Kino for this feel?

kino for this feel?

Attached: images (19).jpg (640x409, 22K)

First 20-30 hours of Dragon's Dogma.

hate this shit, is frustrating as hell and usually is caused by poor world/level design

Morrowind

^
I just lose interest 1.5/4 into the game and never play it again. I can't get into metroidvanias.

user, are you new to metroidvanias? That's how they're meant to be.

depends
if "getting lost" means running aimlessly in a circle, then yes.
if "getting lost" means you go deeper and deeper into a path without knowing the way back and ending somewhere completely remote, then no. That can be a great experience and make finding the way back even more rewarding

You guys do know you get a upgrade to have a player tracker in the map right

Gothic 2 imo

tbqh i just like to google stuff when i play games like these

This game honestly made me feel like a retard. I'd be circling around the entire map, trying to figure out where to go.

>he bought the maps

Attached: D46B8C5E-2A4C-4C5B-A28D-BE16A6959171.gif (640x360, 439K)

>he bought the lantern

Attached: images (18).jpg (678x452, 15K)

i get frustrated almost everytime i play it coz of the limitation on fast travel, half of the areas dont even have trams or the stag dude

>mfw accidentally falling into deep nest VERY early in the game so I had to fight my way out of it
I'm surprised I didn't drop this shit when that happened. It was kind of nice in the end though, since i had the satisfaction of overcoming my failure

Attached: MJgT-O4x_400x400.jpg (400x400, 32K)

Isn't the lantern mandatory unless you sequence break through glitches?

Like, those moments are great. Getting lost in a "oh shit, I shouldn't be here" way is awesome. Looping around places repeatedly because you didn't realize you needed to take that extra left in that one hallway? Not so great.

It's weird too, because this generally doesn't happen to me when playing Metroidvania stuff. I kinda feel like it might be a lighting thing, and my brain isn't 100% registering what it should be registering?

I don't see how it would be mandatory. For what? You can just go through the darkness if you know the way. It'll be a major pain in the ass though, especially in Deepnest

Rain World when the rain is about to hit and you take a wrong turn.

Yume Nikki.

Arx Fatalis.

If anyone else has played it, I'm stuck at the very end and need help.

Some of the dark areas have those tax collectors things where you had to pay to open doors and grasshopper stations.You need the lantern to use them even if you know their exact spot.
But as I said, I'm not sure if that was mandatory in a glitchless run. I think one of the doors was.

youre retarded if you have it taking precious slots. if youre gonna use it equip it at a bench and by then you probably can tell where you are

oh ye shit you're right
I think you don't actually NEED to open any of them though. Just even more of a pain

You can bypass the one in Crystal Canyon for sure, can't think of any critical blocking in Deepnest either

>tfw when walking with my map open to the next screen

kino

i've been getting this in The Surge reccently, and not in a good way, game is trash, but until shadowbangers comes out i'm just playing whatever

Attached: 1452246241075.gif (309x174, 1.97M)

shadow of the colossus
>boot up game back in '07
>ride my horse in this empty af world
>surely something has to be there somewhere
>ride 30 more mins
>???
>think game disc is broken never played it ever since

HK is the 2nd "getting lost" you always somehow go deeper than intended and cant find your way back.

>he doesnt own a second monitor with a fullscreen image of the map and wiki open

Attached: antagonize.jpg (400x400, 24K)

I almost never have this problem
Meanwhile, I know a guy who got lost in FF8s Tomb of the Unknown King for 2 hours
its a fucking Circle inside another Circle

like how can you get lost haha just like visually picture your surroundings in your head hahaha fuckin memorize landmarks nigga

I'm extremely good at mental mapping, don't know why but I always know exactly the path I've taken and how it all connects. Pretty helpful in games like these.

>not playing these kinds of games blind

Attached: 1490287483966.png (243x190, 5K)

>being a wikinigger

Turok 2 Lair of the Blind Ones

OP, this, exploration in Rain World is stellar.

Attached: spiderpedes.gif (334x354, 3.32M)

>when the ball of spiders hits critical mass and the light no longer hold them at bay

Attached: nightcrawler.jpg (600x637, 43K)

have you got the webm with the scavvers getting FUCKED by the spiders?

this looks 2 spoopy 5 me

30-500 hours in and you know all the little hidey loot holes of bitterblack island

the "necessary" upgrades for knowing where you are in case you are bad at metroidvanias, which you definitely are, only take up two slots tops, giving you plenty of room for the other good upgrades like the dash and thorns one, and you only really need to switch them out for boss battles which always have benches nearby just for that.

>he didn't keep the compass on 24/7 to make boss fights harder
laughing @ u

Compass and magnet are the only acceptable charms. If you used anything else, you're a scrub and didn't truly beat the game

Not really

nvm found it

Attached: spiderpede.webm (960x540, 1.87M)