FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE DOLLARS!

>FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE DOLLARS!

How the fuck did they get away with it?

Attached: C0B4A217-63C4-4F3D-82F9-9E5F0A021D5E.jpg (425x282, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QflHRLW0Tz8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=l1vmrMAqeWM
youtube.com/watch?v=DfzThMe7bBM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They didn't. XBOX 360 kicked their asses that generation. Not to mention the Wii.

Blu ray player + PS2 BC + PS1 BC + HDMI + free online

They didn't though, it wasn't selling until the price drop.

>Implying the PS3 didn't get embarrassed at launch
Looking forward to next year's console shitshow.

It only does everything

>Europe got it almost a year later

I’m surprised this didn’t finish PlayStation all together

The console was a failure until they dropped the price by removing ps2 compatibility

+ wifi, xbox 360 didnt have fucking wifi until like 5 years after launch

Except

It was also the cheapest blu-ray player on the market

six hundred dollars ain't shit

Attached: file.jpg (600x400, 20K)

I only bought it for like £150 3 years later and even then only bought it for demon souls

I remember seeing something that they weren't even making a profit even if they sold one due to all the shit that was put inside it

The 360 won the generation
Few bought it before it got a price cut

360 ended in third place that gen tho. They had a great start but grew into the stagnant MS we know to this day

You have to realize the world is teeming with retards that will buy anything sony shits in their mouths.

They didn't. They lost to the Wii.

>that generation

Absolutely up until about 2009-10, but after that not at all. The Xbox division went all-in with the Kinect under Mattrick trying to chase the Wii's success and the brand to this day has never recovered from it.

youtube.com/watch?v=QflHRLW0Tz8

This

Honest question: How old are you?
Because back then a blue-ray player alone was almost that price.

Everything this man said still rings true today

Dear PlayStation, where'd all the titties go? And why do you keep pushing rainbows in my face?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

in a market where no one wanted blu ray, at a price point no one could justify

They didn't but they would nowadays in a time when people don't have any problem to spend $1000 in a phone.

The WiFi was absolute dogshit on the ps3 though plus the fact it was the first console to force you to install every game which took fucking days. Also I'm pretty sure you got one of these WiFi connectors free with the 360

Attached: 31ENXV6HcuL._SX425_.jpg (425x366, 10K)

these
i got one simply because my father wanted a BR player

OP here, I’m 26, I watched it live I just wanted to talk about the shitshow that was 2006 desu

They were marketing it to adults with jobs instead of children asking their parents for a present. I bought an audio received today for $1200 and I'm not bitching about it, and relatively speaking it does less for me than all the things the PS3 offered back when it was released.

Maybe not that many considering Trumps war on cheap chink phones

It's not hard when your console has no competition

It was a lot cheaper than other bluray players, so if you wanted bluray over HD you went for a PS3 in addition to it being a game console

it didn't though at the end of the cycle ps3, after pricecuts, outsold it, and then to finish off it ended with some real AAA titles that it immediately ported to ps4 cementing the sales for that console too.

>tfw you were lucky enough to watch this live

m.youtube.com/watch?v=l1vmrMAqeWM

Nu-Yea Forums will never know this feel

Attached: 910F2380-9686-4BCF-B497-95AF74E2F03E.jpg (480x360, 10K)

They didn't. They cut the price to $399 within six months of launch

This.
Halo and Gears of War absolutely destroyed Sony competition-wise. Microsoft had so much fucking money they literally turned down devs that wanted to make games and instead those devs went to Sony. Microsoft was what Google was to Apple back in the day as it's literally illegal to run a monopoly in the US. Large companies have to actively nerf themselves or buff their competition so they don't become monopolies.

Not really, the 360 even at its peak was still being outsold consistently by the Wii worldwide.

The seventh gen was actually a financial disaster for both Sony and Microsoft; the former lost billions on selling those George Foreman grills at a $300 loss for close to three years and the latter on just how prevalent the RRoD was.

meant for

>"""get away with it"""

Attached: 1557766942204.png (1155x722, 55K)

DAILY REMINDER THAT THE PS3 WAS OUTSELLING THE 360 OUTSIDE OF BURGERLAND DURING THE SO CALLED "NOGAEMS" YEARS.

>E3 will never be this much of a shitshow again

It’s a crying shame, companies are too self aware nowadays

Attached: 1104DA15-A274-498D-BD15-5A95E68EAC2A.jpg (433x427, 22K)

I don't think anything ever, or even will, came close to topping drunk Jamie Kennedy in 2007.

youtube.com/watch?v=DfzThMe7bBM

>Just want more Konami Conference-tier conferences.
>Get Just Dance dances, #Girlwood, and ironic jokes instead.
>We will never see barely-scripted events again where everyone acts like they're just making everything up as they go along.
I still love Tak Fuji thanks to that conference.

Attached: 1302868074625.png (441x354, 145K)

The wii was hardly a great console packed with great games. Outside Nintendo no developer could make a functional game for it, the online took about 4 years to get set up and even then it was the absolute worst version that either of the three made. Alot of the wiis sales where just for casuals picking up the wii and the free wii sports but beyond that it was most likely just thrown to the side and never looked at again by 90% of its player base

Microsoft made more money in their Xbox division than Sony, and Sony is mostly a gaming company while you know Microsoft does other stuff.
In 2016 Xbox profits were 8.7 billion. Even in 2018 Sony's entire profits from their whole company was 6.7 billion.
This is profit, not how much money they actually generated.

Honestly I think it’s because Japanese devs don’t really make an appearance at E3 like they used to and everything has moved to the Tokyo Game Show

E3 lost the jap wackiness it used to have

Think I can explain that
>Japs and their shitty moeshit games
>Yuros looking for free online to play their fifa or maddens
I mean it's not necessarily something to be proud off

I had to pay 70 dllrs for this piece of shit.
Good thing I was a dumb teen back then and didn't see it as a big scam.

And my point was that no one fucking wanted blu-ray yet. It doesn't matter how "cheap" the player is when it's still incredibly expensive and its main feature is something no one wants.

Don't forget your HD-DVD player with Peter Jackson's King Kong. That'll be $200USD plus tip :^)

Seriously though, did anyone actually know anyone who owned one of these?

Attached: 3837-1-1.jpg (500x330, 49K)

Yeah I knew one guy, literally never used it

I only saw them being sold in pawn shops. I always thought they were defective or something because of that so I never bothered.

Are you retarded?

Attached: 1553401064601.png (391x241, 21K)

>everything has moved to the Tokyo Game Show
This, D3 Publisher have better live stages than pretty much all E3 conferences. You can't beat people that understand the live audience comes first and ensures everyone is having fun.
>Stay for EDF part, end up watching the lewd game part because the MCs are having a blast on stage and have some fun live stuff happen(clothes explosions, sexy cosplays, live performances) for the audience.