Whats the best FF and why is it 6?

Whats the best FF and why is it 6?

Attached: 180302-how-ff6-spot2.png (768x672, 24K)

because someone is the best villain and it is kefka

but only sprite kefka, the remakes cgi was garbage

I played a few hours into the game until the bit where we ride that raft. Every fight has just been attack until enemies dead, What's so good about it?

6,7 and 9. In no particular order because it feels wrong to put any of those on top.

Based and /thread

If this was any other FF I'd believe you.

>whats the best ___ and why is it ___?
fuck off template faggot

FF6 is so "best" it gets routinely ignored by square when it comes to remakes and remasters
Nobody cares about your forgotten game

how do rpgs work - i heard ff7 is an rpg but it has one ending so... do you even get to choose anything? if i 'rp' shouldn't i get to do what i want?

Eight.

>do you even get to choose anything? if i 'rp' shouldn't i get to do what i want?

Attached: 1560246526485.jpg (713x720, 27K)

Series creator says it's 9 and I agree with him

>reference to a kids cartoon that aired when i was like 25 years old
yeah i'm not gonna be able to follow that

Shut the fuck up

Attached: 15601849568660.png (640x436, 244K)

JRPGs are just movies with DVD menus you can occasionally fiddle with.
WRPGs are actually about role playing.

FF5 is better because it has jerbs

Attached: chemist.png (200x206, 3K)

In less time, FF5 had a Siren who has two forms she changes between each with different weaknesses.

FF7 had the Airbuster fight who has a counterattack making it wiser to make sure the one attacking is on high enough health and the Reno fight who traps your party members in a pyramid and you need to use the others to break them free.

Then not longer after, there's Rufus whose dog casts a barrier on him and you should take it out first before using the appropriate physical or magic attack depending on the type of barrier Rufus has up.

Nothing too complex but still better than anything FF6 has to offer.

I love the structure of the game. I know it's a weird thing to praise but the entire WoR sequence works excellently with the story's overall themes.

Pixelsoul

because it was the last one with soul

Because it's IX.

FF6 has that lame ass snail in the beginning that fucks you up if you attack its shell. Don't @ me

Agreed, I love the transition and the whole WoR, no matter what Yea Forums says.

For me its 6, then 5 and 9

>boss enters "don't attack" mode
So did 4, 5 and 7.

Autism

7 is objectively the best one because it was my first FF game.

5 is a thousand times better

I never played 6 but after doing the warring triad bosses in 14 I got curious about where they came from and looked into it and basically they're just really easy throwaway bosses that show up at the last moment and all have the same battle theme and not the really amazing ones they have in 14.
Shame.

What's the best way to play 6 today ? I tried a ROM on a SNES emulator on my PSP, but it has a lot of issues and I heard the PS1 version has longer loading times.

GBA

7 is an average game but is actually the best as far as the FF series goes.

Why are you playing on a psp? But snes version with gba script patch is the best.

Gba version has a lower resolution, terrible color palette, and the TERRIBLE sound and music.

Terra is pure!

Attached: tumblr_lpbgoojwCB1qdjr93o1_r1_1280.jpg (886x1280, 245K)

What are you taking about? All GBA issues except for the resolution can be patched out no problem, more importantly it has extra content.

I liked playing JRPGs on handhelds but I only have Playstations :(

You can choose the SNES version or the GBA version.
>SNES
inaccurate but subjectively superior script
buggy as fuck, so find bugfix patches
>GBA
has a more accurate but less interesting translation
graphics are way too bright. there's a patch for it.
screen crunch
music sounds like shit. there's a patch for it, but it doesn't fix everything
has lots of extra content

The sound can’t ever be completely restored and you’ll still hear static.

>most useless character of her own game
Disgrace of a female protagonist.

This. She’s the worst FF mc.

Retard

Need to find a good SNES emulator then, got it. Thanks.

Reminder that there is no single best FF game, as none of the good ones outdo one another overall.

Patch it. Please, the translation is so bad. Don’t listen to these nostalgiafags calling it “quirky” or “charming”. It tries too hard to be funny and it’s just terrible.

>literally at the start of the game
>expecting the tutorial to let you do shit

9 is the best and criminally underrated.

It's actually V. Seriously, everyone in that game is lovable and it makes the darker moments hit SO much more.

Attached: Final.Fantasy.V.full.1355118.jpg (1024x768, 307K)

Fucking love Gilgamesh. He's like final fantasy's deadpool.

who would win

This walking pandemonium with vast magic powers

vs.

one old boi

Attached: __exdeath_and_galuf_halm_baldesion_final_fantasy_v_and_etc_drawn_by_nanpou_nanpou0021__c7424b5023926 (1000x966, 722K)

>Every fight has just been attack until enemies dead, What's so good about it?
Welcome to Final Fantasy. And people are bothered by how FF7:R gameplay looks.

To be fair, that old man is THE BEST BOI that ever was. He's Tellah done right.

fuck off ____ faggot

The only flaw Tellah had was that he died. Literally the best character in the game even though he had the least screentime.

We already know.

A FUCKING TREE

The best FF is V.

For the longest time I thought Locke was supposed to be the main character, since pretty much all the meaningful plot progression early on tends to revolve around him.

>0 HP
>still keeps fighting
>party members actually try to save him with spells and revival items
>nothing works
Convince me this isn't the peak of the entire franchise. You can't.

FF6 suffers from a bloated cast of characters and a boring villain. People go on about how Kefka won but he's just an insane clown. Exdeath already did his shtick of ending everything but at least Exdeath had the reason of being various evil spirits combined into one being.

you know, on my replays the moments I look forward to the most are either
Galuf saying "give me a wind drake" and riding to Exdeath castle alone
or
the whole ending sequence where the friends reunite, chills every time

Attached: ff5.jpg (450x590, 196K)

That's why

Attached: 1560584183022.gif (680x667, 232K)

Classic would be 4.
3D would be 9.
Nu would be 10.

And 7 only when you grew up with it.

You only fought like 3 bosses by the time you got to the raft part.

>Every fight has just been attack until enemies dead

Have you EVER played a video game before, retard?

Role-playing is the exact opposite of that. It means stepping into the shoes of another character and being restricted by their abilities, their worldview and the kind of choices they would be likely to make. “Role-playing” as a trollish self-insert and expecting the world to react to your every whim isn’t really role-playing.

>Edgar and Locke there instead of Cyan and Shadow
>"MOTHAFUUKIN SABIN XDD"
>doesn't even portray the Blitzes correctly in the menu
>dumb arrow flash to make it a .gif for some reason

This image was always shit.

regarding Exdeath it's slightly different, he didn't want to end everything because of the evil spirits inside him, but because he is consumed by (loses control over) the Void during the final battle and it overpowers him, resulting in the birth of omnicidal Neo Exdeath. Before that he mainly wanted power and to rule the planet.

Attached: 1560588821225.jpg (500x600, 39K)

Much better. Even appreciate that they remembered Interceptor.

Yeah, fuck trains!