Which one would you rather play?

Which one would you rather play?

Attached: 1560598428260.jpg (700x802, 286K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WO9WwR5Ng3I
youtube.com/watch?v=R7KMeOQb1v8
youtube.com/watch?v=QZ2fjfjTSKk
youtu.be/gTOFksRBxeU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'd rather play a western shooter

I'd rather play a western RPG

Yokai has shit gameplay.

Pokémon because the only cool yokai is jibanyan

The one that let me look under the girl skirt.

Next Digimon Story TBQHF.

you mispelled pokemon there, buddy.

Pokemon because the only thing I've seen about that Yokai Watch game for the past year or so is that single screenshot. Is there literally no other news, screenshots or gameplay footage?

both have shit gameplay

youtube.com/watch?v=WO9WwR5Ng3I

Yokai critters seem awful and boring. I'll pass, it's doomed to die anyway.

Oh yes these ugly ass creatures and the shitty QTEs are much better.

youtube.com/watch?v=R7KMeOQb1v8

Still Pokemon. But it fucking hurts that Game Freak are such inept developers and that they're holding back on the national dex. Fuck them.

pokemon

OH MY GOSH I LOVE POKEMON!!!
THE NEW GAME LOOKS SO AMAZING!!!
SERIOUSLY ITS A DAY 1 BUY FOR ME!!!

Attached: Super Soyjak.jpg (665x800, 157K)

Top one looks better, which is the entire point of this thread I suppose? But I'd rather play the bottom one. Likewise, Horizon Zero Dawn, MGS V and Alien Isolation all look better than Tetris but I'd rather play Tetris. Coz, y'know, it's a fucking video game (not that Yokai isn't, I just prefer to poke'ur'mom).

I like the British scenery.

Top, of course.
Haven't bothered with pokemon since platinum.

shit taste

Bottom.
I hate convoluted cities.

Pokemon has better girls

Yokai Watch 4, too bad it's never coming to the west, because you stupid assholes didn't support the series in the west like you said you would.

Attached: 1529082605939.gif (600x617, 1.45M)

Can’t I just play both? What’s stopping me from playing both.

Attached: F123261B-0B02-4EEB-93B1-A6DFB6379078.jpg (337x323, 53K)

They swol jibanyan always makes me chuckle a bit

it WILL come to the west, so it can kill off pokemon the world over.

Level 5 > Gamefreak

Pokemon, Yokai gameplay is shit

never played any pokey mon in all these years not gonna start now

That wasn't the question, gamefreak apologizer.

yokai is mediocre jap shit.

Dragon Quest Monsters

Attached: dq-slime-face-close-300x300.jpg (300x300, 14K)

I'd rather play a well made pokemon game.

>shitty QTE and soulless nip suburb enviroment.
No thanks

>bottom
Comfy solitary exploration

>top
Normalfag trash tier

So you've never played a single pokemon game.

SMT

>Pokemon sets up Lusamine becoming an Ultra Beast abomination
>You confront her
>She sends out a Poke Ball

>Yo-kai Watch has someone turn into a Yo-kai abomination
>You beat them up in an actual boss fight
I'll take the real JRPG, please

Pokemon Gold/Silver? yes.
this soulless cashgrab? no.

Yokai Watch has the ugliest most disgusting and vile creatures to play with ever.
It's beyond me how anyone thought "yeah, people would love to capture and play with these!"

Yokai Watch? More like Shitkai Shitwatch.

Attached: 1468942843258.png (1362x1490, 1.87M)

The one with actual fuckable monsters and girls

Attached: 1557430411878.png (184x184, 21K)

I'd rather play Dragon Quest 11.
youtube.com/watch?v=QZ2fjfjTSKk

Attached: DQ_Plain.png (1024x576, 1.29M)

Can't wait to play the definitive version of this game on the Switch

>the sheer amount of pokemongoloids on this board

Attached: 213321321.png (1150x400, 1.33M)

I don't know user which one do you want me to pick so you can reply with "cringe" again? I'm fucking sick of this board. All of you fags just shitpost all day with the worst sense of humour imaginable. I just want to discuss FUCKING VIDEOGAMES but every thread at every time of day devolves immediately into cringe based snoy zoomer boomer "I want to sniff her feet" garbage. I can't even tell how much is ironic and how much is you literal retards thinking this is actually funny, actually enjoyable banter. Unironically kys.

Attached: homer.jpg (640x639, 84K)

Give me 5 reasons why Yokai Watch is unironically better.
Muh graphics isnt enough,graphicsfag.
When I want to play a monster catching and battling game,I want the monsters to look good and not look like some abominations spawned from Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Digimon is a better competitor than your shitty Yokai Watch and yet it never gets mentioned in these threads despite it being better than the gamel

Attached: 1554937430985.png (360x360, 21K)

*you* are an ugly and disgusting creature.

Attached: 1514873619756.gif (360x360, 122K)

Yikes

Attached: confused and concerned.jpg (600x600, 22K)

>Gachadokuro
God tier pun

It looks good

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (849x430, 135K)

The best monster raising game is still Monster Rancher

both 2bh

sneed

1. Better story
2. Better and deeper battle system
3. More exploration in detailed environments
4. More interesting and varied interactions with npc's
5. More exciting boss battles, heck, even regular battles beat pokemon

I never played a Yokai game, are they any good?

Attached: 1511896991382.jpg (1000x1000, 92K)

If that's true then why is it dead then?

yes, but yokai watch 4 is gonna be on a whole different level.

>shitting on Devilman's pre-evolution
It's a shame his ability is so shit that it's a detriment to actually use him because I love this fucker's design

Attached: tut.jpg (347x347, 36K)

Because quality doesn't equal sales and Koei Tecmo didn't know what to do with the series after CD and DVD declined

Well the reason DQ11 is superior on the Switch is because of all the extra stuff it gets there unlike PC/PS4

>complete 2D mode you can play the entire game in
>ability to explore past DQ worlds
>expanded storyline, each character will be more fleshed out
>QoL changes
>more monsters you can ride
>orchestra OST instead of synthesized
>can romance and marry girls in the postgame

1 is kinda janky but 2 and 3 are good. Being a Level-5 game, you can expect a fuckton of optional shit, too.

Not him, but I'll give you three reasons
>much higher animation quality. You can say what you want about recolors, but those are dwarfed by the unique monsters and bosses that all have a wide range of animations, INCLUDING WALKING AND RUNNING that is ACTUALLY used for a following monster feature
>Unironically more strategic gameplay. You can "muh wheel" but not only has that not been used since the second game, but the wheel was unironically more involved with battling than Pokemon ever was
>Devs that actually listen to their fans. People complained about the wheel, so they replaced it with a strategy board.,they complained about the RNG behind recruiting, so they added a farm-able 100% success rate befriending item, etc.
>

Pokemon.

Slightly better graphics don't change the fact that YW's combat system is mobile game tier garbage.

>466538124
>randomly leaves the battle
AT LEAST MAKE IT BELOW HALF HEALTH OR SOMETHING, FUCK YOU LEVEL-5

Attached: gettin me mallet.jpg (480x363, 14K)

meant for

>MUH GRAFIX

Can you go back to bitching about PoE or something?

Real time combat vs simplified turn based

What's the one mobile tier?

For the 3DS games, they both are mobile-tier, but YW's is at least more active in the more hectic battles, compared to Pokemon's 'one-shot or be one-shot' difficulty.
The argument falls apart when you realize YW is actually getting an all-new, real-time action battle system on Switch, while Pokemon gets.... more basic turn-based battling with Let's Go tier animations. What a joke.

Attached: 61927975_p1.jpg (691x864, 188K)

Where's anus-eye and tanuki with giant balls?

>Top
No actual content

>Bottom
20 years of refined competitive play balanced with 800 pokemon

youtu.be/gTOFksRBxeU

YW3 by itself had more content than the last 3 Pokemon generations combined.

With no recycled or cut shit

>20 years of refined competitive play balanced with 800 pokemon
Not anymore lol

I'd still play pokémon since despite everything it's still the best monster catching game.
That says a lot about the competitors.

>balanced with 800 pokemon
lol

Bottom one but with all Pokémon available. No national dex no buy.

how does 200+ hours worth of content sound

Blasters T existing in Yokai blows the fuck out of all the side content of the last few pokemon gens put together
Imagine if a Pokemon game had a full-fledged Mystery Dungeon subgame that you could use your actual pokemon in with special moves just for that mode.

>800 pokemon
user, I...

>balanced with 800 pokemon
>He doesn't know

I prefer Pokémon's gameplay but fuck Gen 8.

I choose SMT.

Yokai Watch has shit gameplay so I choose Pokemon. gameplay > graphics

Is there even going to be another one localized?
The first got taken off the PS Store and the second didn't seem to sell well here if I recall correctly

>20 years of refined competitive play balanced with 800 pokemon
They are toning down the amount to 340.

sounds great but the graphics kill it for me. i bet its gonna run as bad as xc2.

guys did you know I like games with GOOD graphics ?:) I'm a bit of ... a ... graphics connoisseur :)

>someone buy s game with bad graphics

ALRIGHT
THAT'S IT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
you asked for THIS!!!

>posts comparison picture on Yea Forums

Hahaha

Neither since level 5 also makes trash, just with decent presentation

>tfw they didn't add a monster arena for the enhanced version
It was all I wanted

Attached: 1537928935357.jpg (1071x880, 599K)

Holy fuck I thought people were overreacting but this is absolute garbage

The bottom, it just looks cozier in every way, a nice warm setting versus what looks like a depressing modern city

a few selected "weird" looking Yokai (there are more than 600 at this point)

You know you can do literally the same with Pokemon

Pokemon games haven't had content beyond their These are only off putting if you don't know anything about youkai and what these are actually referencing.

were these captures even taken on the same machine?

>the graphics kill it for me
yeah ok dude

Attached: dq.jpg (1691x463, 415K)

switch is either white fog or jaggies everywhere

I got some yokai cats from a kinder surprise and I thought they were neat but those shits you posted are horrendous

>I like playing at 25fps, it's more cinematic

oh nononononono

Attached: 1546364085641.jpg (725x500, 137K)

How are these bad? I haven't played these games, but they look exactly like you would expect yokai to look like

>800 pokemon
Brexit means Brexit

Don't give Eric any (You)s

Attached: pbf.jpg (828x1024, 116K)

this honestly
god I hope Survive does well so the next Digimon Story also comes out for PC

>tfw hate sun/moon but don't want to be associated with this autist
what do

The background has a bit more contrast in it on switch in this shot at least, but that may just be because of a discrepancy with the time the screenshot was taken. Otherwise the lighting contrast is much better on PS4. I can't tell which one makes the background blurrier.

I'm not an 8 year old, so I'll stick with Call of Duty and 2K.

I can't even read those fucking screenshots

>people think Pokemon looks better than this.

I actually detest Nintendo fanboys.

>Nip suburb
>Soulless
Shit taste confirmed.

I don't care about the national dex, unless they make a game in which every single pokemon is catchable in some way. Otherwise it's fucking annoying to get them all, so just have the regional dex. I think that part of Sun and Moon was alright.
But you should still be able to use any pokemon you please, whether through transferring it or trading for it.

Neither. Yokai Watch 4's gameplay looks boring as shit. I fucking hate Level 5 so much. Everytime they have a great franchise in their hands they have to run it into the ground because they are to retarded to figure out how to make good games. Fucking hell man.

>dat controller
I’m just waiting for Nintendo to announce a Switch Pro so I can play with better frame rates AND a better controller

Have fun

Attached: image.jpg (531x960, 124K)

Just from these 2 pictures definitely pokemon cause the world looks more fun. But in reality yokai is shit and pokemon is about to be shit. So neither

It's neither, watch the footage you mouthbreather. The game runs and looks great still. The Switch is more than strong enough to handle games like this just fine as long as the developers actually put some fucking effort into the ports.

Faggot detected

The whole bingo is rigged. You can't say anything good about gamefreak. Boo this shit.

>balanced
>balanced
>BALANCED

Attached: 1555165070773.png (464x401, 132K)

the amount of content and postgame that these games have is brutal, there is even a mode that could count as a game on its own. Imagine that within your game of the main Pokémon saga put a whole Mystery Dungeon with online cooperative, well, that would not even be the tip of the iceberg of everything they have put into those cartridges.
It is that even entering the quality and effort of the same, at least here you have freedom to explore the open map instead of walking a corridor and you have main and secondary missions as, well, an RPG.

Please, now that your saga does not even try anymore, stop being so closed-minded and try yokai, it's fun. If your only complaint is the design you should see them first, there are all kinds. Ugly, pretty, badass...

Attached: 1531602885334.jpg (600x676, 106K)

>OH MY GOD WHAT OTHER PEOPLE LIKE TRIGGERS ME SO MUCH

I'm excited for both but I'm excited for Yokai Watch more because I love the setting.

Yokai watch will never got as wide appeal as pokemen because it is set in japan instead of fictional setting. Don't they learn anything from digimon?
Japs setting is cringy except if you are ken-sama.

Attached: 1509677984572.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

how do i get into this series?

I will, thank you, you have fun screaming yourself even more retarded because I'm having fun.

ultimately it's up to you but my advice is what i'd say for any game series you're looking to get into: google "best dragon quest monsters game," look at the first ten or so results, and pick whichever one appears most consistently at or near the top
ignore people who tell you to start at or near the beginning imo, nothing turns me off from a game series more than being forced to play through dated mechanics in an early entry
this is coming from someone whose first dqm game was the very first one btw, i played it on my friend's gameboy back in daycare in the 90s. i loved it at the time but like most 90s gameboy games, it didn't age particularly well unless you already have nostalgia for it like i do.
the only time you should play earlier entries is if the series itself is heavily plot-focused and each entry is connected plotwise to the previous ones.

the cunny on the bottom.

The one with soul(s)

>Would I rather get cancer or AIDS

Top.

Someone please post the gif/webm of the bird Pokemon hovering along the ground without flapping their wings.

i too am very curious about Yo-Kai watch and have never played it, asked about it a little in another thread a few days ago. I was told that the second or third game is the best and to avoid the first ones, and that 4 will have an entirely new system sort of like ni no kuni

>Game Freak is literally so huge but they can't put the effort of polish
>hundreds of unique animations
>pokemon looks so fucking goddamn ugly
>i expected a NEW console pokemon to be visually incredible like Pokemon Stadium at its time
>what the fuck Game Freak
>why hasn't Nintendo given it to someone else or HOW would that go down legally? fuck Game Freak

THIS NEW POKEMON GAME SHOULD HAVE WAY MORE SHIT AND NATIONAL DEX WHAT THE FUCK LADS