BLOODLINES 2

Actual good gameplay demo not done by retards:
youtube.com/watch?v=w3sOTLWUKGs

Should they delay it a year to fix it?

Attached: 1451230380976.png (544x544, 533K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YCjvLe-xRTs
youtube.com/watch?v=ZlKzlfqmzpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Should they delay it a year to fix it?
Nah I'd rather have it sooner.

>good

It looks like an Early Access game.
Fuck it. I don't want it anymore.

>not done by retards
Stop with the damage control.
The issue with the first footage wasn't the person playing it, it was the fact THAT THE GAME LOOKS LIKE AN UNFINISHED, SUBMEDIOCRE, VISUALLY FLATLINED, MILKTOAST, POORLY ANIMATED TURD OF A HALF ASSED PRODUCT ENTIRELY MADE TO SQUEEZE MONEY FROM FANS OF THE ORIGINAL OUT OF NOSTALGIA AND NOTHING ELSE.

>Should they delay it a year
And by the way, one year isn't enough.
This need 2 fucking years to even remotely be propely finished and cleaned up.
At minimum.

>rock paper shotgun

that looks soulless as fuck and like an incomplete indie game youd find on steam

first-person only was a mistake

Post that webm
You know the one

based sperg

ISOLATED

Attached: 1560341863646.webm (1240x698, 2.87M)

they should remove all tranny and homo propoganda and then maybe ill buy it

They really should, animations look horrible.
Not sure whats worse, that dance or the music that was playing during it

>no Nos version since you can't play as Nos
Shit game.

What is that spinny jump shit? Is this a malk who thinks they're a ninja?

I have ALOT of questions regarding VtmB1

1. Was Knox really acting retarded? I know Bertram poached and coached him but is Knox's friendly attitude just an act? His smile.. unsettles me.

2. Vampires don't leave ashes and bones when they final death. How come Alistair Grout has one and he's chained in the bed? Is it different cause he was Malkavian? I thought vampires leave no trace seeing as when you kill a vampire his body and ashes just dissipate into air.

3. Who was the original, Jeanette or Therese?

4. Who was Mercurio's master or blood daddy? And when you ask Bertram about Mercurio he acts weird and suspicious? Also Mercurio is gay right? He had to meet w/ some.. contacts about that spasm rifle or something

5. Is the girl w/ the cigarette at the end of the VtmB 2 Trailer Ming Xiao? Are there Kuei-jins in Seattle?

6. How come LaCroix's dominate doesnt work on me at the end? I kept resisting and being rude to him so he ended up dominating me but at the end it didn't work. Why?

7. Who was the guy in the White Lotus in Chinatown? The one that asks you to get someone's eye? Is he a kuei-jin?

Attached: VtmB ranged combat.webm (1280x720, 2.24M)

>good
back to resetera tranny

Looks good

1. Yes, Nossies are intelligent and they don't just take random dumbasses to be their ghoul.

2. Decoy.

3. Jeanette. Therese is a personality that was possibly developed by her to cope with the fact that she was molested when she was younger.

4. LaCroix.

5. The green lady? A leaker said that she's Lilith.

6, Your blood has been "upgraded" by Caine, and your generation is lower than him at the end of the game.

7. Dunno.

1. I think it’s part of his personality but yes he was leading you on that he was dumb to get you to do shit

2. A lot of people theorize that grout faked his own death. There is a lot of evidence to support this and even more details that make you ask more questions.

3. I think therease was

4. I want to say lacroix was

5.kue jin were confirmed to not be in this game. Doesn’t mean other supernaturals won’t show up though

6. There are implications that taxi cab driver and the one emailing you about the chess game is Caine and he is using you to carry out his crazy ass shenanigans which is why you see him at the end with you know who

7. Need a pic for reference I can’t remember

>It looks like an Early Access game.

THIS RIGHT FUCKING HERE!

It LITERALLY looks like Underworld Ascendant. Did you faggots learn NOTHING from that game?

Fuck, I mistook Therese for Jeanette.

1. it probably is. Makes people underestimate him, especially when dealing with vampires and other supernaturals.

2. According to the tabletop vampires do leave ashes when they die. About Grout, there is a theory that he faked his own death in order to escape the Camarilla politics and the hunters going after him, and that he's the one sending you cryptic emails every once in a while. Look it up.

3. Don't know, but it's likely that the other sister died and was reborn as a second personality

4. It's probably LaCroix, though we aren't given any clues about it. And yeah, I do believe he's a homo.

5. It's probably the main antagonist of the game, which some anons speculate could be Lilith. The fact that she smokes hints that she isn't a vampire, though, as vampires don't get any pleasure from it.

6. Your character, the Fledgling, gets incredibly powerful as time goes on. Some speculate that it is Caine's influence, or simply the Fledgling being of very high Generation and slowly unlocking his potential.

7. He was a sort of chinese spirit/demon from the tabletop. One of my favourite NPCs too.

How can Caine "upgrade" my blood? I dont remember directly interacting w/ him as a Nosferatu

It's Mr. Ox or something.. he also gives you a quest to be a bad luck farmer or something?

ahh ty also what email does grout send you? the penis enlargement ones?

If the cab driver is indeed Caine, then maybe he did it through uh, Caine magic when you talked with him for the last time to determine the route that you want to pursue.

console FPS gameplay always looks like cancer to me

>THE GAME LOOKS LIKE AN UNFINISHED, SUBMEDIOCRE, VISUALLY FLATLINED, MILKTOAST, POORLY ANIMATED TURD OF A HALF ASSED PRODUCT
a fitting sequel then

No, the emails about chess pieces moving. If you remember Grout's mansion was also chess-themed. Makes you think huh

Unofficial Patch when?

I genuinely don't think it looks bad.
My main concern are the dialogues/branching plot but the retard playing the demo went full nigger mode instead of trying to seduce/intimidate/convince/whatever.

Why would the cab driver be Caine? Isn't he like the oldest vampire?

wesp, just get the first one to run in VR on the PC. All this faggotry in popular culture has put me at a boiling point in terms of anger. GamerGate was fucking right.

The emails could be from grout I wouldn’t doubt that. I think that the person he was talking about in the tapes wasn’t lacroix but Caine though.

He can't die, God hates him, was the week of nightmares, why not just shitpost with some random neonate and a drunk pirate.

Well he is for sure an old vampire. But Also because he is literally called Caine im the game files. There is more to back this up besides that though.

He actually can die. Killing him is bitch though since GOD will fucking smite you seven time for every punch you land on Cain

so, you're a thin blood right? why is it every vampire is giving you any courtesy at all? the tremere lady should be looking down on you and bossing you around, not saying "i don't want to waste your time," and when you meet the nossie in the homeless park he should be shitting on you and the quest should make you have to beg him to even be allowed into the noseferatu controlled area without getting ganked by a bunch of nossie neonates. what the fuck is this?

Because V5, they also killed the sabbath.

The guy playing it has no bearing on all the other stuff. The game still looks like shit.

Attached: 1560330471023.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

Why does it matter if I'm competent?
She has a problem and I can bring her the solution, so she better show me the very little appreciation I deserve, otherwise I will fuck off to someone nicer.

Because thinbloods were the heralds of the gehenna, now they are just not-humans, who can use some protean abilities.
Fucking stupid.

Attached: 1539733883395.png (301x415, 45K)

I just have another thing to nitpick. I don't like the muffled sound of the radio. It should be much louder or at least have a setting to make it more the centerpiece requiring the player's attention.

We also remember that hardlabs have a "punching up" design for writing, no humiliating situations, or making fun of people, basically skyrim tier dialog, "you are the most important person in the world".

you do realize she could just dominate you into doing it anyway, right? she's obviously lower generation than you, you're a literal worm compared to her. do you treat worms you see on the pavement with any respect?

That's a good point. The real reason is that the devs didn't even think too deeply or put themselves into the role of the playing character when writing and designing the quests.

maybe there are still good natured vampires? or something happens in the tutorial? either way i did expect them to be a bit more bigot-y.

>Tremere
>Openly talking about the pyramid with some random thinblood
>Flirting

Attached: 1532890304391.jpg (638x1236, 56K)

How do thin bloods even work now anyway?
In vtmb they were basically humans with slightly longer teeth and didn't look like they have all of the cool vampire superpowers or whatever.
How can they "level up" anyway? Do they just need to drink more human blood, or do they have to suck dry a real vampire? I think someone said that drinking the blood of a old gen vamp could get you real strong or whatever.
Let's say you were sired by a Malk, the whole thing fucked up and you became a thin blood, will you eventually become a true Malk, or can you should clan by drinking, I don't know a Nostferu for example?

Pros:
-The level design looks LEAGUES ahead. The fact you not only have a new element of verticality (I'll take rooftops over sewers any day), but how you need certain skills to pass certain obstacles is great and will add to replay value where the original didn't.
-When you take the different physical routes you can take in that mission, and the different dialogue options on top of that, it looks like missions will have a lot more variety. What none of the demos have done is go through the stealth route in that drug den (there's a hole in the wall of the second floor that bypasses that dialogue altogether, meaning you can just steal the key and move on without contact). It's like that Warehouse mission in 1, but with dialogue and better platforming.
-It actually looks like roaming around the map will be atmospheric as hell. Some of the ambient music is on the level as the previous game.
-The resonance thing mite b cool. Don't know yet.
-Pretty glad guns and melee weapons have been made less important to combat/degradable. It just makes more sense to me that a vampire with super strength, various nigh-magical abilities, and with a motivation to keep everything on the DL wouldn't walk around strapped with multiple types of handgun.
-It sucks that there's no Nossies or Gangrels, but it seems like the different clans that are there will have more drastic differences between them.

Cons:
-Animations need a LOT of work. Particularly with faces.
-AI seems pretty bad too.
-The engine in general seems pretty sloppy. Anyone know what it is?
-There's been little indication of humour so far. The tone in general seems a bit too self-serious and gritty in my opinion.
-Why the hell aren't people reacting to vampires dropping down from 3+ story drops and acting like it's nothing? I hope there's an in-game explanation for that...

needs work
I don't think it needs an extra year of work but it needs work

In V5 thin bloods have become more numerous and because of that kindred are a bit more welcoming to them.

Drinking the blood of a lower gen vampire ups your gen to the gen of the guy you fed on.

1. Yes, with a high enough perception you can see trough this and get a unique dialogue option with Bertram where he will praise you for your attentiveness, unless you're Tremere. Then he will just haul insults at you.

2. According to the books they do leave ashes and sometimes bones.

3. No one knows really but I always assumed it was Therese. It makes more sense to have the "sane" one create a crazy alter ego than vice versa.

4. It was either Lacroix or one of this lackeys.

5. It's not a Kuei-Jin at least. Maybe it's Lilith like some people seem to believe. Time will tell.

6. This is most likely due to The Withering. The Withering is a thing that happens at the end of time where stronger vampires lose their power while the weaker vampires gain it. This is also one of the reasons why thinbloods are so feared. Their weak blood will turn them into super-monsters when The Withering is in full effect. The Withering is canon and considering that VTMB 1 is the official prequel to the Gehenna timeline this makes a lot of sense.

There's also a competing theory supposedly based on a rumor that some of the developers originally planned to have Cain mess with your blood to make it stronger. However there is nothing ingame, hidden or otherwise that suggests this to be true. Except for perhaps that the player character has a blood pool of 15 which would make him generation 8. I don't buy this theory though as it seems to be such a stretch.

7. He was probably a mage from the Mage splat or a demon like entity from the Kuei-Jin rulebooks.

It might be because whatever this "Mass Embrace" is has earned you a lot of pity. They've said in interviews that your character is fairing much better than the rest of the Thinbloods, so there's probably something special about you and your situation. In fact, it seems like they might have you hunting down the other Thinbloods; Slug is a Thinblood for example.

Also, keep in mind that you don't stay a Thinblood forever in this game unless you choose so. At some point you get inducted into a proper clan, my guess is by beating one of the stock character models in a boss fight and Diablerizing them. At which point you can go to the character creation screen a second time and decide what your new vampire life is going to be like.

Someone fill me in on v5. I'm reading through an earlier book and listening to a podcast series about the first and second edition books. What's so drastically different about 5 that everyone seems to be upset about?

Isn't this that game where you can choose your pronounces as the main feature? I think they should kill themselves.

There some unique mechanics about drinking certain types of blood, humors iirc, and you need to cannibalize an older vampire to become part of that bloodline.

There are some sjwy characters in it as examples of npcs and there is a section where the writers tell nazis to fuck off. So whitewolf is advocating for the eradication of white people in some retarded /pol/acks eyes. Other than that I dm'ed a campaign of V5 and it was a fun and fast system. The character development was pretty deep but without becoming bloated.

The engine is UE4 by the way

>-Pretty glad guns and melee weapons have been made less important
I loved playing like I was in the Matrix movie and shooting the shit out of everyone in slo mo though.

You probably still can do this but now you have to pick up weapons on the go.
Besides I thought this only applied ranged weapons, do we know how they are going to handle melee weapons?
In the pnp rpg melee was more important than ranged as well.

>Every sabbath in the world moved to middle east trying to kill the antediluvians
>Disciplines got fucked hard, Obtenebration is a good example
>The pyramid was destroyed
>Gangrel aren't part of the Camarilla
>Some clans swapped disciplines
>Gehenna is just a cyclical event
>Week of nightmares never happened
>Thinblood got protean abilities

Attached: 1532874381100.jpg (736x807, 104K)

Meh, I liked carrying a couple of guns with me.

Melee weapons break, and you can apply some shit MMO-tier skin on them.

-Thinbloods can be from any clan. They're so far removed from the original vampire, Cain, that they have only very basic powers, are weaker than any generation above them, don't have the skills of whatever clan their Sire is from, and can't create any new vampires themselves. It basically doesn't matter which Clan their Sire was from; all Thinbloods are basically the same (except Nosferatus, who have all of the above limits AND look ugly as fuck). I think they're lower than 13th generation.
-Vampires can drink an older gen Vampire dry (though sometimes I read books saying you have to EAT the older Vampire) to gain their powers. This is called diablerie, and is seen as a huge taboo or sin within the Camarilla. Not all clans care though, and some particularly inhuman clans actually encourage it. In the first game, people guesses that LaCroix was going to do that to the Antediluvian (a 4th gen vampire from ancient times) in the sarcophagus to gain their power. This doesn't change your inherent clan, so LaCroix would have remained a Ventrue, but also had the powers or some of the powers of the Antediluvian.
-Because your main character is a Thinblood in the new game and has no strong characteristics or ties to a proper clan, if/when they drink an older generation vampire dry, they'll gain those characteristics and essentially be inducted into the clan.

From there they can "level up" normally through just aging and exercising their powers. Otherwise they're stuck in a Thinblood limbo where they'll never grow, and maybe even eventually die like a mostly regular human.

One of the problems with how the game show that though is that Thinbloods actually do have tonnes of new skills (like controlling bats, turning into fog, telekinesis) that are much more impressive than the skills of some of the other clans. Which seems like having your cake and eating it. Either Thinbloods are handicapped or not.

Attached: 20190615153531_1.jpg (1920x1080, 252K)

I want to bend her over.

>The Withering is a thing that happens at the end of time where stronger vampires lose their power while the weaker vampires gain it.
Withering affects all vampires. It just starts with the strong ones and then makes it's way down the generations. No vampire gains anything from it.

Yes, you're absolutely right. My bad.

1. Yeah. It's an act used to make people underestimate him and to lure information out of them.

2. A popular theory is that Grout faked his death. Prescience is a Malk trait, and an old fuck like Grout would be cunning. He most likely saw the Hunters coming, or even lured them there himself, and took advantage of the situation to remove himself as a visible player, so he could direct things more safely from behind the scenes. There's a good chance he's the anonymous emailer sending you hints through chess analogies, especially since a chess motiff is present at his mansion.

3. Therese. Killed daddy, and most likely killed Jeanette too in some weird, twisted version of jealousy.

4. LaCroix.

5. Not likely.

6. You're too strong. A popular explanation for the players ability to level up so quickly, and reach the high stats they do, is that Cain, or someone else extremely old and low gen, is basically buffing you up. The really old and low gen fucks can raise and lower your generation.

7. Cool Chinese demon yo.

I dunno man, it still needs a lot of work, and they don't have the same excuse Troika did.

>there is a section where the writers tell nazis to fuck off.
...wasn't there a big thing before about clans like the Tremere being in the SS though??? It seems a bit dumb to downplay your monsters from The World of DARKNESS being morally bankrupt. Like, I thought the general theme of the series was holding on to your humanity when everything around you is trying to turn you into a beast?

>>Every sabbath in the world moved to middle east trying to kill the antediluvians
Weird. So Mexico isn't a Sabbat city any more?

>>Disciplines got fucked hard, Obtenebration is a good example
Eh, I'd have to play that to see what difference it makes.

>>The pyramid was destroyed
Lame.

>>Gangrel aren't part of the Camarilla
I thought they were always Sabbat?

>>Some clans swapped disciplines
Again, would need to play to see how that works out.

>>Gehenna is just a cyclical event
>>Week of nightmares never happened
How so? Is it just a metaphor for the end of single human empires/ways of life? What sort of timescale are we talking about? Kinda shit if Gehenna is completely disarmed though.

>>Thinblood got protean abilities
This is actually really annoying. They shouldn't even be called THINbloods if they have abilities like that, or if all other clans don't also get those abilities.

OP game looks like shit.

Ok but if Therese killed his daddy then who is the bald guy in the Vtmb Trailer 2? It looked like his dad iirc?

And does the seer thinblood from Santa Monica Beach (the one that spoils you the game) get sired by Malkavian? cause she has insight? And if she does happen to diablerize a passing/weakened Ventrue or a Tremere, will she turn into one or will she turn into a Malkavian fully?

Didn't Gehenna got removed entirely?

>Gangrel aren't part of the Camarilla
That's not something V5 introduced. They were already out before.

>-Vampires can drink an older gen Vampire dry (though sometimes I read books saying you have to EAT the older Vampire) to gain their powers. This is called diablerie, and is seen as a huge taboo or sin within the Camarilla. Not all clans care though, and some particularly inhuman clans actually encourage it

Most vampires don't give a fuck tho. While the Camarilla has laws against it, it is only because it's controlled by old dudes who don't want to get the suck, and don't want their pawns running wild and gaining power left and right and collapsing the organisation through greedy infighting. A Camarilla elder would absolutely jump at the opportunity to diablerize someone older than them, provided they thought they could get away with it.

That goes for most vamps, actually, who aren't too wet behind the ears. Once you adjust to kindred life and get some experience and learn some unlife lessons, ideology and morals her Harder to hold on to, especially morals about not killing elders in a society where elders only view you as a pawn, and you have aæmost no way out to break the chain other than to eat the guy above you.

Of course, idealists exist, even among the old, but diablerie is one of those things that everyone kinda knows everyone else would do given the chance and an alibi, so so would you. Some clans breed more idealists, though. Tremere comes to mind, because it has a very clan first attitude.

>all this coping and bootlicking

Loving. Every. Laugh.

Can't wait for this shitshow to release.

Attached: 1337644563142.jpg (720x720, 97K)

We still have PDX demo. If the demo there is still a steaming pile of shit four months later, I'd say it's going to be shit no matter what.

Attached: 20190615153419_1.jpg (1920x1080, 352K)

Well not all the higher ups care either. Lacroix wanted to feed on the guy in the ankaran sarcophagus when he had the chance.

I like the expanded traversal options and the Condemned-like approach to combat, but the game just looks so bland right now. Cardboard characters, generic muddy "city at night" feel to the environment etc. If you showed me a screenshot from this, I probably wouldn't be able to tell you what AA UE4 game that is, it's so generic looking.
It's a good thing I didn't preorder (even though I really wanted to), if it ends up good, then great, I'll buy it immediately. Not very optimistic now.

Attached: 1536220741829.jpg (1280x1707, 352K)

Also why is the dancing animation for the new one so much worse than this one?

I don't mean the dance itself, I mean it looks like they just stuck in some raw ass mo cap and called it a day.

I dont know why you'd assume it was the same guy.

Tough to tell with the seer. Maybe she was a Malk. Maybe something else, and just happened to have fortune teller powers. Prescience is not exclusive to Malkavians, or even vampires, it is just a trait that is present in all Malkavians in some form. Not restricted to them. Maybe she wasn't a thinblood, just hanging out with them because she was manipulated to, or her prescience lead her there. It doesn't matter too much. If the prescience is a result of being a Malk, then it follows she is not a thinblood, and diablerize wouldn't suddenly make her of another clan.

Neither would a thinblood diablerizing someone from another clan really. It's not like you aren't of a clans bloodline if you are thinblood, you are just so powerless that you don't have any if their traits, flaws or powers. So all thinbloods are indistinguishable. Diablerizing someone of another clan than your site was from could potentially lead to you manifesting more powers and traits from your victims clan, than from your lineage, and thus you could potentially be mistaken for, and thus adopted by, another clan. I suppose.

That's what I write, my dude. Noone gives a fuck, except for making sure that those beneath you don't get any nasty ideas.

So which game is looking to be the best between this and The Outer Worlds? Neither looks very promising to me right now, but maybe the writing and quests can save at least one of them.

Attached: 1556787993005.jpg (654x655, 21K)

Don't know about you but I like the new one.

Attached: Takemenow.webm (1280x720, 968K)

its not grout sending the emails, it is maximillian, if you betray him he sends you a unhappy email.

Vampires gotta let loose that pent up frustration

If you haven't played The Final Nights, do it. It's been a pretty good experience so far.

Attached: 20190615161005_1.jpg (1920x1080, 454K)

Why are people hating VTMB2 now? The graphics look good and it seems faithful to the old one.

I think it's fine (the music sucks, but eh, maybe it's a placeholder), but the surrounding dead NPCs kill the scene completely. The original at least had NPCs sperg out just like the player character when on the dance floor.

Attached: 1555403791923.png (1000x1000, 627K)

Looks like shit, definitely a pirate for me

>Can't wait for this shitshow to release
It won't be anything interesting. Remember PoE2 or Torment? Everyone will just pretend it's never happened and go to suck off the new trendy shit at that moment.

>now
We just saw gameplay, that's why. I was excited for the game until I saw how it actually looks and plays, and that deflated by interest immediately. Sure, it doesn't release tomorrow, they have time for polish, but right now it looks janky and bland (the first one is whatever due to VTMB being janky as fuck too, but the latter is fucking unforgivable for a sequel to it).

The ign demo was pretty bad plus those animations are rough. I'm still gonna faith though

>The graphics look good

Attached: 1557782526593.jpg (380x380, 50K)

>Tremere
Apparently (don't know if this is still relevant) the Tremere came into being because a memebr of a cult call the Brotherhood of Hermes managed to capture a 3rd gen vampire, torture the secrets of vampirism out of him, had the vampire to sire him, then drank him dry, basically creating the clan through Diablerie. Then they went on to set up the Camarilla and handed it over to the Ventrue early on.

Which would be pretty funny if they really do end up being the more morally ideal today.

I don't remember any of the A Friend emails being angry with you if you betray Strauss. Source?

realistically how much can they improve what we've seen in 9 months?

Imagine if this ends up being worse than Vampyr.

Attached: SNOTK4LCTU6GDDRZTT6IKIMN6Q.jpg (1484x835, 96K)

What is that mod exactly?

I completely forgot about this game.

That's a given with Paradox.

Introduces 7 playable clans & bloodlines, replaces some of the music with Schaffer's unused tracks as well as the other club music. Reworked disciplines (Presence giving you feat bonus during dialogues for example), reworked inspection system where the items don't spawn if your inspection is low instead of losing highlight.
If you've played the game few times and want to try out new things, you can try this for a more fresh experience.

Attached: 20190615004703_1.jpg (1920x1080, 408K)

I REALLY hope there's some fucking goth music in there. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't...

While all that is true, if word gets to Camarilla higher ups that you commited diablerie, your ass is getting staked and left out for sunrise. At the end of the day the Camarilla pyramid scheme is just too effective for any kindred to have free reign over what they do.
Be it diablerie, embracing or any other thing not approved via Camarilla law it's pretty much a guarantee that someone with more influence than you will find out and snitch to the prince.

It looks fine
I just hope for the same level of hacking and airduct traversal

Yeah I know. But let's not call their motivation morally ideal. It's just that the clan is more insulated against members disobeying clan rules(all neonates have to drink the blood of the founding members, essentially putting them one step towards blood bounding from the get go, and since elders = clan in this case, tremere are predisposed to loyalty towards the clan), and because everyone involved knows that a big part of the Tremeres strenght is their unity (or at least, comparable unity). And thus it follows that a strong clan is also a means to the individuals self preservation.
Doesn't mean that they don't scheme internally, of course, but they are generally very loyal to the clan, and are also policed heavily. Being tight knit also means being closely scrutinized, so it's harder to get away with shit. And everyone answers back to the clan, runners are hunted down.

Diablerizing someone from another clan though? Possibly excusable if you cover your tracks and shit doesn't blow back to the clan, it doesn't ruin any clan plans (whether the offending individual was aware of them or not) and if you remove a troublesome opponent to the clan in the process. Yeah, then it's possible they look the other way, even if it is annoying when a pawn upgrades himself. Or maybe it just means an asset just got more valuable. All up to whoever knows what you've done. And in the tremere, someone knows.
And maybe, just maybe, they didn't just know. They also sanctioned it, ordered it, ir secretly manipulated it.

Morals? Nah. Maybe their own version of them, but certainly not what we would call moral motivations.

Wow!! Unfinished game looks unfinished!

Golly Gee Yea Forums sure is smart

Girl in red is also going nuts, get about 4 more npcs doing that and they'd pretty much nail the party feeling: handful of people actually dancing, while the vast majority just bounces and try to hold a conversation over the loud ass music.

Oh yes, but that doesn't mean a vampire won't want to try, if they think they can get away with it. Even if that belief is mistaken. Hell, even if you do get away with it, it is likely some old fuck somewhere set it up/allowed it to happen/didn't have you punished for blackmail purposes. In the jyhad, everyone is a pawn.

probably not much, there are just too many things here that need work and they most likely aren't even finished with the rest of the game, then there are some things that flat out can't be fixed like that skyrim compass and quest markers because the game is designed around that

also the devs are shit and paradox massive jews, don't expect it to look very different

they have 1 (one) year to go from what they showed to a polished, finished product. it's not happening.

Do Brian is Slugg as well? He has range

Attached: voices.png (997x1145, 177K)

looks like fucking shit tbqh
i didnt expect much but im still disappointed
they nailed environment art but everything else looks horrible
from combat, to animations, to character models, to character dialogue animations, to voice acting, to writing

>items don't spawn if your inspection is low
It all sounds good except for that!

user have you ever been to a club?
Most people dance like zombies there and are basically there to find someone to fuck.

Yeah, shit like that makes for good scenarios in the tabletop, like some Camarilla elder setting a rival up by having a party of higher gen kindred go after him, but as a result some of those kindred end up diablerizing said rival, giving him a new issue to deal with.
Hell, the beginning of VTMB is literally some dumb upstart thinking they could get away with embracing, thinking nobody in the Cam would find out.

Don't care when it's released so long as it's a polished game. That said, Rock Paper Shotgun lost all credibility to me when they let one of their own do a smearjob on Cyberpunk's most recent gameplay demo for clicks.

WAIT you can't play as the Nosferatu?

Except this is a video game.

>i-it's shit on purpose!
Never gets old.

Attached: 1553560883824.jpg (248x233, 9K)

When has an unofficial patch rebuilt an entire melee combat system?

Yes, it will also rewrite all the dialogues, put more options in them, replace all the original NPCs, improve graphics, cure cancer and make America great again.

The journalists seem hellbent to shit on CDPR no matter what they do. What's their problem?

To me it's obvious that they love drama and attention. Just like their target audience.

The character in the game had Thaumaturgy & Potence, maybe you were not a Thinblood in the demo. Potence & Thaumaturgy together doesn't make much sense either.

Looks dangerously bad. Well they have some times to fix it.

I guess she's either a very young or a very lame Tremere.

I'm still pissed off that you start as a thin blood and improvement comes through diablerie like an undead megaman

Attached: 1552702960166.png (858x612, 2.01M)

> like an undead megaman
How can you be mad when you put it like that?

Attached: 9mm vs 9mm.webm (1280x720, 2.63M)

It is lame. Who the fuck wants to plays as thinbloods? They are the lamest part of the Classic WOD. Even 13th generation fledglings are contractually obligated to shit on them.
And their portrayal in VTMB cements how lame they are.

The guy just missed every shot. You can see the bullets hitting the wall.

>I don't want it anymore.

Does anyone even care? I mean it's a video game, you WILL play it eventually. There's no escaping it, that annoying itch that you have to scratch will always appear, one way or another, you WILL play Bloodlines 2, and there is NOTHING you can do about it.

Accept your fate, Anonymous, for you are a slave to the digital realm, forever...

Attached: Technological Lich.png (900x1145, 2.51M)

I'm fine with it. Might be interesting from a RP angle

1. He's retarded but in this case he's acting because he's being coached to act that way. His "fake" retardation is bait and you bit it for Tung's gain.

The rest are pretty much answered by other anons so eh

5. Unlikely to be Xiao. Beckett's diary shows that B1 protag fucked them all over and burned the temple down
6. Could be your willpower, could be he botched his attempt.

>2
For gameplay reasons, vamps don't leave bodies, but otherwise they will leave a skeleton and ashes, if the vampire is old enough, even the bones turn to ash.

When a Malkavian reaches a certain age of unlife, they will completely, utterly, and entirely disappear from existence from the face of the Earth, and no one in Kindred society knows why, except maybe some Malks or even Malkav himself. SO yeah, Grout either got grabbed by Papa K, Malkav himself, or his delusional schizophrenia became worse, and went awol because of it. With Malks, it's tough to tell since their mental illness is made even worse if they used to have a mental illness before their embrace.

vtmb has the most obnoxious fanbase of any pc game and im not even bothering to look at this even though i liked the original because of how stupid you all are, well done Yea Forums

Tremere are the cutest clan and you should play one as your first Bloodlines 2 playthrough!
And yes they should delay it because realistically the game is going to flop hard if they don't

Attached: 1560287540840.jpg (1610x2000, 264K)

>Rock Paper Shotgun lost all credibility to me
They did that for you just now? Not John Walker being a faggot for the last 6 years straight with his dipshit articles?

>having to go meet some shady guy to buy a SPAS implies that he's gay
literally what??

Vampyr is on sale on GOG for $20. I know it's probably not going to be that good, but is it worth a play-through at least?

Attached: vampyr.jpg (310x163, 5K)

> for you are a slave to the digital realm, forever...

Correct, which is why my time will be spent slaving away over the 100k other games out there.

Attached: 1559524840017.png (497x576, 212K)

1. No, Knox only pretends to be retarded. There is a pretty nice clan-specific moment when you go to Tung afterwards as a Tremere and tell him that you've seen through Knox's bullshit. He gets really pissed that Tremere fledgling outsmarted him.
2. Vampires sometimes leave bones. It's inconsistent.
3. Therese. She created "Jeanette" - a slut - so she could cope with her father's sexual abuse.
4. Doesn't say, but I assumed it was La Croix.
5. No idea. Doubt it.
6. Either somebody (Caine) bumped the generation of the PC, the PC was a much higher generation than anybody anticipated and it took a while for the blood reach its full potential. Or La Croix was so distracted he botched his Dominate attempt.
Or the devs through away the rules - not for the first time - just to have a badass scene.
7. Mr Ox? Some assume he's a mage. Others that he's a demon - an oni most likely. He's is definately not human nor a vampire.

It's alright.

I thought Mr Ox was a Yama King

based.
the thing that pisses me off the most is that atrocious color palet. literall evry game nowadays has this washed up colors with 0 contrasts and to dark so they can hide the ugly parts. og vampire had atmosphere bcs of the colors. jst making evrything dark doesnt make it atmospheric. it makes it a soulless turd. colorwise it looks like the shitty new starwars jedi game and when i can say that, then you have failed. miserably.

Attached: 8b62408eb5292113a6693d7930de97f6.jpg (564x564, 69K)

i hope that this is the first MOD that comes out.
get these trannies out of my games. and send a fkn nuke to california. why hasnt the orange turd done anything to get this cesspool under controll...

seattle isn't in calfornia bud

I don't know why people are being so negative about this. It's as if they're forgetting what this is a fucking sequel to
> Graphics
Way better than the original
> Bugs/stability
Probably way better than the original even if they released it today
> Pronouns/(insert political controversy)
VTM has always been a liberal leaning franchise

Close enough. And it is as much a hive of scum and degeneracy as California.

>MILKTOAST
It's milquetoast, you fucking moron

>> Graphics
>Way better than the original

see

Attached: 1551572362185.jpg (650x689, 92K)

>Way better than the original
Unironically thus far the original VTMB has better looking character models and facial animations.

>goth
>in nonwhite 2k19

no fkn way

>VTM has always been a liberal leaning franchise
I hate that argument. Because VTM of old actually had a sense of self-awareness to it. They weren't pushing their political agendas the way V5 does. It was more of a political satire than a serious commentary on society. And you were allowed to form your own opinions without everybody screeching into your ear "Anarchs are a good underdog, Camarilla are a bad opressor". Because you are a vampire - mortal politics no longer concern you. Do you really think that 900+ primogen gives a fuck about the proper pronouns of some human?
And Bloodlines showcases that pretty well - the game makes a joke out of every political movement there is. There are jabs at Republicans as well as liberals - Damsel is a walking joke, a rebel without a cause, and a spoiled kid nobody takes seriously. Jack flat out says that unless you are some gay Toreador you shouldn't concern yourself with contemporary human politics.

depends on the degree of lobotomy you are suffering from.
writing is atrocious netflix original tier. pacing is terrible. characters are cardboards. but it depends on how much os a so(y)sumer you are. the lower your standarts the better obv. i dropped the game after 3-4 h. there were a few interresting things but i would not recommend this game to myself.

I think we've lost something in current years.
VtM is not fun without goth subculture. It's like WH40K without metalheads.

The tremere girl looks pretty goth. It doesn't seem as gothic as the first game but it's still there.

>regional differences mean different people
maybe one day you will have double digit iq to recognize basic patterns. when i say california i mean all of these cesspools. from torronto to seattle

Attached: 1557157743634.webm (584x620, 1.45M)

what a shitty way to try to save face lmao

if you play female and banged romero you are gay

Why are Yea Forums so mad about an unfinished game looking unfinished?

Attached: 1533040773753.png (580x640, 243K)

just presenting the idea to these so(y)lents at modern gaming companies that you basically have a personal slave/servant would rise their bloodpressure so high it would pump out of evry hole.

Attached: 5822087a64528cd285331f9ff253961a8f508f2e6392f72be31595e0fc71a8e5.png (600x575, 482K)

>implying there aren't cute nonwhite goth waifus

Attached: 1560480536497.jpg (640x960, 76K)

your father jizzed in your mouth while you were sleeping last night.

I think it was actually quite good. Power balancing was too inconsistent, though.

>Spend all your time making your game as woke as possible
>Plays and runs worse than the original

GET WOKE GO BROKE

doesn't matter; had sex

>2020 graphics
>2020 ventrue

Attached: bloodlines-2-clans-ventrue-900x506.jpg (900x506, 33K)

>goth
>non-white
does not compute
stop appropriating goth culture

OK Yea Forums just admit it was never going to live up to your expectations, and because it doesn't reaffirm you political and sociological beliefs you are just going to blame that.

uhhhh hmm
>implying there aren't cute nonwhite nu-voodoo (similar to goth, hereafter referred to as NUdoo) waifus*

dumb wh*te ass crackas didn't come up with goth, or emo or any of that sheet, you're delusional

Don't argue with obvious racists

das rite, time for us to dilate girls

>janky, babbys-first-game grade animations
>pop in of shit barely 20 feet in front of player
>combat looks like shit
This truly is a sequel to VTMB. I'd prefer it not be, and instead be a full re-do. I hope they at LEAST fix the pop in, combat can probably be fixed with mods.

>VTM has always been a liberal leaning franchise

For the last fucking time, stop confusing 00's irreverence for your modern preaching they aren't even remotely the same thing. Those games have about as much to do with politics as dynasty warriors does to historical accuracy.

Attached: petition.jpg (1920x1080, 151K)

acceptable.
i still want a cute goth waifu.

>voodoo
nothing to do with goth cult

REEE he isn't a racist so he must be something else I don't like at least I hope case I am shaking a non-racist is in MY SAFE SPACE with me

We're mad about a 9 months to go game looking 2 years to go.

Attached: 1536712937668.jpg (326x307, 17K)

tell that to the Samedi nerd

I voted Republican, once.

Hello, Yea Forums. Are you having a nice day? Well, he isn't.
This is Dominic. Dominic just had the worst night of his short-lived unlife. He was first turned into the thin blood in some mass embrace. Then, he got dragged to the court by some angry vampires and if that all wasn't bad enough... he got his head cut off by crazy guy with machete who wants to hold hands with people.
Say something nice to him to cheer him up.

Attached: Dominic.jpg (2560x1440, 1.31M)

No it's shit because of

you can't get more white than with goth or emo no matter how much you try. weltschmertz and byronic heroes, anyone?

I don't know anything about you Dominic, but I already like you more than Dale.

Thank you for proving my point.

There hadn't been a Republican president other than a Bush since Reagan in 1989
Really not an edgy joke in 2004 tbqh

I mean compared to the first one the gameplay doesn't seem like a giant leap. My biggest fear is that the main thing that kept the gaming going, it's charm and atmosphere, are going to be completely absent and if they are it'll be a disaster. I can personally excuse clunky gameplay so long as the game stays entertaining despite it (like the original did, for the most part. I think the original starts to fall apart at chinatown but I still enjoy the game)

I'm sure you were nice guy, Dominic.

I'm unaware of the Grout lives theory but I'd love to hear

Why did Dominic leave a body instead of turning to ash this is legitimately triggering my autism

Is Dale the new guy that gives you this whole spiel about vampires? Yeah, he's lame.
We went from based Jack to this guy. How the mighty have fallen.
The only reason I am remotely excited about this game is beacuse Elif is cute and I've never fucked a Tremere before.
Also, I have a soft spot for VtM, with it being my very first tabletop RPG I played as a kid. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

if you don't explicitly see him die in front of you it CLEARLY means the character has faked their death, try not to think about it too much.

I'm gonna enjoy your room

At least he didn't hang you on the Great Wheel.

Too thin of a thin blood? I don't know. I'm way more triggered at Grout's supposed corpse than some thin blood's body not disappearing. At least latter can somewhat be justified with whole thin blood case and him being way too high and closer to human. Nothing can justify the Grout, unless he's still alive.

SJW game. DOA.

Wasn't this the same thing with Slug? He also didn't turn into ash for some reason. I guess it is another of V5 dumb retcons or something.

Wait is it really that near?

Attached: 1558911098797.jpg (577x447, 65K)

This was also back in the day when the forces out against video games were the evangelicals, best represented by the republican party. So even if you were a conservative there was still a bit of catharsis in making fun of them because of that association. Plus things weren't remotely as divided then, back then making a jab at something wasn't like declaring a fucking fatwah against them.

Thin bloods still get ashed. Both in the tabletop books and even in the first game if you try to pick a fight with them.

Leave Dale alone

Attached: autism.jpg (944x986, 325K)

I think your new haircut that machete guy gave you is dope. However, I'm going to recommend it to my good old friend Dale as well. He needs it.

Attached: Jewfro.png (782x824, 308K)

>1. Was Knox really acting retarded? I know Bertram poached and coached him but is Knox's friendly attitude just an act? His smile.. unsettles me.

user, that's how people acted in the 90s, At least in the US. Everybody acted like a retarded chad. It was cool to be moronically insolent and in-your-face stupid

Yeah, Bloodlines got away with making fun of blacks , liberals, communists, republicans, asians, mentally insane, you name it, because it had this satirical approach to it that took a shot at everyone. And back in the day we all understood that this is just a videogame and nobody means anything by it. We were allowed to have fun. It wouldn't fly in this day and age where everybody is looking for outrage and twitter thought police is just waiting to write some inflammatory article about how "games are problematic".

How's the first Bloodlines? I never really got around to playing it.

>it's a pre-alpha build
Do you fucking retards even know what pre-alpha means?

Mutt.

>in the 90s
I still hit people with an AW GEEZE OH MAAAAAAAN pretty often tbqh

Where is that thing from?

Most of the vampires don't look as vampire-y in this game compared to the first one.

The official website. They've updated it after E3.

Attached: 102984721874.png (1866x786, 1.6M)

Great, its a cult classic for a reason and currently bestselling on GOG. Really though just play it

Yes we're all aware, the thing is it looks like its going to take them a hell of a lot longer than 9 months to get from pre-alpha to being release ready.

>not done by retards
Did we watch the same video?
Look at that retard barely able to walk up to those braindead npcs and punching them

Attached: 1556576327662.png (439x588, 404K)

>trying to explain away bad writing

>game was exposed as absolute garbage thanks to the gameplay demo
>Yea Forums still eats that shit up and continues to praise this trash like a good cuck
And here I thought shills on Yea Forums was just a meme.

It's your typical jab at the stereotypical, braindead, stoned out of his ass Californian. Like more retarded Bill and Ted.

So Dominic did get JUST'D by someone from Prince's side?

They played as Tremere did they not?
Also is she even referring to the same pyramid?
Not only is it a v5 thing but their clan description for Tremere on the game's site also mentioned the Pyramid no longer existing, they've been contradicting themselves on this and idrk whats going on

Why can't they ever demo anything with a mouse and keyboard? The combat was so disgusting to watch

I got a question about VTMB1:

The sarcophagus is obviously not what is giving everyone in the city a bad vibe. Is it Caine himself?

A clunky mess of a game with a phenomenal first half that is saved by charm and atmosphere. People in this thread shitting on combat seem to have forgotten what playing the first one felt like. Although I suppose I can understand their concern considering that they've had 14 years to think about how to improve it.

Well, this makes it clear that guy on the cover is either:
>Sheriff
>Justicar
>Hound for Cammies

Pretty much this.

Who the Hell bought the first game for its combat?

Attached: sweet_poe_by_sei_ey_dch5ink-fullview.jpg (900x1350, 210K)

Apparently Mitsoda ignores the V5 lore? Or something? Because honestly, Tremere without a Pyramid are like Nosferatu without ugliness or Gangrel without shapeshifting.

Even if they did the initial demo would still be played by some faggot trying to make everything look "scripted" with slow pans and even slower gameplay.

They dropped the pale skin. Better so now vamps can actually blend in society

Cheers, I might as well since I have the rest of the month off.

Attached: 1554637519921.jpg (626x667, 69K)

If you really want to know, massive spoilers below

its a bomb

Justicar would be cool. Especially because we didn't had any in the first game.

>He's not actually a vampire, he's just a bloodsucking baby dick eating jew
Now that's a game I'd buy.

OH MY GOD JC

Nigga at least in the first game I didn't teleport past people when I swung at them and bullets could hit people, I mean they didn't do any damage but at least they would hit.

from memory the only playthrough she mentions it is also where the guy uses a power that looks like thaumaturgy, might be remembering wrong

they mentioned those clan portraits are npcs (which makes sense considering biker man brujah punches the character in one of the trailers)

It's danger. A jack in the box. Don't open it.

Seriously, it's just a shitton on C4 ready to go off, courtesy of Jack. Anarchs have to take out the Prince somehow. You are just playing a bomb delivery service.

I can understand not following v5 but even bloodlines2.com says
>Tremere were not allowed in significant numbers throughout Seattle's history, though that has changed recently. After the fall of the Pyramid, Tremere have sought allies wherever they can find them, offering services and secrets that were once only kept to themselves. However, not all kindred in Seattle warmly welcome the warlocks into their city.

I'd honestly laugh my ass off if he's Sheriff. Mainly because Malkavians are hated in so-called Seattle. So having one as Sheriff would be ironic as fuck.
It'd be like Tzimisce Camarilla Prince.

What podcast?

Yes I realize I'm probably going to have to kill and eat my cute Tremere wife sadly, but sacrifices must be made.

or, in other words, a paradox game

Looks like absolute ass. I can tolerate a lot of jank but this is hard to stomach.

>trailer vs gameplay
yikes

Attached: combat.webm (1280x720, 2.51M)

>implying he isn't LARPing as a Toreador to hide his true nature

really not a fan of the weird sleeping dogs kung fu flips they have going on
seems really out of place in this game

this is what Yea Forums has been hyping up? HAHAHAHA

She's probably just a manipulative bitch who is using fake friendliness to get what she wants out of you. Kind of like every vampire in 1.

there's no way a pile of c4 is giving everyone a supernatural vibe across the city. everyone keeps talking about this weird ethereal feeling that started with the arrival of the sarcophagus but it can't be from a pile of bombs city wide

Here's the thing. I didn't see anything in the previews that looks like a deal breaker in any way.
I don't think that the game will be a blockbuster if it's released in the state that we were shown but I also don't think that a bloodlines fan has any reason to worry.
Crucify me if you think that I'm being too lenient with the developers but my expectations for a sequel to one of the most janky games of all time are pretty much met, for the moment.
All that needs to be done is to improve animations, sounds and AI. Art direction, visuals, voicework and quest design look good. Are these not the things the first game is remembered so fondly for after all?

Who says it has to be from the sarcophagus?

not v, trannys

the writing is bland and the characterization is laughable compared to the first one. if dale, the tremere girl and the nosferatu before slugg are anything to go by

>How can Caine "upgrade" my blood?

Attached: caine.jpg (500x663, 71K)

I'm hoping for justicar. We never had any in the game. However, I don't know if they would ever allow malk to either be justicar or sheriff for Seattle.

How's Vampyr and how does it compare to VtMB in terms of its story and overall writing? Gameplay can't possibly be worse, or can it?

Attached: combat2.webm (1280x720, 2.74M)

The cabbie that drives you through the city? That's Caine. Or a very powerful and very old Malkavian pretending to be Caine. That's where those vibes are coming from. Because the sacrophagus is nothing special. It's just a random Sumerian tomb Jack dug up for shits and giggles. Also the Gehenna is coming - so some Kindred might feel unease from that.

Disagree and not even sure what you mean by "bland".
Any examples?

I totally forgot that game even existed, it should mean something I guess.

>Gameplay can't possibly be worse
You're in for a fun time. It's unironically worse than VtmB in every aspect, and the writing is horrendous 90% of the time

Malks are hated in Seattle, but it's not impossible for one to rise in ranks like other kindred. It's just very rare that one manages to do it due to prejudice.

the pyramid still existed but the tip got smashed in by the second inquisition in prague.
Now it's pyramid loyalists, carna and goratrix heretics cold warring against each other to lead the clan but also co-operating to reclaim their shattered status in the camarilla

It's not that funny to imagine.
Malkavians in Seattle can have actual positions within Camarilla society, they just have harder time getting them compared to other clans due to prejudice that exists against them.
For sheriff, he'd only need of Prince to trust him. That's it.

At least it gives me hope that thanks to those shitty graphics, this game will run on my 4 year old laptop. Here's to hoping.

The Sheriff of LaCroix was a fucking nageloper from Bumfuck Nowhere, Africa. He couldn't even speak. So a Malkavian Sheriff is not that big of a stretch.

The Sabbat I read on wiki and other material differs greatly from the Sabbat in VTMB. What went wrong?

Attached: FalconPunch.webm (1920x1080, 2.58M)

can someone post the vtmb chart?

What do you think Wesp is going to pull out of his ass for his invitable VTMB2 plus patch?

Attached: 1537313770033.jpg (1134x703, 188K)

by bland i meant that they have no actual personality. virtually every npc in VTMB 1 had some degree of personality put into their dialogue that made it interesting to actually talk to them. go listen to the tremere lady talk for 3 minutes, then after that go listen to some dialogue from VTMB1, not even major characters like gary, lacroix, or jeanette, just a throwaway character like trip in santa monica.

its because those were the end days
Gehenna started months before the game even takes place, the world most likely ended or whatever the v5 retcon is very shortly after the game ends.

>Beretta
>Only 8 rounds in the mag
>Doesn't aim and makes it seem like the game won't even let you use the post and blades like you're supposed to.
>PC throws a perfectly good gun away like trash instead of reloading.

Attached: 1429563846029.png (497x732, 757K)

Will there even be Sabbat in VTMB2, due to V5 getting rid of them? I am still salty about them.
As for their portrayal in VTMB1 - you have to skim on something, and the game was already filled to the brim with references to WoD lore. So, they went with "always chaotice evil retard" so not to confuse the players even more.

The first game have dumb moves too tho
such as the knives and the swords

A year isn't necessary. If they wanted to push it until summer 2020 I'd be okay with that. The problems don't look major, like they could be resolved in a month or two of bugtesting and implementing fixes.

Shovelheads are a thing, and we don't get much deeper into their organization beyond meeting Andrei, so I think they do their job fine as vampire gang bangers.

Gib pale goth vampires back.

it is unfinished. it's pre-alpha.

It looks fine to me. I think the people shitting on it didn't play the first and were never the target audience to begin with.

That was the selling point of VTMB. Those characters felt alive and their dialogue sounded natural. Like it was written by someone who actually interacts with people.
Tremere lady in VTMB2 is just an NPC no 54. A cute one, but still. She doesn't have any interesting quirks, speech patterns or one-liners.
Even Strauss in the original was memorable, with how creepy he was. And how he danced around the issue that he is loyal to Camarilla, but not necessarily to the Prince.

>just walked into my local game shop to see if they have any VtM books
>see a Camarilla book
>mfw the price

Jesus fuck, and it wasn't even the core rulebook.

You know you're getting old when you feel nostalgia for early 2000s goth culture. It's a shame the game won't have anything like this in there: youtu.be/YCjvLe-xRTs

That being said, I do think goth is still a big thing. Loads of young people are into the occult/white geomatric shapes on black backgrounds, and the girls still know how to look cute. There's some instagram fashionista I keep getting recommended who has great outfits. The music tends to be a lot more trip-hoppy today though. Metal feels like it just really stagnated. Even black metal has had sort of cleaner sounding, more electronica sounds taking it to new places (whether you like that or not).

But fuck if I'll miss big boots and crunchy guitars.

Attached: goff.png (500x587, 236K)

>sebastian is actually related to dwayne, he's been keeping tabs on his real family making sure they're good at least financially

Cute!

Attached: New_Prince_Lacroix.jpg (1074x602, 165K)

Did you forget that we basically did have Tzimisce's cousin (Nagloper) as Sheriff in the first game? Clan... bloodline... all of that doesn't matter. Only thing you need to become a Sheriff is have Prince's trust. Therefore Baali Sheriff wouldn't be strange, let alone Malkavian one.

>not done by retards
False it's made by Retardera pedos

It's because writers don't learn from reading literature and meeting interesting people in their travels anymore. There are less interesting people in the world today, and they spend more time watching TV than reading. They have an extremely weak context to write from. I don't even blame the writers of this game, I blame the state of society in general.

yeah but it doesn't take you away out of combat and force switch your perspective to waste time on a 5 second animation unless you're stealth killing someone

They clearly have personality though. Maybe not as in your face as certain bloodlines NPCs like fat larry sure.
Let's compare Bertram Tung to the nossie behind the fence. What's the difference? Bertram has more lines, seeing as he's from a full game we've all played to death. In essence they both clearly come across as scheming, snarky and condescending towards your character.

Goths were fun. They kinda kept to themselves, bothered no one and played VtM on daily basis.
And they had some good fashion sense - girls especially. As a part metalhead, part goth I kinda miss those times. It were more innocent times where you could just be weird and this wasn't an immediate political statement.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZlKzlfqmzpQ
>live in urban decay and poverty
>pain and suffering all around you
>half of your relatives are probably active in some sort of underground subculture
>have to face and cope with death at a higher rate than your white friends
>music and fashion is less commercial because you're all too broke to not come up with your own styles using cheap shitty clothes
>your auntie is probably a Haitian necromancer

>implying being black isn't more goth

They don't even have to wear black because they're already black. Fuck, pic related was definitely violating the Masquerade.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 9K)

Gehenna did happen. Everybody saw a huge bat fuck fight a vampire on the top of the tallest building in the city lit up by helicopters. Then the building blowing up. I'm pretty sure people looked into it and found vampires out

>video person

>aæmost

???

>Literally doing the same choices as every other reviewer

>mfw I forgot my face

Anyone got any pdfs?

Attached: austin.gif (229x250, 1.62M)

why is he so charming bros??

Very charming indeed.

Attached: Sebastian_Nosferatu.png (1920x1080, 1.38M)

>not done by retards
Guy has to literally stand still to be able to turn the camera, makes combat look a lot worse than it probably is because he just walks straight forward past the NPCs and misses a lot of hits.
Is this the same guy that made that DOOM video?

>some sort of underground subculture
what did cuz mean by this?

Lads, I want an Assamite sheriff. Just have the prince pay him with some diablerie from time to time.

Also, do we have a name for the song that plays in the club?

Attached: Ur-Shulgi.png (1002x635, 1.26M)

I get that it's being played with a controller but the camera moves so fucking slow

>calls you teddy bear and adorable

Cute!!!!!

kek I just noticed does his shirt say "SEX LORD"?

theyre around, check tg

Eh, I knew PLENTY of goths and emos who were only doing it to be special. "Poser" was a word that was thrown around a lot for good reason. But genuine goths were great artists in their own right. I never went that hard in how I dressed as a teenager from a small town in Ireland, but I've been into gothy shit since I was really young. I guess a lot of the music and fashion wasn't my jam at the time, being more into 90s grunge and the new/numetal of the time than anything.
But I did then, and always will, fucking hate emo music. It adds such a limp, "complain and cry until someone else does something about it" element to goth. Like, goth could at least be angry or be about very outward expression, and even when it was about being sad, it wasn't about making OTHER people feel sad for you.

Recently, though it was after my time sorta, I was looking at those old werewolf kid videos and man did I feel guilty about all the shit I talked about them. They were cringe as fuck, but they really were just kids trying to make a subculture for themselves. They actually did have a more proactive goth spirit I think.

>somebody forgot who was sheriff in vtmb1
It's not hard to become sheriff. You only need to be Prince's favorite. You can be whatever clan/bloodline as such.
Anyway, I'm usre that cover guy is one of the hounds. He did spoke about certain list. That sounds more like hound (assassin) type of thing.

How do I get a big tiddied goth gf with pale skin and thicc thighs?
Is the goth era over? Did I miss my chance back when I was in high school?

sure*

I think the terrible controller FPS gameplay plus the small as fuck FOV gave me AIDS.

So, judging from the Tremere lady, I hope it's not the ancient "we don't know how to write women in an interesting way, so they have no personality whatsoever, while men have plenty of quirks" situation. Because they did a good job with that in VTM 1.

Yes you missed your chance
Everyone should have accepted them more when they were around, now we've lost a great thing.

>He did spoke about certain list. That sounds more like hound (assassin) type of thing.
user, that doesn't say a thing. It only tells us that he isn't random psycho who is killing people left and right, but someone whose job is to do it. Any vampire who is tasked with "cleaning up" those that breach The Masquerade has so-called list.

I took it more as a figure of speech. He was obviously tasked with killing Dominic, but not you. Hence his comment about you not being on his list.

This is some Vampyr level of quality...

But goths didn't care about being accepted. They were fine sticking to themselves. They had their own subculture, sometimes hung out with metalheads (a lot of metalheads had goth girlfriends back in the day - myself included) and punks and that was it. Sometimes they yelled at occasional poser or made fun of some emo guy and that was that. Compared to today's subcultures on twitter, goths were pretty comfy.

True, but he still gives me hound vibes the most. We already know that they're in this game and that we can join them.

Is Merc ever explicitly called LaCroix's ghoul? I have a hard time picturing it. Surely an egotistical Ventrue prince wouldn't bleed themselves for some street level goon.

Attached: 1559405697737.jpg (661x505, 57K)

maybe. if the character quality hasn't improved by the next demo though i'm definitely going to think this is gonna be one of those paradox cash grabs.

Gangs, illegal shit you have to keep DL. You always know someone who knows someone, via an underground network. Groups of people you're not really friends with but would unofficially do business with or help each other out, a la some vampire clan.

I mean, I know people who know people connected to Umbanda, Santaria and other folk-y, voodoo-y traditions. And if you want to do some of those rituals proper, you need to get less than legal substances. You need to know someone, for example, who can get you a rooster you can sacrifice, and you can hardly go to a pet shop or any old farm for that. And I'd imagine you're one less step removed from that if you're black.

Then there's obvious shit like drugs or hookers.

Basically, the stuff gangster rappers would make songs about was much more legit and grounded in actual darkness than a goth or metal band from the same period.
Obviously I'm stereotyping here. Most black people I know are uber-Christian Nigerians and every drug dealer or shady person I know is white Irish.

yeah

I dunno about street level, mercurio's a bit higher than that. Got a lot of contacts etc, definitely useful to have around
I wonder what that shit back in New York was about

>Umbanda, Santaria and other folk-y, voodoo-y traditions. And if you want to do some of those rituals proper, you need to get less than legal substances. You need to know someone, for example, who can get you a rooster you can sacrifice
crusade it
crusade all of it

wiki says so at least

Nope.
Mercurio says he doesn't see him.
But he could be getting any Camarilla vampire's blood.

Which reminds me, if a human drinks multiple vampire's blood, does he get bloodbound to all of them?

>seduce
Problematic

>intimidate
EXTREMELY problematic

>3. Jeanette. Therese is a personality that was possibly developed by her to cope with the fact that she was molested when she was younger.
Wrong. It's Therese. Even the game itself alluded on that clearly. WOD took the step further with 100% clearing up that Therese is the original personality and that Jeanette tulpa was created after Therese killed her mother in order to cope with everything.

Why is everyone pretending like the first game had some kind of incredible combat system. This looks fine.

>You need to know someone, for example, who can get you a rooster you can sacrifice
Wait, what?

looks as shit as it will be

the reason people are sperging over it is because these people have a background in fps games, it shouldn't be this shitty

I've tried searching for the song and cannot find any trace of it anywhere, seems like a new song Rik probably made for the game, which is a good sign as I kind of like it.
Someone asked RPS on their video but they just gave a retarded useless fucking meme "answer"

go back to your santaria closet Azealia goddamn it you're freaking out the normies again

I find it more weird that someone would want malkavian as their right hand.
Sure, their insight can be somewhat helpful to the prince (provided that they even can make any sense of them), but too many of them are retarded and not exactly the most trustworthy types.
It'd be like putting pitbull and the baby in the same room alone. No matter how trained said dog is, it'd be stupid to leave him alone with baby. Working with malkavians is basically like that.

>mfw opened it

Attached: 1549763631075.jpg (680x793, 41K)

You are posting in a thread filled with former goths and metalheads. Nobody's freaked out by it. It's cool, honestly.

Attached: 1559148386191.jpg (1260x727, 545K)

why would a vampire even need to do dumb meme backflips?
I know this shit is popular on TV right now, they do it all the time in DARDEVIL. But in real combat situation it's fucking stupid. No human would want to do this irl, let alone a vampire

>Haven
Vampire word for apartment kek

obviously not

Not ever malkavian is fishmalk your malk, or unstable like Therese/Jeanette.
Most of them have their madness under some degree of control. Even Therese had her retardation hidden from most people. So it's not like he's going to start babbling nonsense he hears in his head out loud for everyone to hear.

Attached: Aristotle_EV.png (309x600, 95K)

Afro-Carribean/central African traditions are the shit and you'll never feel more alive.

Also, there should be a vampire clan based around the Bizango.

Attached: voodoo market.jpg (1500x1000, 1.26M)

Personally I would definitely style on dumb Kine before killing them if I were to become a vampire.
Anyway it's just some optional move, you don't need to do it.

burn satanists at the stake

>you'll never feel more alive.
yeah until you get dragged down into hell lmao

I liked what I heard of the song as well. Kinda sad most people here didn't really like it

Black religions like to sacrifice animals. Shit like roosters, goats and some other animals. Where I live, they even make feasts for the gods and leave them on the streets(like you'll see a complete cooked seasoned chicken with rice and vegetables in the corner of a street along with cachaça, also if you kick it or defiled it your leg or arm will rot off so no one messes with it).
There's that cappadocian bloodline.

Looks bad. Really bad. Won't cop.

it's a one at a time thing

Nines and Jack's skin color disturbs me greatly, someone fix it.

you are quite edgy and very misguided

That's still risky because all of them can have lose their self-control at any given moment. Just look at said Therese/Jeanette. Then even Grout. They were more "functional" malkavians, yet all of them didn't keep their autism in check too well.
>Therese/Jeanette sperge out, revealing to you their identity that wasn't even that well hidden in the first place (both Tung and Beckett weren't that shocked about it). You can even have Therese kinda spoil you her retardation early on if you insult her and she goes FULL RETARD THAT IS TALKING NONSENSE!
>Grout was just lucky that nobody visited him enough to notice deranged bullshit he was doing.
Nah. If I was the prince, I'd trust baali way more with my ass than a malkavian.

repent

I guess its not dark and moody enough for people expecting more 2000s numetal goth but it reminds me of 80s when goth was poppier

>Black religions like to sacrifice animals
It's not just black religions, to be fair. It used to be super common across all religions. Bulls and goats/lambs were the go to sacrifices across Europe in pre-Christian times and soon after. Cat roasting (where you threw multiple live cats into a bit spit) was apparently something common as a celebration up until the late 1700s, particularly in France.

Fuck off Grunfeld. Vampire only in here.

Attached: Tyr_and_Fenrir.jpg (733x855, 89K)

Don't open it

Attached: ec5187db-a449-4f17-a5a6-2dabd1a22de0.png (399x418, 151K)

yes very neat deus vult and all that but there are better "people" to want to crucify champ

nailed the real problem and why vtmb2 is DOA.
most of the modern generation of gamers weren't alive/conscious in the 90s and won't even know what's wrong with wearing tight trouser or capri jeans like the fucking retards in the nu-club sequence

Any Seattle anons curious how close to reality it'll be? I hope they put Aurora strip because it's disgusting, underground haunted sewers, and Amazon. Imagine the amount of homeless you could feed on

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1900x1259, 341K)

This. Malkavians are way too unpredictable, even to themselves. Their madness can take control of them at any moment which might make them slip. Even the Malkavian with the biggest self-control (like Aristotle), risks the madness of their clan's curse.
Having Malkavian Sheriff would be the most unwise for the Prince in charge.

exlain this train of thought to me

The first game was unfinished garbage as well, that's part of what makes it great

I don't get this meme. What did you fags find so scary about this? I didn't even think of it until I saw you fags crying about in these threads.

>have been browsing all these threads telling me not to open it
>still opened it
I just wanted to be some kick ass higher vampire...

Attached: 1c38814d4332cb6240f97048ebc91d60.jpg (402x400, 21K)

they explicitly told you not to open it user

...I opened it.

Ha, jokes on you.
I gave it away to Strauss on my first playthrough like a good Tremere. He and Beckett were the only two vampires in the whole city that didn't try to fuck me over at some point.

imagine being such a retard that you take a taxi to a museum and act surprised when you see a model of a dinosaur lmao

He's just roleplaying as a fishmalk. Pay no mind.

>we've seen Malkavian Gary in the trailer...
>we've seen Nosferatu Sebastian in the demo...
>we've even seen Tremere Ciri...
>heard reporter Brian...
But when will we see Tremere Tung?

Attached: Tung.jpg (1280x720, 46K)

Him, Beckett, and Rosa were the only three*

that all depends on the derrangments of the malkavian.

I don't think a depressed malkavian would be a real danger (unless he had psychotic depression), at the same time he would probably be useless.
A vampire with an obsessive compulsive disorder would also be a reliable guy depending on the type of obesseion/compulsion he has (if his compulsion consists on stabbing someone that's trouble).
A vampire with a random phobia would also be useful unless you ask him to do something that might make him confront his phobia and then, he would probably just bail on you.

thats not how being malkavian works
its not just a LMAO here's a random mental illness from the list!
its its own seperate kind of madness

The Unofficial patch changes the location from which you get inside the museum
Normally you would sneak around trying not to get caught and eventually you see this face when trying to turn around a corner
The note that is next to the dinosaur is the kind of emotion that you can expect out of it

B-But the previous bloodlines looked like that goyim, stop having such high standards.

What's up with former nossies having long hair in this sequel?

Attached: Gary.png (1920x1080, 1013K)

It'd be cool if malks got some visual hallucinations

Attached: 60241228_105000707345266_3330763879583185552_n.jpg (1080x861, 69K)

If you were a perma bald guy, you'd let your hair grow too if you had a 2nd chance.

But didn't Jack send you an email warning you not to open it?
I think the sender was "a friend", so I'm not sure.

How has our favorite gangrel not been posted yet? Are you excited that Brian confirmed Rudi for bloodlines 2?

Attached: 1560541021965.png (1329x758, 261K)

its literally the first thing you see when you walk in the building stop exaggerating it
if you even entered from any other part of the building other than the normal vanilla entry point then you wouldn't even come across it because its some unattached hallway you literally never need to be after you get inside

>2019
>still can't beat source in facial animations

Because it makes them feel pretty.

Attached: 15504223831204.jpg (465x617, 99K)

Have the follow up to our fav kindred! I hope they give him proper representation

Attached: 1560541203601.png (1347x822, 260K)

its not him emailing you
its most likely Caine

I unironically lost my shit and don't want them to change the dance
This is hilarious and kind of fitting considering how bad the dancing was in Bloodlines 1
It's amusing and fun

as long as they still do the thing where everyone forms a weird circle around you and flails in sync with you then I'm all for it desu

Cute! I want Gary to teach me his dilation techniques!

Really makes me thonk... welp I guess I need to start a new game rn.

Imagine waking up and spending your whole day spamming the same images and threads over and over in a thread for a game you don't even like
What a miserable existence

That's not how it works!
Malk curse fucks you up x10 times more. You're going to hear voices. You're going to have hallucinations. You might even get illness of your Sire carried onto you.
It's not just: "I was depressed when I was alive, so that means I'll just be depressed in my unlife."
Not how it works! Your sanity will get fucked way more. Only a few Malkavians (Aristotle), have managed to keep their curse at bay. Even said Aristotle knows that he won't be able to keep it up forever because he feels like he's slipping into his clan's curse the more he tries to fight it.

Malkavians are unpredictable, even to themselves.

I know right! They all just need to have sex, read rudi's six books, and dilate!

ok princess we heard you the first 200 times but have fun

This character is so stupid.
He is a VAMPIRE. The fact you a homosexual stops being relevant, because vampires are asexual anyway, your religion stops mattering because the God cursed you anyway and racism and misogyny have no impact on vampires, because only thing that matters to them is the strength of their blood. Imagine a 13th gen vampire being sexist towars a 9 gen female vampire and how well this would turn out for him. And vice versa - 9 gen vampire is allowed to turn you into his personal chair and you'll be honored by the priveledge.
Vampires do not care about human issues. Previous VTM books hammered it home constantly.

I liked Antitribu better. Had the heavily modified companion mod where you can only have Heather or Yuki but you could fully sire either. Also I remember like half the clans in TFN were with a different mix of disciplines while all of the new clans in Antitribu had at least 1 unique discipline. Only big downside was all the additional combat they added for no fucking reason.

he doesn't care
don't fall for bait

...He's dead. That's not how it works. Sorry to break it for ya.

>He is a VAMPIRE. The fact you a homosexual stops being relevant, because vampires are asexual anyway, your religion stops mattering because the God cursed you anyway
Nice lorelet

A new player on the Kindred scene, Rudi commands an impressive following as an Anarch representative for the oppressed and repressed minorities in vampire society. Though his concerns extend to kine as well, his recent entry into Kindred existence has shown him that the fights mortals must undertake for equality are just as pressing for immortals. Rudi’s nightly life hasn’t changed much since the Embrace. He still makes his haven in Copenhagen, still hangs with the same friends, and still attends the same clubs. He has only expanded his concerns; in addition to advocating for fellow mortal minorities, he now champions Gangrel kept out of havens and feeding grounds by sprawl, stands up for female Kindred in cities run by traditionally misogynistic elders, and encourages the adoption of progressive norms over tradition wherever possible. Some might think Rudi’s combination of practicing Islam and unabashed queerness contradictory, but few challenge the “Bear Gangrel” with this notion. Fast becoming the animale du jour, Rudi wins fellow discontented Kindred over with his targeted approach against elitists and Camarilla hardliners. Some European Princes fear he will lead a crusade in years to come, in an attempt to level the establishment.

But it is unfinished user. It's in pre-alpha. And even then, it still manages to already some things better than the original. I'm not saying it will overall be better or more memorable, I'm just saying let's wait and see.

Attached: Lou3.jpg (1920x1080, 50K)

You never actually played on vanilla right?
The utility closet on that hallway has some keys that can get you inside one of the rooms that has all the security cameras

>drug dealers in Seattle have women guards and assault rifles
Jesus christ devs, how do you fuck up this badly?

>admits he's the person described in the vague post
Wow stop posting any time. Thanks in advance.

No thanks. I'm here to discuss bloodlines 2 unlike most of the bigots here complaining about how a game is going to be trash when all they've been shown an unfinished product. You may leave though and go to one of the three smash threads.I love Rudi!

my man
i knew there were kindred of taste in here

I guess drug dealers in Seattle are big on equal gender rights. Figures. Selling drugs to kids - fair game. Being sexist - unforgivable.
Some writers really need to get out of their bubble.

Okay, so how would you make Rudi an interesting, three dimensional character? What sort of ordeal could you put a Muslim bear-Gangrel Anarch uber-lefty through to give him depth or an interesting arch???

A body is a body and a gun is a gun
A dick or a vagina ain't gonna make your guns shoot faster

>pre-alpha
No.
>still manages to do some things better than the original
No.

Fuck off, shill-kun.

He is already perfect! He just needs to be there and everything will be kino

With him having a run-in with a Sabatt Black Hand.
20 years later Rudi still serves as a comfy chair for this 8th generation Tzimisce that he foolishly decided to lecture about trans tolerance and female rights.

"she will not do much anyway"
"just some sidequests maybe"
"based mitsoda will save us"

Attached: 22w.png (324x408, 130K)

I've been playing since release and yeah but if you entered from anywhere else then you're going to see the raptor model leaned up against the wall from about 30M away and if that startles you then you're either retarded or blind

I mean he knows how to drive a stick shift, I'm sure the internet isn't too far out of his grasp.

Okay, hater-senpai.

Attached: 1553553274202.png (690x707, 457K)

do you really not think there are women drug dealers
women are in gangs

he's already 10 dimensional

he really needs the attention, nobody responds to his Rudi threads.

kys shill retard

plus they serve as fun holes
can't really argue with that or be picky when you're a criminal

>if you get past her bitchy hyper-emotional exterior she's the nicest sweetest vamp in the world with strong ideals

Why is she so pure

This dude gets it
gang grrls always put out, they're valuable members of the clique.

I like Therese too. She's cute.

"women drug dealers" are the side bitches of the guy running the show.

come on user. nobody trusts a woman with an m4.

Therese is "Queen Bitch" though according to Vandal.

I thought it was confirmed that it was Caine who kept spamming your mailbox with the chess metaphors. So yeah, that may be him. Or Beckett. He also seemed to figure it out.

/thred.

Attached: goOVtKT.jpg (2170x3002, 889K)

Sorry, user. Not how it works. If you think that you can be a Malkavian whose bane is just being depressed, lying or having a random phobia... then, you're in for a wake-up call.
Malkavian curse is like a drug. It enhances your already existing issues while adding it's own on top of them. In some cases, you can even get the issue of your own Sire passed onto you. All of Malks are insane. The only difference is how mad are they, how they deal with their madness or cope with it. Some try to fight it by trying to keep their sanity as much as possible. Only Beckett's adoptive Sire ever managed to pull that one off without going batshit fast as Grout did. Those like Therese try to hide it. Others prefer to embrace their curse and they see it like a gift to be proud of instead. Like Gary Malkavian in the trailer. While others, like your PC in the first game, are just lost cause.
Therefore, depression won't be your only issue at the end of the day.

I always thought that an angry Anarch's concept of class and class warfare would change once almost all of the tools of oppression the average Marxist identifies once you become a vampire;

-don't need food because you can't eat any more
-don't need warmth because you won't die of cold
-don't need high end shelter because of the same above
-probably don't need much in the way of fresh clothes because you don't sweat or shit any more
-can't have a family
-need significantly less money because of all of this
-you've almost entirely left the economy and workforce because of this
-police aren't a threat any more because you're a super human
-you exist outside the existing class structures

-now you're in a new class structure between the clans, the generations and the Camarilla/Sabbat plotting, none/little of which revolves around economics or industry
-significantly reduced numbers of people to compete or ally with
-the most significant resource is human blood, which in turn comes from your previous world

And I'd imagine the most plentiful, easy-to-access supply of blood are the lower classes and the vulnerable. So maybe there's a debate as to whether you should almost literally eat the rich and risk retaliation, or suck it up and feed on the poor.

I thought you'd be pleased we could beat the shit outta women

not this time.

Attached: Bloodlines 2.jpg (1022x2048, 392K)

"Queen Bitches" are the best in bed. Don't you know?

*tools of oppression the average Marxist identifies disappear once you become a vampire

It's one of their responsibilities too if they're new
Put them on the pill and make sure they don't got any nasty STDs and force them to put out to prove their loyalty

I've personally known a girl irl that sold drugs herself and has been shot so I'm not gonna make assumptions desu

I don't really care
There was a mission to kill a stripper hunter in the first game anyways, its nothing new.

brujah are so stupid

Looks faithful to VTMB
Including and

Several warning signs:

>Nostalgia baiting
Obviosuly with a sequel you are going to get this, but for FUCK sake why is the newsguy who was on the local news in LA in 2004 now doing radio news in Seattle in 2019. There is absolutely no fucking reason, and the inclusion is a big ole red flag that in place of original ideas, they are going for reductive uncreative nostalgia hammering.

>The faces
WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR FACEEEEE

>The dialogue
Not a fucking lick on VTMB1. If this is indicative of the overall quality, certainly not buying this.

Overall: Jesus christ tier/10.

Alot of these problems aren't even from Hardsuit either, the writing and tone are ultimately down to mitsoda.

Attached: 1557346416862.png (486x474, 78K)

>>The faces
>WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR FACEEEEE
it's tired

>for FUCK sake why is the newsguy who was on the local news in LA in 2004 now doing radio news in Seattle in 2019
because the guy voicing and writing him literally wrote the game and has actually moved from California to Washington in the past 15 years irl
Literally as realistic as it gets because its the dude's actual life.

...wait, he's a Gangrel? But Gangrels famously don't give a fuck about politics, vampire or otherwise. That's their clan hat and that's why they left the Camarilla in Revised. Who came up with this retarded character?

I can’t imagine anyone who’s a fan of the first game cares too much about the jank. As long as the narrative is good I don’t really care, although that remains to be seen. Still, the freaking out about the combat is confusing, did any of you play VTMB?

Attached: 0DF43D27-3B34-4304-A448-61CCE81590D4.jpg (298x312, 32K)

>commentary

A woman.

>there is a section where the writers tell nazis to fuck off
Dropped, fuck this kike propaganda

I doubt anyone ITT is a OG VTM fan, they are oldfags to the extreme. Why would they still be on modern Yea Forums to discuss this.

No it was some dude. He based Rudi off of his black gay Muslim friend

>ahh ty also what email does grout send you?
None. Grout didn't use modern technology and the emails from "a friend" aren't from him. They're from the devs

But could you choose your pronounces in the original? Well, now you can! Feel stupid yet?

because we're hopeful for the second dipshit

Exactly what comes to mind when I saw the gameplay

good mod but guns are too much op

The combat looks really rough, and while the game looks down it looks like it's chugging an awful lot.

Also I hope they aren't finished implementing facial animations because they look like absolute dogshit. Definitely needs more time in the oven IMO.

(OP)
The combat looks really rough, and while the game looks good it looks like it's chugging an awful lot.

Also I hope they aren't finished implementing facial animations because they look like absolute dogshit. Definitely needs more time in the oven IMO.

I'm sorry my face is tired

Yeah I know Brian voices it, but people were anxious whether or not deb of night was going to be in. Having random anchorman be in is... well it doesn't speak to the games creativity. Like if it was just a very small reference, or maybe he pops up in a radio show for abit that would be fine. But having him be the radioman for VTMB2 is a major role, and really that position should be made by a new or unique character. Its lazy AF to just get the old character from 2004 to do the new one in 2020.

Kill me

Attached: 1558963747738.jpg (533x728, 101K)

Yes, but they won't. Also,
>>Melee weapons and Firearms are temporary pick-ups rather then stuff you can permanently collect and use as you deem fit
Yeah no, fuck this game. Props to them for making an effort to make the women in the game not ugly, but the above is still a dealbreaker for me.

Video games are ALL about hamhanded political messages now. These days, you can more or less call the main villain just by who's whitest.

lel, no

I don't find it that strange desu
Brian Jennings was an anchor for over 20 years at the same place, not like there's much reason for a career change.

Everyone, leave your retardation for /pol/ for a second and give me simple answer to simple question: Is Clan Quest worth the install?

Attached: 1543374354562.png (810x1212, 1.12M)

Narrative is what I am most concerned about. Haven't seen enough to form my opinion, but those articles about "VTMB2 writers taking political stances" raise some red flags. You can talk about politics - but as a writer you shouldn't ever take a political stance. That's the the viewer's/player's job.

Eh? A bit overdone for my taste. I am a much bigger fan of Camarilla Edition. More faithful to the plot and lore of the game.

But, do you remember Jack, and Jaenette, and the stop sign, and the severed arm, make sure to pre order the special edition for the nostalgic skins that you loved some much.

>Is Clan Quest worth the install?
I thought it was pretty fun, as long as you choose none of the other extra mods so it leaves the base game alone. The new hub/quests/voice actors are mostly decent.

>temporary pickup weapons that break after hitting something four times and evaporate if you leave the room
This has never been a good mechanic in ANY game. Ever. What the hell were they thinking?

I'm going to replay this shitty game just to prove you wrong, you literally get to see the raptor as you turn and there is no way to anticipate it unless you play with the unofficial patch

"realism"

No it doesn't have Rudi

yes you see it as you turn when you enter the building from the normal location in vanilla
its still just sitting there, you took a taxi to a fucking museum how can you possibly not expect something like this is the point.

Yes.
It adds a a lot of extra missions for both specific clans, as well as in general, and has a pretty good Sabbat route. It also reworks some of the Disciplines. Plus you can diablerize in this game if you join the Sabbat. But to do so, I advise you to peak a character with either Dominate or Dementation.

Attached: victoria2-fin.jpg (2893x4092, 1.41M)

Yeah, I know, I have to bring like fifteen different baseball bats ever time I play a game because they keep spontaneously combusting. It's really annoying.

It's decent if you wish for more content regarding Sabbat route in particular.

Have you listened to radio recently? people don't talk like they used to in the 90s anymore.
Everybody is talking with a very posed, monotone voice nowadays and not trying to be edgy.

>implying I'm not reinstalling right now
worry.jpg

Thanks. I was wondering how it is because I once installed Antitribu and didn't like the changes init much.
So was wondering if this was better in comparison.

But is 2019-2020, we cannot make the player feel uncomfortable, confuse or unhappy, we must punch up, don't worry, NPCs won't get mad at you if you failed a mission.

You don't bring weapons, you pick them on missions, and you can only have one at time, either a melee or a ranged weapon.

How is the combat no better than the first game and the facial animation and character art style worse?

Also dont know how i feel about the music either.

Will still be buying this unless it gets 4/10s, but im honestly not expecting this to be anything other than ok at this point. Just glad its being made to be honest.

I guess the demo made me realize I was rooting for a game taking place around goth culture/subculture with extremely well voiced characters and state-of-the-art facial animation, and I don't really care for the world of darkness setting being adapted to the current times while using puppet-looking animations during dialogs

This just reminds me of the goth kids dancing under the bridge.
This is fantastic.

>just glad paradox is shitting on the ip for a quick buck

Based.

For me, the combat, like in VTM1 isn't what is important. Its the dialogue, choices and general presentation of the story. If the animations are even remotely comparable to the quality we are seeing RN I am not buying this shit.

>shot someone in the head (first game)
>8 damages
why

You really need to stop thinking and just consume the product while waiting for the new one. It's not that hard, is it?

I got no clue about WoD/VtM either my friend. I just really liked the first game and this one seems to have none of the heart and soul.

Excited for next product. When can to consume?

>delay a year
That's a pre-alpha build. Game is probably much better now.

this is why you always take the meleepill

Is there a mod that make the game's combat more "stealthy"?

really hate I can't stealth kill everyone in the first mission.

>...wasn't there a big thing before about clans like the Tremere being in the SS though??? It seems a bit dumb to downplay your monsters from The World of DARKNESS being morally bankrupt. Like, I thought the general theme of the series was holding on to your humanity when everything around you is trying to turn you into a beast?
This, having such a random and dumb jab where it doesn't belong is just lame, are they gonna start making orange man references next?

Thanks for the apartment, Dominic.

>466566930
>old Yea Forums
>never pay more than 20$ for a computer game
>pre-orders are for retards
>nu vee
>slobbering over bullshots, prerendered gameplay, and pre order bonuses
>literally filled to the brim with shills and marketers

You can only get headshots on zombies and Ming. It's also like Morrowind with dicerolls.

You mean the astrolite mission? Why do you want to kill them all? My favourite part of it is sneaking in as a Nos, stealth killing the black leader guy, stealing the astrolite and leaving. There is something satisfying about watching all the guards freak out that something just killed their boss and they never saw how and when.

I don't think so
stealth killing is viable for most quests though all the way up until near the end when it becomes all mandatory combat

Why?

>ywn again play a game with goth kids dancing in a church and taking missions from rich assholes in 1990s LA

Attached: 1537209997151.jpg (1200x1200, 487K)

I just want some good urban supernatural dark fantasy game, personally, VTMB2 should have been in 2004 Silicon Valley, with the rise of tech companies, technocracy union exploring new *technologies against reality deviants, but is actually about werewolves and the wyrm.

Attached: Faction-Technocracy.png (200x186, 10K)

>vtmb will work in virtual reality and get a proper multiplayer mod so you can join all the other anons in doing the ISOLATED dance at some point

Attached: ISOLATED.webm (480x270, 140K)

Attached: 1554119911135.png (2048x1738, 1.3M)

You've never read V5, didn't you? That's just the tip of an iceberg. They are totally making "orange man bad" references. And then you have everyone's favourite special snowflake - Rudi. The gay muslim socialist vampire figthing misogyny and homophobia. Because vampire care about it now.

Off topic, but I feel personally attacked by this picture.

Well they get one chance, its not like if it turns out to be absolute dogshit i cant just boot up redemption or bloodlines again.

>trusting a little green spaceman to fix your problems
rookie mistake

Off yourself faggot

Attached: 1554120327335.png (555x555, 174K)

Honestly? I'm new to the series so I just started reading on it, yet to touch V5 stuff but that caught my attention

Mee too. I wanna laugh at tards who buy it.

>there is a section where the writers tell nazis to fuck off.
It was a message to players telling them that they don't have to tolerate other players using the setting as a mask to act out Nazi fantasies. If everyone in the group wants to play as vampire gestapo then one page in a book isn't going to stop them, the issue they were trying to address is that whenever you play an "evil" campaign in a tabletop rpg you often get one player who pushes everything too far and makes everyone else uncomfortable and then when you confront them about it they say dumb shit like "I thought we were supposed to be evil vampires, why does me trying to gruesomely murder jewish babies every 5 minutes trigger you so much, libtard"

>Rudi
Holy shit this reads like a parody

Rudi is great isn't he? I love Rudi!

>tl;dr always kill jewish babies with friends so you don't look like a weirdo loner

Stop responding him to him he's just baiting you
He's been saying the exact same shit for months

just GOTTA rebel and be people who hold on to human politics

Have fun then - VtM is a surpisingly comfy game, all things considered.
Honest opinion. If you are seriously thinking about getting into the nitty-gritty, don't bother with V5. It's shit and will just throw you off the game. If you wish to try out VtM tabletop, go with either VtM Revised or VtM 20th Anniversary books. They are the most popular and most consistent and the lore is pretty well explained there. Core books are pretty much all you need. I personally prefer VtM20 but that's my personal preference - both editions are good.

Absolute disaster. Just cancel the game at this point.

that's a non issue