Bravely Default

Should I?

Attached: 53a5d1e5f1d516043769ea3d5d1d5d2267d4b729[1].jpg (616x353, 55K)

if you can get it for cheap its not bad, some of the classes are fun, the ending is absolute dogshit, if you get to the end, take the easy way and look up the true ending online

you'll want to kill yourself in the second half for how tedious it is, but if you can stick with it it's a pretty fun time. now fuck off before you get spoiled

there is a really tedious part before the true ending, the rest of the game including the true ending is fucking amazing, that is literally it, now like said, fuck off before you get spoiled

Whats the selling point of this game? Because what caught my attention was the art.

Chapter 8 is worth all the bullshit required from chapters 5-7

It's not even about the price, but rather the time you invest in the game.
Is it true that you can simply rush those chapters without literally having to repeat the same boss fights twice?

>if you can get it for cheap
The rom is free and worls in Citra. Just delete and redownload it whenever the 24 hours are about to run out.

The music
The plotwists
Ringabel
fLYING fAIRY
Job system is FF5's wet dream

that is the portrait art user. the story is a really nice creative take on the classic FF "4 warriors of light and a crystal", dialogue is genuinely funny, gameplay is also good, characters are very likeable and the story will fucking blow you away if you get invested in the world.

People like it because of the evil fairy.

I honestly didn't mind the last half of the game. Especially since it had the best optional boss fights in the game.

While most people say the second half of the game sucks, hence most of the posts here, I enjoyed it. The second half of the true ending is basically boss rush mode, with ever increasing difficulty of said boss fights. I still don't know why most people had such an issue with it. Yeah, it was a lot of tapping to get through the mostly re-hashed dialogue, but the boss fights more than easily made up for it.

As for a more full answer, yes, the game is nice if you like the genre.

Second is better.

you have a fairly decent amount of variety in how you want to build your party. there's quite a lot of classes that synergize with each other and finding your own favourite playstyle is the best part. otherwise, there's the story that's really good on paper, but in execution results in one of the worst mid-game sections in jrpg history. there's also the music that's amazing from beginning to end.
you can but without a good build you won't be able to beat the final boss

Chapter 5-6 are definitely annoying, but yeah, 7-8 are great for the boss fights. That fucking boss rush in central command was great

Is it a standalone or direct sequel?

Direct sequel. Gameplay is better, no doubt, and a few QoL changes. The atmosphere, world building, and music is far weaker though.

user seriously leave people have already discreetly posted spoilers, if you have any shred of desire for this game then actually leave immediately, this game is like my 2nd favorite game and I can tell you with absolute confidence that even though the gameplay is good, the story absolutely matters

Default probably has one of my favourite soundtracks in any game, and second’s was definitely not as good, but there were certainly a couple I still liked. The characters felt even weaker compared to the first (though Agnés was definitely qt as fuck in the second game)

No hate, I haven't played this game, but one of my friends said the story is more or less dogshit because the characters simply don't talk/explain things to each other, so the entire thing becomes a giant mess because of a forced miscommunication, the only way to actually move the plot forward. Is this true? I'd appreciate if you could avoid spoilers.

I can't beat Adventurer. He keeps randomly using Mass Strike twice in a row and insta winning whenever he's had enough

no

I barely even remember the second one. Legitimately the only thing I remember is the beginning with what's his face the main dude from the first being rescued after being revived, and near the ending where the console shows you in the portal because it was using the 3DS camera.

That's it, I remember nothing else. Though I have a vague impression of Ringabel being significantly more retarded for some reason.

You have to refight the same bosses repeatedly because instead of filling the game with actual content they decided to have a wacky story twist involving you going to alternate versions of the exact same world over and over and over again. Also the fairy is the bad guy.

I dunno, I loved everything about the game except for the plot. Like, even FFTA did it better and everyone complains about FFTA's plot.
Hurr durr we are cartoonishly evil villains killing random people for fun! Also don't destroy the crystals which is super important but not important enough to take a minute to explain to you and then repeat that umpteen times.

Can I use the fairy as a cocksleeve?

The combat system is an awesome stipulation to the classic turn based JRPG system

In this game you can "store" turns by Defaulting (guarding) and then unleash sick ass chains of big damage, multiole buffs/heals, etc. Also the character progression and job system is robust as fuck, you get to have main and sub jobs + passives/support abilities

You're friend is completely wrong. There are four times a certain group of people doesn't clearly convey something to the main character. If your friend payed a single ounce of attention to the story, he'd realize that that occurs for a very fucking obvious reason, It happens 4 times and is not perceivable, your friend was probably thinking "why wasn't this clearly explained" after beating the game, also no conflict or plot progression is birthed from this "miscommunication" so I don't know what the hell your friend is on about. Calling it the "driving force of the main story" is a childish exaggeration. Basically, pay a minimal amount of attention to the later parts of the game and you'll realize why. And its not like this is a viral complaint, when I looked up this topic to jog my memory, I literally only saw one reddit post listing it as a complaint, with it being explained in the same thread.

>final part is tedious
>all the bosses are completely remixed with new dialogue, new moves, and different party compositions too
It's like a hyper boss rush, I never really got the hate.

Attached: 1548397850210.png (222x227, 35K)

Job system + Brave/Default system that lets you take multiple turns at once or save them for later.

Thanks, mate. I really dislike misscomunnication as a plot device. Just seems cheap.

>He

I wish it was on PC. The designs are great and the battle system is fun but the game looks like dogshit on the 3DS

The boss rush also showed combinations that you can probably try out. Felt like the devs really hit it out there with that bit.