They'll charge $60 for each episode

>they'll charge $60 for each episode
OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: 123.jpg (1365x655, 185K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/04/11/final-fantasy-vii-remake-interview-game-informer.aspx
twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1138890277534478337
youtube.com/watch?v=YaeYp46akuE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>60
>forgetting there's already DLC

they will also do a complete edition after each episode.

>Charging $60 for a full length RPG is ripping consumers off!
>I can't wait to buy this 5 hour movie game though, it's so fucking hype!!

might have to buy a new console too

A full fledge game takes like 30+hours to finish not 8....

Just wait a couple years and get the full game for $60 on ps5. You know it's gonna happen. And even if it doesn't, the games won't be $60 for longer than a month or two after release unless they're actually 10/10 god tier masterpieces (which I can't imagine actually being the case)

>OH NO NO NO NO
neck yourself
says who?

Attached: DpfYKv3WkAEF7wI.0.jpg (1200x800, 176K)

>implying a second episode gets made in our lifetime

Where are these 5-8 hour numbers coming from? Or is it just shitposters using the original Midgar as a timeframe?

yep
23 hours of PURE filler definitely worth 60BUCKS

Much better than 5hours of gameplay and 4 of cinemàtics

If it has legitimately enough content for it to be its own game, so what?

>but it WON'T!
Probably let's wait until the game is out before we start taking the word of Your Uncle Who's Friends With Bob Squeenix as gospel

>believing square after their XIII and XV antics

I didn't claim it DOES have enough content, either. Are you not familiar with the word "If"?

>$60 for a full length AAA game
Wow, what a controversy. Do retards still can't wrap their mind around the fact that FF7 Remake is a series and not a single 50 hour game broken into tiny episodes? Remaking any of these old, lengthy JRPGs with realistic 3d proportions would take well over a decade to develop and would be hundreds of GBs in size. Of course they can't release it in a single game, you absolute fucking mongoloid. Literally kys you aborted piece of shit.

I would rather pay sixty dollars for a fun 6 hour game with replay value (see RE2make) than this padded out remake which is stretching out the first five to six hours of content.

There's also gonna be DLC and all future episodes will be on the PS5 instead of PS4

Anyone who buys this before the complete collection with everything included is out on the PC in 2047 is an idiot.

How many episodes are they making?

>Charging $300 for a full length RPG isn't ripping consumers off

What a complete load of shit.

>Episode
So will it be more like walking dead or Mass Effect

>paying $80 for an HD remaster of the first few hours of FF7
>paying god-knows how much extra money to experience the rest of FF7 remasteres
>on top of buying a new console
Just buy the original you dumb-dumbs, it’s like $12.49 on PS4, and it’s fun.

Attached: B1DF5AF8-7FFB-42B2-8F72-27F335D17921.gif (246x246, 495K)

FINAL FANTASY VII: THE REMAKE: PART 4

One.

>B-BUT MUH GRAPHICS
Didn't someone said if squeenix ever remade FF7 it means they're really in the fucked up zone?

FFVII was the first game I maxed the clock on. Played well beyond 99 hours. They can charge this much for a remake.

I mean you look at ff15 and still think square Enix will do something decent tlike that

Why would anyone actually play this other than nostalgia? The game is praised for it's story but you already know the story so why would you pay for it again?

Cool, then just wait for the scary Zelda 2 on the switch 3dU

I will laugh so hard if they never finish it. Just cancel the 3rd episode like they did the dlc for 15

Botw2 will likely be a 100 hour game like the first one though. So not sure how this is relevant.

It looks so fucking good though

When everyone that worked on FF15 was quarenteened into their own studio and the director of the game left the company yeah I could easily imagine it wont be FF15 again

>retard doesn't know the difference between remaster and remake
>he thinks it's going to be ps5 exclusive and sony is just going to abandon 100m ps4's
These are the ff7r haters.

They know their fans are retarded enough to buy all of it.

Eh not really. Graphics have hit the plateau. I wish devs would focus on AI, no pop in, framerate, and other things like that.

I've played pokemon games for over 100 hours, I'd never fucking pay for them split up into parts though

>$60 for a 22 year old game (part 1)
I don't think so. The max I'm giving them is $15

Of course they will. They have a guaranteed money maker on their hands now that all the nostalgia fags are old enough to buy their own toys. Why wouldn't they milk the shit out of this by releasing the game piecemeal?

lol ps4 is at the end of its life. Ep2 will be ps5 game. I bet you think you will be importing your save game from ep1. lmfao

Anyone with half a brain will wait until the FULL game is released under one price tag.
Especially with FF7 because everyone knows the story so you don't need to worry about getting spoiled by waiting.

IT'S OKAY WHEN JAPAN DOES IT

Pc and mod it.

>implying PS5 isn’t gonna be backwards compatible with PS4
it must hurt being this retarded

>300$
>not 420$ because it's ff7 and will have 7 parts

Attached: 1547502216065.gif (231x239, 1.56M)

>Anyone with half a brain will wait until the FULL game is released under one price tag.
In 2030. I won't care by then

Forgot the price of ps5 and ps6 bro.

>full priced third of a game
>pre-order dlc
>deluxe edition dlc
That's gonna be a nope from me.

nah ill pick up each game. I dont feel like waiting 6 years from now. 3 episodes. 2 years each.

Do you think charging $300 for 5 MGS games is ripping consumers off?

>sony is just going to abandon 100m ps4's
Are you implying they'll keep supporting the PS4 10 years later?
That's a hard doubt there user.

5 MGS games? No. 5 FF7 episodes? Yes.

>3 episodes. 2 years each
user... you forgot to add 8 years

I think you realize how retarded your argument is

It's not even a third. Midgar is like 20% or maybe even less

Yes

Attached: mgs.png (485x169, 55K)

Wait for fucking real? God fucking dammit these companies can't do shit without ruining it SOMEHOW

Attached: 1559401618880.jpg (428x500, 33K)

All 5 games are different in terms of story, gameplay and everything else

Never count out blind brand loyalty, look at the live action Disney remakes right now. BLATANTLY worse versions of beloved movies, yet people go to see them in droves and they make stupid money. Even if FFVIIR sucks it's going to sell like hotcakes, nostalgia is a scary force.

There's no difference. The "episodes" are full games.

I hope your ready for everyone's favorite thing
ANIME FILLER ARCS
Did you ever want to know what that one security guard at Don Corneo's mansion was doing before you blew up the reactor at the start of the game? You don't?
WELL TOO FUCKING BAD!

>midgar only
>$60

Attached: 1443260391502.jpg (414x420, 48K)

Yea Forums has the most stupid idiots period

You getting 2 full blu ray´s and he thinks game will be 3 hours lol

It wi

How much where the half life epsidoes on release

Fucking Auto
It will be 4-5 hours then the other 35-36 hours will be nothing but filler arcs that no one cares about.

remember this is 10% of the game and a perfect confined story arc
this is going to be a mess

In case you're too new to remember, Squeenix said years ago that it would never remake FFVII as its quality would never meet the absurdly high hype. That they are actually making it means that they are desperate and are going all out to milk every line of code for money.

The original FF7 was a full game. What they're doing is taking that full game and breaking it up into smaller pieces.

Midgar was the only good part of FF7, prove me wrong

Going by the size of final fantasy XV they have no idea how to properly optimize games. Its barely 10 hours (at best) of content that could be squeezed down into 15gbs instead of 120gb

how do you know each parts will have the exact same gameplay?

And then adding 90% more filler arcs and fanfiction. Don't forget that part.

Its final fantasy
The gameplay never changed and they definitely wont attempt to piss off the nostalgiafags

jesus, squeenix.
Hope this kills the company

Not really. The first three are very similar. 4 and 5 are different due to vast advancements in technology. In any case, it was just an example. Remake is a series of its own, not a single 50 hour game split into 5 parts because SE are greedy (they are but that's not why they're doing this). The setting and story off ff7 is huge. They're going to flesh it out and explore in full detail which is something they couldn't do in the original. Each episode is going to be a full game of its own.

user... you saw what the gameplay looks like, right? you saw that it's real-time combat, right?

Based. There's LITERALLY nothing wrong with paying 240+$ dollars for the complete EXPERIENCE of a 22 years old (and then 23, and then 25, and then 27...) game. Only KEKS would oppose this

>I have well beyond 99 hours in this game
Is this supposed to be impressive? Even excluding multiplayer I have a couple of games I've played for several hundreds of hours.

You're retarded but since you brought up MGS this is actually comparable to the MGSV situation. Everyone agreed that splitting that game up and selling the first 5% of it for $30 and the rest for another $60 was a rip-off.

>then 23, and then 25, and then 27
Your numbers are off
>22 years old
>then 33 years old
>then 45 years old
>then 57
There's your accurate numbers

>next gen 2020
so i they aren't even going to complete the game on ps4

>2 years each
LOL
>only 3 episodes each
LOL
>buying a Censorstation 5 since episode 2 onwards won't be on the Censorstation 4
LOL

When I played FF7 in 1999 as a kid, I thought the game was good but it was lacking something. I thought to myself "This game needs 30 hours of fetch quests before I left Midgar"

Attached: 1238406816719.jpg (800x960, 356K)

Starcraft 2 got away with doing the same thing.

To literally no one's surprise. Iirc they even said, each episode will be a full game on its own. I certainly wouldn't buy a single episode if I don't know how much the whole thing costs. Watch it go up to $200 thanks to two more episodes and some DLC.

People cheered when Blizzard announced there'd be two expansions. This was back before DLCs had the negative connotations they have now and people were thinking the expansions would be like Brood War.

>three $60 games over a course of ~6 years
Its not alot really

that is why I am waiting for the whole thing to come out before buying it.

Don't want a repeat of FFXV where buying it day 1 was a big mistake

>over a course of ~6 years
>6 years for the full game to be out entirely
Bwah ha
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
See in 20 years at best

>got away
Which reminds me.

Attached: 1558955660848.jpg (780x439, 93K)

This comes to PC right?
I'll just pirate it and eventually buy the complete edition. Fuck this stupid episodic shit.

You probably never played it but the game is big

i did the same thing for XV and turns out they didnt even fucking finish what they had planned so i dodged a bullet, modern square is garbage so i'll wait to see if they actually finish this shit before buying it

It's an JRPG, of course it's big. Having 3 digit hours of playtime in them isn't special at all.

What bullshit. FF7 is 40 hours long just doing the main story. Grinding everything will get you to 70. If it took you longer than that, you are retarded

>You probably never played it but the game is big

Yeah, FF7 for a first time player can be around 50-60 hours

XV being a trainwreck of epic proportions is the main reason why I am avoiding VIIR

>cheap asian jew
Heh.

BIGG DOUWT

Isn't that just a Chinese

How long did Versus XI... I'm sorry FFXV take to come out again? What about KH3? If you seriously think Square will be pumping out the games at 2 year intervals or even three year intervals, you have a bad case of retardation.

Imagine thinking devoting a team to this shit is worth your time and money. I can see square going bankrupt before they finish this shit

Those games had thier own internal issues. Silly to compare them.

I've seen so many people say this sort of shit that there's no way that by part 3 there will be anywhere near as many sales as part 1 etc people will get sick of waiting for the same shit . When part 1 was disappointing sales will drop for the later parts, also I really see them making part 1 and that's it

They use money from actually profitable games like mobile shit and FF14 to fund garbage like FF15 and FF7R. It's annoying as I would prefer to see my money that I pay to play FF14 go back into it.

>I'll pirate each episode
OH YES YES YES YES

Attached: piracy.jpg (1112x1553, 422K)

50 hours is the standard for these kind of games

>Barry still assblasted that 7R looks a million times better than his trash game made by failed director TaBETA
OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1497417464105.png (205x246, 29K)

>break a game in 5 parts and charge for each
is this Telltale's legacy

>people still think how much space is taken up on a disc determines how big a game will be

lol

They're clearly inspired by Shenmue and Xenosaga.

retards here still think FF7 was 3 discs because it was a HUGE game, when it was only because of the FMV cutscenes.

Well at least they'll charge me bit by bit instead of charging me all at once. :^)

what's funnier is retards think they're going to make midgar into a full 60-hour game

Why aren't they saying this is only part 1 in the box or any of the marketing?
Isn't this false advertisement? Why is this allowed?

what's funnier is "retards" like you are still going to buy the game despite shitposting all day in these threads

They want initial sales from people who havent been keeping up with gaming news, just like MGSV Ground Zeroes.

Fraid not fanboy. I didn't buy FF15 because it was an obviously shit game, and I won't be buying this.

i wonder how long it's gonna be, probably like 15 hours

>Episode 2 confirmed as an exclusive for PSSex by IGN

How will Yea Forums recover?

How long were the XIII trilogy games? 40? I expect something like that.

>Fraid not fanboy
>*teleports behind me*
>*tips fedora*
>"Fraid not fanboy"

ugh, 40 hours in Midgar. The amount of pointless filler and fetch quest tier shit they must be adding.

Nah, I haven't bought Final Fantasy in years.
I'll replay the original 7 on a handheld sometime soon and that'll be better than whatever this trainwreck looks like when it's finally finished in 2025.

I really hope the filler content isn't as brain-numbing as it was in 15

But user, everyone has nostalgia for Midgar and wants to spend an entire game listening to every minor NPCs backstory and doing quests to get a pail of water. They have SOOOO MUCH NOSTALGIA FOR THAT

The final episode will be so half assed. Each game will sell less than the one before, that's just natural regardless of quality. So they won't put as much effort into the latter ones.

Honestly, i am proud of them. FF VII is shit and only "FF VII is my favorite{also the only one} FF" nostalgia boomers are going to buy it.
I hope SE is going to rice them hard.

the same reason nuGoW isn't titled part 1 even though it ends on a cliffhanger and work on the sequel had already started by its release, the same reason DBZ legacy of goku doesn't have part 1 in its title even though it only covers part of the pre-existing DBZ story with a sequel that released covering the rest

because it's a standalone game not a single episode like you idiots keep memeing lol

how long is midgar in the original for the average player?

if they double the price it's still worth it :)

>because it's a standalone game not a single episode
Except it is a single episode. Considering Midgar is only part of Final Fantasy 7 as a whole. Retard.

Idiots defending this dont understand that we dont care about filling midgar with useless filler content
We want whole FF7, the game that had great pacing, big journey across whole world lasting 30-40 hours on average.
I dont want to be stuck in Midgar for 30 hours because lazy fucks cant bother to create other assets on time
No, it wont be "complete full jrpg" because you will get 15% of the whole story with unsatisfying """""ending"""""

About 4-5 hours.

Like 5 hours? It really is just the prologue.

>average player
About 5-6 hours or so MAYBE pushing 7 depending on what you mean by average. Ultra casual will be about 10 hours.

We knew this 3 years ago.

free($0) on mustard race

Attached: dqj1oi58s4511.png (1328x764, 122K)

Does anyone else find it disingenuous that they are just calling it "FF7 Remake", when in fact, it's just episode 1?

HERE'S YOUR FINAL BOSS BRO

Attached: MotorBall-ffvii-upright.png (392x434, 73K)

Trials of Mana says hello.

and the saiyan and frieza sagas are only part of dbz as a whole you dumb bitch, this is a new series of games titled "Final Fantasy VII REMAKE," "Final Fantasy VII REMAKE 2," etc. not a single new game split into parts

the original and the remake are not the same release

Yeah, I'd find it less disingenuous if they at least called it Final Fantasy 7 Remake PROJECT. Since that would make it clear its not just going to be one single game but multiple but they should also be calling this Episode 1.

episode 2 will have a subtitle and they will market it as a full blown sequel for 60 dollars again

Never ever, PCück

>people will actually pay for this
For what purpose. FF7 was never about graphics, it looked like ass when it came out but it had good gameplay which looks like the remake won't have and it had a shit-ton of content

>this is a new series of games
Then why did they not call it Final Fantasy 7 Remake Project? That would at least make it clear it won't be a one and done game and tell everyone to get ready for endless filler arcs about minor characters no one cares for.

If you don't think the Remake is going to be filled to the brim with cinematics then you're a goddamn retard.

No such thing as if. Square has warranted no trust and automatically assume they can't deliver on word.

Their choice of words is "multi-part series" and they've been repeating it pretty much yearly

gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/04/11/final-fantasy-vii-remake-interview-game-informer.aspx
>When the remake was first announced, there was some confusion among fans about its multi-part format. Is comparing it to the Final Fantasy XIII saga fair in that regard? Will each entry have that kind of scope?
>It will essentially be a full-scale game for each part of the multi-part series.
>With regards to the current HD capacity and volume, the idea is that we wouldn’t be able to encompass it all in just one installment. So, if we’re just looking at each of these parts, one part should be on par with the scale of one Final Fantasy XIII game.

at least metal gear ground zeroes wasn't a full price release, which would clue you in that it wasn't the actual thing

My point isn't that this can't be considered a long full game, it's that they're misleading people into thinking this a complete remake of the original just by the title alone
the examples you're using aren't remakes, so there's no prior expectations at all you dumb fuck

How are they going to pad it out? Will Shinra HQ make the game feel like a persona 3 spinoff?

>4 years later during the PS5 life cycle
>They announce another FF7 remake
>(You) will make the same argument

it'll be uncompressed FMVs 100%

Everyone's favorite thing in any kind of entertainment
POINTLESS FILLER ARCS
That and way too many cinematic cutscenes

the first part alone is filling 2 blu-ray discs dude. it's a full game in itself. (tho it's probably due to all the FMVs.. but hopefully not)

>Play it FIRST on PS4
>FF3-15 on Steam
You have no fucking clue what your talking about.

>Nearly a full scale FFXIII
Welp... we're all waiting a decade between releases

don't mean jack shit, textures take a lot of space

I'd be happy with 1 extra Avalance mission so that way I would actually care about Biggs, Wedge and Jessie dying, but padding out 30+ hours is just ridiculous.

I bet they will shoehorn a Sephiroth fight in there somehow. Make Cloud fighting him, but he was just in Cloud's head the whole time or something stupid like that.

Seems they are setting themselves up for backlash (possibly even legal backlash) by calling it such. It's only a portion of a remake, not a full remake. If they go to retail with "Final Fantasy 7 Remake" as the title, I'd expect a lot of pissed off thirtysomethings who don't follow gaming news and expected the whole game to be remade.

You don't fuck with nostalgia.

It took 2 years between FFXIII games

Or you could just pirate the whole thing when it's complete on PC

And you think that the Square that took 10 years to make XV can do that?

FFXIII sequels were made using the exact same assets as XIII, and some cut content. Also the same enemies and characters for the most part. They're more like Majoras Mask in that respect. Quick turnaround using minimal new assets, just rearrange what you've already got and throw in a new story and bad guy.

FF7R sequels are gonna need a lot more work. They can't use Midgar assets anywhere else.

If it’s actually extended with meaningful content and not filler and it functions as it’s own full length game then it’s fine, they can increase the scope of the game all they want. That said, Square are one of the companies I least trust to pull it off. What they’re doing sounds good on paper but in practice, knowing Square Enix, it’s not likely to pan out well. I’d like to be proven wrong but they really haven’t had a good track record for the last decade or so.

Each game is length of a full game
Just treat it like a trilogy

I'll wait until 2077

>midgar is 10% of the game
>trilogy

underrated

This. I'll pirate all the episodes then if they release the whole thing for 60 bucks afterwards I MIGHT consider buying it (probably not though because fuck them for trying this shit in the first place).

They're doing it like this because if FFVII R flops, they go under. This is their final gambit.

>trilogy
They’ve confirmed they don’t know how many episodes it’ll take and that they haven’t done any planning on episode 2 yet, I think it’s gonna be a hell of a lot more than three episodes. I wouldn’t be surprised if they somehow incorporated all the spinoffs of VII into the game as well, just to pad out episodes.

a full 8 hour game

FF7 sucked after Midgar

change my mind

>They've confirmed they don't know how many episodes it'll take.
We really will be waiting a minimum of 20 years won't we?

Except those "filler arcs" mostly seem to be scrapped ideas that didn't make it into the original due to time and technology constraints at the time. Also written by the scriptwriter of the original FFVII.

Attached: StoryBy.png (926x375, 126K)

>PSfags beta test the games
>PC chands and maybe even xbox guys get the ultimate edition with the whole game just for $60
thanks PS trannies

Attached: 1555544916775.jpg (474x266, 19K)

Also Midguard is the worst bit of the game. I know it has cool moments but if you don't enjoy the open world & hunting bosses, then you are factually retarded.

Midgar is about 1/3rd of the game, if they make Midgar bigger and expand the stuff that goes on there they could easily make it a full game.

How do you take a single game and make it into a trilogy without completely fucking up the pacing?

Look at The Hobbit for a good example of unnecessarily making a trilogy full of filler out of a straightforward one-off story.

And I'm meant to trust modern Square won't just add pointless filler... Why? What have they done to prove they're trustworthy to be doing this?

A third of the game? No fucking way. Midgar is maybe 15% of the original game AT MOST.

It accounts for 30ish% of all text in the game. Midgar is big.

>each episode will be as long as the original FFVII

good. its the graphics whore tax on faggot nugamers. patricians can get the original for few dollars.

>implying

Attached: 142.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

Its probably just because of money. Not because they cant just fit it all into one game but because if they stretch it out they'll make too much goddamn money.

And that means nothing. There are many areas with little or no text that make up large gameplay segments. Mt. Nibel, Temple of the Ancients, Great Glacier, etc...

PCfags can unfuck Tifa's look as well.
plus nude mods for Marlene

>remake one of the most beloved games of all times
>botch it completely by turning it episodic
Why is SE so dumb all the time?

underrated

idk, it seems like normies don't realize they'll be paying 60 for each episode, both my friend and the clerk working at gamestop was shocked when I mentioned that when he was preordering the first part

They put 3 out of 4 of the "main guys" who made FFVII in the first place into the project (the last one quit Square over a decade ago and he only wrote the draft). Most important part is that Nojima is writing the actual script of the remake since he's the one who did most of the original. Kitase wrote the other parts, and he's there as producer as well.

The Hobbit was a 100 page children’s novel while FFVII is a 50+ hour JRPG. Extending FFVII honestly isn’t too bad an idea since there’s plenty of stuff to expand on, but more than tripling it’s size? I’m not sold on the episodic format. Especially because they supposedly haven’t even begun planning episode 2, so even if episode 1 turns out to be amazing and proves all the naysayers wrong it’s still possible and probably likely that further episodes turn out garbage because the stuff they had to work with didn’t lend itself to being extended.

The idea of fleshing our the story and world more is cool, but making it an episodic release when they don’t even know what they’ll be doing in future episodes or how many episodes they’ll do is pretty stupid.

The same Nomura who fucked up Versus XIII. left the project and then backloaded all of KH3's story into the last 20% of the game? Why would you trust him?

There are people unironically defending this. Is it damage control or are they really that delusional?

Attached: 1559430350060.png (326x301, 35K)

Both

>because they supposedly haven’t even begun planning episode 2
That's Fake News.
twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1138890277534478337
“Due to the work already done on the first game we anticipate development of the second game to be more efficient. We have our own internal schedule and plan, but for now we’d like to focus our information on the first game in the project.”

It's fucking sad. Remember when people got angry over Starcraft 2 doing this?

>How long did Versus XI... I'm sorry FFXV take to come out again?
10 years + 2 uears of DLC before Sqaure pulled the plug

>What about KH3?
about 7 years + one big DLC pack to come out in either 2019 or 2020

50% of people don't have internal monologue. They dont think. They just react

i thought companies realized that episodic games are a really bad idea?

Attached: ferret2.gif (320x264, 2M)

And he wants me to believe that Square will have FFVII-II done in 2 years.
Top fucking kek.

how are they gonna take 5 hours long part and stretch into +30?
i have no faith in modern square's original content

Except it wasn't due to Nomura, but rather the teams/manpower being pushed around back and forth across several projects. Also he didn't have his original team of Kitase and Nojima along for KH3. In contrast, both of them were present for KH1 and KH2.

>left the project

against his will

Are they doing this because they need to make the money back from developing it? I imagine XV's failure plays a part too.

We're talking about how much of the game's story takes place in Midgar though, this is a remake so there can easily be more gameplay interwoven with story beats.

I stopped playing and paying attention FF after being disappointed with 13. What did they promise and fail to deliver on?

Ok so sales will be good and the uproar from it will make FFXV look well received.

>What did they promise and fail to deliver on?

cancelled story DLCs. With one of them being the true ending.

Granted they did get made into books but as DLC they were cancelled

Attached: 1541650114310.jpg (1399x2029, 850K)

Square is always behind by atleast 5 years.

Every "episode" also takes 5 YEARS to make and doesn't require the previous one to play.
It's not an episodic game, episodes aren't DLC. It's a series of games.

Attached: c2ed4c52233c904bb73e83f62c6de699147a0a5d.jpg (1000x1000, 104K)

>With one of them being the true ending
You mean bullshit fanfic ending.

XV DLCs are cancerous as fuck and the height of Tabata's general insecurity making a game.

What do you care? Buy the "complete collection" they will sell a few years from now and call it a day

Versus XIII, announced back in 2006, was retooled into FFXV and somehow STILL managed to be less than half finished with over 10 years of dev time.

PLACE YOUR BETS
>Where will be the EPIC cliffhanger Ep. 1 ends in to bait people into paying $60 for Ep. 2 in 2025?
>What will be the two season passes' worth of $20 "story" DLC filler to pad out the time and keep the revenue coming on the way to Ep. 2 be about?
>How many updated reissues will there be between Ep. 1 and Ep. 2?
>How much money will one poor sap who buys this at launch have to spend to get the full game by the time Ep. 2 comes out?
STEP RIGHT UP AND PLACE YOUR BETS

Attached: 1559244461725.jpg (579x426, 33K)

>Buy
>giving money to modern Square
>giving money for this scam of a """""game"""""
It's coming to PC inevitably. Pirate it then.

>You mean bullshit fanfic ending.

I would agree with you that it's fanfic but Sqaure thought it was important enough to bring back as a book.

>It's a series of games.
like the .hack GU trilogy and IMOQ?

Their final fantasy

>Playing it on PS4 when you can play the LEGIT remastered version on PC, and it's even cheaper

Fucking idiot

youtube.com/watch?v=YaeYp46akuE

Attached: 1430445665270.jpg (640x480, 34K)

>e3 2024
>Yes, FF7 Remake Part 2 is the PERFECT entry point for new comers to the series
This WILL be said.

>people ask for more Aranea and complain that Luna is a shit boring character with no development or motivations
>"N-no, wait, we'll fix it ALL with DLC!"
>cancels DLC
Holy shit, I would be so mad if I ever bought anything XV-related. What a massive shitshow this game turned out to be. It's almost like Square was testing the waters to see what level of sheer uncaring incompetence they could get away with.

Attached: 1557000339662.png (1024x1024, 1.73M)

most of you fags said a remake what ever the cost. Pay up mother fucker!

Attached: DUzxlb7X4AAXKo1.jpg (2048x1968, 657K)

Just make sure you get the 1st Class Edition for $300 so you can get all the extra Summon Materia DLC. I mean, you can't seriously have a 50 hour long FF game without summon monsters, right? While you're at it, pre-order yourself an official FF7Remake watch for $2500.

I mean they had this list and
>Ardyn's past
DLC that is twice the price of the other character episodes

>Lunafreya story
cancelled

>Cor story
never happened

>Line of Lucis story
never happened

>Ifrit's Betrayal
never happened

>World of Ruin
Multiplayer DLC

>Noctis' disappearance
I think Comrades covered it

>all those playable characters
never happened

>Hard difficulty
never happened (the game REALLY need something that prevents you from Holding O and having 0 HP characters spamming items on themselves)

>improved Armiger
$15 DLC for button mashing

>stat changing magic
never happened

Attached: dev team forgets how to make game.jpg (2880x1620, 466K)

I play the real game for 0 dollars(American) :^)

FF15 was like $30 a few weeks after launch so anyone who buys this for more than that is a moron. It'll probably be $20 by the end of 2020.

2-3 possibly. But Midgar in the original game only takes like 2 hours to finish everything and blow through it, and they're trying to stretch this part out into a full game of it's own. So god knows how many parts they'll try to milk this out into.

>"prease tell us what you want in the game, we cannot make decisions for ourselves and have absolutely no vision for this story, just TELL US HOW YOU WANT IT TO BE AND WE'LL DO IT"
Could Tabata be more of a corporate drone hack fraud?
What kind of fucking director asks the AUDIENCE what they want out of the story? It's your story, you fucking dick. Tell it.

Same here. I'll buy it complete for a $200 or whatever rather than spend $60 every 3-4 years for parts.

I got it when it was on a $40 sale. (Christmas 2016)

I felt ripped off since I would basically have to spend like $40 just to get the "complete" XV package

They've already mentioned future FFVII games are going to take about as long to make as this one.

They will fill the game with shallow and pointless side quests, while telling 10% of the original game and call it "Full-length FF Game"

F*ck SE desu.

It seems bizarre that they don't know how many parts there will be. How do you not have all of this planned out from the start? Are they simply refusing to say at the moment?

Final Fantasy 7 fans are retarded and SE knows it, otherwise, they won't pull this clown show and start an episode release.
Why would I even buy the fucking game on PS4? You will need to wait for 10+ years and buy a PlayStation 6 to play the fucking full game.

I love FFVII to death, but sorry SE won't have their way with me. Only an idiot will buy this shit before full release

damage control

>third of a game
You are giving them too much credit user

>I love FFVII to death, but sorry SE won't have their way with me. Only an idiot will buy this shit before full release

this

>Argue using 2 full blue ray discs
How you can be so retarded user? This game will come with 12 different languages full voice and 3K cutscene at every corner of the game.

Do you think this game will have the same scale as RDR2 ?

FFXV had some GOTY style edition that came out a year later

>FFXV had some GOTY style edition that came out a year later

and that didn't have all the DLCs on it and if the second season pass was not cancelled there would of been ANOTHER GotY edition that is Base game + Royal Upgrade + BOTH Season passes + something similar to Royal Upgrade that even owners of the second season pass have to pay for

The cutscenes will be all in-engine though, considering weapon changes are visible.

No shit user. Pretty sure they know exactly how many episodes they will release and just won't say.

That, or they want to wait and see the fans reaction to the first ep and from there they decide whatever to do 10 episodes or 3.

Not all of them. FF always has prerendered cutscenes for very important shit. Fuck, even the MMOs do it.
And, in true Jap retardation fashion, they'll be uncompressed, 3-4GB each, like in XIII and XV.

>pay like 15$ for the original game that is amazing and has perfect pacing
OR
>pay 200$ for that same story but now it’s pacing is fucked cause it’s full of filler to pad out each episode and your 30 hour story is now a 100 hour over bloated grind

Yeah no thanks that’s a pass

They seemed to want to keep the weapons you gain visible though and in-engine has become good enough to be used for cutscenes anyway. While you can make Cloud's sword just not be in view or have him conveniently "lose it temporarily" just before the cutscene, I don't think you can do the same with Barret or Tifa.

Or, y'know, just have him default to the Buster Sword in FMVs, like they always do in these cases.

The difference is that the original always showed Cloud having the bustersword both in Field (sometimes he was just "holding nothing" in his hands though) and in FMVs, so different weapons only appeared exclusively on the battle screen. Here however that might not be the case and in-engine Cloud will probably have the weapon he got equipped. It'd be rather immersion breaking if he got other weapons all the time, but in cut-scenes he is suddenly back to the Buster Sword. Also costumes. I think they'll make it possible to change either your entire outfit, or even individual clothes in this game (I mean we NEED to see playthroughs with Cross-dress Cloud and Lightning Cloud for shits and giggles at least once).

Paid shills.

All of that was applicable in XV and it still had FMVs out the ass. Nobody really cares about how "immersion breaking" it is, they'll look at the prerendered footage and be like "OMYGAWD LOOK AT THESE GRAFFIX"!

>Nojima writes a script in 1990s and people experience it
>"WOW! BEST GAME EVER! BEST STORY EVER!"
>Nojima writes a script in 2010s and people didn't experience it yet
>"IT'S GOING TO BE BAD! SO BAD! I DON'T EVEN NEED TO PLAY IT TO KNOW THAT IT WILL BE FILLER SHIT!"
???

Honestly it's a lot more reassuring that each episode is going to be a full game then having them break up one game into multiple parts for 20 bucks for a couple of hours.

Modern Nomura is not the same as 1999 Nomura, in both art and writing. He's gotten far worse with time on both accounts.
See: KH3.

>Two completely different teams working on them
>Two completely different engines (Luminous vs UE4) used
>"TOTALLY GOING TO BE THE SAME!"
No, I doubt that.

Thinking about it, paying $60 for this really is a completely unjustifiable decision. It's like Ground Zero again. It's KH 2.8.

Who gives a shit about Nomura? Nojima didn't write KH3. That was the problem right there, considering Nojima DID write KH1 and KH2.

>Remaking any of these old, lengthy JRPGs with realistic 3d proportions would take well over a decade to develop and would be hundreds of GBs in size.

Attached: 1560602378560.jpg (275x181, 8K)