anyone reasonable enough to not waste time with subpar plumber books a child, but yes, they did a good job, they didn't, however, for Witcher 3.

wait. so you're just that pathetic, you go into threads of a game you hate just to piss yourself off?

Attached: 1560151717598.png (400x350, 206K)

It's 1am here and that's fortnite time, grandpa

It's called role playing game

All these anons are fags
W3 is a really great game, there's some jank and the combat isn't perfect but these anons have made it sound far worse than it actually is. The characters are well written and the lore sucks you in. Peak kino and comfort jumping into the game every now and again to do a random witcher quest and hunt a monster. the dlcs are of old PC game expansion quality too. You don't have to play the first two but you will want to

Shitty cuck game, just look at trannypunk

that's not even out yet. pol detected

why act superior when you're in the same cesspool, are you retarded?

I don't hate Witcher 3, it's expansions are just not that good.

Yes and the game is supposed to reward and facilitate role playing. There's no reward for it. You get an unnecessary buff that in the time you waste making and using these potions, you could just beat them with sword whacking. I'm not gonna say they don't improve your stats, but there's no point in improving your stats when the game is so easy and there's simply no point.

Each cinematic for the Witcher has Geralt preparing in a way that drives the point of 'this is necessary to win'. But the game itself doesn't actually require that. Now I'm not saying that the game should be a rock-paper-scissors of 'you must have X item to win or go away', but it should be 'if you don't prepare for this specific monster, it's going to be incredibly difficult'.

You didn’t even read the books and you dismiss them on the basis that they were written by a Polish guy

Well the whole game was made by polish guys, so fuck right off

i'm enjoying myself talking about a game and pissing you off. not the same. you're here staying mad and complaining non stop. do something else that makes you happy.

who cares who written it, silly, the point is you act like they're such an important part to enjoying this shit series so it's funny to claim otherwise to piss you off

>not using alchemy to become an immortal god by mid game

Attached: AbsolutelyCivilian.jpg (562x600, 37K)

>living in a shithole
lol

shitting on your favourite game makes me happy

Oh I'm retard because I didn't put 2 & 2 together but that's why v has done a 180 on the witcher. I hope cyberpunks good so there is a moment in time when these same people have to sit quietly on their computers playing and enjoying it so they can continue to post and fit in here

You are genuinely fucking obsessed with your phantom enemy.

This user is not me, you are extremely biased sir and you are yet to provide a reason for it

it's not even my favorite game, you're just that upset because people called your favorite DLCs shit. jesus christ, this is just sad. but i'm curious how far you're wliling to take this cringe

Attached: 31246485.jpg (181x200, 6K)

yea, because people havent been shitting on the combat and shitty quests or spamming this pasta for the past 4 fucking years

when did you get off the reddit boat anyway?

I don't want Cyberpunk to be good. Sure it'd be nice, but it's more fun to shitpost about a game, than play.

agred. it'd actually be way more hilarious if the game just bombed so hard.

are you okay user?

>witcher 3 gets announced for switch
>Yea Forums suddenly likes it

Attached: 1555408107686.jpg (320x320, 10K)

And it is a major part of enjoying it. Just like playing mass effect 1 enhances the experience of playing mass effect 2

nobody will read your books andrzej just drop it

They just don't know what to think, everything they've been told contredict itself

But I need pieniążki...

Attached: 20161124013145_1.jpg (1920x1080, 197K)

You waste more time going into the menu and applying oil than just spamming light attack and occasionally dodging. Combat is slugfest in this game.

Why do you think there's a pasta in the first place retard user? If it was a shit game no one played or cared about every witcher thread would die immediately because there would be no need for discussion. So no pasta, no shit combat meme. No meme. Nothing. We shit on games we secretly like like anime love interests. You've only been here since pol /the election anyway so you probably are autistic enough to take it seriously though.

Unfortunately it's British. Scottish accents would make it much more entertaining.

cope lol

>You've only been here since pol /the election anyway
wait how can you tell if he came from the election times? is there a special badge he has??

You could argue that it's not he quality of the game but it's popularity that drives this threads, but then again, we don't see that much of fifa here do we

witcher 1 is shit, stay far away from it

Crap

For either diehard rpg fans or diehard Witcher fans I would say

>Objectively false.
Wow. Look at this typical Persoyna faggot.

Because cybertrannie meme is yet another invasive forced pol meme and I said I hoped it would be good and copped a seething tirade that could only come from one place. (you) know this already because you are samefagging

Exactly user

I have no reason to doubt /pol/ though, they're kind of harsh, but usually correct

No, I'm obsessed with bad poetry and misused quotes.

>Egegege. Shidequest is bowing unlike Persoyna whose sdories arr gud.
>Fallow wed twail is bad. Game must gib me quest ovjectib easy. Du I fit in now Yea Forums? Egegegege

Attached: eheheh.jpg (750x1000, 42K)

i'm samefagging, just not the samefag you think i am.

Not surprising given how Yea Forums flipflops on it's opinion of cyberpunk. People were praising it a couple of days ago, now it's just spamming about trannies.

Every cucker 3 quest
This game is so fucking bad, game with bad gameplay is always a bad game

Base game is good. Don't let retards tell you otherwise. Also DLCs are a lot better than main game.

I wish they'd shut the fuck up, I can't imagine how mentally fucked you'd have to be to use any excuse to bring up, force into meme or use the word trannie over and over if you really hated them that much, this is a vidya board who even cares

What RPG has good gameplay you retard.

Planescape Torment

Persona
Final Fantasy games(PS1)
Super mario rpg

I'm 30hrs into the game and I can't fucking stop playing, it's too good. I'm really enjoying myself trying to clear everything, I suggest you do the same bro.
Also Triss a best and Yen a whore
Been playing on highest difficulty from the beginning to force me to gather info, prepare for fights and all that. I die in 4 hits to enemies of my level, it's fair. (specced into magic, level 22)

Attached: 1558811996733m.jpg (678x1024, 53K)

Should I actually try Death March or is that just some 'youre not hardcore unless hardest difficulty' talk?

No one plays classic RPGs anymore. And no weeb shit in this discussion please.

OK, discuss it there then

just bought it myself yesterday, already have 10 hours in, though maybe only 8-9 of actually playing

so far its pretty kino. make sure you put DBGConsoleOn=true in your general.ini to enable debug console, because sometimes you just cant be fucked with gwent. winGwint(true) for auto win.

Am new player so I don't know about the DLCs or NG+ but in NG you should try it, its fun because it forces you to get a decent build/gear and prepare appropriately for each fights using the intel and resources you gather.

No honestly it's boring.

The Witcher 3's strong suit is it's story. Not it's combat. Just play on normal.

I recommend you to hide the interest points in the map, to show them only after you discovered them. That way the world stays more mysterious and less like an MMO
My 2 cents

Hard disagree, the world is just too big to be wasting time with that. Just the base game is 30% bigger than skyrim and much more dense in its content

Definitely, don't listen to Yea Forums when it comes to this game

You're joking right?
I love torment but the gamplay was 2 steps away from visual novel

Shit bait.

Why would you intentionally botcher the very best part of the game that is exploring that huge world?
why would you like to rush that?

This x1000. Did this on my first playthrough kind of unknowingly since I was just trying to erase most of the hud and I have much fonder memories of the game than some of the people here

>tfw bought it for no reason other than it had a sale a few days ago.
>400+ hours on pirated GoG version and loving it, although the combat sucks.

>jrpg
>Good ganeplay
Enjoy your random encounter+turn based grinds you masochist

I'm actually playing The Witcher 1 right now. It seems to be glitching all over the damn place.

Hopefully Witcher 2 and 3 improved the combat system. W1's system is awful.

The second one, only try it if hard bores you

what do you mean wasting time? If you don't see a POI and never come across it in the physical world you will never know it exists. Can't waste time on things that aren't there unless you know you're supposed to be looking for them in the first place.

Both of them are dumb whores nigger, the only good option is Shani but they cuck you out of her in a retarded way.
>refuses to be with Geralt because he'll always be on the path
>blood and wine ends with him fucking retiring

10 good hours, 40 more wondering why it stopped being as good. They front loaded the hell out of this game for the sake of journalists and kids.

I love rhythm games, you should too

You want broken, son? Go full alchemy build. Have fun slicing people up with 3 decoctions in you, and a few potions too. The strongest enemies in the game will barely leave a scratch on you.

that is the point, Going out to the world becomes less like filling a list of chores and more like really going to see what is hidden behind the hill, or past that river. I remember many unique places, and stories that otherwise could have become just filler, or xp grind or whatever

Be honest Yea Forums, do you expect much from cyberpunk? So far from what I'm hearing it'll be somewhat similar to Deus Ex in terms of gameplay and shit.

Like all games it is massively improved while high or drunk. Unlike other games I couldn't imagine playing while sober because it really is boring with all the long boring cut scenes

because without that, it's already a 120+ hour game

>do you expect much from cyberpunk?
No. I never trust anyone putting this much effort into advertising.

Yea Forums expected it to be night
But sun exists unfortunately, sad story really

a scam

is Witcher 3 the only objectively good open world game?

>doesn't mention Through Time and Space, the most kino quest

No, there are none.

I've never played BOTW but everything I've seen about it makes it seem like it could be pretty good open world.

I still don't know who to choose.

Attached: 1505260752493.jpg (1684x1428, 799K)

>kills the blade runner vampires with sun
>kills kojimbo with Keanu leaves
>kills the tabletop cyberpunk drones with pondsmith
How can cdp be this based

game already looks great, but I want to download some graphic mods. how retard friendly is witcher modding

Attached: 20190615151957_1.jpg (1920x1080, 468K)

and what is the rush?
I can right now open my savegame after the ending, mount my horse, go riding, and find a new place i missed, with his lore, quests characters and whatever. keep the world a mystery, that way it becomes more alive. Maybe Im a boomer talking to a teenager, but maybe you get what I say and the next time you can try enjoying things at other pace. To me this specific game gains so much this way

Gothic

Attached: 1531969852009.jpg (995x847, 748K)

Breath of the Wild was anti-fun to me. The game has fuck all going on

>See that tree? You can cut it

it's really friendly, you just download a mod and drop it in the mod folder

Left for reasons given in books (role-playing geralt)
Right for redhead, objectively better girl

Whats bad about Deus Ex. Cyberpunk looks like it but better in every way. Why is /v always so fucking depressive.

boring open world stuff
shit combat
hope the story keeps you interested long enough to finish before you get completely bored with the whole game part

Not Bethesda level but its out there

Isnt that a kid game tho?

It’s really good, get the Complete Editon though. HoS has the better main quest line but BaW’s main area is fucking beautiful and really fun to explore.

You all know it's true, any other opinion is just coping

Some losers here are from ResetEra and want CDPR to fail so they’re shitting on Cyberpunk. That game looks fucking great.

W3 latlets that don't realise cdp is chasing the trends with every game they make

I emulated it and got bored at about 6 hours in. Other then it's physics system it did nothing unique.
What makes you think I meant that in a bad way.

Bloodborne and even dark souls which inspired shitton of developers by its gameplay formula

If you dont want to play the "dragging items out of inventory" minigame Id suggest getting a mod that removes weight carry limit, breaks the economy if you want since you can sell all the loot to vendors.
A mod that increases nudity is necessary for immersion, sauna scenes look retarded otherwise.

Its possible to go to preferences and hide "?" marks from map, it might not be optimal for 1st playtrough but it does add to the experience of exploring the wilderness and stumbling across interesting stuff.

A boring ass game with garbage controls that people will tell you is good cause it has an ok story.

>soulsborne
>rpg
Chose one

I have 133 hours and I'm about to start ng+. Its not for everyone though, just people who like good games

Chasing trends... Ubisoft is copying W3 with new Assassins. Also HZD is literally W3 with better gameplay but shit dialogue and no choices.

You have no idea how garbage controls can be

W1 tried to be neverwinter
W2 tried to be drakensang
W3 tried to be open world

Witcher 3 and Sleeping Dogs are the only open world games with good gameplay.

Yes I do cause i've played this game

So what, every game is open world now. You will not sell linear shit anymore.

>Sleeping Dogs
Are you honest about this?
It was dirt cheap on psstore and I'm wondering if it's worth that dirt cheap

Picked Yen on my first game then picked Triss on my second play through. Even as a bookfag myself, in the game universe I honestly prefer Triss over Yen. Though what I really wished for was Shani ending for B&W since the reason she gives as to why she can't be with Geralt is thrown out the window when he retires. They missed a great opportunity there.

They’re the trandsetters though. Ubisoft is copying them now. I know it makes you see the that based CDPR keeps dabbing on you but try to keep up retard.

>good gameplay
>witcher 3
nice one user
Sleeping dogs is actually pretty fun but it's just arkham combat with more umf to it feels good to roundhouse kick people and shit.

Attached: 1516394121273.png (331x294, 128K)

Its objectively the best game of all time. Of course subjectively everyone can have completely different and valid opinions, but only one is objective, and this is it.

holy shit dude get on it, that game is 100000% worth it

I would be so sure
With every game beeing open world / live service I personally buy more and more games that are condensed

supremely based

I'm having fun with a alchemy focused build. It's shit at first but once you get a good amount of oils and decoctions you absolutely rip through enemies.

Play ps2 games

Do you like the movie 'The Raid'?
It's that. It even has dlc costumes and mission types of that.

It just pumps up HP, it doesn't really change how you play. You can still whack everything to death with the basic attack

that's just not true. That's what the devs think of course but they haven't even bothered trying to release a good condensed single player linear game in a long time.

Try RDR2 and tell me W3 has worse controls.

It's very good for those who want it, but those saying it's the only way to play are dumb dumbs that being said, I'd recommend playing on hard over normal

put on a reshade before playing, if you have a pc thats not shit
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3112

Attached: 3112-1527204609-586305936.png (1682x720, 2.41M)

>these games have horrible controls so witcher 3 doesn't
nice try retards, just because there are games that control even worse doesn't mean witcher 3 doesn't control like shit.

>already played through the game twice
>350 hours on steam
>this thread is making me consider round 3

Attached: venosaur.png (200x200, 96K)

I don't like the colour changes that come with most the reshades. its just better to download some rock textures and shit imo

Is this supposed to simulate color blindness

Just becouse there are game with better controls, doesn't mean that w3 has horrible ones back at you

So you enjoyed it for 30 hours.

What is this retarded shit?
It does have horrible controls

Imagine having a fanbase live rent free for 4 years. Get the fuck out you worthless retard, you can't even fit in correctly.

Skelliga is scotish

Prepare to fight a lot of drowners. Seriously why are there so many
of these fuckers compared to the other monsters?

Attached: xwhyjdt6kh321.png (1482x1508, 1.28M)

Skelige is now German
All hail the emperor

why does nobody here ever talk about thronebreaker?
finished it recently and its really good

They are rats of the Witcher world

If you play Gwent... Nilfgaard and their spies = easy mode

It just may but I wanted more of w3 gwent and they changed it too much for me

It's explained that there are so many of them and the zombie dog things around because the land is pretty much fucking fucked mate. all the battlefields and corpses just attract them

Still not sure what Drowners actually are though.

suit yourself, i installed one that makes the game alot more gritty and dark. so it has more of the vibe from the trailers
check your eyes bud

>based around a card game that I and everybody i talked to IRL hated
>originaly sold on an obscure platform (GOG) with little to no marketing push

Jesus, user I really can't tell why it flopped

Looks like tritanopia to me

Attached: download (8).jpg (277x182, 13K)

These guys eat dead bodies and theire is a whole lot of dead bodies in Velen.
I think downers are said to be the victims of murder by drowning? Not sure but this is obviesly just a folk story to justify how are monsters from another dimension killing the simple folk

>obscure platform
>gog
Imagine being this normie about your video-games

thats just once scene, if you go to the link you'll see that the game still retains alot of color, especially in toussaint

dumb contrarians are never the target demographic

oh yeah, i forgot all the witcher monsters are from the cthulu dimension

>>"OY KURWA, HERE'S YA REWARD DA WHOLE VILLAGE CHIPPED IN"
crowns received
That's the most accurate part.

I mean come on m8, I like gog and what they're doing but don't tell me it's the first platform you think of when you're looking for videogames

Daily reminder that he did nothing wrong. Fuck nilfgaard, fuck non humans, and fuck mages

Attached: Tw3_journal_radovid.png (654x727, 501K)

You're right, dumb whales are, it must mean that every game will have microtransactions now

They are from multiple different dimensions, avalach shows you some of them

I like the nilfgaardians since they're the only standing army in this entire world that doesn't go around raping wives and daughters

It actually is these days, I hate the whole epic/steam/uplay shit, not to mention most new games are shit

For me it's either gog or pirate, MAYBE steam if it's dirt cheap

do they breed with water hags

bloodborne is too esoteric to have won, everyone understands that. but it is the better game in the long run

Attached: 1490619888099.png (2280x794, 2.58M)

How good it is compared to dark souls 1?

What? They totally DO go around raping and murdering and pillaging.

>AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: Laughing shoes.jpg (321x185, 13K)

>Implying that user has actually played the game
He’s just asshurt and is shitposting

>I beg of ye master witcher, get rid of em', 'hole village pitched 'n, can't do shite anywhere 'roun here without a herd o' bloody neekus jumping on me arse

Attached: 43f75071857279d2-600x338.jpg (600x338, 54K)

>but it is the better game in the long run
lol

nah, they're much more disciplined. they might requisition resources and murder the people who make trouble for them, but they at least don't rape wives and daughters.

This is the only way northern kingdoms can come to the conclusion that rebelion
is NOT in their own interest. How do you expect barbarians to understand that they are better off under the umbrella of nilfgaard like so many others already are

It's a weird complaint but I can't bring myself to finish the game because it has too much content. The map is littered with stuff to do, and most of it is boring. I try to clear up the map and 20 other fetch quests appear.

I also hate looting. I fell for the "play on the hardest difficulty" meme and you constantly have to raid peoples houses for water and bread. It gets very boring. The game looks wonderful, though.

Attached: tw3.png (321x152, 45K)

dark souls one is an overrated game, since it was the first time most people played anything like it.

Playing bloodborne for the first time is like reading Alice in wonderland. it just sucks you into the world in a way no other game really can, ds1 comes close. but that game is a flawed masterpeice. its incomplete and it shows. not to mention the unfortunate sequels that try to remedy it all.
bloodborne is a fully refined experience from start to end. it has an amazing score, environments, the best combat outside of sekiro, and some of the most legendary bosses in video games. i bought a ps4 because of all the hype i saw about it on here back in 2015. and it lives up to it all. and the old hunters dlc brought a 10/10 to an 11. i simply cannot praize this game enough. its such a pure and genuine experience. theres no bullshit. just you and the game. like how they used to be.

Attached: 1546470972308.jpg (1920x1080, 172K)

>dear diary, today I have stolen all of poor viliger's food and water when they asked me for help. Of course I did kill the monster just to bully them into digging out any money that I couldn't find myself. It was a very boring day

>I also hate looting. I fell for the "play on the hardest difficulty" meme and you constantly have to raid peoples houses for water and bread. It gets very boring. The game looks wonderful, though.
You don't though? I just catch whatever herbs and crates I stumble upon and I have infinite Swallow, oils and potions.

>I can't bring myself to finish the game because it has too much content. The map is littered with stuff to do, and most of it is boring. I try to clear up the map and 20 other fetch quests appear.

I felt this too, just focus on the main story and sidequests directly related to characters you like (Triss, Dandelion, Yen, etc.)

You guys should do as others anons itt said and try replaying while hiding the points of interest on the map, my enjoyment for the game greatly increased after I tried that.

you need to start using your alchemy and meditation more.

>you need to do drags and embrace Buddha

>Emhyr the relentless
>2 decoys
>Aval'lack + 3 Niflgard spies
>Enemy spies are also used against them because of decoy
>bring back your own or their spies from their discard pile because of Emhyr.
>GG no RE(until the next time I'm around the area kk?)

Yes. Damn Niflgaard deck is OP. Monster is my next pick then Northern realms before Scoathel.

I am so tempted to side with King Radovid considering how much I hated Philippa and the stories I've heard on how she treated Redenia, her lover and her politics. Its all her, her, her. What a bitch.

Yes. I might side with him on my next playthrough.

True. This is every fucking quest how could this piece of shit even get game of the year? More like game of my ass

If you read the books there is no way you could ever choose anyone besides Yen.

If you didn't, then there is a chance you would actually prefer Triss or maybe get mad because Shani's too good but you can't have her.

>"Shit you stink" ALALALALALALALALA

Attached: 1493776530945.jpg (268x284, 17K)

>still seething all these years.
Heh. Kid.

Attached: 1556707190285.png (1145x873, 909K)

Recently reinstalled it but immediately put it down, it's an open world crafting experience and the definition of "wide as an ocean, deep as s puddle". The Blood & Wine tried to mix it up with mutagens and they added runes but the core gameplay is as boring as it gets.
The main story is shite too if that's what you're after, it has some interesting boss fights though (not mechanically but in enemy design)

There's that expression again

>compete with a game that was labeled as the worst Fallout game before 76 came out and an edgy grimdark PS4 exclusive with 2% attach rate
It came out in a weak year is all I'm saying

Philippa is not at all that bad of a person. She plays an important role in the Lodge, tries to use Ciri to have political advantage and worked together with Dijkstra at one point. If i recall correctly they did had a romance, even though one of the mages at Thanned couple stated that Philippa had lost interest in men ages ago.

But that's pretty standard for Witcher universe. She's not like a Vilgefortz type of bad, she just tries hard to have a better life because she's spoiled like every other mage.

Hey where did you get a pic of Yea Forums meeting??

Waiting for the Switch version just because it doesn't require any extra downloads.

Attached: D8-AHnGUcAAJAdI.jpg (2048x1153, 450K)

I can't wait for the 520p shitposts

>Install some graphic mods from nexusmods, and it will be the most beautiful game out on the market right now.
Pic unrelated?

Attached: 1559807933499.png (368x469, 287K)

No game in that year was good enough to deserve GOTY

Resolution and framerate don't matter if the game is fun.

Way to miss the point.

>witcher 3
>fun gameplay
rip

Bought the GOTY for £10 myself, easily the best game I played. Probably dropped 300 hundred hours in 2 play throughs, just explore and sporadically quest.

>not at all that bad of a person
>plays an important part in the Lodge
>Lodge
>not a bad person
Bro...

The people I see say it has bad gameplay, like Jeff from giantbomb, absolutely loved the gameplay in the Batman games.

based

Attached: 1530640006807.png (510x511, 499K)

You suck at combat user, if you actually focus on weapon upgrading, abilities and oils you can fuck anything up relatively easy. I had 0 problems when I played on death march.

Attached: 2742A027-2288-48BC-9EF7-42A691277008.gif (685x296, 308K)

She had Radovid's father killed and then attempted to kill Dijkstra who was her most loyal follower, a man who loved her with all of his heart. She also enslaved Saskia and destabilized the northern kingdoms by having Demvand killed. I still love her though and she's one of my favorite characters.

Attached: k8p60ftqsdf21.jpg (1080x1080, 81K)

Makes you feel like batman

>RENT FREE LMAO
>is still being really butthurt about TW3 existing 4 years on
yea u really got em!

Combat-wise it's as bland as Skyrim without mods. You have
>heavy attacks
>light attacks
>dodge rolls
>5 magic signs
>bombs
>a crossbow
>oils and whetstones to buff weapons
>potions
>mutagens
There are only two types of weapons and they're steel swords and silver swords.
Crossbows aren't a main source of damage, you only need it to attack flying opponents which are rare anyway. There's no way to dual wield, two-hand wield, there are no shields you could use.
You have access to 5 spells: Push, Protect, Fire, Control and Ward. You can change some effects like being able to spray fire or to control more than one enemy.
You have some types of bombs like poison, flammable gas or stun bombs.
Oils are a damage modifier for your silver blade.
That's it. Do some acrobatics and ridiculous footwork a la Two Worlds and you have The Witcher 3.

>only two types of weapons and they're steel swords and silver swords.
There is also a shovel

Did anyone ever explain why she and the other witches are such powerhungry sluts?

>not using axes/maces like a chad.
Heh. Kid.

There are various side weapons like pickaxe, hatchet, mace or battle axe that nobody uses.
Dumbass

God complex. They are one of the few individuals who has an insane amount of power to wield at their fingertips. They can do whatever they want and pretty much get away with it. It's also mentioned that most had a really shitty childhood such as Yen who was abused and broken. And why not be a slut. They can live for forever and can cure diseases and most can't get pregnant.

The shovel is op as fuck

Compared to the type of shit Radovid and other kings did in their life, the Lodge is almost like a charity organization.

They never tortured anyone for information, never sided with a bunch of bandits, never decided to kill entire villages or planned to kill wife and daughter then to try to marry his own daughter after.

Mages need to have their role in society, just like non humans need to have their place, that's pretty much the whole thing the books are trying to say. When folk deny this place, the ones that got denied will try to get it back, that's what the Lodge does. My point is, what they do is nothing of a major messed up stuff by Witcher's universe standards.

Heh. As expected from a kid.

>German
Dutch*

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

oh man that was so epic, I really love that the author's retarded sci fi fanfic had to intrude on this beautiful and mysterious fantasy universe.

if only carl sagan and neil degrasse tyson had shown up as npcs in the alternate realities, that would really have put the icing on my cake

>>*toucan sam vision activates*
Holy shit I've never heard this one. I've always called it "detective vision."

Attached: 9841.jpg (400x415, 76K)

Either buy a physical copy for PC because it is the only major release to get an actual physical release for PC in years or pirate it. Digital should not be paid for.

Cope.

That's not a BBfag, that's someone who's actually played TW3.

lmao, fuck off

>you just suck at combat

>it has nothing to do with the fact that all the combat consists of is spamming attacks, dodging, and making sure the enemies that you need to hit 5+ times with a fully upgraded steel weapon

imagine being THIS retarded

Attached: witcher3_2019_06_15_14_34_43_395.jpg (1920x1080, 1.11M)

whoa that looks good

understated burn

i fucking hate HZD so much. the gameplay sucks. the arrows feel like they do absolutely nothing and it's just running around and dodging stupid robots. feels like a six year old came up with the concept and didn't think about anything else. there is no darkness at all in a game about a post apocalyptic future... bandits don't even swear. i saw someone say once it was like every NPC in HZD talked like a liberal arts university student. very true

>1080p

Now I feel like a whale for buying the base game for 30

I was actually shocked how bland the characters were. Only good one was the black guy who was jacked in your focus. Also no choices at all, why the fuck was the dialogue system even there.

The Witcher 3 is one of the Western games I like. I played it but didn't play enough. Just put it in my PS4 the other day but I am still too occupied with XIV. I don't get the complaints with it. It seems like your standard Western hatred by Yea Forums fuck tards who play nothing but trash JRPGs.

hey if you want to pay for a 1080Ti you're all the more welcome to send some money my way

I bought several copies just to support physical copies

>Also HZD is literally W3 with better gameplay but shit dialogue and no choices
HZD is literally MonHun but worse in every aspect plus retarded story.

you forgot the part where each of those quests have unique narrative and interesting writing that make them interesting to follow thru till the end. you must be a retard my nigga

how did they butcher the main villain so badly? He appears for 10 seconds thruout the game, has extremely little dialogues and a lacklustre boss fight. Anyone familiar with witcher lore knows how interesting of a character eredin is and they ruined him

it has the best combat in a western made game especially an RPG, but thats not saying much

? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ?

I dont live in america ,stfu.

>start playing witcher 3
>get to the ghost in the well quest
>start doing batman follow the trail bullshit
>get bored and quit game

convince me to keep playing

My advice: Take the world in. Listen to all the dialogue. Its value is in its storytelling and characters and well-designed quests. Don't rush through because you want to kill more mudkips

It really annoyed me how the finite levels available in Witcher games lock you out of at least half the skills.

I'm not saying you should be able to max everything like it's skyrim but I'm no fan of the level cap being so low

Dude I literally just bought the Witcher 3 got just now before finding this thread

Install a couple of combat mods. Improving the combat to be interesting made me appreciate the others aspects of the game even more.

Might as well go slow and savor it because the game is fucking tedious as fuck.

>Also Triss a best and Yen a whore
>i haven't read the novels by the way, just parroting what the hivemind told me because i'm a good NPC