Tyranny Thread

Did they purposefully make every faction as unlikable as possible so you're just more likely to hang them all out to dry?

Attached: tyranny.jpg (460x215, 69K)

Yeah, they really leaned heavily into the muh chowzen wun shit near the end. They could have easily just stuck to politics and escalated things through that, but no, had to go all generic.

For my first and only playthrough I went with the Disfavored because I like the idea of small cadres of elite soldiers. However, the fact that they were organized by bloodlines and familial ties blew. I think the writers wanted to make each faction with good qualities and bad qualities so that you aren't meant to favor any one in particular but that just meant they all sucked a bit more.

Don't forget, the writers for Tyranny are the lead writer for the Outer Worlds.

Attached: Kills-in-Shadow.jpg (600x600, 73K)

who wants to play a game named tranny? haha

From the get go I have just tried to perform my job in a professional manner and both factions act like retards, so I tell them off. Both the faction leaders act like retards, so I tell them off.

My character, in my mind, as two motivations:
>do my job
>acquire arcane knowledge

So I lean towards The Voices, but he doesn't want to share shit so he can go fuck himself.

Verse IS a GOOD Tyranny wife!

Attached: Verse.png (210x330, 40K)

I liked the crazy guy with the masks. I think I sacrificed some of my party members for him.

I've went to play this game about five times now and I've never made it past the first part where you choose to crucify that one guy. Don't know what it is about it that just doesn't hold my interest.

(She is! She is!)

I liked the Pillars games but this just did nothing for me. They completely failed on the concept they marketed where you're a cog in the machine. Instead you're the chosen one trying to take down le ebil lord. Very disappointing.

Yeah when I started the game I went through all her dialogue and tried to keep our partnership professional. Issue is the fucking madman with a mask is probably spying on me through her eyes. Only an idiot would tell her things or any actual secrets.

I agree OTHER Valerie user! It DOES require DLC BUT it IS good! Verse IS cute! (She is! She is!)

I was disappointed the story takes place where the dark lord has already conquered pretty much everything. I would have liked to have been there from the beginning helping him take over the world.

I think so, and that's what I did. I told the factions to go fuck themselves when I took the spire.

Was this game unfinished or something? It really feels like it.

uuuh they're all evil yes of course they're unlikeable

enjoyed this way more than poe at least this did something new

I don't know, I feel like the Disfavored was clearly favored. I wanted to like the Chorus, but they were just a bunch of savages controlled by a brain-eating schemer. Opposed to that Ashe's kids were disciplined soldiers you can entrust follow orders, or whatever you need to hold up an empire.

I fucking tried the same thing. It was the bloody selling point to me; you are not the chosen one, you are an enforcer of law and justice under an oppressive empire. I wanted to be Judge Dredd in bronze age.

However your only option to stay netural is to either tell both sides fuck off, making them enemies, or to fucking rebel, and become the fucking hero.
I am a bit pissed about that.

Yeah, I wanted to side with The Disfavored and ended up doing that, but I was really disappointed that he kept doing stupid shit just to spite the other people.

I've heard that the DLC fills up a lot of holes, so maybe it was rushed. Anyone can verify?
But even then, I think they were trying to bait a sequel. Since near the end, everybody I managed to speak with, goes Rebel brah, rebel! Come on! Do it!

I didn't play the DLC but it's set in the middle of the game, so it does not fix shit.

You can side with the Vendrien Guard and still stay loyal, you can also go completely independent and the game takes a completely different progression with Bleden Mark being your primary quest giver.

>I think the writers wanted to make each faction with good qualities and bad qualities so that you aren't meant to favor any one in particular
But if so, then where are the good qualities of the Chorus? They are chaotic stupid.

Nerat is significantly more competent than he lets on, most people never realize though because they completely missed all the hidden dialogue he has when you mouse over the text describing how he's twirling his staff.
Also you get what is objectively one of the best character endings when you have high loyalty with Lantry, then feed Lantry to Nerat, resulting in the Voices of Lantry, who founds a new school of sages primarily dedicated to creating new inks to get stoned af on.

this
best ending is where you fuck them all up

I did go independent, but that means that most of the time, the other two factions either attack you on sight, or refuse to cooperate with you, making most encounters a fight.

I'll probably try the guard if I ever play again, though Eb really got on my nerves. I spared her life after begging, stayed loyal, and yet every single dialogue line with her implyies that I am well on my way to rebellion.

Siding with the Vendrien Guard and staying loyal is probably the best path through the game in my opinion, it feels like the most complete. It's also great how you get to big brain everyone and show up Nerat and Ashe both.

I pirated this game and still felt like I should have had a refund.

Attached: hank just fuck up my life.jpg (500x508, 32K)

Kills-In-Shadows is a monster.

You gotta choose between ISIS or Nazis.
I chose myself
Combat was awful and the Color scheme was dogshit

I won't read the spoiler, but I'll try a Chorus walktrough then. Any build recommended or just ridiculously high lore?

>Did they purposefully make every faction as unlikable as possible
the females were in charge

Is it me, or Sirin is the most underused of the bunch?
>Verse and Barik are extensions of the main factions
>Kills-in-shadow has the whole tribal meeting, and can talked to many times
>Lantry can have an opinion on everything, and had interactions with the sages
I don't know much about Eb, aside from making me regret sparing her life. But Sirin at best tells you her sob-story then your interaction ends. She just follows you as walking party buff.

That's the gravest sin of this game. It had the opportunity to differentiate itself from other CRPGs where combat takes the main stage.

tyranny? more like tranny am I righ?

Is the game worth playing?

What do you mean by "worth?"
It is an okay CRPG that squanders lot of it's potential. Maybe pirate it.

Not really. It's better than PoE but that's not saying much.

No they aren't retard. Tyranny was Sawyer, Outer Worlds is written by someone else.