Since i love classic jrpgs and final fantasy forgot how to final fantasy a long time ago...

Since i love classic jrpgs and final fantasy forgot how to final fantasy a long time ago, I bought pic related on an advice from a friend.

What I'm in for?
Are the other games in the franchise good?

Attached: tr.png (1920x1080, 2.1M)

Combat is fun and gets even better in the later 2. It does take some strategy in the later areas and in the latter 2 games. Excellent OST, tons of sidequests, fun shit to explore. The only problem I really have with it is how the dialogue is shamelessly full of anime tropes and there's an odd incest subtext later on, you'll know what I mean.

You are in the series consisted of nine connected 50hours+ (main story only) games

What game?

Good music, good world building, and a charming story/cast. Gameplay exists.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

thanks

Graphics looks nice, it's a pity I was never been able to get into jrpgs. Most of the games look so pretty but I get bored quickly.

>Are the other games in the franchise good?
Haha...

user you're worrying me.

That's our user

The Legend of Holding Back

>What I'm in for?
think zelda gameboy games but 10x longer
>Are the other games in the franchise good?
think zelda games from oldest to newest but in reverse order

So Trails 1 is a masterpiece, Trails 2 is awful, and 3rd is decent?

mmmm. mite b good then.

What about trails of cold steel?

>What about trails of cold steel?
Haha... what about it?

Overly long and dragged out, Cold Steel is better but Yea Forums has a hate boner for it because it's more popular

Attached: 1541901254153.png (500x462, 329K)

DONT PLAY ON HARD! I made that mistake and it's NOT FUN! The battles are fine, but combat is not the games strong suit and hard is just not fair. Like the enemy can wipe you out turn one before you can even move.

I LOVE ESTELLE!

Attached: 1559270197174.jpg (849x1200, 1.25M)

its has.... mecha, from what I can see. Is that bad?

Ok thanks.

Attached: 1540182643997.jpg (1126x634, 50K)

It's just one of the more recent memes people shitpost with
this too

Attached: 1552439496961.png (325x207, 134K)

Yeah but stop at Ao

I really regret going through the Sen series, if anything Sen 4 makes the entire series worse due to that FMA rip-off revelation

>Is that bad?
No it's actually far better than the original series, but you literally can't talk about it on Yea Forums

>forgot i took codeine for my neck and drank a bit too much
>said the exact same thing when dawn hit
Today is gonna be a rough day.

TiTS is a great world building game, lots of great comfy conversation and such. It feels more like "Here's the players on the world stage, and what's just getting started"

CS is more combat oriented, with Rean and his Harem. Still some good world building and such. It feels more like "Things have happened, and now you're actually starting to DO something about what's going on, things are really starting to get real"

>and now you're actually starting to DO something about what's going on, things are really starting to get real
See, this is what you might think during CS1. But then you play CS2.

Will they ever top this?

Attached: 1545061699647.jpg (1155x1984, 576K)

I would be satisfied if they could make something that is even half as good at this point
Fuck was Sen 4 shit

You're in for a RPG where most of the enjoyment comes from talking to the same NPCs over and over for new bits of dialogue after every development of the main story. If you do so, you will not help but to feel engrossed in the world.

Yeah, it's not a perfect analogy, and I've not played CS3 or 4, nor Crossbell. I really should have put it as TiTS is like a prologue, CS is chapter 1, perhaps. Although not truly accurate, maybe that's a better idea?

>But then you play CS2.
...and?

LITERALLY nothing happens: the game

and nothing happens

Then CS3 is a new beginning with some cool characters so you think they will finally get it right this time

But then CS4 wastes your time with absolutely nothing happening for 80 hours and a shit final that invalidate everything that happened before including the previous games in the series

Let's just say I hope you like flying around the same locations in an aircraft haha

So you're saying they keep Holding Back on the action?

Haha, that's our Carlos.

Attached: deed.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

We're shittalking the game some, for sure, but it's making fun out of love. It's a great game if you're okay with slower, conversation based world building games. Got a great political machination thing going on.

Oh, and Dorothy is the Grandmaster.

Elliot and Machias are secretly Enforcers

Remember to talk to every NPC after every single cutscene if you're autistic like me, since they all constantly get new dialogue.

FC spends basically the entire game just building up the world and characters but things pick up near the end. SC picks up way quicker but the middle 3rd of the game basically consists of villain of the week chapters while sprinkling in more of the main plot. The story is what will really keep you engrossed though there are so many likable characters and they are really good at dangling plot points that will be explained later to keep you interested.

Gameplay is really average and random encounters can get tiring but they can be avoided quite often and the game is really good at keeping you at the appropriate level (you will get boosted xp if your under leveled) so grinding is never required unless your playing on Nightmare. Combat does improve with each game though and the fast forward option the current PC version added is great to have. Also 100% completion is next to impossible without a guide unless you have extreme patience for saving/reloading and talking to EVERYONE some of the BP and missable books are stupid to get without a guide. The OST is also incredible and only gets better as the series progresses.

All in all they are great games though not for everyone and worth playing just be ready for a massive time investment if you want to play all of them.