How do you like your companions?

Attached: Choices.jpg (798x488, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8fz2GwpoBeE
youtube.com/watch?v=3J-je0_j0GI
youtube.com/watch?v=Nhb05wE2C5E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Non-existent.

Not even if they're loyal and competent and don't get in your way?

Attached: White haired girl.jpg (899x1200, 138K)

I don't want help.

Well, you can always choose to go by yourself.
Just don't be the kind of guy to only use light attacks

Bumping for Io

Attached: 1560116471913.png (1400x1000, 1.08M)

I like em small and flat.

Ah, fuck it

Attached: If you find.png (236x595, 267K)

Shame that she's the worst companion in the game

Attached: Gunner.jpg (1200x1200, 179K)

Attached: 1559332814892.png (1890x2160, 3.12M)

Attached: 1559589521451.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

>be a Soulsshitter and approach the network test similarly
"I dunno if I like this"
>try playing it as its own game, go caster, use the fuck out of gifts
"I like this"

I bet reviewers end up just being the first one, though.

Watching so many people play it exactly like a Souls game was infuriating. I hope more people realize how useful gifts are.

every single time, every single fucking time, a new souls clone pop up and everyone's all "this is harder than souls" until someone mentions that they have to stop playing it like souls
to be fair I blame the devs but I wonder if I'm going to see this until the "genre" dies

Attached: D77fexcU8AAnsA0.jpg (680x383, 56K)

It happens every time too.
It happened with Nioh.
It happened with Sekiro.
Then they all complain they hate the combat, ignoring the fact that they didn't play how the game was meant to be played.

It's like playing a fast paced action shooter like Vanquish like a slow as fuck cover shooter then complaining why it's so boring.

Just like with Sekiro. It's easier once you realize it's more of a rhythm game.
Speaking of Sekiro, I honestly like Code Vein's system more, but it needs more polish.

Attached: Staring.png (498x644, 507K)

I like them stacked.
Milk trucks only. No flats allowed.

Attached: 1559366981247.jpg (1920x1080, 117K)

Did people complain about Sekiro's combat? It was called difficult, but I don't recall anyone saying it was bad.

Based and titpilled

I don't like Sekiro's combat. parryparryparryparryparryparryswingswingparryparryparryparryparryparryparryparryparryparryparryparryswingsing x 10,000 is boring.

Just like the standard Souls player's style of gameplay

I thought you had to replace all the parries with dodge rolls first

Yes.
>LMAO JUST MASH R1 AND FISH FOR PARRIES

Close enough

Who cares about them, I need more Louis!

God, I love Io

Attached: Face.png (612x779, 1.09M)

I wish that spirit emblems weren't so limited

Marry Io and start a family with her.

It literally plays exactly like Dark Souls. Gifts are just magic. It's a blatant, unapologetic Dark Souls clone. Anyone pretending it's something different or fresh is a fucking idiot.

I have not played any of the souls games so I'll be going in raw.

> I honestly like Code Vein's system more
It's basically Dragon's Dogma's vocations but with a little bit more freedom in builds.
What I really don't like is just how janky some of the animations are. I just love the snapping motion of most Capcom action games like MonHun, DD and DMC.

Io in an untattered wedding dress when?

By that logic Nioh also plays like dark souls and you can play it dark souls, but no one with a brain would suggest that you would.

Oh, I agree. I really wish this Dev team was better at 3D animation

C-can we have sliders threads when the full thing is out? I am terrible at character creation but I want a qt as my character.

>Fighting for her just so you kill her in the end since she's obviously the Queen

Don't feel bad using one of the presets, user. You can even customise them a little if you want, but there's no shame in it, especially with the amount it has.

That's just wrong, user. Gifts are a lot more fun than spells

i like veiny tits

>the cute shota isn't a companion
Why even bother?

Attached: 155753.jpg (910x512, 243K)

I hope there is an ending where we join Io

Go away, Mia

>How do you like your companions?

Fertilized

Attached: 1538601055358.jpg (1001x1001, 147K)

I don't care what you think is fun or not, it plays the same.

I didn't use logic to come to this conclusion, you fucktard, I just played both games. Also, Nioh DOES play like Dark Souls, the differences are minor and overblown by people like you. Meanwhile, Code Vein plays exactly like Dark Souls. The biggest difference is the class system which is obviously intended to be supported by online multiplayer. It's why you can change class on the fly, they didn't bother actually tuning the game around the idea that every class should be able to handle every situation well, they didn't even tune it around the idea that someone could be playing it solo. You are expected to have at least an AI helper with you at all times. Now fuck off, brainlet.

Attached: 1560227065274.webm (1280x720, 808K)

As do I, user

Nice

Busty

I didn't even know the girl on the right was a companion. If so then I'll gladly take her. Unpopular opinion but I don't like Io's braindead look and flatty on the left is flat.

She isn't. Just a merchant

Attached: THICC Merchant.jpg (659x1199, 123K)

Io is very smart!

>flat jew with a silly hat
>anime james may
>a literal prostitute
Tough choice

You're choosing James May, right?

Attached: Use.jpg (424x600, 97K)

Ah, that's ashamed. Io and Mia don't really appeal to me at all.

She looks like she has absolutely no personality whatsoever.

She just has autism

Attached: Come closer.webm (1280x720, 606K)

She's the cutest

I disagree

Attached: Are you okay.png (1410x839, 1.27M)

He'll be capable of fighting once Mido is through with him

Io looks and acts cute, therefore

Io > Mia

with big tits

Indeed. Io is by far the cutest and best companion.

Attached: Take my hand.gif (500x246, 825K)

>I didn't use logic
Sure sounds like it

I want to breed Io so badly, anons

Go back to playing CSIII or Link's Awakening > Middle >>>>> left >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> right

Attached: Are you okay.jpg (176x378, 51K)

What's wrong with the right?
And those first two games are nothing like CV or Souls, why even bring them up?

I can't believe Io is fucking dead, anons

tmw you realize gifts are the equivalent to god eaters guns, where melee is just a way to recharge your resource for the actual damage.

>even has you go autistic when you mix-and-match gifts for each Blood Code

Attached: Mid-air slashes.webm (1280x720, 765K)

Looks flashy, but wouldn't it be more practical to just use normal attacks?

DAMMIJ my boy. Normal attacks only exist to charge your ichor for gifts.

I'm saying that would the normal attacks hit the same amount of times in that time frame?

ichor attacks dont use stamina as far as i know

Not him but you're right. You can see the guy besides him doing the same about of attacks plus his finishing basic attack at the same time. It's just flashiness with no substance. Unless you can animation cancel during those moves, you're literally gimping yourself if you miss or an attack goes through it.

can the one on the right go adventure with you or she is stuck at camp?

That attack in particular does more damage than a standard light attack string and takes up no stamina, AFAIK. Seen a lot of people getting hit while using it, though, so it doesn't seem to stagger much.

Stuck at home base, but you can give her stuff

Attached: Standing Coco.png (186x595, 196K)

> You can see the guy besides him doing the same about of attacks plus his finishing basic attack at the same time
user are you blind? the guy on the left only makes one basic attack and does a charged attack.

The entire point is each hit of a gift attack does way more damage than normal hits do by design, and the total absence of awareness displayed right here in these quotes is exactly why Code Vein is going to be poorly received.

i'd get stuck at her home base, if you know what i mean

i hate weeb shit debate me!

i'd give her my "stuff" if you know what i mean

They're used to flashy weapon arts in Dark Souls 3 that were borderline useless and did little to no damage i.e. Dancer's Twin Blades.

>and the total absence of awareness displayed right here in these quotes is exactly why Code Vein is going to be poorly received.
I like how you pretend that there weren't tons of legitmate complaints while everyone first started playing the beta, like how all the attacks feel "off", the AI being total garbage and easy to manipulate, the terrible optimization, etc. This game will be poorly received because it's poorly designed. This game will sell solely on being anime and tit bait alone.

I'm still mad about how useless those were.

i have avoided any gameplay so far

why do you guys say people play it like a souls game
what do you mean by this?

like, being too cautious the first time?
what are these gifts you say people dont use? are people hoarding them too much thinking they will need to save it for some hard boss?

Attached: 13734524_1061302660612319_1778824740_n.jpg (480x480, 24K)

struck a nerve? ;^)

>why do you guys say people play it like a souls game?
When I say it, I mean that they tend to stick to one weapon/build for the whole run and don't explore combat outside of light attacks and dodging
>what are these gifts you say people dont use? are people hoarding them too much thinking they will need to save it for some hard boss?
Essentially. Gifts use Ichor to cast, which you can easily get back if you play aggressively. Instead, people tend to forget about them in favor of the aforementioned R1-ing

>are people hoarding them too much thinking they will need to save it for some hard boss?
No. People simply forget to use them because they play it like Dark Souls and spam rolls and light attack, then wonder why they get their asses handed to them.
Remember how people did the same with Nioh and didn't realize you were supposed to block and parry instead of spam rolls?

That still doesn't excuse how people are fucking playing the game wrong.
The same could be said about people who complained that Sekiro was too hard or dull.

Maybe the attacks feel off because they aren't playing the game right?

Nice argument.

Ad hominem

>The weight and animations of the attacks feel off whenever you press a button because you're playing it wrong!

Attached: Hammer spin.webm (1280x720, 1.6M)

>Remember how people did the same with nioh

No I'm not a fucking zoomer so I don't watch streamers, I actually play games

>That still doesn't excuse how people are fucking playing the game wrong.
Game's FPS tanks when you break objects. Stop trying to defend your anime souls. Not everyone who played the beta played Dark Souls or is a fan of the series. It's anime game with tits, tons of different people took interest in it by that alone.

I want to splooge all over Io's fat tits

You just said the attacks felt off, user. Didn't specify weight. I'll agree that they could feel weightier, but it's not too bad.

I want to make the Girl in White's insides white with my semen

>you have to watch streamers to discuss video games

>You just said the attacks felt off, user. Didn't specify weight. I'll agree that they could feel weightier, but it's not too bad.
Is this brainletting or what? What do you think people meant when they said attacks felt off? Did you really just automatically focus on the idea that it was just dark souls players comparing attacks from their game to this? Attacks and movement feeling off can mean anything from awkward animations, weight, etc.

How the fuck does optimization have any relation to the fact that people are just mindlessly mashing light attack when you're not supposed to fucking to that? That's what we're fucking arguing here.

Is that supposed to look good? Why have small corridors like that if you can just clip your attacks through them? It looks awkward and the animation itself looks lame. It's a fucking red streak for crying out loud.

Yes? Most people immediately compare it to Dark Souls in terms of weight and animations.

How is it that you lack reading comprehension so much? I mentioned a small number of what people were complaining about, which happened to be how poorly optimized the game was. You have to be retarded or something to think the complaint has to be mutually exclusive to the attack issue.

I just like the idea of swinging around a big weapon using magic, user.

And it's an Ad Hominem argument to blanket that everyone is, especially when the people your arguing with clearly aren't. It just sounds like your scared of the DS boogeymen complaining about your game.

So do I, but other games don't make it look and feel this bad. I mean, The God Eater (and even Freedom Wars) handles this better and some of the devs from those games are on this team.

How else am I gonna remember how someone else played a game????

Seems like someone's really fucking mad for no good reason.

Because this is what we're fucking talking about right here you fucking dumbass and you're here trying to derail discussion. You're arguing that Gifts are pointless and it's better to mash light attack, thinking this is just fucking Dark Souls. It's fucking hilarious how people kept complaining they couldn't beat Blade Bearer because of this.

Care to provide some examples then because God Eater 3 looked so fucking bad. I think even Toukiden 2 looked better.

Are you actually, genuinely insane?

I sure am glad we have Io here.
Despite her lack of emotions, she's still sweet.

Attached: Snap.jpg (1112x1846, 369K)

Holy shit this weebshit really brings out the autists

Are you faggots just salty your anime game turned out to be a simplistic souls clone with much less depth?

No, I fucking dare to provide me examples. Especially fucking Freedom Wars which is a goddamn Vita game.

Last I remember, Dark Souls doesn't even have launchers or combo attacks. Not my fault the devs took inspiration from Dragon's Dogma and Nioh instead of Dark Souls 100%.

>with less depth
The animations may be subpar, but the combat system itself has much more depth than Souls.
I say this as someone who has played and loved all the Souls games except Demon's, but that's because I don't have a PS3

Is it bad that I like Io's boobs not for sexual reasons but because they look EXTREMELY comfy? I want to use her as a pillow.

I'm certain that's still rather sexual, but I would also like to use Io's breasts as pillows.

Attached: CodeVeinIo.jpg (3015x1809, 283K)

Same

Attached: Io.png (1035x575, 1.08M)

>ywn hear Io whisper good night as she strokes your head and lets you rest your face on her tits

Okay enough autism.
Post Mias

Attached: 01293012831.jpg (1920x1080, 199K)

who?

Good taste

Attached: Of course, I do love you.png (209x321, 103K)

A carpenter's dream

what?

>Because this is what we're fucking talking about right here you fucking dumbass
Yes, but that specific attack doesn't do nearly enough damage over the basic attacks to make it any better. It just locks you into that animation for not enough gain. Depending on your position you could fit one more basic attack to almost equal that attacks damage before the player lands and is able to attack again.

>and you're here trying to derail discussion.
Or I'm directly replying to the user saying that THIS was the reason why the game would get bad reviews, despite there being a lot of other complaints during beta.

>You're arguing that Gifts are pointless and it's better to mash light attack, thinking this is just fucking Dark Souls.
Actually, I was comparing it to games the other devs have worked on that shared a similar system, although6 with some changes. The enhanced versions of God Eater and Freedom Wars suffered from the same flaws when using their special attacks. The devs for these games always tend to carry over the same issues or even story themes. It's not wild that people would expect the same thing and then want to emphasize it when playing the beta and finding out it's the same shit all over again, game-play and story wise. You forcing the "IT'S ALL THE DARK SOULS FAGGOTS!" argument is just your own autism. The furthest I've gotten with a Dark Souls game myself was pirating DS3 on PC and playing it for an hour.

God Eater and Freedom Wars's light, heavy, and special attacks didn't have this weird weight feeling and had impact to them. Freedom Wars itself had TONS of issues but when comparing the whole large weapons fighting thing, it felt smoother than this game's attacks. I mean, you could use your arm thorns to try to pull down massive mechs (usually with the help of other players or tying them down from multiple angle points), and you could feel the tug and pool before you grounded them. This shit feels floaty.

Attached: 1555303568347.png (1024x590, 919K)

Flashy animations does not mean more depth.

What is the weapon count at now lol?

And yet the art style, the damn character designs, their personalities, and even the damn story is anime as fuck.

Attached: 1547622803763.jpg (1368x768, 261K)

As flat as a board and in need of a good screw

That sounds like Rin

Is it still possible for me to get a Mia fumo pre-order

Attached: 1544785814321.jpg (210x305, 14K)

Good.

Wrong.

Attached: 1549531843810.png (735x885, 105K)

too anime is relative, it could've been really fuckin' anime

>thinking the amount of weapons = depth
>especially when we haven't even seen all of the weapons
For one, almost all of the weapons have unique movesets, even beyond having different special attacks. You can combo into drains, and certain weapons allow you to combo into their special. Even if we assume that all the Lost versions will be similar to their regular counterparts, they have differences in scaling and base damage. There are also a lot more ways to alter weapons, from status effects to elemental damage, to even making them lighter/heavier. Weapon types also have different drain ratings, which will effect how often you can cast gifts.
Secondly, Ichor and Gifts have a lot more depth than magic in Souls. You need to unlock them before you can use them, and meeting certain requirements will allow you to place them in different blood codes if you meet the stat requirements. This allows you to experiment with which ones you like more with certain builds a lot more.

>wrong
>guy literally says this during interview
>game ends up being the opposite

They even rehashed the same special girl concept from Freedom Wars and EVERY God Eater game.

>flashy animations
>sending an enemy upwards to do a drain attack that replenishes another resource so that you can perform more special attacks
>not depth
Yeah because chugging blue estus or just resting at bonfires is more deep.
Code Vein has many problems but one thing I like it better than Dark Souls is actually expanding more on the amount of tools you have instead of being stuck with light and heavy attacks and useless spells

>For one, almost all of the weapons have unique movesets, even beyond having different special attacks.
Not him but that doesn't change anything. It's still just "flashy animations." You know what else had tons of animations? Dark Souls games for it's flashy attacks that were useless garbage, kingdom hearts that had tons of magic and other moves that were not worth using, and so on. Having more choices means nothing if it's just pointless flash. If you can out DPS when just basic attacks and not suffer animation lock, why pretend the others are better?

Reminder not to panic!

Attached: Don't panic.webm (1920x1080, 2.87M)

>Yeah because chugging blue estus or just resting at bonfires is more deep.
There's that Ad Hominem again. I guess you just gotta reach for Dark Souls comparison.

That looks fucking awful. Why are they putting so many small corridors if the monsters will clip through it with their attacks? And why do all attacks just look like light attacks?

>getting hit in front of Io

Did anyone else feel like the network test was a little too punishing in terms of healing? You barely got anything back from your not-Estus and I'm positive I didn't miss any upgrades for it. I feel like you're supposed to get charges back when you backstab enemies, or at the very least have a Gift that lets you heal/restore charges.

>This game has more depth than Dark Souls
>No, it doesn't
>Yes it does, and here is how it has more depth than Dark Souls
>Why are you comparing this to Dark Souls?

Did you actually play the beta at all? 90% of people were having problems because all they did was mash light attacks.
Guess which games also had this same reaction?
Nioh and Sekiro.
At least look up Japanese players play Code Vein and you'll see they can actually pull off flashy shit while being efficient without having to resort to cheese.

>one hit immediately stuns/flinches you long enough for him to instantly combo into his finisher.
nice

That area was just for the E3 demo, Brainlet-kun

Learn to fucking read. The post claimed that Code Vein has less depth than Dark Souls.

I actually can't remember the last time I saw an enemy's attack not clip through a wall in a Souls game

>90% of people were having problems because all they did was mash light attacks.
>source? My anus.

We pretending the beta didn't have weightless looking attacks and hits that let the enemy knock you again for free?

>And why do all attacks just look like light attacks?
Because you guys kept complaining that the combat speed as so slow and they made it faster?

i recognize that hammer

That's cool. I don't play Dark Souls and I never mentioned Dark Souls.

This thread reminds me of FF15 babies losing their shit in KH3 threads because they felt like everything was a direct comparison, when users they were replying to made no mention of the game.

Attached: 1550006184538.png (420x420, 250K)

>90% of people were having problems because all they did was mash light attacks.
Considering everyone streaming the game and how they played in coop against Blade Bearer? Yes? 90% of niggers you played with were fucking useless headless chickens that just spammed light attack.

At least they aren't trannies

>Because you guys kept complaining that the combat speed as so slow and they made it faster?
So instead of putting the effort into adapting the animations to feel less like they locked you into each swing animation (based on the first trailers), they just sped everything up and called it a problem solver? Nice.

I assume that there will be a passive gift that restores Ichor and Health upon drain attacks. The sucky healing is probably to balance your companions being able to revive you

Dark Souls was one of the very few RPGs that made use of wall collision in tight corridors though. Most RPGs simply disabled attacks when attacking into a wall.

>Considering everyone streaming the game and how they played in coop against Blade Bearer?
>source for this too? Dude, did you not check my asshole?
What's even more funny is the fact that you brought up streamers. I guess the some youtube let's plays being shitty at their playthroughs also reflect 90% of the game's player-base too, huh? I guess everyone had no idea the game expected them to fuse personas as they went along the game just because streamers and youtubers tried to finish the game with arsene like brainlets.

All right, I'm saying that it's a Souls-like game and that I couldn't remember the last time an enemy's attack didn't clip through a wall.
Forgive me, it's been a while. I always felt like that only affected you.

youtube.com/watch?v=8fz2GwpoBeE
Here's 9 minutes of someone using one (1) gift, maybe five times in the whole video, getting hit during it EVERY time because he has no idea what windows of opportunity are. Never buffs, never shoots, never times things, just mashes light attack and spams rolls.

>All right, I'm saying that it's a Souls-like game and that I couldn't remember the last time an enemy's attack didn't clip through a wall.
Cool. Why should I care about it being like Dark Souls though? It's actually more like Freedom Wars and a bit like God Eater in terms of sword combat, though more weightless.

The same could be said for you. What's your fucking proof that people played this competently? You don't even sound like you played the game at all. After all, you first post was you asking if the Gift combo was viable at all and you compared it to light attacks, when any good player would know that Gift attacks are infinitely better because not only do they cost no stamina to perform, they have some iframes on initiation, and each hit does more damage than a normal light attack.

>E3 video
>"professional" Game reviewers in general known to be shit at their job
>pretending this somehow reflects 90% of the playerbase despite guys like E3 players being memed and shat on through the years as people who AREN'T reflecting of other players and have shitty opinions because they don't put the effort

I can't tell if you're just pretending to be retarded or this deluded.

From behind.

The onus is now on you to show us a video showcasing your assertion.

>What's your fucking proof that people played this competently?
>let me push the burden of proof on you to prove what I haven't proven wrong

>After all, you first post was you asking if the Gift combo was viable at all and you co-
>everyone in this thread is the same person

Attached: 1556474440600.png (645x729, 147K)

Again, explain to me in detail why using gifts are useless and mashing light attack is the only way to play this game.

Is the Queen's Knight the edgiest boss?

Attached: Nothin' personelle.webm (640x480, 2.85M)

< only acceptable companion

Attached: dog.jpg (1280x720, 158K)

That's not how it works. You make a claim and should provide proof. All you did was link a shitty E3 video that most gamers generally don't trust (Pokemon ORAS too much watter) and pretend it was 90% of the playerbase.

*Mido blocks your path*

Attached: 1550898543291.png (1169x597, 440K)

I think this is Mido

Attached: Mido I think.webm (1280x720, 385K)

I liked the network test but it was janky as fuck. Online multiplayer was nonfunctional half the time, and I frequently got a bug where my backstab would be interrupted by my partner and none of my buttons would work until I got hurt, which is a dangerous concession in this game. But even the singleplayer had some really janky shit. Backstabs were super inconsistent because the way the enemy is facing doesn't match their standing animation. Also enemy attacks reach ten feet around them while your attacks reach about six inches. I still find it fun but it feels a lot looser than I'd prefer. I find it hard to believe they spent so much time improving it and this is the result.

>466552095
Okay, that's enough (You)s for you pal, you've clearly had enough. Time to go home.

I saw Mido at some ruins at the Cathedral of Sacred Blood yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and get in the way of him experimenting on orphans or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his blood veil shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my Ichor farming, and I heard him monologue as I walked off. When I came to loot some corpses up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen crying orphans in his hands without beating the boss.
The Successor of the Rib Cage at the arena was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to beat the boss first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the boss fight.
When she took one of the children and started stabbing it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to stab them each individually “to elevate mankind to the next step in evolution,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s scientifically viable. After she stabbed each orphan and put them in a bag and started phase two, he kept interrupting her by monologuing really loudly.

beat me to it

Based

Getting heavy Artorias vibes on that last boss there

It's crazy cluster fuck to be honest
youtube.com/watch?v=3J-je0_j0GI
That said at least it has MP at the beginning and probably won't be DOA like Nioh who announced MP way too late in its lifespan

I have no idea how my own multiplayer sessions went mostly smoothly after hearing all of these complaints. The worst that has happened was me sometimes rolling really weirdly. I hope they fix their network before the game launches.

Because of the way the game is designed. As seen in multiple webms of brainlets thinking what they're posting looks good, it only takes one hit from an enemy to allow them to combo into a second or third in most cases. They swing to fast and lightly for what is considered HEAVY damage, so locking yourself into animations for some moves is generally too risky for a not as equal reward when you can just keep your ability to COMPLETELY animation cancel and out DPS the time and risk you'd put in to do flashy moves. Freedom Wars had the same issue where some sometimes bosses would just nig out and do heavy moves with fast animations, though that didn't always happen. This game has almost every heavy enemy attack doing light attack tier animations. It's basic min-maxing combat 101. What is the more viable and optimal play style? You should only use gifts on to close in on enemies or when they're completely locked in one an animation, otherwise you're being greedy for no reason.

I mean, just look at this shit. . You have bosses teleportation behind you without warning or any kind of cue to give the player time to react. That is the same kind of bad game design that had people complain about enemies in freedom wars, especially when they went into nig mode. This attack may look flashy, cool and provide reach/AOE but is a completely stupid choice if it means locking yourself into that animation so the boss can teleport behind you and just kill you. It's not the only move that's this risky and enemies in general swing too fast or don't go into hit stun often enough.

There's also posts like this that talk about the other problems in the game that you guys seem to intentionally avoid replying to.

DUmb dork souls player.

Or he played Freedom Wars and God Eater, something the devs of this game worked on.

Gifts like triple annihilator and dragon lunge were much better options than just R1 spam, though, and certain gifts had extra features like teleporting a few meters in front of you to attack or hitting around you in a circle.

No, that's a thing in dark souls especially 3. What made straight swords so broken was that you could spam R1 all day and out DPS a 2handed weapon because not only did it cost less stamina per hit, you also did arguably the same amount of damage in the same time frame while still having enough stamina to do more attacks. This encouraged players to simply ignore all other options because it was so effective.

ASET CHADS RISE UP

Attached: Sitting Io.jpg (1366x768, 509K)

which one has a dick?

Attached: 1534027392521.png (261x314, 130K)

>90% of people were having problems
Who? Where?

>Muh nip gods
You are insufferable

Goddamn why does she have so much hp or is this a case of the player simply not leveled up his gear enough?
Nice tits tho

Attached: 26354423_2009289025956420_1939220378874281984_n.jpg (415x519, 49K)

>No, that's a thing in dark souls especially 3.
It's also a thing in Freedom Wars and God Eater, as mentioned multiple times throughout this thread. Locking on to Dark Souls and forcing that argument doesn't change this fact.

I did the opposite
played nioh 500 hours then tried ds3
I absolutely hated how it felt like nioh underwater and didn't really give it a fair shake
I guess I can't blame them

>dragon's dogma with more freedom in builds
SOLD

Attached: 1540515582529.gif (538x302, 1.11M)

>Goddamn why does she have so much hp
Because that's how God Eater and Freedom Wars handles their bosses. Everyone boss monster in those game is a damage sponge that does insane damage with next to no wind-up animation.

I think he was over level 40 in that fight.

This is going to get censored isn't it?

Don't jinx it nigga

It does.
>Muh combo finishers and anime special attacks

Meanwhile every DS game has 40+ weps and excluding tryhard esports majority can be built for an useful
Multiple kinds of magic which can be blended into different builds
Countless notable interesting bosses, all the bosses seen for codevein are just typical anime designs, same can be said for all the npcs that are just made to appeal to neckbeards

>Countless notable interesting bosses, all the bosses seen for codevein are just typical anime designs, same can be said for all the npcs that are just made to appeal to neckbeards
That's because these faggots refuse to accept the fact that this game is closer to FW and GE than Dark Souls. They just want to force their comparisons on DS. The game has these issues because the devs could never fix these issues in any of their game games.

Is this a new webm? Why does the game still look so bad? They are so lazy, the anime characters stick out so fucking hard from the environments
It's like the npcs, environments and monsters were all meshed together like some asset store abomination with not effort to create a cohesive world

What do you think, user?

Attached: Io jiggle 03.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

You made the claim retard, then posted only one video from IGN of all places
Some noname twitch streamer would have unironically been a better source for your point

So it's designed for multiplayer then? I missed how Dark Soul 1, despite having bosses deal huge damage to you, you also did noticeable damage to them, so it wasn't just a DPS race. You actually had to play tactically and manage your hits.
youtube.com/watch?v=Nhb05wE2C5E

I'd probably hang myself if they censored Io

I love tits

The game isn't even out yet, user, so we don't know how many weapons there are in total. They all seem useful so far, though. Code Vein also has many different spells for different builds. We also haven't seen many bosses, but the ones we have seen all fight differently and have unique properties not counting the obvious minibosses treated as bosses.

CE is clearly the most DPS race shit ever. Bosses are quick and hit hard, you are quick and can hit hard.

>The game isn't even out yet, user, so we don't know how many weapons there are in-
Then why even bring it up when DS already eclipsed the beta's numbers? Don't say shit and then backtrack into waiting for the release when the beta itself has inferior numbers. It's goalpost tier.

Everytime I see big boobs it fills me with an overwhelming will to live and overall positive life energy

What? I was saying that each weapon has unique movesets. You're the one who brought up the amount of weapons

The thing that dark souls got right was how they handled downtime between boss attacks. Even though you are outnumbered in O+S fight, they have so much downtime between their attacks you never feel it's broken or unfair. I can already CV just being wacky anime speed boss fights simply because that is what the devs find difficult.

based

>Multiple kinds of magic which can be blended into different builds
Because a lot of them were fucking useless.
For example in Sorcery, the only spell you used was Great Soul Spear while in Pyromancy, you have your Great Chaos Orb. Everything else was gimmicky bullshit that did way less damage regardless of insane stat reallocation and rings. Of all those 40+ weapons, a lot of weapons simply had terrible scaling that rendered them nonviable at all even if you were fooling around. Dark Souls 3 was the worst offender at this, which is a shame since Dark Souls 2 nearly perfected weapon and spell balance and opened up a lot of fun builds.
So far in Code Vein, the only truly subpar kit was the bayonet rifle because jesus fuck the ranged attack does little to no damage at all against spongier enemies. But that said, nearly all gifts are very useful.

I wasn't the one who brought it up. I'm just pointing out that that he backed up the flashy vs substance argument by bringing up how much viable choices there were that we KNOW of in DS right now and how you just said "well wait for the release." If you're going to try arguing amounts, don't retreat into telling people to wait for the full game. Nobody knows how much we'll get.

Nice

Attached: Io scroll.png (664x892, 931K)

No, I did actually and it was my only other post so far into this thread.
Not everyone who is shitting on this budget game is the same person.

Same, dude. I don't know how chestlets and chestlet apologists live with themselves.
They're a drain on the overall happiness on earth.

My apologies, then. It's hard to keep track when everyone is anonymous, so I assumed you were just one person.

I really hope it gets buffed by release because it's the one I was eyeing the most. I love anime girls with gun.

same, especially when their guns are thick and veiny

Post Mia

I hope there are some gun focused blood codes that allow you to be like the enemy rifle users

Attached: table.jpg (498x298, 16K)

What's the point of giving her stuff? This a dating sim or something?

You mean this one?

Attached: 1560585419409.webm (1280x720, 1.73M)

You exchange stuff for special currency to buy cool shit

Post feet

There was a different enemy in the Network test who fire his gun twice while doing a backflip

FUCK HIM

>user, you should go socialize with more people! I'll always be with you.

Attached: Looking through.webm (1280x720, 435K)

It's probably a different blood code. The one that you and Mia use is pretty crap since it's a jack of all trades moveset between bayonet and ranged attacks.

why does she always look concerned

shit animations

Autism
And the one she loves is also really autistic

Because her game will flop and released in on a September where Gears 5 will come out and everyone will ignore it. Besides, Bamco got Miyazaki back. Code Vein has no reason to exist now.
Makes me wonder what made Miyazaki change his mind though since he was pretty intent on leaving Bamco after Dark Souls.

holyshit this game is awful. He's standing straight up throughout this whole webm and his sword even clips through the grand while just walking because it's at an angle and he isn't.

Attached: 1532583156992.png (768x537, 520K)

Cute, quiet and barefoot.

cope

>projecting

Attached: 1553941372725.jpg (678x994, 74K)

I need that kind of comfort. Io would make a great gf.

see

cringe

Unpolished, but fun

>that pic

Rip japan, already infected by hipster feminists. Lets go bros.

cope

It was the first sign that the game was going to be shit

seethe

With what?

>every enemy, player and npc clips through corridors along with their attacks
>this happens too with every model
>pretending it'll be changed.

I'm gonna pre-order it anyways

same

>tfw clipping doesn't bother me in the slightest during gameplay as long as it doesn't obstruct my view

>coping this hard

Attached: 1556476555677.jpg (549x556, 27K)

Attached: Io Jiggle 05.webm (1280x720, 713K)

Is it possible to get the art book and soundtrack without the Mia statue?

>he doesn't want to hotglue Mia's statue

Don't worry. The pathetic incels here will buy a shitty game that's been proven countless times in this thread as a massively inferior clone as long as it has tits.

That is what most of these threads amount to if it's not arguing. People going crazy over Lo's tits and posting webms focusing on them or the NPC chars. It's the most blatant thing ever.

I want to out her in plate armor, with a hood and exposed midriff.

>Lo

The network test was a lot of fun, though. The worst things in the game are the animations, but they don't make the game unplayable unless you're some autist.

Very good taste, user

>fun
Just say that you have no taste, if you think absolutely weightless combat and clipping nightmare amounts to """""""""""fun""""""""""""""

What are you doing in this thread then?

Telling you niggers that you have shit taste for falling to such cheap marketing tactics to hide a shitty game.
You're free to prove me otherwise.

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!
get a life

You are retarded if you think normal attacks is it better than burst arts or the gun in god eater. But I rather believe you are simply trolling instead of a brain ded retard if you are implying guns or charged attacks are weaker than normal attacks in Freedom wars.

Nah, it's pretty fun. I enjoyed using the Gifts and draining enemies. The main girl being best girl and having huge breasts is a pleasant bonus.

samefag

No, fuck off.

cope

Mia is cute.
Cute!

Attached: Screenshot_20190606-220916.png (720x1440, 64K)

Why do the guns have no sound in this game? also why are they so shit?

Because it's a shitty low budget game like every other turd that Bamco makes in between their actual quality games like Tekken or Ace Combat.

Said no one ever

Attached: poll.png (788x606, 26K)

Attached: Fancy dress Io.jpg (1000x1577, 651K)

>gears 5
you are fucking retarded if you think these games have the same audience

>imagine being a developer for Code Vein
>waste 2 years of your life working on this shitty game because Bamco promised you that you were going to be the next big thing after Dark Souls since Fromsoft left for greener pastures
>come 2019
>Fromsoft hops on board the Bamco express again with an EVEN BIGGER Soulslike project with fucking GRR Martin that makes your Souls wannabee look like some college project by comparison
>Gets slated with a release date where you have to compete with Gears of War 5 and Monster Hunter Iceborne for attention
This isn't the first time Bandai Namco has left a game to die either the moment a more promising title presented itself *cough* Soul Calibur 6 *cough*

I still have hope

Being alone is better either way because there's a chance of betrayal. And if they're actually faithful to the very end then It'd ruin me to see them fall.

For normies, every single game is the same regardless of genre and they rake up most of the sales from games.

Just take care of them, user.

Attached: Take my hand.jpg (1520x855, 667K)

>*cough* Soul Calibur 6 *cough*
I'm still mad

>This isn't the first time Bandai Namco has left a game to die
Speaking of which. Will God Eater 3 get a Burst Edition or not? Or did they just forget about that game?

Jesus Christ! The last time I saw so many quality female character design in a single was in the PS2 era.

"normies" dont give a shit about anime games in the first place
kill yourself, retard

Attached: Companions.jpg (4000x5658, 2.9M)

And they don't care about shit anime games either. Elden Ring will rake in millions as usual per Fromsoft title, while everyone forgets this shit existed. Normies literally have better tastes than Yea Forums fucking lmao. At least they don't get distracted by shitty badly modeled tits to know that a game is fucking garbage

Attached: 1495617466771.jpg (236x226, 14K)

I like that girl with black hair in the middle

Why there are so few images of Eva? she even has the voice of Saori Hayami .

Attached: CodeVein-5-ds1-670x372-constrain-1620x800.jpg (1620x800, 114K)

Then what are you doing here, normalfag?

Because she's poor man's Jack Io

Because the game is unpopular as shit and not even the japs give a shit anymore when fucking FF7R is coming out. Shit game can't break the top 100 on Amazon JP in sales and preorders lmao

Attached: 354deaa3770912621bb816da.jpg (236x224, 11K)

She has the most cosplay, at least

Attached: Eva cosplay.jpg (900x1200, 175K)

She is concerned for MC (canonically male)

Attached: Very very like a berry.png (840x849, 442K)

Too bad, I'll buy it anyway and I'll play with it a bit , whether or not there is a community it's irrelevant.

Stop replying to the frogposter

>replying to obvious shitposts

Don't know. It's not like she's absent from the promotional material, either.

this looks awful. the art design is is awful.

Attached: Chains and magic.jpg (1920x1080, 279K)

Put all their titties on my face and dick.

I want her to bite my neck

Mia has no titties, though

mia has a backflip move so it probably exists

I can only hope to be as cool as some of the enemies

I want her to bite my cock

I still think the enemy design is pretty fucking stupid but at least it's fairly cohesive other than that anteater looking dude and the fat chicks

Attached: Staring at something.jpg (1920x1080, 236K)

remove that nigger from that picture of my wife

What use does a car have here?

Having passionate sex with Coco inside

>borderline useless
Dragonslayer axe would like to have a word with you.

I can understand the fat ladies, but I have no idea where the anteaters came from
To store her wares

Attached: Let me know.jpg (1920x1080, 1.26M)

Attached: until you like it.jpg (1639x1080, 277K)

Is this a PS3 game? those particle effects look so bad.

Io's tiddies

>I still think the enemy design is pretty fucking stupid
The same could be said for the game as a whole. It has no fucking "theme" or artistic vision at all. It's just a fucking mishmash tropes thrown against each other.

The theme is "edgy, chuuni stuff", in case you didn't notice

Pre-ordered Io's game last night.

Attached: Screenshot_20190615-142349.png (720x1440, 116K)

A lot of them were pretty useless, like the Cleric's Candlestick's "lights"
God, I miss the Blue Flame

based and Iopilled

I like it!

Goddamn, Io is adorable.

when do you suppose the next network test will be

Attached: cv.webm (1280x720, 1.61M)

never

Just the particles? That boss looks like its T-posing with it's arms. It's poorly optimized anyway. You break a single barrel in the game and the FPS tanks for a short while.

>>xbone
well, at least you aren't supporting snoy

steam pre-order when

Cancelled since the game sold like shit

pls respond

Attached: 1535288373466.jpg (140x144, 9K)

>wow i don't watch anime!

This is the shit kind of anime.

not buying this until merchant girl is a romance companion

based and cocopilled

Attached: Coco's cocos.png (803x962, 716K)

I'm not good enough to take care of anyone other than myself, sorry.

I'm gonna look code vein stuff up on gelbooru, thanks. But also no thanks to Namco for the crime of putting a 10/10 mating press tier girl as a merchant and not as playable party member or companion. We lost bros, the delay didn't add her. Maybe Switch port will fix it down the line.

This game is going to have a dozen hot as fuck bosses/enemies that get 0 porn.

>that get 0 porn
It's not very popular in the first place to get that much fan art. The pixiv page for this game is barren as fuck