What's the point of releasing Bloodstained (or any other Metroidvania) when Hollow Knight perfected the genre a couple...

What's the point of releasing Bloodstained (or any other Metroidvania) when Hollow Knight perfected the genre a couple years ago?

Attached: 15f729630864.jpg (700x921, 272K)

Feels like groundhog day here.
Same bait every day.

>game perfected the genre so there shouldnt be anymore games in that genre

Attached: 1558982917330.png (398x376, 193K)

>perfected
>there is literally a single boss that can't be quickkilled by anyone with room temp+ iq by spamming down attack bounces
>this single (that's right, just one) boss is an otherwise pathetically easy side boss near the start of the game

Super Metroid perfected the genre 25 years ago.
Linear action platformers like Mega Man and Classicvania are better anyway.

>doesn’t know the difference between shovel knight and hollow Knight
>insults other people’s iq

Hollow knight is some hot pretentious garbage. I regret my purchase.

that's hollow knight
did you never try to down attack in it?
are you retarded?

Hollow Knight is zoomercore, I massively cringe everytime it's brought up in conversation.

I wouldn’t go that far, but I would say it’s greatly overrated. I appreciate what it was doing but I was just bored with it completely like 6 hours in and I like metroidvanias but hollow knight just wasn’t that engaging as one

I fucking love Hollow Knight, but why do you keep making these threads?
Also they aren't even the same. Hollow Knight is a genuine Metroid-like. You won't find any Castlevania influences in its mechanics. Bloodstained however is like the Metroidvania Castlevanias and it's great.

>when Hollow Knight perfected the genre a couple years ago
They're about to one-up themselves though

Attached: dziwz5bvsaaek8s.png (506x600, 348K)

Hollow Knight is too floaty. Great levels, but didn't care much about the combat.

what do you guys think of Shovel Knight in comparison?

lol super Metroid is even the best game in its series

Yes, and?

HK is fun for the first few parts but eventually it becomes a bit of a slog. i hear alot of people praising it more for its lore than its gameplay but ive read too much shonen manga to think anything HK does with its plot is groundbreaking. the purposely vague details and circumstances of important plot points make people think the story is more profound than it really is.
not my cup of tea but i can easily see why people are so enthralled by it. 8/10

I don't play indie games

Bunch of self righteous fucks think they can singlehandedly make a good game when the hardworking pro game devs struggle every day. Fucking pretentious pieces of shit.

just because you work hard doesnt mean you did a good job. triple a devs pump out garbage like fifa and anthem every year with no end in sight, people are going to turn to alternative sources

It's not a bad game, but I severly disliked the aesthetics, the story that took itself too seriously and the lackluster soundtrack.

Reminder that Hollow Knight is $15 and is still more polished and complete than the vast majority of full priced games.

$5 has been deposited into your account.

A PAINTING OF THE SOUL

Attached: PoR_OST_Poster_Brauner.JPG.jpg (565x574, 58K)

>i hear alot of people praising it more for its lore than its gameplay but ive read too much shonen manga to think anything HK does with its plot is groundbreaking.
It's not groundbreaking but I'd consider it well written. Comparing video game stories to other mediums is kind of unfair imo, because there's things you can do with the medium that you can't with others.
Also there's the fact that even indie Devs realize very few people actually care about story in video games. There's a quote from a story writer from a game, I can't remember which, but it goes along the lines of "we spend months writing a novel so the players can tear out the pages and make paper airplanes."
That's why writers in the medium focus more on how the story is presented, rather than the story itself.

Fusion is the best Metroid.

Do not @ me.

Come on bro. Us Hollow niggas are just chilling.

Why you gotta keep with the falseflagging? At least like use Silksong or something for more relevant bait.

>"That game you like?.it's shit. Like, absolute garbage. Play Hollow Knight instead"
That's why I'll never bother with HK. Same with the Gravity Rush duology or Cowboy Bebop.

>Ingnoring an actual good game because people are shitmongers
You must be 18 or old to post on here.

yes the story is presented well but i dont think the fanboys do it justice when they fawn over it like its some mindblowing advancement of the medium on the level of shakespeare.
thats not to say the lore is bad, i quite like it, but it is to say theres a vocal contingement giving it too much credit

>Fusion is the best Metroid.
>Do not @ me.
You're not wrong

perfected the genre by making it boring af

>Rick and Morty
>Black Mirror
>Game of Thrones
>Undertale
Shit things attract shit fans.

Metroidvania a shit, muh non-linearity is a shit meme

The best metroidvanias have clear and linear progression.

Super Metroid is pure trash. It’s probably the easiest and most poorly designed Metroidvania after SOTN.

Not being contrarian, Suoer Metroid and SOTN are completely unbalanced and broken and everybody knows it.

youre just assmad because sans is in

Almost no secret rooms, no secret weapons and equipment in Hollow Knight really bummed me, And the game became a slot halfway through.

This. Order of Ecclesia is linear and it’s better than the likes of SM and SoTN.

>hollow shit
SotN superior

Because Hollow Knight is shit, plays like shit, feels like shit, has a shitty map and looks like a flash game you could play for free on newgrounds some years ago. Thank you Gaben for the refund button

>1 damage: the game
>superior to anything

>Order of Ecclesia
"muh nopan waifu" is not a good reason as to why a game is better than any other

>Super Metroid for zoomers
>somehow considered Metroidvania

The only reason Metroid even has fans is waifufaggotry.

hollowknight is pretty shit, bloodstained looks decent enough that I'm willing to drop the money for it on day one.

>Super Metroid for zoomers
That game came out in 2005.

I heard the PC port is gonna have mod support so someone is gonna mod in big bouncy anime titties. Hollow Knigger doesn't have big bouncy anime titties.

Do you even know what nopan means?

Super Metroid is already for zoomers. Adults were too busy playing CV4.

>not preferring a nice insect cloaca
take a peep at this fag over here

They are bouncy already. Been that way in the demo.

I wish I had standards this low. Vidya would be easier to enjoy.

Because people are getting their hands on the game and are really enjoying it, so they can't use the MN9 TORtanic angle anymore.

Based Brauner poster.

why do 30 year olds act like theyre 12 on here
leave

Why does everyone fellate hollow knight's dick so much? It is nothing new, name one mechanic that is new to the genre.

Im glad they made Mario Galaxy even though Mario 64 exists. This isnt a zero sum situation faggot.

It's bait friend. HK was the most popular metroidvania in recent years so it's perfect to rile Yea Forums up with.

We can go bouncier.

And just like every other memegame you Yea Forumstards shill non stop as the goatest of all time. It didn't deliver.
>shovel knight
>papers please
>dusk
>broforce
>rabi ribi
Funny how they're all indies, maybe shilling on Yea Forums is all their budget can afford.

Really need to find a way to filter every hot new memegame on this dump, if i didn't pick up a game expecting it to blow my pants off i would enjoy it more.

Fuck you Rabi-Ribi is actually good.

It's less that there's new and more of the fact that its a really good bargain, $15 for a very large amount of quality content, which was (and still is) rare in 2017

>dissing broforce
back to resetera with ye

Eternal reminder that Rondo of Blood is better than Symphony of the Night

>if i didn't pick up a game expecting it to blow my pants off i would enjoy it more
I kind of agree. I could've enjoyed Hollow Knight somewhat if people didn't hype it up like this FUCKING MASTERPIECE. What I actually got was so incredibly disappointing after all the insane fan feedback that I just dropped that game in disgust eventually.

Most Metroidvanias actually fail to realise what made Super Metroid good, they just think the games are about backtracking when Super Metroid actually has quite a streamlined path throughout the game for the most part.

You don't need to bait people anymore with Hollow Knight so that the threads stay alive you fucking retard. Game is almost out. People will naturally want to talk about it.

True, but they’re not even the same genre. Metroidvanias are backtracking ridden trash.

But Super Metroid is one of the worst games of its own franchise.