So now that Nintendo is added to the list of developers influenced by RDR2 (CDPR, Kojima, Fromsoft)...

So now that Nintendo is added to the list of developers influenced by RDR2 (CDPR, Kojima, Fromsoft), is it safe to say that it was the most influential open world game of this gen?

Attached: 1560303345748.jpg (1439x1516, 570K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=irqi3wsdEUE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No

no, that would be RDR1 since RDR2 itself was influenced by it

Skyrim influenced BOTW 1 and tons of other open world games and games in general, so no.

Yes.

rip

Pretty much, yeah. But tendies won't admit it

Pastebin or screencap the full article you mega faggot.
How are we supposed to have a conversation about this topic when you posted no relevant info?
Go back.

>[Something] I did hear that a lot of people were playing was Red Dead Redemption 2,
He litearrly just said the younger devs were playing it. Fuck off you baiting manchild

cope

Attached: seething.png (701x744, 758K)

by doing what?
>CDPR
they literally did THE most influential open world game of this gen: Witchers 3.

Feels like the first one drew inspiration from Dragon's Dogma.

Fumito Ueda was inspired by Zelda to make Shadow of the Colossus.
Myiamoto became inspired by Shadow of the Colossus to make elements in Mario Galaxy. These things never goes just one way.

Post the article you faggot.
>but muh clickbait headline is all you need to know!

seething

>Nintendo/v/ spends month talking about how genre redefining BoTW was
>uses Todd Howard and Ubisoft as evidence of developers influenced by it
>ACTUALLY GOOD developers like Fromsoft/CDPR and even Nintendo themselves come out and admit that RDR2 is their influence
>no mentions of BoTW

Has Yea Forums ever been BTFO this hard before?

Attached: 1560377713455.gif (500x368, 2.97M)

Breath of the Wild was this generation, so maybe not.

Not this gen, despite its rereleases.

Even the almighty Nintendo bends a knee to Rockstar it's over

BotW influenced RDR2, and BotW was influenced by Skyrim, so technically...

RDR2 started development before Skyward Sword released

Sorry kiddo, but the big boy developers have spoken, and they agree RDR2 > BoTW

no it didnt

>BoTW influenced RDR2
[citation needed]

See and get fucked

The only thing I think BOTW2 should do from RDR2 is growable hair and different hairstyles.

I liked how in RDR2 Arthur has a default look when replaying missions or in promotional art, but you still had your own original version of Arthur. You had the freedom to grow out his hair, pomade it, or comb it in the other direction.

I don't want Link growing facial hair beards or anything like that. I just think it would be cool to have any hairstyle you want from the previous versions of Link without needing Amiibos.

Essentially how I would do it...
>Link and Zelda can grow out and cut hair.
>Link can ask Zelda (NPC) to cut his hair. >Potential minigame, depends if there's co-op or not.
>It would be cute to see Zelda's reaction and funny if you or Zelda messes up cutting each other's hair.
>Options like no Link Ponytail, Zelda hair down, Zelda accessories.

>Barber NPC that can cut your hair for Rupees.
>Barber can dye your hair.

Attached: zelda hair.jpg (960x732, 137K)

What IS there to be inspired by in RDR2? Please be as precise as possible.

Random encounters in RDR2 were pretty good.

I hope you can play as Zelda! She has cute hair!
I like her thick eyebrows a whole lot!

Attached: zant.jpg (168x200, 9K)

Literally the most lifelike open world ever designed

>precise

Its detail is ridiculous you can get raped by this dude in a shack in a random encounter and when you go back to camp Bill comments on it, there's hundreds of these things

When a Japanese dev says "inspired" it usually means "we played this overly popular game and felt that we could do better than this and are about to make a game that'll shit on it."

How can we be precise about that when they havent said themselves what aspects of the game they're inspired by

>Potential minigame, depends if there's co-op or not.
>It would be cute to see Zelda's reaction and funny if you or Zelda messes up cutting each other's hair.

Seeing them take car of each other would be cute as fuck. I also want to dress Zelda in skimpy clothing.

Attached: tumblr_psz4tph5hO1qep83so1_400.jpg (400x438, 62K)

wrong
both morrowind and BOTW are better on that point
RDR2 is bustling with "life" (as in, useless NPCs), but not "interesting life"

I don't quite understand how RDR2 was "influential". It's the same, generic Rockstar OW game with long horse riding scenes sprinkled in. There's nothing groundbreaking about RDR2.

>inspired by rdr2

OH NO NO NO NO NO....NO!

Did you really post that worthless soulfag opinion thinking anyone gives a shit

Encounters are good, meaningful encounters developing the world and its characters in interesting ways is better.

Morrowind isn't lifelike at all RDR2 has animal habitats setup and people programmed with their own routine
youtube.com/watch?v=irqi3wsdEUE

RDR1 was influenced by RDR2 though....RDR2 is prequel to 1...1 had to be influence...

I get what you're saying, it would be neat to have more customization for Link and Zelda, assuming she's a partner character throughout.
Also more AI and bigger towns, get Hyrule looking full, BotW felt empty

The user you're replying to clearly hasn't played the game, he's just parroting contrarian shit he's read on other threads

Rent free.

Attached: gif.gif (640x360, 2.64M)

I agree
>More enemies and variety to fill in the empty spots of the map, They need to give us a damn good reason to reuse the map. Shield surfing was an awesome mechanic for snow levels, but maybe late game it would nice to be able to fly. There's also so many locations that could be used for a diving mechanic. They need to completely overhaul combat.

I'd like to see if enemies like Bokoblins will ever evolve. BOTW they were kinda neanderthals, but maybe they have learned to wear armor and create their own villages like the Bulblin from Twilight Princess.

Hyrule might be saved from Calamity Ganon, but in the trailer it's already in the sky so I don't know if we'll get a lively Hyrule. The kingdom is cursed.

woah...mind blown bro