Why is this so hard to understand?

Square Enix is not charging you for a fraction of a game. The two-disc game released in March 2020, set entirely in Midgar, is a full-length RPG as long as any of their numbered titles.

Kitase:
>It will essentially be a full scale game for each part of the multi-part series. In XIII, each installment told the story from a different angle. It was kind of like approaching an unknown territory in a sense. Whereas with Final Fantasy VII Remake, we already have a preexisting story, so it wouldn’t really make sense if that isn’t encompassed in a multi-part series… So if we’re just looking at each of these parts, one part should be on par with the scale of one Final Fantasy XIII game.

Kotaku:
>The best way to describe the Final Fantasy VII remake is “fleshed out.” It’s like the PS1 version of Final Fantasy VII was an outline and this is the final paper. Whereas in the original game you’d see a few dialogue exchanges that were meant to broadly convey feelings—Jessie being flirty, Barret trying to convince Cloud that the environment is worth saving—here there are fleshed-out conversations, genuine personality, and dialogue with a surprising amount of warmth. There are some clunky lines in there, but it’s fun to watch.

FFVII was a 50 hour RPG. The first episode, set in Midgar, will also be about a 50 hour long RPG. We're getting a massively expanded FFVII, with more bosses, more story, more character development, more areas, more events. They're not ripping you off, they're giving you far more FFVII than you've ever had before.

Attached: 1E32D132-C27E-4797-848E-5EDED43593A0.jpg (1125x612, 439K)

>Square Enix is not charging you for a fraction of a game
Yes they are. Midgar is a fraction of the game Final Fantasy VII. They remade that fraction and are charging for it.

BotW is a fraction of the full BotW story.

>FFVII was a 50 hour RPG.

Based and truthpilled

Some people just won't understand until they play it.

>Midgar is a fraction of the game Final Fantasy VII
Ah yes, I remember the open world city in FF7 that took you 40 hours to explore.

BotW is shit, how is that an argument for FFVII?

Meaning people pay and shill for half complete games.

>open world city
Sounds like Final Fantasy VII: Ground Zeroes. Doubt it's going to take 40 hours. Every single shot in the trailer is an area from the original game. Which, by the way, looks fantastic, but this is a tiny part of a much larger game.

Your memory must be shit to think Final Fantasy VII had nothing in it besides Midgar.

You are not getting the complete FFVII narrative, from beginning to end, in the game that comes out in 2020. You ARE getting an RPG as long as the original FFVII.

It's a fraction in terms of narrative. It will not be a fraction in terms of length. Since you already know the narrative, what does it matter to you? Would you have preferred if Midgar was exactly the same size? I love the idea of playing a game set in Midgar that I get to fully explore like never before. I know where the story goes, so I'd rather they get deeper into the parts I love.

It's like finding out that a favourite book is getting a multi-season television adaptation instead of cramming it into a two hour movie.

I believe it. This also guarantees a bunch of shitty retcons though.

>games isn't released yet
>your whole argument is based on pre-release info being a lie
Well we don't know do we. They say it's 40 hours long, all I can do is go along with that information

Why the fuck would I want that, though? Literally every single part of the FFVII expanded universe is looked down upon, and there's a reason for it.

my favourite part in the original

Attached: dirtbike.png (1920x1080, 2.41M)

I forgot to say *sarcasm*, fellow redditor

who asked for them to stretch 4 hours of a beloved classic into a 40 hour standalone game thats the question
not what i signed up for. not what im interested in

>40 hours long,
no, they do not. .

Yeah like remember that time Cloud was riding on his motorcycle with Jesse in the original game?

Oh wait.

Attached: DD03FF22-C468-431F-A935-A815A531DDBF.jpg (1125x613, 514K)

Of course man, that was my favourite part!

pic related is my second favourite btw

Attached: Jessie_materia.png (1920x1080, 2.7M)

>Square Enix is not charging you for a fraction of a game
>You are not getting the complete FFVII narrative, from beginning to end, in the game that comes out in 2020.
>It's a fraction in terms of narrative.
Damn that was some fast backpeddling.

I actually went against the grain and said that making it episodic was a good idea in the beginning. That being said, having an entire game dedicated to JUST Midgar seems excessive. I don't care how "fleshed-out" it is, it just won't feel like a true FF without being able to visit different locales.

No, I just know what words mean and you don't, and I tried to demonstrate that I understand where you're coming from even though you're using words improperly, but you just had to be a little retarded fucker instead. Is a game the same thing as a narrative? No, it isn't. It's a complete game. It's a fraction of a narrative. You're for reasons that totally escape me equating a game with narrative, and suggesting that we're getting a fraction of a game, somehow.

It's not hard to understand what he's saying, you're either trolling or genuinely stupid. I'm guessing both.

>Since you already know the narrative
Do we though? We don't know what Nomura is going to change and what he's going to leave alone.

How are they going to pad out a four hour segment into a 40 hour game? It'll be a ten hour plot at the absolute most with an additional ten of sidequests.

It's a fraction of the total game they're remaking padded with shit that won't matter later

>It's like finding out that a favourite book is getting a multi-season television adaptation instead of cramming it into a two hour movie.
alternatively, it's the Hobbit being turned from a nice simple novel into a gigantic mess of setpieces and extraneous characters

i'm going to not care about any of this
then i will buy all 3+ episodes and the dlc as a bundle on sale on steam in 2040
then i win

God damn it Jessie is fucking perfect. I fucking hope she lives. I'm going to gondala ride her so hard on the date.

It'll be side quests, probably. From the looks of it, it's also ALL cutscenes; no traditional textboxes when you talk to someone. In tandem with Guard Scorpion being turned into a gigantic twenty minute boss fight, that's probably tripling the length of the original Midgar without adding anything.

Then you have dementors assaulting Aerith, the early appearance of Sephiroth, more AVALANCHE (let's be real here, they're literally only going to use Jessie from the looks of it), and you got a twenty five hour game.

guard scorpion: when the tutorial boss becomes the mid game climax boss

>50 hours rpg
>40 hours is grinding stats
>10 hours is cutscenes

So in other words the pacing will be shit.

>The first episode, set in Midgar, will also be about a 50 hour long RPG.
That sounds fucking horrible.

>1 hour stealth + chase sequence in the sewers by Aps

Attached: 3F30F6F2-0C33-442F-AE6F-D02020BBB36D.jpg (1200x718, 63K)

I love the midgar section of 7, I'll buy this, idk about the rest of it tho

>No advance limits
>No iconic summons
>No advance weapons/armors
>No yuffi,vincent or cid
FF7R goes full FFXIII

No way she lives fag

I hope she dies desu
I love Jessie but if they make the story overly sweet and dandy it will be a disappointment

She dies user.

Yes.

She's still alive after her death point in the original.

Biggs, Wedge and Jessie only have one destiny

Oh yeah, you can totally stretch out the sewers.

This is the worst tit armor I've ever seen. The fucking boobs are pointing in completely opposite directions.

It really puts things into perspective how games back then were so much bigger and better than nowadays games - that even having to "remake" it takes a gazillion years because of the sheer fucking scope of things.

I feel bad for zoomers, not having grown up playing the videogames of the golden era.

Attached: 1558779025248.png (746x508, 114K)

Can't wait for Part 2, where you spend 50 hours in a hotel room talking about Nibelheim.

oh dear god. you're right

>We're getting a massively expanded FFVII, with more bosses, more story, more character development, more areas, more events
So it's going to have a bunch of garbage fanfic tier shit like Advent Children and Crisis Core. Fuck this shit and fuck Yea Forums for actually defending it.

this

Leave it to Square to fuck up the unfuckable.

FFVII Part 8: Costa del Sol

Attached: 87E5D7F5-E943-4866-990B-1936E9CC90E5.png (600x450, 404K)

>Why is it so hard to understand
Because Midgar was a 5 hour moment in a 60 hour game
How the fuck are people supposed to imagine streching those 5 hours to full length game is going to pan out

It's because for game companies to peddle their shit to the masses they have to have the most cutting edge realistic graphics they can muster.

I would have preferred if they had just re-textured the original game, with clearer backgrounds and maybe some new lighting. That would have been fine. But that's not what normalfags want.

I can't wait for Midgar to be "fleshed out" with Advent Children/Dirge of Cerberus level fanfiction.

>We are taking about section and padding and bloating it to a 30 hour RPG. Now give us 60 dollars goy.
You lot are retarded to fall for for this

If you don't like it just wait 5 years, they'll be more parts and part 1 will be dirt cheap

fuck you

Can't wait to see Hojo lounging on the beach in full lab attire in HD.

>She's still alive after her death

Attached: 1554443674668.png (245x337, 135K)

The problem nowadays is that everything needs to have the most over the top production in terms of graphics and sound
Nowadays games are either AAA bloated messes that need to make 1 billion to break even or indie shit made by 3 people in a garage.
There is no middle ground anymore where you can make something medium sized with 30-50 people and make a decent profit, same shit is happening to the movie industry

I have a hard time seeing that ever happening since Nomura is going full gridmark reality.

FF7 only gets good after you leave Midgar why would I want a shitty game that cages me in the whole time instead of getting the reveal of the world outside?

You just got to believe.

Only because they lacked detail. I can write down "the city was 5000 square miles" and you can use your imagination to picture that, but that doesn't mean I demonstrated incredible scope. By the same token, FFVII's Midgar is a couple dozen pre-rendered screens, not a believably depicted city of a million people. We didn't necessarily have it better by being given less and having to use our imaginations to fill in the blanks. We didn't necessarily have it worse either, but the original game's still there for us to play.

For me, FFVII was a great story when I played it as a kid but I'm older now and I get my great stories from literature, a medium better suited to that. I feel like video games are better at just giving us spaces to explore and immerse ourselves in, and Midgar is one of the best spaces in gaming history.

Any of you guys played FFXIII and it's sequels?
How do they handle progression?
Does your shit get saved for the next one or you pretty much have to start over from 0 for each new entry?

Itsuki is fat

No, they'll never understand. They'll always be like this even if it turns out the Remake has more new stuff than old stuff.

Everything is a fraction of a story. This entire thread and everyone in it myself included is retarded for participating in this conversation.

> why didn't ff7 start at the beginning of the universe they never told us the whole story that's a rip off
> omg why didn't this game include the story from point x to point y and only point w to point x it's a rip off

It's X hours of entertainment you are paying for (and you define what you are okay with) not what years the story in the game spans you absolute retards

go fuck yourself, i wish i could spit in your fuckin face

I'm buying this because my wife, Tifa, told me to

Okay shills listen to me, why are you trusting every word from square? After EVERYTHING they have done? They don't deserve trust

Attached: 1461184475290.png (852x442, 355K)

The problem is that the story doesn't progress enough for this part of the game to take up 50 hours of playtime. It's like adding those shitty anime fillers to pad out the plot which ruins the pacing and the anime itself.

The only thing they can possibly add to make it a 50 hour game is filler, and that right there is a recipe for disaster

This is word for word the same shit people said about Ground Zeroes. Fuck off stupid faggot. Kill all trannies

why not just make a new game

OP here and I agree with you and I hate myself. I only posted it because I'm autistic and infuriated on a daily basis by people not understanding this is a game that offers a reasonable number of hours of entertainment for the price point, and that Square Enix is not charging $50 for a 4 hour game.

They've gone on record saying it's a proper self-contained story with a beginning, middle and end too, which y'know, we'll see, but I at least understand the story is the story they out out, and we happen to know there's more to it but that's just like knowing there's a second Harry Potter movie after the first one.

The whole appeal of FF7 was realising the world is bigger than Midgar, now they're just trapping us in there.

Attached: 2629461-3816462076-PNBA4.jpg (480x480, 59K)

>Kill all trannies
RIP :(

Attached: 29039F82-47DF-4CB0-98AA-76DCA6837DA7.jpg (640x480, 147K)

noone asked for this though. fucking square. they had us all along. telling in old interviews they know people just want the basic game in a new engine.. and now this. just fucking burn this madmen down already.

Isn't the second game focused on Lightning's sister who wasn't a playable character in the first?

Part of FF7's charm is how simple and minimal it is. The ending is a really good example of this. It's a type of ending you don't see often in AAA video games. It's a beautiful ending (one ruined by sequels) that works because it's so simple.

If you pad FF7 to death then are you even really looking at FF7 at all

open world is garbage

>let's make an entirely different game built around VII's first 2-3 hours and call it a Remake
That's where they fucked up. You go too far and you don't know what you are making anymore.
How much of this is going to be OC fanfic crap like Dirge of Cerberus and Gackt's pretty boy adventures?

It sounds way too bloated. The original FF7 only took 20-25h to beat, and it was fine.

this guy gets it

I think the most important question is will she appear?

Attached: BCFFVII-Cissnei.jpg (476x785, 141K)

This. They might add a bunch of shitty sidequests on par with FFXV’s barebones quests. If not, hey might add a shitton of new story stuff. And going by some of the nonsense they added in 7’s compilation, I doubt they’ll pull that off well.

>modern TV shows get released in complete seasons that you can watch in one go
>modern video games get released in chapters over the course of months or years
What the fuck happened?

TV production got cheaper, vidya production is now more expensive than movies

this is the most autistic response to the OP imaginably. It's like you didn't even read what he posted.

nice compromising, user

They're all separate games with different battle systems and different playable characters.

Sure you can call it a full game if you want but it's still a fraction of the game FF7, why is this so hard to understand? Me and everyone I know are just going to skip it until every part is out and then buy it in the inevitable bundle it comes in.

>>FFVII was a 50 hour RPG. The first episode, set in Midgar, will also be about a 50 hour long RPG. We're getting a massively expanded FFVII, with more bosses, more story, more character development, more areas, more events. They're not ripping you off, they're giving you far more FFVII than you've ever had before.

That's a very optimistic prediction.

I understand that, it's like waiting for every season of a television show to be released before you start watching it.

I could see some pretty cool sidequests. Shit that truly makes AVALANCHE a thorn in Shinra's side.

>Missions where you fuck with all the executives somehow. Possibly somethign that establishes Scarlet's disgust and hatred of Tifa sooner.
>Various secondary Hojo labs throughou Midgar filled with body horror abominations: Possibly finding Nanaki much earlier in one of these before being recaptured along with Aerith to recreate the scene in his main lab, but with a different spin.
>Could easily work Yuffie in earlier in Midgar, since her original recruitment was just some optional romp in a random forest. Could easily include her as a party member to round it out at six. Have her be a materia thief in Midgar instead that primarily targets Shinra operations, catching Barret's eye and wanting to recruit her. Still fits Yuffie's storyline and personality while fleshing her out.

Shit like that.

That'd be pretty cool

You are aware we call this kind of expanding FILLER, right?

fanfiction. i see.

>filler created by the original writers

The fuck else did you think they were going to fill the game with?

There is a vocal minority of Square Enix haters that just spam how much they hate everything the company does, no matter how much SE bends over backwards to give us everything we could ask for. They are insatiable, nothing will ever be good enough for them. They haven't liked a Final Fantasy game in 20 years and yet for some reason they still persist and ruin everyone else's experience and shittalk the series in every single thread on the Internet. In their mind, Square Bad because they aren't just making Final Fantasy 6 over and over and over and over again.

So we are paying for filler. Gatcha.

I look forward to playing the game and seeing a fully realized Midgar.

I think Aerith and Tifa both look lovely and have no complaints about how either look.

I think the combat looks fun and I can't wait to play it.

I like the idea of expanding Midgar because it was one of my favorite parts of the game.

Filler isn't just an anime term, user.

sh-shut up, go back to Yea Forums

Writers do this all the time. I know this board's main reference point is anime and not literature, and the former's totally known for filler, but look at books: Arthur C Clarke's short story "The Sentinel" was expanded into the full-length 2001: A Space Odyssey. No one would say he padded it out with filler to get there.

It's the original writers expanding on ideas they had two decades ago. It could be bad, sure, maybe they have nothing new or interesting to say...but maybe they do!

>every season
No more like every episode of a single season.
People know what FF7 is meant to be. They've played it. So when you say "hey we're only including the tutorial region" people inevitably tell you to go fuck yourself since they don't want to play the tutorial region even if it's chock full of filler they want the entire game. You can't hide and say they will because that's disingenuous. They will release the whole game at some point, it'll probably be at least 20+ years for it to be out in total and no one wants to deal with that bullshit.
They can call it what they want but the fact is they're having you pay $60 for Final Fantasy 7: Tutorial Region featuring Filler arcs from any popular shonen jump series

Your soul isn't tainted enough for Yea Forums.

>Writers do this all the time.
I know most do it when they hit a snag and don't know what else to do. FF7 already has plenty of filler and now we get a full game of 90% filler instead of a full game with only 20% filler.

If this were any other FF game I'd be more understanding but Midgar is the most interesting location in the game. I don't think Narshe or Balamb could carry an entire game, but Midgar can.

I appreciate the ambition and scope. There are lots of other games to play, books to read, movies to watch, a life to live. I'm happy to check in every couple of years on this ridiculously ambitious remake of a beloved game, there's no reason I need it all right now. I already know the story, I don't just HAVE to see Cloud face off against Sephiroth next year, why does that matter? We know how it goes, so let's see them build something with detail - we already have the 40 hour version, I'm curious what the 200 hour version might look like.

>I'm curious what the 200 hour version might look like.
It'll be the same as the 40 hour version but with 90% filler most of which comes across as fanfic tier.
>every couple of years
user... you'll be lucky if each part doesn't take a whole decade.

Remember when Yea Forums got angry about SC2 expansions?

Good times, you fucking hypocrites

Square Enix apologists are attracted through this thread like flies to a rotting piece of meat.

>It will essentially be a full scale game
By todays standards that can be like 4 hours.

full scale mainline FF

I do not need a 50 hour expansion of a part of the game that took at most 4 hours.

the mental gymnastic here

Fuck me, it's White Knight Story all over again?

Why not? It was by far the best part.

So the rest of the game was just trash by comparison?

Best most underrated FF girl

I would be finer with Part 1/3 being Midgar on PS4.
The the other 2 parts being PS5 games.

Attached: Untitlled.png (2483x1316, 3.22M)

My god that looks stupid
>I'm going to walk around with this fuck huge sword on a crowded train
>NO ONE'S GOING TO NOTICE THIS

Attached: 2019-06-15_03.28.25.jpg (1024x557, 225K)

which one is the girl?

This

The more I look at it, the more I realize I don't really want a remake of a perfectly fine game.

Listen man, I dont believe any of this marketing speak. The fact is that the game is being remade, and its being sold to us in parts. Therefore, were not getting the complete game . If this isnt reduced priced at say $30-$40, Then I'll just wait 5 more years or whatever until the damn thing is finished in the Tifa's tits edition.

It's already made understood that the people of Midgar are pussies.

>set entirely in Midgar
So it's literally a fraction of the game that we know and it's being remade. This isn't a hard concept to grasp, no matter how much filler is in it this will never be a full game.

>full scale mainline FF
XV can be cleared in 10-15 hours

>yfw you won't buy it regardless

Attached: b1d.png (366x400, 143K)

Huge swords are a norm for SOLDIER. Notice in the first trailer, there are kids playing with similar looking swords.

It's not that, SOLDIER are pretty much celebrities and they're always walking around with huge swords.

I'm not saying they would try and fight him or something, I'm saying it looks fucking stupid to be on a crowded train with a fuck off sized slab of metal. I mean think, they're going to need Cloud to go through the cross dressing scene, so is he going to walk into the Don's mansion in drag but with his fuck huge sword on his back. Hell the guards would go "Hang on, that's the same fucking sword as that twinky kid" when he tries to go through. It'll look fucking stupid.

How can you even make the Midgar part that long, without having an endless number of fetch-quests?
I`ve never heard of any Final Fantasy that only takes place in one city and doesn`t even let you travel around the world.

>npc has bigger tits than Tifa

because it's not a full game lmao

It's called
>Hey remember that time that that thing we just did happened
>yeah
>What did you do during it
Cue new segment where you temporarily play as another character playing through nearly the same segment you just finished but slightly different start and end. We'll go through everyone including the pigeons individually

Midgar doesn't need to be 50 hours though. What do you gain by stretching it out to 10 times its original length? Extended cutscenes and more dialogue can only go so far, eventually you need to come up with more plot to fill in the gaping hole of no-content you've dug yourself into, but VII's plot is already completed by the rest of the game, and it's not like it's a concise story either. You're forced to come up with irrelevant filler just for the sake of selling an extra game.

Utilize all of the sectors. We saw like what, 3 of them?

>Utilize all of the sectors
I thought you people hated asset flips?

>asset flips
those games that are just store bought assets taped together?

so is tifa chinese or japanese

Asset reuse then, my bad. Wrong term

I agree that's how it'll go down, but I don't blame anyone losing their shit since they basically only keep showing the first hour of the old game over and over, and it's taken them 4 years to show a character you get 30 minutes in. Unless there's a tonne of side stuff the only story extensions I can think of are playing as Barret and Tifa after Reactor 5 and some fleshed out story beats with Tseng and Aerith if we're just talking about Midgar, I think they even said they trimmed down and condensed the Shinra building (Mainly removing most of the dead beat keycard floors)

More of Midgar and more Jessie is nothing but a good thing.

>I think they even said they trimmed down and condensed the Shinra building
fake leak

Well as long as you accept to being the same tier as Nepfags I have no issue with you liking it.
>OH BOY ANOTHER MAKO REACTOR THAT LOOKS THE SAME AS ALL THE OTHERS.
>BUT AT LEAST THERE'S WAIFU EVENTS

Will progression work like pic related? What happens when you want to go back to Midgar? Swap discs? Would a complete edition of the game try to stitch these episodes together?

Attached: 51DBEJG3A3L._SY445_.jpg (314x445, 29K)

you're very unimaginative

Thank god I bought FF7 on my PSVita for 5€ during the golden week sales, I'll be able to play the full game and move on to other games before the remake is out.

Maybe you'll be super lucky and get a lewd Event CG where Jessie shows her Panties and her boobs in the boob armor jiggle a little bit and that scene will be a preorder bonus from Gamers.

Could you possibly go be a faggot somewhere else?

I'm not the one hoping for copy paste dungeons

I'll get to that part and wait for your sadposting user. Fuck Jesse. I hope Zack gets more spotlight.

yes you are, so you can be mad about them

>FFVII was a 50 hour RPG.
history revisionism is a mental illness. don't let the clowns rewirte your childhoods, they want you dead. Literally.

This, it's a 40 hour RPG(more like 38 but rounding, you know)

>Fuck Jesse

hey
fuck you

How does leveling work in this full-length rpg? I guess it can just be made super slow since it didn't really affect anything outside of stats but it's still gonna be weird finishing a 30 hour rpg and finishing on level 20 or something

Attached: Rest In Pizza.jpg (1280x1024, 73K)

UMM

Attached: 1560593189161.webm (640x360, 1019K)

I think this is more a ressource management issue.

By selling the game in part they can generate cash more regularly, and have a better financial outlook.

Otherwise investors may be scared.

And in case of a failure they could always stop.

>here there are fleshed-out conversations, genuine personality, and dialogue with a surprising amount of warmth

lol imagine thinking jap writing is worth $60

What, you think that's at the end of the game?

They probably won't have stats carry over and when you start the next game instead of level 1 you'll start at like Level 10 or 15 like most JRPGs where the protag doesn't get auto-reset to 0.

This one image is enough to understand the "game" is going to be an idiotic joke like 13 and 15, an utter failure, and an insult to fans for whom the original was an important experience

y-yes..

Attached: 1560576836655.jpg (1779x997, 519K)

>Midgard
Why can't nips use their own shit instead of appropriating scandinavian culture. they are such nordaboos.

I mean I'd pay full price for a Rance game for it's writing(Rance X is fucking amazing) but modern Square's writing is worth less than nu-Gust writing so like $20 bucks at the absolute most is what it's worth.

It's MIDGAR (no D) so it's completely unique now :^)

Clown City

kek

what the actual fuck are you babbling about

Attached: 1181303906103.jpg (692x519, 62K)

more back story for Shinra and the Turks, more Avalanche terrorism, lampshade Hojo's plans
There is a lot of exposition maybe they will break it up with more gameplay instead of having just filler

He's simply being a retard for (You)s.

Take a look at Square's recent big releases and move on from your delusional dribble.

Anyone that trusts Square after Versus XIII's cancerous dev cycle is retarded.

FFVII is the most expensive game of its time though, pushing the limit of PS1 tech and graphic capabilities. Just because FFVII looks like shit now doesn't mean its not the best looking games in the 90's, hell its the first FF to utilize 3D graphic.

Attached: 5a6c7cbab3856.png (238x258, 75K)

You're like some sort of animals if you can't see how idiotic it looks. Must be retarder summer zoomers.
In the original game, did Cloud have his oversized sword on his back outside of battle? Making this game look more realistic is making it look idiotic as says. It destroys the entirety of the look and feel of the original from that detail alone. You're just dumb retards wanting a fancy new game with big swords and shit.

The reason this is stupid is they have given no indication of what their plans for the other games are. Is just midgar going to be extended since it's iconic to the game? Will the other parts have more accurate pacing? How will summons and chocobos work?

Attached: zero.jpg (470x359, 25K)

I think what he meant was:
They will make each part so huge and interactive, they could be classified as their own respective game, like with Hack.
But that would also mean they'd have to change the story somewhat or add a lot of side quests.

>this much mental gymnastics to trick people
I don't get it, everyone will just see for themselves that this isn't the complete package when it releases anyway, why not just be honest about it? hiding the truth like this will only fuck them over later.

Attached: 01204712842.jpg (318x318, 15K)

$$$$

What's even the point of that sequence?

Looks cool. That's probably it.

You act like Square hasn't been shitting out terrible game after terrible game. Nobody asked for Final Fantasy XIII and most definitely didn't ask for sequels. Nobody asked for XV to be an unfinished mess who's story was split across multiple mediums. Nobody asked for Kingdom Hearts 3 to be a boring game with 90% of story was relegated to the last 20% of the game and to have the song from Frozen be recreated verbatim.

Square hasn't given us anything we've wanted. All they've done is put out disappointment after disappointment. Don't act like other people are being unfair just because they don't have Square's dick in their mouth.

To get away from baddies while having another bike minigame.

Cutscene's baby. Lots and lots of cinematics and slow, dramatic dialogue.

You are retarded if you think they can stretch Midgar (a 3 hour segment of the og) into 60 hours without hurting the story.

Hahaha can't wait for Turk section where you play as Reno and Rude for 10 hours

>VII GOOD
>XV BAD
Fuck off, NPC

>Fill Contents with fetch quest
>Oh dear sir, i need 10 Wolf-Fangs
>Oh dear sir, i lost my child
Here's your 50 hours content, time to pay up you whito piggu!!

FF 15 was good. I had WAY more fun with it than with XIII.

XV is fucking trash.

>FF 15 was good

Seperating and stretching the first segment in the game will likely mean that it'll be full of padding and/or fanfiction. Pic related is what happens when someone cuts and streches a game and sells it as its own, a 70hr long prologue that bored most people from wanting to play its sequel.

When I heard that it'd be episodic, I was planning on waiting for it all to finish so I can marathon it at once but if each is "as long as a full game" I'll get burned out before long and that's if they can even finish it in less than a decade..

Attached: 365984-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-playstation-3-front-cover.jpg (800x800, 156K)

I'm concerned that there will be bizzare cuts and additions to the story. I also strongly doubt they would pad out the start of the game to that extent as it would just become repetitive.

I had more fun with XV than XIII as well but that doesn't mean it's a good game. So much of that game was missing to be sold as a DLC and other media.

13 has much better combat.

XV story was an awful garbled mess. The only redeeming aspect was the friendship of the main party. They actually felt like real friends who cared about each other unlike other FF games where relationships feel artificial and lacking.

They literally are, in the same setting that everyone loves. Retelling an old story with updated graphics and new missions.

>new missions
translation: Filler content

Here's 2 the possible outcome
1) The game flop super hard and people voice that they don't wanna pay for an incomplete game.
SE then proceed to complete the rest of the game and treat Ep1 as a MGS: Ground Zero kind of game.
But this require discipline and true love and passion to gaming.
So this is impossible to happen.

The likely outcome would be
2) The game sold super well because of normies having no brains.
SE saw this as their next golden geese and claim that they are gonna expand the FF7 universe, so they will release even more episodes, each events will most likely be their own episode, nibelheim story? One episode. Cosmo Canyon? One episode. Golden Saucer, Barret and Dyne? One episode. Temple of the ancients? One episode.
Good Job ruining vidya for us, impatient brainless normies

what fucking side quests do you add then huh?

You're a retard.

If you look at new story content and more general quests as filler sure. Be boring.

Even if they did expand Midgar to a 50 hour RPG, that fucking sucks and I don't want that. At that point it ceases being FFVII and starts being something much worse. FFVII told a complete story, you cannot just bloat up 10% of that story and expect it to have the same effect. The pacing will be fucked, they'll have to make up a ton of terrible bullshit to fill time, and the overall game suffers as a remake of FFVII.

FFVII and basically all JRPGs are games that are propped up by their scope. The reason people like FFVII is because it's an epic globe-spanning adventure that takes you to tons of different locales and tells a grand story that brings you from humble origins to deciding the fate of the planet. It has locations that are just deep enough to switch up the tone and atmosphere without having you get bogged down in any one thing for too long.

The remake is a massive reduction in scope, which fundamentally misunderstands FFVII and again, basically all JRPGs. You'll have an incomplete story, a single locale, and you'll lose out on the variety that keeps a 50 hour game interesting.

This is the most retarded thing I've ever seen, im also gonna save it and post it every year so he looks either downright fucking retarded or we all do.

The stupid replies to this aside, I think this will be the most likely case.

Attached: 1560600042856.jpg (1920x1080, 240K)

>They're not ripping you off, they're giving you far more FFVII than you've ever had before.

They're not giving us any FF7 at all.

>new story content
Fanfiction
>more general quests
user, I'm trying to not laugh at you too much but when you say shit like "IT'S GOOD THEY'RE GIVING US MORE FETCH QUESTS" you make it really hard to keep a straight face.

Wait so they aren't making anything past midgar? Or is that just where episode 1 ends? Wait is this going to be like fucking half life??

How did they act like real friends? I thought their relationships were terribly portrayed. They're ridiculously shallow. Felt totally inconsequential when they fucked off and told you to be the DLC. The only one who even talks about their backstory and why they're friends is Prompto's terrible fat kid melodrama that comes out right at the beginning of the game. Everyone else is just stuck in their roles, like Ignis being the group mom or Gladiolus constantly doing his /out/ thing. There's no dynamic to the relationship, the party's just there.

kekerino

But user, don't you want to know what that one very specific pigeon in that one very specific scene was thinking for FOUR, Yes FOUR WHOLE HOURS OF GAMEPLAY.

They are, but they'll be on PS5. I think PS5 will be out mid next year.

Do you think you'll be alive for the next 20 years?
I hope you do.

>fanfiction
its from SE not from some nobody so its not fanfiction. your just retarded
>user, I'm trying to not laugh at you too much but when you say shit like "IT'S GOOD THEY'RE GIVING US MORE FETCH QUESTS" you make it really hard to keep a straight face
hard for you to do anything straight. I can tell your a faggot.

Done arguing with a retard.

I love Midgar anyway so works for me.

The amount of shills defending this episodic garbage is staggering. This thread should serve as a warning that squeenix toddlers are as bad as bethesdrones.

>Tifa threads are being deleted
lmao rip

Attached: test.jpg (8536x2080, 3.13M)

>its from SE not from some nobody so its not fanfiction
Filler is pretty much fanfiction user, ask any shonenigger.

there was a spoiler in the OP for one of them

>How did they act like real friends?
They were established friends for years before the story began. They had continual casual banter and camped out together everyday. It's normal stuff like that that makes it feel like a believable friendship. Compare that to other FF parties where it's all serious business and dialogue is so stilted that it feels like they are reading lines instead of having natural conversation.

Botw isn't a remake of anything you fucking retard

I hope I do live for the next 20 years user, and hopefully longer than even that, but waiting to get a monkeys paw version of half of one of my favourite games is not how I want to spend this life

Their casual banter sucked and constantly repeated itself. All of their interactions felt so stock, and the few moments of drama in the story never seemed to go anywhere, like Gladiolus getting mad at Noctis for being a fuckin' bitch.

They did such a terrible job of having scenarios that actually fleshed them out. Something like Tales of or FFIX's vignettes accomplished more than any party bonding moment in FFXV.

So I'm paying $60 for padding and filler then, how can anyone defend this

Yes, your turn based homo simulator is better than Zelda. Sure thing. :)

Hope you feel better now.

Well at least you understood what I meant, but I hope the Anons here live long and fulfilling lives. I was more making a comment on how long Square takes to make games. I don't want Anons to die or kill themselves. Well except RetardError invaders for obvious reasons.

Well if you can't see their chemistry then explaining it would be a waste of time. I know I'm not the only one that thinks XV had the best interaction amongst the main parties of FF, though it's not like there was much competition.
IX is definitely one of the better FF's when it comes to world building due to the function of seeing what each party member was up to when you enter a new area. It made the world feel more alive. XII and XIII were probably the worst as everyone felt like strangers just happening to be going the same way.

Read the thread or any game news site comment section. The amount of people who actually have faith in Square despite FF XIII and Versus XIII/XV is fucking ridiculous.

Nobody is forcing you. People can spend their money however they like.

Way to miss the point

Oh, kek. I thought that was some tangent that went over my head, I guess I was half right. I genuinely appreciate hearing that and wish you a long and successful life also user, r/etardera faggots can an hero & get btfo forever. Fuck square enix

> Why is this so hard to understand? bla bla bla bla
Are they going to sell the etire game for 60€ ? if Not STFU .

Yes fucking retard, its already pre purchaseable.

What about Genesis the SuPRemE poet?

>who asked for them to stretch 4 hours of a beloved classic into a 40 hour standalone game thats the question
Actually, I think there were quite a few people who wanted more stuff in Midgar. I was one of them. I don't have any hope for the remake, though.

Not him, and while I do really like the dynamic of the 4 members of XV, it was unfortunately weakened by the game being stitched together in the end and the character-specific content being relegated to DLC. There are many missed opportunities for better display of their relationships.

Also XII had a good group dynamic as well.

>pushing the limit of PS1 tech and graphic capabilities
Not really. The PS1 could do a lot better than pic related.

Attached: cloud ps1.jpg (485x365, 39K)

>Possibly somethign that establishes Scarlet's disgust and hatred of Tifa sooner.
I don't think Scarlet had some kind of long-standing hatred against Tifa. I doubt she even knew of Tifa's existence before that whole incident in Junon. She was a bitch to Tifa because she's just a bitch in general.

>There is a vocal minority of Square Enix haters that just spam how much they hate everything the company does, no matter how much SE bends over backwards to give us everything we could ask for.
Ah yes, I remember how all the fans wanted Square to remove turn-based combat and put more clothes on Tifa.

>I'll just wait 5 more years or whatever until the damn thing is finished in the Tifa's tits edition.
I'd like to finish in Tifa's tits, if you know what I mean.

It better be. I liked some of the random Shinra floors.

You fuckers complaining about this are cancer. Them splitting VII in 3 games is way better than having 1 botched up empty open world. You can't do open worlds the same way you do on ps1. XV, which should have also been 3 games, is exactly what happens when you try to do that. I mean what exactly are you complaining about? The people making the game genuinely care and want to build a great experience.