youtube.com/watch?v=R9NL6toGGSM
youtu.be/tPaF7nEFW_k
youtube.com/watch?v=_qFdxo2EN0M
xxxivilization.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

all of them

why don't they make RTS's anymore?

Because blizzard killed the genre with gook click autism

I remember actually enjoying SC2 on launch, after having played BW for a while.

But throughout the years the game went from a macro-based game to a micro-based game - why not just make a new Warcraft at that point?

Age of Mythology, DoW Soulstorm and Kohan

The opposite, Blizzard are the only ones keeping the genre alive, no one else is even bothering to make the fucking things because no one has the creativity to manage it anymore.

Supreme Commander - we'll never see such a scale and superb user-interface again.

The two CoH games.

user they showed like 2 at this E3

Ssssh, it's cool to hate Blizzard now

more like everyone sees Blizzard fail and they're like "oh I guess it's the genre's fault"

Age of Wonders 1 is probably my favorite. Also the rest of AoW series, Dominions games, Total War games (WH1&2 and Med 2 especially), Crusader Kings II.

>Warlords:Battlecry 3
>C&C:Red Alert 2
>Tzar:Burden of the Crown
>Homeworld
>Battle Realms
>Age of Mythology

Medieval Total War, it's the only one I played too.

Lego Rock Raiders

oh I skipped E3, how'd they look?

the game age of empires was based on.

Attached: images (29).jpg (200x240, 15K)

It turned in to mobas, then now in to auto chess. People just don't actually want to play games

Age of Empires I
Age of Empires II
Age of Mythology
Rise of Nations
Warcraft III
Starcraft: Brood War
Starcraft 2 pre-HotS
Original War
Company of Heroes
CnC Generals
Men of War: Assault Squad
Red Alert 3
Stronghold Crusader
Rome: Total War
Total War: Warhammer 2
Sins of a Solar Empire
Supreme Commander

Attached: 81ryt081N1L._SY500_.jpg (353x500, 50K)

they are still made, but most are either esports bait trash that fails, or go more into spreadsheet management autism with real time combat on the side, and the rest stays obscure
not him but I only remember the conan rts, but I think that was more of a tower defense type of thing were you build a base and have to survive waves of enemies, survival rts I think they called it
conan unconquered

I like Zero-K. It has a lot of cool features I think should be standard to every RTS game. I just started playing it and I feel like I'm barely scratching the surface of what I can do. Unfortunately it doesn't look very pretty, which might turn a lot of people off. But it's free so give it a shot if you're a fan of the genre.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1920x1080, 939K)

meant for

Adding Empire at War and Rising Kingdoms

>Tzar
holy shit yes
the game is on steam now btw

Battle for Middle Earth games. In one of them you can save Boromir.

Attached: bme.jpg (675x878, 230K)

Pretty sure SWGB was made after aoe2 because that's the order I bought them in after seeing them stocked in stores. I wish it had more of a playerbase because it's complex and fast enough to offset the sluggish nature of usual ensemble games. Shield generators are also a very nice innovation because they encourage defending your base with units instead of static defence that every noob does. Animal nursery are also a nice risk-vs-reward for people who consider themselves lategame players. Royal Naboo for life. Was too young to play anything but scenarios on the zone but Ive been lucky to find some matches on gameranger.

>StarCraft 2
>fail
It might not be as big as it was when it started out anymore but that game is the furthest thing from a failure, millions upon millions of copies sold, hardcore dedicated cult following, was regularly filling stadiums with thousands of screaming fans at its peak, etc.

Is there a place to get a copy and play multiplayer? Do I have to pirate and use gameranger? Have the 1st BFME for pc and BFME2 for xbox (was a gift from a non-gamer)

it failed as a BW sequel
see: all the people flocking to SC remastered
SC2 is an entirely different game that doesn't scratch the same itch, and requires different skills

why do you lie

>Lately
Field of Glory 2
Total War Warhammer 2
Age of Wonders 3
XCOM 2
Renowned Explorers
Warhammer 40k Mechanicus
Rimworld

>Of all times
Darkest Hour
Crusader Kings 2
Civilization IV
Jagged Alliance 2
Civilization Call To Power 2
Master of Orion 2
Age of Wonders 2 Shadow Magic
Warcraft 3
Rise of Legends
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 1

Original War
Always and forever

Attached: Beztytuu.png (1366x768, 1.03M)

There is a way. Visit T3A:Online. You will find download links and patches.

Great taste

Recently bought 'ashes of the singularity' and never expected to see another spiritual successor to total annihilation.

They kind of brought the focus from micro-all-the-things to who-can-blob-harder and honestly it's not bad, I just whish that the army mechanic was more clearly defined. As it is it's pretty confusing to use control groups and armies

Steel Division 2 getting full release on Thursday. WW2 game from the Wargame devs.
It's pretty good

Attached: 20190608132025_1.jpg (1920x1080, 560K)

This.
I am physically disabled from playing these games competitively because of OSU shit.

Attached: RSI.jpg (600x400, 29K)

Attached: earth 2150.jpg (1280x720, 573K)

Oh shit I remember that one, it was the shit
Never really knew how to deal with the snail things

not RTS

great taste user

Heroes of Annihilated Empires is my favourite game ever. It has everything I want in a game except character customization.
It's an RTS with RPG elements with base building. You control a hero over the entire campaign but can recruit all sorts of races with their own buildings and units. You can also hire mercenary units, gather items, learn spells, level up your character... It has a great concept and I honestly believe that expanding on it could revive the genre.

Attached: 220px-HoAE[1].jpg (220x320, 27K)

>New Stronghold game is announced
>People are chimping out because "muh cartoony grafix!!!"
Why people lose their shit over some of the most retarded things?

Attached: 1520303642570.jpg (200x210, 16K)

Heroes
Disciples II
Warlords Battlecry
Age of Empires

you only need Stronghold HD. Stronghold 2 is the same but worse with 3d graphics and Stronghold 3 is pure garbage.

I just want another gimmick RTS like AVP: Extinction

Total Annihilation Kingdoms

Attached: 1560513064300.jpg (478x261, 28K)

Made masters league in WoL with a calm cool 60 APM.

Unlike previous games they've added buildings to the attack/defend mode, so it meets some definition of RTS now.

Which is irrelevant, since this is a general strategy thread, not RTS specific.

you fucking madman

Master of Magic
Kohan 2
Majesty
Rise of Nations

>More tactics than strategy
Panzer General 2
MechCommander Gold
X-Com: UFO Defense

Attached: master of magic.png (3840x1920, 622K)

I have a lot but for some reason i can't find good one post 2010.

yeah and you're talking about a tactics game, not a strategy one

Difficult to say. I like a lot of genres in strategy
>Turn based
Master of Magic
Master of Orion 2
Alpha Centauri
Endless Space 2
>Real Time
Close Combat Series
Men of War
Company of Heroes
Total War games, mainly Shogun 2, Rome 1 and Medieval 2 loaded up with fantastic mods like Warhammer Botet, D&C, EB etc
AoE2
AoM
SupCom FA
DoW 1
XCOM
Armored Brigade is bretty gud
Myth 1/2

There's so many great games to pick from in strategy you really need to narrow it down.

At the moment I'm having a blast playing through the Vampire Count campaign of Warhammer BOTET
>inb4 mod

Only if you ignore the singleplayer campaigns. They've gone see-sawed back from mission-based singleplayer to turn-based grand campaigns, this time they're doubling down and making it into a Unity of Command clone.

Attached: c7a7d2f04861ed345871a532b9bb8cbd520de980.jpg (1920x1080, 1.02M)

Pixel or indie graphics should always fuck off.

Forgot an important detail: for new games.

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 with The Succession Wars mod

Attached: kek.png (800x600, 394K)

Is it complete?

>why don't they make RTS's anymore?

There are a bunch of reasons as to why

- The genre was stereotyped as being too niche, despite massive commercial successes like DoW, CoH, SC, WC, AoE, C&C etc.
- Publishers and developers trying too hard to appeal to the finicky e-sport crowd.
- The shift away from PC and to the booming console market in the 2000s. RTS did not translate well to controllers.
- Evolution: MOBAs, Autochess, Tower Defense, 4X, GS, etc.
- Moving away from single player experiences, skirmish modes, etc and focusing more on 1 v 1 multiplayer.
- Harder to create a dopamine economy (loot boxes, gambling, cosmetics) around. No dress up, "Look at me!" feedback loop.

I could go on, but you get the point.

Wouldn't really call 4x an evolution of RTS. 4x came before RTS and has evolved alongside RTS as its own thing.

Not yet. They are still working on the Heretic faction. It is playable however.

Fairs. Never played HoMM2 originally. Put hundreds of hrs into 3 though. The art style for 2 looks very charming and endearing.

True - I guess I'm thinking of 4X being a refuge for RTS fans.

>Harder to create a dopamine economy
They are working on this point

Yeah, and they even left some questionable elements from the second game. Like having artefacts with negative effects and being able to equip copies of the same artefact.

youtube.com/watch?v=52A4r2zpqqc
Will always be my favourite.

CASUALTY

I managed to complete the entire campaign for Myth 2 on Legendary with no casualties with a lot of cheesing and savescumming.
Got my ass handed to me in multiplayer.

AoE2 is pretty comfy until I realize everybody else has aged ahead and my puny town is being destroyed by castle age units.

The one and only.

Attached: 7B2F37F3-C3BC-4F01-8346-E0F47DC9AAEF.jpg (640x480, 86K)

Other way around.

youtube.com/watch?v=SHy8nW29dVg&list=PL79A31E3662CB406C&index=3

Attached: 1456663142912.png (506x608, 75K)

Supreme Commander Forged Alliance
Populous The Beginning

No, it literally was Blizzard’s fault. Starcraft made “no fun allowed” RTS games popular, and everyone started copying them. That combined with the death of Westwood doomed the genre.

youtube.com/watch?v=x530q4hlv9c

youtube.com/watch?v=UPH9iKpM-fk

CHINA WILL GROW LARGER

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Command and Conquer Series except the third entries, Stracraft, CoH and currently playing Blitzkrieg

Attached: 20190615071005_1.jpg (1600x900, 654K)

Relic helped as well
>"Nah, people don't play RTS games to fight large-scale battles where strategic thinking and planning wins the day, they want to micro a small number of hero units with RPG-like abilities"

Red alert 3 is fun and you can fight me outside maccas if you disagree.

What’s 4x?

Civilization, and games that follow the Civilization formula

>sequel was going to be GLA going GLOBAL to the point they turned Mexico into a civil war shithole that also invades the USA
>China united the asian front and ruled over it with an iron fist and lack of human rights
>Europe was going to be full of nerds with powerfull weapons wanting to control the rest of the world
>cancelled because EA wanted millions of sales

FUCK EA and fuck normalfags, the closest thing is rise of the reds but that mod stopped being updated many years ago.

Attached: 1512530702135.jpg (472x472, 38K)

are there any games that are like Total War except without the world map gameplay? I always hated that part about it, I just want to conquer cities and stuff
Stronghold is the closest but the game is kind of easy to break/exploit

I disagree.

Shoulda gone with Nazis over JAPAN.

AOE2 & C&C's

Age of Mythology
Rise of Nations
C&C Generals
Warcraft 3
Men of War: Assault Squad 2

Ohhhh, gotcha.

It was a fine game, lets just enjoy the fact it was created in the first place

You need a physical copy or have to pirate it. LOTR licensing is a bitch

>I managed to complete the entire campaign for Myth 2 on Legendary with no casualties
If you are anything like me 80% of fight you were playing in slow motion I bet.

Attached: dmsmythiinewvrsn_l2.jpg (641x480, 43K)

I played it recently and was blown away with how good it was. Shame we will never get the planned trilogy

Nigga that's the whole joke about CNC games, hitler never existed, how the fuck can you make nazies a thing if you remove hitler?

the ones that are windows 10 exclusive

Attached: 1510306017891.jpg (1736x732, 313K)

Palisade wall off your resources and hit the advance button

Thanks guys, for reminding me to see if MO has upd-

Attached: Untitled.png (679x274, 270K)

Rise of nations uber alles

Fuck you i never played it.

Honorable mention of State of War and Universe at War

What? The whole plot premise of the Red Alert franchise is that Einstein invented time travel in the 40s, used it to go back in time to kill Hitler, which caused Stalin to go to war with the allies instead, which caused him to be deposed, which caused the American puppet who replaced him to go to war with the allies, which caused him to get his ass kicked, which caused his underlings to use their own time machine to go back in time and kill Einstein, which should have stopped the death of Hitler but instead somehow turned Japan into a world power.

Have multiple timelines collapse into one due to the Allies fucking around with Chronotech. Consequences to their actions, and now you get super high tech campy Nazis from a parallel timeline where they won WWII. A la Wolfenstein.

Infintely better set up than “hurr, Soviets travel back in time and kill Einstein, but Allies still get his tech, and JAPAN out if nowhere!!”

Supreme Commander 1 is the only RTS I need.

Man, I am on the fence about AOE2 definitive edition. I wonder if a modding scene is possible.

Rise of Nations was pretty cool. Too bad the sequel sucked

>new stronghold game is announced
what? where?

Holy shit, thanks for reminding me about this. I used to play it a lot but then had to stop Vidya for couple of years. Built a new PC later and forgot about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=ocU7-o6gsWQ&t=237s

Rise of Nations
Warlords Battlecry II
Empire Earth
Age of Empires I
Age of Empires II
Warcraft II
Warcraft III
Company of Heroes

the allies would have lost ww1 if einstein didn't save us with nukes

Attached: 1558177871366.jpg (480x480, 23K)

I wish I was good at it.
So much potential for cool shit but my slow hands make it unfeasible to execute it all.
>can't maintain a complex ferry-system
>can't ensure fast-response teams to attacked areas using transports
All because I can't manage and maintain air-superiority.

If you want to suck wolfenstein dick so much you can make a bethesda thread, but no matter what, Hitler never rised to power because he died, EVEN if someone else tried to make nazi a thing they won't reach that far, also remember only Einstein and some soviets have working time machines.
If you want whites having super technology to rule the world just say the truth.

This motherfucker right here was super comfy to play. Soundtrack was nice aswell

Attached: 516DTDXGC9L.jpg (412x500, 54K)

>oriental style
reeee just give me more castles and knights you cunts

Undeniably Heroes of Might and Magic 3 with AB and SoD. It may have a lot of smaller and bigger balance issues and generally, but it's extremely comfy and simply fun.

Where to get really old games for "free"? I can easily "acquire" shit released in last 10-15 years but things older than that seemingly vanished from the internet.

Wasn't there a Gundam RTS at one point? Also you can use OpenRa if you wanna get your Dune fix

>Because blizzard killed the genre with gook click autism
Meaningless.

>more european shit
fag
>tfw Mesoamerican Stronghold never ever

I only know of IGG, but that most likely doesn't host what you're looking for. No harm in trying though.

Don't bother getting the original disk.
I own them and after installing on Win10. I get the "this is a pirate game so everything dies after 5 minutes" glitch
After installing a pirate version I made it work....
The irony

But yes, I'm a fan of LoTRBFME2RoTLK

Sorry but not sorry, European medieval warfare is by far the most interesting and innovative in history.

Not at all. Soviets had the Nazis on the back pedal after Moscow. Nazis were doomed to fail from the start, it was like a 5v1 war and the lack of oil resources fucked them up. It was an impossible war for them.

Hell, USA hardly did anything significant, just take the credit.

>slow motion
>archer wall
>constant abuse of dwarves
Yup, pretty much

Warcraft 3, Master of Magic, Civilization 2, Europa Universalis 3.
Since they're on my 3x3, but I think if I analyzed that further civ2 and eu3 would get bumped off the list.
I think master of magic is the best 4x, and wc3 is the best game because of ums mostly.
Warlords 3 darklords rising is up there too, w2 and w1 to lesser extents.

I like aoe2 & broodwar.
wbc3 is pretty fun.
In the last year I've mostly played ck2 and eu4 I think.

Reinstalled Stellaris a few days ago after not playing it for 2 years, still lacking essential 4x mechanics but it seems better than last time.

Attached: china5.png (1386x1022, 2.07M)

What would the Nazis even play like in Red Alert? Soviets already use like half their tech.

Is this any good? Factions look like oc donut steel fanfic.

There was a Gundam RTS for the apple Pippin, lol.
Alright, will take a look. Played lots of fun games in the 90s but can't find them again. And I bought them, not gonna fork over cash again.

homm3 & homm2 are also fun games
age of wonders is great, but feels like worse MoM in too many ways

Attached: wisdomplz.png (788x1174, 476K)

In fact isn't most of the cool and daring technology part of the soviets?
>use of radiation to make sniper "rifles" that can kill drivers on tanks
>tesla coils
>a machine that render things with a perfect shield that last a good amount of time
>nuclear weapons
>heavy tanks with double cannons and AA missiles
>perfect use of cyborg troopers
>superior power plants

What do the allies get besides Einstein chrono tech?

The free Age of Empires?

Attached: goodies.jpg (3968x2976, 1.21M)

Out in 2077

>steam
it's on GOG

If only Disciples III tried not to copy Heroes.

Myth 1 and 2
good taste

1 game in 15 years is not keeping the genre alive.

I whipped this up after last time we had this talk on Yea Forums.

Basically take lots of inspiration from Wolfenstein and Metal Slug.

Gameplay focus is primarily on Aerial Superiority. They have not only the best air force, but comparatively quick access to it too.

Other tech focal points include:
>Mechanized Weaponry, walkers and so on
>Flame Infantry
>Flame Towers
>Rail Guns
>Their tanks are basically Tank Destroyers that don't suck
>Their Tier 3 infantry is like those dudes from Jin Roh the Wolf Brigade. Ubermensch
>Their Tower Base Defence is like France, except rail gun, on a rail track too.
>They have a flying aircraft carrier as a superweapon.
>rocket tech, their Harversters can Fly, and can garrison one basic infantry for defence, lightly armored.
>They have Hovercopters, basically like Nod's bikes, but if you deploy them, they can fly, and fire bullets instead
>They have orbital drop pods and a base on the moon
>possible space laser, would be like a giant mirror in space though, to differ from GDI
>As a campy little story gimmick for them, these are future Nazi's so they've preserved Hitler's brain in a Jar, and they have odd connections to Aliens (a la Metal Slug)
>possibly UFOs, but I'd like to see Yuri return so idk.

Attached: RA2 Nazis.jpg (1574x1017, 574K)

I liked Star Trek Armada 2, but it has problems.
From tactics games Blitzkrieg and Sudden Strike were real nice.
>Kohan 2
I recall cheesing the campaign by just stacking archers ontop of archers with heal support

Oh yeah, Tier 1 Superweapon is Blitzkrieg. Idk what the building you construct for it would be called. But it basically makes a group of Units have faster speed and firepower for a limited amount of time. Like WAY better firepower. One shot kills.

A reason why we dont see as many Strategy games lately is because over the decades publishers have bought up and crushed the studios that had staff that would risk themselves for a strategy game.

Is there a mod for Dawn of War 1 which adds more stuff without breaking the balance and also makes the game a lot more lethal? I like hard counters and I want firefights over in seconds much like Men of War AS.

>Basically take lots of inspiration from Wolfenstein
Yes user, i sure want to see an rts about raging dykes killing nazies on USA.

>American turtle for Nazis

>Doing it for free

You know Wolfenstein is far older than this generation right? And we're talking about making RA3 a game that's a decade old, not shit.

If Nazis had been added back then, you wouldn't have seen any of that shit at all. It would have been classic RA2 camp, with campy hypertech Nazis and a brain-in-a-jar Hitler. Woulda been great, and much better than JAPAN.

Kind of what I pictured as well. Aesthetic almost Nod like, a lot of expensive but deadly troops. I would probably put more emphasis on vehicles like Panzer Elite in CoH.

I didn't add any Navy yet though. Idk where you're seeing the turtle.

Besides what would be their motivation besides "HURR DURR KILL ALL JEWS"'? Remember NOD, GLA and the soviets had more fans for many reasons but they never pushed for the killing of a certain small group of people.

If Warner brothers anounced a BFME3, I think i would be worried more than exited.

Attached: 74778ae0b5289fbd31ad194589634f9f.jpg (1600x1194, 415K)

>what would their motivation be
The set up I made had timelines collapse into the post Yuri one. Whether the Nazis did this, or whether it was because of the Allies fucking around with Time travel too much, idk. But they're from a different timeline where they won the war and conquered the world.

These aren't realistic Nazis, these are Star Wars-esque, empirical, evil to be evil Nazis. Their motivation could simply be world domination in this new timeline. Like Yuri, and the Soviets, and JAPAN in RA3. You don't really need a complex story for a Red Alert game desu.

>tfw Third Age D&C spoiled me with its scale
Plus it's still getting updates. Definitely my favourite LOTR strategy experience.

They made homeworld though? If you replaced relic with blizzard's warcraft 3 I'd believe it.

This one.
You can replace with the made up E-100 krokodil

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 211K)

They also made Dawn of War 1. Point is, from Company of Heroes onwards they've been making a push towards small-scale, microintensive gameplay. Good if you like MOBAs, not so much if you prefer traditional RTSs.

>You don't really need a complex story for a Red Alert game desu.
How dare you i agree with you a bit but you also need some valid reasons for why the soviets invade X from Y and the reasons for every mission, i agree with you because GENERALS 2 had a mongol faction in mind but got removed but you can't just have the generic and boring world domination from the 70's that's too lame you should make it something like all the time fuckery is making people from alternate timelines weak like that playstation game with the not-nazies living on a polluted planet.

Attached: Finnish soldier.jpg (480x640, 157K)

Nice try Vlad, but your bumbuddy Stalin and his top general Zhukov said they won the war thanks to US lendlease

Haven't played CoH2 so can't really comment on that but as far as small scale microintense gameplay goes I think Men of War AS2 nails that niche with its damage model, squad splitting and their direct control gimmick. How does CoH2 handle micro?

Was The Lord of the Rings: War of the Ring any good?

Attached: sierra.jpg (314x445, 36K)

Ahhh, I gotcha. I just wanted a tank that was visually unique. As Grizzlys and Rhinos are very distinguished in their silhouettes. I though a Tank without a mounted turret would create a nice shape to look at from the top, with the tank threads sticking out from the front.

You can still call them Panzers or Tigers, but just have a new design based around a unique shape. It could be like the Panzer X or something, idk.

apart from the ones you mentioned

CLOSE COMBAT SERIES WAS GOAT

Bruh there's this game.

Attached: War Front Turning Point.jpg (1024x819, 298K)

Pretty nice
I've been wanting an Asian-style Stronghold, because I know it could have a top-tier aesthetic

Attached: fotosketcher8.jpg (1366x768, 465K)

OpenRA.

Attached: cnc red alert dog.png (80x97, 355)

The micro is similar to DoW2

is that a plane flying at ground level?

Here is that Krokodil I mentioned.
Someone spread the rumor that Germans were planning on making something like it, so some people made kitbashes.
I saw pictures of something that looked like a big jagpnz4 as well

Attached: XLUPaVk.jpg (720x322, 69K)

On the topic of a Red Alert Nazi faction, what if the secret ruler of it was a heavily jaded, "end justifies the means", extremely authoritarian Einstein who realizes that he has to reset history on the right path, no matter what?

AoE2, Brood War, recently I've been playing Frostfunk and it's pretty cool. Been trying out a lot of different RTS games lately. Really wish RTS was a bigger genre than it is right now, it's the best genre in my opinion but it's not popular anymore and I don't get why. High skill ceiling, I guess? My dream game would be a game like Brood War but with more useful units. Zerg for example has mutas that are extremely deadly but all other air units for zerg are either useless or cost-inefficient. RTS has so much potential but in the early 2000s in lost a lot of relevance for various reasons. There's nothing like properly microing units like lings or ambush lurkers to kill an entire bio army. There's nothing like that in other genres

Attached: Frostpunk 2019-06-15 04-32-23-12.png (1920x1200, 2.69M)

There's this thing called an attacker.

I mean, this is never gonna get made, so I didn't give it much thought beyond the set up for it happening. It'd be cool if someone made a mod for it, but modding the RA3 Engine to play like RA2 seems like it'd be way too much work. And animating buildings in RA2 is also more work than anyone is willing to do.

But at least it's cool to dream about the fact that a Nazi faction in RA3 would have been infinitely better than the Japan faction. And, it's not like the Japan faction couldn't have worked, but the implementation was really bad, WAYYY too overboard, and they feel really forced into the conflict if they come in before the Nazis. Japan works better if the Nazis are already a faction. Though I'd rather see Yuri return first, over getting Japan. I just think it's hard to make them work without going overboard with the anime stuff, which defo doesn't work in RA, campy as it might be.

Just stick with the Himmler trope.

>What are your favourite strategy games?
Why are you asking? You think I'm gonna give up the hidden gems I found on my own?
fuck off you'll never get to taste my games

medieval 2 is a terrible strategy/tactics game though
it's only good for LARP

Brood War
WC3
COH1
AoE2

Nothing beats them

never try them myself, take this instead.
youtube.com/watch?v=R9NL6toGGSM

AoE, Age of Mythology, Civ, DoW, Warcraft, and Total War. Lately I have been playing a lot of They Are Billions which I highly recommend. It's tower defense technically but you need to constantly expand through hordes of zombies to gain more resources. No save scumming, you invest 3 hours and lose, it's over.

Einstein vs Einstein?

Would be weird having him as the leader, but the Nazis having a "nega Einstein" kinda thing, is something I can see happening in RA.

>tfw one of the 4 people that plays and likes planetary annihilation
It’s a pretty solid game and the standalone really adds some good shit

Wc2, RA2 and tiberium sun
Next comes sc and wc3

> clicks on Watch/Guard Tower
> Eagle Scream

WTF? lmao

Vanilla medi2 is pretty dull in terms of strategy/tactics since you just mix light/heavy inf and flank with cav for a win but total overhaul mods like D&C, Warhammer BOTET mix things up greatly by expanding rosters, making them more diverse allowing for more strategies based on what faction you play. Also adding more to campaign map.

Why do you think its terrible?

>tfw the ra3 expansion gave the allies and empire epic units but none for the soviets

I want to know what was the thought process behind this.

Attached: mike.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

They are raping eagles inside sitting in a tower all day can lead to extreme boredom and sexual frustration

Ground Control 2. The AI is pretty dumb though.

Wasn't that giant cannon on 4 legs an epic unit? never played RA3.

extremely dull AI on both the campaign and battle map where the AI has to rely on free stacks spawning in as well as extra gold to even appear competitive, bad pathfinding, buggy units like handgunners and broken pikes
you can use the same strategy every time and win every battle in the game

Before the thread dies, post Apoc tanks.

Attached: NOD.jpg (1024x1280, 720K)

Best campaigns in RTS?

Nobody enjoys micromanagement.

I'd say a lot of those points apply to just about every TW game. AI is an issue in every strategy game. As for the other points I agree they're issues but again, vanilla Med 2 issues. I think most of the scripts D&C implements are campaign scripts to trigger certain events and progress the story and a lot of other mods like BOTET have done away with spawning stack scripts all together. Again, I'm defending modded Med 2. Later TW games become much easier which is annoying. I installed Shogun 2 for the first time a few months back and was surprised how easy it was to play the game on hard using same strategies I used in Med 2. A bit upsetting desu since I really enjoy Total War scale, just wish they were a bit more challenging against ai.

World in Conflict
>in b4 not an RTS

fuck you nigger

How about syrian warfare?
>inb4 not an RTS

it's less "cartoony grafix" and more the fact that the devs cannot make a 3d game that feels nice to play or look at and are routinely outdone by teenagers in their bedrooms making shit in unity. TF2/Overwatch/etc look fine because they're made by gamedevs who know what they're doing.
There's also the other issue that firefly haven't made a single good game since Stronghold 2

Attached: caliph absolutely haram.jpg (531x471, 64K)

Soviet are already neutered in the base game, please don't put salt on my wounds.

Warcarft 3 killed RTS games.

The only true strategy games are turn-based, anyway

Age of Empires 2 has got to be my all time favorite. But Star Craft 2: Wings of Liberty is my favorite RTS campaign. Stronghold Crusader also deserves a mention

Attached: 1455213717675.jpg (962x575, 419K)

Nah, starcraft1, despite being overall a good game, is what created the micro craze that killed rts. Wc3 just put the last nail on the coffin with the rpg heroes meme.

I like wc3 desu, just like sc, but these games killed the whole genre eventually.

SC2
The unit movement is so fluent in this game, it's incredible. It's worlds apart from the likes of WC3 or SC:BW. Some serious programming went into making that shit

American conquest & mods forever

Attached: screen389.png (1920x1080, 2.39M)

>rts thread
>didn't devolve into unit quote spam

starcraft doesnt deviate from the formula other rts games set before it
they were never very good, objectively speaking

>Nah, starcraft1, despite being overall a good game, is what created the micro craze that killed rts.
The micro shit is inherent to the genre.

I like AoE III and I can't help it

Attached: screen175.png (1920x1080, 2.42M)

Maybe if the genre became an FP game
youtu.be/tPaF7nEFW_k

First for the most dangerous unit in the genre
youtube.com/watch?v=_qFdxo2EN0M

sounds like someone haven't rubbed their shoes in lotion

I tried to play Frost Punk but my toaster crashes every time I try to use a beacon

Attached: 1453790265630.jpg (500x281, 20K)

One of my newest faves is this porn version of Civ

xxxivilization.com/

it's still being updated and worked on but is pretty much playable
also it's hard because there's alot of bullshit like whenever you lose a battle, you get a stat penalty like your tits get smaller

It's okay. Played it a ton as a kid and loved it. Not enough variety when you return to it. Only 2 factions kinda sucks.

Are they workung on RA2

Blizzard never killed shit, the problem is they've perfected genres to the point where there is no more innovation to be had.
Starcraft did it to RTS
Diablo 2 did it to looters
Wow did it to MMOs.
ALL the other shit that came after, SC2, diablo 3, any fucking mmo... it's all just other people trying to emulate those games and capture those feels. But it won't happen. It's dead Jim.
You zoomer faggots don't even know how fucking good these games were when they came out. Everything in those genres from the past 15 years is shit, complete shit.

Attached: 1351752269182.jpg (500x415, 44K)

>Everything in those genres from the past 15 years is shit, complete shit.
naeh

Savage: The Battle for Newerth tried something like that. Also Command & Conquer: Renegade and its ressurected Renagade X

they haven't perfected shit
because their games don't have sex scenes or battle sex

Attached: ADL2.jpg (2566x1612, 1.1M)

Moatarcycle could be as well an epic unit

>ctrl F aoe 3/aoe III
>1 result

Attached: 1559760093735.jpg (930x960, 69K)

holy fuck this is some prime retardation
>starcraft
it's just an iteration of WC2, which is just an iteration of WC1, which is just an iteration of dune 2. There's barely any innovation between these, just logical and solid developments within the same framework
>diablo 2
looters isn't even a genre, the genre is ARPG and there are hundreds of ARPGs that are miles divorced from Diablo 2

Aoe2
Coh1
Men of war series
Tiberian sun
Cnc3
Cnc1
War wind 2, human onslaught.
Myth
Ancestors legacy
Z
Power monger
Mega-lo-mania
Dark reign
Sacrifice
Battle realms
World in conflict

R8 my taste niggas.

5/10
passing taste

it’s a fun game

Pretty good.
Not sure what the point of getting validation from Yea Forums is though...

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 237K)

it’s because he doesn’t play games anymore and instead seeks to achieve dopamine spikes from anons on Yea Forums

Super robot wars

Why not just post reply worthy bait and harvest those (you)s.

Can someone recommend me an actual "strategy game", not a clickfest build order game. I mean something that allows you to scout your enemy, build defenses if you think you need them, then build an attack force best suited for the mission and use actual strategy to attack and destroy your enemy. Not just select the 100 units you built and mob attack and hope your the last one standing.

>Kohan 2
I heard about this game. What makes it unique?

I usually play with friends when we re high or drunk. None of us are good (compared to players in the tournaments you can find on youtube).
But the beauty of it is that its so flexible!
No air superiority? Sure, get AA units and sams, done!
Dont have enough units? Build defense and turtle for a while with shields and Anti Missile.
Put your factories on infinite unit production, never bother with it again!
Experimental units are fucked tho...The cyclops (or whatever it was called) beats all other ground units by a mile.
Assuming when you play yoy dont just turtle, the game expects players to harass each other as much as possible. Ots truly a game of outsmarting the enemy by doing the unexpected.

As you mentioned, you have troubles with speed? What I did was to play Star Craft 2 ranked for a bit, was close to Gold but never actually got there cause i get rekt in the first few minutes. Play Star craft 2 for a bit, get used to CTR+1 etc, then go back and apply it to Supreme Commander.
I didnt do this on purpose, but i realised after, star craft actually challenges your reaction time quite a lot. It improved my gameplay.

*Nuclear Launch detected*

Men of War

THE actual best game.

I was going to say lol