Is he autistic, or just an asshole?

Is he autistic, or just an asshole?

Attached: sweeney.png (607x698, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LMyFpzi40jg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes.

Attached: 1560504676585.png (696x863, 228K)

NOOOOOOO ITS NOT FUCKING FAIR

that's actually hilarious you're a fag if you're mad at goose puns

why are all these games timed exclusive?
surely they have enough money to make them permanent

Namefag

Attached: 1560593342060.jpg (400x400, 38K)

Because games sell most of their lifetime copies in the first year, outside of the few AAA games that seem to keep selling forever.
No point paying for sales you'll never get.

Trying to get attention.

"we'd stop doing this if steam matched our developer share %s"
"epic states their dev share model is unsustainable"

Is this an attempt to be funny and make people think egs is run by quirky and fun people and not a soulless company that work their developers into depression

why's borderlands is only exclusive for 6 months though

Hi, greetings from Germany. What's the best platform for Goose Games? Thank you.

>Calls a tripfag a namefag
newfag

Are you fucking serious they stole the goose game. Now I'm actually upset.

I'm just going to end up getting it on Switch. Even though I don't like getting multiplats on consoles, I'm not going to support Epic. Although, even though I'm a buyfag, I may just pirate it; after all, Tim Sweeney did already pay for my copy.

Everything I see from him is on the same level of delusion as Randy Pitchford. The only difference is Tim actually has money which legitimizes him in a lot of americans eyes.

This

Do games actually sell as many copies on the epic store vs. steam?

He is autistic but based
Epic games

Both

Indie title getting more publicity so they even sell more

We don't have access to explicit sales numbers in most cases to make any kind of fair comparison.

Well, I was interested in that game. What a shame.

they don't release data so nobody knows.

probably not, but they don't have to
Epic pays the devs/whoever a big dick amount of money and that usually covers it
Epic is just waving around their wallet instead of trying to be better than Steam

>EGS will have all Steam features in a couple of months
>More and more developers will start using it
>Most people will accept it sooner or later since they aren't retarded man-children
>Meanwhile Gayben is still working on shitty VR toys and cashgrab """""games""""""

How are you enjoying Artefact, Valve faggots? Don't worry, a new portal and half life game is just around the corner, right? Don't forget to support their paid mods idea, ss Gayben himself said, money is what steers a community, right Yea Forums? :^)

Attached: 385.jpg (317x267, 12K)

Will EGS have something similar to proton implemented any time soon?

Will EGS have something similar to a shopping cart implemented any time soon?

Why do you even bother asking, chinese people don't know what proton is.

Do they know what a shopping cart is?

>>EGS will have all Steam features in a couple of months
lol sure

Attached: Untitled.png (276x363, 6K)

Features like a shopping cart and working sales events?

It's either Steam or pirating, thanks tard sweeny.

Their highest selling title is World War Z wich sold 600.000 copies, that game released in April
Risk Of Rain 2 sold a million in a month for comparison, and that was an indie game that was just dumped overnight with no marketting
and with it now being reported that Epics payment comes in the form of pre orders who knows how much of those EGS numbers are genuine purchases

Attached: DzDnJQMAW2AQYh7OlXebwOWu9Jc=.gif (480x360, 1.62M)

It's baffling to me that a digital storefront in 20 fucking 19 doesn't have a goddamn shopping cart. Random shady ass looking websites put together as a high school CIS project have a fucking shopping cart.

They don't release data but we know that epic buys an amount of copies, that's why they flex.

>''The EGS square massacre (史詩般的遊戲商店大屠殺) was a sales event that took place in the month of May 2019 to june 2019 where a online store failed catastrophically hard in organising a simple sale''

Attached: HERP ME TIM.jpg (870x633, 258K)

He's a greedy retard. Everywhere gets a 30% cut. Even those actual monopolies like the phone app stores. His entire movement is based on "I want more and I'll fuck over everyone who isn't me and my cronies until I get it."

He does 180s on his opinions literally overnight though. One day he may start to charge 30% as well once he sees how much he has to spend to keep a proper storefront going while also paying all of his employees' salaries. Then he'll defend 30% vehemently.

Attached: swine.jpg (620x769, 68K)

>assblasts Valve drones
>assblasts Linuxfags
Based.

Wtf why is Tim so fucking based

God he has such a punchable face. And its not because he's a douche, he actually has a punchable face. I'm willing to bet everything I have that he was the butt end of the joke in HS and the target of bullies

Why doesn't he just come out and say that he hates Valve and Steam specifically? He always talks about how bad Valve's 30% cut is, but GOG's cut is exactly the same. I've not bothered to check, but I'm guessing Origin and Uplay also take the same cut.

Is it something they can use to fish out food from the sewers?

He's trying to get noticed by Gaben senpai but Gaben doesn't care about him at all

Gabe said about EGS that is good for the consumer to have more choices

>>EGS will have all Steam features in a couple of months
Nice of you to recycle this months-old pasta, I wish it came to pass

I mean, I hate the epic store, but if this gave Valve enough of a kick in the ass to make games again, I'd be all for it.

>risk of rain 2 had no marketing
Let's be fair here, hoppo was an aggy-daggy beloved by Yea Forums and /vg/, and Yea Forums supported the hell out of the first game besides normalfag support. Of course his sequel would sell a million copies even though it's still in testing without marketing, he cultivated a loyal customer base that markets word-of-mouth for free.

all of that combined is still alot less marketting power compared to AAA Zombie based on a popular book and film thats also a co op shooter wich had ads plastered all over the internet and payed Youtube to run trailers

>liking geese.
REMOVE HONK

Attached: 1362643501652.jpg (614x411, 66K)

They have all the money in the world to strongarm devs with but why can't they hire some pajeets to redesign the storefront in a couple weeks?

I think you're seriously undervaluing the buying power Yea Forums represents. Which is good, It's not like I WANT more shills shitting up fake threads for corporations, but if you can convince Yea Forums to support something earnestly, it's worth more than all the Super Bowl ads and website banners in the world.

>popular book/film
Like wut, worldwarz is almost a decade old

The irony of his post being that he left PC gaming entirely and fled to consoles after piracy took over and it was nearly impossible to make money there. He didn't come back until after Gabe defeated piracy by making Steam and amassing an enormous usebase. Tim's always been two-faced and says whatever he thinks is going to make him look good at a given moment.

Attached: 1554832003870.jpg (1044x513, 85K)

They'd be better off buying a HTML and Java book from Amazon and doing it themselves then hiring Raghvendra and Sirisha to waste three development cycles skimming githubs for code to copy poorly.

how does that change what i said?

And? A book's age has nothing to do with its popularity. Harry Potter is 20 years old, and still gets films and games made about it. Lord of the Rings is almost 70 years old.

Can't be any more lacking than what they've got now, right?

He has suggested in the past that he was very envious Valve but Valve doesn't have anything that resembles UE going for them so I'm not sure what the bug up his ass is all about. If anything Valve should be envious of Epic.

Pretty ballsy saying that considering how fucking shit their presence at the PC conference was.

What a faggot.

Attached: swiney.png (630x565, 109K)

I had a dream last night that Bloodborne got ported to the EGS

Man like who cares about Epic at this point?

It's all about Microsoft's power moves mate.

its funny how both Microsoft and Epic where talking shit about PC around 2007-2010 only to come crawling back

People support those stores because they have better services than your shit that's stuck in 2006, Tim.

Yeah, he really doesn't. The only comment he gave is "it's good that our customers have more choices".
lmao

filtered

This only works until EGS gets saturated, it's only a matter of time.

Well good for them
I was gonna get it on switch but now I am not getting it on anything.

It might take a moment when all they can add is 2 games per week.

How do you think this if we have a confirmed account that EGS has disappointing sales?

>Harry potter lotr and wordwarwho
Are you retarded first two is pop culture the last one was popular perhaps stop coping

NOT DISAPPOINTING SALES ARE A FEATURE OKAY, WE'LL GET THEM IN "SIX" MONTHS ALONG WITH EVERYTHING ELSE

A bit of both.

Here's your superior digital storefront bro

Attached: 1557869205921.png (472x182, 23K)

>epic gets a gay goose game, steam gets halo forza gears and whatever else gets published by ms
How can Tim Sweaty even compete?

their claim to fame is selling 25% more copies of metro exodus than the lowest selling metro on steam

This nigger is 100% anti consumer.

It's fucking mind boggling how epic has untold millions from fortnite money, but they seemingly refuse to invest any of it into hiring a real fucking team to give the epic store an overhaul.

Diversity hires are cheaper

I honestly prefer a hand curated store than Steam's soulless shovelware assembly lines.

>hand curated store

Yeah the wonderful hand-curated store that puts out wonderful games like Rollercoaster Tycoon Adventures (a PC port of a Switch game which was a port of a mediocre mobile game)

Absolutely not.

he's based as fuck. how one man singlehandedly made both Yea Forumseddit and reddit froth with rage at just the drop of a single word - Epic - is the story of an incredibly based man.

If by based you mean retarded then yeah.

Is there any release date on the game?

Pretty much this. Anyone who pisses off these unironic gamer types is okay in my book.

Attached: 1550003581557.png (1280x720, 610K)

protip: every company is anticonsumer. businesses exist to take your money not be your friend. if you're loyal to any company except your own you're actually getting owned gg ez no re

Why does a billion dollar company consisting of literally nothing but software developers need half a year to add a shopping cart?

I agree, sucking chink microcock is based as fuck.

This, and if you think steam deserves to skim 1/3 of the games sales for simply hosting their shit on a server you are beyond dense.

Because all of their devs work full-time on Fortnite with 60+ hour weeks regularly to get out their unreasonable speed of new season releases. Hell, Unreal Engine 4 updates have slowed down too from what I've heard from some people working with it for their games

All digital stores take 30%. All of them.

Until based Epic.

blatant retardation to farm (you)s

Attached: yikes.png (250x202, 8K)

But that is the description of gaben

if you're an American you've been doing that every day of your life for the last 30 years amigo

HE'S WINNING, STEAMBROS.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

They can't find one code monkey to whip up a shopping cart in an hour?

>Stop right here kike

Attached: skull-trooper-outfit-hd.png (660x660, 147K)

Imagine being such an autistic shitposter that you defend a Chinese megacorporation and their puppet

Attached: 8E618F60-D7A9-4CE0-88FC-3793B472207D.gif (368x368, 3.56M)

He made me and my friends go back to piracy. He is based as fuck.

Attached: Chad vs Bernie.png (500x522, 140K)

Nobody really cares about the shopping cart and it's just some steamtard warcry at this point. They shouldn't give into these little terrorists.

Apparently their management is incompetent, which looking at the guy in charge of the EGS and Tim Sweeney himself isn't exactly surprising

Actually you get a shitton of money as a epic employer (you get shares when you join the core team) so they can't just hire codemonkeys it's against their philosophy

Doesn't matter to the devs, they get a fat wad of cash from epic either way.

>being able to make multiple purchases at once isn’t a feature online stores need

Attached: 1C5FEDA7-5BB1-4AA6-95D5-019C38046DB4.jpg (750x738, 352K)

Say what you will but it's the industry standard. Even for shit like itunes, app store, amazon digital etc. Everyone who built a platform for creators to use takes 30%.

Epic has a huge Fortnite safety net but even they have said that their current model is putting them so far into the red that there's no way they can maintain it for much longer.

you mad Yea Forums?

Attached: file.png (1000x563, 587K)

He sounds like an incel who was bullied in school and still isn't over it.
Phil spencer is the real chad to support.

Attached: 1154858325.jpg.0[1].jpg (1200x675, 55K)

>developers

why do they keep tying to push this as a pro-developer thing when everyone with two brain cells knows it only benefits publishers

So fucking what? It was that way because of a lack of serious competition and developers suffered at the expense of some fat fuck. Why is this a good thing for you? You sound fucking religious.

Steam is exactly the same, is the core epic team filled with janitors or something?

Attached: 1538698830654.jpg (890x635, 78K)

I've been begging for a real Steam competitor, EGS is pathetic.
Kys Tim.

i can't fucking stand newfags

Most gamers have one brain cell at most.

>developers suffered at the expense of some fat fuck. Why is this a good thing for you? You sound fucking religious.

Attached: Casey_anthony_AP110611139913_244x183.jpg (244x183, 24K)

They have unreal, they almost control the industry with that, the crytek engine is dead,unity bugged shit,source 2 dead

Is this guy ever wrong? PC gaming is still irrelevant in 2019 and he was calling it in 2007.

Steam spent the better part of a decade getting their shit in order if you don't remember.

>Best goose games
This guy is more than just autistic. He is actually fucking insane. Can't wait until he shoots up Valve HQ

Attached: Elijot.jpg (360x433, 33K)

probably, but not because of epic itself but like the switch on launch, a store with fewer titles have less noise which compensates the smaller install base...if you want to sell one million copies steam is really better, but only one game in 100 get this lucky, most live with scraps

Attached: The future of indie is amateur - graph.jpg (500x306, 63K)

Based retards he tries to save pc gaming with crossplay, Microsoft jumped on the ship too thanks to him. Gaben the fat fuck on the otherside keeps investing in VR bullshit

>Gaben defeated piracy
lol do you believe the shit you write? you're mentally unstable. this steam vs epic shit is looking more and more like a cult every time you kids post about it

Yeah, that's why they're blowing billions of dollars just trying to get a slice of the pie. The fuck are you talking about lol

Attached: 1542432494584.jpg (500x474, 52K)

did you ever play jill of the jungle?

same shit different decade

>A fucking cookie based shopping cart is 6 months away
How even

Attached: 1522805122693.png (600x295, 96K)

Remember to thank Tim Sweeney for giving us free games like Untitled Goose Game, Metro Exodus, and whatever the fuck they bought you a copy for.

few months ago nobody wanted to play any of those games suddenly they're amazing steam exclusives that btfo epic?

He is getting his life and family threatened by Tencent and probably on coke aswell. Don't be to hard on him

Attached: 1461764083948.jpg (1200x1200, 234K)

no
epic buys a bunch of copies from the developer and they pretend the game sold a lot
if a game sells 500k on the epic store, it doesnt mean 500k people bought the game
it means epic bought 500k copies of the game and maybe a few thousand people actually bought it there

Oh yeah, steam was a nightmare to use at first. The HL2 launch was a disaster, it eventually added back the friends feature, ran a few betas, got more software like id games on it, then they did a few nice sales. It seemed really cool, the DRM thing barely mattered at the time. In fact a handful of games don't even have DRM. How cool. Didn't even care that physical PC gaming was dead. Then 2012 happened, Valve implemented a new EULA and developers now had carte blanche to invalidate copies of games you owned. Sales are final, you don't own fucking A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G faggot. Oh you want an alternative? Physical PC games are dead. Go ahead, buy a cardboard disk of fallout76, it's just a steam code faggot. Go buy a copy of MGSV on PC, it's a fucking steam installer exe on a dvd, that's it.

Steam was a mistake, digital was a mistake, PC gaming was a mistake.

My favorite feature of the EGS is that it bans you if you buy too many games too quickly.

He is neither, just a humble businessman.

>Is this guy ever wrong?
Evidently, since Gabe was able to do what Tim andeveryone else thought was impossible. He turned a platform floundering in piracy into a multi billion dollar empire that anyone, no matter who they are can also get in on and make their own fortunes with.

>“Piracy is not a people problem. It’s a service problem. A problem created by an industry that portrays innovation as a threat to their antique recipe to collect value.”
>"The easiest way to stop piracy is not by putting anti piiracy measures to work. It's by giving people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates."
-Gabe Newell

rekt.

It's a shame that Epic isn't trying to compete with the steam from a decade ago, then

at this point i can't tell if these posts are ironic or if you're just gabe newell yourself

I cannot think or comprehend of anything more cucked than being a buyfag. Honestly, think about it rationally. You are buying from, subscribing to, playing the product of, and defending a corporation solely so they can go and get your games locked onto certain digital stores. All the hard work devs put into their beautiful games - sculpting their bodies, getting the animations just right, figuring out what their audience wants, designing a fun experience. All of it has one simple result: their game is more enjoyable for one particular audience that will buy it on another storefront. Made the perfect game? Great. Who benefits? If you're lucky, a random alt-right russian hacker incel who has nothing to do with digital stores, who just pirates the game. He gets to play the game without any sort of interruption or DRM. He gets the benefits of the game's good times, the way the devs intended. As a "man" who has a PC, you are LITERALLY dedicating years of your life supporting a publisher simply to support games for other storefront consumers to enjoy. It is the ULTIMATE AND FINAL cuck. Think about it logically

Attached: merry_pipe1[1].jpg (600x681, 79K)

>The music here is too loud
>I am sweaty
>I don't like these girls
>My feet hurt
>I wish I home polishing my knife collection
>Who is that sweeny person is who keeps talking about, what the hell does he even want?

Attached: Gabe-Newell-Ladies-Man.jpg (719x703, 63K)

I used to think exactly like you until 2012.

Attached: 2012eula.png (916x381, 16K)

My question is, how long will he continue to maintain this "fuck you" attitude? It seems like Fortnite is going to hit its first rocky waters in the future. Not saying it's happening now, but between the reports of constant crunch to get weekly content out and failing to even compensate competitive players, I feel like the first drop is going to happen within the next six months. Not to mention almost the entire majority of the people playing are trend chasers.
The moment Fortnite starts dipping, and if EGS has failed to dig in by then, is he still going to behave like this? Because the only thing that makes me think he's even begun to act like this is Fortnite, because it sure as fuck wasn't Unreal Engine that kickstarted this whole operation of autism.

>People keep saying it's okay for the Epic Games Store to be shitty right now because Steam was shitty back in 2004 when there were no standards for how a digital vidya store should be done

Attached: 5532408728_8142ae143c_z.jpg (563x587, 66K)

I could see it being somewhat benefitial for some games which don't drown in as much buzz, then again those are probably not decent hitters to begin with but nice for them

>I consumed all these games already and now I want to deactivate my account. Can I get a refund?

Attached: Epic.jpg (500x550, 144K)

it's more like moving from an african village into an actual first world country
based retard

Keep in mind that 6+ months isn't even an accurate number since it gets pushed back whenever they want to add games to the store, since adding the games still has to be done by hand.

Add that with EGS having a skeleton crew so most of their programmers can keep up Fortnite's completely absurd update pace, and that store updates, game additions, and new features are all competing for development time, I'd be amazed if that shit happened within the next year to be frank.

They just banned a CERO B educational game because it had a yuri relationship in school, so their shit is hardly in order right now

Chris-Chan?

Tienanmen Square Massacre
Gay Marriage
Worker's Rights
Winnie the Pooh
The Tank Man Incident
Uncensored Internet

There, now we'll see which of you faggots are doing this for free

Attached: pepsi.jpg (680x680, 54K)

There's a decent chance epic blows up the numbers of their games personally, given how they won't show you direct sales numbers and how they've supposedly promised this to people that have denied their deals, artificially huge numbers of guaranteed pre-orders to make the game a "guaranteed success."

Dear Tim Sweeney:
>1989 Tianamen Square Massacre Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomus Region Democracy Free Tibet The Great Leap Forward Dalai Lama Liu Xiaobao

Attached: 1550810927704.gif (1702x1384, 163K)

What’s the issue here?

Unlikely. Valve has been pretty adamant about ignoring the shit out of EGS. Something I'm positive has Sweeney completely seething considering he's crying about them at least once a week.

>Sir mister Sweeny is threatening us to buy more devs unless-
*BING BING WAHOO!*

Attached: 603322_10151507664491ntjia[1].jpg (716x960, 121K)

Attached: merry pirate.png (1000x1238, 1.15M)

The entire game was about two underage girls having sex.

>EGS will never support indie crap!
>Untitled Goose Game is an Epic Store timed exclusive on PC

Attached: 1350594293765.jpg (500x500, 109K)

steam and epic are both shit
imagine unironically defending drm platforms that reserve the right to plug your entire library at will. you don't even own your copy of the game if you buy through these stores. "gamers" are pathetic and easily manipulated

Weak defense on their end. And somewhat self-defeating, because it should stand to logic that, having been able to see how Steam AND other digital storefronts like Origin, GOG, uPlay, etc. handle themselves, Epic should have come up with a feature that combines all the good aspects of these features. Instead, they've come up with what amounts to a college intern project that they have to bribe publishers and players (free game a month, now free game a week) to come play.
I can understand people criticizing modern Steam, but using the 2004 version of Steam to support their argument is fucking retarded, and not acknowledging other digital storefronts with a presence is even more retarded. They're just assblasted anti-Steam niggers who have probably never used GOG in their lives.

user, the investors!

>educational game
Ecchi isn't educational

The Satisfactory guy cried a lot about people pirating (after he made that hilarious "9 copies" joke), signaling disappointing sales. Then, a few weeks later, they claimed to have sold 500k+ copies (The number was oddly specific as well). The whole thing with Epic "guaranteeing" a specific number of copies to be sold seems shady as fuck and makes one wonder if they add those to their sales statistics.

Attached: 44105121-3f86-4293-8cc6-9483c3fe4080.jpg (1200x1600, 118K)

>'Steam is unfair to developers!'
>Makes his own developers work 60-80 hour work weeks to keep up with the absurd update pace of Fortnite

Attached: Crunch.webm (1920x1080, 2.15M)

Someone fill me in on Sweeney's constant moral posturing of "valve is gouging developers! They're the baddies!"

I've heard that this is a complete scam by epic and that epic's take isn't actually sustainable for valve while they continue to currently rake in unholy amounts of fortnite money.

Why put any actual work into giving people a good service when you can just throw billions of dollars at the problem and make sure no one can compete with you?

Considering making a shitty Indie game, contact Tim for that free money, release it on EGS and just cash out.

Attached: 1559977864293.jpg (745x446, 72K)

All epic games defenders are retards or kids who play fortnite and shitty online in consoles.
Don't blame them, they just born like that, as people without intelligence

Attached: 1556647451302.png (500x500, 221K)

It's not even an "if" at this point. That is what they're doing.

Attached: image.png (600x272, 39K)

>plug your entire library at will
Name 23 occasions where this has happened.

I hope valve will roll out S2 for CS:GO. Old hammer is torture chamber for me

That's a cool way to run a store. Hand out free money, get used by subpar devs, never turn a profit and seethe at gabe newell all day.

There was an indie developer that got rejected, so I'm guessing Epic is gunning for as many games that they think "have potential" as they can, since they're still in the Stone Age where they have to manually add every game.

For Tim to give you that free money your game already has to have had some hype behind it or be otherwise guaranteed to draw some attention.

Another bad thing about the Epic Store, there's no path for an unproven PC developer to get out there.

>making maps for a game where the overwhelming majority of players are normies that only go through the official comp playlist

Attached: 1548294051123.jpg (400x400, 108K)

The blood of the devs has to be spilled to please the publishers.

You don't know where those posts come from on Yea Forums, but whenever such posts are made elsewhere with a name attached to them, it's always the dumbest motherfuckers making them. We're talking Randy Pitchford dumb, the kind where whenever they open their mouth something retarded leaves.

yes they said so

Wut geam

I never really got the point of making custom maps for CS:GO, yeah. It's just not that kind of game.

I guess there aren't really any casual-and-popular games left where you CAN make custom maps, though.

Unproven devs just have to make a good game on steam first, then epic will offer them a sum to completely alienate their userbase.

epic gets exclusivity in exchange for a lump sum and by buying X number of game keys from the developer. lets use 100k game keys as en example. not a single consumer could buy one of these indie games the first week its available, but epic can still say "100k copies were sold", since that is how many keys that epic bought from the developer. between that and epic not publicly releasing sales numbers means that any number coming from their official channels are nothing more than marketing and can't be verified.

I will never understand the people that constantly defend the Epic Games Store as if creating a monopoly on certain titles, installing chinese spyware onto people's systems, being disingenuous about sales numbers, lacking basic features like a shopping cart and having sales so sloppily planned out that multiple titles get delisted until further notice is "pro-consumer."

Attached: 1419354328723.jpg (1440x810, 120K)

Epic pays every dev $1 million regardless of how it sells just so they can brute force their inventory numbers

How is that shopping cart working for ya?

They technically do sell a lot of copies, and that's because in epics deals they don't offer a lump sum but offer to buy a certain amount of copies themselves. So a game could have 300,000 sales and 200k are from epic.

This is just fucking pathetic and it's irrefutable proof that they don't give a single fuck. It would literally take one guy a couple weeks at most to implement those first 3 things

>flags account for buying more than one game on the store

How does it surprise you that developers are the biggest Jews on the planet? We continously have shit like GameFreak who are in charge of the biggest franchise worldwide refusing to spend any of that money to hire competent staff and continue to insist on running with a minimal crew.

The point about spyware is a moot one, since steam itself also gets caught time and time again doing extremely shady shit.

it makes you mad so i pretend i give a shit about epic or steam

Am I missing something here or isn't guaranteed sale a common property of a certain system of government that Timmy claims totally isn't influencing his company?

Attached: 1558016269741.jpg (594x600, 152K)

Based Tim is more concerned about your financial safety than his own profits.

This reminds me of the middle school bully that grabs your arm and makes you punch yourself in the face and asks "why are you hitting yourself?"

>buy too many games at once
>EGS launcher automatically locks your account and bans you
>justification being "no one would buy multiple games at once"
>getting in contact with mods is almost impossible
>even if you do all bans are final
>when banned can't play any games connected to your account, even single player offline games

Attached: 1560224340140.gif (635x640, 3.28M)

stop posting the this image immediately.

shouldn't that be illegal in some way?

Protip: No one unironically defends it. Literally every single post is just someone baiting because there is no reasonable defense for it. It's why you never see any actual arguments for it and it's all just a spew of "lol steamcels seething" and other juvenile shit.

>founds the company and grows it for 30 fucking years
>hurr how did this corporate schlock become ceo
seething based commie retards

Attached: yeeehaw.jpg (447x229, 21K)

the dev got his money and i don't feel so bad for pirating his game, it's a win-win situation in my book

Attached: 1490156497420.jpg (269x269, 30K)

You must be nuts to believe this.

Origin is god knows how old and that launcher is still absolute shit.
Yet it's better than EGS by quite a margin.

There is no way epic can update EGS in such a short time.

I don't know how it works but I heard it goes something like "if you don't make 100k sales, we'll pay you that money so you're not at a complete loss. If you make more sales than that though, we don't give you anything. You're guaranteed a minimum so you don't go bankrupt trying to help me fuck up the PC gaming ecosystem."

Attached: Capture.jpg (898x860, 93K)

No wonder this poorfag is salty

Attached: 1.jpg (798x826, 140K)

this kind of open seething and impotent bragging against a superior faction seems like a lot like china's rhetoric towards the US, weird coincidence

Thank god Fortnite is losing relevance fast. Currently it has less viewers than Dota 2.

Nice headcanon, Tim.

Are you retarded? A company doesn't have to suck your dick to be pro consumer you fucking retard NEET.

This

I wont get any game that goes epic exclusive anywhere else

>net worth = actual wealth
Look at this retard.

I'm still waiting for EGS to even start getting their shit in order.
Their store clearly wasn't ready yet and the only way to explain it's stagnation at this point is that the devs are too buys manually maintaining it to actually develop anything now.

that's terrible then, isn't it?

The only thing keeping epic from falling apart is their big wallet.
Soon as they run out of funds to toss about, all they have is an awful reputation.

Attached: The Freeman.jpg (640x478, 50K)

Huh, that's written like someone from Japan speaking English. Isn't it easier to write a language than speak it? At least that's the case for latin languages

Attached: schizo.jpg (728x546, 51K)

>billions more money
>can't even have a shopping cart
jesus.

Did anyone actually care about this game?

yeah, on Yea Forums. I see people all the time on twitter or other forums dickriding it just fine or saying the people that hate it need to get over themselves.

granted I'm pretty sure the venn diagram of those people and the ones that suck game journo cock and will say anything if they think it means they can own "the gamers" is a fucking circle.

>tfw fortnite views are falling across all streaming services

Attached: 1560182835855.jpg (640x480, 61K)

I make SP maps for HL2 but since valve abandoned series my hopes are on CS

It might also just be written in jap and google translated by the browser, who knows.

Dont want to lose out on the year one steam sales lmfao

It's funny because the average pajeet team can develope a more feature rich storefront in less time than EGS has been up.

punny

The only people who view them so poorly are in this thread right now, no one outside of these shitty threads and the subreddit that I know you all post on actually care.

Japan have notoriously shit English despite being taught it in school. Most can't write it for shit, but they tend to have an easier time speaking it.

Explain the like / dislike ratio on the most recent Shenmue 3 announcement video then.

it's not epic exclusive, though
it'll also be on ggn

People outside of Yea Forums don't like Epic's shit either. You don't get ratios like this unless you're really fucking up
youtube.com/watch?v=LMyFpzi40jg

Attached: EGS.jpg (877x655, 60K)

decidedly so

OH NO NO NO NO

Ouya already tried this shit. *yawn* FUCK EPIC!

Attached: maxresdefault(11).jpg (1280x720, 194K)

oh no no no EIDF where we at

At least Gaben still owns 100% of his company while Tim has sold out a controlling share to a chink company.
It's also funny when Tim pretends to be a philanthropist by buying trees and shit all the while he's collaborating with Tencent who are quite literally fucking evil.

Get chink janniggered kid. Yea Forums belongs to the great communist empire of China now. Deal with it! inb4 seething janigger makes me spend 1 minute dodging yet another ban. *yawn!*

Attached: Basedboy mods and janiggers.png (957x483, 80K)

He's just a dumb faggot that made it his lifes mission to destroy the PC platform and sell it out to his chink overlords.

Attached: 1559967041021.png (543x591, 407K)

>few months ago
Nigger, don't act like people wouldn't have been excited for new versions of Halo 1-3 on PC.

Great job with the bait user LMAO. People are idiots.

So it's going to take a decade for Epic to catch up then.

Wait a minute, KOFXIV is on Steam

>replies to himself

sad. and don't think posting a picture of (you) next to the post or not will fool us. everyone knows you can mark posts as (you) in 4chanx.

he's seeing that all the EGS operation is going down in flames, with devs starting to refuse the paid exclusivity even just for the publicity that comes with it. his pet project is a failure but he's too invested and prideful to call it a day so the only thing he can do is double down on it

Don't be silly, Epic bought Easy Anti Cheat and immediately stopped them from working with Valve to make it support Linux

Took me a minute.

>dude, why doesn't this markedly smaller company just start giving our devs a cut that we openly admit forces us to operate at a loss, only we have such ridiculous sources of income going right now that we can afford bullshit venture capitalist strategies like this? lmao what, do they HATE DEVELOPERS?

Probably not if they're hoping to be a real competitor long term. I'm just saying it's a bit simple to just assume everything can be done over night.

They shouldn't have started in that state to begin with. When you throw a product on the market, you don't start from scratch like you just pioneered in the fucking field. Amazon had a shopping cart in 1999. This shit is simply unacceptable.

This is literally how car salesmen get paid. You make minimum wage until your commission exceeds what you're paid at minimum wage, then you can start collecting your commission. Figuratively.

They've been making games again since their hardware didn't fair well.

Or rather a tempest in a teacup. It will get a basket soon I'm sure but you also really don't need one.

What exactly is he trying to acomplish by pissing people off like this?
Even EA is at least trying to be subtle when jewing in order to not do that.

Attached: 1469447100362.png (569x732, 290K)

I bet bernie plays warioware shove it up your own ass game

"I was just starting a conversation guys! Really!"

I have a feeling Tim Sweeney and Randy Pitchford are just as autistic now

I know for a fucking fact 500K people have not bought satisfactory. He's been buying out preorder numbers and they've been paying streamers to shill the game, only for it to drop to 200 people after 2 days.

Attached: 48523ed.png (934x676, 528K)

He honestly couldn't pay me to use his store at this point, it's so goddamn anti-consumer I hate it but luckily they haven't swiped a game I care about yet which is good. I hope to God it stays that way.

>I hate it but luckily they haven't swiped a game I care about yet which is good. I hope to God it stays that way.

there is always an option, matey

felt the same way until Shenmue III
I mean I'm getting it on PS4 anyway, but that honestly killed all hype I had. I know if I play it there will just be this absolutely awful taste in my mouth about it. I'll probably just sell my copy on ebay unless they actually offer refunds.

Ebin's storefront being shit isn't even the reason why they're bad, despite its usefulness as something to point to that normies can digest immediately and how lucky we detractors are that Ebin is so retarded that they've refused to put in the modicum of effort to improve it despite it being the most shoddy effort of their entire operation.

The Ebin store is bad because they very obviously have an anti-consumer stance (notice how Tim Sweeny's faux-moralistic arguments for why you should use the Ebin store always revolve around them giving more money to developers than steam does, as if this is something I should give a shit about as a consumer) and how they think top-down control freak shit like deliberately cutting user reviews, their heavy handed tactic in shanghaiing exclusives even if they fuck over kickstarter backers, and having heavy gatekeeping through "curation" (aka something like Kingdom Come would have never made it on their store the minute Resetera bitched about it) are good things. If Valve were the beneficial dictators of PC gaming, Ebin is the scheming chancellor who wants to overthrow the king so the can begin their totalitarian reign.

It's a cry for help

>I know exactly what will be the best way to poach steams user base
>I'll just insult and blame them all for starving developers!!!

Ah yeah. The tried and true "screeching SJW" method of PR. It definitely works very well and doesnt drive further division

Chinkcucks can't get more pathetic than this

Attached: FB_IMG_1560433452385.jpg (720x553, 36K)

he has a point

All these fags saying 30% is unsustainable should see the cuts devs/publishers get from physical copies cos its waaaaaay fucking less than 70%. One of the advantages of digital for publishers was higher profit margins

They got auto chess? the fuck how does that work without dota assets?

please explain what the fuck is autochess
is it automatic chess or something? why would anyone play that? why not just play real chess?

I find it's easier for me to read/write vs speaking/listening. But I speak chink and frog, not nip

Pretty sure shenmue iii and maneater are permament exclusive

He sounds like a millionare verson of DSP

Attached: 54513022_2650670844960375_6952570681599901769_n[1].jpg (320x320, 6K)

Considering the silence on Metro Exodus, probably not.

At least Notch was smart enough to sell out before shitposting on Twitter, why is Sweeney so stupid that he thinks he'll be able to carry on like this into perpetuity? Does he think Fortnite will dominate the video game market for a thousand years and that no other big flavor games will come along to soak up the kiddies?

We'll find out when the first EGS deals end.

>Does he think Fortnite will dominate the video game market for a thousand years and that no other big flavor games will come along to soak up the kiddies?

I think this is exactly why he's trying to strongarm his way into the PC digital distribution space as quickly as possible

>tfw leddit is banning any mention of the samurai showdown incident on r/games
They can at least try and pretend not to be massive epic shills

He's taking after Zucc and he's earning the same kind of reputation for it.

It's not just Fortnite money anymore, its Tencent money as well. They aren't going to be running out of funds any time soon.
Tencent is just mad Valve partnered with Perfect World instead of them

Attached: Screenshot_338.png (499x488, 30K)

>browsing reddit

Based tbqh. I wish he'd dab on steam cucks harder.

>responsible for starting console war bullshit on PC
>works his own employees like chink slave laborers because all the autistic fortnite zoomers don't have attention spans longer than a week
>taunts others calling out his shit

Kinda ballsey playing like this when piracy is readily available

F
I
L
T
E
R
E
D

> geese sim
Blocks your path.

Attached: 1560614278003.jpg (220x241, 16K)

Well yeah, I mean it should be obvious to him, but then why does he exhibit such hostile behavior consistently and act like he can get away with murder when he needs people to be onboard with EGS? He should be trying to convince people why the EGS is a good option and so far the only two answers he's given is "FOR THE DEVELOPERS," when it's really "for the publishers" and the model will likely change when Epic can no longer afford it, and "free games," when the selection is pretty mediocre aside from a couple of good games. The rest of it is either him attacking Steam with a couple of legitimate concerns but mostly retarded antics that Steam could never do like 12%, or him saying "no fuck you consumers, it's the developers that are going to make you play on the EGS".
I'd assume they're getting money from TenCent, but I don't know how much. It seems like Fortnite is their big source of revenue right now.

>why does he exhibit such hostile behavior consistently and act like he can get away with murder when he needs people to be onboard with EGS?
Actual autism/asperger's?

reddit is also part owned by tencent, thats why

>Because games sell most of their lifetime copies in the first year
completely untrue for PC, by a substantial margin.
especially so for big games, like GTA, for example.

this, Tim China is obsessed about getting noticed by Steam

But he is the owner of epic games and makes more money than gaben (who sucks more chink dick than Tim) stop coping

they backpedaled on Shenmue

randy pitchford also has money, lots of it.

I think steam figures EGS isn't a threat since they have to buy exclusives to get users and it's not shown to be working totally in their favor.

Tim is from NC tho, so he's retarded and will keep buying exclusives until EGS collapses

why do you assume that he is only one or the other?

>But he is the owner of epic games
No, he isn't, Tencent owns 40%

>more money means he is right!

typical boot licker mentality, you'll be a valued asset to the factory

/thread

>What is unreal
OHNONONONONONO BROS I FORGOT ABOUT THAT

But you own a company when you have more than 50% of the shares kiddo

No, if you own 51% of a pie then it's not 'your' pie, you share it with whoever owns the 49%
Tim Sweeney has the controlling stake, but he can't get away with doing whatever he wants, Tencent expects a measure of control in return for their investment.

I bet you own 51% of your wife, huh?

Attached: 0e9.jpg (600x600, 30K)

AAAAAAAAAA I ACTUALLY WNATED TO PLAY THIS ONE
FUCKING CHINKS