Play Demon's Souls at age 16, have tons of fun, spend 6+hrs a day glued to ps3 and beat it in ~1week

>play Demon's Souls at age 16, have tons of fun, spend 6+hrs a day glued to ps3 and beat it in ~1week
>play Dark Souls at at 18, same as DeS except I also replay it about 7 times over the next year
>buy Dark Souls 3 yesterday, age 26
>die 8 times at the high wall of lothric and turn game off

What happened? Why isn't it fun anymore?

Attached: 5912ecd65bafe3d94049a98b.jpg (323x433, 31K)

You got older

was it the Lothric Knights that killed you?
i think i know the problem if you skipped Ds2.

Dark Souls 3 is the best Dark Souls game.

When I was a child, I loved the shit out of JRPGs, now I can barely be assed to even think about them. People change.

>age 26
>and turn game off
Maybe its your unchild mind telling you should already be married and have at least two kids.

DaS3 is just a rearsh of DaS1, boring as fuck.

Newsflash, shit you do repeatedly becomes old and not as exciting anymore. This only increases as you get older.
Video games, music, film, art, sport, masturbating, sex, drinking, drugs.

Attached: sad old man.jpg (1908x1073, 219K)

Bloodborne > Dark souls 3 > Dark Souls 1 > Demon’s Souls > Dark Souls 2
All the games are great besides dark souls 2, which is still good but not great.
Sekiro is too different to rate properly but I’d probably put it in between 3 and 1.

>Masturbating
I've cum full circle and went back to fappinng to vanilla shit like cleavage

The souls games are only fun mechanically in theory. When you first start a souls game, what pushes you through is that sense of discovery and wonder. You think that even though your movesets are crappy now, you’ll probably find something later on that is super cool and efficient. But the trouble is is that you don’t. The movesets stay clunky and all weapons seem to have an annoying downside. Mechanically, they remain unfun all throughout the game, and the fun is extracted from your “builds” which are meant to refine and pad the clunkiness with boosted stats on damage, speed, and protection in order to mitigate those annoying parts of the game’s mechanics.

And that’s what the souls experience is. It’s not inherently fun or good mechanically. It’s just in finding a variety/combination of equipment that lets you reduce the unfun quality of the combat. It was more ok with Demons Souls and Dark Souls because they were the first games in their series. You would play it and think “man I bet in the future these games are gonna be so much better” so you excuse the clunkiness. And that’s why seeing later games utilize the same mechanics feels disappointing, and that’s why Sekiro was truly a step in the right direction.

>age 20 play ds1 for hours to end
>tried ng and quit at the start (84 hours played)

>age 21 play ds2 and hate every single second of it
>off and on until I beat it , just to see if it gets better (42 hours played)

>age 23 play ds3 and love every second of it ,felt like the real ds2 for me
>have 7 characters , 2 of them in ng (+300 hours played)

Attached: 1557153424772.jpg (640x853, 53K)

How does it feel to be a meme?

How do I git gud then? I started as a herald because I remembered really liking spears in DS1, but I keep getting wrekt by the simplest shit, can't seem to time my dodges right, and literally can't parry for the life of me. It bothers me because I did a barehanded SL1 run of DS1 when I was 19 and enjoyed every second of it.

rehash soul already drained you

> for pve*

class don't matter in ds games
just level up hp , there you go easy mode

That sounds like poor game design.

I got wrecked at the start of Ds3 as well, but then it all clicked when I figured out the patterns and it was fun mode on from there.

class only gives you X stats and some class starting items but that's it
starts as a homeless , lvl 1 and all stats at 10

I agree, never understood why people replay Dark Souls when they know what's behind every door and fog

DaS3 is not very good

You have to play 3 differently from DeS and DaS. I didn't have fun with the game until I realized that. They want you to use your roll (which is almost free and has a bazillion i-frames) instead of relying on shields and armor. Shields are a much more situational thing now, and armor only helps if you're using a heavy weapon with hyperarmor frames.

same

Keep going, OP. Game didnt really "click" for.me until after I fought the boss you're right next to and went to the next area. The whole world becomes traversable on foot from that point and it feels a lot better. Possibly my second favorite From game after the original

This game doesn't really kick in until Irithyll

Different builds mean different experiences.

It was never fun to begin with

Attached: raphtalia is not amused.png (1278x717, 1.27M)

Sounds like you suck now. I don't think I died in DS3 until the Cathedral.

It's not a fun game like Demon's and Dark Souls, that's my experience at least.

I never parry, but rolling is by far the best it's ever been in 3. You got tons of stamina. Doesn't deplete your stamina as much. It's faster to roll. You can spam it.
I don't really care for the spears. My favorite weapon type are ultra greatswords, I use the lothric knight one.
The all time most efficient and op weapons are the straight swords, so most everyone you see online will probably use one. And then the most efficient thing you'll see them do is mash R1 with em and destroy shit because you can swing so many times so quickly and deal such outrageous damage all at the same time with that weapon.
Most ugs's can have up to like 550 to about 675+ damage or ar. Straight swords can reach about 600+ damage or ar.
Btw, armor doesn't matter, just so long as you wear something for every armor slot. Or you take significantly more dmg, but rolling the quickest is better than slightly more defense.

Attached: 1556435401106.jpg (719x774, 58K)

He's not wrong exactly but he's making it sound more retarded than it is. He means leveling up health first helps immensely early game. The classes you make up yourself via which stats you level up.

You aren't shoe-horned into certain classes via a title. It's very well done actually