Buy games on disc whenever possible because it means I can sell them if I get bored of them

>Buy games on disc whenever possible because it means I can sell them if I get bored of them
>Never sold a game in my life, games clutter up my home
>Lose the convenience of having games on my drive ready to go and not having to get up to change the disc
I am going to buy my next game on PSN if I can't find disc copy cheaper.
Give me one good reason not to.
My internet is unlimited and fast.

Attached: 197152462725.jpg (800x804, 76K)

So you can pass on your legacy to your children, console online service never lasted after the console stop production. e.g: PSP online store

Legacy of being a fat fuck with no friends

>year 2030
>here son a game
>kid puts in disc
>50 terabyte update

Attached: 1490287483966.png (243x190, 5K)

>I want to leave my kids a crippling, self-destructive addiction
Great job

>year 2030
>here son, a PS4
>"where's the game?"
>You can download it on... oh..

>your children
*Kid this is a game from when i was a kid myself, you just have to insert the cd....
*Dad i played the remaster and the remake in 4k graphics, you are boring and dull thats why mom left you.

That would imply you also a have a crippling, self-destructive addiction

First of all that's turbo autistic.

Second of all even if he wanted to do that modern games need Gigabytes of patches to get in a decent shape.

>That's not true, I never connect my PS4 to the internet and I dont have any problems!

I dont believe you.

>remake
>better than original
I would disowned him right there

This is why I've been a digital chad since the advent of steam

Attached: preordered.png (124x264, 40K)

are you retarded? all PS4 games can be played without patches or online for single player game

> year 2050
> give grandkids Switch and ganes
> they put in cartridges
> no issues playing any game whatsoever

Most of physical media perks are meme and more of nostalgic notion, same as books. Sure, it's cool to have something tangible to sit in your bookshelf and entertain your eye, but when it comes to convenience digital reigns.
I bought all my PS3 games in physical, went fully digital with PS4 and never will look back.

lmao being all 'someday, my son, all this will be yours' and the overhead lights flicker on, illuminating a warehouse-like row of dusty plastic cases

lmao at the only thing that could make you cool to an infant would be 'owns many video games'

>year 2050
>here son a nintendo switch
>but dad nintendo only makes platformers and party games i told you i want a PC so i can play everything
>dad feels proud of his son

>year 2040
>Son, I want you to have these discs. My favorite games back when I was your age.
>Uh, dad, it says data corrupted
>Oh shit
>I think this console is bricked, when did you last turn it on?
>... see if they are on Cloud?
>Cloud it is

Damn right I do
And you do too nigger

in the grim climate-change-ravaged hellscape of 2040, after the world's supply of arable land was exhausted and the water table inexorably polluted, the only barter currency was spiky leather jackets and Sonic 2 cartridges

>>Lose the convenience of having games on my drive ready to go
with how big games and their patches are these days unless you have a Petabyte HDD you'll only have enough space for a handful of games at a time.

Attached: 785467.jpg (1252x704, 123K)

>year 2066
>show your grandson your Switch
>grandson is hooked up to the Googlesoft Sonytendo MindDrive and cannot hear, see, or otherwise
register your presence
>it doesn't even have any fucking exclusives

OP here, its kinda true - but the patches are somewhat needed to have a good time. People with hacked PS4's (running older firmware) had a few issues playing God of War because they had no access to patches. I think the PS4 modding community converted the newer patches to the earlier firmware but I can't remember. The game was apparently buggy, but still playable.
Also not that it matters because it's an online game, but Anthem bricked several PS4's because the console firmware was out of date. It's cool you don't need to update your PS4 for anything (even online), but there comes a very small risk of breaking your console if a game is so poorly made it destroys consoles that don't have the latest software.
Most games still do work on the hacked PS4's that haven't been updated since 2016 though, so that's cool. Also consider the fact some unlucky people can't afford internet and a game console at the same time. There are also people whose parents don't let them play online due to being overprotective or not having enough data. My christianfag cousin had an xbox 360 and I asked him how he keeps it up to date. He said that sometimes when he got a new game it installed an update before playing. This obviously came with the disc, because nothing would make his parents give the WiFi password. Not even god himself.

Nice.
This actually pisses me off, so much.
You don't even know.
Do you know what it's like to have a 500GB PS4 in current year?
I'm not that poor but I can't justify spending the money when I could get an SSD for my computer, or if I'm gonna upgrade I might as well get a Pro.
But the PS5 is on it's way and that's gonna be backwards compatible.
Fuck me mate. Fuck me.

Attached: 943C372084B84E78B014561963BB01A5.jpg (960x935, 72K)

I was born physical and I will die physical.
When I'm old and decrepit I'll be harassing the nurses/nursebots to switch cartridges and discs in my consoles.

>oops user! sorry but the disc snapped in half while i tried to put it in! Do you want me to try another?
Nursing home ladies do passive aggressive shit to make your life hell if you don't treat them with respect and bother them as little as possible. Better get some ROMs and go digital, buddy. Or hope its robots, yeah - or just die an early death.

>pirate every game I own to an external hard drive
>even if Steam and GOG disappear tomorrow I essentially lose nothing