Hunt Free Weekend

Whats your excuse for not purging the bayou this weekend?

Attached: Spookyniggas.png (940x528, 465K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n7GyLr7Cz2g
huntshowdown.com/roadmap
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Great atmosphere, great gun feel, great everything but gamemode, which completely ruins it.
>turn on shitty vision thingy
>sprint to clues
>do this 3 times
>run to bounty
>probably get into a fight with other players in some cramped space
>take the bounty and run if you didn't die
>run to the exit hoping other players aren't camping it all the while they can see you with their bullshit xray vision
Everything feels wasted, there's a tonne of cool locations but all you do is just run past them, grab the clue, and run to the bounty. The BR mode works unironically much better, since you have to explore places for guns.

This is why
>playing unoptimised perma early access trash

Attached: Capture.png (317x290, 7K)

Its pretty fun.
I only wish it was bigger and with 4 man teams to get the old left 4 dead team together.

Attached: HS_Assassin3.png (1920x2205, 3.29M)

Becasuse the last time it had a free weekend I couldn't get more than 30 FPS with my 1060 and I doubt they optimized it at all since then

if you mean like a year ago, it was really bad but its a lot better now

Everything this user says right here.

Why does every game these days have a zoomer ADHD detective mode?

Thanks for the heads up, I remember looking at a video on this ages ago and forgot about it completely. Not hot on Early Access, but it's a free weekend so fug it.

I love the game but it needs to be reworked.
Nothing interesting happens while finding clues.
The bosses are just camp fests, and I have 0 idea how people consistently fight other players with how much shit is on screen

Bounties are fucking boring too, has anyone ever died to a bounty directly? What I mean by directly is not because another team of players came in and shot you, or because you got blindsided by the bounty due to being on alert for other players? Doubt it, if it weren't for other players it'd be stupidly easy.

It's a bit of a disappointment considering the whole game is supposed to revolve around those bounties.

wow now I KNOW that BR is for retards, thx crytek

Ran pretty poorly back in 4.0 and actually worse enough than Tarkov for me to not want to play it at all. At least I usually get 60 FPS in EFT. Have they touched up optimization a good deal since then?

Thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=n7GyLr7Cz2g

I NEED to know if there is an FOV slider and an option to put the crosshair in the middle of the screen
last time I tried playing, none of those were a thing

>Dx11
>i5-6600
>12gb ram
>gtx 970
>not having any of these
18+ site

I already live there, user.

wasnt this game supposed to be a darksiders game initially?

Fuck, the crosshair being low of center was so god damn irritating.
>Yeah, people get very used to aiming with the center of their screen since that's what every other fucking game does. And headshots are really important in our game, so let's fuck with the aim of everyone who doesn't exclusively play our game.

Attached: 1554009500894.jpg (166x231, 6K)

Because my buddy and I got bored of it after literally never losing a match over the last year, so we moved on to Escape from Tarkov.

>Whats your excuse for not purging the bayou this weekend?
I'm doing that already

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20190520121548.jpg (1920x1080, 1.47M)

That's for a good reason, otherwise faggots stick some tape on the center of their screen and use that to aim without aiming.

>equp shotgun
>meet some fag with a pistol
>shoot him 4 times at about 10m
>he doesn't die
>he hits me twice with the pistol at the same range
>I die
Oh, it's one of those games.

Attached: 1542627717879.jpg (351x351, 21K)

No, I don't think you understand
the game has a crosshair but it's below the center of the screen
something Bungie does for console games
It's super fucking irritating to have to deal with it on PC

holy shit lol youre telling me you dont have a 970 in 2019?

Some idiot with tape on his screen is no different than having a crosshair. Are you high? Not to mention, they're still punishing people who are actually used to aiming and don't need to sharpie their fucking monitors.

>perma early access
The next step on the roadmap is the 1.0 release, though. They originally planned to be in Early Access for a year, and they're only off by a few months.

I wish this was the flow of the game. Every single time I play with my pal we desperately comb the countryside following humans, we don't even use the stupid vision. We straight up just run around following gunfire and counting bodies. Once eight people are dead we get both bounties and leave. If we die before that, oh well. We spend something like 4% of the game in firefights with players and the rest is the super boring PvE aspect.

I second that. Game needs something like an adventure mode or single player

>I NEED to know if there is an FOV slider
The PC version has an FOV slider.
>and an option to put the crosshair in the middle of the screen
The impression I got is that they wanted to prevent players being able to shoot out windows without exposing themselves or something along those lines. They apparently have no intention of changing it.

>They apparently have no intention of changing it.
welp guess I'm not getting the game then
fuck this console-tier bullshit

Didn't get along with my PC last Free Weekend and I can't be bothered installing it to see if it's better
I'll just try it on my Xbone X with the hour preview

Just bear in mind that the Xbox version is based on 5.0 instead of 6.0 like the PC version, so it's missing some of the recent overhauls. It's still a pretty good time, granted, but they haven't got the two versions parallel yet.

I don't get it, I played a few matches and was always getting some rewards for killing mobs and finding clues, but was getting killed by hunters
This time I didn't get the bounty but I survived to the end and extracted, killed a hunter and looted him for weapon and money, killed a lot of mobs, got a few clues, and got fucking NOTHING for the effort
not even the $50 I looted from the guy

The character perma death killed any excitement for this game I could have ever had. It looks and sounds great though, the night time atmosphere looks amazing.

game didn't fucking register my whole match apparently
fuck off crytek

I love nu-Resident Evil and this game has the same style and pacing in a fresh theme. The game mode sucks though. I want to take my time and explore since spending time in this game is amazing thanks to the atmosphere.

>first game
>pick up my first 3 clues and try shooting, its okay at best
>go to the spider
>A duo is camping there, kill them easier than the mobs in the game
>fight spider for 5 min
>some guy walks in and starts shooting me but misses every shit, kill him too
>get spider fetus
>run to a cart and escape
>0 items and XP rewarded for this shit
>uninstall

this game will die soon because of the retarded game mode

Its not that bad you dont really lose much for dying you can get tier1 hunters for free

>permadeath

It really isn't a big deal at all in this game. Money is trivial and characters with the same loadouts or better are common. You'll basically never be in a situation where you don't have the option or freedom to use the guns and gear you want and you'll almost certainly never run out of money. I have far more than I'll ever spend.

You can do that if you want just dont go for anything, kill some shit and extract. Doing bounties is basically optional

They did a major overhaul pass in 5.0 that downgraded the visuals a bit, and then they mostly restored the original quality without sacrificing quality in 6.0. The next step on the roadmap is the 1.0 release when it leaves Early Access. huntshowdown.com/roadmap

What I find a mite concerning is how features such as the shooting range and crafting are coming post 1.0. Those seem like things they should probably have nailed down at release.

I think it's the same shit that happened to me you can fuck shit up more than this

I think this is one of the few games that are genuinely better when playing with a friend.

True but I do enjoy my comfy solo runs where I play super slow and crouch through the swamps with a scoped sharps in complete silence

Most of these things are pretty standard and I'm honestly pretty surprised whenever I see a modern non-indie game that isn't over 30gb now a days.

sell me on this game. is it true you can give away your position by making crows flutter through the trees and stuff like that? what is it?

is it a team based hunt game with a boss in which you compete to hunt down a creature in an open map?

>Whats your excuse for not purging the bayou this weekend?

ahem

Attached: 220px-Bayou_Billy_box.jpg (220x310, 37K)

Yes, there are a number of environmental hazards that can give away your position like the crows if you get too close or make too much noise (ducks in the water, dying horses, dogs in cages that will bark, chickens in cages that will freak out, chimes/alarm traps). Gameplay wise it is like a battle royale where every player or duo are competing for the same objective of killing the boss monsters for bounties. If someone else kills the boss, you can still kill them and steal the bounty before they get go to the extraction points.

There is a timer however, or you die and you have to start anew. When first I started playing the game I thought there should be a more permanent world, and I still think so.

cool

so it has a stealth element too. sounds right up my alley. i'll wait til' it's actually finished.

Attached: Landocell.JPG.jpg (180x260, 12K)

pretty much what you said. though the boss is inside a building so it can be pretty aids once everyone knows where it is.

The sound design is pretty killer.

>The impression I got is that they wanted to prevent players being able to shoot out windows without exposing themselves or something along those lines.
Why not just lower the camera? Plenty of games have the camera below where it should be to line up with the head.

>Still no massive city map that encompasses most of the world
Dropped, uninstalled, refunded, burned, deleted, smashed, sliced, diced, shat on

Attached: 009.gif (450x402, 1.24M)

the base concept if pretty good though
the clue/bounty objectives, the map with environment stuff you have to watch out and having the risk of your character perma dying and losing stuff is nice, it gives tension
ofc ppl would just complain that they lost tons of progress or whatever due to some bullshit

how large are the maps? is it possible to sneak through without being detected at all?

sure, guns and everything are loud as fuck so you can use it to avoid ppl if you want, just watch out for crows and other animals or trash on the ground in buildings because they can give away your position
if someone is nearby ofc

>using a single barrel sawn-off shotgun from 10 meters away
You were asking to get fucked

Fairly large but only 10 players per match. It feels right for the game. You could, but at some point if you want to accomplish anything you'll probably have to fight. Also, high chance of you alerting at least a couple zombies along the way no matter how stealthy you are since they are all over. There are silenced weapons though so it is doable to keep quiet.

Maps are large, but you can run across them in 10 minutes. Carelessly running in this game will get you killed quickly though, enemies and other players will hear you and fuck your shit up. Even one zombie will fuck your shit up if your not careful

Which means that faggots who put a crosshair on their panel can't aim without holding RMB, and that's the point, you aren't supposed to be able to aim before you're actually aiming, the offset crosshair is there to slow the game down, same reason you need to hold RMB (and readying the gun takes a fraction of a second) to shoot at all. Then again people with tape could move it down, but sharpies are more common and I imagine people are less willing to put more than one mark. Also, shitty monitors with crosshairs inbuilt generally only have it on screen center, so they get fucked too.

Now that I think about it, it's probably more so that people can't pre-aim before their gun is out than anything else, I'm sure you can adjust to the offset but it's a lot harder than if it were in the center like every other game.
>they're still punishing people who are actually used to aiming and don't need to sharpie their fucking monitors.
That's the idea.

People who streamed this game complained about shotguns constantly so now it only works if you can poke them with the barrel.