Kojima: You have to keep in mind that Solid Snake is not a real human. [As in, within the story universe...

>Kojima: You have to keep in mind that Solid Snake is not a real human. [As in, within the story universe, Solid Snake is a genetically modified clone.] On the other hand, Big Boss is a real human being with true emotions. He can be more expressive than Solid Snake. So yes, as a result I find him more compelling to write.

What the fuck did Kojima mean by this?

Attached: DDF309CA-3D30-466D-A528-801271B768BB.jpg (340x435, 27K)

Maybe that Big Boss has more of a richer past compared to Snake who was engineered and conditioned to be who he was.

I prefer Snake to BB though.

Kojima is a hack

Solid Snake was never a real human being, his story doesn’t matter

>more expressive
>barely ever even speaks in his own games
>is a stereotypical quiet brooding bad boy most of the time
What did Kojimbo mean by this?

Given Kojima's writing style, Kojima just says whatever flakey thing he feels at any given moment

He can't apparently even remember the plot of his own games, somehow.

Kojima can insert some interesting philosophy into his games once and a while, but jesus, he is a shitty storyteller.

More expressive doesn't mean facial contortions.

If the story isn't retarded then he can't insert his philosophy the way he wants.
It just wouldn't be as DEEP if everyone acted even slightly logically.

Kojima does not consider clones human, even though Snake's depiction in the series completely contradicts that.

It doesn't mean borderline-silent protagonist stone face either

I think Kojima can write a good story but it's a stretch for anyone to call him a genius

Daily reminder that Big Boss fucking Quiet is canon because I said so. Kojima said that the phantom's story is entirely yours to write.
>Author Hitori Nojima, citing an email from Kojima, explained that the player brings the story full circle in their own way, with the role of Venom Snake making the story truly theirs, and not necessarily restricted to the fate of Big Boss in the early games. Kojima and the player creating the story together "is something traditional movies and books could not do.

Attached: bibo thumbs up.jpg (1590x1080, 137K)

I reject your canon.
Clearly Big Boss eventually falls in love with her but there's no indication that he ever gave her the diamond dick.

nothing wrong in the op statement. BiBo is professional but passionate. solid is stoic, snarky and nihilistic.

So wait
Whether the nuclear disarmament ending in V is canon or not is up to you? Fucking me?
I spent 2 fucking years advocating my theories all proven invalid by this one single post. Fuck you, user. Fuck you too, Kojima.

Basically imagine Big Boss as Solid Snake's evil brother, who smokes cigars instead of cigarettes.

Attached: 1556748442235.png (802x387, 686K)

if he came out of a vagina he is human, he's just been genetically modified to degrees which aren't detailed

Why does Quiet have an amazing body but an potato face?

Solid Snake is a human being, just another person.
Big Boss is a human being, just another person.

Treat them like human beings, just another person.

It looks uncanny when you scan in a real person's face in a game otherwise populated by artist-rendered characters.
Also they fucked up her jawline somehow. Stefanie's jaw was never that recessed.

All the characters were scanned from real people

Really? None of them look at all as real as her. I'm pretty sure there was at least a shitton of editing involved with them unlike the smaller amount of post-processing done on Stefanie.

>Solid Snake is a genetically modified clone
>Big Boss is a real human being with true emotions
You can't read, OP? Solid Snake is a genetically modified super soldier whose sole purpose in life was to kill his enemies. Until he went rogue he was barely a human.

venom isn't big boss retard

Big Boss is not a person either, retard. It's a title associated with a person. Big difference.
What you meant to say was that Venom isn't Naked but both of them are Big Boss.

Attached: giphy.gif (305x185, 394K)

True but you're both missing my point.
I'm calling out Kojima for claiming that he has more literary leeway with Big Boss but not actually doing much with that. Everything the OP said about naked snake applies to venom snake too, possibly even more so because the narrative could've explored Venom overlaying his own personality and beliefs with the beliefs of Naked that were impressed upon him. Instead this part of the character arch pretty much has to be headcanoned in.

But they never showed him turn evil. They took what, 3 games to show his descent to villainy, and never pulled the trigger.

The intention of the phantom in the game was to have his personality and beliefs entirely blank except for the Naked Snake parts.
You have to fill the blanks yourself since this is your own story. See .

You are in charge of what kind personality and beliefs Venom overlays with the beliefs and personality of Naked that were impressed on him. Your story, your character.

right, thanks for telling me what i mean when we both know what i mean lad. the quote was from before venom existed, so big boss did only refer to one person.
i agree with that, but you said big boss barely ever speaks in his own games, even though he does speak a lot in all of his games that aren't V.

You're right, he's still a more enclosed and brooding kind of guy but he talks. I just don't know when this quote is from so I assumed it applied to Venom as well and I wanted to rag on Kojimas bad writing.

being an isolated person is his character flaw. meanwhile the same kind of detachment solid has is more like a trait imposed on him because it is beneficial to his profession as a soldier.

But they did, in a way.
>Figurative cutscene of the phantom punching the "demon" he hallucinates in the mirror.
>Right as he punches the "demon" away, logos in the room all switch to Outer Heaven, where he like Big Boss becomes evil for being positively eager to engage in and complicit with a heinous warmongering scheme that involves killing "one of his own men".
>As the mirror is crushed and the logos switch, we see his reflection and his self perception return to normal.
>The clues in the context, as evidenced in the point I said above, imply that the phantom got rid of his demonic hallucinations, but at the cost of selling his own soul.
>By selling his soul, he has let the demon inside him.
Simple stuff. Might be a bit complicated at first, but if you take it this way, you'll get the picture.

you're a brainlet

>did only refer to one person.
But it's still a title, not a person. It's associated with a person, and it refers to a person, but it's not a person.

Kojima is the Araki of video games

Did you see the end of 3? That's really all thats needed,

Was there ever a character as hated both in their own universe and IRL as Quiet?
I feel like that's Kojima's greatest achievement. I remember the drama surrounding her being downright nuclear. Although Kojima really does have a weird relationship with women

B3 stands for Big Boss Bimulation

No, he definitely isn't

Part 2-5 Araki

Big Boss' Benis

It's clearly Kojimbo foreshadowing that there are 3 Big Bosses and that there will be another sequel

Raiden is 90% cyborg and full of emotions. And so is BB and SS.

What Kojima meant by that is that he doesn't have to limit himself to
>SS is human
stereotype shit and can just make him do retarded shit and whatnot.

But he makes everyone do retarded shit regardless

>You have to keep in mind that Solid Snake is not a real human. [As in, within the story universe, Solid Snake is a genetically modified clone.] On the other hand, Big Boss is a real human being with true emotions. He can be more expressive than Solid Snake.
So what Kojima is saying is that Kojima is so dumb that he thinks someone who is a clone lacks all ability to have human emotion and thought.

>suffered from depression so profound after discovering the truth about who Big Boss was after MG/MG2 that he holed himself up in the middle of the Alaskan wilderness and became an alcoholic before MGS
>accepts his shitty fate and decides he's going to do his best to help the world and survive by imparting his memories and experiences upon people who will carry on his fight, like Raiden
>grapples with his oncoming death in 4 realistically, is about ready to fucking kill himself believing it'll save the world anyway before Big Boss stops him
>visibly mourns Big Boss' death again
>"lmao he's not a real human"
Truly, sincerely, genuinely fuck Kojima. Just because you have a new favorite character to write about and make the new series MC doesn't mean you get to shit all over and invalidate the first one.

Kojimbo ran out of good ideas and is now hoping his reputation shields him from accurate criticism

I'm starting to wonder if he ever had a good idea to begin with if he's at the point where he doesn't even understand his own characters. He's been shitting on Solid since 4 but at least he wasn't saying outright retarded shit like this in interviews.

Can't wait for MGS5

>solid isn't a real human bean
>proceeds to write the most fake snake in the series

I never thought a designer of globally acclaimed military stealth games could be so... dumb.

>a genetically modified clone is somehow less expressive than the original

Those
>globally acclaimed military stealth games
Were only so popular because he was an innovator and there wasn't much competition back then.
Kojima has his skills, but much like all the other innovators of the vidya industry he is given way too much credit. At this rate a "fall from grace" is inevitable as he will eventually fail to meet expectations much like Cliff Blezinsky or John Romero did in the past.

Yeah cause youre a loser with a keyboard.
What interactive media franchises have you directed?

I'm sorry I hurt your butt Kojima-san.
Bring back Stefanie and stop jerking off to B-list hollywood cucks you gay cicada

Duh. The genes for expression are all dominant ones.

You're already a villain by the end of Peace Walker, including by waving nukes around and keeping a child soldier

So why would the clone not have the same dominant genes that the original has? Aren't they 1:1 copies?