Why does Nintendo keep fucking up Luigi's Mansion?

Nothing will beat the classic Gamecube title that many of us grew up with.. the 3DS game was absolutely soulless and the segmented levels made it feel like some shitty arcade game and I thought maybe it's just because it was a portable game, but boy was I wrong...

And here we are in 2019 with another LM game coming up and do we get a return to actual haunted house, spooky kino like the first game? Nah, here are your segmented levels, bro.. here are your generic ass ghosts actin' like fucking minions.

what the fuck is nintendo's problem?

Attached: luigi.jpg (1200x800, 202K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendoeverything.com/luigis-mansion-3-devs-on-how-the-hotel-concept-was-decided-on-what-makes-luigi-compelling-to-play-as-more/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

shut up nigger

you're a stupid bitch

There are portrait ghosts as well, y'know.

Wonder if he knows they’re not segmented.

Attached: 1630E6EF-F184-47C9-963A-D2042DE90EF4.jpg (541x451, 54K)

I'm only worried about length at the moment.

>Movie floor shown off during E3
>Begins and ends with the elevator
>Only 7 rooms (according to the map they showed)
>Ends with a boss fight

Attached: QF2Z1Z3.jpg (215x211, 7K)

LM3 looks amazing so far though

LM1 wasn't scary at all

the first game was perfect, but used up all ideas

Should we tell him?

why the hostility?

spooky, not scary... no one is going to get scared by Luigi's Mansion, but the atmosphere of the first was dark and spooky, not 'le ebin slapstick' of the 2nd one

LM3 looks incredibly charming thus far, I see nothing wrong here.

Because >Why does Nintendo keep fucking up Luigi's Mansion? and >soulless give off the same hostility.

Are you kidding me? Did you ever try to open the fake doors? It was goofy as hell. I would at least enjoy some of the dark moon dialogue in LM3.

>that many of us grew up with.
if you still play nintendo games that could not be more untrue

>Nah, here are your segmented levels,
Isn't it actually cohesive though?

have sex

nintendoeverything.com/luigis-mansion-3-devs-on-how-the-hotel-concept-was-decided-on-what-makes-luigi-compelling-to-play-as-more/

>How was the hotel concept decided on and what makes it distinct from past games in the series? How is the atmosphere important?

>T: With a hotel, it’s easy to envision how rooms are structured: they are lined up above, below, and beside each other. For instance, if you are in room 102, you would immediately know that room 202 was directly above you.

>In the beginning, we thought about focusing on puzzles that happened in rooms that were just next to each other, side by side. But by having rooms above and below, it kind of adds to the amount of stuff that we can do from a puzzle perspective. For example, if you see water dripping down from the floor above, the player will understand that they need to explore the room above them. It can be difficult to visualize a building’s layout in your head, so we felt the structure of a hotel would be easy to understand.

With even multi-floor puzzles to test your spatial awareness being confirmed, have you finally realized this will be adventure game kino?

each level is its own theme, they've already said this..

also

Take off your nostalgia goggles for a bit.
LM2 is a better game than LM, more content, more gameplay elements. LM is a barebones game, no pun intended.
> spooky kino
so you were a child when you played the first, you were easily impressed but not anymore, like i said take off your nostalgia goggles and you'll realize LM2 is as "spooky" as the first was. "goofy horror" would be a better term to describe them.

And each room had a theme in the original. What's the point here?

>but the atmosphere of the first was dark and spooky, not 'le ebin slapstick' of the 2nd one
Lmao, one ghost's attack pattern was literally throwing a banana peel for Luigi to slip on.

Dark Moon was an improvement in every single aspect. Go suck some cocks, fag.

LM1 ghosts weren't basically Minions.

try again

Why does everyone act like LM1 was some grand open-world game?
Yeah, two was more linear, but it's not like you had a lot of choice in what you did in 1.
3 is returning to the original style of less-linear, but still pretty linear.
Also, Dark Moon was still good regardless.
Also, portrait ghosts are coming back dunce.
>m-muh dark and spooky
Fuck off, it was literally darker, but it was NEVER scary.
If you want to complain, pick a game that doesn't look good.

>criticizing a commercial product is the same as insulting a person

weird justification

The thing about opening up the mansion and discovering places was very very satisfying even if the game was short. I'm very glad they're coming back to that.