Rinoa is Ultimecia

Now that the remaster has been announced, it is time to settle this once and for all.

Also, secondarily, FF8 appreciation thread.

Attached: 1554012813719.jpg (1366x768, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

squallsdead.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=4FhZgZftYrw
youtu.be/-Ila5XKt8Wo?t=13
youtube.com/watch?v=CZMWszd5SRk
youtube.com/watch?v=l75zjpDpAWs
youtube.com/watch?v=btHMMDz27hw
youtube.com/watch?v=N-wcX-ptx3E
twitter.com/Dotemu/status/1138723243999801344
youtube.com/watch?v=j3yngLPkA2U
youtu.be/beV56hp4T3w?t=39
youtube.com/watch?v=8JoOpx6VwHk
nexusmods.com/finalfantasy8/mods/1?tab=description
youtu.be/YB30RVWeuP8
sites.google.com/view/moguri-mod/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah and Griever is Squall.

All the sorceresses are the Great Hyne

>giving a fraction of a shit about a game so bad fans have to retell the plot for it to make sense
Say what you want about FF7 being overhyped as shit but at least the story doesn't have plotholes you could fly the Lunatic Pandora through.

Can someone explain this shit?

Attached: FACELESS-SQUALL-LEONHART-squall-leonhart-37702464-500-312.png (500x312, 129K)

Am I the only one who hates that they've decided to go full spike-hair in the remaster? Squall was one of the few characters in the PS1 Final Fantasy games that actually had hair that a normal person might have.

Attached: 1550821301719.jpg (904x882, 218K)

imo this has something to do with the final boss.

The void of morality in a dead nation lead by women where duty takes second place to emotion and feeling.

All I want is a physical version but I know it's not gonna happen

Attached: file.png (1046x744, 930K)

i have spikey hair :(

Prove it

>a normal person
No

Attached: el-asesino-de-la-catana-recuerda-con-frialdad-como-mato-a-su-familia-la-espada-bajo-sola.jpg (1600x900, 120K)

Do you have ANIME spikey hair?

Attached: 1543735569369.png (1208x1911, 2M)

yes my hair is very animish.

>no femsquall
Dropped.

Attached: 1547198399114.jpg (637x960, 148K)

Kitase says it isn't true, neither is Squall being dead which is a theory he liked more than R=U which he thought was really bad which is strange because Dissidia blatantly references the theory.

You know, FF8 actually feels way more like something that could work as a semi-action-based game than FF7. I mean not only was FF8s combat slightly faster than FF7 (excluding GFs which took years), but the weapons were smaller, quicker, and looked more agile than those of FF7.

Overall it just feels like a better fit for a semi-ARPG than FF7 does.

>settle this once and for all.
It was deconfirmed by the creator. Juat like the "squall is dead theory".
You are playing video games. Their stories will usually remain surface level, and crafting convoluded theories isn't going to change that.

Ultimecia mind controlled Riona. That is how she saw things Squall saw.
She had access to Riona's memories.

ff8 was the precursor to these games in a way because of it's realism approach.
It wasn't till 12 they tried the mmo style gameplay.

Am I the only one worried this game's new models are going to look awful on the old 90s backgrounds? Not because the backgrounds are badly made, mind you, but because they're so awfully low-res. The new textures look razor sharp compared to the backgrounds, and unless they're willing to re-draw them there really isn't much they can do about that.

FF8 and 9 will never feel truly remastered thanks to the worlds shittiest asset management by Square for loosing the fucking originals.

I liked FF12s combat. It needed a little more depth though (for example by expanding the party size) but the Zodiac version helped a ton.

Lynchian

I agree. Squall even had """"""""""active""""""""" combat with his attacks doing more damage if you hit R1 at the right time.

They're clearly just going the route of upscaling with some shitty filter. Bilinear it looks like. Which is too bad as the filter looks like absolute shit. There exist some filters out there that could have done a way, WAY, better job with this but SE are too dense to use those.

Attached: 1548224223622.jpg (3782x3790, 1.69M)

>semi-ARPG
wtf are you talking?
let me just tell you in advance, Arpg doesnt mean that the game has no turnbased.

SOUL VS SOULLESS

rinoas hair looks clearly different you idiot. thats not upscaling

I mean, why else would his necklace have that name?
It's possible Squall died and Rinoa went full emo.

I'm talking about the backgrounds.

In fairness, FF7 should really just be called "Final Fantasy 7 Retold" at this point. The game will have a similar plot but with new and changed details. It feels more like a story told by someone else who's remembering events differently than the original.

I don't mean to derail the thread but stretching Midgar into a 30-hour+ segment is going to add quite a bit to an already pretty bloated story. Don't forget that this part originally took 2 hours.

goddamn quistis looks great

she references things from before that

it will be the hobbit trilogy of video games

memmorrryyy

Will it though? If they can drag Midgar out to over 30 hours, then disc one is going to be at least 100 in itself. And even that's probably being conservative. I strongly doubt they are going to be able to fit the first disc of FF7 on 2 discs.

I will kinda give them a little more leeway with disc 2 and 3 because those felt deceptively short in comparison to 1. If they decide to add some stuff and expand a little there I will be more open to it, but everything that happens in disc 1 really doesn't need to be expanded upon IMO. Even as it is events occur pretty slowly on that disc, and now they're going to add MORE filler?

Look, I'm sure I'll be eating my words when the game sells 90 million units or something equally absurd, but I just don't see how much more they can glue on to the main plot and still keep it in-line with the existing plot AND feel interesting at the same time.

Oh look. The theory that was officially shot down.

>Rinoa is Ultimecia

Square debunked that theory in the FF8 Ultimania.

>R=U
based

>Squall is dead
based and redpilled

square is wrong

This. Unironically.

The Great Hyne is the ultimate theory. Hiding in plain sight.
The true antagonist of the setting.

>DEATH OF THE AUTHOR BECAUSE THEY DON'T SUPPORT THIS STUPID THEORY

cry some more

Hyne theory is 190+ IQ territory.

white seeds were the real villains

persecuting qt ultimecia because gotta fight the sorceress

just because your pea-brain can't comprehend the actual story doesn't mean you have to seethe that much

For the life of me, I don't know why people will cling to a theory, despite being told by the creators that they are incorrect.

Ultimecia and Rinoa are two different people.

if they can lose the original textures then they can lose the original story too

What the fuck was the deal with the white SeeD anyway? I thought you had to graduate from a Garden to become SeeD, but these bastards just roll up in their impractical boat and shit up the place.

because they creators are wrong
Rinoa is most definitely Ultimecia

8D chess, brainlett.

>R=U

nice headcanon bro

>For the life of me, I don't know why people will cling to a theory, despite being told by the creators that they are incorrect.

fanboy delusions that they can come up with a better story than the creators.

they were Edea's SeeD but she was a witch. So she needed special SeeD

No.
Also no.

What you simpletons fail to understand is that Square doesn't HAVE the source for FF8 anymore. Literally none of it, the textures, the artwork, and most importantly: the plot. The creator could easily have pulled it right out of his ass to maintain corporate image, fully knowing that there existed no way to verify his shit.

The original plot is fucking gone, and the best clues are what we find in the actual game that acts out that plot before it was lost. And the game shows R=U.

>you simpletons

petty insults aren't helping your arguments.

agreed

Occam's razor it explains away the away Ultimecia's extremely situational use of mind reading and possession as well as her presence in the plot along with Rinoa every other important character was from the orphanage.

I'm confused, by her own admission SeeD were created as a military branch/title to combat the sorceress . And somehow the sorceress herself has a personal squad of these individuals who attain this rank?

How? Why?

didn't the new cgi thing confirmed this theory?
i mean they had U made the exact saem finger gesture as Rinoa.
why else would they include that?

>man who creates story, doesn't add element I like, therefore he is incorrect about the very plot that he himself has created and has established

Shut the fuck up, you twats.

thats the point. Edea made the SeeD but she was a witch. So she can't be around regular SeeD.
She needs special SeeD to keep watch on her and not kill her.

this logic is very common with people nowadays.
>creator wrong

The only, ONLY, thing keeping this failed abortion of a game alive are the fantheories. Square is very careful about adding JUST enough fuel to the fire to keep them vaguely litt.

>Ultimecia posseses Riona gets her memory of the garden dance
>does the finger thing

>So she can't be around regular SeeD.
Then why make fucking SeeD at all?

>She needs special SeeD to keep watch on her and not kill her.
Okay, why? These SeeD were clearly not able to take her down when she went rogue, and clearly didn't have the balls to put a bullet in the time-twisty chick.

I also still fail to understand who trained these people and how they are able to attain official military rank without ever having attained a military institution (although I will admit that is nitpicky).

But it's true.
Just look at the facts.
Ultimecia's mind control is extremely specific. She has a LION pet called Griever, there's simply no explanation for this, she probably junctioned dead GF squall so much she forgot why shw was doing all of this in the first place.(Save Squall)

You know what time it is?
THAT'S RIGHT!
Is Squall dead?
squallsdead.com/

>didn't the new cgi thing confirmed this theory?

that was just a cheap marketing ploy to get people to play Mobius.

to kill witches
to not kill her because she was a good witch. She got possessed.

yeah sure their limit breaks can be viewed that way but I think they will definitely just go the easy way of FFXV

heck Irvine is just a proto-Prompto basically

They are Seed, but as you touched on: they are ruinously incompetent. They don't kill the bitch in space, they don't kill the time-traveling bitch, and they aren't able to kill Edea.

They're not a plot hole they're just shit at their jobs.

Can't do that according to the game itself
>Edea states that, in order to protect her mind (info on Ellone), she surrendered her body or soul (don't remember exactly). So even if she possessed a Sorceress, she couldn't access her mind, however the ones being possessed can access hers instead! Ultimecia does seem to be able to read minds or strong emotions, just not when she possesses someone.

>didn't the new cgi thing confirmed this theory?
Yep, but spergs will still deny it.
youtube.com/watch?v=4FhZgZftYrw

Okay. I want you to listen to me very carefully.

It's one thing if the creator never comes out to confirm or deny something, but YOU DON'T GET TO FUCKING REWRITE A NARRATIVE TO YOUR PERSONAL PLEASURE AND PRESENT IT AS OBJECTIVE FACT, WHEN THE CREATOR OF SAID ORIGNAL NARRATIVE FLAT OUT TELLS YOU NO.

AND IT'S EASY TO SEE ONE AND ONE MAKE TWO TWO AND ONE MAKE THREE

>all these denialists
I will remind you that this image came from Square itself.

Attached: 1552077701275.png (1920x1080, 2.04M)

>HERMIONE IS BLACK
Nope.

>Yep, but spergs will still deny it.

official word from Sqaure will always trump a cheap marketing ploy.

It's a common pose, so what?

Preach it!

the whole point of the SeeD is to defeat Ulti

Just look at Squall's reaction, he knows it too deep down.
cope

See, this is what you don't understand. It's essentially what is trying to say.

The creator has made his work. The second he has, the work is no longer in his control. He no longer has any say in what's canon and what isn't. Now the canon speaks for itself because it is made manifest. The creator gets a say when the canon is being created but not AFTER it is created. The official timeline has been written and no amount of backpedaling can change what the source itself clearly points to: Rinoas is Ultimecia.

absolutely based and redpilled

B A S E D

>He no longer has any say in what's canon and what isn't

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This, completely unironically. FF7's sub-90 IQ fanbase don't understand this principal.

We can all speculate as to why he said what he did, maybe it was just more marketable with Rinoa not being Ulti? Maybe Square told him to say so, knowing that the original plot was gone forever? Maybe he was caught on the spot and just went with what made more sense?

At the end of the day, Hermione is not black, Legolas was never in the Hobbit, and Rinoa was Ultimecia.

ff8 is utter shit

How long do we need to wait until switch release?

>hair that a normal person might have.
"No."

Attached: 1550638843210.jpg (1024x730, 70K)

That's not how the fuck it works, shithead.

>See: Dragon Ball

If the creator wants to address a fan theory and straight up give the answer to something that has never truly been confirmed, then they are free to do so, and not amount of bitching about the matter is going to make the fan theory correct, if that's not what the creator intended you to take from it, whether it be before or after the fact.

Everyone looks good except Squall.

>sub-90 IQ
>principal
huh

Based and facts

F A C T S

>every piece of media works the way Dragon Ball does
Hmmm.

Face it, you're just a little whiny incel crying that his theory was shot down by the fucking CREATOR HIMSELF.

FF8 prequel where we play as Laguna fucking when

based
cringe

>HERMIONE IS BLACK
Black magic!

Attached: pp,550x550.jpg (550x492, 60K)

Man that leak has me excited, but knowing square i dont think itll happen.

we need to go deeper

Attached: I=U.jpg (634x417, 70K)

It never ceases to amaze me how retarded people are. It's blatantly obvious that Ultimecia's focus with her magic is shit like making not real things real like when she turned those statues into real monsters to kill Rinoa.

Griever was NEVER a real GF. He was just a concept that Squall considered to be what a hypothetical "strongest GF" would be like in his mind. She pulled the idea out of his mind and made it real to scare him you fucking drooling retards.

Kill yourselves.

That may not have been the creators intention, but that really doesn't matter as that is not what is reflected in his work. When the work itself serves as evidence to the contrary, the work in question is the purest source. Not the creator. The creator has had his say, and if his say was not what the product reflects, then you can argue that he is a bad creator (sure) but that doesn't make his creation any less canon.

>It's a common pose, so what?
LOL fucking cope harder bitch

Alright let me clear this up for you guys.
I am a Hunterchad(IQ >200), that's right, you may have heard of us before, we are the most intelligent and wise of all posters on this site. Be grateful I've descended down to you peasants to inform you about the truth of the subject at hand.

Rinoa IS Ultimecia.

Attached: 1465674911239.png (769x742, 363K)

Cringebased.

I'm a hardcore fan with FF8, so many times I would even try to escape reality with lucid dreaming, I would be in Balamb Garden where I would often train with Zell in the training center and help Selphie with the Garden Festival, but one day as I was talking to Selphie, we went to my dormitory for a private talk. She immediately said, "You know you could live with us forever.." I gave her a confused look and she continued, "We understand that you live on earth and you REALLY wish to live here". I then said "How..How did you know?" She then giggled and said "Because we've been watching you, silly!"

This was a dream come true and I almost cried right there. She then said, "I talked with Headmaster Cid and he agreed that you would be PERFECT for SeeD, you just have to do...one thing". She then held my hand and looked deep into my eyes and said "...You have to kill yourself for the transfer to work correctly." I then gave her some questions, "How long do I have before the deal expires?" She then said "Cid said 3 months.." I added by saying "What's the most painless way?..." She giggled again, "Suicide will require pain buuut...if you want it quick...Get a gun and a nice shot to the head works.

I then agreed and she gave me a kiss on the forehead, "I know this will be tough but once it's over and done, you'll get to live here!" I then woke up and this was last week and i purchased a gun. I might actually kill myself because that dream just felt too real to be fake and my life isn't doing so grand.

I can't believe we managed over 100 posts without this.

>It's a common pose, so what?
that's some serious cope
pic related are all common poses as well, so clearly they are not connected, right?

Attached: 1560543822322.jpg (755x795, 75K)

Squall died at the end of Disc 1

>Selphie is clumsy
>uses nunchuks.

That's the worst theory of all time, Squall died long before that.

Lol no
He died after getting to know Rinoa

This thread makes me realize that FF8 is the game that should be redone entirely from the ground up. Where FF7 is pretty much just fanpandering (and Sony being desperate for a reason for you to buy the PS5), FF8 actually has a lot of questions unanswered, (R=U) lore unexplored (Hynechad) and areas untouched on (Odin's place, the underwater lab and so on).

FF7 will be an expanded game but FF8 needs one more sorely. The world is brimming with mysteries and unanswered questions.

squall died as well

FF VIII is truly kino

No. He died after talking to her for the first time and realising that a human being with such low iq could exist.

>a fucking FF8 thread
Today is a good day.

Let us post some of that high-tier music boys:
youtu.be/-Ila5XKt8Wo?t=13

The entire plot could use a do over.

God I hate Squall. Just fuck Quistis already jesus christ

what leak

I have, believe it or not, never actually seen that entire opening. Final Fantasy 8 was ahead of it's time.

I really do like 8s boss theme
youtube.com/watch?v=CZMWszd5SRk

It's listed on Gamefly and the only list retail releases

Attached: Untitled.png (727x653, 177K)

>youtube.com/watch?v=l75zjpDpAWs
Psychedelic af.

They are getting the FFX-HD treatment I see. Fuck SquareEnix. They turn everything into KingdomHearts looking puppets. Sad.

fuuuuuuuuuuuck
plsberealplsberealplsberealplsberealplsberealplsberealplsberealplsberealplsberealplsberealplsberealplsbereal

based taste

can't wait for the "remastered" music

they already confirmed its using PSX music

>youtube.com/watch?v=btHMMDz27hw
>"Tonight, in shocking news, we see a man in white allegedly break out of Balamb Garden' and make an attempt at kidnapping the president of Galbadia!"

So, Laguna was Sgualls dad, right?

Gamefly, an online phycial game rental store, has a page up for ffviii.

You bet.

youtube.com/watch?v=N-wcX-ptx3E

Source?

Attached: expressing feelings.jpg (600x420, 63K)

Who was his mom? Raine?

>"Imma junction white bitches to my body."

Attached: 1548043474525.jpg (640x447, 43K)

twitter.com/Dotemu/status/1138723243999801344

Yes.

Nice. Thanks.
>that one fag asking why not remastered
Bitch

>Sex: Female
Was this the first trans character in Final Fantasy?

Attached: 1555928032830.png (1042x1920, 1.29M)

How does the remaster compares to the HD mod pack on PC?

Also, FFVIII remake when?
I can definitively stop video games after that (and a MGS Remake).

Dis is one of the only non MMO FFs I haven't played. Are the memes about the draw system and Triple Triad as bad as they say?

Attached: FF6 - Shadow-Interceptor.jpg (736x719, 92K)

triple triad is lit
drawing is for idiots who don't play triple triad

The characters will be better but the world will probably be worse.

See the characters models are redone entirely from the ground up, as well as their textures, but those beautiful hand-drawn textures can never be recovered. Fans have done an admirable job with the Waifu2x filter to upscale the backgrounds but it will always pale in comparison to what could have been.

I never finished ff8 and I've played it thrice already.
>played it when I was a kid, didn't understand at first but really liked squall.
>played it again when I got older but didn't finish it because memory card got corrupted
>just to a few years, decided to finish it this time but lost interest halfway through

Playing it again now wasn't as magical as playing it when I was a kid. I'll just hold on to my fond memories of balamb garden and fisherman's horizon.

triple triad is the best mini game in history

you only need to draw until you get the ability to turn triple triad cards into magic (you get this using the very first summon you get), then you just use that

Ffviii is so painfully lame that every fan theory is better than canon

Mods will fix it

I'll give ffviiI that, triple triad rules. disc one lionheart is one of my favorite game runs

It depends on interpretation. The characters will be higher poly in the remaster, but everything else will probably look worse and might even stray further from canon (see Squall's hair).

Attached: 1529614868862.png (1920x1080, 966K)

MODS WILL FIX EVERYTHING

The writers said it wasnt true but i still think it makes for a better story

>Squall's parents are Raine and Laguna
>Rain in a lagoon is called a "squall"
The highest IQ game that was ever made.

literally confirned to be alive

lmao okay kid

>squall meets rinoa
>"WHERE'S SEIFER"
>"uh..."
>"I WANT SEIFER THE REAL SEED TO SAVE US"
>"...."
>"SEIFER SEIFER SEIFER"
>Squall gets stuck by Edea's icicle
>suddenly
>"I LOVE YOU SQUALL"
get it through ya head kid

FUCK

Attached: 1544902374194.jpg (863x1300, 76K)

Imagine liking any non FF7 Final Fantasy game.

Ff8 is the thinking man final fantasy

Wrong. Him being alive is more of a theory desu senpai.

What are the chances for a mod to get non-retarded hair on Squall?

>Seifer

Attached: kaz.jpg (500x540, 161K)

What was his problem?

Attached: 1546058429146.jpg (1007x794, 122K)

>every time you fight Seifer his clothes are more tattered and beaten up as he slowly goes insane with spite and envy
holy fuck this game is Kino

Attached: 79-FFVIII_22178.jpg (640x480, 48K)

Also the game going out of its way to address Squall's wound from the ice projectile being gone and then never addressing it again

If it uses Unity like FF 9 - 100%
KH2 Squall hair with some adjustments will do fine

Attached: Image174-950x534[1].jpg (950x534, 38K)

>FF VIII is a dying incel's power fantasy dream

w..whoa

Mommy edea needs a HD remake...

Its wrong and has been stated as wrong multiple times by the developers.

Because Ultimecia drew out the embodiment of Squall's perception of strength and forced him to face it. He had symbolically overcome his lonewolf persona with the help of his friends.

When you attach stupid nonsense where it doesn't belong like R=U and Squall is Dead you lose the context of what the game is trying to actually say, you fucking retards.

Attached: squalltoodeepforyou.jpg (640x480, 48K)

> You want to recruit HIM!

it's pretty much true desu

the chad seifer bullies the virgin squall so much that Squall has incel rage and tries to assassinate the leader of the country

>another denialfag
you people never learn do you

>"Rinoa...... Even if you end up as the world's enemy, I'll... I'll be your knight."

Attached: 1537359705860.jpg (487x1273, 89K)

I can't get over how good Quistis looks.

*rinoa wakes up*
>...she really talks a lot, huh...

Attached: squall (2).jpg (709x462, 187K)

Yes. That's the only game I wish they remade. No matter how bonkers and broken, it has a special place in my heart for being one of my first JRPGs and it could actually be done better.

We need to start a campaign or some shit.

Still no glasses though

MODS WILL FIX IT

>Literally one of those boring "The character went asleep/unconious at X point in the story, soooo... EVERYTHING BEYOND THAT WAS A DREAM!" theories

You know those aren't allowed in almost any fantheory discussion anymore? Because of how incredibly dull they are.

JK never said Hermione was black, she said that she could have been and that her race was unspecified.

Is this real life?

Attached: 1479792864518.jpg (1654x2126, 568K)

It was a joke from my side, and I'm surprised how long that site has been active let alone being updated.

SHITTING ON THE FLOOR

SO FUCKING KINO

Attached: 21-FFVIII_16179.jpg (640x480, 90K)

The problem is that these theories are infinity easy to shit out. You can almost take any character from any show/movie/game/book and concluded that they died somewhere along the way and that everything from there on is a dream/hallucination.

Even theories that do it somewhat well (like squallsdead) get overshadowed by the fact that you can just as easily argue that Zidane died after the ship crashed into the forrest in FF9 or that Cloud didn't survive the fall off the reactor in FF7. It's just very very low-hanging fruit.

It's incredible that people can't seem to understand this.

Quistis > Rinoa

But, Squall is a bit of a masoquist, with low self steem and a sucker for rules, so:

>Quisits = already in love, serious, and his teacher
>Rinoa = more distant, a dumbass, no rules attached, and needs help/saving which boosts his selfsteem

So of course he fell for the less mature girl.

Attached: 1485320391009.png (517x396, 273K)

LOL! And Ash was in a coma for all of Pokemon! LOL! LMFAO! LOLLLLLLLL!

Can you blame him?
He can always get that guilty fuck from her any time?

The issue is that FF8 is badly written with a story that either barely, or just doesn't make sense. It's not worth going back to.

>pimpteam

my nigga

The most BREAKING NEWS of all battle music.

>He had symbolically overcome his lonewolf persona with the help of his friends.

All these years and such simple concepts elude so many people.

It is NEVER ADDRESSED how a tiny pile of flowers managed to break Cloud's fall after the first Avalance mission.

Cloud is dead. There's no arguing it.

I want my scifi military school bro quest fix

Attached: maxresdefault[10].jpg (1280x720, 216K)

youtube.com/watch?v=j3yngLPkA2U
Kinography

>removing fucking based Seifer
Squallcel confirmed.

Now I want to replay 8. Thanks for nothing, Yea Forums.

You are so fucking retarded, holy shit.

It's metaphor, Clouds is falling down a deep dark hole but Aeris' light saves him.
Brainlet.
Squall is still dead

>you will never have an RTS-moving-bases-with-melee-and-ranged-combat Garden game
Why fucking live?

>Remaster
>Looks the same

Jesus Christ Galabadia is a way more advanced Garden than Balamb is in terms of weaponry.

Hot take
FFVIII is shit

>Rinoa
>more distant
Nigger are you serious? Rinoa's the one that pursues him. Quistis hides her feelings for him. Rinoa wins Squall because she's the one that works on opening him up while Quistis just watches it unfold.

how is this hot? its like the redheaded stepchild of that era of the series now

Just proves his point that Squall is a beta

DUDE HOT DOGS

The gameplay and story are shit. The world is great.

Based and dogpilled.

Sure, but when Quistis confessed Rinoa was just teasing Squall. It's not the same as confessing, having a real interest. Girls irl will act just like Rinoa but have no real interest in you. It only becomes real farther into the game when they start developing an actual sorceress/knight relationship.

>Girls irl will act just like Rinoa but have no real interest in you

Attached: 1536470836242.jpg (852x480, 19K)

NEVER EVER addressed how he survived by falling into a pile of flowers.

Cloud is Dead. And you're the brainlet.

> Implying toths never tease you for your attention and money but stay the hell away from your dick.

In FF5, after the halfway point of the game. Your characters all go to sleep and some time passes.

It's never, ever, ever addressed that the rest of the game isn't just a dream. Galuf didn't actually die, and the final boss wasn't a tree. It's a dream. It's a fucking dream. It was all a dream.

Bartz is dead.

Yup

lay off on the reddit spacing brainlet
Squall ded bro

>picking freshly Used goods Rinoa over Quistis

Attached: E04A67E2-3531-4E57-B88D-1F593BC3E409.gif (250x325, 1.97M)

You mean it's just fiction? Doesn't make it any different. Rinoa just teases in the beggining because she notices Squall is timid and faking bravado, and she wants to open him up. I had that happen to me when a teen, too, it's normal for outgoing girls to act like that around shy guys. Then later on they develop an actual teen romance after going through several moments together. That one didn't happen to me
Makes sense.

Rinoa/Ulimecia cannot see Squalls face, because it' s been so long she can' t remember.

You know he died a long time ago and she is eternal.

How do you loose your own source codes?

Cloud is a mutant and doesn't count

Pretty ruinous incompetence, mostly but it was also literally a different time. You gotta remember that FF8 came out in 1999. The concept of remakes, remasters and re-doings wasn't a thing yet. The only option a video game company had was to go forward and hope their future games would bring future successes.

Storage space was also much smaller back then and saving all this crap for a 4-disc big game was just not something Square thought to do. It probably sounded like a needless cost to the board that would hurt their bottom line.

By being Square.

People like to say the Enix merge killed the company, but I'm pretty sure they were dumbasses way before that.

This looks fucking awful. The art design is much better on the ps1. The hair looks like hair. It shines and has strands

God why does nobody know how to do anything any more

*does nothing wrong in your path*

Attached: Seifer_Alamasy.jpg (573x400, 151K)

THIS so much.

Works of art are works of art. The author/creator is a just a tool. Art stands for itself.

True, but still. That didn't happen with 7 or 9, did it? They just goofed, probably.

This posts reminds me of cursing this lifetime as I'm dying for never giving me the chance of having a normal life

Fuck you faggo life doesnt work the same for everybody

"Hermiones white face appeared between the trees."

Spirits Within and mismanagement ruined them financially but Enix was basically insult to injury

>That didn't happen with 7 or 9, did it?
No, it did. All the artwork, all the source code and all the assets were deleted for all the PS1 games.

Why do you think FF7 warranted a full remake and all these remasters just look like model-hacks? It's because all those beautifully drawn backgrounds and code is gone forever.

>Ends up being the biggest romantic loser of the bunch, going to the lenghts of destroying the world for his romantic fantasy.

A reverse chad.

>still gets to laugh in the end

Literally "Yeah...Sorry" tier

If he were a real chad he would have taken it even farther.

Attached: Lezard Valeth.jpg (300x400, 25K)

Why do you keep posting this you autist

Both theories were debunked by Square

Literally post one other time I've posted this. I'll wait.

>Seifer "Aryan Cleansing" Alamasy
Fuck of nazi.

Attached: 1537587938891.jpg (968x1050, 288K)

No. She is not. Ultimecia only knows about Griever because she used the Ellone machine and was inside of Rinoa at that time.

Don't know why you quoted my post, I'm a full grown man that never dated for real and the only reason I'm not a virgin is because I fucked whores. Girls teased me and that was it, I could never capitalize. Had to live with actual social phobia and depression through all of my teens and by the time I got a bit better, I was an adult with no confidence and experience. I'm lonely and also unemployed.

Feeling better?

I didn't even realise you could see Selphie's panties, moving the camera when you Scan her didn't let you IIRC

>Created the perfect body for his waifu.
>Committed atrocities just so he could summon her.
>Even gave her Mystina.
Lezard Valeth is a pretty swell dude.

Why do people act like FF8 is the only one that got lost, though?

...whatever

Because FF8 is the one that is the least likely to get the full FF7R-remake, so for most it is the biggest loss.

Squall was baded on this guy here.

Attached: 25bac4e8c5bed520c2d0f138437f4408.jpg (1000x1520, 409K)

They're dildos.

You have only played the first game right?

I realized that immediately. I was around 13. Could never miss it.

>This looks fucking awful.
We're reaching contrarian levels that shouldn't be possible.

And yet at the end Seifer is really happy.

>Loves trains.

I wouldn't mind a train autist waifu.

Oh I know what he does in 2.
But he was completely justified in that

Just some similar crying person then

Too bad he wasn't recycled in FFXV

Attached: 3euai67a75321.png (1028x1076, 957K)

based and redpilled
the best part is he wins in the secret ending

FF8 wasn't a moralist game, the only thing it "preached" was "having friends is good", but it wasn't as bad as Naruto et al. So I'm OK with it.

What secret ending? The one where he doesn't lose his soul and gets reincarnated?

yes

What a mess of a project and development. Fabula Nova Cristalis is honestly one of the biggest fuck ups I've ever seen as a whole, Square is probably glad they survived it at all.

Attached: 75429052.jpg (410x472, 37K)

>"Safay Roth"
Not exactly subtle.

I still want to see the original FF versus XIII
the FFXIII and XV we got were both shit

At least LR was good.

End existence.

That boat has sailed for me. I feel is more likely Versus XIII would have been a Nomura's KH tier cringe fest, full of DARKNESS and edgy/emo shit. Judging from all the material released.

Considering at one point it was supposed to be Valkyrie Profile 3.
I believe you

It set me free to know that basically Versus XIII was the Final Fantasy version of the movie Romeo + Juliet with Dicaprio

>youtu.be/beV56hp4T3w?t=39
>youtube.com/watch?v=8JoOpx6VwHk

Final Fantasy doesn't need a remake, remaster or re-fucking-anything. We need a trailer or two of FF16. I'm so fucking tired of Square spending 12+ years developing every fucking game, and then another 3-6 milking said game.

Fuck, at time of writing it has been 3 years since FF15 released and we haven't even seen a fucking logo for FF16. Fuck Square Enix and fuck you plebs for buying their soulless cash-grab remakes and remasters.

>The man who became the most powerful being in existence simply because he wanted his waifu now gets to grow up with her
It's the most redpilled ending of any game ever.

I can't remember but do you unlock Seraphic Gate after beating Lezard or before going to face Lezard? I remember ever grinding the everliving shit out of it and killed Lezard with 2 Firestorms.

KH3 was a wake up call to the shitstorm that would be Versus XIII.

I wouldn't even be surprised if the Dawn of the Future novel was the original plot since it sounds so much like FNC, just needing to replace Bahamut with Bhunivelze and Luna/Stella becoming Etro.

I too would prefer a new game.

But lets be real, the reason Square is remaking FF7 is because their brand is damaged and they want to get back into people's graces. And they also need the money. Faith in a new title would be really low by this point, and FF7 is the big darling, much safer.

Kitase already said it's a nonsense theory.

Attached: 1558955220816.jpg (525x525, 62K)

I'm not sure i remember it being NG+ only but I may be wrong

>we haven't even seen a fucking logo for FF16
Everyone is working on FF7.

>they also need the money
Judging by how they're struggling with it, I'd be surprised if it makes that much money desu. I honestly get the feeling Squeenix don't know how to budget.

Daily reminder that Square ENIX wre incompetent.

Squaresoft made 7, 8 and 9 in 3 years total.

>wanting more FF after 12 13 15

Attached: uwot.jpg (1080x603, 107K)

>La Gu Na is Ragna
>They drive Ragnarok
What did they mean by this.
>In Spanish they changed Ragnarok to Lagunamov.

Rinoa is Ultimate CUTE

Attached: 1560522387325.jpg (960x1200, 158K)

>the writer couldn't POSSIBLY play his own game and remember his intentions with the plot
Holy fuck i thought zoomers are physically incapable of playing anything older than 5 weeks but who knew they thought that you LITERALLY can not play old games.
this is just getting silly.

Attached: 1526791992645.png (673x680, 598K)

>I honestly get the feeling Squeenix don't know how to budget.

They suck at management, that's all that is. They can't develop anymore.

>FFXII had troubled development.
>FFXIII/Vs.XIII/Fabula Nova Cristalis project was a mess and huge waste of resources
>FFXIV had to be remade and re-launched
>FFXV is just a patchwork of leftovers from the FNC mess

If FF7Remake is nothing more than decent, that'll be amazing in itself.

Everything is a dream
Just look at XIV, they have fucking flying potatoes
FLYING POTATOES!

Attached: kamui.png (1158x894, 1.85M)

Why not use AI upscaling on the backgrounds like with FF7?

Attached: ff7 remako.jpg (1280x1778, 491K)

Seifer is based for killing Odin, he was trying to warn us about the future and lightning being shit

Seifer's little semen siren is not cute.

Because that would require them to run it through the Waifu2x filte (or "filterofyourchoicehere") and that would take worktime and manhours Square isn't willing to pay for.

Play pc version with AngelWing mod also neural network backgrounds ARE COMING check this nexusmods.com/finalfantasy8/mods/1?tab=description

Attached: Webp.net-gifmaker.gif (1333x750, 1.06M)

Rose-tinted glasses.

FF8 is considered as bad of a project as any recent SE game.

Many people disliked FF9 and FFX.

Critiscism comes from way before Enix.

>left-over FF7 designs

hahaha losers

Attached: Fujin-Raijin-Battle-FFVIII.png (1440x972, 1.6M)

The roof and ceilings of the church broke the fall more and the flower bed was the last thing saving Cloud. Cloud also had himself experminted by Hojo after Nibelheim incident so his longevity was greater than normal human

t. Homo faggot

preorder cancelled

Attached: 15606113434650[1].png (1288x1843, 2.57M)

I don't like that the Remaster has a different hair style than the CG and old models. It looks more generic now.

I personally really like the Squall is dead and Rhinoa is Ultimecia angle, it is cooler, makes more sense and I couldn't give a fuck what the devs say. The game literally is 20x better if you believe this and nothing in-game contradicts it.

>super solider
>dead from baby drop

pffffffffffffffffffffff

I saw Selphie's panties in the remaster trailer. M ypenis researched it.

Agree. It's suppose to feel more accurate given the source material, but it sure as all hell doesn't feel like it.

imagine if ff8 was a mmo how cool would that be.

>Changed Zells gloves from red to black like they did with Tifa
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH SQUARE

Attached: 312415412.gif (480x228, 1.32M)

It's not the same weapon dumbass.

Attached: pl-16.jpg (954x666, 89K)

Are you guys ready for the censorship of the 'definitive' version of Final Fantasy VIII? They already censored her underwear in the HD remasters of Kingdom Hearts. it's inevitable.

Found the newfag

Is the remaster just the PC version with updated models, and everything else blurred to hell and back? Seems lazy af.

excellent bait

>Safay Roth
why is SE so self-indulgent like this?

>waifu2x
>AI upscaling
>man/hours consuming
based retard, you should get a job at Square

It's always like that isn't it? At least people will mod all 2d graphics in a couple of years same as ff9

Attached: 1.jpg (1199x1432, 573K)

That picture is just sad.

But seriously, wtf was that ending if Squall wasn't dead?

I remember thinking there had to be multiple ones, and I just got the bad one because I dicked around in the overworld too long/solo'd the last boss with just Squall, rest of the party being cherub'd away. Which made sense to me why he died alone.

Why was this ost so comfy bros
20 years later and i still often have songs from it in my head.
youtu.be/YB30RVWeuP8

Is that an AI reconstruction?

Attached: FFVIIIRemastered-Trailer-Selphie-Pantsu-2.jpg (1440x776, 83K)

yep
sites.google.com/view/moguri-mod/

>FF7 gets multiple releases, new games, a remake, milked dry
>We will never get Laguna adventures with comfy music, theater plays and Julia songs

Why keep going?

fuck this give me my Sephiroth spin off game already instead of this remake shit you fucking wankers

I do and it even curves on the end like that when it's long and I have it split. I fucking hate it. I just want straight long hair.

I'm actually surprised everyone doesn't look like an asian faggot now.

What are the chances of a re-translation? Since this is a remaster, it will probably cost upward of $39.99 (the psychical is already priced at $49.99) cause Square had to redo the whole thing, so it kinda makes sense from them to go the extra mile and relocalize the game, right?

Attached: 1517721335874.jpg (610x471, 74K)

TRAIN TRAIN TAKE US AWAY

TRAIN TRAIN FAR AWAY

Do you really think FF7 needs even more fan-fiction and compilations?

Be patient.
It will be our turn after FFVII Remake.

They will have the engine and the experience.

Get rid of all the 'whatever' and the game loses its soul.

yes